Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

Internet was really bad, it disconnects you every 2 minutes. The comon room and the kitchen were very dirty, specially the microwave and the oven (I think that wasn't cleqned for months). Finally the room was only cleaned once during our 7 days stay.

There were 2 wifi points and the one from our was not working with the login data that they provided.. Therefore i had to go downstairs to use internet for connecting to the other wlan. Although there were cabins to lock my stuff, there is no locks provided on it.

If one wifi spot is not working it would be best to inform us, so we can fix it quickly. Fitting locks are provided at the reception. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Nice enough hostel, but no real hostel vibes. I wasn't there long so it's hard to really say, maybe it picks up a bit more. Definitely a nice enough place to just pass through the way I did.

They gave me a free upgrade to a 4-bunk dorm over the 6-bunk dorm I had paid for. The room was so cute, and the little lights and chargers next to each bed were amazingly convenient!

Probably best place I've stayed at for the money. Great and friendly staff. Good facilities. I'll return there given the opportunity.

Excellant hostel , very good location near to Metro station ... The staff was friendly .

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Greece

Nice selection of beers in the fridge. Good atmosphere on the ground floor. Location is nice as there are bars and restaurants down the street, and the hostel is right outside a metro station. As big city hostels go, this is about as good as they get.

Very good hostel. There was a band playing when I arrived, but was nice and by midnight they finished. I recommend this place.

Great place to stay in Cologne. Wonderful café downstairs, with a great atmosphere. Breakfast and cakes are highly recommended!

I will just sum it in 1 sentence: Perfect".

Only one thing I did not like was wifi connection. They could give you wifi password, which lasts 2 hours. However, you would lose your wifi if you logged out or had bad connections. Hostel was easy to find so its all good I guess.

Hostel staff are vvery good and unserstandable. They are really helpful for everything. Facilities are in good condition. Rooms are pretty nice and clean. There is only one missing which there is not shower jells in the showers and not a big problem. All over, that one is a great hostel for staying in Cologne.

weird antisocial crowd. not the cleanest and facilities are terrible

Nice place to stay, there's a bar downstairs and a park nearby!Staff are sound, they let me borrow their charger for 4 days in a row!

Secure (can have locker and padlock for free) and cheap, but all the rest was really bad. A LOT of noise from the street all the night, the reception is actually in the restaurant/bistro, therefore, there's no really nice atmosphere, no shared rooms and friendly entrance, games or something friendly to feel like in an hostel and meeting people easily. The staff is not so great, they take too long to answer you and they know nothing about the city, no shower gel and no hand soap in the washroom..

Nice and clean place outside of the core areas but right next to the metro. Super friendly staff. Cafe on main floor and a really cool bagel place up the block!

First time in Germany and the atmosphere and vibe of the hostel is great. There's a bar/cafe attached to the hostel and a convenient location with the train stop right outside. Also, there's a supermarket and restaurants/fast food in the general area. The rooms were clean, the beds comfy, and overall, a very pleasant stay.

Enjoyed my stay. But more like a hotel, as there was no kitchen facilities. Is u wanted a lounge to hang out in, you have to go to the reception area which is in a different building. But overall guite a nice place if u just need a place to sleep at night

Good reception!!! Clean room and a delicious breakfast!!! I like this place and, certainly, gonna to stay there again. Thank you! =D

• 1st Aug 2014

This place is pretty cool. The only draw back is the kitchen closing at night--they lock it up. Otherwise, I like the neighborhood and it's steps away from a metro stop. Good bang for your buck!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7