University of Glasgow - Cairncross House

8.5
Fabulous 530 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 41+
21st Jul 2017

Great place to stay in Glasgow. Very clean and comfortable. I had my own room with a double bed, sink and mirror, and a super clean, modern kitchen. Bathrooms are modern and there re plenty of them. Overall, a very comfortable stay, definitely my best in 2 months of hostels

• Canada, Female, 41+
16th Jul 2017

The facilities are excellent and a great value considering they are in the middle of a city. The kitchens are clean and stocked with good dishes and cutlery.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
16th Jul 2017

Quiet, wonderful, after weeks of hostel travelling I almost cried when I saw my single room. Great location too.

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Jul 2017

The staff was great with one exception. On my day of check out a security person checked in an early arriving guest into my room at 7am. My check out time was 10am. Situation was taken care of. Overall, my stay was good. Someone from housekeeping helped me to my room and carried my bag because I have a broken wrist. Staff was helpful with any questions I had.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
5.7

Despite being given to choice of what time to check in, selecting 11am, we arrived to be told we would need to wait until "around 2pm" to be allowed into our room, this being that they were busy. Staff came across as quite rude and very uninterested. We then returned at 2pm to check in, despite wishing to pay by cash we were asked to pay by cash. The room was pleasant but lacking in mirrors,the bathrooms were filthy and we had no access to a kitchen area as promised. Parking was very poor also.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
7.4

Good sized room and common room, only issue with myself and many others was that we were told we could check in (and tick a box when booking) at 11, however we had to wait until 2pm, therefore we were late for our event. Hope this can be rectified in your booking system, make it clear that check-in time is 2pm and don't have an option to check in earlier to avoid confusion.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017

Everything was very good and the staff was friendly and kind. The location is excellent, walk distance to Botanic garden, train station and University of Glasgow.

• England, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

By definition, student accommodation outside of term-time is going to be a little quiet, but the plus side of that is privacy and peace and quiet. Staff were helpful, and despite being down the road in a separate building to my room, there was a direct line that went straight through to reception from the phone in my room. The room itself was clean and comfortable, and spacious for one person. The ensuite was also clean. All round it was great (although I would have liked a bin in my room!)

• Canada, Female, 31-40
7th Jul 2017
5.7

Facilities were generally clean (bathroom could have been cleaner). Just seemed impersonal. No access to Wifi with Canadian postal code. Fine accommodation for a business trip, not for vacationing.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2017
7.4

Really high potential let down by: - no control of heating in the bedrooms making them like saunas - all showered tried flooded. When reported was told nothing could be done until after we had checked out - staff that struggle with the simplest tasks With this being said, I still would recommend as the quality of rooms is top notch