Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location, good staff, good people to meet and socialize with. Breakfast is lame and bar is minuscule, but the happy hour 2 for 1 is good for an apertif buzz.

Most important, the staff is very friendly and always willing to help. I had a good service for a good price. Maybe the lockers can be larger so at least 1 small backpack would fit in them. Thanks

I traveled through South America for three months, staying almost exclusively in hostels. This was definitely the best hostel I stayed at in the trip and it made Rio de Janeiro a highlight for me. The hostel premises itself are good and clean. the air conditioning in the rooms and public areas was a great advantage because Rio is HOT HOT HOT in the summer. Basic, fun bar. The real highlight is the people - the very friendly staff, whose enthusiasm spills over into the guests = amazing atmosphere

One of the best hostels in South America!!! Hands down!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful! They have very good breakfast! The bar upstairs have happy hour for 2 for 1 caprinia (may have not spelled this right) I met women of my dreams here! I also made really good friends with fellow travelers!! The atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. I made friends from all over the world... In fact I'm visiting them currently as we speak! The night watchman is bit strict but rest is cool!

The air conditioning was at 19 degrees and that is not acceptable.

• 21st Dec 2014

It is a great hostel,it is cleaned everyday,it is so close to the beach,the staff is very friendly and i suggest next time they can have some cold water for us and it would be great if we could use the air conditioning too...

Besides temporarily not having computers available and the price being sky high due to christmas-new years-summer vacation, incredible stay with the sweetest and most helpful of staff! Thank you Matheus, Charlotte, Pedro and all the rest for a fantastic time!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Israel

The best place to stay in Rio! The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful! The location is ideal: near the bus stops, metro and the beach. The atmosphere at the hostel was one of the best I've ever experienced! I think it had a good price-quality relation :)

The staff is the biggest asset of this hostel. Everyone waa extremely helpful and positive! Very secure and helpful. They offer tours or they help you with directions.The bar is awesome. Thank you people!

The hostel is right in the middle of Copacabana, just a few blocks away from the beach, subway and everything you may need. The breakfast is simple but hearty and the atmosphere is spot on. The welcome caipirinha you get and the little map with all spots around shows how much they care. If I had to complain about something it would be that the bathrooms and lockers are kinda small. But the few cons are made up by the fantastic staff, and more.They are so helpful and kind! Coming back for sure!

I was supposed to stay 10 days in this city, but the whole environment in this hostel with the nicest staff ever, full of good ideas and plans, always available and ready to help and even more, the nicest location close to the best beaches of the city, in a safe area, a good size of 30 beds which is little enough to keep a familial Spirit to this red house, I feel like at home and that's one of the reasons why I stayed longeron this amazing city, muito obrigado galeras ! Beijos Xx

the only problem was, that the staff called a taxi, driver was drunk, no official taxi and drive back wards aainst the traffic,

My biggest complaints were: 1) too many mosquitoes, 2) AC and fans were broken so it was very hot, 3) people were allowed to smoke cigarettes in and near the building, so the smell of smoke was common, and 4) pillows need to be replaced. Other than that, the staff was great, Wifi was reliable, and the location was awesome.

No comments at all... Everything was absolutely great. Thanks for making our last days of the trip even better!

You can tell this hostel is run by hostelers. Every time you've been at a hostel and thought - "I really wish the hostel had ____" - they've almost got it all: a small, pocket sized map with translations of common phrases on it, soap in the bathrooms (seems obvious, but usually not standard), TV upstairs running highlights of things to do in the area, etc. They execute all of the little things - and the number one thing: AMAZING staff! Absolutely the most helpful employees I've come across.

1 2 3 Next » last »