Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Nice hostel, close to the centre, close to a supermarket. The staff is friendly. You can use the kitchen wich is very handy. Only thing that could be better is to have airconditioned rooms, they are quite warm at night. Luckily in the 2 pers private room there is airconditioning, but you also pay more. Anyway, a good hostel that I would recommend to anyone!

• 14th Sep 2015

This is the first hostel I've ever been to and it was great. Relatively cheap for what you get. I loved it. The people are super friendly and helpful. Very close to nice restaurants and shops too

Only stayed one night but staff was friendly and it was in a good location, right near the port.

The rooms are beautiful and the staff is very helpful. Everything is clean and the breakfast is amazing! It literally was one of the best hostels I stayed in. Thumbs up!

building,room,bathroom and shower room are very beautiful and clean. Staff is very friendly and kind. Especially,Hamid is really helpful. He has great hospitality.

Great location near the port and very close to all the major tourist points. Staff quite helpful in answering questions. You need to supply your own lock and the locker only fits hand luggage. Breakfast is not very good. The wifi was good contrary to other reviews I had read but you need to select the correct zone, ie C, depending on where your room is otherwise the signal strength is very poor. Would highly recommend this hostel

Staff was very helpful. Large common areas with couches a plus. Nice location about 2-3 minute walk from the subway. Grocery store and bakery right around the corner.

Large rooms but loud noise in the night from the club nearby means its difficult to sleep.

Friendly staff and environment. Definitely not as high class as other hostels that I've been to, but it does the job. It's very social - I met many new people. Overall a great stay :) the only thing, is I wish they had towels available. I knew they didn't when I arrived, but it still would have been nice to not air dry or carry around my own!

Amazing atmosphere and always so many things to see in Marseille, from which it is only a short walk from the hostel.

friendly staff, local bar has discount drinks with hostel coupon. spacious dorm rooms with ensuite. Separate shower and toilet, but sink for washing hands was in shower room. Decent kitchen, patchy wifi.

Nice hostel, good location. Only stayed one night but was very convenient, Room was clean although there was no remote for the air con unit.

• 2nd Sep 2015

I really enjoyed my 1weel stay at this hostel. It is well located and perfect for meeting other travelers if you are travedlling alone.

Loved my stay! Luggage storage was very secure. It's under lock & key and the attendant stays with you. When I came into the room the housekeeper was just leaving, everything was tidy and sanitary. Could pick up wifi in the room, but not in the common area. Wish there was a soap dispenser in the shower room for washing hands. Area feels safe and easily accessed by metro & bus from the train station, or it's only a 30 minute walk. Single woman, traveling alone, felt very safe. Would recommend!

• 1st Sep 2015

Nice hostel. Very good location. The staff at reception was very helpful and friendly. The dorm where I stayed was huge with en suite bathroom and kitchen. Good free breakfast.

Nice and well located hostel. Friendly staff. Simple breakfast, with some cereals, bread, coffee and tea. The rooms are spacious, which is good, but the place isn't that clean (I stayed in really dusty room).

We stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm which was basically a converted barn separate from the rest of the hostel. The wifi connection was unreliable and the staff weren't helpful in rectifying the problem. There were 8 people sharing one ensuite and the toilet wasn't separate so you could be waiting long time to use the bathroom if someone was in the shower and the bathroom was never cleaned during our stay. It was overpriced for what you get, we've stayed in much better for much less.

This hostel was mostly amazing!! Loved the location and the atmosphere. There is always people out in the common rooms. The only things that sucked was the wifi is not good. It works perfectly in your room but not in the main areas. The breakfast is just cereal & bread. And my bed was broken... And they didn't have space to change me :( everything else was great. I would totally recommend this place .

It's a good hostel, but I expected something better. Location is the best feature. The common areas are big and well furnished. I stayed in the 8beds room that is separated from the main buildings, has one ensuite bathroom only that was not so clean and the wi-fi was really poor (I've got a French number with 3G, but it could be annoying for foreign people). The receptionists were kind enough, but did not try to create any sort of atmosphere. I met good people though and my stay was pleasant.

Nice, very clean hostel, just steps from the old port itself.. I also appreciated the good baguettes and good coffee they offered for breakfast, less so the weak wifi signal, but I guess that's because of the thick walls and layout of the building. The cleaning lady does a great job, the young brunette at the reception however could learn some "hospitality" though, as everything seemed to be a bother to her... in contrast to the young guy working there who could give her lessons about it.