Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Really great hostel. Just one thing: Wifi-connection from our room was very bad!

The hostel was really great, I couldn't really fault it. I had a ball here really liked the set up and facilities.

The four bedroom room was wonderful. Air conditioned, very clean, private bathroom and shower. We had to book a different room our last night due to booking availability and we were put in an 8 person room. This room was however not so great. There was no ac, which is typical for hostels in Europe but this was miserable. The people in the room Would leave the door open leading to the outside street while we slept. This room was not in the hostel, but across the courtyard. Very loud.

• 23rd Jul 2015

The Good: I was lucky to be placed in a room of all solo travelers who all arrived on the same day and stayed approximately the same amount of time. If the hostel meant to do that, thank you! I definitely enjoyed my stay! The Not-so-good: The WiFi does not reach the kitchen area. The shower floor was uneven, causing water to collect and it started to smell bad after a few hours. The fridge could've been cleaned out more often as something in there also had a funky smell.

• 21st Jul 2015

Had a great time staying at the hostel, met some awesome people. The staff were friendly and accommodating, location is very good.

Great hostel, definitely great value for money. The hostel is only a few minutes to the port and two train stops from the station. The staff are really really great! (thanks for all your help Marie!!) =)

one of the best hostels i ve stayed in! excellent location, big clean rooms with 2 toiletts and breakfast included!

• 20th Jul 2015

I was a bit disappointed. Never expect an hostel like in Germany. You can just sleep there, nothing else. The kitchen is awful.

The hostel was solidly good. Kitchen facilities are good, no lock out, friendly staff, nice and clean, slightly pricey though.

pros: - Location, near Vuiex Port metro stop - Good nightlife in surrounding area - Wi-Fi access in rooms - Allows late check-in - Toilet and shower near (4 bed female dorm) cons: - Narrow staircase up to dorm room (4 bed female dorm) - Somewhat of an uphill walk to hostel This is a good hostel for people staying the night to catch train in morning, or for someone wanting be close to Marseille's nightlife.

Had an amazing time here

Very helpful n friendly staff. Great hostel!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. Clean, in a good location near the metro and the old port, good security, great facilities with a kitchen and laundry, and quite a few common rooms which made for a good atmosphere to meet other travellers. The rooms were big and tidy and clean and the bathrooms were the same. Great value for money and the staff were incredibly lovely and kind (except 1 but the other 3 were amazing) and if I go to Marseille again I would definitely stay again.

Very nice location, close to the old port. Extremely spacious room (they could have put 2~3 times more beds in the room if they want). Each room even have two independent bathrooms and you have air conditioner as well as independent plug for charging your phones on each bed. Moreover, free breakfast is provided. Definitely one of the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Definitely a must-stay hostel if you are planning on coming to Marseille. Great common area where I met some amazing people and huge rooms with two on suite showers and one toilet.

Had some train scheduling issues and needed a place to stay last minute. The staff was very welcoming, there was a kitchen with a breakfast and the rooms were very nice and air conditioned. Very close to the port which was a plus. Loved it!

One of the most expensive hostel I've stayed in, but it was worth it. I had a great time at Vertigo, great location really close to the port. The kitchen is not that well equipped and the walls not really sounds proof. However, the staff make sure there is no bounds after 11pm to accommodate everyone.

An airconditioning for our room. It was very hot and we stayed in the 8-persons room with only a small ventilator.

• 13th Jul 2015

Great hostel

I stayed for one night and it was great. The room I was in was very clean and secure.

• 11th Jul 2015