Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The location was just perfect and the staff was really friendly and helpful! Specially thanks to Sebastian and to the other boy from the reception for his really helpful information about places to see in Marseille. Definitely propose it to friends!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

Had a great stay here! For a hostel in Marseille I don't think you can do any better. Awesome location close to the port. Good security--large lockers and front desk must buzz you in. Good breakfast and good wifi! Would recommend and would probably stay at again.

Staff was excellent and helpful for getting around town. The kitchen was a little small, but otherwise, great place to stay! Definitely not a party hostel, so if that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere.

• 1st Aug 2014

It was a great location right next to the Vieux Port/metro and not far from most of the city's main attractions. Great atmosphere and easy to meet young people and friendly travelers. It was a bit pricy, but in terms of what Marseille offers, it is a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it. The staff were mosty very friendly, but there are one or two that do not speak English well enough to avoid sounding brusque. The breakfst was solid: some tasty baguettes, cereal, and juice.

Quite expensive, from my point of view.

The rooms were very spacious and the hostel is only about a five minute walk from the Vieux-Port. Staff were very helpful, down to giving us advice on what to bring as a gift to a French lunch date. However, our room had no kind of lockers for locking up valuables, and if anyone cleaned our room during out stay it didn't show. The floor and bathroom were pretty gross, but sheets and bedding were clean. Dish towels were not replaced and we had no extras in the room. Still, would stay again anyway

Love love.

Hi! I'm glad to see you had a good time here! See you soon

The only complaint I had was that I wish there was an elevator in this hostel but other than that the rooms where very big and comfortable. This hostel is perfect for a backpacker and just a couple nights stay.

HI! You are right, there is no elevator, but the problem is, as you might have noticed, the rooms are not above reception, that is why we cannot put an elevator in the hotel. I'm glad to know that it was just a minor inconvenient for you. Thanks for the review and see you soon.

Improve breakfast...milk was hot...no napkins...no bread ...no elevador....and a lot of stairs even in th Rooms

Hi, I'm very sorry if milk was hot, but it stays on the fridge until we put it out on the table. If you came late, yes, it might have warmed up a bit, but i doubt it was hot. We have one floor only, it cannot really qualify as "a lot of stairs" and some rooms have an upper floor, it is true that it is not possible for us to put an elevator because of the structure of the building. we are very sorry for these inconvenients

I enjoyed my stay and met some great people. There is a kitchen and seating area which is available all day and a good space for meeting people. Aside from that the room was clean and beds comfortable.

It has been as great as the last times we have been there!! We love to come back.

• 26th Jul 2014

Great hostel, clean, good staff, great location. The common room in Vertigo B was a really great space for making friends in the hostel. A lot of solo travelers here. If I were to go back to Marseilles I would stay here again. Even though there was a gathering of people in the common room my room was still very quiet.

Hi, I'm so gald you had a nice stay. Regards,

Located right by the old port, lots of good restaurants around. But on the other side away from the water the neighborhood gets very sketchy and I felt uncomfortable walking around at night. Kitchen facilities were seriously lacking-only 1 hot plate for the whole hostel. But the rooms were big and clean (no bunk beds!) and the atmosphere is more on the quieter side, not much of a common area to hang it in besides the kitchen.

HI, I guess you stayed in building C. Didn't you see building B from the kitchen window? You have a huge sitting area there with another kitchen. you are right though, one hotplate is not enough for the whole building. I'll make sure to put a second one soon. Thank you for the review.

Well located and clean with good staff

Facilities are good, two large kitchens and two bathrooms in most dorms. Downstairs in the B building people usually gather after dinner which promotes an excellent atmosphere.

Hey, You are right rooms for 5 and 6 have 2 bathrooms. Super great to know that you had a good stay. See you next time

Overall a good structure, but overpriced. The structure is clean and nice, yes. The breakfast was basically just cereals and milk and they say security lockers are included: you need to have your own lock. i did not have one, I had to wait until the shop was open and buy one for 5 euros. So in total 35 euros for a shered room. At this point i would rather go to a hotel. Also, people at the reception could be more friendly for sure.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Hi. You are right, there are no locks on the lockers, but there used to be! They were stolen many times and we decided not to replace them. Only few hostels provide locks with lockers and most people have one when they travel. Plus you'll have it for your next place. I'll make sure your comment about reception will be heard and be taken into consideration. Regards,

Had a great time here, mostly because there is a LARGE common room in Vertigo B building which I met a lot of great people from around the world. Room was big and had 2 washrooms with 2 showers, this was amazing. Over all had an excellent stay here.

Thank you for this excellent review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. regards, Remy

i didn't forget spend time in here. staffs are very kindly and friendly. kitchen is good. everything is gooooood!!!!!

Big, spacious dorm rooms which was a lovely change from the usual cramped rooms. Very clean. Staff very friendly. The free breakfast was pretty decent. The kitchen is a little small but there was never really a queue for it so it wasn't a problem. Can't fault the place at all.

A very good place to stay.