Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Great hostel, the staff are amazing, very helpful, and great to talk to. Good common area, clean rooms. Would recommend a stay here. Only thing i think they could change is the deposit amount for hiring a bike, 800 is a bit too much to expect, but they will let you leave a credit card there, and only 30 rmb for the day, great way to get around town, also you wont be short of food on friday for the barbeque

Wada was a great hostel to stay at! The wada girls were so helpful and so friendly. The atmosphere was nice, the decor in the common areas modern and funky, a relaxing place to hang out and meet other people. The food at the Wada bar was good and they had great coffee! the location is ok, a bit of a walk into town - id suggest a taxi, but there were plenty of food places and shops around the hostel. Definitely stay here if you're heading to Guilin!!

This is my first hostel experience and thanks to Wada girls, It was a memorable one. My wife liked it mostly. It is definitely better than any hotel I have stayed.

The Wada Girls Rock. The best hostel so far. Stayed an extra night . Loved the BBQ, the staff and the Beer.

Thank you for your rocking review and for rocking with us the whole time! =) Team Wada

Perfect hostel, comfortable rooms, very nice and welcoming wada girls, and wonderful evenings with them (Barbecue party). The Li river tour is also incredible, we did the largest one, and we clearly not regret it. Thank you!

Thank you for your review! Glad you can join us for our BBQ! It's always a blast! Have a pleasant trip! Team Wada

I had a nice stay in Wada Hostel, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and speaks very good English. The rooms are clean and the communal areas are really comfortable. The bathrooms could be a bit cleaner but they are okay. There are washing machines free to use which is great. The only thing you might avoid is taking a shower before check in. The common bathroom is cold and has a horrible concrete floor. I can tell that it's also cold there in the middle of november...

Thank you for your review! Please note that our common bathroom is restricted only to our staff as all guests have access to their own private washrooms, which are all tiled. =) We made an exceptional case for you as you requested that you really needed to take a shower after your long trip and your room wasn't ready at the moment. We're still very happy that you enjoyed your stay here! Rest assured, Wada is always committed to giving our guests the most comfortable experience.

Absolutely superb hostel, they're doing it right- super friendly staff, very cool vibe, great common area and great dorms (with curtain and en suite). Bit out of the way, but well-connected by bus 10.

Thank you for your support! We're always trying to be the best we can possibly be! Team Wada

I really enjoyed my stay at Wada - the staff were super-friendly and helpful, everything was really clean and comfortable and food etc was good too.

Thank you for your review! We're all super happy for your support! =)

It is the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. The Wada girls are AMAZING, honestly it was like going home, everyone is super helpful, friendly, kind the atmosphere is warm and polite!!! I am thinking about going to Guilin again just to stay at Wada one more time. The food was amazing, price excellent...I have nothing bad to say about wada. LOVED IT!!!!!!

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We can't wait to see you again. You have big warm hugs waiting for you when you return! =) Team Wada

Everyone here was extremely friendly and helpful with everything. Their English was also the best that I've ever encountered at a hostel. I would definitely recommend staying here. Also, it's filled with tons of great people from countries around the world, so you're guaranteed to meet some pretty cool people as well.

• 9th Nov 2013

Have to say, one of best hostels in China after 2months of travelling. Good food, ok coffee, excellent facilities. Clean toilets and showers, lots of ppl and nice atmosphere. BBQ on fridays is recommended for the price! Only major grievance is the sluggish wifi, my chinese 2G mobile connection was faster and more reliable. The staff is truly nice and helpful with excellent english skills. /Nokia.

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to attend our famous BBQ. We do want to make note of the Wifi issue that you experience. Please know we make every effort to provide the best and most reliable Wifi networks available to our guests because we deeply understand the value of "being connected". That's why we provide 4 wifi networks + Facebook network. You may have been unaware of our additional Wifi networks and we apologize for that.

Good english, awesome Western food, and Pancakes! Need I say more.

The hostel is a bit obsessed with hostelworld ratings. We had a great stay, best atmosphere, cosy well run hostel, fun, great bbq fridays, nice cheap street food just outside the hostel. Really helpful staff, probably the best english speaking hostel staff we've met so far in China. The only downside with this place is the location, but it's still within walking distance from the bus station, and city center. We would come back here!

fantastic stay, really nice people, super good english speaking crew, good offers, amazing breakfast (especially if you consider to be in China). One of the best hostels ever stayed in and the best hostel we have stayed so far in China

I had a fantastic time- brilliant staff, great atmosphere and very easy to meet people for trips to yangshou etc. highly recommend this hostel! Chris

• 6th Nov 2013

Only stayed overnight but no complaints. Dorms were fine and ensuite bathrooms were clean. Staff are excellent. Really helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Safely kept my bag for me while I travelled around Guangxi.

The staff here were incredible, they were so welcoming. The hostel has really thought about everything, such as the little touches like preparing a packed lunch for tours etc.

Guilin was our last place to visit on our one-month-long trip to China. But we wished it had been the first. After going to four and three stars hotels around China, we can say this hostel is 100% better than those. It was so stressful that people in 4 stars hotels don’t know a bit of English. So it was so easy to tour around Guilin by ourselves thanks to Wada’s staff. 1. They speak perfect English and they’re very smart too. 2. Hostel that feels like home. They are all very welcoming, even the

The winning hand in this hostel is the staff. The girls will help you immensely in helping you with all your needs in Guilin and its surrounding towns. They all speak excellent English and are very friendly. Excellent facilities, even a dedicated wifi for accessing FB and Youtube. Try their dumplings, cheap and tasty! Also their coffee in the mornings.

This is how a hostel should be.