Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

This was the nicest hostel I have stayed at in Beijing for the amount that I paid. And the staff is incredible! The Wada Girls were extremely helpful and always willing to talk to us. Thank you for everything!

• 22nd May 2015

Employees were extremely friendly and spoke excellent English!

• 22nd May 2015

Good location and value for money. Mostly foreigners come here. Hotel offers lots of services, events and tours, and service is very attentive. Friends and I did the "Luxury Boat Tour on the Li River" because weather did not permit the bamboo raft tour. I don't recommend this tour - very expensive and mediocre service. Not worth the 400 RMB. Otherwise, great hostel!

• 21st May 2015

Wada Hostel was amazing, best beds in China, and the wada girls go out of the way to help you

Helpful, friendly staff and good food. Dorm rooms have loads of locker space and curtains by each bed for privacy. Common area was very cosy and social. Only downside was the tour I booked with the hostel (luxury boat cruise). It was not "luxury" in any way and was very disappointing for the price paid. Go to this hostel because it's great, but don't do the luxury boat tour!

Very good hostel, it was a pleasure to be here.

• 19th May 2015

As good as hostels come. Great staff. Great food if you can't be bothered going out. Amazing beds. Good air conditioning. Good lockers. Lots of help with tours and train bookings.

We have been in China for five weeks now and this is by far the most incredible hostel we have come across!!!! The staff are AMAZING!! Within five minutes I got the warmest hello and they knew my name before even checking their records! The dorms are also pretty sweet- private curtains and a verrrry large bed to boot! We are actually planning on returning again next week after staying in their sister hostel in Yangshou! The food is also to die for and I seriously recommend the fries :)

The place is abit difficult to find but the hostel is very nice and clean and the stuff is very friendly and helpful . Best hostel iv been to so far.

The staff was very great and helpful. locatio looks fine but didnt stay long as Guilin is just another chinese city, good base to see the countryside. Nice billard table tohave a game in the evening

A truly great hostel where you will have a great time and which you won't want to leave.

Although we only stayed here for one night it was a great hostel with all the facilities you need. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay again :)

Just stayed there when I came back there from a trip to the 'Dragons Backbone' - the rice terraces! I stayed in the sister hostel in Yangshuo before which was a great experience as the staff is really helpful and sociable! This is a great place for chatting with other backpackers! Good offered tours throughout the Guilin area! As the WADA hostel concept for Guilin and Yangshuo is the same I assume the above mentioned comments go for both locations! All-in-all my favorite hostel in China so far!

Thanks to all the staff, they really made my trip amazing. I hope to be back there some day!!

I had an absolutely amazing stay at Wada Guilin! Highly recommended

• 8th May 2015

Excellent hostel located really close to the train station/bus station/ local amenities. The staff are really helpful, it was actually some of the best customer service we've had in China. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and we had lockers above our beds which felt extra secure. The hostel run trip to the rice terraces was well worth it, but maybe bring along your own food for the day as the choices there are a little limited. Overall brilliant stay!

All around I'm satisfied with my stay at Wada. The staff is fantastic and extremely friendly. The breakfast is hearty and a decent price for western food. My experience at this hostel wasn't 100% because the bathroom was not very clean and it was impossible to keep dry. I hated keeping my key in the slot on the wall to keep the lights on - anyone could have taken it and opened my locker. Additionally, I there were some very inconsiderate guests in the courtyard who were loud until 1 am.

This is an excellent hostel. It has everything you would want or expect, and more. The information they provide with maps and suggestions are all easy to understand. The facilities are clean and in good repair. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. The bar/restaurant/common area is well designed; it's easy to meet and chat with fellow travelers. I stayed in a private room, and loved it. I would rather stay here than in a hotel. I would love to stay here longer; a week at least.

• 3rd May 2015

absolutely great. all the staff were helpful, friendly and great to be around. I considered backtracking on my trip just to go back. it's located decently in Guilin, close to a city bus stop. bike rentals and tours available as well. would recommend it to anyone travelling in the area, as well as the Wada in Yangshou. they even Transfered one of our nights directly to the yangshou hostel. 5/5

Outstanding staff! Extremely helpful. I tried to make a reservation for a bus, yet the bus was already booked out - said the agency. However one girl at the reception knew the driver. She called him and made the reservation for me. Then the next day I wasn't able to find the bus at the railway station. So the hostel called the driver and told him to come directly to our hostel - what he did. What a service! I can totally recommend this one.