Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

very helpful and friendly staff....special thx to Serine :-) the hostel is very clean, can be a little noisy in some rooms, but thanks to earplugs no problem, it's family-friendly, easy to meet people in the common areas...the included breakfast is good value! would def come back & can recommand it!!

I had a very good journey at vertigo vieux-port in may 2014. 8 minutes walk from the metro vieux-port, and right next to the old port. We loved it. they serve the breakfast for free ( france breakfast).

• 6th May 2014

Perfect and nice place !

• 6th May 2014

The dorms are spacious, very clean and well equiped. The staff members were nice as well. The only downside i can think of is that the hostel is splitted into three buildings and thererore there is not a unique meeting point for the travellers to get to know each other and make plans for the journey.

it is worth to stay for more days. i was in 8 bed mixed dorm, which is a very big room and spacial! it has the toilet and kitchen inside that room which make my stay become very comfortable. Nice staff, breakfast provided. Just wifi is not available in room and a bit weak in the upstair common area.

I really liked the atmosphere there, it's close to the metro station and a lot of cool stuff worth visiting. The only thing that bothered me was the internet connection; it wasn't good, I had a hard time trying to send an email that needed to be send that night. I would definately recommend it to a friend.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Romania

I was happy with my stay here. Some things could have been better though, for example the kitchen was badly equipped, wifi dosent work in the 8-bed doorms nor in the hangout areas (worked there for others though so it might just be my phone) and there is no safety deposit. Friendly staff, clean and really good location though!

Amazing location, great facilities- best hostel in Marseille!

This was the best hostel anyone could have asked for! The building was so stunning and the staff so helpful and nice! The facilities really allow you to meet people if you wish. Had the best advantages of staying in a hostel, without any of the typical annoyances! My room even had a beautiful sun light!

This hostel was amazing. The location is great, within walking distance of all of the sights, and the person who checked me in was amazing. He outlined on the map a lot of great places to check out and showed me pictures on the computer of different sights. I've never had a better welcome. The rooms are comfy as well, no complaints at all.

Hey ! We are super glad to know that you had a great experience with us! Does that mean we'll see you again? I hope so! ;)

Fabulous location, clean rooms, neat and modern. So close to everything, including metro to main train station from which you can go anywhere!! Didn't interact at all with staff but they seemed friendly. Breakfast was good, simple but exactly what you need before a day of exploring beautiful marseille. Atmosphere was okay. Only downside was the smell of the shower in the four bed female dorm. Not sure what was going on there but it was gross. Otherwise wonderful!!

Stayed for a night and had a nice time. Room was clean and tidy, as were the common areas. There are computers at your disposal to use, which I used a few times. The WiFi didn't seem to work in my room to connect to my phone so I had to sit downstairs to use the other WiFi. Apart from that it was a great location and service was friendly.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Liked: the staff were excellent and went out of their way to be helpful to us; the location was good, walking distance to the metro; beds were reasonable and rooms were clean with lockers provided. Disliked: kitchen only had one hot plate to use and the sponges seemed very old and unclean; wifi could be patchy, especially in the kitchen or common room; no lift.

Hey! Thank you for your review! I'll make sure to tell the housekeepers to have a look at the sponges more often but we change them every 3 days! Yes we don't have a lift, but we only have one staircase. Half of our rooms are on the ground floor and the rest are on the 1st floor. We are glad to know that you still enjoyed your stay in marseille!

The friendly, helpful staff made our stay wonderful! We encountered at least four different people at the front desk and all of them were willing to answer questions and offer directions. The included breakfast was a big hit too, though it was definitely a typical "French" breakfast - bread, jam and coffee. Our room was nothing special - a typical dorm style, though we did enjoy having a private bathroom. Our only complaint was the lack of any windows - made it stuffy and uncomfortable at night.

Hey! We are happy to know that you had a good time! Regards

I stayed one night at Vertigo Vieux-Port and two nights at Vertigo Centre. I would recomand the both: they are clean and staff are kind. Plus of Vieux-Port: breakfast (juice, hot beverages, bread and jam) included, the location is the best to enjoy Marseille. Plus of Centre: rooms and common areas are very cosy, there is a bar so you can have a beer in the veranda and it is 3 minutes by feet from the station.

A good location, only a few minutes walk from the metro and close to pubs/clubs. The door to my room didn't seem very secure which was a little worry as the room wasnt part of the main building and opened into a courtyard. I found one member of staff to be quite rude and was refused a key despite being told by another staff to ask in the morning after checkout as there was none left when I checked in (I did eventually get a key to the room but not the common area).

Hey! We are very sorry for the problem with the key! one of our clients left with one key and we're waiting for it to be sent back. Our 8 people bedroom (the one you slept in) is in fact in another building but you should know that at night the portal on the street is closed and the only way to get in the hotel is by the reception! Anyway! Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in marseille. Regards,

I really enjoyed my stay here the location was great and the building had lots of character. The rooms were great and the en suite bathrooms in every room were a good touch. The kitchen was a bit small though and could have done with a few more cooking appliances. Breakfast was fine but it would've been nice to have some fruit.

Nice place, convenient location, and the curtain around the bed can guarantee some privacy.

Superb location, extremely helpful staffs, very nice atmosphere. I've had a wonderful week in Marseille with this hostel and the people I met there. A tiny little flaw: no soap for even washing hand.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The free breakfast was....free...I was not expecting much when we were shown the room but I was surprised by how well maintained and clean the place was including the bathroom. The bad side was that there was no wifi at all in the section of the building that we were in. Other than that the location was good and the hostel was fairly easy to find.

Hey! Thank you for your comment! We worked on the wifi connection, and it is working now! We hope you liked the rest of your stay! Regards,