Velkommen Guesthouse Siem Reap Reviews

Group 4 Mondul 3 Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Loved Velkommen! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, as if we had known each other years. Their food was good and the beer was cheap. The beds are pretty comfortable, except the plastic on the mattress (bed bug protection that I do appreciate) was really loud at night. About a 15-20 minute walk to Pub Street and the markets, but it's not too bad. I saw the staff clean our room every single day, so it was in great shape always. EXCELLENT WIFI!!! Definitely recommend!

I stayed for 4 nights in the Standard Double Bed Private with 3 friends and 1 night in Standard 6 Bed Mixed Dorm. Both rooms were really nice and clean. I had a great stay, the staff is super helpful and can speak good English. I forgot my camera on the bus from Phnom Penh and I thought for sure that I had lost it (and my photos!). But they helped me call the company so I could get it back. You can rent bicycles for $2/day (nice for Angkor Wat). I fully recommend this hostel!

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Really lovely owner. v helpful. V clean. Quiet. Pool table. Good english breakfast. 15 min walk to 'bar street' but take a tuk tuk as they are so cheap. Negotiate on price of journey but don't take the micky as this is how they make their living. 5 min walk to posh River Garden hotel which let you to use their gorgeous pool if you buy a drink! Eat at HAVEN restaurant which supports local disadvantaged kids. Take tuk tuk - who will drive you around all day - or hire a bike to cycle to Angkor Wat.

There is so clean and staff are very kind.

Just perfect! The breakfast is maybe not really cheap, but that's a small thing, again just perfect!! Nice staff!!

• 11th Jan 2014

This was the perfect place to stay and wrap up my six week trip through SE Asia. It's 5-minutes from pub street and to be honest, you don't want to be right on pub street. A tuk tuk is a $1 ride from the hostel or you can rent a bike for the day for $2. They've got ice cold awesome beer right at the front desk. Edwin is extremely helpful and their breakfasts are awesome. They are one of the few places in SE Asia that actually know how to make bacon. Us Canadians need our Bacon! Stay here. Do it!

• 8th Jan 2014

Comfortable, decent price, helpful staff, $1 Ice cold beer on tap. No complaints here!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Nice and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms with safe lockers. Just one thing: Please get some baskets for the bicycles. ;)

Very nice guesthouse and very friendly staff. Got a lot of good advice and rent bikes for our trip to angkor. Enjoyed our stay big time.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts