Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Very friendly and helpful staff - thank you very much for the excellent service you offered! The breakfast with the fresh Baguette was very good :-)

you are more than welcome! We are so happy when people have a good time with us!

Clean beds, hot shower, kitchen facilities, great staff! Close to the Vieux Port area, supermarket and metro nearby. Classic, reliable hostel experience!

Ignore the reviews stating there is no WIFI in the rooms - it was not an issue during my stay. I stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm and it was practically an apartment. Absolutely huge, tons of space and an ensuite with the shower and toilet in different rooms - awesome. Breakfast was nice as they gave you better than average hostel bread you grow to expect. Staff was also friendly. A little far from station, but in a good area for food, nightlife and whatever you'd need to do in Marseille!

Thank you for the great review!

I had a wonderful stay in Marseille. My only small complaint is that the 4-person women's dorm I stayed in was stifling hot. There was no air conditioning and the window could only be cracked open a little bit.

• 11th May 2015
  • Latvia

Hey! So sorry you were so hot in the room! temperatures go from really high to really low right now and it is kind of difficult for us to follow! You should have come to reception because we DO have air con and we could have turned it on in your room! Next time maybe ;) All the best

Beautiful, well maintained hostel in a great location!

Location was absolutely wonderful. We liked that we had our own kitchenette in the room, however there were no lockers. This was difficult for us as we travel with our expensive camera. Breakfast was ok (would have loved some fruit) and there was no social atmosphere present. Overall would stay again but definitely could use some upgrades.

You are totally right, and lockers for this room were ordered but still not delivered... Thank you for your nice comment!

Very well situated really close to the Vieux Port and the attractions! It's a bit expensive for a hostel but the breakfast is included (bread, jam, butter, 3 types of cereals, tea, coffee, orange juice, milk), pretty basic but it was good enough for me. Some said the street might look shady, but honestly, most streets in Marseille kind of do, so it didn't stand out for me in that matter. Very clean, 2 computers with internet available for free. No 'meetings' or atmosphere though.

good times and staff super happy to chat

Great! We're really happy to know that you had a good time here! Thank you for the review

It was quite expensive but we enjoyed the room and bathroom. The kitchen had everything we needed to good and delicious fresh baguettes for breakfast. The staff were helpful and the location was great- we could walk everywhere and easy to catch buses.

I really enjoyed my staff at vertigo, staff were great. Accommodation was perfect just could have done with some wifi in the room I was in. Apart from that it was great.

Thank you very much for this nice comment! It is good to know that people enjoyed their time with us!

Standard decent hostile, located two blocks from the old harbour.about 20 min. From the train station. Don't want nearby, get a recommendation from reception.

location of this hostel is probably the best thing about it. for the price you pay you don't get much. if you are a solo backpacker I would recommend staying elsewhere. atmosphere was non existent

We stayed in a seperate part to the hostel, it was like an old bungalow. It was really cool and absolutely massive. So much space for activities. Not the best security wise, no where to lock valuables. Can only use wifi in one room and it is average at best. Location is good, close to main attractions, but the atmosphere is a little dull. Overall would recommend!

There were a few disappointments with our stay. There were no lockers to secure our belongings in our dorm of 8 other travellers, the wifi didn't work out in our dorm (it only worked right in the reception area... It didn't even detect wifi in the dorm) and the dorm itself was poorly kept. Huge cobwebs and heavy dust. The bathroom was also poorly kept- just a little portable fan working overtime trying to get the moisture out of the air, no holder for the shower head, and it was very grimey.

Really great hostel, especially for the money. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm. Someone said it was a new room... I'm not sure but it was definitely the best. Breakfast is good and included in the price. Only slight negatives.. No lockers in my room and you need to bring your own lock to use the lockers if you are in one of the other rooms... No wifi in the rooms... But not a major issue. Staff are really nice and very friendly.

Thank you so much! We are very happy to know you had a great time with us. All the best to you and hopefully we'll see you again at Vertigo!

This hostel is in a great location, very close to the station and pier. We stayed in a 2 bed room which was great and very spacious. Only downfall is the walls are quite thin so you can hear the people next door very clearly and others down the hall.

Thank you so much for your comment! we're very happy to know you had a nice stay. Sorry for the noise, sometimes people are not very respectful and cannot keep it quiet. We'll try to keep an eye on noisy guys! ;) All the best!

We enjoyed our stay here - the large apartment in the back (8 person mixed dorm I think) was nice. The other guests weren't overly friendly (there were a couple of school groups I think) but the atmosphere was fine and the staff was very friendly. They helped us with directions and with arranging a ride share with blah blah car, which we had never used before. We would recommend Vertigo Vieux-Port for you stay in Marseille!

THANK YOU! We're happy to know that you had a nice stay with us! We hope to see you again if you decide to come back to marseille!

Very comfortable and clean hostel. The sheets and matraces were impeccable and nicely smelling. I slept very well. The stuff was superb.

Bare bones hostel, they are just adding a new 8 bed dorm which is where I slept. Only one toilet to 8 beds and I had the unfortunate experience of being the only male in the dorm. Also, they are still putting in the lockers so I had to keep leaving my bags in the front desk storage room which was inconvenient. Lastly, my bed area did not have a charger attached so that was a real bummer. Having said all that, I felt safe, was able to get around from the location, and the rooms were clean.

• 20th Apr 2015

Hey! You are right, we definitely need to have those lockers put in the room! Sorry it was such an inconvenience to you. Hope you enjoyed your stay in marseille! Regards,

Very good hostel! The staff was very friendly and lend me a towel (they dont have a towel service)! The admosphere is very nice, kitchen is good equipped and there is enough space to sit and relax after a long day. Oh, and the included breakfast is very good!!