Vertigo Vieux-Port Reviews

38 Rue Fort Notre Dame, Marseille, France

Thank you for this opportunity to provide feedback, I found the hostel to be excellent in all areas, I would particularly like to mention the young woman Serine who provided the best local information and travel arrangement support I have received in any hostel, and her English was excellent, gave me great help in getting around the city and organising further travel. Serine manages the reception of all guests and is brilliant as an ambassador for her city.

Hey, Thank you for your great review! I'm going to transfer it to Serine. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully you'll choose to come back some time in the future. Vertigo Team

Fantastic location - helpful staff - sparkley clean rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast was wonderful - cereal, muesli, fresh baguettes, jam, coffee. Great wi-fi can be accessed anywhere in the hostel. Rooms in the main building are best - quiet. Avoid the rooms in the annex - they are very noisy because some windows are on a busy side street (horns honking up to 4am). Rate is a bit expensive -- best to book your whole stay via hostelworld because the rack rate is much more expensive.

good for the prize you pay. good wifi, amazing breakfast, perfect staff, maybe too noisy. also clean. highly recommended.

Hello! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Best regards Vertigo Team

Nice to have beds instead of bunks for a change! I also appreciated the cheap laundry facilities.

This hostel was great! Right near the metro stop, shopping and restaurants. Close to all monuments and other tourist attractions as well. It was perfect for making your own meals and staying in, or going out all day. I would definately come back, and or recommend it to others! :)

Hey, Thank you for this great comment. We are happy to know that you had a great stay here. Regards, Vertigo team

A very good hostel, I had a great stay! My only comments are in regards to kitchen facilities... There are two kitchens and they each have only one hot plate to cook on (though it is a very efficient one), and few kitchen necessities (such as a spatula) not well suited to making dinners every night. But otherwise a wonderful stay! The 24 hour access is great.

• 23rd Feb 2014

the staff is great!!!!!

• 20th Feb 2014

Thank you, We are very happy that you liked staying with us! Hopefully we'll see you soon again. Vertigo Team

The location was nice, quite close to the main street. However, we would advise you to travel light since the hostel is kind of on the hill and it would be difficult to drag a bit luggage on the tiny sidewalks. Breakfast was included in the price, which was a real good value for money. I stayed in the four people dorm. Our beds were in the upper floor in the room and the stairs was a bit steep. I actually tripped a couple time. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to a traveler.

Hello, You are right, marseille can be quite exhausting as it is made of a lot of hills! I'm glad you enjoyed your stayed all the same! Thank you for your comment and hopefully we'll see you again here! Vertigo Team

My stay was wonderful. The hostel is in an excellent location for the metro and all other sites to visit while in Marseille. The staff is very helpful with directions and tips.

• 19th Feb 2014

The rooms were very spacious and clean. The bathrooms were excellent. Well maintained , spic and span. The dining area was very nice . It looked like an old house converted into an hostel. The staff were very smiling and welcoming. But it was quiet far from the train station ( St Charles ) . We had to walk a lot.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • India

Thank you for your nice comment, we are happy to know that you liked your stay here. Next time, you don't have to walk from the train station, you can take the metro and you'll be 5 minutes away from the hotel ;) See you next time Vertigo Team

well-located, clean and cheap!we were 3 but we wanted a private room: by booking a four-bed room, we had en entire room with bathroom only for us!just perfect! plus they let us leave our backpacks for the whole day after!

• 15th Feb 2014

Great location, rooms, and facilities. Only downside for me was lack of social interaction among guests. Other than that all you could ask for in a hostel

No towels Pas de serviette de toilette

• 13th Feb 2014

The staff was extremely knowledgeable about things to do in Marseille and very nice. The beds were pretty comfortable for a hostel. The location was great, minutes away from the port, bars, and Notre Dame. Breakfast was good and includes juice, coffee, and cereal. Highly recommend this hostel if you're staying Marseille.

• 13th Feb 2014

Perfect! No additional comment needed.

Had a very enjoyable stay at this hostel. Merci beaucoup.

Excellent hostel!

Very central. Near to downtown and the good night life in Lisbon. Friendly helpful staff. Clean rooms.

• 5th Feb 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms were great, they had free WiFi and also free PC with internet, also Free Breakfast (bread, milk, juice, butter, cereal, marmalade, coffee). And it's very near the Vieux-Port

There wasn't much going on in the hostel. But apart from that the hostel is perfect.