Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

This hostel is located a just a few minutes from the harbour. Great atmosphere and staff.

I loved this hostel. Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, and it was very social so it was easy to meet people. Will stay there again the next time I'm in Marseille

Cool hostel close very close to the old port but no social life at all during my stay. If you want a quite place to stay, this place is for you.

Spacious room, 2 kitchens are good and breakfast included!!

Thank you for your comment!

Nice hostel for price. Would stay again

Very good location. Very friendly. They can speak good English! Strongly recommended!

I stayed at the Vertigo hostel for 2 nights 4 person mixed-dorm and found the staff to be very kind, helpful and bilingual (english and french)! The rooms are very spacious and there is plenty room between the beds. The bathroom and shower rooms are clean and well-kept. What I appreciated most was the number of rooms designated for just chilling and socializing with other travellers! Highly Recommended!

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel has everything to provide a nice stay. It is very clean but more bare boned. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The metro is close and the hostels location is amazing. The hostel is in two buildings. One is across an alley way that is only gates at night and the door to the other building is open until night time, anyone could get into the building. However the staff actually walks around and checks the buildings. The other building is across from a club, so bring ear plugs

Hey! Thank you for your nice comment! the B building is open until 5pm usually because we need the airflow! ;) Yes we walk in and out of this building from time to time to check that everything is ok.

Very nice hostel had all the amenities one could ask for and then some, within walking distance to many of the sites and about 6 or 7 minutes from the metro. Only quarrel with the place was that the staff, while helpful, didn't seem to engage the backpackers or guests only if you initiated a conversation or asked a question would they acknowledge you. Rooms were huge with high ceilings and a sun roof. The place was very clean and locked up tight, lockers in the rooms and key card access

Hey! You are right, sometimes, we don't have time to engage a discussion with all of you but we've taken your comment into consideration and we'll try to do better from now on! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay anyway! Regards

This is my second time at Vertigo Vieux port, it's one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff members are all friendly, professional, and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location is perfect. Breakfast is free and tasty. I absolutely recommend this hostel, my only complaint would have to be the public refrigerator was packed and had obviously not been cleaned in a while. Otherwise everything is absolutely perfect and I will definitely be staying again.

Perfect location!! 2 min walk from the main port area with bars and restaurants

Good place! Close to the port and the metro that can take you anywhere in the city. Lack of atmosphere in the hostel... Not a whole bunch of solo travellers, but only negative point! Really clean, and the staff are really helpful and friendly.

The staff was really nice and they helped me a lot. The atmosphere was very nice as well and all the travellers were very open. I enjoyed my stay a lot.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Huge, with 3 different buildings, so not much socializing, and there are as many families as backpackers. The rooms are nice but the bathrooms are in the rooms, and doors are VERY LOUD, so if anyone uses the bathroom or comes in at night, everyone will wake up. Also somewhat pricey for a hostel. But it is right by the old port and breakfast is included. Also very nice lounges and kitchens.

It was a really cool hostel to stay at even just for one night. Staff was friendly and it was in a nice location and clean rooms. The only thing is there were no towels and not even to rent or buy from the hostel. The place that was recommended to go buy towels they were 15 euro or more and we were able to get some cheap ones from walking around to different stores for 8 euro. That was a huge down side as we had to waste our money and time to get a towel when it could be clearly stated online.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great hostel. Rooms were big and comfortable. I liked having the bathrooms inside the room. Nice amenities and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

the best thing about the hostel is the staff. thank you for being so pacient with the key Remy (: best regards Lu

No problem at all, I'm glad I could help!

Best Hostel in Marseille

location is good. staffs are nice and good at English. but pillow and blanket are smelly.

I met some awesome friendly people there and had a great time despite only staying one night. it was one of the friendliest hostels I've been to. Great atmosphere, good location.