Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Very good place to discover Marseille and close to a lot of hotspots.

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in marseille! Remy

I have stayed in a 4-bed female dormitory. Like the room as it feels like staying in the attic. But with the amount of free space in the room, cupboards or lockers that are big enough to hold bag packs can be place inside the room. The room and bathroom also lacks hangers or hooks for us to hang clothes.

Thank you for your comment! It really helps us to know what you missed in the rooms We ordered hooks to put them in the rooms! See you next time!

perfect !

Great hostel with great staff 24 hours by day in a nice area of the city.

Hey! THANK YOU for your review! We are working very hard so you have the best experience here! I'm happy to see that it worked for you! Regards, Remy

Best staff! Always friendly and helpful!

Hey ! Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were well received here! Regards,

There was one really, REALLY nice, helpful and pleasant woman on reception. They were helpful, there were good kitchens and bathroom facilities. I stayed in two different rooms. One 4 bed female, the other was the 8 bed dorm. The 8 bed had no wifi and no lockers, so I had to carry my laptop with me all day. Also, there were problems with wifi both days which had a big affect on my booking and I had to stay in marseille longer than I wanted to- very big negative for me.

Hey! Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you liked Serine! She is in fact really nice! You are totally right, the 8 people bedrooms have no lockers. The room is quite new and we're still waiting for the lockers we ordered, should be in a few days now. Next time come and ask us at reception so we can keep your laptop. Regards, Remy

Really nice spot, huge common space and good kitchen

Salut! Thank you for your review! We are super happy to know that you had a good time here. remy

Our room was located outside the main building in a seperate room with no access to wifi. The lock didn't work and the bathroom wasn't stocked. We had to wait for a long time for them to resolve the lock issue. The second day we moved to a new room inside the hostel which was much nicer. When using the wifi in the lounge area, we were told repeatedly to keep our voices down even though we were speaking normally - so the atmosphere isn't that great.

Excellent hostel - warmly recommended for a stay in Marseille

It was a lovely hostel! I stayed in the b building in a four bed mixed dorm with bathroom. The room was nice and clean, the breakfast was lovely. Good wifi, location and overall feel. Would recommend.

• 9th Apr 2014

Nice place!! Good location!

• 9th Apr 2014

Thank you!! We're so happy you liked our place! Regards, remy

We really enjoyed our stay here. We had a private room with an ensuite, which was nice, though the staff did not seem to restock anything like toilet paper and there was no hand soap. Breakfast was the usual hostel fare, and there was enough and enough room for everyone. Can't beat the location, really. Only other thing was the wifi was really spotty and temperamental

Close to old port. My room and toilet was claen. There are three omputer for Internet, a kitchen and breakfast is included.

Hey! Glad you had a good stay with us. regards, Remy

Great big rooms. Fair price. Clean. Nice location. Nice security. Nice staff (except for one). We even were leaving at 5am our last morning to head home and the staff set breakfast out early just for us. that was very nice.

This was my first experience in a hostel. My friend and I stayed in a room with two other girls. We had our own bathroom which was nice. Our roommates were friendly. Everything went well overall. The people at the front desk were helpful in showing us where to go on a map. The hostel is so close to the port! It is a great location for tourists.

• 4th Apr 2014

Dear guest! We're happy to know that you had a good time here in marseille. See you next time!

Pros: Really stylish room design with helpful crew, 24 hrs reception desk, free city map and useful tour suggestion, shared kitchen, fresh typical french bread in the early morning, nice weather during my stay, near Notre Damn and old port. Cons: Room key easily eliminates its magnetism, 30min by foot from train station.

Hi! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, our keys get deactivated from time to time, sometimes it is just cause they get to close to a cellphone. regards, remy

The staff was really lovely and care about us ,thanks see u nextholidays.

• 30th Mar 2014

Hello! Thank you for your comment! Yes it is important to us that everybody has an amazing time in Marseille!

This hostel is generally great- the breakfast is delicious (albeit not plentiful; the bread always runs out), the rooms are large, there's a kitchen to cook in, and the location is fantastic. However, the blankets are covered with hair and obviously haven't been washed, and I was bitten by bed bugs. To be fair, the staff were fantastic about it, but they did say it "happens all the time" which is concerning. BYO fitted sheet and you might be ok though. What a shame! Otherwise a great stay.

Hello! Again we are sorry for the bed bugs. We did move you as soon as you came to warn us and washed all your clothes though! I think there was a little misunderstanding, I didn't say "it happens all the time" since we have no power over people bringing them to our place. I did say that "EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, we take great care of doing what is necessary to eliminate them! Thank you again for your stay and hopefully you still enjoyed our beautiful city!

Great location, basic breakfast, staff helpful with suggestions, the place felt new and clean Two bathrooms with showers in the room were amazing.

A really nice hostel very close to the port. Very clean, spacious rooms and a good kitchen.