Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Vertigo Vieux-Port was a nice small hostel. It was clean but a bit shabby. It was easy to find and near to Notre Dame and the harbour, which was very nice. But it took a bit of walking from the metro and we had to take the metro from the railway station. Breakfast was free, pretty limited with baguette and cereals but anyway it was nice to have some breakfast. It was nice to have a kitchen but there were also lots of restaurants near by. Very friendly staff!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Really a good place to stay in Marseille.

Decent hostel. Not many complaints, however the toilet and bathroom smelt a lot in our 5 bed dorm (although they were clean) and the air con had no remote. The included breakfast was very good (baguettes w jam and cerial). Location was great. Less than 5 mins walk from Viex Port. Overall solid hostel.

it will be better if the kitchen has more common things for cooking. such as knives, spoons, oil, salt, etc.

Having guests clean their breakfast cups and cutlery means you can't guarantee proper levels of cleanliness. Is this even legal in a public guesthouse?

• 17th Aug 2014

My only complaint is one of the workers was pretty rude, an insulted my nationality in French (since he knew I wouldn't understand) which was unwarranted. But all the other staff was very nice and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful and in an amazing location. I highly recommend it :) plus free breakfast!

The hostel was OK. My sister and I stayed in a private room. She didn't sled because of a mosquito but apart from that we had a laugh. The room was basic but nice. The location is great. I would personally not go back to Marseille ever because it's a massive ghetto but if I were to go back I would consider staying there again.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

just a great place! in the vieux port, housed in old building completely renewed. friendly and smiling staff. if i will be in Marseille again, i will most definitely be back.

I booked 3 nights at the hostel (it was a brilliant stay) but unfortunately i had to move bedrooms each night. I know i made a late booking but the majority of people I encountered had the same issue. The staff did not seem to have common sense in rearranging the rooms on the system. I was also asked for my passport 3 times despite being the same staff member. Just seemed like a waste of their time. Despite this, I would recommend the place.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very clean as far as hostels go. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are a decent size with comfortable beds. Breakfasts included-bonus!

• 15th Aug 2014

Good location, friendly and helpful staff. There were a lot of older people staying at this hostel, so its a good place to stay if you are not looking to meet people, and if you are I recommend going somewhere else.

The hostel is very well located, clean and the staff are welcoming and always ready to help.

• 14th Aug 2014

I liked the hostel, the guy at the reception was very friendly and the location was great. The room was nice but to have a kitchen within a dorm which is shared by people who are not travelling together is not ideal, for example you want to sleep and someone is cooking dinner... No lockers in the bedroom and the place was not very clean. Breakfast could have more variety, for instance, fruit or yogurts...

Clean, friendly staff, close to the port. None bad thing about hostel.

everything a backpacker needs was there. just got this rude guy sometimes at night.

Superb staff, very helpful on reception, told us about great places to visit and nice beaches. Rooms were clean, tidy and very spacious. Would definitely stay again.

One of the best hostels I've ever seen!!

• 11th Aug 2014

I asked for early breakfast and wished I hadn't. The reception guy wouldn't let me turn any lights on and I hate to eat I. The dark and was really grumpy after I found hi. Sleeping in the common area! It was really horrible. Everything was super clean and facilities were great! Just need an attitude change.

Close to the main attractions, pleasant staff, big rooms, cleaned daily. Good lockers in rooms - one each. Breakfast was expected: cereal, juice, coffee and baguettes. Laundry - 4/5 euro a load. Very good place, would stay there again. Good vibe - met a few people and there were places to hang out together.

I had a bit if trouble locating this place - but with some help from some friendly locals I found my way! Staff was very friendly and helpful and I was thrilled to be able to leave my luggage in premises until late in the day of my check out and wander without them. Room was great, I booked a 6 bed dorm and ended up in a 4 bed! Breakfast was excellent - you can't go wrong with coffee and baguette! Facilities were comfy and clean. There are a lot of stairs so not for people with mobility issues!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7