Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Very nice place. Unfortunately there are not really enough bathrooms (I had just one toilet and one shower for four people, which was insufficient at times). And on the last day there was a big school group there that ate all the breakfast offerings before I could have any (very frustrating). Other than that, though, great spot. Very convenient location.

Great wifi in building A. Loved the loft 4 bed rooms. Wish check out was later, but good luggage storage facilities. Horrible water pressure in the showers though.. Maybe the shower heads should be changed? Very helpful staff and okay breakfast

• 19th Sep 2014

Very good hostel! And anybody who's unsure Marseille is certainly worth the visit and is much much safer then what you've heard! Loved Marseille!

Everything the hostel was nice, well decorated, very clean, the staff was helpful and nice. I will definitely come back

• 17th Sep 2014

good breakfast, beds were squeaking

This hostel completely did not live up to what we expected. Our room was away from the main building(s) and despite claiming to have wifi and lockers available for its guests, we were informed that our room was the ONLY one to have neither of these facilities. We found this extremely disappointing, especially considering that this hostel was the most expensive one we stayed at during our entire 2 week holiday travelling in the south of France/Barcelona. I would not stay here again.

• 15th Sep 2014

Great location, really clean facilities and safe location. Would definitely stay here again as a solo female traveler. Only minor downfall is the WiFi, which I could not access from my room (connection was to weak).

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Not much more you can ask for from a hostel. Little more expensive then other places I've stayed in Europe, but good value for money.. Really close to metro station, and around the Port is beautiful, close to beach and shopping. Amazing bagel place around the corner :) Only negative, the shower had a little unpleasant smell in the morning, maybe stale water in pipes...? Nothing major, would 100% stat here again!!

The staff wasnt helpfull and the room was less than a cage. 30 euro per night is too much for a kind of simple accomodation like that.

• 13th Sep 2014

Awesome hostel!! Great Atmosphere, really clean rooms, nice continental breakfast with fresh baguettes! Best to get the Metro from Gare St. Charles to Vieux Port and walk to the hostel from there, as the metro only costs about 2 euros.

Very good location, only an unfriendly neighbour who likes to trow eggs at night could spoil the fun.

Clean and tidy 2 bed shared room in building b, with good shower and bed. Thank you.

Nice facilities, good location. Helpful staff. Rooms are clean and spacious!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was just ok, but it was free so no complaints. It was very close to the port and only took a few minutes to walk into the the nightlife area. One of the better hostels I have stayed at before.

Overall pretty good place to stay, breakfast is included. Walking distance to vieux port station, shops and restaurants. Beware of mosquitoes if you're prone to bites

I was lucky enough to stay in one of their attic rooms in building A. So atmospheric! And the kitchen was so bright and inviting we loved hanging out there in the mornings and having breakfast together as well as spending time cooking in the evenings. Very homey!

Hi ! You have no idea how much we are happy to know that you had such a good time with us. Regards Remy

Pro: Good place to meet people and a nice location. Con: Due to neighbours you must be very quiet after 10. One person got curry sauce thrown at them by the grumpy neighbour.

Simply amazing: perfect location, friendly and helpful staff, really clean and cheap. The hostel possesses two buildings in the hilly part of the city, quite near the old port. Common room where chilling out is big and furnished well. Breakfast is abundant. We shared a room with 4 beds, big and comfortable. In spite of the bad reputation Marseille got, the place is safe.

Beautiful big loft style rooms.

The staff was cool especially the young man from poland. He was welcoming and helpfull. I stayed in bldg C which was not in the same receiption bldg. the room is wide and has a kitchen in it and a bathroom. the only issue i faced was the electric socket wasn't around my bed and poor wifi signal. everything eles was great. i met a group in the room which made my stay in Marseille so awsom.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7