Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Great hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The facilities where top notch, and I really enjoyed my time here.

Nice spacious room. Very clean. Quite at night. In-suite bathroom and toilet made it very comfortable, and being "down stairs" gave privacy. Great location. Close to the metro and famous sights. Wifi connection was not through out the hostel.

A bit expensive but the rooms are big and good.. Breakfast included :)

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Austria

My friend and I stayed in the 8 person room. It was a super nice room, but the bathroom had mold all over the walls which it looked liked they tried to clean off, but it didnt work. The bathroom was overall really gross, sink was clogging up etc. Also there were no lockers provided in the 8 person room, which is ridiculous. But good thing we had good and nice people who stayed with us and didnt steal anything! Staff was very friendly and helpful, good solid breakfast and computers with wifi!

very nice staff, excellent location - right next to the Old port, clean room and bath room

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice staff. Very helpful. Wifi is super spotty

The room was very clean but the walls and cieling in the bathroom had black mold smeared everywhere.

Location is great, close to metro Répubique station. Staff is kind and helpful. But only one lamp in room is very unconvenient.

a very nice hostel! located in the center of marseille, you can rech everything easily by feet. nice staff, clean, huge rooms for a good price. i recommend staying there!

• 29th Sep 2014

The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and breakfast was good (fresh bread every morn). Although the wifi was really bad from the room, we managed to meet many people and had a great time. The hostel is located very near the old port and metro so it was easy to go to most places.

• 27th Sep 2014

I totally recommend this hostel! Staff is really open and gentle, facilities are great and the location is amazing.

Best I have seen in France

Really good staff,very helpful!

I had a great time at this hostel. The showers and rooms were clean and I never had a problem with bugs. I think the staff makes this place. This hostel has such a nice and helpful staff. I can't remember his name (the Canadian guy) was really nice and told us about a cool concert to go to, thanks to him we had one of our best nights there. Overall a great hostel.

Very nice place. Unfortunately there are not really enough bathrooms (I had just one toilet and one shower for four people, which was insufficient at times). And on the last day there was a big school group there that ate all the breakfast offerings before I could have any (very frustrating). Other than that, though, great spot. Very convenient location.

Good hostel, enjoyed my stay.

Great wifi in building A. Loved the loft 4 bed rooms. Wish check out was later, but good luggage storage facilities. Horrible water pressure in the showers though.. Maybe the shower heads should be changed? Very helpful staff and okay breakfast

• 19th Sep 2014

Very good hostel! And anybody who's unsure Marseille is certainly worth the visit and is much much safer then what you've heard! Loved Marseille!

Everything the hostel was nice, well decorated, very clean, the staff was helpful and nice. I will definitely come back

• 17th Sep 2014

Computers available. Decent breakfast. Great location close enough to restaurants, sights, shops, and transport.