Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

I thought I was bitten by mosquitoes because the only source of cooling at night was one small open skylight but it definitely was bedbugs. Hopefully they are able to remedy this!

Good, clean hostel and the rooms and beds are very comfortable! The kitchen only has one electric stove top so it's a waiting game. Wifi in rooms is great, but not so in the common areas. Great location and staff!

Super close to the old port and easy walk to the beach and the metro station. Wifi in the rooms, clean, normal breakfast- cereal and tea and bread. Great common area. Plenty of space in the rooms too.

Very big room, with a small kitchen in it. And very close to the main places in the city.

Clean - yes. Good location - yes. But it's a big hub where a lot of tourists come and unfortunately there is no atmosphere (just my opinion).. A looot of steps - on the floors and then inside the room, with a luggage it's not very easy) Rooms in main building for 4 girls are without windows, just small ones on the roof - very stuffy. Different networks for internet - it is lost when you are changed the building. And no internet in the big dormitory, which is very good with the other features.

The wi-fi was awful, not only did I not have access in my room (which was in a separate building) you practically had to sit on top of the router in order to use it. That was a little disappointing as they advertise wi-fi for the entire hostel. Other than that downfall this hostel was good, my room and bathroom were relatively clean, the common room was nice and the staff was relatively helpful.

The 8-bed dorm is actually a spacious apartment in the back of the hostel across the court, with a fully equipped separate kitchen, bathroom and plenty of space for luggage and to hang around! Ideal for travellers!

• 9th Oct 2014

8-person mixed dorm. I had read previous reviews and expected no lockers, but I asked at the front desk during check-in if there would be and they said yes. Then we go to the room only to find no lockers. I asked the staff about it later and they seemed confused. No big deal, but I don't understand why they didn't know if they work there. Also, 8-person dorm doesn't have wifi and only has 1 bathroom, which makes no sense because there is ample space that it could have been designed with several.

• 9th Oct 2014

WLAN didn't work in our house and there was a strange older lady Sitting all day in Front of the TV. but it was still very nice

Stay was 4 nites. Was moved from Vertigo A to Vertigo B on Fri. and music very loud. Very good staff.

Hostel staff were very helpful to myself and to all others that I saw interact with staff. They assisted greatly with my stay. Hostel was very clean and had plenty of facilities. Atmosphere was friendly.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Great hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The facilities where top notch, and I really enjoyed my time here.

Nice spacious room. Very clean. Quite at night. In-suite bathroom and toilet made it very comfortable, and being "down stairs" gave privacy. Great location. Close to the metro and famous sights. Wifi connection was not through out the hostel.

A bit expensive but the rooms are big and good.. Breakfast included :)

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Austria

My friend and I stayed in the 8 person room. It was a super nice room, but the bathroom had mold all over the walls which it looked liked they tried to clean off, but it didnt work. The bathroom was overall really gross, sink was clogging up etc. Also there were no lockers provided in the 8 person room, which is ridiculous. But good thing we had good and nice people who stayed with us and didnt steal anything! Staff was very friendly and helpful, good solid breakfast and computers with wifi!

very nice staff, excellent location - right next to the Old port, clean room and bath room

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice staff. Very helpful. Wifi is super spotty

The room was very clean but the walls and cieling in the bathroom had black mold smeared everywhere.

Location is great, close to metro Répubique station. Staff is kind and helpful. But only one lamp in room is very unconvenient.

a very nice hostel! located in the center of marseille, you can rech everything easily by feet. nice staff, clean, huge rooms for a good price. i recommend staying there!

• 29th Sep 2014