Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Excellent hostel - warmly recommended for a stay in Marseille

Nice place!! Good location!

• 9th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We had a private room with an ensuite, which was nice, though the staff did not seem to restock anything like toilet paper and there was no hand soap. Breakfast was the usual hostel fare, and there was enough and enough room for everyone. Can't beat the location, really. Only other thing was the wifi was really spotty and temperamental

Close to old port. My room and toilet was claen. There are three omputer for Internet, a kitchen and breakfast is included.

Hey! Glad you had a good stay with us. regards, Remy

This was my first experience in a hostel. My friend and I stayed in a room with two other girls. We had our own bathroom which was nice. Our roommates were friendly. Everything went well overall. The people at the front desk were helpful in showing us where to go on a map. The hostel is so close to the port! It is a great location for tourists.

• 4th Apr 2014

Dear guest! We're happy to know that you had a good time here in marseille. See you next time!

Pros: Really stylish room design with helpful crew, 24 hrs reception desk, free city map and useful tour suggestion, shared kitchen, fresh typical french bread in the early morning, nice weather during my stay, near Notre Damn and old port. Cons: Room key easily eliminates its magnetism, 30min by foot from train station.

Hi! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, our keys get deactivated from time to time, sometimes it is just cause they get to close to a cellphone. regards, remy

The staff was really lovely and care about us ,thanks see u nextholidays.

• 30th Mar 2014

Hello! Thank you for your comment! Yes it is important to us that everybody has an amazing time in Marseille!

This hostel is generally great- the breakfast is delicious (albeit not plentiful; the bread always runs out), the rooms are large, there's a kitchen to cook in, and the location is fantastic. However, the blankets are covered with hair and obviously haven't been washed, and I was bitten by bed bugs. To be fair, the staff were fantastic about it, but they did say it "happens all the time" which is concerning. BYO fitted sheet and you might be ok though. What a shame! Otherwise a great stay.

Hello! Again we are sorry for the bed bugs. We did move you as soon as you came to warn us and washed all your clothes though! I think there was a little misunderstanding, I didn't say "it happens all the time" since we have no power over people bringing them to our place. I did say that "EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, we take great care of doing what is necessary to eliminate them! Thank you again for your stay and hopefully you still enjoyed our beautiful city!

Great location, basic breakfast, staff helpful with suggestions, the place felt new and clean Two bathrooms with showers in the room were amazing.

good, clean, friendly hostel.

Hello! Thank you for your review! It is good to know that you enjoyed staying with us. See you next time!

Unless you absolutely need to be close to the train station, don't go to their twin hostel at Saint Charles. This one smells better, and includes breakfast. The other is a fraud.

I really enjoyed the stay in the four persons room. The bath was clean: The shower has a comfortable size. The staff at the reception is very friendly. The interior was nice. I like the breakfast. :)

Hello, Thank you for your nice comment! We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The staff was very nice and always helpful. The breakfast is basic but enough, although the milk should be in the fridge from my opinion. We enjoyed our stay at this hostel!

Hey! Thank you for your nice review! I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. For what regards milk, we used to put it in the fridge, but people wouldn't put it back after using it anyway. But we open new bottles everyday. See you soon!

The staff is unfriendly that makes us feel terrible. They don't have lock for baggage. Only bring by yourself . The staff doesnt have any patience for our questions and the communication environment is bad . This is the worst hotel I've ever lived. After two days ,We changed to another hotel . Totally different . Good environment , friendly staff and good location. Make us trip Very nice ! For this ,I recommend you to choose a better one.

Always again!

Thanks man! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! See you soon!

Thank you for this opportunity to provide feedback, I found the hostel to be excellent in all areas, I would particularly like to mention the young woman Serine who provided the best local information and travel arrangement support I have received in any hostel, and her English was excellent, gave me great help in getting around the city and organising further travel. Serine manages the reception of all guests and is brilliant as an ambassador for her city.

Hey, Thank you for your great review! I'm going to transfer it to Serine. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully you'll choose to come back some time in the future. Vertigo Team

Fantastic location - helpful staff - sparkley clean rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast was wonderful - cereal, muesli, fresh baguettes, jam, coffee. Great wi-fi can be accessed anywhere in the hostel. Rooms in the main building are best - quiet. Avoid the rooms in the annex - they are very noisy because some windows are on a busy side street (horns honking up to 4am). Rate is a bit expensive -- best to book your whole stay via hostelworld because the rack rate is much more expensive.

good for the prize you pay. good wifi, amazing breakfast, perfect staff, maybe too noisy. also clean. highly recommended.

Hello! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Best regards Vertigo Team

Nice to have beds instead of bunks for a change! I also appreciated the cheap laundry facilities.

This hostel was great! Right near the metro stop, shopping and restaurants. Close to all monuments and other tourist attractions as well. It was perfect for making your own meals and staying in, or going out all day. I would definately come back, and or recommend it to others! :)

• 25th Feb 2014

Hey, Thank you for this great comment. We are happy to know that you had a great stay here. Regards, Vertigo team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4