Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Very nice stay! Great place! Closer to the train station than you can imagine. And they have great bar on the ground floor! You even got free drink when check in. If there's anything to improve that is the elevator is a bit small and the shower is not strong enough, but not big problems! I'll definitely stay here again!

Arrived in Munich, exhausted, only to get to my assigned dorm room and find no available beds. Head down the stairs to chat with the staff, and they simply send me back up and tell me to strip one of the beds, as 2 people checked out. How the hell am I supposed to know which ones? And why do I have to change someone elses bedding in the first place? Will make me hesitate to stay with Wombat's again.

We arrived on Sunday @ 5 pm. Almost everything was closed including the big supermarket. Fortunately, it was only 3 minute's walk to the train station where one could get a variety of delicious cheap food. The location of the hostel is great. Their breakfast was very good with lots of options and it only cost € 3.50. I paid €5.50 for breakfast in the hostel in Berlin, and their breakfast was not even half as good.

Hi there! Thanks so much for your good words! Actually our breakfast is € 3.90 just so there won't be any "WWWHAAAAAT?"'s. ;) Also, Berlin should have the same breakfast price if I'm not mistaken... Are you sure you went to OUR breakfast area? - No offense mate but I know from my very own experiences that things in Berlin can get a bit... blurry if you - catch my drift. :) Always know where your towel is!

Clean, safe and an awesome breakfest for a very good price!! Excelent!!

• 18th Oct 2014

Wombat is always perfect :-).STAFF,location,people,atmosphere I choose this hostel.because I stayed 2 times this yeay in Wombat's Wien (Base and Lounge) and I didn't even consider to choose another. I would higlly recomend this hostel :-)

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

great location and lovely staff. Would stay again for sure!

It was a very nice, large hostel. Very clean and the bar was a lot of fun. I think it is a bit overpriced. Although it is a nice hostel it is not that great.

Second Wombat I ever stayed in. Very convenient location with super atmosphere. The room is big, quiet and clean. A good value of money.

Wombats is always a good bet for a reliable place to stay and I've stayed here multiple times. Just be warned that are you have to make and strip your own bed and the breakfast is good but it isn't free. Oh, and the wifi is the single worst I've encountered in any hostel, anywhere in five months travelling.

Wombats was a great place to stay. We met a lot of fun people from all over the world. Three negatives: the wifi sucks, breakfast is not worth it,

• 13th Oct 2014

Hi there! Sooo wifi was so bad that it's counts for two, right? :) We keep on struggling. There is always hope. ;) Have a great time!

The rooms are super spacious, have huge lockers and even a table and some banks. The in-suite showers are modern and I really liked the winter garden and wombar, where you meet a lot of travellers; staff was friendly and helpful. Even though I stayed in a girlsroom there were no hair-dryers and the girls in my dorm didn't know how to behave in a dormroom (skyping at 3 am and waking up at 4 am every morning) but that's not wombats fault. Apart from that I can recommend the wombats

This place is absolutely awesome. When I landed in Munich I got sick the very night of and the staff were willing to help. Atmosphere is great for solo backpackers to make friends. Location is close to city and transportation. Key cards allow access to room and lockers. Best security I've seen yet. Sad my stay was short lived. I'll be back wombat!

The bathroom needed to be cleaned at least every other day (if not every day). With 6 people using it, it got dirty quick. Sunroom is nice to relax in and bar is good for meeting people. Internet spotty at times. Tours were good. Room good size with lockers.

What a great hostel. The staff and facilities were excellent. They had everything working at full efficiency. This is my expectation, and on this stay was achieved. Great job Wombat.

• 10th Oct 2014

In 5th floor there is a fairly loud buzzing sound which makes sleeping unpleasant. Private rooms are a little to expensive.

Hey from Munich! Thanks very much for letting us know. We'll have a look into that a.s.a.p. Have fun onwards!

Location wise very near train station. Staff is friendly. Place is clean. Good WIFI. Lots of powerpoints, each person gets your own powerpoint so there is no need to share.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. The only issue was the heat in the bedrooms. We were staying on the first floor in the rooms opposite the bar. You can open the windows but they only open into another indoor conservatory type area, which meant that the heat just stayed in. This made it quite uncomfortable to sleep in on the last night when we were slightly more sober in particular. Overall a fantastic hostel though.

• 9th Oct 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for the rating! Yeah, unfortunately we don't have aircon which is why we equipped every rooms with a fan during the hot season. However if one is not enough feel free to ask for another one at reception. As long as we have spare fans our staff will help you out right away. Stay safe and happy travels!

Torsten was particularly helpful in answering some of my pre-booking questions and responded very quickly as well. Having a room with windows facing the center of the noisy downstairs bar and lounge area was a definite dis-advantage and would try to reserve i one on the perimeter next time.

• 9th Oct 2014

I stayed in an 8-bed room. The room was stuffy and smelled of shoes and socks.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

had some issues at check-in getting the key card to work, but the girl at reception was very helpful to get it rectified. the bar had a good atmosphere and was great way to meet other travellers. the walking tour could have been better / more professional but the fact that they offer it from the hostel was great. good location and clean. the only major downside is that the wifi didn't work 90% of the time! especially during the peak hours when more people were around - that was annoying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7