Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Wada Hostel was one of the best Hostels I have ever been before around the world! The staff was quite nice and helpful every time. The room and bathroom were clean and the atmosphere was very nice. Between price and service definitely worth it!

The girls make this place what it is! They are a great bunch; fluent English, helpful, friendly and really funny!

This was the best hostel! The wada girls and as helpful as they are beautiful! On Fridays they have a barbecue that is delicious. I highly reccomend this spot to anyone who is coming to Guilin and wants an affordable and comfortable place to stay.

An top- end hostel, they create a very awesome travellers atmosphere. Aswell for the staff as for the fellow traveller you"ll meet this is a great place to be. Dorms have big cosy beds, 2 lockers and a private bathroom.

Awesome hostel. even has vpn internet, was able to access blocked sites like facebook, instagram, gmail, etc. from china so was very excited. the room was clean and the hostel was set up so it was easy to meet lots of people. my only qualm is the internet access was only available in the common areas, not the room. but..i guess that shouldn't matter too much. Also: the bar and kitchen are top notch! got dinner, drinks, and even a yummy brownie!

Hands down the best hostel I stayed in in China. The staff is extremely friendly and speaks fantastic English. They helped me with all my questions, train ticket bookings, and tours bookings. They even arranged a private tour for me, when I could not attend the group one. Really really superb service. The hostel itself is also good and even let's you get on Facebook :)

This is my first time staying at hostel, and I really enjoyed it!! The staffs are very nice and helpful.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Wada was an excellent hostel. The staff were all amazingly friendly and helpful. They were super accommodating when asked to transfer a reservation to their sister Wada in Yangshuo. The common spaces were greats, as were the weekly activities like the BBQ. The beds were very comfortable and private-- I didn't want to leave!

I really enjoyed my stay at Wada and the girls there were brilliant. Pretty soon they were calling me their brother and I was calling them my sisters. Very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. I even got my own personal pick-up from the station and really appreciated it. If I were to return to Guilin again then Wada would be at the top of my places to stay. The gilrs at Wada are super awesome.

• 1st Apr 2015

Really close to the city bus terminal, so it's easy to go anywhere around Guilin. The staff is also nice. It's the only hostel around Guilin, that you have wifi to connect to FB, google and Instagram.

Overall, everyone was extremely helpful. One was not so happy in servicing us, but she may have been having a bad day.

The best hostel in China!! The staff are simply amazing and made my stay fantastic. Nothing was too much effort for them. Great breakfast and area to socialise. Location is not in the downtown area, but it doesn't matter because Wada organises great day trips. The rice terraces trip was great and I also did a day trip to Yangshuo. The staff arranged for their sister hostel to store my stuff for the day and book me an airport shuttle bus. The staff there are fantastic too! I love Wada!

Great hostel, I don't usually write reviews but this is brilliant. Only place to stay in Guilin !!

• 30th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel. Helpful staff. Dorms were extremely large and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Bus stop, mall, food right outside. Did the rice terrace and Li river tour offered by the hostel and both were very enjoyable. There is also a Wada in Yangshuo and you can transfer your reservation to there. Highly recommend staying here.

i love Wada!!!! the staff are fabulous!!! atmosphere is amazing! i met so many wonderful travelers! i stayed only for one night and made sure to stay at their sister hostel in Yangshuo because of the great and friendly staff!!!

We do like Wada a lot, it was good to stay there during our stay in Guilin. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clear and bright. Even tricycle's drivers on the domestic bus station know that place and they will bring you to door.

Amazing hostel, the staff was absolutely incredible and created an awesome environment. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff gave extremely easy directions to local street food, markets, and for use of public transportation. Wifi is only in the main area, but it works extremely well.

• 24th Mar 2015

I loved this hostel! The staff were very helpfull and spoke English very well. The rooms are comfortable. Good bed, I like the curtain and a good bathroom with hot water. We did the DIY tour to the rice terraces and had a good time. So for me it was a good place to meet other travellers. Downside: it is a 20 minutes walk to the city center and wifi (which has vpn!) was only available in the common area.

I had a wonderful experience here. The staff is EXCELLENT. They really make it feel like home. All the facilities etc are excellent. I met great friends here. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• 23rd Mar 2015

I stayed at WADA for 5 nights and if I go to Guilin again I'll stay there again. The staff are very helpful. They have a restaurant where you can have your breakfast and the price you pay for any food is good because you get a big portion. Two things I would suggest for improvement are placing mops in the bathrooms so that it's easier to keep the floor clean and dry and having the wifi in the rooms and not only in the common area.