Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

Luca was absolutely phenomenal. The directions he gave us to the hostel from the airport were spot on, and he was extremely helpful with transportation and things to do on the island of Venice. The location of the hostel is about 20 minutes by bus from the island, but it was not a problem at all and even helped to be away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist attractions. Super nice, super clean, super genuine, stay with Luca and the Venice Lagoon House.

• 27th Mar 2015

Basic facilities but clean, convenient location with good connection tot venice and to the airport. Great value for money. Best feature is the host who does everything he can to make you feel at home and who had lovely tips to get the most out of our city trip. Thanks Gianluca!

• 16th Mar 2015

It's a simple hostel, close to markets and restaurants. The most important is that it's close to a bus stop that takes you to Venice for only 1,30 Euro.

The owners a great guy and the beds are very comfortable. Along with those most important things the location is very good, short walk to the bus stop to venice and an easy walk to the airport. If anyone stays there and finds my iPhone charger let me know though I forgot it there!

• 9th Mar 2015

It was good. Luca waited us in front of the hostel since the location was not easy to find. We had a great night having barbecue with other travellers. great.

The location of hostel was little far from the city center but hostel was very cleasn and staff was very helpful we had a great time and the building is not exactly green it is olive green :)

place is very easy to find and close to the bus station (about 5 min walk) with easy bus access to Venice. Luca was very nice and helpful and the guesthouse was very clean. Internet though sometimes didn't work, especially during the night. Overall very nice and friendly place!

Venice Lagoon House is in a residential area. It is easy to get to the bus, and Luca gives very nice directions.

As you can tell from other reviews, this hostel is a little off the beaten path. But it is such a great find, and the host Luca was amazing. I never had any trouble getting into Venice, and he was always quick to give me advice.

Not much of a "real" hostel, it's more like a house with some rented room for others so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place. Lucca, the host, was really friendly and helpful, trying his best to help everyone that arrived there, making everybody feel like their home. He even printed me my boarding pass :D. Really close to Marco Polo airport, walking distance. Small market nearby for basic needs. And 20 min by bus to Venice, so it was well-situated. I recommend it.

Let me say that here during high season (April to October) the house is enough full and people socialize in the living room at evening. And at least twice a month I do BBQ with guests and my friends out in the garden. But if you come here in February during low low season (you didn't consider this in your review) and in the house there are just you and 3 more guests there are no many chances to socialize beside with me, you know it can happen. Luca

a unforgettable experience^_^

Luca was really kind and friendly. He can speak English well and tell you a lot of information about Venice or Europe. He helped me a lot. Pillow was thick and comfy, but shower room was so so. Room was a bit cold.

I stayed here New Year's Eve and I met really nice guy Luca there, facility of hostel was amazing and staff is really kind, he explains you everything about the city and offer nice dinner with him if you want to join, I spent great time.

Nice hostel with a lovely owner who was very helpful and welcoming and even gave us his personal restaurant recommendations. Note that this is not really a hostel but more a spare room. Location is a bit off the main island but easy to get to on the bus in only 20 mins and it's only 1E30. If he tells you the the second bathroom is out of order double check coz it's actually just the toilet and the shower still works perfectly. Would stay here again :)

Eventhough the location is far from the city center, it is very well accessible by public transport. Excellent location if you want to catch an early trip in the airport. Luca was very helpful and nice.

I spent here two nights during winter and I enjoyed it. The house is simple but clean and meets my criteria of warm room, hot strong shower and comfortable bed. It’s just 15 minutes by bus from Piazzale Roma in Venice historical center with several buses every hour until very late in the night. Luca was very nice and helpful. If in the future I’ll return in Venice I will back to this hostel for sure.

• 23rd Dec 2014