University of Glasgow - Cairncross House Reviews

20 Kelvinhaugh Place, G3 8NH, Glasgow, Scotland

It is value for money and the location is strategic

My door wouldn't lock from the outside using the key. The place really is filthy. The carpets look old and are very dirty.

• 24th Aug 2015

Room was very clean and spacious. However the fridges smelt awful and looked dirty.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

So many kitchens, and separate bathrooms. best value single occupant rooms going.

There could be more equipment in the kitchen and more bathroom checks (for TP mainly) but overall it was decent and clean. Friendly desk staff.

Very reasonably priced, shared facilities. Clean.

I've stay here before and will stay here again if I'm in glasgow at this time of year. Two short train stops from the city center. With in walking distance from the park . Nice room but the carpet could use a cleaning. Otherwise everything was fine. Great staff!

Great value. Although further out of town than I thought & could have done with a precise map as reception was off an signed street, the place was just what I needed for a short stay, at a great price. It was a huge and I didn't see any other guests but even if there had been there were plenty of shared bathrooms (choice of baths and showers), kitchens, + comfortable common room. Bedroom was much bigger than my student rooms were! Useful features like 24 hour check in and wi-fi. I'd stay again.

Very basic but clean accommodation, private rooms and in a good location - right on the University campus, close to grocery stores, restaurants and pubs and within walking distance of city centre. Not a very social atmosphere as it was very quiet, so not the place to be if you're looking to meet people, but great for privacy and a good sleep. Overall I would recommend.

The hostel smelled of mould and must. The shower ceilings looked as though they had water damage and overall the place was too hot and smelled badly. I think maybe because it's an old building? The lock on my door was loose so that was kind of sketchy.

Nice clean place in a good location. The only issue was the rooms were ridiculously hot even with heating off and windows open.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Was real nice and easy to get to. Was always clean and quite. Showers and kitchen facilities close by and also laundry room.

• 25th Jun 2015

I didn't find this place very communal. there is a very nice common area but no one used it while I was there. Great place, comfort, location. The staff was SUPER helpful as I had luggage that I needed shipped home.