White Birch International Hostel Reviews

No. 186 Nan Hu Road, Urumqi, China

Location is pretty good. Buses to museum, bus and train station and bazaar nearby. Very friendly woman with great English at front desk. Male staff member not as knowledgeable and organized. Good common area with decent wifi. Rooms and bathrooms in pretty poor condition and no air conditioning. Would still recommend though.

Felt like a typical hostel so no complaints. The room had a lock, although I did book a 4 bed dorm I was given the 8 bed dorm as it was assumed that I preferred a room with a lock. It wasn't the cleanest place I've been to, but acceptable for Chinese standards. Location was great, very easy to get around the city from there and not too far from the air port. Staff were friendly and helpful from my dealings, although it will help if you know a little Chinese. a great cheap place to stay.

Really helpful staff, cozy atmosphere. Close to a park, Carrefour and busses. Sadly no working aircon in my room, so it got a bit hot.

Good hostel for travelling through. The staff were super enthusiastic and helpful and even hosted a tea party for us but gave us incorrect information regarding buying train ticket, and wouldn't help us book it online. Dorms were spacious and comfortable but dirty. Tissues under the bed , piles of dust everywhere. Showers were not too bad. Only western toilet- not cleaned daily. Good atmosphere, a few friendly foreigners. Guide book available. Good wifi in most areas.

Albeith not in the center, almost evrything I looked for was around the corner, including: train booking office, Bookstore with maps; bank for changing money, post office. Hence for me was is the best possible location as it made to organise my onwards cycling trip very easy. Not at least of the friendly help of the staff.

improve cleanliness in the room (our was quite dusty)....and materax and pillows were "chabuduo". very nice the livingroom at the first floor, but the toilets smell was sometimes very bad! :) we asked how to reach the airport and we were suggested to go to the hotel from which buses to the airport leave once per hour for 20 yuan/person.... but the taxi is supposed to be not more than 30 kuai (according to baidu.maps)!!

No locks on the dorm doors. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice atmosphere in the communal area. Clean toilets and showers, though they could do with some updating/maintenance. Good location.

It's a very nice place, the location was near a park. It was easy to go to most places, there was a chinese BBQ which we tried at the hostel and it was tasteful and nice. We could buy some groceries at the supermarket nearby. The staff spoke good english (and french) and was helpful when we wanted to get to the airport - they were helpful too when we called them from the train station as well. Overall a nice comfortable place which we enjoyed in our trip to Xinjiang!

• 13th Jun 2014