Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Wombats says they have WiFI. They should not as it is useless and rarely works. It would be better to simply say they don't have it so you don't waste your time trying go get it to work. It only worked for a few seconds at a time. Horrible!

• 25th Jun 2015

Stayed here 2 nights. The dorms and beds are nice, also it's really nice that the dorms each have their own bathroom! I thought the breakfast and coffee were worth the money. It's less than a 5 minute walk from the München Hbf train station, about 10 minutes from ZOB. HUGE perk! And about 15 minutes from the center part of Munich. My friend and I are 24, and I will say we felt older than most of the crowd in the hostel bar.

WiFi sucks. It's fine to pay deposit for hair dryer but they don't allow me to keep it during your stay so you have to take out money everytime if you want to use it. It's annoying since the lobby is not close to your room.

WiFi was very sporadisch

Excellent hostel! Perfect being so close to main station, easy to get everywhere else. Well kept rooms and helpful, friendly staff. I'll definitely recommend Wombats to others!

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel is good for its close proximity to the train station and access to the Main Street. It's also reliably clean and has good bathrooms etc. however, they lack atmosphere being such a new hostel ie they don't have any common room where people can hang out if they're not wanting to drink. You're forced to hangout in your room if you're not in for a big night in the bar.

Hello from Munich! Thanks very much for your remarks. But could it actually be that you've completely missed out our wonderfully serene and peaceful wintergarden?? Oh my Flying Spaghetti Monster, let alone for that you have to come back! ;) Hang and stay loose!

Very good hostel, i wold definitely recommend this. I liked it so much ive decided to try other locations

Great experience as usual. The only real issue I had was with the wifi, hopefully gets sorted as there were a few grumbles about it around the room.

Hi my lady! The only real issue we have is the wifi. :) Thanks very much for your remarks! Actually, after endless battles with our provider we decided to look for another one because there's just no improvement whatsoever. We're pressing hard but it might take a while until everything's locked up. Puleease be patient and until then we're trying everything we can to make it as usable for you guys as possible. May the odds be ever in our favour!

A great place to stay and fantastic location

Pretty sweet hostel, just stayed one night. Right by the train station and a short walk to old town. Typical hostel, lots of young travellers and has all you need, free lockers and new sheets so that's nice. One shower per room though so gotta figure that out

We really enjoyed the hostel itself. The rooms were clean and the bar was great. However, it is not in a particularly nice area of Munich and that was off putting. Will definitely try other Wombats hostels but won't be returning to Munich.

Hey there! Thank you for the comments! Well, that's the thing with main station areas, isn't it? On the one hand they're super handy but on the other it's not exactly what you might call "picturesque". So what to choose. But hey! We'll figure out the quantums fairly soon and then we can be at the station, the airport and the English Gardens all at once! ;) Sorry, just foolin' around. Happy dimension travels!

Great location right in the middle of Munich and very helpful staff. This was our first hostel and definitely a good pick-- would stay here again if we are ever back in Munich!

• 19th Jun 2015

This is the best hostel that I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere was fantastic, the rooms clean and spacious. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and I was surprised that it was ensuite! The ensuite toilet was clean and there was an automatic air freshener that kept it smelling fresh!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

I thought it was a very nice hostel with a great bar area. The WiFi was good (read reviews before booking saying there were problems), and the fan in every room was really nice to have.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Bad smells in the room

Okok. ;) Just kidding. We'll check the situation, don't worry. Thanks heaps for letting us know. Happy travels!

Good facilities, Perfect location But I couldn't use hot water... It was so cold

Hostel was good overall, but their wifi was basically non-existent. You could connect, but the browsers wouldn't move between sites. It would always crash and the facility also blocked my vodafone signal for the most part, so I would have to go outside just to make a call. Other than that, the hostel was as expected and for the most part good.

Amazing experience here! Already recommended to my friends :)

Great location right near the train station, good atmosphere in the bar, good staff, but wifi was almost non-existent, which really affected our stay. They definitely need to work on their wifi!!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! After several back and forths between us and our provider we now decided to look for other solutions. Unfortunately this might still take a while until we can improve the connectivity but we're pressing as best as possible. Sorry about that and have a great time onwards!

Very good hostel. Clean rooms and bathrooms, spacious rooms. Some staff were genuinely nice and helpful. Location is excellent. Downside is wifi didn't work! One morningvtherecwascni hot water.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7