Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

2036 Total Reviews

Excelent hostel. Excelent service!

Extremely friendly and nice! So useful for any questions I had, and their english was great.

I really enjoyed the stay in the Wada Hostel! Normally in the hostel in China there are not many foreigner and in Wada I met so many cool people. Thank you Wada for such a good athmosphere!

Excellent hostel. A nice oasis from the hustle of Guilin. The staff had been incredible. Super friedly and hilarious they made the place feel like home. Dorms did get a little stuffy and the ensuite shower would sometimes flood the bathroom, but the food from the restaurant was fantasic! 100% recommend.

Excellent hostel

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in so far. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful but what makes this place is the wonderful environment. The hostel feels so home-y and has a great common area that makes it easy to meet people. They also organize a lot of great events that make it a fun place to be. Had a great time!

The Wada in Guilin is definitely my favorite hostel so far. It´s a pity I just stayed there for one night since Guilin was just a short stop between Yangshuo and Chengdu. Everyone working there was very friendly and willing to help with whatever wanted to know. The hostel clean and worth the money. I even tried some food there and would recommend the Sandwichs they have. :D

The staff is very helpful and nice. The location is really good if you are planning trips from the southern train station or the bus station, otherwise it might be a bit far south in the city. The hostel has a really good restaurant which serves western as well as Asian food for western stomachs. The food is really good and the prices decent.

Great hostel with excellent transport links! The rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast is amazing, particularly the maple pancakes. The Longji Rice Terraced tour was good, although we would have liked a lot longer there for the amount of travelling required. Only disappointment was that my credit card had been charged for the full amount in advance of turning up and without my permission, though the staff were very apologetic. Would stay at Wada again!

The staff - also called the Wada girls - make your stay there worth while and are passionately dedicated to help you with all your travel concerns. Seriously amazing service. Definite highlight of this hostel is the night guard Uncle Joe whom I always will be thankful for his concert, drinks and necklaces! Great nights. The facilities are perfect with nice ensuite bathrooms and huge comfortable bunk beds, that are big enough to even for two people. Thank you a lot, Wada team!

Very very good and helpfull Stuff. Was bit pricey, twice the regular price, because of the Chinese holidays, this is why value for money is just good. But very good hostel with great atmosphere.

The hostel was excellent. The staff speak excellent English and the beds have curtains to give you some privacy. Would definately stay there again

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They have some great pre-arranged trips you can do though we didn't take advantage of that. We stayed in a single room and the bed was AMAZING. Sometimes traveling in China you find planks rather than beds and this was a great treat. There was a great little market across the street with cheap breakfast I'd recommend.

Great hostel! Tasty food and lovely interiors. We only stayed there for one night but came back another day for lunch, coffee and cake. The only problem we had was that the other people staying there were very loud at night, because we could hear them talking in the terrace. But we'd still recommend this hostel!

Stayed at Wada Hostel for the whole week because of Golden Week. It was the best choice we could have made. The staff went above and beyond to make our long stay feel shorter. We loved all activities Wada had for us from the tours to the weekly dumpling making party and huge barbecue (so much food!). Great menu and food served in the restaurant as well. We definitely recommend Wada Hostel to anyone visiting Guilin and area. A special thank you to Monica for making us feel like family :-)

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really liked this hostel, and most of all the staff. They are very friendly and speak perfect english. The common area is large and buzzing with people, and has many facilities. Only downside was that my room was adjecent to the terrrace, where you could hear some drinking in the evening. Still though, I'd definately stay here again.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed inn. Super friendly staff, very clean, big comfortable beds with curtains for privacy and ensuite bathrooms. Great social atmosphere and the food is really fresh and tasty. The breakfast is especially good. Again, the staff is always very helpful and fun to hang out with too.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. Although it is located in what appeared to be an auto repair district of the city, requiring a good 20-30 minute walk to the downtown area, the hostel itself was quite nice. The beds were SO comfortable and big!!! The rooms and bathrooms were spacious and clean. Staff held a dumpling making party the night we stayed, so we got to meet a lot of other travelers and have fun.

• 28th Sep 2015

I was very impressed with Wada and had an amazing time there! I did free dumplings on Monday night and they were delicious! Also the food there is outstanding and had lots of Western options which I loved (as I have been living in China awhile) The staff are super helpful and I was very happy with my time their. One thing, when you are looking to do tours make sure you check out all the options, Wada is cheaper but sometimes it is just as easy and cheaper to take the city bus! Thanks Wada

Super friendly staff. Dumpling party is fun. The food is really tasty and portion sizes are very generous. Only very minor drawbacks are the lack of wifi in the rooms, no secondary lighting option in our room and mozzie incense coils in the corridors would be welcome. Top hostel!