Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

Had a great stay. Luca is a nice host that gave us an excellent overview of Venice, including local tips on places to go. Located out of the main Venice area, but a very convenient bus will take you right to the centre in about 20-25 minutes for a small fare - well worth the money saved on a hostel right in Venice. House was older but relatively clean. Stayed in the double room, which was nice. Keys to lock room doors and keys for entry as well. On a budget I would stay again. Thanks Luca! :)

The host Luca is super friendly and helpful in giving me the tips to travel around in Venice. I would say Luca's house is like many other hostels, it is clean, with facilities like free wifi, a pantry, nearby supermarket, hair dryer, washing machine. What differentiates Luca's one is certainly the excellent hospitality services which would make your journey a memorable one. Highly recommend for people who would like to know more about the Italian culture.

My husband and I stayed in a private room during our stay. The hostel is more like a house, but the man who owns it is very friendly and helpful. He was in the hostel and available most of the time, but at times when he wasn't around we didn't know where to go or who to ask if we needed something. The hostel offered basic services and is a good option if you're looking for something cheap and basic for a few nights. It's about a 20 minute bus ride from the actual island, but buses are frequent.

Great place to stay, bus was really easy to catch into Venice.

5 minutes walking distance to bus station and 15 minutes to the water bus sation, you can not find any better and cheaper place to stay around this area, besides of the cleaniness and good security. I am very much enjoy of my week long stay in Venice Lagoon House.

This is a small private residence with most of the bedrooms rented to guests. it is very very convenient for Marco Polo airport; but is therefore not in Venice itself and is a 20 minute bus ride to Piazzale Roma. I guess it offers good value if you don't want to stay in Venice and pay the associated prices. Some may not appreciate the feeling of detachment though.

Very convenient location for people flying out of VCE. Ample bathrooms and toilets. Luca is very helpful and provides lots of information that is clear and easy to understand. Location is in safe neighborhood. I had a very pleasant stay.

Great place to stay if you have a late or early flight as it is a 5-10 minute walk from the airport and it is 20 minutes bus away from Piazza de Roma. Luca was very helpful with tips from a local about Venice.

Very happy we stayed here :) Luca was a very kind person who accommodated our every needs. The house was very comfortable I had a wonderful sleep. Thanks so much for your hospitality!

Maps were super helpful! Luca made awesome recommendations. If need to stay near the airport but want an easy trip into Venice this is perfect

As advertised, the Venice Lagoon House is not in the centre of Venice. However, buses are regular, cheap (Euros 1.30) and the stop is 2 minutes walk. Luca is a fantastic host. He speaks great english and is more than willing to help with any aspect of your trip. I even got to hang my washing in the fresh Venetian air (such an improvement on the machines)! Rooms are a good size and not a bunk in sight!

For three people to have a private room only about a 15 minute bus ride from Venice, this was a great price and a lovely place to stay. The owner is extremely friendly, helpful, and thorough. We enjoyed hanging out here for two nights, enjoyed the breakfast pastries at the shop by the bus stop, and a chance to drink wine and relax.

It was amazing ! Luca was very very friendly and kind and he gave all information we needed to travel Venice. He also helped us in many ways and it was very clean and location was also good close to the airport and was very convenient to go anywhere. We are very satisfied. Thank you Luca! It was pleasure to stay in your accommodation.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

It was a good place to stay at. Just wish it was free breakfast. Besides that I liked it.

Our stay at Venice Lagoon House was one of the biggest highlights of our stay in Venice. Luca allowed us to check in early and he offered us lots of tips about where to eat, the major sights to visit, and was very thorough during his explanations. He was the friendliest host we have ever had and made sure that the rooms were clean and that anything we needed was provided upon request, including towels. It was a different experience than a typical youth hostel, but I highly recommend VLH!

Bus rides really easy. Cute neighborhood.

If you want to get on a flight early in the morning this is the place to stay. Not if you want to head into Venice Island. Host was great and VERY helpful.

The hostel was good but way out of the way from everything. Not enjoyable to catch a bus all the way out there and back into the city. Friendly staff though.

The bus officially takes 18 minutes from my bus stop to Venice, everybody can check online. So usually kind of 18 minutes from Venice is considered "enjoyable". Moreover the bus run 4 times an hour until midnight and forty. It's one of the best connection to Venice cause it's the bus of the airport. But if you pretend to be 4 minutes from downtown this is not the place. On the other side I'm just 1 minutes from the airport :)) I accept all reviews though honestly your one seems too negative..

Luca is very nice guy. The location is pretty good, very close to Marco Polo airport and only a 25 min bus ride (1.30 euro) to either the island or the mainland.

Good times. Ultra convenient from the airport and on into Venice proper. Stay here.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts