Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

The wifi needs to be improved but everything else was great.

I had a great experience at Wombats! The staff is amazing, very nice and helpful. They made me feel right at home! I wish i could have stayed longer to get a better taste of the Wombats nightlife.

• 31st Jul 2015

If you're looking for a hostel with an awesome location, super helpful and friendly staff, and a great atmosphere you definatly need to go to this hostel!

Everything was great about this hostel. Front desk and security were all rewllu polite and welcoming. Would recommend this hostel to everyone!!

• 30th Jul 2015

100% satisfied. You pay more for this hostel but you get it back in quality. Love this place, Only the wifi wasn't working very well in the rooms. But that's no problem it is more fun if people don't look on there phones all the time. 6 person room was speacious en there were big lockers. The bas was also very nice and the walking tour was great.

The wifi was extremely poor and I had to find a different source to do anything on the internet.

Amazing hostel, but it is a party hostel so I know it's rude of me but I would suggest banning early check outs... Like I was up from 4:30-8 from people spending 3 hours of the morning to leave which tbh isn't the hostels fault like if you're a traveller leaving early pack your bag and your stuff at night! Common curtesy . Maybe they could book according to expected check out times? But seriously these girls were getting ready for 1.5 hours at 4:30am.. There's probably a way around this

Very nice, clean, and modern. Fun atmosphere and it's within close walking distance of the old town attractions, plenty of food and shopping, and Hauptbahnhof. However, because it is so close to Hauptbahnhof, I felt like I was about to be pickpocketed every time I stepped out the door. As a female travelling alone I was uncomfortable in the area outside the hostel after dark, but that's just the nature of many large stations.

The staff and amenities were amazing. We had a great time. Thank you!

Well the staff was great but the outside noise was really bad. People were talking loudly late, at the hall.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

No doubt this isn't the first time they have heard this, but it took a while to figure out the locker system, but once I did, it was amazing! Well fitted out hostel, plug, shelf and light beside the bed. Rooms spacious, bright and lots of natural light. Bathroom was ok. No kitchen, but they do inform you of this before you book. Security was great, had to go through about 3 card entry doors to get to room. Staff super friendly and helpful. Wifi pretty much non existant, best go to a cafe!

Everything is good, just the wifi service. It's like having wifi service is the same as without wifi. Can't even connect or so slow even when going to the lobby.

Too expensive, and the rooms on level one and two are exposed to thumping beats of the club downstairs. Was convinced to buy the buffet breakfast because the coffee was meant to be good, but was awful, I drinkable. Can't believe I paid so much to stay here, would never stay here again, am so great fun I only had to stay 1 night!

This is right next to Munich HBF so it's really central and easy to find, the staff were great, they showed us everything cool on the map and gave good tips. The rooms were really good and clean. The bar at night is excellent as everyone goes there so it's really easy to make friends.

The staff were really friendly, we had a great stay.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Very good hostel with chilled out atmosphere. The outdoor communal area in the middle is just perfect with hammocks bean bags and mains electric which is perfect if you need to charge your phone. Did not want to leave that area. Rooms and beds were also clean, comfortable and spacious.

Nice location and kindly staffs,recommended!

Great hostel in the heart of Munich. Stated there many times.

The room was very hot and lacked aircon. If you opened tge window for air then you could here people yelling on the street all night. The bunk itself was comfortable but being on the top bunk, right in the corner with no aircon or breeze made it feel like a sauna so I got virtually no sleep for the 3 nights. The customer service via email and phone was great and they even helped fix up my stuff up with the booking process. The hostel bar was fun and hostel had ok wifi.

Stayed here in June and came back on a separate trip in July to stay here mainly because of its location in relation to the city centre and main train station. The only thing I can complain about is that the wifi is very poor no matter where you are in the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7