Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Wada was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was absolutely incredible. So welcoming, so kind, and so helpful. I stayed there on my Birthday and they even gave me homemade cake and made sure my time there was special. The rooms and common area were comfortable and the location is pretty good. I can't say enough good things about Wada. I recommend Wada and hope that I will have the opportunity to stay there again. Thanks Wada for the great experience!

So lovely place and friendly staff. 謝謝!

• 19th May 2014
  • China

This place is amazing! Monica was so helpful and funny and helped us with everything we needed. We loved staying here and want to go back!

Cleanliness is common area was great but cleanliness in the rooms weren't as great but it's unavoidable types like spiders and the smell of the bathroom.

Hello Tina, Thanks for staying with us. We enjoyed the happy time spent together. Also congratulations that you saw other beings in the garden, sometimes you can see tiny frogs looking at you in the yard:D, you are a brave girl because you didn't scream! As you know it has been raining over 6 months here, it's so hard to keep everything dry and smell sunny. We try our best and wait for sunshine. Have a nice trip. Team Wada

Nice hostel. Bar/restaurant area with pool table and TV room, so there was a nice atmosphere in the evenings. Rooms were clean and good value. Staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English. Helped out with tours and travel advice but always felt like they were trying to sell us something. Not an issue though. Lockers in reception for extra security if you’re worried about keeping valuables in your room. A little bit out of town so location wasn’t perfect but not too far to walk to town.

The staff was very friendly and patient. They made the stay all the more better.

• 15th May 2014

Staying at Wada Hostel was great fun! There is a very pleasant atmosphere and the staff really makes you feel like home. They are also extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel provides a great variety of international tasty breakfasts at a very good price! Also the touristic tours provided by the Hostel are very helpful, especially if you didn't plan anything for your stay in Guilin. If we would visit Guilin again we will definitely choose to stay at Wada!

• 14th May 2014
  • Romania

Staff here were so friendly and helpful. We only stayed here one night before travelling to yangshuo and one night on the way back, this meant we had to leave very early one morning and come in very late the other and the staff made sure they helped us out. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean and the good was excellent and very cheap. One of the best hostels we have stayed in yet.

I really liked the wada Hostel, It is quite Easy to find with the instructions and really nice. The wada girls are awesome ! They booked us a trip for the hiking in the rice fields and helped us a lot after that one of us forgot her camera in the van. The room was clean and there is a bathroom inside ( very practical ) and the people were quite kind. The best address in Guilin certainly :)

Good value for money hostel, very friendly and helpfull staff, organized tours, good atmosphere. Location a bit out of the city centre.

This is my third times staying at Wada. It always makes me feel like home away home. Thank you so much wada girls! Merci beaucoup x

Great friendly and helpful staff. Good location that's easy to get to from public transport as well.

Amazingly helpful and friendly staff.. One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Fun atmosphere, great food and clean with all the facilities u could possibly need.. I've already recommended Wada hostel to my friends

I got the impression that if you're a Western male, the staff here will love you. If you're female, they're still polite, but you do not get the same treatment as men. Otherwise, the hostel is fine, it's a bit far from the centre and the rooms are pretty small, but the restaurant is good and they organise common activities, such as BBQs and dumpling nights. The staff also speak good English.

If you are looking for: friendly staff, great and partying people, wonderful atmosphere and lot more WADA Hostel is the place where you will find it! It is a place where you will feel like everyone is your friend. Note only the amazing staff but also other guests. In WADA hostel you just feel like one big and loving family! Absolutely great job guys! I love your hostel!!! Hope to see you one day :) Karol, Poland

Wada was recommended by a friend and I can see why. A true gem of a place that has just about everything to offer that made my stay more enjoyable than I had anticipated. Their budget tours are sublime and probably one of the best I've taken throughout my travels and I was finally able to access Facebook and my email properly here with their special network. The staff however are the icing on the cake. They add a special touch to this place with their devoted attention and welcoming smiles.

• 3rd May 2014

Very nice hostel with good food and great staff. Only downside were some guests who kept everyone awake all night until the morning, even after many requests from staff and other guests to keep it down. The hostel did not take any action after that, they stayed for several more nights.

Dear guest, thanks for staying with Wada. We do feel sorry for the noise made by the young group, and we tried so many times to stop them and tried to move them into the bar instead of yard, we did that nearly every hour until 7am, but it seems that they got too drunk and lost their mind, but after that they apologized for it and didn't make noise any more even they stayed here 6 nights. On another side it means everyone loves Wada so much. :D Thanks for your kindness and have nice trip. Wada

Still the best hostel I've stayed at in China!

Wada hostel really figured out what you need when visiting Guilin. It is all China outside, and after touring around Guilin all day it was great to come back to a relaxing, inviting environment at the hostel. The menu was great, the friday barbecue was also very enjoyable. we had a great time in Guilin, and Wada made it all easier.

The staff are really helpful with tips for getting around Guilin and Yangshuo. They can help you to arrange tours, or give you advice to get around on your own. The bar area is nice, and the food is good. The rooms are clean and have lockers. I would recommend this hostel, for sure.