Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The hostel is very clean because we were there when staff was cleaning the room and she did it thoroughly. But the steak we bought and put in the fridge in our room( it's a ensuite) got missing, a bit annoying. Another thing is people were talking very loudly the day we arrived very late and tried to sleep.

you have to prepare a lock yourself and the towel is one euro. There three small cabinets without lock but we are 4 people in the room. And...um, nothing more. the room is pretty clean.

Needs to walk a bit up hill. Staffs quite willing to help. Laundering a bit expensive (but still the normal hostel price). Still a good place to stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel and I would go back for sure. The only complaint I would say was about the pillow which was very bad, but apart from that everything was great. I would recommend it. Bring your own padlock, for the small locker in the room.

Really friendly staff! we drove there and were able to find parking near the hostel!

The buildings were quite charming and it had a friendliness about it.

Instead of a mixed dorm bed room we got an seperate room for our own (2 people). Room, bathroom and kitchen were very clean. Plus the staff was very helpful. Great location! Breakfast could be better, but is solid. Non-party atmosphere. Good hostel-would totally recommend it to others!

Comfy bed, close to main city centre, clean facilities, breakfast provided which was handy however try and get in early as people would take 1-2 full baguettes each and save them for others or take them for the day, milk was long life milk and mostly served at room temperature which didn't taste too good on cereal, good kitchen facilities with the basics, bins cleaned in room daily, nice staff with good tourist advise, lots of areas to spent time alone or with others! Internet was not the best!

The location was just perfect and the staff was really friendly and helpful! Specially thanks to Sebastian and to the other boy from the reception for his really helpful information about places to see in Marseille. Definitely propose it to friends!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

Had a great stay here! For a hostel in Marseille I don't think you can do any better. Awesome location close to the port. Good security--large lockers and front desk must buzz you in. Good breakfast and good wifi! Would recommend and would probably stay at again.

Staff was excellent and helpful for getting around town. The kitchen was a little small, but otherwise, great place to stay! Definitely not a party hostel, so if that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere.

• 1st Aug 2014

It was a great location right next to the Vieux Port/metro and not far from most of the city's main attractions. Great atmosphere and easy to meet young people and friendly travelers. It was a bit pricy, but in terms of what Marseille offers, it is a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it. The staff were mosty very friendly, but there are one or two that do not speak English well enough to avoid sounding brusque. The breakfst was solid: some tasty baguettes, cereal, and juice.

Quite expensive, from my point of view.

The rooms were very spacious and the hostel is only about a five minute walk from the Vieux-Port. Staff were very helpful, down to giving us advice on what to bring as a gift to a French lunch date. However, our room had no kind of lockers for locking up valuables, and if anyone cleaned our room during out stay it didn't show. The floor and bathroom were pretty gross, but sheets and bedding were clean. Dish towels were not replaced and we had no extras in the room. Still, would stay again anyway

Love love.

Hi! I'm glad to see you had a good time here! See you soon

The only complaint I had was that I wish there was an elevator in this hostel but other than that the rooms where very big and comfortable. This hostel is perfect for a backpacker and just a couple nights stay.

HI! You are right, there is no elevator, but the problem is, as you might have noticed, the rooms are not above reception, that is why we cannot put an elevator in the hotel. I'm glad to know that it was just a minor inconvenient for you. Thanks for the review and see you soon.

Improve breakfast...milk was hot...no napkins...no bread ...no elevador....and a lot of stairs even in th Rooms

Hi, I'm very sorry if milk was hot, but it stays on the fridge until we put it out on the table. If you came late, yes, it might have warmed up a bit, but i doubt it was hot. We have one floor only, it cannot really qualify as "a lot of stairs" and some rooms have an upper floor, it is true that it is not possible for us to put an elevator because of the structure of the building. we are very sorry for these inconvenients

I enjoyed my stay and met some great people. There is a kitchen and seating area which is available all day and a good space for meeting people. Aside from that the room was clean and beds comfortable.

It has been as great as the last times we have been there!! We love to come back.

• 26th Jul 2014

Great hostel, clean, good staff, great location. The common room in Vertigo B was a really great space for making friends in the hostel. A lot of solo travelers here. If I were to go back to Marseilles I would stay here again. Even though there was a gathering of people in the common room my room was still very quiet.

Hi, I'm so gald you had a nice stay. Regards,