Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

The location is not the best but the facility is really ok. However, connectivity of wifi sucks

Everything was really fine and no complaints except for the quality and choices of the breakfast which was under-par compared to other good hostels.

This was the one of the nicest hostels I stayed in during a 5-week trip through Europe. I was in a 6-bed mixed and the room was huge compared to most hostels and had two bathrooms. Everything was clean and the Wifi worked in the room and common area all the time.

I know it's a hostel, not hotel, but my one complaint is that the rooms don't feel very home-y. They're kind of sterile. Also I wished we'd had air conditioning! Otherwise staff is excellent, location is wonderful, and access to kitchen and internet are awesome when you're trying to travel cheap. This was my 2nd stay here and I'd do it again!

• 9th Jun 2014

I am Irish not English

The hostel was decent. The rooms are quite big, pretty much like an apartment. It is quite close to the old port and all the sites. The only downside was the WiFi doesn't work in the room.

Good facilities in most buildings (only missing a stove in a few). Showers/bathrooms are nice, and the hostel is well-cleaned. Staff were very kind and helpful throughout my stay. Breakfast was good (and included).

I had the 4 beds room only for women. It's very convenient with a lot of space, a locker for everyone (but no padlock included) and the bathroom is private. Very pleasant stay ; only two things bothered me : a bug in my bed and no electrical outlet near the bed. The staff is really nice and breakfast (included in the price of a night) is perfect. I recommand you this hostel really cloth from the old harbour and the cathedrale.

• 5th Jun 2014

I was in a room out the back. I didn't have my own keys as the previous people left with them. No wifi in my room. and Wifi barely worked anywhere but reception for me. It was ok but I didn't think that it was the best hostel I have been at. But ok to stay at.

Great facilities and location. Big common room and kitchen as well as wifi that worked across the entire building.

The room was huge and very clean. The only problem I had was with the staff member who worked at night and in the morning. He was very rude to me on two occasions. I left my key in my room by accident which was obviously my fault but when I asked if there was a spare key to use to get into my room you would have thought I was asking to pull teeth, he kept rolling his eyes and saying that it's usually forbidden to use the spare key. Also rude at checkout concerning the pronunciation of my name!

Great place. It's a big hostel but has many common areas so the groups of people are broken down in manageable sizes. It was nice to meet different kinds of people here and we were able to hang out together. Great times. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were big and comfortable. The beds far away enough that you weren't listening to other people's snoring. The location was very convenient. Within walking distance to the port and major eating/hangout/party areas.

PROS : Bat B dorm of 2 beds - Good location walking distance from Vieux Port (bars, clubs, restaurants and city centre) and underground station - Friendly staff - Large spacious room extremely clean , the toilet being separated from the shower - Free wi-fi - Lockers in the room, bedside light, socket CONS : - Breakfast HOURS (early check-out 07:00 AM = I COULDN'T HAVE breakfast)

• 1st Jun 2014

Hi, I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding but if you had asked to have breakfast at 7 (you need to tell us the day before) we can serve some breakfast before. Of course sometimes, bread hasn't been delivered yet but all the rest is at disposal!! Thank you for the good comments for the rest though. Remy

What a great place! We had to book it last minute, there were not that many options, but we were so glad we went with this one! Really cool place, we had a big room to ourselves (we were 4) and the common area/kitchen was brilliant, beautifully decorated. The breakfast was really nice too, with fresh baguettes (yum!). And the staff was also friendly and helpful.

This place ticked most boxes. Clean in-dorm bathrooms (2 in my room), lockers, reasonable breakfast (bread, jam, cereal), friendly people. The only thing that I missed were individual reading lights and shelves for each bunk. Wifi a bit shaky too, but functional in common areas. Slightly on the expensive side when I stayed there (~25€), I would perhaps try a different one next time.

The hostel was nice and clean close to the Vieux-Port and the old town. The room and bathroom were extremely clean and breakfast was also good. The only thing we could complain was that the walls were thin and we heard every voice from other rooms and corridor so remember to pack your earplugs when staying in Vertigo!

Very nice hostel to stay in, nothing to complain. I would definitely recommend forward, had a great stay!

Almost Everything about this hostel was grea, I highly recomend it as a place to stay. However the internet was really really slow.

Good location and infra-estrutcuter

It's not a bad choice to stay here. the location is very good especially. The breakfast is not a surprise, jam, bread, juice and milk. Staying in the room is a little bit too dark since there were only too lights in the room for four people. And there's no air condition and it's kinda hot staying Marseilles in end of May without big windows and air con.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you were too hot in the room but there is air con in every room. You just need to come at reception so we can put it on! Some people want it, some people don't. so it mostly depends on who stayed in your room the night before your arrival Maybe next time alright?