Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

I really enjoyed to stay at this hostel in a room for 4, which is is spacious, luminous and it has enough sockets. Included breakfast is simple but good, the location next to the Vieux Port is excellent, it has a nice ambience, good WiFi, staff is kind and cleanliness is very good. If I come back to Marseilla, I would repeat!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Really enjoyed this hostel, facilities and staff were fantastic but the building being split into three different buildings makes it more difficult to meet new people - although my room-mates were fantastic :)

Great apartment type room that we stayed in (8 bed). Great facilities, to go with it. Enjoyed my time here.

Great hostel, really! The room I was in was clean, comfortable and had its own clean bathroom. The staff was friendly. I had a very nice few days there!

• 15th Aug 2015

Liked this hostel a lot. Will be back. Friendly staff. Location great - close to harbour, on a side street, so a quiet place to sleep and hang out. Comfy beds and plenty of space (in the room I had, at least). Key cards to dorms and individual lockers (had to supply my own padlock) make for good security in the rooms, but I was less confident about security in common parts where easy, unchallenged access seems possible: got - mildly - sexually harassed by a non-resident in lobby one night.

• 14th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay and felt comfortable at all times. The rooms were clean and it never got too warm even in August. One of the best places I have ever stayed in.

• 12th Aug 2015

Fantastic private room. Great vibes and very helpful staff. Kitchen was good-need bigger fridges!

• 12th Aug 2015

For me it was refreshing to come here. Clean, comfortable, organized and very good if you want to meet people. Beds are clean and suuuuper comfy and the room has enough space for everybody. Good wifi also. Totally recommended. Do not hesitate.

Very good location. Lovely spacious bedroom. Breakfast too basic.

• 9th Aug 2015

Great location - right by Vieux Port and within walking distance of the old town and loads of bars and places to eat. The room was the biggest hostel room I've stayed in - so much space and comfy beds. We did have a few problems with plug sockets not working though and the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner, but not bad at all. Free breakfast is plentiful and there's a couple of nice common areas. Staff are happy to help. Thank you!

Great hostel! Good ambiance, social but not cramped, facilities, in beSt part of town etc tx etc had lots of fun here Thank you!!

This hostel was pretty but as I had a suitcase with me, it was not worth the uphill walk. There was no elevator either and lots of stairs. The place was nice overall.

The good: the location and a few of the staff members are helpful. The bad: everything else. The dorm room has no a/c only 2 small fans on the floor so the room is sweltering. There are only 2-3 electrical outlets in an 8 person room. Anything you leave on your bed will get tossed. I lost travel documents, a t-shirt and a towel..and the bed. Beds are not assigned so each night you have to come in and find which one is free. No real common area to speak of. Very disappointing hostel.

staff always made it feel like you were bothering them. super close to the port, metro, shopping, and awesome bars. we did have 2 bathrooms in our room for 5 girls which rocked. not really any atmosphere but made friends with the girls in my room at least.

Beautiful clean hostel with great staff, location and good breakfast! Would recommend.

This is a first rate hostel; relaxed yet professional, well maintained yet unfussy, in a great location and a lovely set of building. Rooms are uncluttered, super clean and spacious.

• 6th Aug 2015

Really nice dorm rooms and very spacious and clean. The girls at reception really weren't much help, we always waited for the Canadian guy at night for suggestions because they kept leading Us in the wrong direction and didn't know much about the city at all. The common area wasn't great for socializing but had everything you needed. Good location at the port as well

Hostel is in an awesome location in the port of Marseille. 1 block away from the port Boardwalk with many reataurants and stores. Short metro ride from the main station St Charles and a short walk to the hostel from metro station. 15-20 min walk to the beach and a hilly 15-20 mins to Norte dam. Cute facilities, rooms clean, bed comfortable, outlet at every bed. No AC, very hot and loud at night as the windows had to be left open. Overall would recommend.

Hi danielle, There is an AC in every room at hotel Vertigo. Some people don't stand it and ask for it to be turned off. You just needed to come down at reception and we would have turned it back on... Hope you had a great stay despite this inconvenience.

I found most of the staff here really helpful and provided tips and suggestions on where to visit and how to get there. One of the girls even tried to help me call and email a dive group as I was not able to get hold of them. Laundry facilities was a little lacking compared to some of the bigger hostels ive stayed at. Location isnt too bad, a bit of a walk from the metro if you have luggage. Kitchen was ok, free breakie wasn't bad.

Great hostel, amazing rooms but staff wasn't too helpful with things to do around Marseille or where things were.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7