University of Glasgow - Cairncross House Reviews

20 Kelvinhaugh Place, G3 8NH, Glasgow, Scotland

Clean room, helpful staff, value for money for a private room.

On booking page got incorrect bus details. No:9 and another one do not go to University camp.

This hostel was a bit difficult to find without asking the locals, the directions mention SECC which is actually always labeled "Exhibition Centre". The "hostel" itself is very nice, offering everyone affordable and well-equipped private rooms. The location was not ideal, it's situated at the furthest "walkable" point from downtown, where you'll want to spend your time. Separate kitchens make it hard to meet ppl. Hop-on / Hop-off stop is a short walk away. A good hostel to recharge.

Very close to university and the museum. Room is clean and brightness. But the neighbor sound can cross the wall and I can hear it clearly , so it makes me anxious.

This was my second time at Cairncross house. It was a pleasant stay, I didn't have any problems, the room was clean and comfortable enough, working toilet and showers, friendly staff. I will definitely go back there again if I need a budget accommodation.

A little out of the way from downtown, but solid facilities and a good value.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Nice stay in these student housing during the summer break. Nice rooms, clean toilets and showers, large kitchens...thanks

Private rooms for a good price in Glasgow, it was clean and 20min away walking from the center. I appreciated that we had the parking. The kitchen was nice. The atmosphere was low, but it was expected in empty university dorms :) I recommand!

A great place to stay. 20 mins walk to city centre. very clean. you find here everything you need! equiped kitchen, maps, interet, nice bed. u recieve towel and soap and mats for showering. I would deffinitely come back to this place.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

I've been here the second time. I like the location. The people I met here are very nice. I really can recommend this house and if I'll come again to Glasgow it will be my first choice.

Student life has changed since my day! An incredibly modern and clean common room that would fit a high quality contemporary hotel! Rooms were basic but twice the size of my uni room back in the day! Only criticism is metal framed squeaky beds. Why do places use them. So annoying!

Difficult to locate, not on campus proper. Rates were high for university property. Staff was very good. Doors secore but no safe or lockers.