Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

I was told that I arrived too late to attend the Friday buffet, even though people continued to eat for the next hour. Then, three quests were continually smoking and talking loudly in the courtyard, until 1:30 in the morning. You could smell their smoke all over the non-smoking rooms. I asked the staff to tell them to be quiet. The staff person said we already told them a couple of times. So, I asked the quests to be considerate of others. The quests were rude and smirked.

Hey, thanks for staying at Wada again. You arrived at 9:30pm when BBQ was nearly finished (it started at 7:30pm). Same with when you joined in this Jan. need sign up in advance so we can prepare enough food for everyone. But we still shared some BBQ with you FOR FREE and you were still not happy! We also asked guests moving into the bar not in the yard and they did lower voice. They were happy and lovely guests. We hope you enjoy traveling and keep on being happy. Thanks. Team Wada

The best hostel I stayed at in China. The girls there are extremely hospitable and welcoming. Had a thoroughly great time.

• 4th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The girls are extremely helpful and nice. The atmosphere in the hostel is also great. Does a great variety of food reasonably priced. Would definitely recommended this hostel for Guilin. Thanks for a great stay girls!

good location,good staff , but I booked the draft from Yangdi to Xingping was too expensive , later a backpacker told me it just need 90 yuan , well wada charges 250 yuan for it .

Hey, Thanks for staying with Wada. For the bamboo raft, on Li River there're many different piers and cost different money. The one you took was the most beautiful part of Li River, also transportation, guide ,raft and insurance all included. You can get lots of information about how to save money from us as well, but we guarantee you the safest and best experience. Thanks again. Team Wada

It is definitely the best hostel I've been to. The wada girls are amazing, they care for you and everything you need. You have hostel, bar and restaurant with delicious dishes in one place and a wonderful terrace where you can meet wonderful people to exchange your experiences of traveling China and all the other things in life. Don't miss the barbecue Friday!!

Wada girls are the sweetest.

One of the best hostels we have been in China. The staff is amazing, very helpful and funny. They helped us topping up some money on our chinese SIM card for free. The rooms are clean, internet is OK for chinese standards. Nice atmosphere as the staff is trying to organise a lot of parties / events. We only stayed one night but it was very memorable

Room was starting to look a bit tired. The duvet was too thick for summer condions. But overall would recommend. Staff were extremely helpful, thank you girls. Good food, incl BBQ which really was all you can eat. Free use of washing machines in evening. We liked the place.

very friendly staff with excellent English language abilities

Very nice place with events almost very night that turns the atmosphere really good in there! Nice restaurant and bar as well.

Staff were lovely, bar area was nice and chilled. They put on activities which gave the place a nice atmosphere. Rooms were fine (if not quite as modern as the wada in Yangshuo). Would recommend :)

Wonderful staff! Friendly, helpful, really create a welcoming atmosphere, enthusiastically gave advice on what to do. 4bed dorms are ensuite, a treat since most hostels in China have washrooms shared among much more people. Comfortable common area (muggy in summer), washing facilities and big area to hang dry clothes outside. Yangshou tour cool, although mixed with Chinese tour group so careful to stay together. Rice terrace tour no Eng speaking guide, I would've liked more info on the area!

This hostel had everything: amazing food, amazing staff and a great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

The biggest bunk beds I have seen traveling in China! And super cosy with the little curtains. I can fully recommend the hostel!

From their website with great information, to their confirmation of my booking, to the extreme friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, this was a great visit! In general, hosteling is about affordability, meeting others from all over the world and having fun. This hostel exceeded expectations, with reading room, TV room, pool table, good food, great outdoor covered area and a rather convenient location: 10 minute walk from the train station and bus stops near by.

Best hostel I stayed in during my trip through China. The rooms were nice and clean, with lockers for your luggage. The staff was amazing! (friendly, funny, very helpful and spoke great English) and it was a great place to meet new people. With the busses stopping right out front it is very easy to reach every sight in Guilin. The trips offered by the hostel are great and well worth their money. I would definitly stay there again.

Very good stay in Wada hostel, everything was perfect and particularly the "Wada girls" who have a very helpful attitude. One of the best hostel I stayed.

Probably the best Hostel I've stayed in and will stay in. The staff is absolutely amazing and the atmosphere is also great!

• 15th Aug 2014

Thank you for a lovely stay. Great place with a lovely staff that were always helpful and really gave you a lot of good energy every day! The atmosphere was fantastic so you got to meet alot of fellow travelers. If I come back this will be the place where I stay!

the staff are NOT very nice to Chinese tourists. there is no wifi on the 2nd floor.

I would like to address this review as we are deeply saddened and also offended by it. Our hostel demonstrates customer service at its highest level and we absolutely respect everyone who walks through our doors with zero discrimination. We truly try our very best to make sure everyone has a wonderful time here. We really cannot understand why you would say such a thing to us. It is not right and you have hurt everyone here at Wada with your remarks.