Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Great time in Vertigo hostel, thanks to the staff and the quality of the rooms. Just a tip: why don't you organise some social activity into the city?

We had a great time at Vertigo Vieux-Port. The reception is very friendly and useful. Really want to come back.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Vietnam

This Hostel is good. The location is directly close to the harbour, most major sites can be reaches on foot. It has 24hour reception and key cards, i felt safe. The atmosphere was okay, mostly i guess because it was off season with few travellers around. Rooms were very big, big locker (bring a lock!) common rooms spacious, with rustic chic, actually trés stilé. Bad side of the Hostel was the kitchen, there are two but each has has only one cooking plate!breakfast nofruit but baguette n' cereal

• 23rd Feb 2015

We just bought a second set of cookers for each kitchen. You now have 2 burners in each kitchen. It will easy things up! Regards,

There was not internet connection in our room.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Azerbaijan

One receptionist particularly, was great. Knew that I was learning French and spoke clearly so that I might better understand him. Though all the staff that I met were friendly and welcoming. Had a great stay. Thanks everyone!

• 18th Feb 2015

it was my sixth stay in vertigo and i was again very happy with my choice!

Great place for meeting people, great atmosphere. Rooms were alright. Guys at the reception were amazing, really enthusiastic in sharing what Marseille had to see, great with directions, very helpful and knowledgable.

The only downside I found in staying here was paying for breakfast as a vegan it wasn't really worth it for me but that's the only down side the walking tour was ace the staff were brilliant and the facilities were great !!! The beds were so comfy I didn't want to leave.

I liked how easy it was to get from the airport to the hostel. The directions were great and it was nice to walk by the old port. My only comment is that there weren't any towels. I asked for a towel at check-in and the receptionist said to come later. Then I returned to a different receptionist who said they did not have towels at all. Also, the blanket for my bed was full of blond hair.

This is a fine hostel within easy walking distance of the Port and easy from the main railway station and the Metro The staff are very helpful and keep such items as bus timetables. The Bus 83 goes from the bottom of a short hill and takes you South along the coast before turning inland. Here at the coast I left the bus and hired a municipal cycle and went all the way to Cape Croisette and St. Goudes and right to the end where there is a clifftop walk to Cassis. Stunning views.

Good location in the Viex Port, near to the Hard Rock Cafe and a lot of bars, near of the Port.

A great hostel in a good location, I was only in town for a night but would go there again. Little sketchy walking at midnight from the train station but it was easy to find.

Nice place, excellent location, nice people for such a low price ! don't hesitate ! Very cool atsmophere, clean and relaxed.

No complaints for this hostel. Good choice for Marseille.

nothing special, no atmosphere, bad internet in building b. 10 checkout

Beautiful and super clean room. Good breakfast. Very nice and helpful staff. We can just recommend!

Good wifi, good breakfast, lots of space in the rooms, great location.

Yes. Everything was okay and the staff was nice but I really didnt like the atmosphere. It has a gloomy feeling to it.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice hostel in a really good location, I would recommend it for sure!

This hostel is really clean and the breakfast was pretty good too. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. They clean the rooms everyday and there are small lockers in the rooms so you can safely store your valuables. Comfy common area