Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

This is my third times staying at Wada. It always makes me feel like home away home. Thank you so much wada girls! Merci beaucoup x

• 7th May 2014

Great friendly and helpful staff. Good location that's easy to get to from public transport as well.

Amazingly helpful and friendly staff.. One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Fun atmosphere, great food and clean with all the facilities u could possibly need.. I've already recommended Wada hostel to my friends

I got the impression that if you're a Western male, the staff here will love you. If you're female, they're still polite, but you do not get the same treatment as men. Otherwise, the hostel is fine, it's a bit far from the centre and the rooms are pretty small, but the restaurant is good and they organise common activities, such as BBQs and dumpling nights. The staff also speak good English.

If you are looking for: friendly staff, great and partying people, wonderful atmosphere and lot more WADA Hostel is the place where you will find it! It is a place where you will feel like everyone is your friend. Note only the amazing staff but also other guests. In WADA hostel you just feel like one big and loving family! Absolutely great job guys! I love your hostel!!! Hope to see you one day :) Karol, Poland

Wada was recommended by a friend and I can see why. A true gem of a place that has just about everything to offer that made my stay more enjoyable than I had anticipated. Their budget tours are sublime and probably one of the best I've taken throughout my travels and I was finally able to access Facebook and my email properly here with their special network. The staff however are the icing on the cake. They add a special touch to this place with their devoted attention and welcoming smiles.

• 3rd May 2014

Very nice hostel with good food and great staff. Only downside were some guests who kept everyone awake all night until the morning, even after many requests from staff and other guests to keep it down. The hostel did not take any action after that, they stayed for several more nights.

Dear guest, thanks for staying with Wada. We do feel sorry for the noise made by the young group, and we tried so many times to stop them and tried to move them into the bar instead of yard, we did that nearly every hour until 7am, but it seems that they got too drunk and lost their mind, but after that they apologized for it and didn't make noise any more even they stayed here 6 nights. On another side it means everyone loves Wada so much. :D Thanks for your kindness and have nice trip. Wada

Still the best hostel I've stayed at in China!

Wada hostel really figured out what you need when visiting Guilin. It is all China outside, and after touring around Guilin all day it was great to come back to a relaxing, inviting environment at the hostel. The menu was great, the friday barbecue was also very enjoyable. we had a great time in Guilin, and Wada made it all easier.

The staff are really helpful with tips for getting around Guilin and Yangshuo. They can help you to arrange tours, or give you advice to get around on your own. The bar area is nice, and the food is good. The rooms are clean and have lockers. I would recommend this hostel, for sure.

The Wada girls (staff) were a great help; hostel is a good location and has a good feel to it

The staff is really nice and helpful and they kept our backpacks during our trip to the rice terraces. I would recommend this hostel!

The best hostel I've stayed at in China. The staff are very friendly, and there are all the usual hostel facilities, but at a better quality and lower price than elsewhere.

Had an incredible stay and the staff were the most helpful I have ever met at a hostel. Thank you so much!

• 28th Apr 2014

You're welcome! We're always here to help! =)

This hostel really lives up to it's hype. If you go to Guilin, this is the place to stay. The bar area downstairs is like nothing we have seen in China, really cosy and has a nice vibe about it. The staff is by far the friendliest and nicest we have seen during one month of travelling in China (helped us with flight + train tickets without any hassle). We stayed in a double private and a dorm, both clean and nicely decorated. Bonus: Staff really love guests with a thick beard :)

Location is conveniently close to a big market / mall, nice staff, big common area. Basic double room is cheap but lack furnitures like a chair or desk. Will be back!

Most definitely worth recommending. Location, rooms and price are really good and the staff and general atmosphere were excellent. I loved it.

We had a fantastic stay in the hostel. A big thanks to Wada girls, they are so helpful !

The best staff I have ever met at any place. They not only hear, but also listen to what you have to say or request and they always gave pertinent, tactful and useful answers. The facilities are functional and clean and the common areas are cozy and welcoming, although the rooms would look nicer if there were some retouches on small details like doorknobs and plugs.

We loved our stay because of the Wada girls, they were always smiling and ready to help us. The room was ok, but maybe just be taken care of more in terms of moisture and possible mould. The bathroom should be cleaned more often and tolitet paper please! Otherwise the common lounge is nice and the food and coffee they offer is excellent. Thanks for the stay :)

Thank you for your review! We are very diligent in keeping our rooms well-maintained to ensure they are always clean and mould-free. As for the bathroom, we routinely clean it on a daily basis in the afternoon and after our initial clean, we expect roommates to be courteous to one another and clean up after themselves. The toilet paper is replenish daily too but we are always available to provide additional toiletries when needed. We're glad you enjoyed our lounge and our delicious food! =)