Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

We enjoyed our stay here - the large apartment in the back (8 person mixed dorm I think) was nice. The other guests weren't overly friendly (there were a couple of school groups I think) but the atmosphere was fine and the staff was very friendly. They helped us with directions and with arranging a ride share with blah blah car, which we had never used before. We would recommend Vertigo Vieux-Port for you stay in Marseille!

THANK YOU! We're happy to know that you had a nice stay with us! We hope to see you again if you decide to come back to marseille!

Very comfortable and clean hostel. The sheets and matraces were impeccable and nicely smelling. I slept very well. The stuff was superb.

Bare bones hostel, they are just adding a new 8 bed dorm which is where I slept. Only one toilet to 8 beds and I had the unfortunate experience of being the only male in the dorm. Also, they are still putting in the lockers so I had to keep leaving my bags in the front desk storage room which was inconvenient. Lastly, my bed area did not have a charger attached so that was a real bummer. Having said all that, I felt safe, was able to get around from the location, and the rooms were clean.

• 20th Apr 2015

Hey! You are right, we definitely need to have those lockers put in the room! Sorry it was such an inconvenience to you. Hope you enjoyed your stay in marseille! Regards,

Very good hostel! The staff was very friendly and lend me a towel (they dont have a towel service)! The admosphere is very nice, kitchen is good equipped and there is enough space to sit and relax after a long day. Oh, and the included breakfast is very good!!

Easy to walk to the main port area, helpful staff and ok facilities. I have stayed in better hostels and I have stayed in worse. Which the breakfast was not just cereal and bread and I also would recommend that they have soap dispensers in the bathrooms.

You need keys that open the front door

Hey It is too bad it is the only comment you left. We don't really understand what you didn't like. You don't need a key to the front door , We have a night auditor and we prefer it this way, if someone enters with their key and let other people stay, it could become a problem. It is actually a safety decision for you and all the other guests.

This is a really great hostel. Staff are very nice, breakfast is very fresh and very french, kitchen is well set up and the free computers are modern and very useful. Only complaint is that the first room we were in had a smelly bathroom. We had to relocate due to a disabled person needing that room (no problem here) and we moved to a room with a much cleaner bathroom.

Breakfast is only bread and cereal, tea and coffee and orange juice. At 9:30 some of the cereals had run out as well as the coffee. There was no towel given and no soap in the toilets. In German hostels breakfast always includes meat, cheese, eggs etc (may have to pay separately). Soap us usually provided. German hostels have proper cotton sheets and linen as opposed to the polyester blanket.

Hey, Sorry you had such a bad experience with breakfast, you know that there is someone at reception to ask for more, plus you have everything at disposal to make coffee. We don't have a kitchen so it is impossible for us to cook meat and eggs, but you saw that you had cookers at disposal if you wanted to cook some during breakfast. You can buy some in the grocery store next door and prepare it yourself. If you were missing sheets, why didn't you ask for it? There are provided

Great staff. Safe, great location, clean. Great showers and privacy. Very helpful staff members.

Nice place

The hostel was lovely, especially the kitchen/living room area in VeritgoB. The only negative point is that the hostel no longer sell towels. Thanks

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Great atmosphere. The wood in the ceiling was a nice touch. Staff were very helpful and went above and beyond expectations. Breakfast consisted of jams and baguettes. Coffee and tea were provided.

The wifi from my laptop only worked once, for a very short while, so I ended up using hte computers in the lobby.

The directions were confusing as the Hostel is on a side street, but Remi changed it to be easier. It is uphill from the Habour but ony 3 blocks. The Hostel is really well designed and comfortable. Reception is helpful and storage available for returning travellers. Special mention to Receptionist, August, who was exceptionally helpful and professional. I will return to stay again, the hostel is everything you can expect. Thanks everyone.

THANK YOU for this great comment! All the best to you and hopefully see you soon! Remy

Everything was awesome but there were no towels!

Hi, We used to rent towels but you have no idea how many times they got stolen... We're trying to find a new solution to make sure they are handed back. Best regards, Remy

Great place, clean room and location..some soap in the bathroom would be nice though :)

I will come back and stay there again

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Vertigo was really great. I stayed in the 4 female dorm and it was really big and met some cool girls to hangout with! The hostel was really easy to find, the staff was super nice and the breakfast that was included was good. I would stay again!

Hey. We're so happy to know you had a nice time with us! All the best! Remy

This hostel was great. 24hour reception. Helpful staff. Good value for money, and breakfast included. It had a laid-back atmosphere, and I met lots of people here and made some really great friends.

An excellent hostel; the buildings are beautifully designed it has a great common area!