Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

This hostel was AMAZING. The staff was so wonderful and friendly, speaking fluent English and a few other languages. The Friday night bbq was a blast! The rooms have their own private bathrooms/showers, which is really convenient. The Internet is only offered in the common areas, however, but it is by far the best Internet connection I've had at any hostel. The common room has a comfy furnace to gather around with fellow travelers when it's too rainy and cold to go outside.

The best place when I traveling at China, the staff was sooooo lovely and nice :) high recommend

This was the friendliest, most welcoming hostel EVER! I had such a great time staying at Wada and all the people (staff included) were great and so communicative. I really had the best time there and would highly recommend this place to everybody.

• 30th Jan 2015

Literally loved this hostel! We stayed in a four bed dorm which was clean and warm! The staff were amazing; really friendly and helpful and the events that the hostel puts on like the BBQ are so so much fun! It has the best atmosphere out of any of the hostels I've ever stayed in and the food is nice and affordable! Really really would recommend!

Fantastic hostel in Guilin! Staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcomed

Love to Monica, Caroline, Sam, Huanhuan and all the other WADA girls I never got the name of. Best hostel and staff I've ever come across!

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

A lovely few days spent here. Lovely rooms, great common space, wide range of tours and friendly staff. Couldn't ask for more!! We will be back soon.

We had a great stay at Wada, I travelled with 2 others and we were very happy that there was a 3 bed room available. The staff were all great and incredibly helpful in planning our time in Guilin and onward journey to Yangshuo. The location is out of the city center which was the only downside, but its really near the train station and getting to the center was simple and cheap on the bus. Highly recommended!

I've been staying 2 weeks in Guilin at Wada's hostel, and it was really amazing. The staff was very friendly, the food was good (especially the French fries). Th hostel is close to both the train station and bus n°10. The double-room is also very good: big bed (with a pretty cool device to warm it up), own lavatories and a big shower. There are a lot of young people here, the atmosphere is always fun, you'll be able to meet many people.

Very good one! Great choise! The staff in this hostel were the most friendly in all China! Rooms are clean and comfortable, and the price is also good. The girls in the hostel are very helpful!

Very good hostel. It is worth going there only for the rooms and the common room, which are very nice and clean. however the big plus of this hostel is the staff who is very helpful and friendly.

The atmosphere was warm and friendly and the staff made everyone feel welcome! The food was excellent and the breakfast pancakes were scrumptious. It was located close to good in town and locations farther afield. The staff was good at organizing a variety of trips.

The music could have been a bit quieter, it was mostly loud music at night where I sometimes just wanted to relax but had to stay in the common area for the wifi and the music wasn't really relaxing at all

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

I stayed in the dorms for one night and everything went well. Not too loud, good staff. Everything you want to have an easy and simple stay.

Very helpful staff willing to go above and beyond to help you. Excellent communal area and bar - great for meeting people. Amazing food and drink selection and quality. Heated room and electric blanket in case you get cold at night. Free VPN network so guests can enjoy their social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 13th Jan 2015

Good hostel with an excellent helpful staff. However, the beds are hard, there is nothing to put your phone or a book near the bed. Also, something felt behind the bed and it was really dirty. Otherwise, the hostel is really nice.

• 12th Jan 2015

Wada Hostel was amazing! The staff are really friendly, helpful and helped me book my tour to the rice terraces. Their massive common room is a great place to meet people, especially of Friday night's when they offer all you can eat bbq. The resturant bar in the hostel has amazing food and a good selection of drinks. Great for rainy days. This may sound like a promo review, but after traveling through China, this was the best hostel I stayed at, by far. My only regret was not staying longer!

Wada Hostel is easily my favorite hostel of all time. The atmosphere is amazing, the staff members are phenomenal, and the location is great. The Wada girls do a superb job making sure you make the most of your time in Guilin by providing you with directions to the major points of interest and travel suggestions. The hostel is safe and clean. Also, the common rooms are designed in a way to make meeting people easy. I give this hostel an A+.

Overall great experience. Staff were lovely and food was awesome for the money I spent.

I was very happy with my choice of the wada hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I made use of one of the tours they organize and everything worked out fine. After their recommendation I also stayed one night in their sister hostel in yangshuo! Was worth it! The rooms are clean and big enough and it is nice to have a own bathroom per room. And i really loved the matress heating xD