Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

A great hostel experience and the staff work hard to make your stay a warm and fun time

Several years older than the Wada Hostel in Yangshuo and it does show, especially in the rooms. But it is still very clean. And the atmosphere is so relaxing and the girls are so nice and helpful that it makes up for it. They will go out of their way to help. They even made a call for me in Chinese to a place I was trying to get information from but couldn't understand. Great place!

Wada is amazing. I loved this hostel - one of my favourite in China. Definitely would recommend staying here!

The staff were really helpfula and, unusually for China, spoke good English. They helped us organise our trip to Yangshou and understood and were able to reply to, our questions. While we were there they had their weekly "dumpling party" (which is free) and involved making then eating lots of dumplings-a great way to meet other guests at the hostel.,

Great hostel, super friendly staff, and a great environment for meeting other travellers.

This hostel is amazing. The staff were a highlight of our vacation, especially Monica. What a gem! She is so great and we are still in contact with her. She was willing to help us out even after we left the hostel. They don't have the nicest rooms that we have ever seen but they have an amazing hang out spot and a restaurant with really tasty Western food. They have great internet with a built in VPN. I would highly recommend the Wada Hostel in Guilin.

This was the best hostel ever. The staff, the environment, THE FOOD. So great! You will meet lots of new people and have an amazing time! Such a great place! Their pancakes are on spot and its a great hang out atmosphere.

Thanks for having us best regards, Johnny

The best hostel I stayed at during my month in South China, particularly because of its excellent staff who are friendly and helpful. Good food and drinks and able to help with tours too. My only quibble - why "Wada Girls"? Isn't this the 21st century, and using gender to sell things a bit old hat? Why not "Wada Boys" too?

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The Wada girls are amazing and go out of their way to help you with anything you need. They make great food and the common areas are wonderful. The heated mattress pads were a huge plus! Kind of a weird part of town, but they help you get anywhere you need! Go Wada!! The Wada in Yangshuo is great too. They let us keep our stuff there even though we weren't staying.

• 4th Feb 2015

We enjoyed our stay very much and will be back there to stay again. The four person room was great for the children with the bunk bed

A great hostel. staff were incredibly helpful ensuring that we had an amazing trip.

• 3rd Feb 2015

For the price, Wada Hostel is a great place to stay when in Guilin. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were decent. It's a little chilly in the winter time but the hostel does provide a heater and electric blankets. The hostel is close to a shopping mall that has a really great grocery store where you can get the essentials. The hostel is a little farther away from downtown but a great price.

Amazing, The girls are The nicest persons in the earth. Super easy to find, 5 min from railway, fb access etc etc. 10/10 Pablo

This hostel was AMAZING. The staff was so wonderful and friendly, speaking fluent English and a few other languages. The Friday night bbq was a blast! The rooms have their own private bathrooms/showers, which is really convenient. The Internet is only offered in the common areas, however, but it is by far the best Internet connection I've had at any hostel. The common room has a comfy furnace to gather around with fellow travelers when it's too rainy and cold to go outside.

The best place when I traveling at China, the staff was sooooo lovely and nice :) high recommend

This was the friendliest, most welcoming hostel EVER! I had such a great time staying at Wada and all the people (staff included) were great and so communicative. I really had the best time there and would highly recommend this place to everybody.

• 30th Jan 2015

Literally loved this hostel! We stayed in a four bed dorm which was clean and warm! The staff were amazing; really friendly and helpful and the events that the hostel puts on like the BBQ are so so much fun! It has the best atmosphere out of any of the hostels I've ever stayed in and the food is nice and affordable! Really really would recommend!

Fantastic hostel in Guilin! Staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcomed

Love to Monica, Caroline, Sam, Huanhuan and all the other WADA girls I never got the name of. Best hostel and staff I've ever come across!

• 28th Jan 2015