Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Super friendly and helpful staff. The room along with the common area and kitchen are really spacious. Definitely stay here again on my next visit to Marseille!

It is a nice place but the prices vary so much from one date to another! it is very expensive for a city like Marseille, the prices equal or overweigh hostels in a capital city!

• 17th Nov 2014

Prices vary so much because we offer BIG discounts during the winter season! You paid 12€ for this night, how can it be too expensive? Do you think this is a price you'll pay in Paris? Believe me, it is not!

Booking was easy and clever, location superb, and easy to find. Staff was allright, and room was very spacious with 3 out of 5 beds occupied. breakfast was free, but only served from 08.00, which was a pity because i had to leave around 7.

• 17th Nov 2014

The room is very clean and spacious. The staff is very nice. When we arrived at marseille, we did not have much cash at hand. The stuff helped us figure out whether there is Deutsche Bank nearby or not. Besides, even though we have checked out in the morning, we could still leave our luggage at the hostel till afternoon.

The internet didn't work in my room which was frustrating. I really liked the the kitchen facilities and the breakfast was nice.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey ! Next time internet doesn't work come at reception, we will reset the box and then everything is back to normal! There is usually no problem with wifi in building B!

I stayed 4 nights at this hostel. the staff was really nice, and the location is perfect! but at night, room was quite cold and the soundproof was not so good so a little noisy. but generally I was satisfied. room was very spacious and clean. of course, the price is good. (even it includes breakfast)

Simply a really nice place to stay! Pleasant Atmosphere, charming Interior, nice people (guests and staff), good location (spots of all interests (culture, shopping, sightseeing, touring) within a walking distance) AND you can prepare your own meal in kitchen (& get in touch with other guests easily and naturally)! If I'll be around again, this will be the place to stay!!! :)

• 13th Nov 2014

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! See you next time! Regards, Remy

The location of this hostel is excellent ! By far the best hostel I've stayed at. The hosts Andrea and Sophia were very helpful. Located 2 minutes from the Promenade de Anglais, I couldn't have asked for anything better. The room was excellent and had an enormous bathroom. Would definitely come back here again !

Nice place centrally located, close to the metro and old port. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and clean. Showers are good, great pressure and good temperature.

Mark with a sign 'vertigo hostel' at the entrance on the street because the street looks a bit creepy and no one would think that street is where the hostel would be located. Plus, is quite a lot to walk up till the hostel.

Hey ! There is a sign right above our door! Unfortunately Marseille doesn't allow us to put a sign down the street .... You're right, you have to walk up about 200m to reach us, but marseille is a hilly city! Wherever you go, it will be up and down. Hope you had a nice stay with us anyway! ;)

Overall, I had a good stay here. Rooms are clean and spacious. It's close to the main sight-seeing destinations. The free breakfast was great. But there is no wifi in the rooms and the overall atmosphere was lacking.

Only stayed here one night so was hard to judge but was a nice place, good communal areas. The wifi is pretty patchy and the hostel is split into two buildings so you have to go outside in the middle.

Hey!! Sorry you had troubles with wifi! We now fixed it! Hope to see you next time you come to marseille. Remy

Second visit, again very pleased. Room with lot of space, clean. Nice building, nearby the port where all the action is but away from noise. Very good breakfast, kitchen in block C is a bit to small during busy mornings, had to eat breakfast outside due to lack of space but that i didnt mind. Love to stay here and i am willing to return. Keep up the good work!

Hey !! Glad to know you're willing to spend more time with us!! Next time kitchen in C is busy, go have breakfast in building B, your key will let you in there too! ;) Regards, Remy

The staff at reception were very friendly and very helpful! The dorms were very large and had two bathrooms which was a luxury. The only bad thing about this hostel was that it was down a dodgy ally way and at night if you were walking home be sure not to walk alone.

The hostel is very nice. we really liked building B, and the kitchen there. We got very good tips for restaurants and bars from the staff! The rooms and bathroom are very comfortable. Some small tips: only one computer worked. The lockers didn't have a lock (i ask the staff). The website says you provide lockers. thank you for a lovely stay

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Staff were very friendly and keen to help out. The rooms were clearly cleaned each day which was very nice. I also like having the two showers in the room - very useful for 5 people getting ready at the same time. The wifi was good in the room, which was useful as I had to do uni work while away. I think more info about the local area should have been available at the hostel though. Also bring your own padlock for the storage.

• 28th Oct 2014

Well located, close to the port with its restaurants and bars and not far from the metro, and it's only two stops from Saint Charles station. Breakfast is good continental fare, wi-fi is a little spotty.

I've been there for three nights. The hostel is nice and the staff is very caring. Their bedroom and bathroom are really clean and the wi fi into the bedroom is ok. You better bring your own padlock for the lockers. It's close to vieux port and subways. However, I think their breakfast could be much better than it was.

• 26th Oct 2014

recommended!

Great value, great location. I met a bunch of rad folks drinking in the lounge. The room I stayed in only had 3 lockers but luckily no one got stiffed. One building has a more roomier lounge area and kitchen than the other. I would stay again