Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

This was the best hostel anyone could have asked for! The building was so stunning and the staff so helpful and nice! The facilities really allow you to meet people if you wish. Had the best advantages of staying in a hostel, without any of the typical annoyances! My room even had a beautiful sun light!

This hostel was amazing. The location is great, within walking distance of all of the sights, and the person who checked me in was amazing. He outlined on the map a lot of great places to check out and showed me pictures on the computer of different sights. I've never had a better welcome. The rooms are comfy as well, no complaints at all.

Hey ! We are super glad to know that you had a great experience with us! Does that mean we'll see you again? I hope so! ;)

Fabulous location, clean rooms, neat and modern. So close to everything, including metro to main train station from which you can go anywhere!! Didn't interact at all with staff but they seemed friendly. Breakfast was good, simple but exactly what you need before a day of exploring beautiful marseille. Atmosphere was okay. Only downside was the smell of the shower in the four bed female dorm. Not sure what was going on there but it was gross. Otherwise wonderful!!

Stayed for a night and had a nice time. Room was clean and tidy, as were the common areas. There are computers at your disposal to use, which I used a few times. The WiFi didn't seem to work in my room to connect to my phone so I had to sit downstairs to use the other WiFi. Apart from that it was a great location and service was friendly.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Liked: the staff were excellent and went out of their way to be helpful to us; the location was good, walking distance to the metro; beds were reasonable and rooms were clean with lockers provided. Disliked: kitchen only had one hot plate to use and the sponges seemed very old and unclean; wifi could be patchy, especially in the kitchen or common room; no lift.

Hey! Thank you for your review! I'll make sure to tell the housekeepers to have a look at the sponges more often but we change them every 3 days! Yes we don't have a lift, but we only have one staircase. Half of our rooms are on the ground floor and the rest are on the 1st floor. We are glad to know that you still enjoyed your stay in marseille!

The friendly, helpful staff made our stay wonderful! We encountered at least four different people at the front desk and all of them were willing to answer questions and offer directions. The included breakfast was a big hit too, though it was definitely a typical "French" breakfast - bread, jam and coffee. Our room was nothing special - a typical dorm style, though we did enjoy having a private bathroom. Our only complaint was the lack of any windows - made it stuffy and uncomfortable at night.

Hey! We are happy to know that you had a good time! Regards

I stayed one night at Vertigo Vieux-Port and two nights at Vertigo Centre. I would recomand the both: they are clean and staff are kind. Plus of Vieux-Port: breakfast (juice, hot beverages, bread and jam) included, the location is the best to enjoy Marseille. Plus of Centre: rooms and common areas are very cosy, there is a bar so you can have a beer in the veranda and it is 3 minutes by feet from the station.

A good location, only a few minutes walk from the metro and close to pubs/clubs. The door to my room didn't seem very secure which was a little worry as the room wasnt part of the main building and opened into a courtyard. I found one member of staff to be quite rude and was refused a key despite being told by another staff to ask in the morning after checkout as there was none left when I checked in (I did eventually get a key to the room but not the common area).

Hey! We are very sorry for the problem with the key! one of our clients left with one key and we're waiting for it to be sent back. Our 8 people bedroom (the one you slept in) is in fact in another building but you should know that at night the portal on the street is closed and the only way to get in the hotel is by the reception! Anyway! Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in marseille. Regards,

I really enjoyed my stay here the location was great and the building had lots of character. The rooms were great and the en suite bathrooms in every room were a good touch. The kitchen was a bit small though and could have done with a few more cooking appliances. Breakfast was fine but it would've been nice to have some fruit.

Nice place, convenient location, and the curtain around the bed can guarantee some privacy.

Superb location, extremely helpful staffs, very nice atmosphere. I've had a wonderful week in Marseille with this hostel and the people I met there. A tiny little flaw: no soap for even washing hand.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The free breakfast was....free...I was not expecting much when we were shown the room but I was surprised by how well maintained and clean the place was including the bathroom. The bad side was that there was no wifi at all in the section of the building that we were in. Other than that the location was good and the hostel was fairly easy to find.

Hey! Thank you for your comment! We worked on the wifi connection, and it is working now! We hope you liked the rest of your stay! Regards,

After staying there for 2 nights, I would definitely recommend this hostel as long as you're not on too tight of a budget. Like it says in all the reviews it has amazing staff who are happy to help you with directions or any other needs, and great location (less than 5 minutes to the water/port plus it also feels pretty safe to walk home at night). Only disappointment was the internet. Also while I was there the fridge was packed so maybe check it before grocery shopping.

• 21st Apr 2014

Hey! Thank you for your great review! You are totally right, we were changing our internet company a few weeks ago and we got a few days during which connection to internet was difficult! But it is fixed now! See you next time! Remy

Very good place to discover Marseille and close to a lot of hotspots.

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in marseille! Remy

I have stayed in a 4-bed female dormitory. Like the room as it feels like staying in the attic. But with the amount of free space in the room, cupboards or lockers that are big enough to hold bag packs can be place inside the room. The room and bathroom also lacks hangers or hooks for us to hang clothes.

Thank you for your comment! It really helps us to know what you missed in the rooms We ordered hooks to put them in the rooms! See you next time!

perfect !

Great hostel with great staff 24 hours by day in a nice area of the city.

Hey! THANK YOU for your review! We are working very hard so you have the best experience here! I'm happy to see that it worked for you! Regards, Remy

Best staff! Always friendly and helpful!

Hey ! Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were well received here! Regards,

There was one really, REALLY nice, helpful and pleasant woman on reception. They were helpful, there were good kitchens and bathroom facilities. I stayed in two different rooms. One 4 bed female, the other was the 8 bed dorm. The 8 bed had no wifi and no lockers, so I had to carry my laptop with me all day. Also, there were problems with wifi both days which had a big affect on my booking and I had to stay in marseille longer than I wanted to- very big negative for me.

Hey! Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you liked Serine! She is in fact really nice! You are totally right, the 8 people bedrooms have no lockers. The room is quite new and we're still waiting for the lockers we ordered, should be in a few days now. Next time come and ask us at reception so we can keep your laptop. Regards, Remy

Really nice spot, huge common space and good kitchen

Salut! Thank you for your review! We are super happy to know that you had a good time here. remy