Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Location is good, room is big but a bit separated from the main building

Location is very close to the port, restaurants, beach and shops. No first aid kit in the property, staff just recomended finding a pharmacy.

Hey! We already replaced our first aid kit. We are sorry it was empty when you needed it. Hopefully you'll come back again. All the best

A very well located hostel with basic facilties. The atmosphere was great and I met some awesome people there! The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. The shower just didn't work so well and maybe adding in towels would make it better! Other than that I really enjoyed my stay there.

Hey! We are very happy to know that you had a nice time with us. All the best

Good location, great staff! Good atmosphere too. No wifi in the rooms was my only issue.

Hey! thank you for your comment. We are working right now at connecting this room to the internet. It is a bit difficult but we are doing everything we can. All the best.

If you get a chance then stay in the 8 bed dorm! It's in a separate building which looks like a shack but inside it is really incredible. Basically a luxury, huge apartment for 8 people with your own shower, bathroom and kitchen! 20 min walk from train station, 20 min walk to the Notre Dame. Free computers to use. Must be one of the best hostels around.

The stay at Vertigo was really great. Nice staff, big rooms and all the best of the city around you. Thank you very much.

Thank you for this wonderful review. All the best.

no lockers in rooms! no wifi in some of the rooms(mine among others) nice staff,and cool hostel. it was a nice stay

This hostel is located a just a few minutes from the harbour. Great atmosphere and staff.

I loved this hostel. Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, and it was very social so it was easy to meet people. Will stay there again the next time I'm in Marseille

Cool hostel close very close to the old port but no social life at all during my stay. If you want a quite place to stay, this place is for you.

Spacious room, 2 kitchens are good and breakfast included!!

Thank you for your comment!

Nice hostel for price. Would stay again

Very good location. Very friendly. They can speak good English! Strongly recommended!

I stayed at the Vertigo hostel for 2 nights 4 person mixed-dorm and found the staff to be very kind, helpful and bilingual (english and french)! The rooms are very spacious and there is plenty room between the beds. The bathroom and shower rooms are clean and well-kept. What I appreciated most was the number of rooms designated for just chilling and socializing with other travellers! Highly Recommended!

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel has everything to provide a nice stay. It is very clean but more bare boned. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The metro is close and the hostels location is amazing. The hostel is in two buildings. One is across an alley way that is only gates at night and the door to the other building is open until night time, anyone could get into the building. However the staff actually walks around and checks the buildings. The other building is across from a club, so bring ear plugs

Hey! Thank you for your nice comment! the B building is open until 5pm usually because we need the airflow! ;) Yes we walk in and out of this building from time to time to check that everything is ok.

Very nice hostel had all the amenities one could ask for and then some, within walking distance to many of the sites and about 6 or 7 minutes from the metro. Only quarrel with the place was that the staff, while helpful, didn't seem to engage the backpackers or guests only if you initiated a conversation or asked a question would they acknowledge you. Rooms were huge with high ceilings and a sun roof. The place was very clean and locked up tight, lockers in the rooms and key card access

Hey! You are right, sometimes, we don't have time to engage a discussion with all of you but we've taken your comment into consideration and we'll try to do better from now on! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay anyway! Regards

Very well located, staff uber friendly, good breakfast!

It wasn't the cleanest hostel i've been to but it does the job. The free breakfast was really nice and the staff were friendly. The location wasn't bad either, right by the port.

Hi! We are so sorry to hear that your room was not clean! you didn't give specifics though. I'll keep an eye on it! thank you for letting me know.

This is my second time at Vertigo Vieux port, it's one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff members are all friendly, professional, and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location is perfect. Breakfast is free and tasty. I absolutely recommend this hostel, my only complaint would have to be the public refrigerator was packed and had obviously not been cleaned in a while. Otherwise everything is absolutely perfect and I will definitely be staying again.

Thank you very much! We are always happy to know that people come back to our hostel. Fridges are cleaned every week, then it depends on how people respect the cleanliness or not. We'll be more careful and try to clean it twice a week All the best

Perfect location!! 2 min walk from the main port area with bars and restaurants