Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

I can't begin to tell you how amazing this hostel is! If your going to Marseille then this is the hostel for you! I have been all over and this is by the best hostel for your buck!

• 19th May 2014

We were in the mixed 8 bed dorm and the room is huge and has a small kitchen. You have to hold up the shower head when you shower and there's only one shower for 8 people (and the toilet is in there too). No wifi in this dorm. In the main area you have to sit in very specific locations to get wifi (annoying!). Hostel was in decent location, close to the beach and shopping. You walk about 15-20 minutes to get to the hostel from the metro. The staff were pretty friendly, the girl was super nice!

This was a great hostel. Very unique in its look and architecture. I don't know if I would stay here again just because Marseille isn't my cup of tea but this hostel was a great break from the city.

The hotel is so good, very comfortable,and the people is warm,The only problem is has no WIFi in the 8mix bedroom. but anyway it is very good for this price. what is important the position is so good near the centre of Marseille.

Booked the night before so i could get some sleep when i arrived at 0500. Guy at the desk looked at me like i was crazy when i walked in and took forever to figure out what was going on. the girl who was working midday was great though.

This place has a fantastic atmosphere. The dorm for 6 persons are spacious and you have plenty of space to put your stuff. Only thing is....They changed the bed sheet very often but not the blanket because I found many dust and hair sticking on it which is pretty gross. You may find restaurant or department store nearby. Very friendly staffs even the helpers. Only issue is the safety problem in Marseille itself, nothing to do with hostel. So guys be more cautious when you're in the city. :)

Perfectly friendly staff, pleasant room, well placed location for most things you'd want to do with the one downside of an incline on the way up. Would recommend as a place to stay while exploring the city.

This was a pretty nice hostel. The room was spacious and had an ensuite with separate toilet and shower. There were lots of power points and the beds were quite comfortable. There was a good size common area and a small kitchen to cook in. Good location and the staff were really helpful.

Very clean hostel,helpful staff and good location

• 9th May 2014
  • Zambia

Average hostel Great location and reasonably clean but the facilities and staff were ordinary. The hostel occupies two buildings which are next to each other. We were in the second one which had a makeshift kitchen set up using very old appliances. We asked several times for the wifi to be fixed in the second building and the staff said they would be never did. Beds aren't numbered so it's first in best dressed (bad for those who are traveling as a couple and want the same bunk!)

very helpful and friendly staff....special thx to Serine :-) the hostel is very clean, can be a little noisy in some rooms, but thanks to earplugs no problem, it's family-friendly, easy to meet people in the common areas...the included breakfast is good value! would def come back & can recommand it!!

I had a very good journey at vertigo vieux-port in may 2014. 8 minutes walk from the metro vieux-port, and right next to the old port. We loved it. they serve the breakfast for free ( france breakfast).

• 6th May 2014

Perfect and nice place !

• 6th May 2014

The dorms are spacious, very clean and well equiped. The staff members were nice as well. The only downside i can think of is that the hostel is splitted into three buildings and thererore there is not a unique meeting point for the travellers to get to know each other and make plans for the journey.

it is worth to stay for more days. i was in 8 bed mixed dorm, which is a very big room and spacial! it has the toilet and kitchen inside that room which make my stay become very comfortable. Nice staff, breakfast provided. Just wifi is not available in room and a bit weak in the upstair common area.

I really liked the atmosphere there, it's close to the metro station and a lot of cool stuff worth visiting. The only thing that bothered me was the internet connection; it wasn't good, I had a hard time trying to send an email that needed to be send that night. I would definately recommend it to a friend.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Romania

I was happy with my stay here. Some things could have been better though, for example the kitchen was badly equipped, wifi dosent work in the 8-bed doorms nor in the hangout areas (worked there for others though so it might just be my phone) and there is no safety deposit. Friendly staff, clean and really good location though!

Amazing location, great facilities- best hostel in Marseille!

This was the best hostel anyone could have asked for! The building was so stunning and the staff so helpful and nice! The facilities really allow you to meet people if you wish. Had the best advantages of staying in a hostel, without any of the typical annoyances! My room even had a beautiful sun light!

This hostel was amazing. The location is great, within walking distance of all of the sights, and the person who checked me in was amazing. He outlined on the map a lot of great places to check out and showed me pictures on the computer of different sights. I've never had a better welcome. The rooms are comfy as well, no complaints at all.

Hey ! We are super glad to know that you had a great experience with us! Does that mean we'll see you again? I hope so! ;)