Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Very nice hostel to stay in, nothing to complain. I would definitely recommend forward, had a great stay!

Almost Everything about this hostel was grea, I highly recomend it as a place to stay. However the internet was really really slow.

Good location and infra-estrutcuter

It's not a bad choice to stay here. the location is very good especially. The breakfast is not a surprise, jam, bread, juice and milk. Staying in the room is a little bit too dark since there were only too lights in the room for four people. And there's no air condition and it's kinda hot staying Marseilles in end of May without big windows and air con.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you were too hot in the room but there is air con in every room. You just need to come at reception so we can put it on! Some people want it, some people don't. so it mostly depends on who stayed in your room the night before your arrival Maybe next time alright?

It is located right next to the Vieux Port. We got individual room key for good security. Great breakfast was provided to full our belly.

worse service experience I've ever had, front desk guy should not be in customer serive all other staff was great, If it wasn't for that guy I would definitely recommend.

• 26th May 2014

Great and easy to find location. Kitchen is well equipped. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm that was reasonably cosy. Bathroom facility was clean. Late afternoon/night staff were really helpful.

Great hostel, sad that out room specifically didn't have wifi, we'll we got our own kitchen instead, which is good enough

Great location, great security, great cleanliness. Yes, it's a bit up a hill, and yes there are stairs. The wifi is a bit spotty in several areas of the building, including the kitchen/eating area. Breakfast leaves a bit to be desired (it's baguettes and jam and a dirty coffeemaker). Not at all a social atmosphere, and people pretty much keep to themselves. I asked the staff about events or a pub crawl or something, which seemed completely unusual. But they were helpful with everything else.

It was a great great experience, what i really liked was the spacious size of bedrooms, and facilities in them , I´ll hightly reccomend the hostel, Paula.

• 23rd May 2014

I was expecting more from a hostel in the prestigious list of famous hostel. It was an above average hostel, but then again Merseille is an above-average city. Everything was as expected, but nothing was spectacular.

I can't begin to tell you how amazing this hostel is! If your going to Marseille then this is the hostel for you! I have been all over and this is by the best hostel for your buck!

• 19th May 2014

We were in the mixed 8 bed dorm and the room is huge and has a small kitchen. You have to hold up the shower head when you shower and there's only one shower for 8 people (and the toilet is in there too). No wifi in this dorm. In the main area you have to sit in very specific locations to get wifi (annoying!). Hostel was in decent location, close to the beach and shopping. You walk about 15-20 minutes to get to the hostel from the metro. The staff were pretty friendly, the girl was super nice!

This was a great hostel. Very unique in its look and architecture. I don't know if I would stay here again just because Marseille isn't my cup of tea but this hostel was a great break from the city.

The hotel is so good, very comfortable,and the people is warm,The only problem is has no WIFi in the 8mix bedroom. but anyway it is very good for this price. what is important the position is so good near the centre of Marseille.

This place has a fantastic atmosphere. The dorm for 6 persons are spacious and you have plenty of space to put your stuff. Only thing is....They changed the bed sheet very often but not the blanket because I found many dust and hair sticking on it which is pretty gross. You may find restaurant or department store nearby. Very friendly staffs even the helpers. Only issue is the safety problem in Marseille itself, nothing to do with hostel. So guys be more cautious when you're in the city. :)

Perfectly friendly staff, pleasant room, well placed location for most things you'd want to do with the one downside of an incline on the way up. Would recommend as a place to stay while exploring the city.

This was a pretty nice hostel. The room was spacious and had an ensuite with separate toilet and shower. There were lots of power points and the beds were quite comfortable. There was a good size common area and a small kitchen to cook in. Good location and the staff were really helpful.

Very clean hostel,helpful staff and good location

• 9th May 2014
  • Zambia

Average hostel Great location and reasonably clean but the facilities and staff were ordinary. The hostel occupies two buildings which are next to each other. We were in the second one which had a makeshift kitchen set up using very old appliances. We asked several times for the wifi to be fixed in the second building and the staff said they would be never did. Beds aren't numbered so it's first in best dressed (bad for those who are traveling as a couple and want the same bunk!)