Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Front staff not truly 24 hours--left at 4 am and the staff member was sleeping. Needed at cab to return to the hostel and was told by front staff person that cabs could not be ordered to be taken TO the hostel--only to be taken FROM the hostel--have no idea why that would be true? I ended up calling a cab on my own with no issue--except a slight language barrier.

• 29th Jun 2014

The best hostel in all perspectives in Marseille. Right at the lively Vieux Port, very convenient location for everything. Room is spacious, quiet, and with good facilities (air con-yes!). Staff are friendly~ Highly recommended it!

Very well located, a few blocks from the port. Rooms were very clean.

• 26th Jun 2014

It was one of the best hostles I've ever be. The staff was friendly, the location was very good, the breakfast was really complete. I stayed just for onde day, but I used the baggage locker during all my stay, and the staff was always there to help me. During the night you can go walk on the seaport, it is very close and the street is safe. I certainly recommend the hostel! Thank you people :)

• 26th Jun 2014

Our room wasn't located in the same building as the reception, but it was fantastic. Massive room for only 8 people. With own kitchen and dining spaces. Only downfall no wifi in room and no lockers. Reception spoke excellent English and gave us great advice on what to do. Free breakfast was good, selection of cereal and baguette.

Was easy to find, though it was down a narrow street off the port. Wifi in rooms worked well. Liked private bathroom in each room. Some beds squeaky but mine was great. Rooms had small lockers but didn't need them, felt very safe. A/C unit in each room + skylight. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was simple cereal, coffee/tea, bread w/jam. Tip: buy fruit/yogurt @ Carrefour around the corner. Kitchen facilities were the best of all the hostels I stayed at. Spacious & clean. Lots of dishes.

The location is grim. The managers cat dictates whether you can open a window or door.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Cleanliness is an issue. Three days and our bathroom was not cleaned properly. Towels werent changed and toilet was not clean. Location was really great, close to Notre Dame de la garde. Reception is supposed to be 24hours but night porter was taking a snooze the morning I had to leave and I had to go find him to get my key deposit back. Overall a decent stay.

Nice place to stay. The kitchen was well equipped and the rooms were spacious. A bit hot tough since there is no AC. Friendly staff helping and answering any questions we had. Close to the port and walking distance from nearby beaches.

I will come back for sure !

We always felt very comfortable at this hostel. The staff was very helpful with their recommendations and it helped make for a great stay. Would stay there again!

Excellent location, nice place, beautiful City...:)

This was very nice hostel, the staff were so kind and the location was also very good! I strongly recommend this hostel!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Nice and clean Hostel, near old port and in about 40 minutes walking distance from Marseille train station. Free breakfast and kitchen.

Well, for me this place was a surprise. I stayed in a shared two bed room with private bathroom, and all was really good. The hostel was quite new and really clean. Also it was a surprise that the hostel has two buildings and you can go from one to other without problem what increase the living area a lot. People from the staff really friendly and I saw them helping other people a lot. For sure this will be my stay next time in Marseille.

I stayed at this hostel for just one night but I found it clean and loaded with everything a traveler might need. The rooms were spacious, next to each bed there were TWO plugs which came in super handy. The kitchen and common room are huge and super inviting to just hang out and chill. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Uruguay

The location is not the best but the facility is really ok. However, connectivity of wifi sucks

Everything was really fine and no complaints except for the quality and choices of the breakfast which was under-par compared to other good hostels.

This was the one of the nicest hostels I stayed in during a 5-week trip through Europe. I was in a 6-bed mixed and the room was huge compared to most hostels and had two bathrooms. Everything was clean and the Wifi worked in the room and common area all the time.

I know it's a hostel, not hotel, but my one complaint is that the rooms don't feel very home-y. They're kind of sterile. Also I wished we'd had air conditioning! Otherwise staff is excellent, location is wonderful, and access to kitchen and internet are awesome when you're trying to travel cheap. This was my 2nd stay here and I'd do it again!

• 9th Jun 2014