Wink Hostel Reviews

8A Mosque Street, Singapore, Singapore

very good location

I stayed at Wink for five nights and absolutely loved the place! I've stayed in many hostels around the word and this would count as one of my favourites on many factors. The staff is available 24/7 and very friendly/attentive. You can't ask for a better location than right behind Chinatown MRT either - unlike other places in Singapore. Incredibly clean, and the common areas are well-stocked with books and TVs. WiFi is fast (~10-30 Mbps) and accessible anywhere. Loved it!

Overall, it was a very nice hostel to stay in. It was clean, good location and the staff was helpful. But: I was staying in the top bunk and found that the ladder was quite steep. I felt like I had to jump off the ladder every time I climbed out of bed. Felt there wasn't hooks/pegs/places to put things in the bathroom. I noticed that the only available ones were generally taken up by the hostel staff?

I've been here more than 4 times already, and they are getting better. The bunk now has privacy curtains (YAY!), so no more peeking from your neighbor. However, i do believe the toilet could use a handheld shower for us (Asians) to use to clean our buttocks.

• 24th Apr 2015