Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

great staff, great position, nice atmosphere, if it was a little bit cheaper would be Perfect

The location is good, right near the main port. Rooms and facilities are very clean and the breakfast was good. The internet didn't work the hole time we were there but that may have been a temporary problem. Overall I would recommend it.

Hostel had big dorm rooms with two bathrooms which was great. Not your typical backpacker crowd when I was there. Seemed to be quite a few men staying there who were actually working in Marseille, which made the atmosphere a little odd. Had stuff stolen from the fridge. They have a few communal computers and good wifi. Yummy bread for breakfast.

Location is very ideal with nice restaurants in the vicinity. Room is relatively clean although no one came to clean the toilets during the three nights we were there. The walls are extremely thin with holes on the floor which allowed conversations from the next room could be heard clearly. Some of the hostel staff were very helpful with one exceptionally rude staff who told us to stop talking in the communal area because he was on the phone, and then proceeded to play loud music afterwards.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Nice place

• 12th Jan 2014

Really close to the port and metro station, clean rooms, good wifi, free computers for use, big common area, friendly and helpful staff and good breakfast! Went during the off season so it was pretty empty and not many people spoke English.

I was in the female 4 room It's really nice.

The hostel staff was very friendly and good.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Finland

Fantastic hostel. I stayed longer it was that good.

I really liked being there, the room was big and i like the idea of doing the dishes instead of using plastic ones. I'd give them a 9.

I stayed at Vertigo for 2 nights. Good location, easy to find, and the staff was really helpful. Overall, its got a cool and relaxing vibe. The dorm room had two floors, beds on the upper level, bathroom/shower on the lower. Really helps to prevent disturbing other travelers. Breakfast was pretty standard like most hostels, but its a good time/place to meet people. I'd definitely stay again!

This hostel itself is pretty cool. The rooms are spacious and I really liked how the bathrooms/showers/water closets were set up. The free breakfast is wonderful, in fact, probably the best I have ever had while staying in a hostel.

the place is really nice, the rooms very clean and confortable. There is a kitchen, a compter to use, and a really confortable comon room. the atmosphere is nice and is easy to get there with the metro.

That was my second stay at Vertigo Vieux-Port where I particularly like the location very very close to the center of life in Marseille. I had booked for 2 nights: one bed in a 4 bed female dorm. When I arrived I was given a bed on top of the only double bunkbed. Being the 4th person of the dorm when I arrived around 3:00pm, I was unlucky to find only 3 lockers and of course none was left for me... Too bad !

• 29th Dec 2013

No wifi in the room and no one repaire it.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • China

Excellent stay. Warm welcome and friendliness of staff. Very clean and cosy..Good value for money.

• 21st Dec 2013

The place was not clean. Hallways echoed so it was always noisy.

Very close to Vieux Port and popular shopping streets, super clean, breakfast included, always people meeting and talking in the kitchen/dining room/common room. Very quiet and secure.

nice clean place. wifi worked almost everywhere. good security. there is a small kitchen. decent location near the harbour

The rooms are amazing