Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Wifi sucks, keeps cutting off unless u are inside the reception or computer room, location is good but the workers arent very friendly and people dont really interact there, they dont offer walking tours either i believe, love marseille but not this hostel

We are so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with us.

Everything was great. The place is much better that it appears on the pictures. The only complain is about the Internet connection. Sometimes you can spend more than one hour to send few pics. It's not just due to the spot you are. I used to change location and the result was exactly the same. I believe the local network lowers your priority based on the quantity of data you use.

Marie est une excellente receptioniste, elle met a l'aise tres rapidement et est tres sympatique ! Marie the receptionist is really nice, and welcoming Thank youu ! :) Yves GRONDIN

• 31st Oct 2015

Staff was always friendly. Good and complete breakfast (hostel breakfast). Noisy beds. Clean

my only problem was the fact that there was no hairdryer, but overall a great experience. I would recommend this place to all my friends.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Hairdryers would be nice, otherwise: thanks for the great stay!

Well located, great facilities, lovely staff. Wifi isn't the greatest and I had a large group come in to my room and turn all the lights on 3 separate times after 11pm, which was annoying but not necessarily the hostels fault. Maybe a reminder to people checking in to be respectful.

Very convenient location, super friendly staff And a good vibe. Many thanks!!!

• 26th Oct 2015

Frankly, the Vertigo Vieux-Port is good but nothing special. Our room and the common rooms were well kept, but the bathroom wasn't particularly nice. The bathroom floor wasn't very clean and the room had an unpleasant smell. In addition, I was very disappointed about an occurence that happened during my stay. The second night of our trip, without notice, there was a private event in the common room/kitchen barring us from using a space we paid for. The event went on til 1:30AM keeping us up.

• 25th Oct 2015

Vertigo is a good hostel in a good location, close to the Vieux Port. Marseille is an easy city to walk around and this hostel is close to the nightlife of the city. It's clean, and the staff is helpful. I went during the low season so it wasn't very packed, I would think the atmosphere would be a lot better during the summer.

Duvets or the like would've been good for beds: it was lucky it was hot because all we were given were sheets. Breakfast was good. Nice staff. Friendly atmosphere and people

• 22nd Oct 2015

Good service from the staff. No soap in the bathrooms. I had to exit the main building to go through an alley about 30 meters to get to my dorm, which was no big deal for me but if I were a girl at night this might be a little unnerving. At one point I couldn't get into my room because the lock had rotated in the door - called reception, they were able to help. 24 hour reception was great because I had an early train. Location was good and central, close to the water.

Cool hostel, 2 showers in the one room for 5 beds - efficiency!

everything was perfect!

My bed was kind of open in the middle of the room and I felt weird sleeping there... I really wish there were sheets I could have pulled shut around the bed to give privacy while I slept, especially since I went to bed early and people were coming in all through the night. there were no lockers in the room to secure my things during the day either. No outlet close to the bed. People would leave the room door open during the day. Room was kind of in a back alley thing. Sort of strange location

Really friendly place and spotless :)

Staff were nice enough..the night guy when I checked in was in no hurry at all. The malfunctioning doors (key cards didn't work) were a pain. The breakfast is pretty laughable - high-sugar muesli was the healthiest thing available after orange juice. The baguette was pretty good but the jam is terrible. Disappointing for Provence. Location's great, 4-bed format was great, beds very squeaky. Wifi works medium-well. Toilet paper not well-stocked. Washrooms should have soap for us..that's basic.

Good location, friendly staff, but no towels and some unclear instructions about breakfast. One of the best in Marseille.

It was a bit annoying that I was on the top floor with no elevator and once I got to my room the beds were at the top of another flight of stairs. Another problem was that there weren't individual lights. It was great that the room had its own bathroom.

newly decoration with friendly atmosphere, the bedroom is cozy and tidy, a very comfortable staying experience! It seems that I cann't find any fault here.

• 11th Oct 2015