Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Uncomplicated, straight forward one night stay. Received good directions to reach the hostel, easy check-in, nice bathrooms and great breakfast. Strange side note, I only met French people (domestic travelers) there.

We arrived early morning after an overnight bus ride. They were very accommodating and let us check in early. The room was very clean and spacious, comfortable beds and lockers. The common area was large with a fridge, full kitchen and cooking supplies. Great breakfast every morning. 5 minute walk to the port! Staff were very helpful and friendly however, hostel does not offer organized walking tours/pub crawls. Would recommend to stay here!! Was wonderful!

Not a good place for meeting people. Simple breakfast of cereal and bread was okay.

Breakfast is so-so but it's included so that's always a plus. Location is really great for the price. Excellent environment, went with a friend and we still met lots of people! No soap in the bathrooms but our 6-person room had two bathrooms ensuite which was nice. Beds are comfortable. Staff gave good recommendations. Lockers are not very secure and could easily be accessed even with a lock. Cool layout. Overall I'd recommend this hostel!

Good location. The place I was in was actually in a separate building and it was not clean.

This was quite a nice hostel. It has a good location and the staff were all really helpful. They had a good communal area. Everything was kept very clean and the room that we were in was quite big. I enjoyed my stay here.

The shower didn't really get hot, that was bad.

• 6th Jan 2016

Fantastic location, very basic room

Good and cheap Hostel near the Port vieux of Marseille. Near metro and buses.

Nice hostel with very spacious rooms. Staff were super helpful and free breakfast was a plus. Only issue was that the WiFi was really spotty; it only worked in very specific locations and sometimes not at all.

very nice place, all that you want in a hostel! Only thing was that the warm water was not so warm in my room...

You can hear every single word and noise through the thin walls, also the bunk beds are so shaky and squeaky that you cannot get in or up there without waking up the whole room. I was especially unhappy with the bathroom. The water pressure and amount in the shower was quite miserable. Also on my first day I didn't get a towel anymore. (I arrived in the evening around 8, but come on..) When someone carelessly left the toilet door open, the main door wouldn't open anymore..

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Austria

Everything from the location to the friendly staff was very good. I loved the hostel's atmosphere and its decoration, nevertheless i guess that a few more options on breakfast wouldn't be bad

This hostel is okay, rooms are big and the toilet/showers have plenty of space. Lockers in the room and a basic breakfast. It is what you expect for a good hostel.

Awesome place, really relaxed, ideal location. I spent Christmas and Christmas eve there and loved it, made friends right away.

Overall good, I would stay again. The room and common areas were clean, location very handy and staff were generally very helpful. There was one notable exception when my girlfriend and I were told off for opening the front door without buzzing in, which we weren't told was the procedure, which was a bit embarrassing. I asked why there wasn't a sign and was told that he had once put a similar sign up on another door but noone had paid any attention to it. What a clown! but on the whole good :)

• 26th Dec 2015

I had a wonderful stay there! Vertigo: twelve points from Germany...

• 26th Dec 2015

Really nice hostel, very clean. I was there during a very slow time, so maybe it's different during the busy season, but there wasn't much comraderie with the other people staying there. There's not a good lounge for people gather. I'd still recommend it in Marseille, the location is perfect right near everything, and the rooms are nice.

One of my favorite youth hostel I've ever been!

Enjoyed my stay very much. All staff are very friendly. Thank you. See you again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7