Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

The Wada girls are amazing - they'll do everything to make sure you feel at home. As a fluent Mandarin speaker I got along fine with figuring out directions and booking but their English is also very on point! Also, the food here is surprisingly good...would recommend the green curry and pancakes. Thanks for making my time in Guilin enjoyable! PS I got my 12th beer in Yangshuo and they were kind enough to give me a shirt :)

Generally, it's a very pleasant place to stay in Guilin. I have a several comments though : 1) We took the Li River tour. Wada failed to mention that the guide on the bus would try to force us to pay for optional stuff, that would have delayed our return to Guilin so much that we couldn't take the same bus back. Not Wada's fault. 2) Wifi doesn't work well in the rooms? 3) If you book a Taxi through the Wada desk, it seems that the price varies... I think Wada could be clearer about prices.

We do want to apologize for what happened. Our goal is to ensure that our guests always have a great experience. If anything doesn't sit right with our guests, we'll do everything to make sure it does. Our wifi is available in our lounge, only steps away from the rooms. Doing so allows us to offer our guests the most reliable internet and access to Gmail,google,facebook in a fun space. As for the taxi prices,they do vary depending on the departure times, whether it's during peak hours or off.

Amazing hostel run by amazing people. The Wada girls were very helpful with booking tours and tickets and answering questions. The food at the hostel is amazing as well. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the common area is a perfect place to chill out and meet people. Wada is the only place to stay!

very nice hostel, great staff! very clean and lockers and towels are provided, by the way great lunch boxes, I loved the sandwiches!! ;)

After spending over a month in China staying at numerous hostels this hostel is the best one and its all down to the girls working there who were so happy, friendly, helpful and basically could not do enough to help in anyway possible, it was a joy to stay there.well done

Wada girls rock! Seriously, they were friendly, funny and very helpful. Both Wada hostels we stayed in ( Gui Lin and Yong Shou) were clean and comfortable... we stayed in a private twin at both locations. I wanted to take the shower home from the Wada in Yong Shou, it is nicer than the one in my house! Thanks again Wada girls!

Looked a bit dodgy from the outside but was clean & pleasant inside. Excellent food & drink in the restaurant, loved the beer duck! Very helpful staff with good English. Just stayed for one night, would stay again.

Very nice hostel, cheap but very clean and comfortable. Nice atmosphere, nice staff, good English spoken. We really enjoyed our stay !

• 1st Nov 2014

Nice hostel, nice and very good english-speaking staff, go on like this!

Still amazing there, my home in china, that's it!!Go there more than any other place.Best hostel I've been in my life include all the others countries.Staff just BRAVO!!

Staff was great, organized lots of tours for us. To be honest though don't stay in Guilin, stay at the Wada in Yangsaou (spelling?!). Their hostel there is way better and Guilin can't even compare to Yangsaou. That place is beautiful and is Guilin x100!

In terms of location it's quite far from the major attraction in Guilin (if you wanna enjoy the city by walking).

Best hostel in China - made by the unbelievable Wada Girls. We booked for 5 nights and stayed 8 - you simply cannot fault this place.

I loved it. The girls at the reception are always willing to help you. The food at the bar is delicious! Couldn't be better.

Both Wada Hostels in Guilin and Yanshuo are very nice. Guilin has a nice bar and the girls that are working there are super sweet. Drinks are quite cheap and staff is helpful with organizing trips to the rice terrace and stuff. Overall I had a good time there and would recommend it to everyone. Simon

Really nice hostel, the girls were absolutely lovely and the food was great! Only issue was I arrived at about 4.30am and couldn't get into the hostel and had to spend 3 hours sat in KFC. I tried to ring and it wouldn't go through (this could have been my phone though) but it would have been nice to have been informed about this beforehand. Other than that it was my favourite hostel in China!

Hey, thanks for staying with us. We feel really sorry that you didn't get in the hostel once you arrived. In the confirmation email we provide a 24-hr working cell phone so you can reach us anytime. Also we have security guy at the reception in the night, you just need push the button on the gate, he will give you warm greetings and help you need. Anyway sorry for what happened again, and wish you a nice trip. Wada Hostel in Guilin

Great location, quite close to the train station. You can walk the distance quite easily, especially if you come into the city on an early train. It is a little further to the centre of the city from the hostel, but that's nothing a cheap 1-2 yuan bus ride can't take care of. Excellent security with pass keys and lockers. Staff are fun, helpful and speak English well. Atmosphere is nice, usually there are many foreigners at the hostel but sometimes there are Chinese too. Rooms cleaned daily.

We've just stayed one night in Wada Hostel but we absolutely enjoyed every second there! :) The place is great, spacious, cheap and has clean rooms, a great public area and the food is amazing! Our flight didn't go till 0:30 am in the morning and they let us stay there the entire evening! Special thanks to Monica, never met such a great staff member before! Perfect English and so welcoming / helpful! We will definitely come back!! :)

• 10th Oct 2014

Just love those girls!!! great,!!!

A great place to stay!! I was there on a Monday night, so they had a dumpling party. The dumplings were delicious and it's a great way to meet other travelers :)