Vy Khanh Hostel Reviews

241/11/6 Pham Ngu Lao street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Probably the most comfortable bed in Asia, I slept like a baby.

• 18th Dec 2014

Lovely helpful staff. Bus station right beside hostel - about a 2 min walk away. Clean rooms with air con nice en suite and TV. We arrived at 6am on a bus and even though checkin wasn't until 12 they gave us our room early! Was really appreciated as we were wrecked after the bus journey!Would definitely stay here again!!

It's a amazing guesthouse with a amazing host Ms Vy. When I arrived here late in the midnight she would wait for me and arrange everything for me. Plus she got a magic map of Saigon which marked every funny places in the city. When I got up the other day she showed me how to find these places. And she even made the best local coffee for me She's such a beautiful and nice woman you won't be disappointed living here

• 16th Dec 2014
  • China

Excellent stay! Friendly, helpful, clean and cosy! Will definitely stay here again if im in the region. Check and write down/print the instructions how to get there though, the location is great but might be bit tricky to find if you expect it to be on the main street or something. But once you know where it is, no problem. I really recommend this one. *two thumbs up* =)

Great place to stay if with friends/ family, not a good place to meet anyone. Had my own room, clean, no issues. Not very big, but no cramped. Own bathroom, toilet, shower and sink in one room. Staff are amazing, family run. Showed me where to go, gave me the ins and outs, very helpful. Even walked me to various businesses in the area to make sure I go to the right place. Also help with transportation and tours, set prices.

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again. Warm regards from Vy Khanh Guesthouse, Ms Vy

VERY friendly and helpful staff, lovely rooms. We would come to stay again any time :)

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again with special price. Warm regards, Ms Vy

Clean and comfy room, basic and spacious, has everything you need including fresh toiletries everyday, fridge and drinks and good air on. Great location just off Bui Vien, a little hard to find at first if you've been to Ho Chi Minh before, but follow the email instructions and you'll be fine! Great place,highly recommended.

The owner (Vy) is very hospitable and made us feel well looked after. She can book trips for you at a good price. She can even get you a discount for the AO show, so don't book it direct at the opera house. She gave us a map on arrival, which showed good and cheap places nearby to eat or get a massage, or sights to see. She told us where to get the bus to the Chinese Quarter. Next time we go to Ho Chi Minh City we will stay there.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Greeted on arrival with a cool drink and excellent 1-on-1 with the owner. She was nice enough to provide a map and propose an itinerary for my one day in the city.

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We would like to see you again with special price. Warm regards from Vy Khanh Guesthouse, Ms Vy

It's no wonder the hostel awarded as 3rd best in Asia (if I'm not mistaken), overall it was very satisfied! Would be happy to stay same hostel if I have chance to come back Saigon for 2nd tour. Well done, Vy Khanh!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again with special price. Warm regards from Vy Khanh Guesthouse, Ms Vy

Very clean. Nice staff.

Vy the owner could not be more helpful warm and friendly.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again. Warm regards from Vy Khanh guesthouse, Ms Vy

I've and my partner loved this place. Rooms were clean and tidy, location is fantastic but the best thing are the owners. It is like staying with a family. They give you advise about the city and nothing is too much trouble. Miss this place already- thanks to all

• 2nd Nov 2014

We booked this hostel a while ago due to positive reviews and it doesn't disappoint. It's location is very central to Saigon and although it is hidden away down an alley, if you show a taxi driver where you want to go it is easily found. Alternatively you could follow the instructions that they send you direct by e-mail which also has useful information on it to make the most of your stay. Once you check in they give you a very helpful hand drawn map with the places of interest written on it.

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again on15th Nov. Warm regards from Vy Khanh Guesthouse, Ms Vy

Ms. Vy was very informative and made our stay in Ho Chi Minh very easy. She had coffee for us every morning.

You're staying in a homestay with a child so please take this into consideration. It means early closing hours and no shoes anywhere and child toys everywhere. This didn't effect our stay whatsoever. We were told off a few times because we forgot to take our shoes off when we entered the building! No breakfast included. Vy was so nice and friendly. She spent hours with us sorting our Mekong delta trip and our bus to sihoukville. Great place

The staff here are amazingly helpful - always giving recommendations and help with bookings. Also making us drinks :):) location is perfect - just off the Main Street where all the buses drop off and pick up. Loads of bars, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Bed and pillows were so comfy! Thank you for being so hospitable :)

Great location, excellent value for money, accommodation with everything you need, including fridge, but, most of all, an amazing host! Vy was very helpful, her suggestions for restaurants, tours, and places to visit were all on point, her insight helped us make the most of our stay in Saigon. Thank you, Vy!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Staying at the Vy Khanh Guesthouse was an excellent way to start my first trip to Vietnam and also as a solo traveller. The room was exactly what I needed and the airconditioning was very good. Vy was extremely helpful in giving advice, planning tours and other activities, I would recommend this guesthouse to anyone looking for budget accommodation in a great location

• 16th Oct 2014

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to seeing you again with special price. Warm regards from Vy Khanh Guesthouse, Ms Vy

Loved the location and how accommodating the staff were. Thank you!

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again. Warm regards, Ms Vy