Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

All the staff were fantastic, polite amd very helpful. To the stafg. Danke.

Great place worth the money

• 26th Oct 2014

The hostel was perfect: great location, clean, comfortable beds, nice people... nothing to complain! :)

it was a good hostel but the free walking tour that they recommended was the biggest waste of my time and it made the rest of the trip bad because she was so awful. There was plenty of other things we could have done/ could have just walked around the city ourselves instead of wasting 3 hours with her. At one point she made us sit in a beer hall because she wanted a beer even though nobody else did. Absolutely ridiculous. Other than that, the hostel was good and the workers were very helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We'll talk to her about this a.s.a.p. This is really NOT how a tour should be. I'm very sorry about this. Anyway, I hope you have a great trip onwards!

Great location right next to the main train station and a stroll to the city centre. Wish I could have stayed longer. Great bar to socialise and clean nice bunks.

Second time here and will definitely stay here again. I only wish the staff would be a little friendlier (specially the ones at the bar). But overall it is the best place to stay in München.

Social, safe, good facilities, clean and great accessibility. Would recommend to everyone.

A good place to stay in Munich

I like how they cater very well to young, college-age people who are travelling. The bar was lots of fun and had a great crowd of people. Some areas of the rooms smelled a little off and the bathroom wasn't the cleanest but overall everything was perfectly manageable and I enjoyed my stay very much. Can't beat the location!

• 22nd Oct 2014

Very nice stay! Great place! Closer to the train station than you can imagine. And they have great bar on the ground floor! You even got free drink when check in. If there's anything to improve that is the elevator is a bit small and the shower is not strong enough, but not big problems! I'll definitely stay here again!

Arrived in Munich, exhausted, only to get to my assigned dorm room and find no available beds. Head down the stairs to chat with the staff, and they simply send me back up and tell me to strip one of the beds, as 2 people checked out. How the hell am I supposed to know which ones? And why do I have to change someone elses bedding in the first place? Will make me hesitate to stay with Wombat's again.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks. Normally our staff should go up with you in such a situation, that's right. I'm very sorry about this! We'll instruct them accordingly right away. Anyway, I hope you have a great time onwards!

We arrived on Sunday @ 5 pm. Almost everything was closed including the big supermarket. Fortunately, it was only 3 minute's walk to the train station where one could get a variety of delicious cheap food. The location of the hostel is great. Their breakfast was very good with lots of options and it only cost € 3.50. I paid €5.50 for breakfast in the hostel in Berlin, and their breakfast was not even half as good.

Hi there! Thanks so much for your good words! Actually our breakfast is € 3.90 just so there won't be any "WWWHAAAAAT?"'s. ;) Also, Berlin should have the same breakfast price if I'm not mistaken... Are you sure you went to OUR breakfast area? - No offense mate but I know from my very own experiences that things in Berlin can get a bit... blurry if you - catch my drift. :) Always know where your towel is!

Clean, safe and an awesome breakfest for a very good price!! Excelent!!

• 18th Oct 2014

Wombat is always perfect :-).STAFF,location,people,atmosphere I choose this hostel.because I stayed 2 times this yeay in Wombat's Wien (Base and Lounge) and I didn't even consider to choose another. I would higlly recomend this hostel :-)

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Everything was great and clean, my only complaint is the wifi. During peak hours (5pm-midnight) it was almost unusable - 10-15 minutes for a single webpage to load. Kind of frustrating when I'm trying to send a text over wifi. Don't even think about emailing a single picture.

• 17th Oct 2014

Absolutely huge room and very comfortable. Bathroom was cleaned everyday, very secure lockers and floors with good multi-purpose key card. Great kitchen facilities, staff were quite friendly and helpful.

great location and lovely staff. Would stay again for sure!

It was a very nice, large hostel. Very clean and the bar was a lot of fun. I think it is a bit overpriced. Although it is a nice hostel it is not that great.

One of my favorite hostels I stayed at. Staff was helpful and the Wombat created map was spot on with its food recommendations. Also a huge fan the electronic lockers that do not require you to use your own lock

Second Wombat I ever stayed in. Very convenient location with super atmosphere. The room is big, quiet and clean. A good value of money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7