Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The 8-Bed-Dorm is really big. It contains an own Kitchen and Bathroom and is perfect for cooking, drinking, playing, talking with the other roommates. Had a great time there.

So happy you had a nice time here! See you next time! Remy

Good location. Big rooms. Staff very helpful.

Very nice hostel with helpful staff. I appreciated a lot little services like the possibility of having breakfast earlier, print for free, etc. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed, this is not a hostel with a backpackers atmosphere, but ideal for older budget travellers who don't want to be disturbed by noisy people. Cleanliness of the bathroom was ok but could be improved. The room was overheated as well, but this was the only negative point.

We're so sorry to hear it was too hot in your room. Just so you know, every room has a different heater, and we can adjust the temperature for everyone's desire. Next time, don't hesitate to come and ask us to turn it down a little. See you next time!

The location is really great, you only have to go down the little mountain and you are at Vieux Port! I liked the couch and TV station in the lounge.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Stayed in the 8-bed separate dorm. No plug outlets by beds. No wi-fi in the room. Bathroom was really dirty. Strange atmosphere. Not ideal for lone travellers.

This was a great place to stay, I would definitely go again. It's a great deal for a hostel. The facilites are very clean, there are computers for use, free wifi, and free breakfast. Room access is via card and there is a person at the desk 24hours. Most importantly, the location is walking distance from lots of bars, great restaurants, etc. so you can feel comfortable going out later at night and walking without passing through any bad neighborhoods. The staff is very friendly and welcoming.

• 27th Feb 2015

+ : Bathroom is inside the room, so it's very convenient. Hot water in the shower was great. Room and bathroom is clean. Kitchen in the room!! - : No access of wifi in my room, I had to go to other building to access it. Not very convenient. It's a big room and doesn't give feeling that it's a place to rest (for some people). I had a group of awful roommate that treat the room as living room (playing music out loud, turning on the light just like that when they went back from a night out)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

We're s sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the people in your room although, the bigger the room is, the more chances it will be noisy because of the people coming in and out. Maybe you'll give us a seconde chance and try one of our smaller rooms! ;) Regards, Remy

Great time in Vertigo hostel, thanks to the staff and the quality of the rooms. Just a tip: why don't you organise some social activity into the city?

We had a great time at Vertigo Vieux-Port. The reception is very friendly and useful. Really want to come back.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Vietnam

This Hostel is good. The location is directly close to the harbour, most major sites can be reaches on foot. It has 24hour reception and key cards, i felt safe. The atmosphere was okay, mostly i guess because it was off season with few travellers around. Rooms were very big, big locker (bring a lock!) common rooms spacious, with rustic chic, actually trés stilé. Bad side of the Hostel was the kitchen, there are two but each has has only one cooking plate!breakfast nofruit but baguette n' cereal

• 23rd Feb 2015

We just bought a second set of cookers for each kitchen. You now have 2 burners in each kitchen. It will easy things up! Regards,

There was not internet connection in our room.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Azerbaijan

One receptionist particularly, was great. Knew that I was learning French and spoke clearly so that I might better understand him. Though all the staff that I met were friendly and welcoming. Had a great stay. Thanks everyone!

• 18th Feb 2015

it was my sixth stay in vertigo and i was again very happy with my choice!

Great place for meeting people, great atmosphere. Rooms were alright. Guys at the reception were amazing, really enthusiastic in sharing what Marseille had to see, great with directions, very helpful and knowledgable.

The only downside I found in staying here was paying for breakfast as a vegan it wasn't really worth it for me but that's the only down side the walking tour was ace the staff were brilliant and the facilities were great !!! The beds were so comfy I didn't want to leave.

I liked how easy it was to get from the airport to the hostel. The directions were great and it was nice to walk by the old port. My only comment is that there weren't any towels. I asked for a towel at check-in and the receptionist said to come later. Then I returned to a different receptionist who said they did not have towels at all. Also, the blanket for my bed was full of blond hair.

This is a fine hostel within easy walking distance of the Port and easy from the main railway station and the Metro The staff are very helpful and keep such items as bus timetables. The Bus 83 goes from the bottom of a short hill and takes you South along the coast before turning inland. Here at the coast I left the bus and hired a municipal cycle and went all the way to Cape Croisette and St. Goudes and right to the end where there is a clifftop walk to Cassis. Stunning views.

Good location in the Viex Port, near to the Hard Rock Cafe and a lot of bars, near of the Port.

A great hostel in a good location, I was only in town for a night but would go there again. Little sketchy walking at midnight from the train station but it was easy to find.

Nice place, excellent location, nice people for such a low price ! don't hesitate ! Very cool atsmophere, clean and relaxed.