Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Excellent location close to Hauptbahnhof (train, metro and subway). Helpful staff, clean building.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff is friendly, the bar is fun, and the atmosphere is welcoming. So thankful we had a fan in our room too!! The tour guide to Dachau was phenomenal. The internet was a bit spotty at times, but it was free and in the rooms as well. Breakfast is a great value! I would stay here again.

• 20th Jul 2014

Very convenient for transportation, but the neighbourhood didn't feel as safe as other areas for a woman walking alone after dark. Air conditioned atrium was really nice.

I love the location best! It's so in the center of the city, just a minute walking from hbf. The staff is really helpful, and the give us such a cool guide map. Both room and bathroom are clean and comfy, although in my first night there are some disturbing drunken noises from next door people. I notice that wombat has silent policy after 11pm, but appently those people are stupid. Well, overall, when in munich, go with wombats.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! Of course they are not stupid. :) They are just immune against sleep. They had a few "shots" too many ahahahaaa. I'm so funny. No seriously: if somebody - by accident!! - fails to comply with our noise policy feel free to report this to reception. Our night shifters will be happy to... "deal" with it. ;) Don't worry, we do comply with the human rights agenda of Geneva. They're mostly harmless. Thanks again and always know where your towel is!

very good place it has a good bar and is very comfy, the breakfast isn`t includedbut for 3.5 you get a delicious breakfast

As always the wombats chain of hostels is great. The staff at the munich hostel though were not overly helpful - when we asked any questions we were just handed a pamphlet sheet with information. But as always the hostel was really nice.

This place is awesome

God breakfast. Good locaton. Helpful staff. Clean communal areas

Wifi could be a little bit better.

I enjoyed my stay at Wombats. I had stayed there previously during my visit to Munich and enjoyed my 2nd stay just as much. I was thrown off by the fact that in an email confirmation i received it said that I owed 30.60 USD however when I went to go pay for my stay at the hostel they charged me 35.00 EVEN though I was able to show them the email I received that my remainder balance was 30.60.

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! I just checked your booking in our system and it says that we charged you EUR 25.52 (almost USD 35). Which is correct: 1 bed in a 6er is € 29.-, where you slept. You paid 12% as a deposit: 3.48 which leaves 25.52. I also checked the confirmation where it states exactly the same numbers. Since the e-mail confirmations are computer generated I`m not sure where the mistake happened. Anyway, feel free to send us a copy of that to be 100% sure. Thanks!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Went for the World Cup final in Munich, had a fantastic room, guys at reception recommended us an incredible beer garden to watch the game. also, their happy hour is very very well priced for Munich!

The location of the hostel is perfect for sightseeing Munich, but the neighborhood it is not so good. It is a strange place with strange people around.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Hi there! Thanks very much your comments! Well, you really have to like main station areas, that is true. Though the area seems kinda dodgy I can assure you that it ain't. Munich is one of the safest cities in Germany, even in our quarter... especially in our quarter. ;) You're more likely to get harrassed by police when crossing red lights on foot than being robbed or anything. That a fact. :) Always know where your towel is!

Great hostel in a great location! Right outside the train station, and everything is within walking distance (or just take a tram). The common area was a conservatory that had an outside feel but with a glass roof (very cool!). Wifi was not too great but worked in rooms most of the time. Generally clean. Has a bar and offers beer garden tours some nights. Beds were comfortable enough and they provided sheets!

• 11th Jul 2014

Wombats is incredibly close to the train station making it very easy for backpackers to come and go. The hostel was clean and tidy at all times, lockers in rooms are large enough and accessed by room cards (instead of bringing your own lock). The facilities are quite old, the hostel itself isn't very modern but it is very accessible to supermarkets, banks and the old part of town. Breakfast was reasonable for the additional price.

No kitchen facilities for DIY. My bed was not cleaned prior to my arrival.

Would recommend to anyone. Terrific location just near the station. Fun and vibrant place with comfortable bed, lockers in rooms and power points at the bed heads. Great place!

Friendly staff. Delicious breakfast (unfortunately not included in price). I felt it was a bit expensive for a 6-bunk room (about $42 USD) where you had to make your own bed. The mattress was surprisingly comfortable, however! Great water pressure in the shower in the 6-bunk all-female room. Security for luggage was ok - one cloak room with people going in/out a lot, but my stuff stayed safe!

• 9th Jul 2014

Excellent!

Room key required to get into the area of the hostel that leads to rooms -- however, I watched a person from the street somehow get past this & was in the 'secured' area digging through trash cans. Very short walk from the main train station, we also walked to Marienplatz & the other 'must-see' places -- never took a train other than to/from the airport & to/from Dachau. Super friendly & helpful staff Breakfast was cheap & tasty Stayed in a double private room -- super clean, great balcony

• 7th Jul 2014