Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Tours through the hostel were a little more expensive than others, but the staff was fantastic. They were so helpful and friendly. Food was good ( and big portions), and a great location.

Great home cooked food, lively bar atmosphere and the staff were excellent - they spoke amazing English and were very helpful with helping us plan our onward journey etc

I would recommend this hostel to anyone who asks. The staff, in particularly, was very friendly and helpful. They let us store our luggage in locked cabinets in the lobby when we went to the rice terraces and gave a lot of helpful advice. There's not very good wifi in the rooms, but you can't have it all. The location wasn't my favorite. It was fairly central, but it was located in a dingy, high-traffic neighborhood. Other than that, I loved Wada. I'd stay there again!

On the negative side the storage box is a bit small and there's no lock on the bathroom door. It would be preferable if there's was wifi in the rooms but I can understand from a social aspect why there isn't. Positively the wada girld are fantastic - so warm and welcoming, the food is good and it is an all round nice place to be.

Hey, thanks for sharing your time with Wada. The lockers in the rooms are for your valuable things not for dirty clothes :D. The bathroom door has been fixed long time ago, we hope you can tell us when you found the problems, we definitely will do everything we can for you. Thanks again, Team Wada

We stayed at Wada Hostel in Guilin for a few nights in the beginning of August. The room was very nice, and the atmosphere in the hostel was very cozy and laid back. Thus it was the perfect place to meet other people travelling around China. The staff was not only friendly, but eager to help and make our stay as memorable as possible. And they spoke English, which was a very nice change. Definetly a place we'll stay again, should we ever get to Guilin.

Perfect place to stay ! People are so nice (everybody talks english, it helps so much), everything is near, they propose a lot of service/tour for absolutely nothing and it's a very good quality ! Loved our stay here, hope we could have spend more time.. We moved our booking only 2 days before and they do everything for us to have a nice stay, they book our tour etc for us. Show us the nice place in town etc !

The staff at Wada are amazing! So funny, so helpful and incredibly friendly. The hostel is really cool, modern and funky. I stayed in a comfortable 4 bed dorm room with an ensuite batnroom. Would definitely recommend that everyone stays here!

Friendliest staff I came across in China. I also went to Yangshuo but did not spend the night, but the other Wada hostel there were incredibly helpful

Best hostel we've stayed in so far. Staff were really friendly and helpful. We would have rated them higher than excellent were it possible! Food was really good and bedrooms clean and spacious. Internet fast and reliable and vpn network to access Facebook/Google is available.

Loved this place! The staff were really sweet, friendly and helpful. The environment was great too. I was travelling solo for a few days in Guilin, and I easily found groups to hang out with and the common areas are great for either chill alone time, or socialization. It is away from the center of town, but since the main attraction for me in Guilin was the Dragon's Backbone (which is an hour away anyway) the location was fine! Wada offers van rides to the good hiking areas.

Very nice place! Staff very friendly :) Caution of the chinese shots (hangover)! Don't miss the BBQ every friday it´s very funny ;)

Best Hostel i have ever eben to:))

Awesome hostel, seriously! Great common area and the atmosphere is awesome, specially because they make a real effort to promote the social interactions among the guests with bbqs and stuff like that. Clean beds and clean bathrooms, as well. It's the kind of hostel that makes people really prefer staying in hostels rather than hotels or bnb. Definetly a great choice.

Just a Great hostel, and Great staff!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Sweden

I only stayed here for one night, but the staff was super friendly, spoke excellent english, and was able to help me plan the next days' travel to the rice terraces and to Yangshuo. Rooms were ok. Good air conditioning.

Staff were fantastic and the food was good. The hostel is really nice and they have a whole list of comprehensive tours around Guilin for great prices. The Friday BBQ was fantastic and the atmosphere in general was really good. Bit pricier than other hostels but it was worth it in my opinion.

perfect hostel, nice people. rumbling cooking, bbq!! pool table,

Clean with comfy beds in good sized dorms, amazingly helpful staff, good food selection, social vibe. A little bit out of the city but has good and cheap connections.

Wada hostel is awesome!! Easily one of the best I have ever stayed in. Location is a little bit out of the center, but the staff make up for it and then some! I had the most interaction with Mandy, Monica, and Iris, but all of the girls are great! First and only time I've been to a hostel that has free laundry. I missed both the dumpling night and Fri BBQ, but heard they were great. The bar is great and complete with a pool table, be warned, Monica will kick your ass. Much love, Mr Smiles

Wada is THE place to stay. The atmosphere's great, the location's close to a shopping mall and heaps of local places to eat and the Wada girl's are super helpful and friendly. Definitely will go back when I have the chance to!