Venice Hotel Villa Dori Reviews

Via Cesare Piva, 1 Venice, Via Colombara, 213, Venice, Italy

The worst place I have ever been to, the staff are rude and unhelpful and the location is terrible. Everything that they advertise on the internet is a lie, I can't stress enough how bad this place is. The staff really are bad.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Wifi didn't work most of the time except in the lobby and it was slow. We had wasps in our room and other bugs. Not much to do around the hotel. They make you pay "taxes" when you arrive additional to the fees you already paid online only in cash.

We booked this 3 weeks before arriving and I emailed to double check it was all fine, but when I arrived they said they had given our room away to a bigger group booking. So we had to stay in a separate hotel, which was fine but just a bit annoying they didn't tell us. We stayed somewhere else for the rest of the trip because this hotel is WAY too far away - NOT worth 25 min bus plus time waiting for bus, we got a twin room in the centre of venice for 110 euros a night - 55 euro per person!

A good choice if you just want a place to sleep at a lower price than the the hotel in the city of Venice. Maybe a bit far from Venice but very quiet place.

The facilities in our room were great - mini fridge, ensuite, TV, comfortable beds. The facilities in the hotel were great too - taxi service to & from Venice centre, taxi service to & from the airport, a restaurant in the hotel, and a takeaway service directly to the hotel.

We spent half day trying to find the directions and couldn't contact the staff on the phone. We arrived some 3 or 4 hours later than expected and were send to the room which wasn't cleaned from the previous guests. Staff looked like they couldn't care less, no bar facilities, no restaurant, it was in the middle of nowhere. Half of lights didn't work, otherwise it was quite romantic. It was a real Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! :-)

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Its more of a couples hotel than a hostel. But its nice.

This felt like a couples hotel. There was a closet with karma sutra carvings in it. It really is a kinda cool unique place.

An unannounced change in shuttle vehicle from blue small minivan to large silver one neither of which have signage (it's been ripped off) left us stranded in Venice as we could not identify what vehicle to get into. Staff were uninterested and rude. Manager was supposedly on holiday and Claudia informed me that nobody was in charge. We had to get a taxi because of poor instructions on what buses to get, and just generally the whole place is ruined by uninterested staff

• 7th Jul 2014

The stayed was pretty bad. They people working there is not nice. I paid there cash and my bank was charge after two more time after I had left. I email them about and haven't got reply back yet. If anything I will try with my bank.

The hotel is not in Venice, which is why they offer the transfer for a charge. The staff wasn't welcoming at all, it felt more like we were trying to be nice with them rather than they making us feel like home. The room was very outdated, holes in the towels, unpleasant smell and some visible molds. You may be lucky to get a better room, but I wouldn't offer the hotel to anyone.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Quite good, but I reccomend to use the shuttle service they have to go from Venice Mestre/Roma Square to the hotel. You have to book it and it's only 3€ (bus costs 2,5€).

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Staff weren't very smiley at all. Tended to lounge around the reception eating ice cream. Terrible first impression, got better after that. The night time staff at reception by far the best. 'American style' breakfast consisted of fried chicken, rice and other dishes you would never class as a breakfast, would suggest buying your own things in the previous day to have your own breakfast in your room. Other than that it was good value for money. Shuttle service was ideal for getting to Venice.

• 24th Jun 2014