Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Hostel is in an awesome location in the port of Marseille. 1 block away from the port Boardwalk with many reataurants and stores. Short metro ride from the main station St Charles and a short walk to the hostel from metro station. 15-20 min walk to the beach and a hilly 15-20 mins to Norte dam. Cute facilities, rooms clean, bed comfortable, outlet at every bed. No AC, very hot and loud at night as the windows had to be left open. Overall would recommend.

Hi danielle, There is an AC in every room at hotel Vertigo. Some people don't stand it and ask for it to be turned off. You just needed to come down at reception and we would have turned it back on... Hope you had a great stay despite this inconvenience.

I found most of the staff here really helpful and provided tips and suggestions on where to visit and how to get there. One of the girls even tried to help me call and email a dive group as I was not able to get hold of them. Laundry facilities was a little lacking compared to some of the bigger hostels ive stayed at. Location isnt too bad, a bit of a walk from the metro if you have luggage. Kitchen was ok, free breakie wasn't bad.

Great hostel, amazing rooms but staff wasn't too helpful with things to do around Marseille or where things were.

The hostel was in a really nice location. The ambiance was nice but I was not overly impressed with the cleanliness compared to my experience in other hostels.

Location was excellent - couldn't be close to th centre, and near the beautiful old port and about 10mins from the open ocean. However, staff were a bit moody and everything was self-service, including cleaning and serving breakfast.

Very nice spacious room. Common area very open and welcoming. Good location.

FANTASTIC

Very nice hostel, a bit pricey but worth every penny. Located near the Vieux Port in Marseille, Lidl and artisanal bakery at walking distance. Beautiful rooms and quiet, peaceful atmosphere.

Located 5 minutes from the port, the hostel has good beds and bathroom facilities in the rooms. A/C however was barely working which made the rooms quite warm. Wifi in the B building is very weak, much better in the A building. Breakfast is good, and the kitchen facilities are nice. Had to change rooms due to staff error. They made it seem like it was our fault for not realizing the price difference.

Very spacious rooms and the free breakfast was very helpful!

An regular hostel. I would stay there again if necessary.

Very nice hostel in a central place in Marseille. Close to the Vieux Port! Really nice people & clean rooms!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Really great hostel. Just one thing: Wifi-connection from our room was very bad!

The hostel was really great, I couldn't really fault it. I had a ball here really liked the set up and facilities.

The four bedroom room was wonderful. Air conditioned, very clean, private bathroom and shower. We had to book a different room our last night due to booking availability and we were put in an 8 person room. This room was however not so great. There was no ac, which is typical for hostels in Europe but this was miserable. The people in the room Would leave the door open leading to the outside street while we slept. This room was not in the hostel, but across the courtyard. Very loud.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Definitely on my favorite hostel list!!!

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Poland

I was only here one night, I could have done two nights happily but no longer. There isn't really an atmosphere. I met nice people which was lucky, but there isn't a community which I found at other hostels. Marseille itself is amazing and worth a visit!! The bathroom was ok but not as clean as I'd hoped. Check-in at 3pm and check-out at 10am seemed a bit unfair but there is a locker room you can keep your bag in which is a great help.

The Good: I was lucky to be placed in a room of all solo travelers who all arrived on the same day and stayed approximately the same amount of time. If the hostel meant to do that, thank you! I definitely enjoyed my stay! The Not-so-good: The WiFi does not reach the kitchen area. The shower floor was uneven, causing water to collect and it started to smell bad after a few hours. The fridge could've been cleaned out more often as something in there also had a funky smell.

• 21st Jul 2015

Had a great time staying at the hostel, met some awesome people. The staff were friendly and accommodating, location is very good.

Great hostel, definitely great value for money. The hostel is only a few minutes to the port and two train stops from the station. The staff are really really great! (thanks for all your help Marie!!) =)