Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The 8-bed dorm is actually a spacious apartment in the back of the hostel across the court, with a fully equipped separate kitchen, bathroom and plenty of space for luggage and to hang around! Ideal for travellers!

• 9th Oct 2014

8-person mixed dorm. I had read previous reviews and expected no lockers, but I asked at the front desk during check-in if there would be and they said yes. Then we go to the room only to find no lockers. I asked the staff about it later and they seemed confused. No big deal, but I don't understand why they didn't know if they work there. Also, 8-person dorm doesn't have wifi and only has 1 bathroom, which makes no sense because there is ample space that it could have been designed with several.

WLAN didn't work in our house and there was a strange older lady Sitting all day in Front of the TV. but it was still very nice

Stay was 4 nites. Was moved from Vertigo A to Vertigo B on Fri. and music very loud. Very good staff.

Hostel staff were very helpful to myself and to all others that I saw interact with staff. They assisted greatly with my stay. Hostel was very clean and had plenty of facilities. Atmosphere was friendly.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Great hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The facilities where top notch, and I really enjoyed my time here.

Nice spacious room. Very clean. Quite at night. In-suite bathroom and toilet made it very comfortable, and being "down stairs" gave privacy. Great location. Close to the metro and famous sights. Wifi connection was not through out the hostel.

A bit expensive but the rooms are big and good.. Breakfast included :)

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Austria

My friend and I stayed in the 8 person room. It was a super nice room, but the bathroom had mold all over the walls which it looked liked they tried to clean off, but it didnt work. The bathroom was overall really gross, sink was clogging up etc. Also there were no lockers provided in the 8 person room, which is ridiculous. But good thing we had good and nice people who stayed with us and didnt steal anything! Staff was very friendly and helpful, good solid breakfast and computers with wifi!

very nice staff, excellent location - right next to the Old port, clean room and bath room

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice staff. Very helpful. Wifi is super spotty

The room was very clean but the walls and cieling in the bathroom had black mold smeared everywhere.

Location is great, close to metro Répubique station. Staff is kind and helpful. But only one lamp in room is very unconvenient.

a very nice hostel! located in the center of marseille, you can rech everything easily by feet. nice staff, clean, huge rooms for a good price. i recommend staying there!

• 29th Sep 2014

The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and breakfast was good (fresh bread every morn). Although the wifi was really bad from the room, we managed to meet many people and had a great time. The hostel is located very near the old port and metro so it was easy to go to most places.

• 27th Sep 2014

I totally recommend this hostel! Staff is really open and gentle, facilities are great and the location is amazing.

Best I have seen in France

Really good staff,very helpful!

I had a great time at this hostel. The showers and rooms were clean and I never had a problem with bugs. I think the staff makes this place. This hostel has such a nice and helpful staff. I can't remember his name (the Canadian guy) was really nice and told us about a cool concert to go to, thanks to him we had one of our best nights there. Overall a great hostel.

Very nice place. Unfortunately there are not really enough bathrooms (I had just one toilet and one shower for four people, which was insufficient at times). And on the last day there was a big school group there that ate all the breakfast offerings before I could have any (very frustrating). Other than that, though, great spot. Very convenient location.