Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Some crazy guys shouting at night, nobody cares~

Great location near the old port, internet could be better, was none existent during stay.

It´s a good hostel considering price / benefit. The only problem is the noise: we can hear people in others rooms and slamming doors all the time. It should also be warned that the bedroom is on a mezzanine for the person to prepare for the stairs. Large room and comfortable bed although small. Normal breakfast of hostels in general, but could post signs with explanations of how everything works in the kitchen because we were kind of lost.

Great location, helpful staff but after the night shift guy said he would put out an early breakfast for me before an early train and didn't, I was a bit disappointed. Everything else was great! Thanks

I WAS SO IMPRESSED BY VERTIGO VIEUX-PORT THAT I EXTENDED MY STAY BY TWO WEEKS. THAT SHOULD BE A GOOD INDICATION OF HOW HAPPY I WAS WITH THE ACCOMMODATION, STAFF AND FACILITIES.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! We are so glad you had a good time! See you next time Regards,

Only complaint is that the free breakfast was pretty much just a baguette with butter (no toast) and coffee.

The lockers had shelves that were only big enough to hold small items. Overall everything was really clean, but I found a live cockroach in the reception bathroom the morning I left.

Huge rooms and common area

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

You cannot beat this location! Surprisingly easy to get to from the main bus/train station, just take the metro to vieux port and it's about a 5-10 minute walk from the station. overall I found it a bit pricey for what you get. The breakfast is basic, the kitchen is barly a kitchen (one hot plate for everyone to cook on), and the towels you can rent for a euro are hand towels (they will not cover your body). also the ac in the room has to be control by a remote that only the front desk has

• 12th Jul 2014

Hi, You are right we don't give the remotes for the AC because when people don't understand something they press every button and we have had to have someone come to fix the whole system up. There is someone at reception 24/7 though and they'll turn it on and off as much as you like. I'm glad you had a nice stay though. Rgards,

The staff were very unfriendly, and not very willing to help, but the faciliies were very good - a social environment for people to het to know each other.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Hi, I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with our staff. I'll let them know and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Fantastic location by the port, only two subway stops from the central station.  A few downsides: The road outside was noisy at night. Kitchen facilities are limited. Lockers have shelves in so you can't put a full bag inside which would be useful. Overall I thought the hostel was beautiful. The staff were very helpful and put the breakfast out early since we were leaving early in the morning.

The Hostel is close to the Railway station. However, it's located in a non so safe place for a girl alone after 10pm. Moreover, a policeman warned us about leaving the car close to the Station, there are lot of robbery by night. The room was really good but at the last floor without lift.

Great location, kitchen facilities and spacious rooms. Will definitely stay there again!

The hostel is beautifully designed and has a spacious kitchen and lounge area. The staff were helpful and were accommodating with our late arrival and late checkout. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable! It is walking distance to the port and many cafes and restaurants.

We loved our stay here,,very friendly staff, great location,,,great atmosphere,,,great facilities for all ages including children,,,,great value for money,,,and very clean ,,,,will definitely come back and stay here,,,,girona is a undiscovered charming safe city with something for everyone lovely place

The staff was really nice, except for one French guy with curly long hair. He was he rudest person I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. My roommate got her phone stolen from the common room and he couldn't have been less helpful. There are lockers in the room and secure doors but the common room wasn't as secure, hence her stolen phone. Overall I felt very safe there and would go back.

• 4th Jul 2014

Great staff. The hostel is located in a small and ugly street, but there are many bars, restaurants and magazines near the hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014

Overall, a good hostel. However, my room didn't have any lockers and the staff wouldn't keep any valuables at reception (although I understand why they wouldn't want to take responsibility for that). So, basically I had to cart my iPad around with me everywhere I went in Marseille, which was a little limiting, especially if you wanted to go to the beach. Please get some lockers guys!

The stairs were kind of steep (both outside the room and inside). Breakfast meager but expected. I love that our room had it's own bathroom! The towels were absolutely horrible. They were thin handtowels. Not for your body. The air conditioning only sometimes worked and bugs flew in from the ceiling window. However these things are minor complaints. I still would recommend and stay there again. Can't beat the location and it's really easy to meet people.

Loved how there was two bathroom in a 6 ppl mixed room. With and without toilet. Helped cut down on wait time in the mornings. Great place, easy to get to.