Walaba Hostel and Beach Houses Reviews

6km after Puerto Viejo, in Punta Uva beach, 100 mts after Selvin�s Rest, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Charming atmosphere. Excellent place to stay but a bit far from Puerto Viejo. Better if you have a car.

Not the best experience. The owner didn't pay her bills so the power was cut to the hostel resulting in the guests having no light or electricity to cook etc. if it wasn't for the staff covering the owners ass we would have left. If you are heading to this area I'd stay somewhere else.

staff could not help at all although they were friendly. the price was to high and the exchange rate dollar to collones is really bad at walaba. and to pay 3,50$ for one bottle of water is just a joke especially because you pay less in the good restaurant around the corner. our bed was very uncomfortable and much to short.

I rated price and location poor because there are better and cheaper places just out of township. I arrived at 7 pm so that is why I booked but next day found better alternatives. Had to pay an extra $6 for shuttle. Not a bad bus service into town. Having said that I was warmly greeted by Sara who is looking after hostal very well and all guests are made to feel at home. One advantage about location it is only 10 mi utes walk from nice surf beach.

• 19th Apr 2015

My girlfriend and I arrived here after a long travel day from San Jose. We where both expecting something rather decent after seeing the price of $25 per night per person. Unfortunately our private room was not up to scratch, the mattress was on the floor and the room itself was barley big enough to move around in, also beside the fact you have to hike a 65 degree ladder to the room. The common room is awesome, they have done well there. Need to improve private room, drastically.

I love this place, absolutely adorable and comfy, with all you want in a hostel. Out of the noise & bustle of town, there are toucans everywhere, and the howlers were near.

View all Puerto Viejo Hostels