Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Very well located, as far as all the attractions by Old Marseille and the Port. Great vantage point for starting the walking tours by the tourism maps. Grocery stores and restaurants all close by. Very close to the boat launch for Chateau D'If. Rooms are spacious and common area is comfortable. I would recommend this place, value for the money is there.

Very nice hostel, perfect location, good staff

Close to the port and many great restaurants nearby. But the streets nearby are very dirty and the hostel itself is not very clean. It is old and stuffy.

It is everything I have asked for. Really big rooms with reasonably cheap price along with perfect location.The only shortcoming is that it was a little bit cold when I stayed there, maybe the warming facility in my room was not working perfectly. But I do find some extra towels in the room so there was not much problem. .

• 11th Dec 2014
  • China

the Vertigo contains everything an ideal hostel can have; breakfast, free wifi, a toilette in the room... if they can add a storage with locks, it would be better. the personnel is very friendly. the location is fine,not too hard to find, but i had some difficutly in finding the entry,,,all in all, i had a great time there, thank you!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • China

Very spacious rooms, enough room to do some yoga!

Good Hostel, clean and very well positioned, walking distance from the Old Port and 15 minutes from Notre Dame de la Garde. Staff very helpful, it was missing a bit that "social" atmosphere which you expect to find in an Hostel. Recommended though!

This hostel was one of the nicest ones I've stayed at while traveling Europe. It has a kitchen to cook meals, free breakfast (cereal and bread) and very central to the harbour and other main attractions. The staff were very accommodating to my friend and I because we arrived before check-in. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I met an excellent staff, flexible, nice, serviable. I enjoyed the installation of the hostel in the ancient store building. The rooms are all right, confortable in space, but with thin walls inbetween (one can hear the others talking). I only missed small things like hooks for coats, something to put the soap on in the shower, etc. The rooms are air conditionned what is not mine in winter. The breakfast is all right (bred, butter, jam at muesli).

excellent location, clean, quiet, friendly staff. No remarks. Everything was o.k. Next time in Marseille I'stay there again.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Macedonia

Absolutely great location! Close to almost all points or interest, supermarkets and restaurants within crawling distance and a 5 minute walk from the metro. In terms of the facilities itself, there were no issues other than only having one stove. Common areas were large and functional. My only qualm was that the hostel did not seem to cater much to socialising given that no group activities were organised.

Nice hostel. Great staff and friendly atmosphere. Not much more to ask for

We had a very nice stay at the vertigo hostel. It's located in a very nice old building; the restauration was very sucessfull !! the staff was very friendly and helpfull. from my point of view it will be nice to improve the equipment of the kitchen: for exemple, to buy a new pan and a pot more for people who like cooking and not just using the microwave. The locking system of the doors is also very noisy but nobody or nothing is perfect !!

• 25th Nov 2014

I stayed in a four person room, it was very spacious compared to many places I've been to. The common room and kitchen were very nice and comfortable, however each kitchen only has one hot plate which makes cooking kind of a challenge.

Location is a short walk from Vieux Port. But if you are dragging a heavy luggage beware. You have to go uphill and the pedestrian walkway is very narrow. Hostel has a nice area to rest and chill out. I stayed in another building where the 8 bed mixed room is. No locker provided. Good thing is ensuite toilet/bath. Somehow the heater was off about 8pm at night.

Hi, The heater is NEVER off, but if 7 people take a shower one after the other, the heater needs to heat the water again and it takes about one hour! Sorry you didn't have hote water, next time, just wait a bit and try again! ;) Regards, Remy

We were very happy with the staff. They were very helpful and kind.

Super friendly and helpful staff. The room along with the common area and kitchen are really spacious. Definitely stay here again on my next visit to Marseille!

It is a nice place but the prices vary so much from one date to another! it is very expensive for a city like Marseille, the prices equal or overweigh hostels in a capital city!

• 17th Nov 2014

Prices vary so much because we offer BIG discounts during the winter season! You paid 12€ for this night, how can it be too expensive? Do you think this is a price you'll pay in Paris? Believe me, it is not!

Booking was easy and clever, location superb, and easy to find. Staff was allright, and room was very spacious with 3 out of 5 beds occupied. breakfast was free, but only served from 08.00, which was a pity because i had to leave around 7.

• 17th Nov 2014

The room is very clean and spacious. The staff is very nice. When we arrived at marseille, we did not have much cash at hand. The stuff helped us figure out whether there is Deutsche Bank nearby or not. Besides, even though we have checked out in the morning, we could still leave our luggage at the hostel till afternoon.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7