Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Wombat is always perfect :-).STAFF,location,people,atmosphere I choose this hostel.because I stayed 2 times this yeay in Wombat's Wien (Base and Lounge) and I didn't even consider to choose another. I would higlly recomend this hostel :-)

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

great location and lovely staff. Would stay again for sure!

It was a very nice, large hostel. Very clean and the bar was a lot of fun. I think it is a bit overpriced. Although it is a nice hostel it is not that great.

Second Wombat I ever stayed in. Very convenient location with super atmosphere. The room is big, quiet and clean. A good value of money.

Wombats was a great place to stay. We met a lot of fun people from all over the world. Three negatives: the wifi sucks, breakfast is not worth it,

• 13th Oct 2014

Hi there! Sooo wifi was so bad that it's counts for two, right? :) We keep on struggling. There is always hope. ;) Have a great time!

The rooms are super spacious, have huge lockers and even a table and some banks. The in-suite showers are modern and I really liked the winter garden and wombar, where you meet a lot of travellers; staff was friendly and helpful. Even though I stayed in a girlsroom there were no hair-dryers and the girls in my dorm didn't know how to behave in a dormroom (skyping at 3 am and waking up at 4 am every morning) but that's not wombats fault. Apart from that I can recommend the wombats

This place is absolutely awesome. When I landed in Munich I got sick the very night of and the staff were willing to help. Atmosphere is great for solo backpackers to make friends. Location is close to city and transportation. Key cards allow access to room and lockers. Best security I've seen yet. Sad my stay was short lived. I'll be back wombat!

What a great hostel. The staff and facilities were excellent. They had everything working at full efficiency. This is my expectation, and on this stay was achieved. Great job Wombat.

• 10th Oct 2014

In 5th floor there is a fairly loud buzzing sound which makes sleeping unpleasant. Private rooms are a little to expensive.

Hey from Munich! Thanks very much for letting us know. We'll have a look into that a.s.a.p. Have fun onwards!

Absolutely fantastic hostel. The only issue was the heat in the bedrooms. We were staying on the first floor in the rooms opposite the bar. You can open the windows but they only open into another indoor conservatory type area, which meant that the heat just stayed in. This made it quite uncomfortable to sleep in on the last night when we were slightly more sober in particular. Overall a fantastic hostel though.

• 9th Oct 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for the rating! Yeah, unfortunately we don't have aircon which is why we equipped every rooms with a fan during the hot season. However if one is not enough feel free to ask for another one at reception. As long as we have spare fans our staff will help you out right away. Stay safe and happy travels!

Torsten was particularly helpful in answering some of my pre-booking questions and responded very quickly as well. Having a room with windows facing the center of the noisy downstairs bar and lounge area was a definite dis-advantage and would try to reserve i one on the perimeter next time.

• 9th Oct 2014

I stayed in an 8-bed room. The room was stuffy and smelled of shoes and socks.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

had some issues at check-in getting the key card to work, but the girl at reception was very helpful to get it rectified. the bar had a good atmosphere and was great way to meet other travellers. the walking tour could have been better / more professional but the fact that they offer it from the hostel was great. good location and clean. the only major downside is that the wifi didn't work 90% of the time! especially during the peak hours when more people were around - that was annoying.

믹스돔이용했는데 같이 방 쓰시던 아저씨가 코를 너무 심하게 골아서 3일간 잘 못잔거 제외하고는 다 좋았습니다!

When i arrived, near from information desk, i found a stinky smell and the internet was pretty slow... even in the common area. But the location it's excellent, you have your own locker what is something to important for backpackers like me and the clean is quiet good.

When I first arrived there was a bit of a stinky smell in the reception, which got me worried about the hygiene, but the room

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Egypt

best location. Good atmosphere. Had no towels. Had a bad smell at the main entrance.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff is really good. It's not excellent because there is one person who probably is not happy to work there.

The price was extremely high for an hostel,because of the Oktoberfest. But the location is really good,extremely close to the train station.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Very eager and pleasent staff. Excellent location, near the trainstation.

• 3rd Oct 2014