Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

This was without a doubt the best hostel I´ve stayed at! The staff, the atmosphere, the location, the room (private room, ensuite!!)...everything was just great! If you´re looking for a hotel, don´t go to VBH. But if you´re looking for nice people to talk to, helpful staff, value for your money, well, stay here. I am definately coming back!

This Hostel is well located in the heart of Venice Beach. But that it all it has to offer. At a price that could get you a cheap Hotel, this hostel is falling appart. Everything seems dirty and old, the kitchen and common rooms are terrible. The private bed we stayed was just OK, at least it had a bathroom ensuite. Would not recomend this one.

Not a great hostel, but in a good location for Venice Beach. Rooms are a bit average, nothing worth talking about. Breakfast was good, with Waffles. Wifi a bit dodgy too. Prob wouldn't stay here again, but an okay place.

Los Angeles is large!!! so if u want to stay close to the beach, this might be a perfect choise. otherwise, quiet far away from hollywood for example...

Nice hostel, good location. But 42 dollars is way too much for a normal 14 bed dorm.

Very unclean Was in a good location

Traveling can often be expensive, so budgeting was key for the group I went with. We were pleased to stay at a below average place for the right price, however we attempted to stay an additional night based on the prime location but ended up checking out early due to the incredible disrespect the owner showed when we confronted him regarding a price that was quote by his staff and then over charged. I would not recomment staying here but at the Same Sun with a beach front view and great vibe.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice location. I was able to see the ocean from my double-bed room and it's very important for me coz I live too far away from it) free breakfast is also the good thing. I think that's the best hostel at that hood for this price. I've been back to LA in a week since I left this place and I had to found a place to stay again but there was no vacation in here. However I've found the hostel with the same price and it was much worse in spite of it was really closer to the ocean on the same street..

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Staff very helpful. Overpriced. Free food once you know about it. Smokers abound unfortunately. As a backpacker ok.

• 8th Mar 2014

Staff, atmosphere and location were awesome! Strongly recommended. Joaquín. Argentina

This hostel definetly needs to be renovated. The common rooms and the kitchen are fine, but our room was just an assortment of furnitures which deserves to go to the garbage. Also the cleanliness was good, we didn't felt comfy in our room, as everything in there was worn out and setted up without concept. The room would be ok for max. half of the price we paided. Everything else (breakfast, location (if you like venice), staff,...) is good, but please work on the look of your rooms and hallways.

• 29th Nov 2013

Nice place close to the beach and good to get some free food included. It attracts some weird people but I guess that's not the hostels fault.

Very pleasant stay, super location next to Venice Beach. Enjoyed the stay a lot. Value-for-price is fantastic! Recommend a stay, for sure!

I loved the location, but it could have done with being cleaner! I have contacted the hostel twice now, because I paid $100 deposit on arrival (which I was not told I would have to do) and I have still not been reimbursed. As you can imagine, this is really frustrating. They are not replying to my emails and I am going to have to make an expensive call to the USA about it.

• 18th Oct 2013

I really enjoyed the stay in Venice. I stayed there 3 nights and had no problem booking or cancelling extra night. Staff was super friendly and I know that it's hard to find in a hostel. Was also clean. Well wasn't luxurious and prob was too expensive for the quality but I guess it's the location you pay for. I would definitely come back!

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Poland

The building could do with being refurbished but apart from that was a very good hostel.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Very close to Venice beach, however the area felt a bit dodgy at night. Rooms smelt funny, but were clean. Free breakfast was limited.

I wad in USA for business and for the first time i decided to book a hostel instead of a Hotel. I really enjoyed my time, met a lot of new people, very nice atmosphere and perfect location because you don't need to move in other places, neither for nightlife!

• 13th Sep 2013

I didn't stay here too long but what I saw seemed really good. The bed was comfy and the staff were nice. It's definitely the place to go for atmosphere, maybe less so if you are looking for shiny and clean.

It was a nice hostel. They ha free dinner every night and we ate some bean mix which was very good.