Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Loved this hostel. The girls at reception are so nice. I was very unwell whilst there ( Too much drink followed by the flu) and they were so kind to me, allways checking on me to make sure I was ok. Great atmosphere and a great common room area in a quiet backstreet from the main street which is nice for sleeping. location isn't the best but the 2¥ #10 bus from the main road takes you everywhere in the city. Couldn't recommend it more.

Great hostel. Very convenient for arriving from the airport. Nicely decorated twin rooms, though compact. Friendly staff. The night watchman even offered some baiju.

Amazing staff, amazing atmosphere, amazing food (one of the best that we ate in china). We spent there almost a week and it was really wonderful! Thank you wada girls for everything!

This place is good enough although I think their tours are way too expensive and I feel they take way too much money for organizing things.

• 10th Aug 2014

Hey, thanks for staying with us. For the point you mentioned above, we can't really agree. We organize lots of things for free, such as booking flight tickets, bus tickets, dumplings party, and weekly city cycling trip. For some trips we charge a little commission which is always within rmb20 per. Also for the agencies we work with are the best and reliable and safe, we care about your safety and happiness during your travel. Enjoy your time. Team Wada

I had a nice stay there, staff really nicem they help me with planing my route bus and train ! I met so nice people in the lobby, so comfy. The bad point is just the food is expensive to compare with other hostel I went .

Hey, thanks for staying with Wada. Also thanks for enjoying your time here. We provide the best food you can have in China, it is big portion to make sure you will get enough, it is fresh which we buy the materials every morning from the local farmers, It is homemade with love of Wada Team. But the price is much lower than most restaurants in the city. Also we organize free dumplings party every week. Have fun and enjoy your trip. Team Wada

Really cool place. The best place to stay in Guilin.

Kokapen ezinhobia West street pare-parian. Lantalde bikaina, berriro bueltauko nintzake biharra izanez gero! Perfect location, just in front of West Street. Great staff, I'll go back if I need it!

We enjoyed our brief stay and would strongly recommend Wada as the place to stay in Guilin.

This place is great! It has one of the warmest and welcoming environments of any place I've been. There are lots of little areas for sitting and socializing, a room for watching movies, a pool table, a wonderful book selection, and the food in the restaurant is really good...try the beer duck!

I really liked staying at Wada. The staff was great and the rooms were adequate. It might be nice to have a small mop in the bathrooms though, as they get very grimy quick with the high turnover.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Great place. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Definitely would recommend

Tours through the hostel were a little more expensive than others, but the staff was fantastic. They were so helpful and friendly. Food was good ( and big portions), and a great location.

Great home cooked food, lively bar atmosphere and the staff were excellent - they spoke amazing English and were very helpful with helping us plan our onward journey etc

I would recommend this hostel to anyone who asks. The staff, in particularly, was very friendly and helpful. They let us store our luggage in locked cabinets in the lobby when we went to the rice terraces and gave a lot of helpful advice. There's not very good wifi in the rooms, but you can't have it all. The location wasn't my favorite. It was fairly central, but it was located in a dingy, high-traffic neighborhood. Other than that, I loved Wada. I'd stay there again!

On the negative side the storage box is a bit small and there's no lock on the bathroom door. It would be preferable if there's was wifi in the rooms but I can understand from a social aspect why there isn't. Positively the wada girld are fantastic - so warm and welcoming, the food is good and it is an all round nice place to be.

Hey, thanks for sharing your time with Wada. The lockers in the rooms are for your valuable things not for dirty clothes :D. The bathroom door has been fixed long time ago, we hope you can tell us when you found the problems, we definitely will do everything we can for you. Thanks again, Team Wada

We stayed at Wada Hostel in Guilin for a few nights in the beginning of August. The room was very nice, and the atmosphere in the hostel was very cozy and laid back. Thus it was the perfect place to meet other people travelling around China. The staff was not only friendly, but eager to help and make our stay as memorable as possible. And they spoke English, which was a very nice change. Definetly a place we'll stay again, should we ever get to Guilin.

Perfect place to stay ! People are so nice (everybody talks english, it helps so much), everything is near, they propose a lot of service/tour for absolutely nothing and it's a very good quality ! Loved our stay here, hope we could have spend more time.. We moved our booking only 2 days before and they do everything for us to have a nice stay, they book our tour etc for us. Show us the nice place in town etc !

The staff at Wada are amazing! So funny, so helpful and incredibly friendly. The hostel is really cool, modern and funky. I stayed in a comfortable 4 bed dorm room with an ensuite batnroom. Would definitely recommend that everyone stays here!

Friendliest staff I came across in China. I also went to Yangshuo but did not spend the night, but the other Wada hostel there were incredibly helpful

Best hostel we've stayed in so far. Staff were really friendly and helpful. We would have rated them higher than excellent were it possible! Food was really good and bedrooms clean and spacious. Internet fast and reliable and vpn network to access Facebook/Google is available.