Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Although I usually prefer smaller hostels, I had a great stay in Wombats. The common room and bar helps you meet interesting people and the emplacement is perfect for those going to Munich by train. It's a walkable distance to the old town and most of the attractions as well... Some extra showers would be great. The breakfast is well worth the price!

I met some really great people at this hostel. It has a great chill out zone beside the bar and feels really clean and secure. The staff are friendly and the only thing missing is a kitchen. Would definitely recommend!

Welcoming staff member, smiley and made an effort to give a good welcome for this tired guest, who arrived late in the evening, after a long bus ride. When i had to leave in the early morning, however, a different receptionist was non smiley. I suggest these kind of people get jobs somewhere else, and not in the service sector. You should too have a toilet available for guests downstairs where they have to check out. In case needed at whenever time they check out, not just bar opening time.

• 17th Apr 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! We'll check back with the receptionists to see what the Problem was since you're quite ... clear. :) They've been staff members for quite some time and there were no complaints about them so far. Anyway, the toilets in the bar open for breakfast at around 7am and there are additional communal toilets on the first floor open 24/7. Thanks again and have a great time onwards! :)

It's really close to the Hauptbahnhof, but the zone it's not very nice. The rooms are big, bit the beds seem bit old, TOO noisy. Not very comfy

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Really enjoyed my stay - the 10 bed dorm didn't feel too busy - beds were in a row in different "sub-rooms" so there was a small amount of privacy. The bar had a great atmosphere where I could get to know my dorm friends better. It was also clean. Wifi wasn't brilliant though, only negative

This hostel = awesomeness

The facilities in the 6 female dorm are clean and organized although there is kind of vinegar smell in the shower room. The crew from reception desk is very helpful.

Nice bar, party atmosphere every night, a lot of Koreans, one myself, i would recommend to Koreans. Nice free drink, free towel service, really friendly and helpful staff, little expensive breakfast for the quality of it. Lockers for every single person, nice bathrooms. I would be there again if i go back to munich.

Spacious dorm room and lockers in the dorm meant everything was easy and secure.

• 15th Apr 2015

The hostel has a great location near the train station, the staffs are really friendly and the room is comfortable. Each bed has a socket and a small light! The only problem is the shower in our ensuite bathroom has very small water flow.

I had a great time at Wombats. Really close to the train station, nice facilities and helpful staff. The breakfast price along with the drinks at the bar were really nice. Best option in Munich.

V close to station and good stay!!!

Very clean and well run hostel. Would stay at a Wombat's again.

• 13th Apr 2015

Good location best value

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel is very good!!! very clean, location is very good, staff is nice. They even have a free drink voucher, nice! people there were very nice, big common area and bar, good place to meet friends. Only 1 thing not good, was the WIFI connection....

Room and hostel itself were nice, clean and secure. The hostel reception were both rude off the bat for no reason. They had a smug don't care attitude toward us. And there were way to many drunk men walking about.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Unfortunately drunk men and hostels seem to correlate quite a bit I'm afraid. ;) I am very sorry that you were let down by our staff. We already set up a meeting with everybody where we will discuss this matter. If you have any important details on that please feel free to let us know: office@wombats-munich.de. I hope you'll have a great time onwards!

Great stay at Wombat's, as always! Room a tad cramped, but clean. Very helpful staff and a nice ambience.

A very good hostel, the only problem is that it does not even have a microwave to cook food.

The Wombat's chain is great. It's a little pricy for a private room but their cheap drinks more than make up for it! Second time I've been here and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Munich.

Would have higher scores but internet is a NIGHTMARE.

Dude, you should have a look at our server... ;) Happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7