7.9
Very Good 199 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 199 Total Reviews
Walaba Hostel and Beach Houses Located at 6km after Puerto Viejo, in Punta Uva beach, 100 mts after Selvins Rest, Puerto Viejo.
Costa Rica
Puerto Viejo 6km after Puerto Viejo, in Punta Uva beach,, 100 mts after Selvin�s Rest
79% 199
9.6376459 -82.7019882
    Rooms available

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
29th Aug 2016
7.4

Nice Hostel, very unique and different then the basic hostel you will find. I wouldn't stay again just for the fact that it is a ways out of Puerto Viejo and taxis or catching a bus is just extra money being spent. But if you have plans that are outside of town it is perfect.

20th Aug 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. We took a private room and had a little porch, our own bathroom, our own kitchenette and a double bed. They allowed us to park our car, and I'd say security was top notch. Couldn't get into the property without a key, and couldn't get into the room without our own key. Our lights weren't fully working within the room but there were several sources for lighting so in the end it wasn't bad. I'd have to say- I don't think the facility is cleaned often.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

Adored the two nights I spent here. It really felt like home...was very comfortable and the staff made it an incredibly memorable experience. Walaba embodies the pura vida lifestyle. It literally felt as though I were sleeping in the middle of the rainforest. AMAZING.

16th Jun 2016

This is a jungle bungalow palace 3 minutes to the Caribbean Sea. Takes 40 minutes walking from Puerto Viejo, or a $10 cab-ride.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
31st May 2016

We had a great time at Walaba Hostel! If you want to relax and enjoy the nature, this is the place for you! The owner is a very nice lady who will help you with whatever problem you have and you can also book tours with her. The ambiente at the hostel is beautiful and you can see that it's renovated with a lot of love. It's located outside of puerto viejo in punta uva, but there is a bus and you can also hitchhike,so it's pretty easy to reach. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

4th Apr 2016

Nice place to stay. Very relaxing and laid back. Near the beach, but not noisy and touristy. It feels like a tree fort. It is outside of the main town of Puerto Viejo, but if you want to go into town it is easy enough with buses or cabs. You can walk to beach in 5 minutes. There was a dog and cat when I was there. Very cute. No breakfast though.