8.7
Fabulous 4,820 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 4,820 Total Reviews
Vertigo Vieux-Port Located at 38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, , Marseille.
France
Marseille 13007 38 Rue Fort Notre Dame
87% 4820
43.2913417 5.3717994
    Rooms available

17th Sep 2016

This hostel was great for me. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. My one complaint would be that the ladders to the top bunks are VERY uncomfortable to climb up barefoot/in socks. They are slim metal bars that can cut into your feet. After experiencing pain the first couple times, I wore flip-flops and kept them at the end of the bed. I think the experience would be much improved with different ladders.

12th Sep 2016

I only stayed one night in Marseille, but this hostel was a great place to lay my head. It was exceptionally clean and my room had its own bathroom and shower. It's centrally located in a safe area near the port and I would recommend it to people traveling to Marseille. The staff made delicious crepes for us for breakfast, and answered all of our questions about the city.

8th Sep 2016

Place is great it only lacked proper air conditioning and individual lighting for beds at night. I needed to use my phone to walk around the room and get to bed.

8th Sep 2016

Enjoyed this hostel, very centrally located. There is a nice communal area downstairs but didn't see a lot of people using it. Was clean,staff was very helpful, and rooms were spacious. They do not rent locks, but do have storage, so if you want to lock your things up, bring one with you.

• LipeLincoln
  • Brazil, Male, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

I enjoyed my time on the hostel !! Nice staff and atmosphere. I only have one complain and is not about the hostel or the staff, is only about guests. But that's not hostel responsibility. Sometimes we need to deal with that. Great place to stay on this beautiful and amazing city ! I will always indicate for people that I know. Thanks Vertigo !! Hope to see you soon.

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Sep 2016
7.1

The dorms were super cosy and rustic... The hostel in general nice and quite basic... However I wouldn't recommend Marseille It didn't feel very safe and there were constantly shady characters lurking around

• Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016

great location, free breakfast included, each room has its toilet and bathroom, clean and tidy

• England, Male, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016
8.0

Great location close to the port, the rooms were spacious, bright and clean. The staff, especially the American girl on front desk were wonderful and helped with my everyone one of my many questions. My only observation is that there isn't a whole lot of atmosphere. I'd move the couches into the main dining area and the tables and chairs into the two smaller rooms so people mix a little easier, this is the only thing lacking at the hostel.

28th Aug 2016

Good hostel to stay in marseille. A little bit expensive compared to other hostels, but it was good. The staff could be more clear about the existence of the B building, which has a better kitchen.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
28th Aug 2016
7.7

I was in a 4 bed female dorm which was very spacious and nice, but other rooms are rather small. The hostel has a nice kitchen with a basic supply of equipment and a friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean and have seperate bath rooms which is very convenient. The breakfast is very basic