Ulisse Deluxe Reviews

Via del Mare, 22, Sorrento, Italy

More of a hotel than a hostel. The pool was closed and the gym was tiny. Go to Bagni Regina Giovanna while you're in Sorrento

This is a very fancy hostel more likely to a hotel, but amazing I really enjoyed my time there. The room is fantastic with air-conditioner, the size is perfect, and the bathroom amazing and comfortable, was also one of the few hostels that I really saw people cleaning it...and all those other facilities that the hostel offer, unfortunately I didn't use the swimming pool and gym but it was my fault, the breakfast is also expensive but you can have it in other place. I highly recommend it!

Very large hostel. I thought it was a hotel. Then I realized why it is 'deluxe'. Anyhow my room was not that large, compared to super large dinning rooms or other common areas. But it was okay. The staffs are also doing tour reservation work or something so you can get some information from them.

Fantastic property with wonderful people. The location was ideal and the staff was spot-on with their restaurant recommendations.

• 9th Jul 2014

Fantastic hostel. Felt like we were in a Hotel. Many open lounges, clean rooms and bathroom. Great English speaking receptionist with great reviews and recommendations in the area. Not enough lockers for our 6 person dorm.

This is essentially a hotel with a couple of hostel rooms. Very clean, great location and helpful staff but don't expect a traditional hostel with common area. Good value for Sorrento

More a hotel than hostel. Very nice. Bathrooms are amazing. Rooms are a bit cramped but it's very clean (hostel rooms). Wifi a bit slow. Overall extremely happy. Very helpful with advice. 5 min walk to beach (small beach, black sand). 30 min walk from gorgeous grotto on a point. Ask front desk. It's a point north-west of the hostel. Beautiful. Atmosphere is average as it's more a hotel. There is a room with a tv but it is hardly used.

This is the nicest looking hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms and showers were really good with my only suggestion is to lower the lock area for the cupboards as we had to stand on a chair to padlock our cupboards. The location could be better but it's less than a 10 min walk from the main square so still pretty good.

I could hardly call this place a hostel. It was very nice and was definitely more like a hotel. We cannot complain about the accommodations as they were terrific and clean. Breakfast seemed a bit pricey at 10 Euros for what you get, but it is convenient. The only other thing that was a bummer was the taxi ride to the train station. Maybe it's a Sorrento thing or maybe it was me (for not checking), but to go 700-800 meters (less than a kilometer) it cost 20 Euros! Negotiate before you leave!

• 3rd Jun 2014

We stayed in the dorm one night which was just ok. The shower for the dorm was pretty terrible and the room was small. That being said everything was clean and they offer two bed private dorms. We asked if they had any free regular rooms and for 10€ pp more we were able to upgrade two of the nights. The regular rooms are your basic hotel room and was perfect for us. The wifi in the hotel was very very slow. To the point that it was barely useable at times. Breakfast is an extra 10€

Very good stay - booked a dorm but had it all to myself - lucky me! but in all this was a nice place....clean comfortable and friendly staff!

• 25th May 2014
  • India

I suspect my room had bedbugs as I had the classic 3 bites pattern. Other than that, hostel is clean and in good location. Avoid the 10€ breakfast as their are cheaper options a few minutes walk from the hostel.

• 22nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

We only used the Hostel as a room to stay and so did not use the bar/ breakfast facilities (although they looked very good!) The Hostel is not so much a hostel as a hotel (I'm guessing it has hostel style rooms but we stayed in a double private). Our room was more than spacious and better than most hotel rooms I've stayed in before. The staff were overly helpful and went out of their way to accommodate us and help us sort out tours. Location is probably the best you'll get in the city!

Absolutely loved this place. I was booked for a dorm room but they placed me in a 2 bed room and I had the room to myself the entire time. It is like a hotel really more than a hostel. Staff very very helpful. The breakfast costs 10 Euros extra and is not good value I personally feel but overall excellent place. Could not ask for better. Would return there for sure if I am in Sorrento again.

Nice "hostel" worth of money but very boring.

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and made our stay very enjoyable

This hostel is not a hostel a lot.. it is a very nice hotel, very worhy for the price. Very good location and the staff is unbelievable helpful and friendly. 10Euro breakfast is not included but cleanliness and the hotel itself are totally worth it. thank you very much, im totally recommending Ulisse Deluxe to my friends and acquaintances.

Loved this hostel. Took a little while to find but we asked someone on the street and it was easy enough. Walk down the stairs by the hospital on Corsa Italia and keep going (PAST the parking lot, not through it.) Very kind staff that told us everywhere we needed to go. There was a pool but we didn't use it, and there was breakfast but you had to pay. My only complaint is the trashcan in the room was tiny. Not enough for the four of us in there! Good hostel.

More a hotel than a hostel. But makes up by the super nice and professional staff. 10 EUR for a breakfast but 22 EUR for a day at the spa! go figure

This hostel was by far "OVER THE TOP". Chiara and the entire staff were so wonderful and accomodating, in EVERY way!! This was my second time to Italy and Sorrento. This was the only Hostel we stayed in on this trip and we wished we would hgave chosen more. We toured Rome, Florence and Sorrento and stayed in Hotels in the other two cities. The four of us slam dunk agreed that Ulyssis was the BEST stay of all! Great Job, Chiara and staff. Would book with you in a heart beat again!!