Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Great hostel, I don't usually write reviews but this is brilliant. Only place to stay in Guilin !!

• 30th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel. Helpful staff. Dorms were extremely large and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Bus stop, mall, food right outside. Did the rice terrace and Li river tour offered by the hostel and both were very enjoyable. There is also a Wada in Yangshuo and you can transfer your reservation to there. Highly recommend staying here.

i love Wada!!!! the staff are fabulous!!! atmosphere is amazing! i met so many wonderful travelers! i stayed only for one night and made sure to stay at their sister hostel in Yangshuo because of the great and friendly staff!!!

We do like Wada a lot, it was good to stay there during our stay in Guilin. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clear and bright. Even tricycle's drivers on the domestic bus station know that place and they will bring you to door.

Amazing hostel, the staff was absolutely incredible and created an awesome environment. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff gave extremely easy directions to local street food, markets, and for use of public transportation. Wifi is only in the main area, but it works extremely well.

• 24th Mar 2015

I loved this hostel! The staff were very helpfull and spoke English very well. The rooms are comfortable. Good bed, I like the curtain and a good bathroom with hot water. We did the DIY tour to the rice terraces and had a good time. So for me it was a good place to meet other travellers. Downside: it is a 20 minutes walk to the city center and wifi (which has vpn!) was only available in the common area.

I had a wonderful experience here. The staff is EXCELLENT. They really make it feel like home. All the facilities etc are excellent. I met great friends here. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• 23rd Mar 2015

I stayed at WADA for 5 nights and if I go to Guilin again I'll stay there again. The staff are very helpful. They have a restaurant where you can have your breakfast and the price you pay for any food is good because you get a big portion. Two things I would suggest for improvement are placing mops in the bathrooms so that it's easier to keep the floor clean and dry and having the wifi in the rooms and not only in the common area.

Very nice and friendly, helpfull staff. The fact that you can go on Facebook here is definitely great

This is a fantastic hostel. The staff are all really friendly and great fun. It's a really cool place with a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it!

Absolutely love Wada, has some cosmetic flaws BUT by far the best hostel in China & it's cheap. It has the best wifi with fb/gmail access. It's clean, has comfy beds, hot water, lockers, a great atmosphere and a decent menu with big portions at reasonable prices. But what makes this place awesome are the Wada girls. The most informative, attentive and friendly staff ever..they can help you with organising tours in and around the city and are more than willing to have a chat and get to know you.

I booked this hostel based on many good reviews. I agree it's good value for money and maybe a good place to stay if your looking for fellow travelers. Location is quite a walk for most tourist attractions but is near train station. The fact you couldn't access wi-fi in the bedrooms was a bit frustrating. Overall I wouldn't stay here unless your looking for a cheap party atmosphere.

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the wifi issue. While wifi access is limited to our common spaces, we do offer the most reliable wifi with the addition of our "Wada Wall", our dedicated VPN network for Facebook, Gmail, and many vital websites that are more important to a traveller needing to connect. We hope guests can appreciate these features as a compromise. We will work diligently to providing our guests with a reliable Wifi in-room solution in the near future.

This review is 100% as is it is well advertised in the hostel that the girls on reception get a tip for full marks. And they alone regardless deserve it. You won't get lost or lonely in this hostel. They all speak English and are knowledgeable of the area. Separately the hostel if being refurbished but noise is minimal. We were upgraded to privates as no dorm was available. Food in the hostel was very good.

Very helpful staff and good excursions! (Be nice to have a radiator instead of an electric blanket, but that's not going to be an issue if you're not visiting in the middle of winter.)

Absolutely the best hostel in China! The staff are so friendly and welcoming, it makes you feel like you're at home. They're incredibly patient and helpful! I wish they had hostels in every other major city!

Clean, Good environment, friendly staffs

We had a fabulous stay at Wada Guilin! The staff were so thoughtful and helpful with everything we needed and were knowledgable about the city. The 4-bed mixed dorm was really comfortable, especially the electric blankets. The common area with the pool table and sofas, wow, such a cozy environment to come back to after a long day out! Overall, we had a lovely stay!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • India

Great staff that works hard to give advice, plan travel, and find your way around Guilin and the surrounding areas. Decent location near main train station and some key bus lines. Rooms are OK, but they may be even better when you go as they were doing renovations when I was there. Recommended .

Fantastic experience! The staff at Wada are awesome.

• 4th Mar 2015

A fantastic hostel. The staff are lovely, and will meet you at the train station so you don't have to find your own way there. The wifi is very good, and can even access Facebook etc in China, which helped a lot. There was a dumpling making party when I was there, so that was fun, and there were plenty to make and eat. The beds have electric blankets to help against the cold, but the air-con heated the room plenty. The only negative is when I tried to leave before 6:30am, I was locked outside.