Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Good vibe.

This was my first stay at a hostel, and it was wonderful. I will definitely look for other Wombat hostels if I ever need a place to stay whilst on a European adventure.

• 24th May 2015

Superb location, 5 minutes from Marianplatz. Clean, nice staff, nice atmosphere, bar is excellent to meet lovely and friendly people, to drink and enjoy the night (there was live music on Saturday). The "relaxing" area is amazing to spend time reading and sipping a glass of wine after a day exploring the city 😃😃😃

I've stayed in a double bed room!Really good hostel! Near the main train station, comfy beds, hot showers, clean, cheap and good breakfast! Helpful staff and a cool bar with cheap drinks!🍻🍻

I had a great time here, they have lift! So no worries guys...

Well...There is only one public wifi and it works reeeealy slow, and sometimes it doesn't work at all (during9-11pm). It's just 1mins walk from central station, that is convient, but at night, it's really noisy, I was waked up by shouting of some drunked people on the street even though I lived in the third floor. And one of the bed sheets doesn't fit my bed =(. But the staff is friendly and you also get one free drink from the hostel bar. But overall, it's just so so.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We're constantly trying to improve our wifi but that's quite a hard one. BUT! There is always hope. We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. Again. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please feel free to report to the front desk anytime. They’ll be happy to help you out. Stay safe & happy travels!

Great, great, great!

The only thing I couldn't figure out was where/how to get towels.

• 19th May 2015

very easy..wo have towels on reception. Just come here and ask. They are fresh, clean and free to rent :)

Great hostel. Great facilities and really amazing atmosphere in the downstairs bar. Had a blast as a solo traveler - highly recommend.

Located 1 street over from the Munich train station. The hostel has a very nice terrace area with bean bags and hammocks. The bar is also very nice to hang out in. The staff is helpful. The only complaint is that the wifi is TERRIBLE. Do not expect to do anything important on the internet because you wont be able to. The staff advises you go to the top floor for the best wifi.

The location of the hostel couldn't be any better. It's close to the train/bus station and other places. The staff was really nice & helpful if you had any questions. The room itself was clean & pretty spacious. The only thing that bothered me was the loud noise at night.The breakfast was good but some more vegetables and some fruit would have been really nice. Overall I had a nice stay, met awesome people and can only really recommend this place.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Great location.

• 17th May 2015
  • Finland

Wombats 5eva! Dope hostel. That is all

Phew! I am certainly not able to keep up with this new young hip cool speach. At all! Are you referring to- drugs? -shock- No, I'm sorry, unfortunately we don't sell any. I think it is illegal here. Many things are. Germans like to keep it nice and clean. At least I am telling me that when I cry myself into a dark and oblivious sleep... ;) Just fooling around. Thanks a million for the flowers! (as we say here) Always know where your towel is!

We were three adults in our sixties and the whole experience was great. The reception crew was friendly and very helpful as were the bar and breakfast crew

• 17th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great hostel, we loved everything! the location is perfect, it's only a two minutes walk to the train station. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff was super nice. We will definitely come back!

• 16th May 2015

Very friendly, competent, and helpful staff. Great bar and social area in a really convenient location in the city.

• Wales
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Had a great stay at wombats! Perfect location for people wanting to get out the city as so close to station! The happy hour prices were insane and the staff were helpful. Would recommend to anyone and will stay in wombats if possible on future trips!

• 15th May 2015

Everything was perfect except for the internet. It was very slow sometimes or even non.

• Mexico

awesome hostel, the staff was great and the facilities as well, great atmosphere in the building!

Wombats in Munich was great! They are right by the Hauptbahnhof, a short walk from the Marineplatz and offer great facilities for a cheap price. The staff couldn't be more friendly. Constance, Max and Marianna will do anything everything they can to ensure that you have a good time. They even have laundry facilities that allow you to wash that tshirt you've been wearing for the last three days. Definitely check out this hostel if you are in Munich!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7