Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

No wifi in 8-bed dorm- a real bummer since the rest of the dorm is great. Staff friendly. Close to port, major dining district, and 2 stops from train station by metro.

The guy at the front desk was really awesome and helped me out a lot. The room was nice and clean and I had great roommates. I have no complaints.

amazing hostel !!! top the best hostel I ever been ;)

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Algeria

Best two days I spent here. Not just because of hostel, but because of hostel mates i met that evening. Best thing about this hostel is a very big common room, where you can meet new people and spend next few hours like best friends. Staff is really nice. Location is good, though not city center but near to the ferry boat that goes to Chateau.

Very well located, as far as all the attractions by Old Marseille and the Port. Great vantage point for starting the walking tours by the tourism maps. Grocery stores and restaurants all close by. Very close to the boat launch for Chateau D'If. Rooms are spacious and common area is comfortable. I would recommend this place, value for the money is there.

Great large dorm rooms. Good wifi coverage. Beds not allocated to first in best dressed scenario. However cleaners find it difficult to know if people have departed or not so twice we had to tell the reception that our beds we not ready as they kept making beds that people were already staying in. Difficult to find ATM's. Good atmosphere. Adequate kitchen. Breakfast served a little late.

Very nice hostel, perfect location, good staff

Close to the port and many great restaurants nearby. But the streets nearby are very dirty and the hostel itself is not very clean. It is old and stuffy.

It is everything I have asked for. Really big rooms with reasonably cheap price along with perfect location.The only shortcoming is that it was a little bit cold when I stayed there, maybe the warming facility in my room was not working perfectly. But I do find some extra towels in the room so there was not much problem. .

• 11th Dec 2014
  • China

the Vertigo contains everything an ideal hostel can have; breakfast, free wifi, a toilette in the room... if they can add a storage with locks, it would be better. the personnel is very friendly. the location is fine,not too hard to find, but i had some difficutly in finding the entry,,,all in all, i had a great time there, thank you!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • China

Very spacious rooms, enough room to do some yoga!

We stayed in a 4 person room. The en suite bathroom was good. The beds were comfortable. There was a man snoring in front of the tv when we arrived, but i probably wouldn't blame that on the hostel. we made some free bow tie pasta, salted and peppered it, ate it, looked at the map, then went to bed. next night we had room to ourselves, did laundry (they have machines), and went out to dinner. actually superb location, clean, above average in most regards, highly recommended hostel.

Good Hostel, clean and very well positioned, walking distance from the Old Port and 15 minutes from Notre Dame de la Garde. Staff very helpful, it was missing a bit that "social" atmosphere which you expect to find in an Hostel. Recommended though!

This hostel was one of the nicest ones I've stayed at while traveling Europe. It has a kitchen to cook meals, free breakfast (cereal and bread) and very central to the harbour and other main attractions. The staff were very accommodating to my friend and I because we arrived before check-in. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I met an excellent staff, flexible, nice, serviable. I enjoyed the installation of the hostel in the ancient store building. The rooms are all right, confortable in space, but with thin walls inbetween (one can hear the others talking). I only missed small things like hooks for coats, something to put the soap on in the shower, etc. The rooms are air conditionned what is not mine in winter. The breakfast is all right (bred, butter, jam at muesli).

excellent location, clean, quiet, friendly staff. No remarks. Everything was o.k. Next time in Marseille I'stay there again.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Macedonia

Absolutely great location! Close to almost all points or interest, supermarkets and restaurants within crawling distance and a 5 minute walk from the metro. In terms of the facilities itself, there were no issues other than only having one stove. Common areas were large and functional. My only qualm was that the hostel did not seem to cater much to socialising given that no group activities were organised.

Nice hostel. Great staff and friendly atmosphere. Not much more to ask for

We had a very nice stay at the vertigo hostel. It's located in a very nice old building; the restauration was very sucessfull !! the staff was very friendly and helpfull. from my point of view it will be nice to improve the equipment of the kitchen: for exemple, to buy a new pan and a pot more for people who like cooking and not just using the microwave. The locking system of the doors is also very noisy but nobody or nothing is perfect !!

• 25th Nov 2014

I stayed in a four person room, it was very spacious compared to many places I've been to. The common room and kitchen were very nice and comfortable, however each kitchen only has one hot plate which makes cooking kind of a challenge.