Vandrarhem Uppsala - Kungsängstorg Reviews

Kungsängstorg 6, Uppsala, Sweden

It is a small quiet hostel that strives to provide a hotel-like service. I enjoyed the clean room and the shared bathroom. To put my experience into context, I arrived when the hostel was not full. For those who arrive after their reception hours, it may take few minutes for a receptionist to come from its sister hostel (another vandrarhem across the Central Station) and assist you. Another guest told me I could check-in at this another hostel - for your information.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Good hostel in terms of the price for value and the services, but not if you value the warm of the welcome. It is a deshumanized hostel in which you will be lucky if you see someone in the reception...

Not a place to party, definitely a place for grown-ups and couples who want something quiet and clean. The kitchen was awesome; the knives were so sharp! But not communal spices or oil or anything. There was only staff there in the morning. The place seemed deserted all the time.

Handy location for most Uppsala activities. Kitchen has compelentary coffee machine. My room was small but suitable for my purposes. Breakfast can be purchased. Frozen meals can be prepared. Staff are young, and friendly. Room access codes are emailed but still seem to cause some confusion. Door intercom to associated hostel helps.

I stayed in this hostel for 1 night to visit Uppsala and spend two days sightseeing as a group of three. We were very pleasantly surprised by the comfortable and homely feel to this hostel. It was bright and airy and very clean. The building had a nice traditional charm without being outdated. Staff very helpful when we needed to ask for advice about the town etc.

• 22nd Jul 2014