Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Well the staff was great but the outside noise was really bad. People were talking loudly late, at the hall.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

The staff were really friendly, we had a great stay.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Very good hostel with chilled out atmosphere. The outdoor communal area in the middle is just perfect with hammocks bean bags and mains electric which is perfect if you need to charge your phone. Did not want to leave that area. Rooms and beds were also clean, comfortable and spacious.

Nice location and kindly staffs,recommended!

Great hostel in the heart of Munich. Stated there many times.

I had a great time thanks!

Great and very helpful staff. The rooms are in a decent size, lockers are big and the shower is good. The location is perfect next to the central station and the bar is very nice. The breakfast worth the money. The only thing it was missing was a better fan, because was very hot and the one that we had in the room was not so good, but nothing that ruined my stay, the hostel is great!

• 20th Jul 2015

It's noisy in the midnight because of the people speak loudly on street outside. The quality of breakfast become worse, less choice of the buffet than before( I couldn't find pinkle and tomato and different fruit this time,I stay here in early July and enjoy the wonderful buffet).

Friendly staff, nice chil-out area, good bar

Too noisy at night

• 20th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Happy travels!

Very convenient location. It was clean. Breakfast was reasonably priced. Lockers were great. The wi-fi was spotty, but I was able to connect frequently enough to take care of what I needed to. They don't have AC, so if it's going to be hot during your stay make sure you plan accordingly. Personally I preferred the bar at Euro Youth down the street over the Wombar, but that may just be my preference. It's fairly easy to hang out at both regardless of where you stay. I enjoyed my time at Wombats.

• 19th Jul 2015

I've never been disappointed with my stay at a Wombats. They do a really nice job of keeping everything clean and organized. Stayed for one night and was great. Would have loved to stay longer, their bar looked awesome!

Good place to chill in the day. Bar opens at 6 and is fairly busy but not like a proper bar. No air con & it gets stupidly hot!!! Didn't sleep at all. However it is the best hostel within a square mile of them

Overall, Wombats was one of the best hostel experiences I have had. Clean facilities and people there were friendly. However, I was there in July during a heat wave and my room did not have AC. It was very difficult to sleep that night. Wi-Fi was also very slow.

Hard to believe in this day and age a hostel without internet. It had wifi, but it was so slow that nobody could load even a single internet page. Only one computer downstairs in the lobby for use and it was pay-to-use. It was unbelievably frustrating because I really needed to load/print some documents for the next day.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks for your rating! I'm very sorry about the ongoing wifi problems. I can assure you that we're on it. If you really need to get something done and it won't work feel free to ask at reception if they can help you out on their computers. Have a great time onwards!

The location is a little less than what you desire for when you think of crowds, but the location relative to tourist attractions is amazing . Just a short walk aways!

• 18th Jul 2015

Arrived super early and were greeted by the lovely staff. We were allowed to leave our bags and chill until check in. Wifi was decent enough. Great location very close to the centre. Awesome facilities, nice garden type area and great bar for meeting people, cheap drinks and food. Very secure rooms and lockers provided. Clean linens for beds. Overall great atmosphere and vibes!

Great hostel with a great bar! The bedrooms look exactly like they did in the pictures which shocked me because I haven't had that happen in some of the hostels I've stayed at, and large area to hangout besides the bar. It's also literally a 2 minute walk from the train station which was pretty awesome. My only complaint would be that the wifi isn't the best and I could barely connect. But besides that, great hostel!

Hi there! Ah don't worry. Our rooms are crap. It's just that your perception shut down emergency-wise. ;) I'll pass the word to the cleaners. Thanks very much for your kind words! Have a great time onwards!

Really nice time here - the staff were helpful and the facilities were great!

This is a well staffed and sociable hostel in Munich centre. There are small annoyances, however, such as having to pay a ridiculous deposit to use to pool table (which is often an easy way to socialise, and they are limiting it). Overall I do recommend. There breakfast is probably work getting as well, and you can likely sneak out some bananas or rolls.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7