Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Great hostel in a central location, only problems were wifi was quite slow in the rooms and the bar gets very noisy with drunk English men late at night.

wombat is very nice but bar was too noisy and bar staff is a confidence man .because i gave him 20 euro . but he gave me wrong change. i said but he argued i give him 10 euro imbewildered

• 27th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Always a good place right near the central station. Room was clean and a good breakfast in the lounge.

giant hostel. party place. no kitchen, but hard to find that in Germany. probably as good as it gets in Munich. there are hostels all around this one. right across the Munich hbf

The staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean and room is super super securde. Because of the bar it is a bit noisy at night but not a big deal

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

We had a very big room, there was enough space for everything. The lockers are great as they only can be opened with your personal roomkey!! You can not hear any noise from the bar or from other rooms. Also the breakfast was good value for money. The staffs was very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Austria

One of the coolest hostels we visited. Also the bar was actually in use because it had cheap drinks unlike some others! The breakfast is basic but worth it since it'd be hard to find food in Munich for cheaper. It could have done with a kitchen and lockers that work by your own padlock not the key card, since we only got 1 card because you have to hand over ID. But otherwise, brilliant hostel!

Only stayed the one night. Fine for a quick stop but didn't get much sleep. A lot of noise which is expected in a hostel, unfortunately the room was very stuffy and not air conditioned so the windows needed to stay open, making it noisier. Alright for the regular hostel traveller.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Also, if the room gets too hot please feel free to ask for additional fans at reception. :) I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Great hostel, but no kitchen which was disappointing. Lovely staff and the building is great but a little expensive.

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy! :)

Generally the facilities, location and staff were very nice.The street is mainly frequent by people who go out to party as there are many pubs around, and although noise levels slowly decreased after 11pm, it kept going on for a while after that time (so, think twice if your plan is to rest).

Really, really close to the train station and about a 10 minute walk to marienplatz (glockenspiel). Really easy to meet people at the hostel bar. Wifi was alright, spotty at best. Staff was super helpful. On my last day I woke up with 8 bug bites on my left hand and they gave me money to go to the pharmacy and do laundry in case they were bed bug bites. I'm honestly not 100% sure if they were bed bug bites or some other bug bite. Also offered free walking tour which was great.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! Yeah, you can never be sure about those buggers. Anyway, we thoroughly checked the room to make sure it's not infested. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Nice breakfast Clean bed Cool and cheap bar Only the Wi-Fi should be more stable

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

It was one of the most best hostels that I ever been. The atmosphere is excellent and great to meet people. The staf is always very helpfull and smiley. I really want to come back. The rooms are very good for the price !!

a great place to stay, a nice atmosphere to get in contact with travelling people. Highly reconmended!

Improve the wi-fi!

• 19th Aug 2014

I had a great experience, during the day I spent there. I even built a friendship.

• Algeria

Positives. Location - right in the city centre and spitting distance to the train station Atmosphere - having a bar and good social areas make this a great hostel for solo travellers Cleanliness - spotless Security - excellent. Lockers for all Negatives - Can be noisy outside late at night The shower pressure was appalling. And for some strange reason, you're required to both make your own bed when you arrive, and remove your sheets when you leave! Overall, it's a great hostel, thumbs up!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Actually, making your own bed is/was one of the main "features" of a hostel. Times are changing, eh? :) We'll keep an eye on that. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

awfull our room n°111 is above the bar which plays loud music the bar close at 1h 30 morning . impossible to sleep . Staff just say i try to help you , but didnt do anything tho window opens on a closed area . No fresh air , temperature above 30° , no oxygene the worst memory oh an hotel . it is not an hotel but a night club . drunken people in the stairs . no kitchen horrible notre chambre n ° 111 est au-dessus du bar qui met la musique le bar ferme à 1h 30 le matin.

Hi there! I'm sorry you were disappointed. Unfortunately the windows on the first floor to the atrium can only be tilted due to fire safety regulations. For the same reasons there is no kitchen.:( I'm afraid the only thing possible is to ask for an additional fan at reception if we have some left. Be sure that we try to help as best we can but in this our hands our bound unfortunately. We will talk to our bar staff about the music though. Again I'm sorry but I hope you have a great time onwards!

This is a very efficiently run large hostel. The breakfast is good, it's kept nice and tidy, and the location next to the main train station is excellent.

Based on what I saw around Munich, this is the best place to stay. Two issues. The wifi really sucks. It isn't fast enough to handle the 300 or so guests with any consistency. Also, it is a real party hostel. Lots of partying and drinking - my roommates were a pain on the ass - came in late, drunk. I enjoy a social atmosphere, but this was a bit much for my tastes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7