Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

It is around 30 minutes by bus far from the main island, but buses move regularly. Hostel is small and lovely in a a very calm and quiet region, that's why I enjoyed it, also near the hostel there is grocery, pharmacy, fast food. Helpful staff, and nice stay

nice stay and very helpfull staff

The bus into Venice takes about 40 min which is not bad, it just means you have to plan to stay out the entire day if you have a short trip, which is less than ideal. Overall I would recommend this hostel because it's incredibly clean, Luca is very helpful with explaining where you can go during the day, and there's a great

Great place! Luca was extremely hospitable) Good connection with Venice, and 10 min walk to airport.

Luca, the owner, is awesome! It's a very cozy set up in a small village outside of Venice. You can take the same bus (25 mins.) into the city and to the airport very easily. My friend and I loved our stay and met some really nice people there.

Owner of the hostel is very friendly. The place is not like hostel, it is a real home. When you stay there, you can feel like in a trip with your friends. Atmosphere and place is so good. Location is a little far from center but you can easily reach by bus 5. It is like youth hostel.

It was a pleasure to stay here. Luca is a wonderful host. He impressed me with the clear instructions, his warmth and hospitality. He has traveled a lot himself and is curious & helpful. The facilities are decent, clean (fresh sheets / clean toilet / daily floor mop), value for money. The place is safe, easily accessible from airport & main city with many travel options till midnight (it is as described on the site). I'll surely stay here again if I visit Venice again. Thank you Luca.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • India

Good place to stay, good beds and staff is amazing. Thanks for everything, Luca!

Had a good stay here with Luca. Big benefit that the hostel has a kitchen! As Eating out in Venice can dig into your budget. However hostel is a good 25 minute bus ride from Venice itself, but considering what you are paying for it, it's still great value for money for Venice standards!

Mr. Luca the owner was an absolute angel. He was very helpful and went out of his way to make the Venice Lagoon House a "home away from home". God bless him and all who enter his home.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Costa Rica

The guesthouse is located a 5 min walk from the bus stop that takes you to Venice. 1.30 euro each way I think, which isn't too expensive and the bus comes every 15 minutes which is very convenient. Luca was a wonderful host, thanks for such a great stay! Next time I'm in Venice I will be staying here!

Luca makes you feel like you're staying with a friend, not at a hostel. It is a bit of a way into Venice but those who are budget concerned this is the way to go. Four buses per hour go to and from this location to Venice!

Good location right by the airport

Although the place is not on the actual island, it is extremely easy to get to by public bus (and is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of Venice). Luca was an excellent host, always available to help out when needed. The place is clean and comfy.

The hostel is a house runned by the owner, where he has a room to which he uses like the hostel. The owner, Luca, is very nice, friendly, and gentile. He is going to help you to explain where to go in Venice and other information like buses or where to eat nearby. Is important to arrive at the hour that you stayed, because if he is not home nobody will open you. Wifi is good, there are plugs in the rooms, sheets are cleam, batroom are clean as well.

Thank you for the pos review. But you wrote some incorrect info, rooms are three and it's quite easy to notice that. There is always someone at home waiting guests, in your case you arrived in the morning instead of the evening and I've been simply buying some milk here in the village making u wating about 5 minute, or less

Luca is awesome! Stay here and he'll make sure you get to see everything you want to see. It's a little outside of Venice but it isn't hard to get to and from the islands. One of my favorite places I've stayed.

After a week travelling (which yes, is very tiring for me) it was great to arrive here. Since the first moment I was there, Luca was very welcoming. I though it was going to be really difficult to get to Venice, but it was better that expected!! Besides, Luca gives all the information required (where to eat, where to take the bus and buy the tickets... all instructions really really clear). And the environment inside the house is great. I would totally recommend it!!!

Luca is really awesome. He went above and beyond what any other hostel owner has done for me. When I first got there and had questions about the local landmarks he actually sat me down and google mapped everything for me, and helped me identify everything. If I had any problems or issues he rushed to help without any hesitations. I was also traveling alone and he invited me out with him and his friends and considering how touristy Venice is it was nice to share an experience with the locals.

• 30th May 2014

Hey!! thank you very much Lauren! I was missing a lot a 100% review! big hugs!

1 2 Next » last »