Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Very good location, only an unfriendly neighbour who likes to trow eggs at night could spoil the fun.

Clean and tidy 2 bed shared room in building b, with good shower and bed. Thank you.

Nice facilities, good location. Helpful staff. Rooms are clean and spacious!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was just ok, but it was free so no complaints. It was very close to the port and only took a few minutes to walk into the the nightlife area. One of the better hostels I have stayed at before.

Overall pretty good place to stay, breakfast is included. Walking distance to vieux port station, shops and restaurants. Beware of mosquitoes if you're prone to bites

I was lucky enough to stay in one of their attic rooms in building A. So atmospheric! And the kitchen was so bright and inviting we loved hanging out there in the mornings and having breakfast together as well as spending time cooking in the evenings. Very homey!

Hi ! You have no idea how much we are happy to know that you had such a good time with us. Regards Remy

Pro: Good place to meet people and a nice location. Con: Due to neighbours you must be very quiet after 10. One person got curry sauce thrown at them by the grumpy neighbour.

Simply amazing: perfect location, friendly and helpful staff, really clean and cheap. The hostel possesses two buildings in the hilly part of the city, quite near the old port. Common room where chilling out is big and furnished well. Breakfast is abundant. We shared a room with 4 beds, big and comfortable. In spite of the bad reputation Marseille got, the place is safe.

Beautiful big loft style rooms.

The staff was cool especially the young man from poland. He was welcoming and helpfull. I stayed in bldg C which was not in the same receiption bldg. the room is wide and has a kitchen in it and a bathroom. the only issue i faced was the electric socket wasn't around my bed and poor wifi signal. everything eles was great. i met a group in the room which made my stay in Marseille so awsom.

only thing not so good: i was in a 4-bed-dormitory, but there were only 3 small cupboards you could lock with a padlock. this means: one of the 4 persons has no possibility to keep her values in a locked place. if there are 4 beds, there should be 4 cupboards as well.

• 25th Aug 2014

Vertigo Vieux-Port was a nice small hostel. It was clean but a bit shabby. It was easy to find and near to Notre Dame and the harbour, which was very nice. But it took a bit of walking from the metro and we had to take the metro from the railway station. Breakfast was free, pretty limited with baguette and cereals but anyway it was nice to have some breakfast. It was nice to have a kitchen but there were also lots of restaurants near by. Very friendly staff!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Location is great. Clean and comfortable hostel. Breakfast helps who is traveling on a budget.

Really a good place to stay in Marseille.

Decent hostel. Not many complaints, however the toilet and bathroom smelt a lot in our 5 bed dorm (although they were clean) and the air con had no remote. The included breakfast was very good (baguettes w jam and cerial). Location was great. Less than 5 mins walk from Viex Port. Overall solid hostel.

it will be better if the kitchen has more common things for cooking. such as knives, spoons, oil, salt, etc.

This hostel was fine. Nothing too special, the breakfast was great though. and they have a kitchen that is provided for you to use.

Having guests clean their breakfast cups and cutlery means you can't guarantee proper levels of cleanliness. Is this even legal in a public guesthouse?

• 17th Aug 2014

My only complaint is one of the workers was pretty rude, an insulted my nationality in French (since he knew I wouldn't understand) which was unwarranted. But all the other staff was very nice and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful and in an amazing location. I highly recommend it :) plus free breakfast!

The hostel was OK. My sister and I stayed in a private room. She didn't sled because of a mosquito but apart from that we had a laugh. The room was basic but nice. The location is great. I would personally not go back to Marseille ever because it's a massive ghetto but if I were to go back I would consider staying there again.

• 16th Aug 2014