Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Improve the wi-fi!

• 19th Aug 2014

I had a great experience, during the day I spent there. I even built a friendship.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Algeria

Positives. Location - right in the city centre and spitting distance to the train station Atmosphere - having a bar and good social areas make this a great hostel for solo travellers Cleanliness - spotless Security - excellent. Lockers for all Negatives - Can be noisy outside late at night The shower pressure was appalling. And for some strange reason, you're required to both make your own bed when you arrive, and remove your sheets when you leave! Overall, it's a great hostel, thumbs up!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Actually, making your own bed is/was one of the main "features" of a hostel. Times are changing, eh? :) We'll keep an eye on that. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

This is a very efficiently run large hostel. The breakfast is good, it's kept nice and tidy, and the location next to the main train station is excellent.

Based on what I saw around Munich, this is the best place to stay. Two issues. The wifi really sucks. It isn't fast enough to handle the 300 or so guests with any consistency. Also, it is a real party hostel. Lots of partying and drinking - my roommates were a pain on the ass - came in late, drunk. I enjoy a social atmosphere, but this was a bit much for my tastes.

Extremely social hostel, very easy to meet people and the bar on the main level is super fun! Loved this hostel and will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Munich.

This place is great! We really enjoyed our stay!

• 16th Aug 2014

One of the nicest hostels I stayed in. Nice rooms with wooden bunk beds and tables, a lift and a nice chill out area. Everything was really clean and nice especially for the money. The only thing that put me off a little was the staff, they always seemed to make fun of me a little or not take me seriously/let me wait for/re explain things. Which was a little rude considering I was speaking english, a foreign language. But nothing major, I'd come back.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We'll talk to our staff about this but I'm sure they didn't want to make fun of you. They always fool around a bit to lighten the spirits and make people feel comfortable. Maybe that didn't quite work in your case and there was a misunderstanding of some sort. Anyway as I said, we'll have a look into this. Stay safe & happy travels!

Location could not be better (next to Munich HBF and within walking distance) to Marienplatz. The staff was very friendly and helpful. As far as cleanliness and security goes, this was the best hostel by far that I have stayed in over my 2-wwek trip across Western Europe. The bar downstairs was decent and you get a free 1/2 pint on your first night (can't argue with free beer).

• 16th Aug 2014

住的还可以,离火车站很近。那几天我感冒了,鼾音有点大,可能会吵到室友,不好意思。

It was excellent and would recommend it to anybody, young or old.

• 15th Aug 2014

Brilliant place. Wonderful lounge area, bar, and unbelievably close to the HBF. Only drawback - my room had a single toilet that was in the same room as the shower, and there are no communal bathrooms available. Mornings got a little frantic, what with 10 people waiting to use the facilities and all.

Front desk queue was very long all the time Wifi signal is weak upstairs Cleaners came in before 10am Very roomy

Excelent place, such in good conditions, great facilities. Best hostel i've ever been. Wifi could be improved (intermitent signal).

A 10min walk from the centre but right next to the main train station. Unfortunately no cooking facilities however the rooms were excellent - large and clean. A bar downstairs that was popular in the evenings.

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed and German bureaucracy too. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy! :)

Staff were able to help me with a urgent accommodation request. Location is fantastic, bar was great and the people I met were lovely. Will return!

• 13th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel! My boyfriend and I spent a few nights here, and right away the staff was great. They provide tours, tips and advice. As soon as we got there we were recommended with a great restaurant. The rooms are spacious and clean. The area is good - walking distance to most things and the bar inside is great. However, I found there could be a bit of a sketchy crowd at nights, and one night heard people partying outside very late. The wifi could also be improved, but overall great stay.

I was surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel. It was better than some hotels that I've stayed. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. Maybe they could change the curtains because they let a lot of light into the room. They could also forbid to take food to the rooms because people can eat smelly things and left the room smelling bad for hours.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Chile

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! We'll think about the curtains, again thanks for the hint. :) Actually we DO forbid any food in the rooms due to hygienic reasons. But some people just don't care very much. Please feel free to report to reception anytime about things like that. Always know where your towel is!

thanks for your kindness. I must remember your staff kindness. I recommend for your hostel to my friend who is Y.R.Moon. I am very convenience during your hostel. Thank you very much.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Nice place. Had the feeling of a hostel chain, so you lack the "family" feel. Nice bar, and we were welcomed by a lovely, bubbly young lady which brightened our rainy day. Comfy, clean beds with an ensuite. Overall a comfortable place to rest your head.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7