Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

Luca is awesome! Stay here and he'll make sure you get to see everything you want to see. It's a little outside of Venice but it isn't hard to get to and from the islands. One of my favorite places I've stayed.

After a week travelling (which yes, is very tiring for me) it was great to arrive here. Since the first moment I was there, Luca was very welcoming. I though it was going to be really difficult to get to Venice, but it was better that expected!! Besides, Luca gives all the information required (where to eat, where to take the bus and buy the tickets... all instructions really really clear). And the environment inside the house is great. I would totally recommend it!!!

Luca is really awesome. He went above and beyond what any other hostel owner has done for me. When I first got there and had questions about the local landmarks he actually sat me down and google mapped everything for me, and helped me identify everything. If I had any problems or issues he rushed to help without any hesitations. I was also traveling alone and he invited me out with him and his friends and considering how touristy Venice is it was nice to share an experience with the locals.

• 30th May 2014

Hey!! thank you very much Lauren! I was missing a lot a 100% review! big hugs!

Very pleasant stay. as our flight got.in at 10pm we had trouble finding accom on the island that allowed later check in and also would be quick and easy after the flight. we walked from the airport in fifteen mins or you.could get a bus. this saved us money. its easy to find, very clean and the owner is very helpful and welcoming. there are restaurants and cafes near and the bus stop to venice is 1euro 30. we stayed the one night and were then on the island. it was perfect

Luca is extremely helpful and welcoming. For the price this is a great spot to stay, easy 1/2 hour bus ride into Venice and busses run every 20ish minutes. The rooms themselves were clean though one of the bathrooms was out of order during our stay- Luca kindly offered us a discount due to the fact. This is very much a house with rooms to sleep in, not much of a hostel feel but would definetly recommend for the price and for Luca's hospitality

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! In our opinion the location is perfect. 10-15 min. walk from the airport and very easy to find. Located in a small lovely town with good restaurants, groceries, etc nearby. Easy 15 min. bus ride in to Venice. Much much easier than trying to find your hotel in Venice! The owner is awesome. Friendly, knowledgeable, very helpful. He shared his wine with us at night and hung out with him like friends. Big comfortable rooms, quiet. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you very very much, it's very beautiful having nice couples like you here! One week after you have been here a group of 4 from Winnipeg like you! Hurrah for Winnipeg! :D

It was a nice stay in Venice lagoon House. Luca is a very warm and funny person and gave me all the information I needed in Venice. It might be a bit far away from the centre of Venice but you can take the bus for free if you get the pass for the Water bus, and the food is much cheaper around the hostel.

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel. My 2 roommates were friendly. The owner Luca was very accommodating and friendly. He goes over all the public transportaion and food options info with you..all very easy to follow. To get into Venice is a 20 min bus ride with I didn't mind at all. There is a kitchen for use. Everything was tidy. I really liked my bed and slept well. I will be staying here again when I return to Venice.

Good budget option (as everything in Venice itself is pretty expensive) and the owner is very helpful and pleasant. It takes 20-30 minutes to get into Venice by bus, and the guesthouse is super close to the airport. We were going to just take a cab, but keep in mind that the minimum is 18euro - even though it is a 5 euro drive.

• 20th Apr 2014

We went during peak season so I can't comment on the value for money. Note that it's really a "house" not a hostel. The facilities were clean, the owner was nice; the location is okay--it's a ~20 minute bus ride away from Venice's main bus station, and the fare is quite cheap (1.3 euros). However, the bus station is probably a 30-minute walk away from the San Marco plaza, the main attraction in Venice I would say. Finally, we had some trouble finding this in the dark, so be warned.

I stayed there one night because my flight was early in the morning. Luca is very helpful and give you all Information you need. I recommand this hostel if you need to be closed to the Airport.

Two of my friends and I stayed with Luca for two nights. He was extremely helpful and nice. The house is located outside the city on the main land so you have to take a bus to get to the island of Venice but Luca tells you how to catch the bus and the times and it only takes 15 min to get to venice. For us it was the perfect place for our budget and I would definitely stay there again!

Luca was a great host. His house was clean, and he was very attentive. He answered all questions about transportation, food, and sightseeing. Although the location is far away - it is a nice little town to stay in.

Everything was great! Luca is extremely kind and helpful, he explains you everything you want on arrival and gives you very useful tips. I totally recommend this hostel!

Luca is a great host. He is very friendly and helpful, even when he had his arm in a cast (the poor guy)! The beds are super comfy and the kitchen is great. It's right by Marco Polo airport and only a 20min bus ride to the heart of Venice. It has a great wifi connection and is by a small grocery store and a few restaurants in case you need food. It's in a nice and quiet neighborhood. I'd stay here again if I ever return to Venice.

Very nice place, I had good time! Close to the airport, just a short walk. It has a common area with sofa, tv and a kitchen you can use. And Luca is great!

1 2 Next » last »