Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

There were a few disappointments with our stay. There were no lockers to secure our belongings in our dorm of 8 other travellers, the wifi didn't work out in our dorm (it only worked right in the reception area... It didn't even detect wifi in the dorm) and the dorm itself was poorly kept. Huge cobwebs and heavy dust. The bathroom was also poorly kept- just a little portable fan working overtime trying to get the moisture out of the air, no holder for the shower head, and it was very grimey.

Really great hostel, especially for the money. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm. Someone said it was a new room... I'm not sure but it was definitely the best. Breakfast is good and included in the price. Only slight negatives.. No lockers in my room and you need to bring your own lock to use the lockers if you are in one of the other rooms... No wifi in the rooms... But not a major issue. Staff are really nice and very friendly.

This hostel is in a great location, very close to the station and pier. We stayed in a 2 bed room which was great and very spacious. Only downfall is the walls are quite thin so you can hear the people next door very clearly and others down the hall.

We enjoyed our stay here - the large apartment in the back (8 person mixed dorm I think) was nice. The other guests weren't overly friendly (there were a couple of school groups I think) but the atmosphere was fine and the staff was very friendly. They helped us with directions and with arranging a ride share with blah blah car, which we had never used before. We would recommend Vertigo Vieux-Port for you stay in Marseille!

Very comfortable and clean hostel. The sheets and matraces were impeccable and nicely smelling. I slept very well. The stuff was superb.

Bare bones hostel, they are just adding a new 8 bed dorm which is where I slept. Only one toilet to 8 beds and I had the unfortunate experience of being the only male in the dorm. Also, they are still putting in the lockers so I had to keep leaving my bags in the front desk storage room which was inconvenient. Lastly, my bed area did not have a charger attached so that was a real bummer. Having said all that, I felt safe, was able to get around from the location, and the rooms were clean.

• 20th Apr 2015

Very good hostel! The staff was very friendly and lend me a towel (they dont have a towel service)! The admosphere is very nice, kitchen is good equipped and there is enough space to sit and relax after a long day. Oh, and the included breakfast is very good!!

Easy to walk to the main port area, helpful staff and ok facilities. I have stayed in better hostels and I have stayed in worse. Which the breakfast was not just cereal and bread and I also would recommend that they have soap dispensers in the bathrooms.

You need keys that open the front door

This is a really great hostel. Staff are very nice, breakfast is very fresh and very french, kitchen is well set up and the free computers are modern and very useful. Only complaint is that the first room we were in had a smelly bathroom. We had to relocate due to a disabled person needing that room (no problem here) and we moved to a room with a much cleaner bathroom.

Breakfast is only bread and cereal, tea and coffee and orange juice. At 9:30 some of the cereals had run out as well as the coffee. There was no towel given and no soap in the toilets. In German hostels breakfast always includes meat, cheese, eggs etc (may have to pay separately). Soap us usually provided. German hostels have proper cotton sheets and linen as opposed to the polyester blanket.

Great staff. Safe, great location, clean. Great showers and privacy. Very helpful staff members.

Nice place

The hostel was lovely, especially the kitchen/living room area in VeritgoB. The only negative point is that the hostel no longer sell towels. Thanks

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Great atmosphere. The wood in the ceiling was a nice touch. Staff were very helpful and went above and beyond expectations. Breakfast consisted of jams and baguettes. Coffee and tea were provided.

The wifi from my laptop only worked once, for a very short while, so I ended up using hte computers in the lobby.

The directions were confusing as the Hostel is on a side street, but Remi changed it to be easier. It is uphill from the Habour but ony 3 blocks. The Hostel is really well designed and comfortable. Reception is helpful and storage available for returning travellers. Special mention to Receptionist, August, who was exceptionally helpful and professional. I will return to stay again, the hostel is everything you can expect. Thanks everyone.

THANK YOU for this great comment! All the best to you and hopefully see you soon! Remy

Everything was awesome but there were no towels!

Hi, We used to rent towels but you have no idea how many times they got stolen... We're trying to find a new solution to make sure they are handed back. Best regards, Remy

Great place, clean room and location..some soap in the bathroom would be nice though :)

I will come back and stay there again

• 27th Mar 2015