Wink Hostel Reviews

8A Mosque Street, Singapore, Singapore

Second time at Wink Hostel, still a great value! Nice and clean.

One of nicest, cleanest, most modern hostels I've stayed in.

This is a great hostel. The staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful, the rooms are clean, the showers were excellent and there are good kitchen and laundry facilities. I felt safe and comfortable here which is important as a solo traveller. The only thing I would say is that the hostel is overpriced, it is definitely superior to some other hostels I have stayed in but it is still a hostel and I felt the price range was nearing that of a budget hotel.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. I say its worth the money I paid since the location in my personal opinion sited at the center of Singapore which is very easy from one point of destination to another. Too bad I had to head back to airport after a day of stay but I'd recommend the place and would probably go there next year with my folks to totally explore Singapore.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

I started off apprehensive at paying so much for Wink compared to hostels and guesthouses in Asia. Googling shows that Singapore hostels are all expensive(!!), and some look pretty basic. Glad I jumped on Wink, which turned out to be one of the best stays I have had in the region. Clean, very roomy all round, friendly and relaxed, good facilities, well designed, close to shops and easy to travel around from..... Worth the $.

• 13th Jan 2014

Because i am becoming too old for the usual hostel dormitory I choose this place knowing that it would attract a different crowd of pwoplw. The pod does of course provide some more privacy but with a couch placed just in front of my pod I would have liked to see some sort of curtain to close the pod even at the front. People staying at my room were all from Asia and not very sociable with people outside their group.

Overall this was a good, secure location. I certainly loved the system, but the atmosphere was lacking. It may have just been the mix of travelers at that moment, but I didn't feel the normal travelers spirit there. Breakfast was also so-so with a lot of kids running around. Now this is just a personal thing I suppose, but the coffee was terrible. Instant stuff already sweetened with milk in it. Gross. Otherwise good, but not a super special experience.

• 18th Dec 2013

Great location, very comfy matresses, super clean rooms, helpful staff sorted out Zoo tickets for us, etc. We had a great time! The only tiny little drawback is the lack of AC in the common areas, especially the bath and shower area. But we really enjoyed our stay - thank you!