Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Good wifi, good breakfast, lots of space in the rooms, great location.

Yes. Everything was okay and the staff was nice but I really didnt like the atmosphere. It has a gloomy feeling to it.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice hostel in a really good location, I would recommend it for sure!

This hostel is really clean and the breakfast was pretty good too. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. They clean the rooms everyday and there are small lockers in the rooms so you can safely store your valuables. Comfy common area

Great location, big dorm rooms and a friendly atmosphere.

Only stayed here for overnight but front desk staff guy was super informative in telling me where I should go visit if I only have one night in town. Had lockers and clean bathrooms, and supplied breakfast which I didn't get to eat or check out. They don't do any group tours though or pub crawls at night, they should think about having something like that for hostel community vibe.

sick hostel! very cooperative vibe and very central. wifi doesnt work in the rooms in building B, but whatever!

A really pleasant hostel very clean and a great atmosphere

Stayed room #4 and it was great & warm. You can hear some noise but nothing major. Breakfast was just ok...wish there had been at least a toaster there or juice.

• 31st Dec 2014

Hi Charline, We are happy to know that you enjoyed your room. For what regards breakfast, the toaster fell and was broken so we had to buy a new one. As for juice, it is part of breakfast, if you were missing some, you should have told us and we would have put more. Sometimes everything gets eaten pretty fast and we can't keep up... Thank you for this comment! Remy

My second time here, just for one night. Again, I can say that this hostel is good. It's clean and with a really big kitchen and living room. Unfortunately, when I asked for a towel they told me that didn't have it neither for free neither for rental. It's a minor service that will make all happy, it's sad because the first time they rented me one. Sounds it's was just an unfriendly decision of the staff on the 31th of December at night.

Hi Ariel! No it is not an unfriendly decision of the staff. We do have a few towels to rent for emergency cases! The problem is, if too many people show up with their towels we can run out of them! I think it was just this, the hostel was full and too many people came to ask them... Sorry it happened. Regards,

The internet worked fine and the breakfast was a pretty standard French breakfast. I liked that it was clean and the staff was helpful. A downside was that if people talk loud in the hallway you can hear it in the room.

The hostel is really worth it . The room is clean and comfortable and the standard of the facilities is above average. The location is excellent as it is located at the popular port. However, it is a bit strange to have no water sink in the toilet but only in the shower room in en suite rooms.

No wifi in 8-bed dorm- a real bummer since the rest of the dorm is great. Staff friendly. Close to port, major dining district, and 2 stops from train station by metro.

The guy at the front desk was really awesome and helped me out a lot. The room was nice and clean and I had great roommates. I have no complaints.

amazing hostel !!! top the best hostel I ever been ;)

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Algeria

Best two days I spent here. Not just because of hostel, but because of hostel mates i met that evening. Best thing about this hostel is a very big common room, where you can meet new people and spend next few hours like best friends. Staff is really nice. Location is good, though not city center but near to the ferry boat that goes to Chateau.

Very well located, as far as all the attractions by Old Marseille and the Port. Great vantage point for starting the walking tours by the tourism maps. Grocery stores and restaurants all close by. Very close to the boat launch for Chateau D'If. Rooms are spacious and common area is comfortable. I would recommend this place, value for the money is there.

Great large dorm rooms. Good wifi coverage. Beds not allocated to first in best dressed scenario. However cleaners find it difficult to know if people have departed or not so twice we had to tell the reception that our beds we not ready as they kept making beds that people were already staying in. Difficult to find ATM's. Good atmosphere. Adequate kitchen. Breakfast served a little late.

Very nice hostel, perfect location, good staff

Close to the port and many great restaurants nearby. But the streets nearby are very dirty and the hostel itself is not very clean. It is old and stuffy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7