Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The staff was cool especially the young man from poland. He was welcoming and helpfull. I stayed in bldg C which was not in the same receiption bldg. the room is wide and has a kitchen in it and a bathroom. the only issue i faced was the electric socket wasn't around my bed and poor wifi signal. everything eles was great. i met a group in the room which made my stay in Marseille so awsom.

only thing not so good: i was in a 4-bed-dormitory, but there were only 3 small cupboards you could lock with a padlock. this means: one of the 4 persons has no possibility to keep her values in a locked place. if there are 4 beds, there should be 4 cupboards as well.

• 25th Aug 2014

Vertigo Vieux-Port was a nice small hostel. It was clean but a bit shabby. It was easy to find and near to Notre Dame and the harbour, which was very nice. But it took a bit of walking from the metro and we had to take the metro from the railway station. Breakfast was free, pretty limited with baguette and cereals but anyway it was nice to have some breakfast. It was nice to have a kitchen but there were also lots of restaurants near by. Very friendly staff!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Location is great. Clean and comfortable hostel. Breakfast helps who is traveling on a budget.

Really a good place to stay in Marseille.

Decent hostel. Not many complaints, however the toilet and bathroom smelt a lot in our 5 bed dorm (although they were clean) and the air con had no remote. The included breakfast was very good (baguettes w jam and cerial). Location was great. Less than 5 mins walk from Viex Port. Overall solid hostel.

it will be better if the kitchen has more common things for cooking. such as knives, spoons, oil, salt, etc.

This hostel was fine. Nothing too special, the breakfast was great though. and they have a kitchen that is provided for you to use.

Having guests clean their breakfast cups and cutlery means you can't guarantee proper levels of cleanliness. Is this even legal in a public guesthouse?

• 17th Aug 2014

My only complaint is one of the workers was pretty rude, an insulted my nationality in French (since he knew I wouldn't understand) which was unwarranted. But all the other staff was very nice and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful and in an amazing location. I highly recommend it :) plus free breakfast!

The hostel was OK. My sister and I stayed in a private room. She didn't sled because of a mosquito but apart from that we had a laugh. The room was basic but nice. The location is great. I would personally not go back to Marseille ever because it's a massive ghetto but if I were to go back I would consider staying there again.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

just a great place! in the vieux port, housed in old building completely renewed. friendly and smiling staff. if i will be in Marseille again, i will most definitely be back.

it is very good for me to stay here. the staffs here are very nice and good to answer my questions. they are nice to help visitors to know more about this city. the facilities are good and complete.

I booked 3 nights at the hostel (it was a brilliant stay) but unfortunately i had to move bedrooms each night. I know i made a late booking but the majority of people I encountered had the same issue. The staff did not seem to have common sense in rearranging the rooms on the system. I was also asked for my passport 3 times despite being the same staff member. Just seemed like a waste of their time. Despite this, I would recommend the place.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very clean as far as hostels go. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are a decent size with comfortable beds. Breakfasts included-bonus!

• 15th Aug 2014

Good location, friendly and helpful staff. There were a lot of older people staying at this hostel, so its a good place to stay if you are not looking to meet people, and if you are I recommend going somewhere else.

The hostel is very well located, clean and the staff are welcoming and always ready to help.

• 14th Aug 2014

I liked the hostel, the guy at the reception was very friendly and the location was great. The room was nice but to have a kitchen within a dorm which is shared by people who are not travelling together is not ideal, for example you want to sleep and someone is cooking dinner... No lockers in the bedroom and the place was not very clean. Breakfast could have more variety, for instance, fruit or yogurts...

Clean, friendly staff, close to the port. None bad thing about hostel.

everything a backpacker needs was there. just got this rude guy sometimes at night.