Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

12032 Total Reviews

Very good location near main train station and center of city

Facilities are amazing~ we will choose to stay again! Thanks

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

It was a very nice hostel but the atmosphere is what made it one of the best I stayed in. The free drink card was a wonderful way to get people together and talking.

• 15th Apr 2014

Cool common room area with hammocks (although WiFi never seems to work there). Free drinks on arrival is a nice touch and all-you-can-eat brekky is cheap. One thing that was annoying was cleaners kept coming into the room early (9am, before checkout!) and waking people up.

It is really close to the train station. Facilities were clean and relatively comfortable. However, for some reason the hostel was like a sauna... extremely hot everywhere even though it was around 5C outside. It is a little bit noisy because of the bar located on the 1st floor.

good stay

• 14th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

I had such a great time at Wombats! The tours they offer are fantastic, the bar is full of fun people (and affordable beer & pizza) and the rooms were large and clean. Will Definitely book here next time I'm in Munich! Also, there is free wifi even in the rooms! I had heard it was just in the common spaces, but no, it's everywhere :)

Hi there.. :) Yesssss wifi everywhereeeee.... thanks for your nice comment. See ya soon.

Very friendly staff who were fairly helpful. I was only here for a layover of one night, but this place definitely seemed a party hostel. The bar was busy, people were partying loud, and when I got up early for my flight. But the rooms were quite clean. It seems a good hostel.

• 14th Apr 2014

Loved this hostel! Staff were nice and helpful.

Had a great time at Wombats. A little hectic in the morning when I tried to check in, but that's normal. The staff was friendly and the bar downstairs was great! I definitely recommend the walking beer tour.

Only thing missing is a kitchen. Bathroom in room also had terrible smell the entire time I was there. Otherwise great stay

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed and German bureaucracy will have to burn in hell for all eternity. And beyond. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy!

I had a great time at Wombats! The room was a decent size and although the bathroom got a bit gross it was cleaned every day. Great atmosphere. I met lots of people at the bar and planned all my sightseeing with new friends. Easy to find from the train station, 2 minute walk and about 10 minute walk to the main part of the city. Definitely stay here again!

• 13th Apr 2014

Good location, good breakfast for the money, and pretty solid atmosphere as well.

I feel itchy from the bed cover as the same as my roomate from Hongkong. It will be excellent of cleanliness if you solve this case.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Great location and super friendly helpful staff. Probably lacks an atmosphere to make friends as a solo traveller. Would stay again.

Wifi was a little dodgy at times

• 9th Apr 2014

Loved this place. It was right near the station and only a short walk into the main town. The night we arrived the hostel had arranged a free pub crawl which was a great way to meet other travellers. There was a great bar and an even better communal area with hammocks for chilling out. Hostel also offered daytrips to Neuschwanstein Castle & Dachau although we weren't there long enough to go on either. Would definitely stay here again.

Loved it! free beer tours! free small beer when you arrive at hostel! awesome

Had a great stay at Wombats Munich, it is about a 5-10 minute walk to tourist sites, there are many subway stops nearby and a grocery store around the corner. Breakfast was a great deal- all you can eat meats, cheeses, rolls, nutella, fruit, and cold cereal, all for a great price less than 4 Euro. The rooms were very clean as well as all the facilities. Hostel bar is very loud in the evenings/night, but I was on the next floor up and my room was pretty quiet. I would definitely reccommend!!!

• 6th Apr 2014

Had a very short stay at this hostel, however it was very clean and the staff were friendly. Great location: just a quick walk from the main train station. Lobby area is a bit small however the rooms and facilities were very clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7