Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

one of the best hostels i ve stayed in! excellent location, big clean rooms with 2 toiletts and breakfast included!

• 20th Jul 2015

I was a bit disappointed. Never expect an hostel like in Germany. You can just sleep there, nothing else. The kitchen is awful.

For being located in such an underrated and overlooked destination on the typical european tour, this was possibly the best hostel I stayed in across Europe. Beautiful spacious, clean facilities, nice kitchen, only a couple blocks from the port. Attractive female staff members. Wifi sucked in the rooms but who cares, go out and explore this amazing city.

The hostel was solidly good. Kitchen facilities are good, no lock out, friendly staff, nice and clean, slightly pricey though.

pros: - Location, near Vuiex Port metro stop - Good nightlife in surrounding area - Wi-Fi access in rooms - Allows late check-in - Toilet and shower near (4 bed female dorm) cons: - Narrow staircase up to dorm room (4 bed female dorm) - Somewhat of an uphill walk to hostel This is a good hostel for people staying the night to catch train in morning, or for someone wanting be close to Marseille's nightlife.

Had an amazing time here

Very helpful n friendly staff. Great hostel!

Only things I don't like: no wifi and no A/C in my room. All people in my room have to go to the main building to use the internet. But other things are perfect, the location is just next to the old port, helpful staff, clean room, etc. :D

Fantastic hostel! I just wish the air con could be turned up a little bit more - sometimes the room was still hot even with it on. Great location, great staff and great atmosphere. I work remotely and took a gamble by booking a hostel - it was perfect as I was still able to work with peace and quiet and still meet people. So nice I booked it twice ;)

One of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. Clean, in a good location near the metro and the old port, good security, great facilities with a kitchen and laundry, and quite a few common rooms which made for a good atmosphere to meet other travellers. The rooms were big and tidy and clean and the bathrooms were the same. Great value for money and the staff were incredibly lovely and kind (except 1 but the other 3 were amazing) and if I go to Marseille again I would definitely stay again.

Very nice location, close to the old port. Extremely spacious room (they could have put 2~3 times more beds in the room if they want). Each room even have two independent bathrooms and you have air conditioner as well as independent plug for charging your phones on each bed. Moreover, free breakfast is provided. Definitely one of the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Definitely a must-stay hostel if you are planning on coming to Marseille. Great common area where I met some amazing people and huge rooms with two on suite showers and one toilet.

Had some train scheduling issues and needed a place to stay last minute. The staff was very welcoming, there was a kitchen with a breakfast and the rooms were very nice and air conditioned. Very close to the port which was a plus. Loved it!

One of the most expensive hostel I've stayed in, but it was worth it. I had a great time at Vertigo, great location really close to the port. The kitchen is not that well equipped and the walls not really sounds proof. However, the staff make sure there is no bounds after 11pm to accommodate everyone.

An airconditioning for our room. It was very hot and we stayed in the 8-persons room with only a small ventilator.

• 13th Jul 2015

Great hostel

I stayed for one night and it was great. The room I was in was very clean and secure.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great staff and pretty good breakfast in the morning. Relaxed place, and in a good location.

Awesome location, super friendly people (Marie is a little gem!), good facilities and a fun vibe. Very Marseille. Thanks guys see you around!

• 10th Jul 2015