Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Had a great time here, mostly because there is a LARGE common room in Vertigo B building which I met a lot of great people from around the world. Room was big and had 2 washrooms with 2 showers, this was amazing. Over all had an excellent stay here.

Thank you for this excellent review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. regards, Remy

i didn't forget spend time in here. staffs are very kindly and friendly. kitchen is good. everything is gooooood!!!!!

Big, spacious dorm rooms which was a lovely change from the usual cramped rooms. Very clean. Staff very friendly. The free breakfast was pretty decent. The kitchen is a little small but there was never really a queue for it so it wasn't a problem. Can't fault the place at all.

A very good place to stay.

Good location, decent enough bunks, weak wifi in most parts of hostel

Everything was superb except for the wifi, but overall excellent place would recommend highly

Thank you, Yes we are working on the wifi situation, but nobody was able to tell us what is the problem yet. We'll fix it as soon as possible. All the best and see you soon.

Great Hostel! The biggest rooms I have ever seen, good security with lockers, excellent kitchen in the common area. The common room always had people in it, so it was great for meeting people! The only thing that was inconvenient was the wifi came in and out a lot in my building (B), but it always worked next to the computers in the main building so you always had access.

• 19th Jul 2014

Nice hostel. there was a disco below us on the Fri night so it was very noisy

Hi, This place is not allowed to open but sometimes they go over the rule. We are very sorry, but it is a problem we take good care of right now. Best regards,

Some crazy guys shouting at night, nobody cares~

Great location near the old port, internet could be better, was none existent during stay.

It´s a good hostel considering price / benefit. The only problem is the noise: we can hear people in others rooms and slamming doors all the time. It should also be warned that the bedroom is on a mezzanine for the person to prepare for the stairs. Large room and comfortable bed although small. Normal breakfast of hostels in general, but could post signs with explanations of how everything works in the kitchen because we were kind of lost.

Great location, helpful staff but after the night shift guy said he would put out an early breakfast for me before an early train and didn't, I was a bit disappointed. Everything else was great! Thanks

I WAS SO IMPRESSED BY VERTIGO VIEUX-PORT THAT I EXTENDED MY STAY BY TWO WEEKS. THAT SHOULD BE A GOOD INDICATION OF HOW HAPPY I WAS WITH THE ACCOMMODATION, STAFF AND FACILITIES.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! We are so glad you had a good time! See you next time Regards,

Only complaint is that the free breakfast was pretty much just a baguette with butter (no toast) and coffee.

The lockers had shelves that were only big enough to hold small items. Overall everything was really clean, but I found a live cockroach in the reception bathroom the morning I left.

Huge rooms and common area

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

You cannot beat this location! Surprisingly easy to get to from the main bus/train station, just take the metro to vieux port and it's about a 5-10 minute walk from the station. overall I found it a bit pricey for what you get. The breakfast is basic, the kitchen is barly a kitchen (one hot plate for everyone to cook on), and the towels you can rent for a euro are hand towels (they will not cover your body). also the ac in the room has to be control by a remote that only the front desk has

• 12th Jul 2014

Hi, You are right we don't give the remotes for the AC because when people don't understand something they press every button and we have had to have someone come to fix the whole system up. There is someone at reception 24/7 though and they'll turn it on and off as much as you like. I'm glad you had a nice stay though. Rgards,

The staff were very unfriendly, and not very willing to help, but the faciliies were very good - a social environment for people to het to know each other.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Hi, I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with our staff. I'll let them know and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Fantastic location by the port, only two subway stops from the central station.  A few downsides: The road outside was noisy at night. Kitchen facilities are limited. Lockers have shelves in so you can't put a full bag inside which would be useful. Overall I thought the hostel was beautiful. The staff were very helpful and put the breakfast out early since we were leaving early in the morning.

The Hostel is close to the Railway station. However, it's located in a non so safe place for a girl alone after 10pm. Moreover, a policeman warned us about leaving the car close to the Station, there are lot of robbery by night. The room was really good but at the last floor without lift.