Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

All around I'm satisfied with my stay at Wada. The staff is fantastic and extremely friendly. The breakfast is hearty and a decent price for western food. My experience at this hostel wasn't 100% because the bathroom was not very clean and it was impossible to keep dry. I hated keeping my key in the slot on the wall to keep the lights on - anyone could have taken it and opened my locker. Additionally, I there were some very inconsiderate guests in the courtyard who were loud until 1 am.

This is an excellent hostel. It has everything you would want or expect, and more. The information they provide with maps and suggestions are all easy to understand. The facilities are clean and in good repair. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. The bar/restaurant/common area is well designed; it's easy to meet and chat with fellow travelers. I stayed in a private room, and loved it. I would rather stay here than in a hotel. I would love to stay here longer; a week at least.

• 3rd May 2015

absolutely great. all the staff were helpful, friendly and great to be around. I considered backtracking on my trip just to go back. it's located decently in Guilin, close to a city bus stop. bike rentals and tours available as well. would recommend it to anyone travelling in the area, as well as the Wada in Yangshou. they even Transfered one of our nights directly to the yangshou hostel. 5/5

Outstanding staff! Extremely helpful. I tried to make a reservation for a bus, yet the bus was already booked out - said the agency. However one girl at the reception knew the driver. She called him and made the reservation for me. Then the next day I wasn't able to find the bus at the railway station. So the hostel called the driver and told him to come directly to our hostel - what he did. What a service! I can totally recommend this one.

Very nice Hostel, the girls try to help you in everything they can!

Perfect place to stay!! Cozy area and friendly staffs..

Wonderful staff, they waited until almost 2 am for us to arrive and check in when our bus was delayed. Very clean and great outdoor seating areas.

Wonderful Hostel! My second time staying there and would gladly return. Excellent location, not too far from anything. The staff are wonderful and incredibly helpful. The rooms are as nice as many Chinese hotels that I've stayed in.

• 24th Apr 2015

We only had a short stay at Wada Hostel, so we couldn't really getting a feeling about the atmosphere. Excellent was the hostelcrew with their welcoming manner and their very good and helpful information.

The best hostel in China, hands down. The Wada girls know how to their guests feel special. Comfortable beds, nice bar area and great value for money trips around Guilin. Girls, keep doing what you're doing because it's definitely working. Hope to come back some day!

We stayed one night in Wada Hostel before leaving the next morning to Yangshuo. The place is great, rooms are simple yet comfortable, and staff is adorable and helping (we called them the day before to arrange our arrival from the airport and our boat trip to Yangshuo on the next morning, very easy and efficient). Breakfast was nice, pancakes were delicious and reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend and come back!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Very good hostel.

One of the best hostels in China. The Wada girls all speak great English and were super helpful. Although there isn't much to do in Guilin, they gave enough recommendations to make the day worthwhile.

I enjoyed staying at wanda hostel.

• 18th Apr 2015

The Wada Hostel was one of the best hostels I stayed at when visiting China. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and well organized. And the beds are Great! Guilin is a beautiful area of China to visit and the staff at the hostel help arrange and organize trips for people interested in seeing the Li River and the rice terraces. I would stay at Wada again! Loved it!

Wada Hostel was one of the best Hostels I have ever been before around the world! The staff was quite nice and helpful every time. The room and bathroom were clean and the atmosphere was very nice. Between price and service definitely worth it!

The girls make this place what it is! They are a great bunch; fluent English, helpful, friendly and really funny!

This was the best hostel! The wada girls and as helpful as they are beautiful! On Fridays they have a barbecue that is delicious. I highly reccomend this spot to anyone who is coming to Guilin and wants an affordable and comfortable place to stay.

An top- end hostel, they create a very awesome travellers atmosphere. Aswell for the staff as for the fellow traveller you"ll meet this is a great place to be. Dorms have big cosy beds, 2 lockers and a private bathroom.

Awesome hostel. even has vpn internet, was able to access blocked sites like facebook, instagram, gmail, etc. from china so was very excited. the room was clean and the hostel was set up so it was easy to meet lots of people. my only qualm is the internet access was only available in the common areas, not the room. but..i guess that shouldn't matter too much. Also: the bar and kitchen are top notch! got dinner, drinks, and even a yummy brownie!