Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

2036 Total Reviews

This hostel was amazing!! The staff were fantastic they went out of their way to help us with everything and made our stay so easy and fun! Met so many nice people at the hostel also and had an amazing experience would definitely stay again and recommend to any backpackers who want to have the best stay in Guilin!! We love Wada!!

• 22nd Nov 2015

We had a great stay at Wada! This is probably the best hostel we have been to in our two months trip. The rooms are great, the food is delicious and the staff is excellent and very helpful.

We spent only one night here. It was nice and I can see that you could have good fun here if you stayed longer. Good place to meet people and have a beer. The one criticism that I'd have is that the manager gave us some pretty bad advice with regards journey times to Yangshuo. We were very tight on time and we were told it would be quick and easy to get there and back on time for our connecting train. This was not the case and we basically ended up wasting precious time and money.

The girls were super helpful and planned our day for us filled with sight seeing! We also went on a tour that was easy to sign up for through the hostel, which has good connections with the travel agency. We also loved the environment, food, smoothies, and it was very easy to meet other people! Would stay again for sure.

• 20th Nov 2015

100% recommended!

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Feel to be at home ! Excellent stay, excellent staff ! Amazing breakfasts

Close to the bus station and to the bus station. Staff is super nice and the food is good.

There's nothing that I can fault these guys on! Absolutely awesome!!! The girls especially are amazing!!!!!

Extremely helpful staff and fun atmosphere. Thumbs up!

Amazing place! Girls are so friendly, especially Monica (my daughter)

Nice hostel, very social and nice staff. Good location for getting from airport but not very good for seeing the sites, have to take buses. Good food served!

Best hostel in China! Possibly the world! Beds are amazing, heated! Free to do washing, food is delicious (fries and brownies in particular are amazing!) Staff are super friendly and helpful, could not do anymore for you! Common area also great for meeting people. Free dumpling party and all you can eat BBQ were awesome. Hostel also very accommodating to allowing you to swap your booking to their other hostel in Yangshuo. Couldn't of asked for anything more, would love to return.

This hostel was great. Bit of a mission from the train station but worth it. Great communal area to meet people, cheap drinks and really helpful staff. Free laundry too - although no dryer. Would definitely go back!

My girlfriend and I stayed at Wada for 3 nights and we couldn't recommend it highly enough. A spacious room equipped with a safe, huge delicious potions of food and a team of amazing staff made the experience brilliant. Can't stress how good the fries are, as well as the beer and pool table. Would definitely stay again.

• 10th Nov 2015

The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. Location is connected to transit hubs by local bus routes. The atmosphere is more social than the average hostel in China. No complaints.

Wow. The staff all speaks great English. Great common room area. WiFi only in the common areas to keep you interacting and making friends. They have fun activities, but if you do the BBQ, you may want to ask for not-spicy bexcuse it will light your mouth of fire. Really great hostel. Outlets in lockers to lock your stuff up and charge it overnight.

We had such a fantastic stay here that we ended up extending our stay by 2 nights! We were lucky to be there for both the Dumpling Party and the BBQ night which were both amazing. Without a doubt the best hostel we stayed at during our 6 weeks in China- the staff were so welcoming and friendly and really made us feel at home and comfortable! Can't recommend this hostel enough! (Really comfy beds too)

The Wada girls (staff) here are amazing!. So friendly and helpful! it was very refreshing. Jeanine helped us with planning transport to Longji Rice Terraces and planning our bamboo raft trip to yangshou the next day even though we arrived pretty late at night. She was funny, helpful and patient. Another wada girl even let me leave my cloths drying up in the cloths line while i had already checked out for my trip to yangshou. I was able to come back and pick up my dry cloths. Excellent service

The Wada girls are so friendly and welcoming, and they speak the best English of all the hostels I stayed in China. The food is excellent and the Friday night BBQ is well worth. The atmosphere in the whole place makes it easy to meet others. And the best part is there above and beyond service. It was pouring rain the day I left and a staff member walked me out with a huge umbrella and helped me flag a taxi. Thanks Wada girls, you're great!!

The guys at Wada do a great job. Even though we only stayed for the night as we had to catch a flight early the next morning, we still managed to meet some great people at the hostel within that time, and found it a nice place to chill out. Will definitely be back for more!