Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

2040 Total Reviews

We had such a fantastic stay here that we ended up extending our stay by 2 nights! We were lucky to be there for both the Dumpling Party and the BBQ night which were both amazing. Without a doubt the best hostel we stayed at during our 6 weeks in China- the staff were so welcoming and friendly and really made us feel at home and comfortable! Can't recommend this hostel enough! (Really comfy beds too)

The Wada girls (staff) here are amazing!. So friendly and helpful! it was very refreshing. Jeanine helped us with planning transport to Longji Rice Terraces and planning our bamboo raft trip to yangshou the next day even though we arrived pretty late at night. She was funny, helpful and patient. Another wada girl even let me leave my cloths drying up in the cloths line while i had already checked out for my trip to yangshou. I was able to come back and pick up my dry cloths. Excellent service

The Wada girls are so friendly and welcoming, and they speak the best English of all the hostels I stayed in China. The food is excellent and the Friday night BBQ is well worth. The atmosphere in the whole place makes it easy to meet others. And the best part is there above and beyond service. It was pouring rain the day I left and a staff member walked me out with a huge umbrella and helped me flag a taxi. Thanks Wada girls, you're great!!

The guys at Wada do a great job. Even though we only stayed for the night as we had to catch a flight early the next morning, we still managed to meet some great people at the hostel within that time, and found it a nice place to chill out. Will definitely be back for more!

We had a very good time in the Wada hostel, especially the BBQ was great! Thanks for being so kind and helpful, we really enjoyed our stay.

Amazing staff - especially Monika :) Great food, great beds, super clean and a very nice atmosphere. Most amazing hostel that I have stayed in in China so far. Highly recommended!

Excellent hostel. The staff were great which created a great atmosphere and the rooms were clean and spacious. The tours were good value for money also. When looking for the hostel follow the given instructions and the stone dragons will eventually appear at the end of the road!

The staff were amazing and so helpful!

Loved wada!!! The best/most unique part about this hostel has to be the staff. They are so wonderful and accomadating, I really can't stress how amazing they were. You can find good facilities anywhere you travel, but such wonderful people are a dime a dozen!

Wada was definitely one of my favs!! the receptionists were exceptional and the best service i've had in china over the past few months, so welcoming and helpful. The atmosphere was perfect, made heaps of friends every day i was there. Loved that the hostel did functions each night > BBQ night was amazing! and you definitely get lots of food and meet lots of great people! I usually don't write long reviews but this hostel was just great! > Beds were amazing too! thanks guys x

Staff was amazing! would recommend forsure!

Great hostel, nice staff

Great environment. Reqlly easy to meet people in the large public spaces. My only issue was with the amount of mosquitoes in the bathroom.

Wada is the most accommodating hostel I have stayed at. The staff is fantastic and it was a great environment for meeting other travelers. The Friday BBQ is a must.

We loved Wada hostel, very reasonable and brilliant value for money. The rooms are clean, comfortable beds and lockers. Common areas are huge, comfortable and modern with fast wifi and laundry is free!! The food they sell in house is made fresh in huge portions and is tasty and healthy. Best thing of all was the friendliness of the staff - they were welcoming and helpful and all went the extra mile! Location is central and easily accessible - would definitely stay again! Thanks Wada girls! x

• 21st Oct 2015

Pretty well the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in! Let me recap the positives: roomy dorms, comfortable beds, fantastic location, amazing and attentive staff, free laundry, delicious and well-priced food, information and tours desk, travel information geared towards backpackers, hot showers, toilet paper always in stock, rooms cleaned daily! Wonderful hostel and I look forward to my stay there again really soon!

I enjoyed my time in Wada. The hostel was very clean and tidy. Staff were nice and patient. They offered free laundry after 4pm too.

Anny is super helpful!

Fantastic hostel in a great location walking distance to the main train and bus station. Staff were friendly and the hostel was very clean

Staff were very friendly even before my arrival with a personal email send to me even before my arrival. However their bbq night was pretty bad as the choice of food is very limited and quite spicy to some of us. To make matters worst, they even inaccurately told us about the type of meat that they are serving us. This is as some of us have dietary restrictions due to religious issues. They just merely give us a passive form of apology and walk away after that. That is very irresponsible of them

Thank you for your stay. It is however unfortunate that you had issue with our BBQ as we do take pride in our famous Friday tradition. Please note that in terms of variety, we have about 10 options to choose from between meat and vegetables which we believe is more than fair given the feedback we've received by many guests. As for the spice, we cater to a western palate and don't add much spice at all. We do understand guests have dietary restraints and do our best to meet them. Team Wada