Vedanta Wake up! on the sunny cliffs, Varkala Reviews

Helipad Road, Opposite Chempakam Super Market, Near Kochuvilamukku North Cliff, Varkala, India

Even though it was off season Anesh the manager was very helpful at arranging things for us. Clean rooms. Close to main area. Just great times really.

Very nice stay. 5 minutes walk from the beach and cliff which can be nice if you're not so interested in being in the tourist hu .it gives a nice space. Cleanliness was a great treat. And staff are not invasive. Good intentions.

• 30th May 2014

This is my second visit to Vedanta - Varkala. Had been here in sept '14 and was very keen to get back. I am very happy I came back. Thanks Anish and team for your amazing hospitality. I have spent my best days in India with you guys. I will be back every time I come to India. Good Luck and keep up the grt work.

Loved staying here, staff were lovely, the staff was so clean and cosy, our favourite place in india!

Very friendly stuff, nice common hangout area, there even is a hammock outside! And there is AC in the rooms! :)

My partner and I stayed at Vedanta Varkala for a week. The staff were so friendly, the manager couldn't have been more helpful and the atmosphere was great. We stayed in 1 of the bamboo huts which was so cosy and well-equipped; it was a little noisy at night - it was quite near the road. So without fuss we were immediately offered a fab room in 1 of the main buildings - it was quiet, cool and very comfortable with air con and tv (the hut too). We are in our mid 50s and YES we will go back!!!

• 1st Mar 2014

Leaky A/C, left big puddle near our bathroom overnight, otherwise excellent hostel

Nice place to stay some nights!! good value for the money!! But you are not alowed to use the kitchen, although there is one that is only for staff! Stayed in a dorm, had nice people around and did yoga by myself on the rooftop!

A fun place to stay and interact with other backpackers, even if I was the only guy there at the time who didn't look like I was in ZZ Top. Helpful staff. Not as close to the cliffs as many other places, but it's only a few minutes walk down the road.

Couldn't have asked for a better hostel to start my travels in India

• 9th Feb 2014