Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Super location! Large hostel, so harder to get to know people....highly recommend though.

The staff were friendly but failed to resolve an incident when a chap returned late in the morning to find someone else in his bed. There followed an hour of shouting and although a member of staff came up he didn't do anything and soon left. Not good enough.

Great hostel!

The Wombats map that is given to each guest is really helpful.

• 10th Sep 2014

Cool staff, good bar, nice reading and relaxing area in the middle of the ground floor. I enjoyed my stay there so much. I recommend it.

Great hostel! Loved the ensuite in the room and everything was very clean. Good location and atmosphere - the free drinks on arrival were appreciated and reception staff very helpful. Will be back :)

Great location, great security. Front desk staff were pretty helpful, but seemed a little exasperated at times. The bar was packed at night, which was fun. The wifi was a little spotty, and the code given was only good for 2 devices. Since I was traveling with a friend, we could only have both our phones on the network, making booking things a pain since we couldn't use wifi on our laptops/tablets. Bathroom was located en suite, which was nice and clean. The room was very big for 6 people.

It is good place :)

This hostel has it all. Its location is great: you can walk to it from the Hauptbahnhof, which is one stop from the Munich fairgrounds where Oktoberfest is held. The security is good: you have to pass through 3 electronic locks to get to your room. The room has a locker that is coded to your keycard and fit my 75 liters of baggage. I rolled ensuite in a 6 bed. Bathroom was clean, fresh sheets provided were too. The bar was popping nightly. Staff were very helpful. Nice job all around!

Such a kickass hostel. Munich is also a beautiful city. There is a reason this hostel fills up quick so don't leave booking until the day before.

simply the best I could have imagined for my 4 day stay in Munich: centrally located, helpful staff, nice hostel bar (Cannot comment on breakfast, judging from roommates' opinions it was very nice though), walking tours offered from hostel, nice recreational courtyard, very clean. I stayed in room 307, which is a 6-bed mixed dorm, with en-suite bathroom. Absolutely no complaints. Beware, you will have to leave some sort of ID at the check-in desk as a deposit, don't make it your student ID!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

1.good location, just across the central station(munich hbf) 2.staffs were kind, nice, friendly 3.good atmosphere, there's a bar on the ground floor. 4.breakfast is not included, 7.5euro per person. 5.generally, facility was nice, however little bit expensive.

• 4th Sep 2014

Very nice staff, maybe too early to check-out

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Austria

It's really close to the train station which is handy if you are interailing. Also short walk to the historic centre. There is a nice bar also. Only issue was the noise, my room was facing the Main Street and it is a bit of a back packet party spot and it was very loud all night so take ear plugs for when you're sleeping!

• 3rd Sep 2014

I was so disappointed with my stay as I heard good things about Wombats in Berlin and expected the same from Munich. I was checked in by two girls who seemed friendly but not really interested in the guests who were also wanting to check in or had other questions. One guy at reception was also really rude, never saying please or thank you for anything. Also, a girl I shared a room with brought some strange guy up the room in the middle of the night so I didn't feel like my stuff was safe!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! We'll talk to our staff about this, don't worry. Anyway, if somebody brings a stranger into your room please report to reception immediately! Our staff will and HAS to help you out on this and check the situation since guests are not allowed to do that anyway. I hope you have a great time onwards!

Terrible wifi barely worked anywhere in the hostel and rooms were extremely hot .

Hi there! Thanks very much for the suggestion! Yeah, unfortunately we don't have aircon which is why we equipped every rooms with a fan. However if one is not enough feel free to ask for another one at reception. As long as we have spare fans our staff will help you out right away. Also, we're already pondering on how to boost our wifi situation. Stay safe and happy travels!

It was very comfortable and well set up, with even a lift so you can take your heavy baggage up to other levels without needing to drag it upstairs. It was very noisy downstairs, but thankfully the sound didn't penetrate to the bedrooms, so a good sleep was also very easy.

Staff were friendly and location is excellent. They had many travel resources available. My main complaints are that cleaning staff came pretty early in the morning when we were still preparing to go out and the wi-fi on the ground level was extremely poor.

Have a good stay in Wombats Hostel Munich!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff was absolutely wonderful- always friendly and happy. The hostel has a great hostel feel- but you do it in "hostel luxury" The beds were SO COMFORTABLE. Clean rooms, and awesome common areas. Great bar (you get one free drink) they store your luggage and you can hang out there before and after you check in and out. this hostel has everything you need and they do it right. Not a single complaint.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7