Venice Hotel Villa Dori Reviews

Via Cesare Piva, 1 Venice, Via Colombara, 213, Venice, Italy

No kettle. The staff rarely at the reception. One old lady very helpful as she did give a jar us of hot water. at hotel's cafe. But the next day, short hair lady didnt help us at all for the hot water Location very far from the venezia. I would suggest to pay more for the nearer hotel near the city rather than to take bus for 50 minutes even worse the bus is not that frequent. So much hassle I said but my friends and I did survey there for 3nights but surely it taught us abt loc of hotel

This is by far the worst place you can stay at. Other than the fact it's in the middle of no where, there is one mom running the whole place where i should add no one but us was staying. When I called her because we were lost coming back she said "i dont know where you are" whereas when we stopped in by a closer hotel the lady looked up everything on google maps and called us a cab. We found a new hotel to stay at bc we couldnt take it anyone and when we went back to check out no one was there

• 25th Nov 2015

ABSYMAL! the shuttle service doesn't run as frequently as advertised on the website, the staff are unhelpful especially during the evening. I was also charged an extra tax when i arrived, Hostelworld have kindly refunded this as it wasn't agreed to when i initially booked. One night the shuttle didn't arrive at drop off point for one hour had to argue with the receptionist who said i was lying and that i wasn't at the stop, WHY WOULD I LIE? the receptionist in the morning refunded the cost

• 23rd Oct 2015

After arriving I had to wait at least 15 minutes for staff to arrive at the desk. When she finally arrived she was very rude and cold. Its located at least 20-30 minutes outside the city center by bus. The wifi was a bad connection and expensive ( 3 euro for an hour). Room was not very clean. The decor is a little off putting. The bathroom was a little run down, mine had no hot water and the tile was cracked causing water to leak everywhere.

There was a blond woman who was really unpolite with us. It should not happen, we are not asking for a favor, we are PAYING, so we wait at least to be well treated. The other woman who was at night, was very nice.

One staff member was unpleasant towards us the entire stay. The directions to the hotel were poor. The shuttle to Venice was oferred to us only once out of our 2-night stay. The room was not cleaned during our stay. There wasn't wifi in the room as oriniginally told in the hotel description.

• 12th Oct 2015

The staff is really cold. If you arrive by train have them pick you up, but it will be €30 otherwise good luck finding the place. You're better off throwing a rock with your eyes closed and following the sound in order to find it. Wifi only works in the lobby, and the breakfast (not included) was stale, and not very fresh. I say it's in the middle of nowhere, because if you want to walk around at night it's pointless it's just houses. Stay elsewhere. Spend the extra $$ and go inside the city.