Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Location is good for transit. When you wanna go to yangshuo the next day. Rooms were OK, but quite noisy. There is no wifi in the room, just in the common area.

Very nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, some even knew my name when I entered. I was surprised and felt welcome. Very good location, 10 min to train station on foot, a lot of buses in front of the hostel. I enjoyed also the Dumpling party. Comfortable bed, but the room was small for four luggages. Even though I recommend it and I will come back to this hostel.

The food in the restaurant it's expensive, n the breakfast made me stomach paint every time I ate it. The staff so lovely!!!

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Regarding our food, we believe our prices are fair considering our large portion sizes and our commitment to offering the freshest ingredients that make our costs high. Our chef is formally trained and uses proper food handling and cooking methods to ensure that all dishes that leave the kitchen are safe to eat. We don't hear of any issues from other guests with our food but every guest is different and food sensitivity may occur. Hope you are well.

Very helpful and friendly staff, nice cosy atmosphere, very enjoyable.

First and foremost the staff at Wada are excellent. They couldn't be more friendly, helpful and entertaining. The Friday night BBQ is good fun ... I've never seen so much food so come hungry. Location was good as on the local bus route and close to train station plus the organised transport from the airport was a god send after flight delays etc. I wish I felt as positive about the city of Guilin though which I think struggles to entertain tourists. Best to organise trips if staying

Wada was excellent hostel. I would recommend it. The Wada girls were so helpful with everything. It was such a fun environment. Wada has been one of my favorite hostels that I have been in. It was clean and safe. The location is good too. It is a little bit far away from the rice terrace and the Li River but with help from the hostel you can book through them and enjoy a day trip to both of those places. Look no further for a hostel in Guilin.

• 30th May 2014

The staff was deffenetly the best part of my experience with the hostel. The rooms where very clean, and the atmosphere was excellent. Plus the food they serve is quite good too. I can recommend staying here!

Very pleasant stay at Wada hostel, the staff is very heplfull and always available. The hostel is little bit outside the center but it's very easy to catch at the bus station (5min by foot), fast and cheap, to go everywhere around Guilin. The bar is very cool, nice food and drinks, and there also a pool table, free wifi and computer.

I loved this hostel. They ran great tours to the Li River and the Dragon Terraces. The food was very good and the beer and baidjo were cheap. The best part was the staff. Monica and the rest of the Wada girls were super friendly, professional, and just plain fun to hang around. You should come to Wada!

Wada hostel is the pinnacle of human's nomadic existence. The staff were delivered from heaven by Confucious himself for the sole purpose of making Guilin's many visitors want to stay in and not see Guilin. Masters of sass and champions of flirtation, their bi-lingual fluency allows them to convey their wealth of knowledge with the precision and accuracy of a Yangshuo fishing bird. Facilities are top notch and the location is very convenient. We quite liked it.

• 25th May 2014

Great place to stay and meet people. The atmosphere was just very welcoming, staff are very friendly and very resourceful. The location was good, very close to restaurants and a shopping center which has many stuff including a bank. The Dumpling Day was also very fun, get to meet people and make dumplings.

A great hostel with a familiar atmosphere. You will find easy access to all important busses - it is also located next to the train-station. The friendly and helpful WADA-girls make the unique stay memorable! Thanks especially to Su Chen, Cai Chengcheng and Zhou Chanjuan! Nice greets from Austria (soon), Markus

Wada was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was absolutely incredible. So welcoming, so kind, and so helpful. I stayed there on my Birthday and they even gave me homemade cake and made sure my time there was special. The rooms and common area were comfortable and the location is pretty good. I can't say enough good things about Wada. I recommend Wada and hope that I will have the opportunity to stay there again. Thanks Wada for the great experience!

So lovely place and friendly staff. 謝謝!

• 19th May 2014
  • China

This place is amazing! Monica was so helpful and funny and helped us with everything we needed. We loved staying here and want to go back!

Cleanliness is common area was great but cleanliness in the rooms weren't as great but it's unavoidable types like spiders and the smell of the bathroom.

Hello Tina, Thanks for staying with us. We enjoyed the happy time spent together. Also congratulations that you saw other beings in the garden, sometimes you can see tiny frogs looking at you in the yard:D, you are a brave girl because you didn't scream! As you know it has been raining over 6 months here, it's so hard to keep everything dry and smell sunny. We try our best and wait for sunshine. Have a nice trip. Team Wada

Nice hostel. Bar/restaurant area with pool table and TV room, so there was a nice atmosphere in the evenings. Rooms were clean and good value. Staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English. Helped out with tours and travel advice but always felt like they were trying to sell us something. Not an issue though. Lockers in reception for extra security if you’re worried about keeping valuables in your room. A little bit out of town so location wasn’t perfect but not too far to walk to town.

The staff was very friendly and patient. They made the stay all the more better.

• 15th May 2014

Staying at Wada Hostel was great fun! There is a very pleasant atmosphere and the staff really makes you feel like home. They are also extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel provides a great variety of international tasty breakfasts at a very good price! Also the touristic tours provided by the Hostel are very helpful, especially if you didn't plan anything for your stay in Guilin. If we would visit Guilin again we will definitely choose to stay at Wada!

• 14th May 2014
  • Romania

Staff here were so friendly and helpful. We only stayed here one night before travelling to yangshuo and one night on the way back, this meant we had to leave very early one morning and come in very late the other and the staff made sure they helped us out. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean and the good was excellent and very cheap. One of the best hostels we have stayed in yet.