Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Best place ever!!!! Staff was great, kind and friendly. I'll go back.

• 28th May 2015

The service is excellent. The staff really enjoys helping travelers find the best experience. They speak very good English and they go the extra mile to help in whatever you may need. Rooms are clean and spacious, friendly and fun atmosphere. Their Friday All-you-cam-eat BBQ is bomb!! Hot water, great food and fast internet. Definitely among the top 3 best hostels I've stayed in.

Wada hostel is perfect! Would recommend to anyone! 4 bed dorms as well as twin room were clean and very comfortable, great showers too. The food was amazing with western and Chinese dishes - the homemade chips were heavenly! BBQ every Friday is great for getting to know other travellers. A special thanks to the staff who were outstanding so friendly and English was perfect! I left my folder in the dorm and they mailed it to me in another hostel - Caroline you're the best! 10/10 for service xoxo

Very friendly and helping staff, always happy to help for any request.

The Wada girls are lovely indeed. :-) Nice atmosphere, good energy. Only stayed for one night, but we had all we needed and they helped us book our boat ride on the Li River.

All the staff here are really friendly! Made it ten times better

I really liked the hostel, the staff was super friendly, very helpful and all in all I had a very good stay. Also it was easy to get to from the shuttle bus station. I had some problems though. The dorm rooms have only windows to a hallway which is actually outside but these windows get never opened. Therefore the room and all the fabrics including the mattress smell moldy. It was awful already upon entering but sleeping in it was even worse.

Hey thanks for staying with us. We are really sorry for what you suffered here. Actually we have been suffering it nearly 3 months, too much rains and never stops, it makes everything so wet even we have tried best to use drier and all facilities we can get. We are waiting for sunshine :) Please bring sunshine for us! Have nice trip. Team Wada

best hostel in china, just anything what a backpacker needs! clean spacious secure rooms (comfy beds

This was the nicest hostel I have stayed at in Beijing for the amount that I paid. And the staff is incredible! The Wada Girls were extremely helpful and always willing to talk to us. Thank you for everything!

• 22nd May 2015

Employees were extremely friendly and spoke excellent English!

• 22nd May 2015

Good location and value for money. Mostly foreigners come here. Hotel offers lots of services, events and tours, and service is very attentive. Friends and I did the "Luxury Boat Tour on the Li River" because weather did not permit the bamboo raft tour. I don't recommend this tour - very expensive and mediocre service. Not worth the 400 RMB. Otherwise, great hostel!

• 21st May 2015

Wada Hostel was amazing, best beds in China, and the wada girls go out of the way to help you

Helpful, friendly staff and good food. Dorm rooms have loads of locker space and curtains by each bed for privacy. Common area was very cosy and social. Only downside was the tour I booked with the hostel (luxury boat cruise). It was not "luxury" in any way and was very disappointing for the price paid. Go to this hostel because it's great, but don't do the luxury boat tour!

Very good hostel, it was a pleasure to be here.

• 19th May 2015

As good as hostels come. Great staff. Great food if you can't be bothered going out. Amazing beds. Good air conditioning. Good lockers. Lots of help with tours and train bookings.

It was a fantastic hostel to stay in for a few nights. The staff gave me a warm welcome and were a great help for organising some sightseeing around Guilin! The Dim Sum Party was the best part of my stay.

• 17th May 2015
  • Luxembourg

We have been in China for five weeks now and this is by far the most incredible hostel we have come across!!!! The staff are AMAZING!! Within five minutes I got the warmest hello and they knew my name before even checking their records! The dorms are also pretty sweet- private curtains and a verrrry large bed to boot! We are actually planning on returning again next week after staying in their sister hostel in Yangshou! The food is also to die for and I seriously recommend the fries :)

The place is abit difficult to find but the hostel is very nice and clean and the stuff is very friendly and helpful . Best hostel iv been to so far.

The staff was very great and helpful. locatio looks fine but didnt stay long as Guilin is just another chinese city, good base to see the countryside. Nice billard table tohave a game in the evening

A truly great hostel where you will have a great time and which you won't want to leave.