Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Enjoyed my stay very much. All staff are very friendly. Thank you. See you again.

Most things were really clean, the sheets did smell really funny, but it wasn't a big deal. In terns of location, it was perfect since it was right beside the port and on the way to the Basiica. I asked for a towel but they told me they were sold out, but otherwise, it was fine. Ensuite washrooms were really clean and comfortable as well, even if the water pressure was really low.

The staff were great. Bilingual so I could practice French but still explain myself. The rooms were great. Clean and spacious. I had some not so clean people in my room who were loud during the night, but that's not the fault of the hostel. Just the reality of travel. The breakfast was great given it's free, and the location is right in the heart, along the port. Loved it.

I loved the internet speed and the breakfast.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Panama

It is a good option in the vieux-port area. The staff are nice and helpful if you ask for help or advice. Breakfast is simple. It's good they don't have curfew or stupid rules as they say but a non-smoking policy should be enforced. My room smelled of cigarette smoke when I arrived. Probably one of the other guests smoked when alone. Nice common areas, comfortable beds, pillows and lamps in the room. No hair dryer

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Chile

Vertigo is a great hostel. When we were there it was kind of an older crowd, but that was cool. The staff were great and the male receptionist who checked us in was kind enough to let us check in early and shower after a night on the bus. I'd recommend Vertigo as a chill place to base yourself in Marseille (a beautiful city).

I had a great stay! The staff were really nice and funny. The kitchen is little but really okay. There is everything for you to prepare your meal. I extended my stay ate the hostel and the staff accepted that I change bed to be on the lower bed.

Merci Rémi pour ce beau séjour dans cette superbe auberge. Stephane

More lights in the parking area would be nice, as it's really creepy to walk to the room in the dark. The staff was very friendly, and the free luggage storage was great, exactly what we needed.

• 12th Dec 2015

Really nice place with nice places to hang out. Also very clean and spacious room (at least in my case). Just one thing: I was in the room in the backyard. There shouldn't be a kitchen unless you seperate the sleeping room from it. At home you probably don't sleep in the kitchen either. The cooking place in the main building are enough, although you could buy a toaster :)

People at the reception were fantastic ..The location were fairly close to the port. I havent seen anything wrong about the room I stayed, and the common places were clean. Finally, the breakfast was ordinary and OK.

Pretty good hostel. Just a few minutes walk from the port. Staff are very helpful.

Nice place to stay in Marseille, great location, helpful staff, nice areas to socialize with other travelers. I've enjoyed staying with them and I would definitely stay with them again in case coming back to Marseille in the future.

Perfect Hostel, the time that i spend there was very nice, good polite people and perfect service. Internet works well and the location is on the top... Near the Marseille Marina´s, restaurant´s, bar´s, public transport.... Thank´s a lot for all service ;)

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

It was the best value for my money. Excellent is all what I can say. I am sure, I can not get a better deal than this.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • India

Friendly and helpful staff, great value for money! Please keep up the breakfast, nice way to start up the day!

The staff was ready to help and give advice. I was staying in a room with 8 or 10 beds (I don't remember precisely), but it was much bigger than what is usual for hostels. You didn't feel claustrophobic. There was a big bathroom and a big kitchen. I especially appreciated that they let me keep my luggage in their storage room for the rest of the day after the checkout. They really care about their customers.

In a great area, near a lot of bars. Clean hostel. Pretty helpful staff but I waited around for about 20 minutes trying to check out cause I had a train to catch cause the guy wasn't at the desk. Other than that a good experience.

The room (a 2-bed dorm) was basic, but spacious and clean. Very good location close to both the Vieux Port and Notre Dame de la Garde.

In general all good, very spacious dorms! Only one thing - it was quite cold (even that the heating was on) and 1 blanket was not enough (at least for us). On top of that door kept banging because of the wind(we were staying outside the main building). Apart from that happy with everything. A bit difficult to socialise with everyone.