Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

just a great place! in the vieux port, housed in old building completely renewed. friendly and smiling staff. if i will be in Marseille again, i will most definitely be back.

Good location, friendly and helpful staff. There were a lot of older people staying at this hostel, so its a good place to stay if you are not looking to meet people, and if you are I recommend going somewhere else.

The hostel is very well located, clean and the staff are welcoming and always ready to help.

• 14th Aug 2014

I liked the hostel, the guy at the reception was very friendly and the location was great. The room was nice but to have a kitchen within a dorm which is shared by people who are not travelling together is not ideal, for example you want to sleep and someone is cooking dinner... No lockers in the bedroom and the place was not very clean. Breakfast could have more variety, for instance, fruit or yogurts...

Clean, friendly staff, close to the port. None bad thing about hostel.

One of the best hostels I've ever seen!!

• 11th Aug 2014

I asked for early breakfast and wished I hadn't. The reception guy wouldn't let me turn any lights on and I hate to eat I. The dark and was really grumpy after I found hi. Sleeping in the common area! It was really horrible. Everything was super clean and facilities were great! Just need an attitude change.

• 11th Aug 2014

Close to the main attractions, pleasant staff, big rooms, cleaned daily. Good lockers in rooms - one each. Breakfast was expected: cereal, juice, coffee and baguettes. Laundry - 4/5 euro a load. Very good place, would stay there again. Good vibe - met a few people and there were places to hang out together.

Very comfortable beds in very clean and comfortable air conditioned rooms. Very helpful receptionist with lots of info about where to see. I'd recommend to anyone. Only thing is: there are lockers but you need your own lock

The hostel is very clean because we were there when staff was cleaning the room and she did it thoroughly. But the steak we bought and put in the fridge in our room( it's a ensuite) got missing, a bit annoying. Another thing is people were talking very loudly the day we arrived very late and tried to sleep.

you have to prepare a lock yourself and the towel is one euro. There three small cabinets without lock but we are 4 people in the room. And...um, nothing more. the room is pretty clean.

Needs to walk a bit up hill. Staffs quite willing to help. Laundering a bit expensive (but still the normal hostel price). Still a good place to stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel and I would go back for sure. The only complaint I would say was about the pillow which was very bad, but apart from that everything was great. I would recommend it. Bring your own padlock, for the small locker in the room.

Really friendly staff! we drove there and were able to find parking near the hostel!

The buildings were quite charming and it had a friendliness about it.

Instead of a mixed dorm bed room we got an seperate room for our own (2 people). Room, bathroom and kitchen were very clean. Plus the staff was very helpful. Great location! Breakfast could be better, but is solid. Non-party atmosphere. Good hostel-would totally recommend it to others!

Comfy bed, close to main city centre, clean facilities, breakfast provided which was handy however try and get in early as people would take 1-2 full baguettes each and save them for others or take them for the day, milk was long life milk and mostly served at room temperature which didn't taste too good on cereal, good kitchen facilities with the basics, bins cleaned in room daily, nice staff with good tourist advise, lots of areas to spent time alone or with others! Internet was not the best!

The location was just perfect and the staff was really friendly and helpful! Specially thanks to Sebastian and to the other boy from the reception for his really helpful information about places to see in Marseille. Definitely propose it to friends!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

Had a great stay here! For a hostel in Marseille I don't think you can do any better. Awesome location close to the port. Good security--large lockers and front desk must buzz you in. Good breakfast and good wifi! Would recommend and would probably stay at again.

Staff was excellent and helpful for getting around town. The kitchen was a little small, but otherwise, great place to stay! Definitely not a party hostel, so if that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere.

• 1st Aug 2014