Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The room (a 2-bed dorm) was basic, but spacious and clean. Very good location close to both the Vieux Port and Notre Dame de la Garde.

In general all good, very spacious dorms! Only one thing - it was quite cold (even that the heating was on) and 1 blanket was not enough (at least for us). On top of that door kept banging because of the wind(we were staying outside the main building). Apart from that happy with everything. A bit difficult to socialise with everyone.

Good place to stay, good location, kind staff

Good hostel. Large rooms, some with just single beds and no bunks. Large lockers. Separate toilet and shower. Located pretty centre, right next to the old port. Staff nice. Wifi good and worked in rooms. The only downside was that people's food kept being eaten out of the fridge which was very frustrating (happened 4 times in 2 days!) there were also a lot of older people who appeared to live there. Would recommend this place but don't leave anything in the fridge.

Inform before the breakfast strat at 8am

• 17th Nov 2015

Good to have breakfast included, but it's a bit of a scrum getting it.

One of the best hostel I've ever been! Really nice, clean and confortable, excellent value for money and the staff is really kind and helpful! Thanks for the excellent weekend at Marseille!

Great location! I didn't use public transport at all while I was in Marseille. Good kitchen, common areas, and helpful staff. Was awesome to have non-bunk beds for once in a hostel too & I liked the double-floor layout of my room, it was very spacious and pleasant. Only bad thing was that the beds were quite loud/squeaky

Not many other guests spoke English and people didn't want to interact. Wifi didn't work in the kitchen and there is no common room. Maybe it's more lively in high season, but I couldn't wait to leave.

The room we stayed in was nice and big and the beds were super comfortable. There was also a small kitchen in our room which was handy. It was a bit strange we led out from the building the reception was in and through a car park to get to where we were staying but it seemed pretty safe.

If you book at this hostel make sure you request to NOT be in building B. If they try to put you in building B, don't waste your money, go somewhere else. The wifi in building B doesn't work at all in the rooms and very, very poorly in the common room. My boyfriend and I paid extra to stay in a 2 person room (their most expensive room) and our room was directly over a nightclub... We might as well have just tried to sleep on the dance floor of the club. Also bunks are not wooden, as advertised.

Simple but clean, well located and has a nice atmosphere. A very good hostel!

Only stayed here for a night on our way from Nice to Barcelona, wish we had stayed longer. The hostel was very clean and had a good atmosphere

Staff always friendly, & took time to help with advice. Hostel is relaxed & in perfect position close to vieux-port! 5stars from me.

Vertigo was exactly what I was looking for. Great location, and very friendly staff, eager to help with recommendations and suggestions. Room was comfortable and had 2 bathrooms which was also a plus. Living spaces, kitchen, breakfast also very nice. I had an early train out so it was very nice the breakfast was out early.

Great place to stay! Super clean, comfy bed, and very good location, even small breakfast included!

The bedroom and bathroom was very clean but there was no organised group activities or atmosphere.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Excellent hostel, very near to Vieux Port and Estragin metro stations, and practically right beside the Vieux Port. Fast connections to St Charles and the calanques. Facilities and linen were clean, well maintained, there were enough charging ports and computers downstairs. Staff were helpful and got me an extra blanket when I asked for one. Breakfast was basic but alright, kitchen was well equipped. there are lots of steps up to the rooms but I don't mind, will stay again.

Wifi sucks, keeps cutting off unless u are inside the reception or computer room, location is good but the workers arent very friendly and people dont really interact there, they dont offer walking tours either i believe, love marseille but not this hostel

We are so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with us.

Everything was great. The place is much better that it appears on the pictures. The only complain is about the Internet connection. Sometimes you can spend more than one hour to send few pics. It's not just due to the spot you are. I used to change location and the result was exactly the same. I believe the local network lowers your priority based on the quantity of data you use.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7