Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

The main problem was no Air conditioning!!! Temperature was very high due to the heart wave and all the staff had to say was that Germany is not equipped for it. But paying 80 Euro a night for a room for two not including breakfast, it's not fair that we sweat at night and don't get proper sleep. Otherwise staff was helpful like at the other wombats.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • India

Streetfront rooms get some noise in morning hours

Brilliant relaxed clean hostel with friendly helpful staff and a great bar. Only criticism would be the wall to wall Bruno mars in the mornings..... ;-) great place thanks for having/putting up with us!

• 28th Aug 2015

Besides rooftop terrace (that closes at 10pm) and the bar, this stunk. The rooms were fine, but just the atmospherewasnt there. The staff were most unhelpful people, and the hostel didn't do a good job of connecting you to the city. Besides a bulletin board of a few things to do, the hostel was useless in helping you out .

Hi there! Thank you very much for your rating! Problem is... we don't have a rooftop terrace. :) Happy travels!

Excellent hostel! Rooms meticulously clean and very spacious, great chillout area and bar, really friendly and helpful staff, central location, good breakfast, great showers. Only problem was that we didnt stay long enough! Thank you

One of the nicest hostels we stayed at during our travels. The area/location was a bit dodgy, but the inside of the host was awesome and the staff were a lot of fun. Definitely recommend this hostel to any young travelers looking to enjoy the downstairs bar and meet new people. Rooms were very hot during the heat wave in Munich, and it was very noisy woth the windows open, but overall, it was a great hostel and cool experience.

• 26th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel. Facilities were great (excluding slow wifi). Only stayed one night, but the downstairs bar was nice and makes it easy to meet other travelers. Would stay here again.

In my opinion music is very loud at the bar. It is a bit uncomfortable if you are talking with other hostages.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! Don't worry, we will release you and the other hostages as soon as our demands are met. ;) Sorry, just kidding. We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

We loved this hostel! The staff were super helpful and funny. The rooms were big and bright and had their own bathrooms which was so great. There was also an individual table and outlet in each bunk. The bar in the hostel was really fun, and you can keep drinking in the lobby after the bar closes at 1. Very close to the train station. We had a fantastic time here and definitely would stay here again!

Beds were quite small. I don't fit in a 1,9 meter bed so it was hard to sleep. The rooms are very clean and have basic facilities. The building is a little noisy in the evening when everyone is at the bar.

• 25th Aug 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments. Though I wonder, are you sure you stayed here? I'm very sorry, this may seem a rather stupid question but I am 1.95m and slept in some our hostels myself and never had any problems (and all our houses have the same standard size beds). Anyway, if the noise is bothering feel free to report to reception aobut this. They will help you out as good as they can. Have a great time onwards!

Fun, big hostel with a great bar, big comfy beds. Could not be closer to the train station.

Good hostel. Large rooms. There are other bathrooms in the hallway in case someone is using the one in the room which is really nice. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Close to train station and everything else. I'd go again.

It's a very efficient hostel, but I found it too big and commercial. Doesn't offer a unique experience to travelers.

Convenient location. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Excellent breakfast for only 4,30 euros! Dorm beds comfortable. Toilets/showers could be cleaned more often (twice day). Internet very slow. Overall recommended!

Great hostel! Would stay again. Good location, fairly priced.

Its a great hostel! Good atmosphere if you wanna get fun, the bar is very good too, and the breakfast (even for a fee €4.30) is complete and fair. The localization is the best, very near to the main train station of Munich. I didn't have any problems in this hostel. If you are in doubt, this hostel will solve your problems!

Perfect location, couldn't ask for anything better. Safe area, literally right next to the train station, easy to find, and a very short walk to the city center. The private bed light and outlet in each bunk was a huge plus! This hostel was recommended to me by another traveler just days before I stayed there, and I would definitely return and recommend it to others. Thanks Wombats for a great stay in Munich!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Room very big!! And clean! Very comfortable

It's labeled as a party or community hostel, but it didn't feel like it. Mostly people stick to their groups and drink cheap beers. Overall, the place is great. I'm staying another night in Munich soon, and I will be staying there again. Rooms are nice, but warm. Decent bathrooms, and awesome lockers (your room card locks a specific locker). The common areas are nice, and breakfast is a great value.

stayed in 3 wombats now and they all have such a simple but awesome design and everything you need. loved the chill out room with the hammocks etc!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7