Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

There are no activities to involve people at the hostel to encourage people meeting others. All the other hostels I have stayed in, these activities really help for solo travellers and was a real disappointment

• 3rd Jul 2015

The people there were awesome. It was a great mix of ages and cultures. The staff speaks English very well which was very helpful. They also have great suggestions for what to do. This is also a very clean hostel which is amazing. Having a safe in your room that is big enough helps with safety, and there is a bathroom in the room that is nice and only shared with up to 6 people.

in room wifi a little spotty, staff efficient but less friendly

Only stayed here one night due to a train delay but wished wewe could have stayed longer. Friendly staff and great facilities.

I had a great stay right in the centre of Marseille!

The staff were super friendly and helpful and the location was awesome for wandering around the harbour. Only downside was the rooms were super warm all the time!

The hostel is well located and room was clean,but many things to improve.No Wifi in the room,even at reception(I spent more than an hour to get an angry connection).Staff only showed my room,nothing else.In the shower the drain was clugged and no dangler so have to hold the tap with one hand.Last day I arrived late and another person was in my bed,so have to sleep in another bed with dirty linen.Atmosphere is depresing and no good common areas to meet another people.NO GOOD AT ALL

Very clean, large rooms. Great location - easy walking distance from the beach, port, old town, metro stop, and Notre Dame de la Gare. Large kitchen and common area.

Really well priced, well located and fun hostel with super friendly staff! Highly recommended.

In term of security do bring your padlock as they do not sell any, otherwise the are seemed secure. The staff is 50/50 the Italian dude was awesome to us and with plenty of recommendation thank you for that. All the other I just wonder if they were familia with Marseille and its surrounding (ie not knowing where to catch the coach to cassis or even where to change money). I hope if I do go back next time the staff will have more knowledge on basic touristy stuff!

I had a short but amazing stay at this hostel! Staff is always there to help and is also very friendly. The room I was staying in was big and had two bathrooms so it was comfortable. The location is perfect! There are kitchens to cook your own food, but also where they serve a free breakfast. I would maybe recommend some music in the common areas to add some ambiance, or some activities to mix people together, but that's a plus. Everything is good overall! Would definetly recommend! Merci!

Excellent location, proximity of public transport provides easy access to walks. The clean room, with well maintained facilities, the clerk was pleasant and polite. No downside. Just all good. I recommend.

The staff was very kind and helpf us with many usefull information, the room as big and very clean, there is a nice breakfast and the localization is very good too! Close to many stores, restaurants, supermarket and the port.

Good hostel! Right next to the port , and easy to find. Didn't interact with staff much but they were nice. Basic bread, jam and coffee for breakfast. Wifi was spotty in the room. Made some good friends there, they have 3 buildings with one shared common room that helps to meet people.

Great hostel, very social and fun and in a great location. Staff were really lovely and helpful too. Only drawback was the poor wifi.

This hostel is not anything more than a place to sleep. It has bad wifi reception, is pretty dark and depressing inside, and is lacking in a fun atmosphere. I was not shown to my room at check in and was told to take the empty bed. Later, it turned out someone was already sleeping there (awkward) and the bed I had to take still had dirty sheets on it. The man working handed me one sheet (no pillowcase or bottom sheet) and basically told me to figure it out myself. I wouldn't stay here again.

We are very sorry for the way this situation was handled. The receptionnist was noticed he handled the situation poorly and it will not happen again Again, we are sorry

I can't say enough about the wonderful stay I had here! From staff to the room , the location , the cleanliness , the wifi it as all so amazing a 5 star hostel for sure ! Thank you for la of your attention !

Good location, clean and room is large.

Staff was very helpful suggesting activities in and near Marseille. We had a great time.

Tahnk you for your great review. All the best

Location is good, room is big but a bit separated from the main building

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7