Venice Hotel Villa Dori Reviews

Via Colombara 213 Malcontenta, Riviera del Brenta, Venice, Italy

We spent half day trying to find the directions and couldn't contact the staff on the phone. We arrived some 3 or 4 hours later than expected and were send to the room which wasn't cleaned from the previous guests. Staff looked like they couldn't care less, no bar facilities, no restaurant, it was in the middle of nowhere. Half of lights didn't work, otherwise it was quite romantic. It was a real Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! :-)

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Its more of a couples hotel than a hostel. But its nice.

This felt like a couples hotel. There was a closet with karma sutra carvings in it. It really is a kinda cool unique place.

An unannounced change in shuttle vehicle from blue small minivan to large silver one neither of which have signage (it's been ripped off) left us stranded in Venice as we could not identify what vehicle to get into. Staff were uninterested and rude. Manager was supposedly on holiday and Claudia informed me that nobody was in charge. We had to get a taxi because of poor instructions on what buses to get, and just generally the whole place is ruined by uninterested staff

• 7th Jul 2014

The stayed was pretty bad. They people working there is not nice. I paid there cash and my bank was charge after two more time after I had left. I email them about and haven't got reply back yet. If anything I will try with my bank.

The hotel is not in Venice, which is why they offer the transfer for a charge. The staff wasn't welcoming at all, it felt more like we were trying to be nice with them rather than they making us feel like home. The room was very outdated, holes in the towels, unpleasant smell and some visible molds. You may be lucky to get a better room, but I wouldn't offer the hotel to anyone.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Quite good, but I reccomend to use the shuttle service they have to go from Venice Mestre/Roma Square to the hotel. You have to book it and it's only 3€ (bus costs 2,5€).

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Staff weren't very smiley at all. Tended to lounge around the reception eating ice cream. Terrible first impression, got better after that. The night time staff at reception by far the best. 'American style' breakfast consisted of fried chicken, rice and other dishes you would never class as a breakfast, would suggest buying your own things in the previous day to have your own breakfast in your room. Other than that it was good value for money. Shuttle service was ideal for getting to Venice.

• 24th Jun 2014

Villa Dori is good for those who are looking for a cheap accommodation. It's pretty hard to find for the first time, the description is not written properly and consider coming before 21:30, because after you should take a taxi and it will cost from Mestre train station around 40 euros. The best thing about the hotel is that they have a shuttle right from the hotel to Venice for 6 euros. You can take it early in the morning, and come back to hotel late at night, around 23:00.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Armenia

The hotel is an average hotel in the outskirts of Venice. They provide a shuttle into the city for 3 euro. The hotel itself has a quaint feeling. The problem here is the staff. By far the worst stay I had in Europe. They are lazy, slow, and to quote the blonde female hostess Marie/Maria "it is not my problem." The hotel is staffed with crooks and thieves that care very little about your stay. Avoid at all possible costs. OH, the driver of the shuttle is a cool guy. So there's that.

Not close to the city at all, and taking the bus was a hassle but the price was decent and the rooms were nice.

One receptionist excellent but the owners attitude indifferent to contemptuous

• 15th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was very unhelpful and unfriendly. They were also not at the desk the majority of the time. We waited 30 minutes at the desk to check out, but nobody showed up and we ended up leaving the key on the desk. Everything was an extra charge, including a van ride to the city center. We paid for the van, which was 20 minutes late. Save yourself the trouble, and pay extra for a nicer place. This hotel was expensive in the first place and definitely not worth it.

stayed in Villa Doris for 5 days. The driver Simone and the receptionist Tamara are the nicest persons I have met during my 3 weeks vacation. They helped me ease my anxiety of visiting a strange country for the first time and not knowing the language. But the owner and the other staff are not friendly at all. The main person who can speak English, who appears to be the manager, Maria, over charged me for the stay and could not provide me with the receipt when I asked for it when I checked out.

• 20th Apr 2014

I thought the Hostel very far from Venice.There was no restaurant service inside or near the hostel at the time of my arrival (about 9 pm). It was very dark, with no illumination on the streets.

there is no shuttle to venice, that is a complete lie. staff is very rude and cold. it takes about an hour to get to venice. Its also in the middle of nowhere and really hard to find. The wifi sucks and its kinda creepy

• 12th Apr 2014

No wifi in rooms, one room was not ready-cleaned at arrival at the evening, guests were very drunk, screaming and womiting at the night.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

The hotel was far from the center of Venice. Staff didn't speak English very well. No breakfast included. We had a problem with hostelworld reservation when we changed number of people, they thought we had cancelled our reservation. But we could solve the problem quite easily.

i did not go. 1. when i arrived at venice airport, i saw: the villa dori is about one hour (driving) away from venice center. i did not have this impression when i read the text about the villa dori in the internet. 2. there was a strike of busdrivers in venice at this time. i called the woman of villa dori again, who was very unfriendly. she meant: the suttle bus is broken - i shall take a taxi, which will cost about 25 euro. but it costs about 60 euro, i heard from other bus administration.