Venice Hotel Villa Dori Reviews

Via Cesare Piva, 1 Venice, Via Colombara, 213, Venice, Italy

Internet facility was really poor. I was expecting more friendly and welcoming staff at the reception.

location is not good- about 30ish minutes into venice with a complicated bus journey- but their shuttle service was good. having read some awful reviews we were expecting the worst but were pleasantly surprised- it was clean and secure with air con but no working wifi- but a clean bed and shower is all we needed and what more can you expect from a hotel with hostel prices. as long as you arent expecting a 5* hotel you will be fine.

Although the hotel is slightly far from Venice, the hotel provides a wonderful shuttle service that makes traveling easy and stress-free.

Wifi and air con failed to work. Other than the bus driver (who was classic) staff we lippy and had attitude.

little bit rude attitude I think.. but may be they are effort their way.

This hostel/hotel is great, I paid for a private room with private bathroom, and it's still very reasonable. The staff are welcoming and helpful. The location is perfect, just a short drive to a very well priced car park, and then a 5 minute bus to Venice itself. There is also parking at the hotel and air con in the rooms. The freshly cooked eggs for breakfast were also very nice. I really liked it.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

The hotel is far from Venice and the airports, but they have a shuttle service. The shuttle to town only runs at 9:30 am and 9pm, so be prepared to be exhausted, or make the complicated trek back via city bus. For $10 extra a day you can get breakfast, which is nothing special.The restaurant downstairs is a little dingy. I wandered into the washrooms there and they were filled with spiderwebs and the sinks didn't work. The rooms themselves are okay but walls are paper thin.

They charged us €4.90 each for a tourist tax which was not advertised. The shuttle bus is excellent and the driver is very friendly.

Only the wifi connection did not work, otherwise it was great ;)

• 19th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Moody staff, located very far out of town, although there is a shuttle bus service which was helpful.

• 15th May 2015

Dificult to access

This hotel was very lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was however a big effort to find the local bus to the hotel and it is situated a considerable distance out of Venice downtown.

• 17th Apr 2015

Many thank ...i hope to see the next time ..best regards maria

We were surprised by how far away the hotel was from the island, and also very disappointed by that. It was very difficult to get anywhere near the island and the directions given to us were not very clear and didn't match the ones I found online, which was confusing. In addition to this, the establishment was absolute freezing, the shower sprayed all over the bathroom, the staff seemed frustrated whenever I asked a question, and we're pretty sure the place is haunted.

• 2nd Apr 2015

I'm sorry but at 20 euros per person our Hotel could not be in san marco our staff is available you can change the room I wish you a nice day...best regards maria