Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Actually, everything was really good, however the shower in my room (105) had really poor condition. Despite from that the hostel is great!

• 19th Dec 2014

Pros: They provide you with a locker and key in your room free of charge. The room key is also the locker key. Rooms are bright and clean. Nice enough staff Cons: They do not provide towels. The wi-fi is terrible in the rooms. Do not count on being able to use it. Breakfast is not included with the room rate.

Great hostel! Loved it. The staff is not the most Friendly, but they're definitively super helpful! Would totally stay there again.

This is by far my favourite place I've stayed so far. I'm a solo traveler and found this to be a great place! Super convenient location. I'd recommend this to people traveling in groups, as the bar in the hostel is a great place to hang out and the hostel is close to everything. For solo travellers, it's a big hostel and you can easily end up sitting alone in the bar surrounded by groups, so if you stay here be prepared to introduce yourself to others. Awesome place though. Loved it!

• 17th Dec 2014

Staff!!!!!!! What can I Say... Super super friendly and atmosphere was so amazing. Loved it. Close to maintain station.

Staff was really kind and helpful and the atmosphere is great!

Everything was great. Free walking tour was nice and enjoyable. Met some great people, don't really have any complaints.

All perfect, but i didnt sleep very well, because it was too loud. The other guests weren't very thoughtful.

• 16th Dec 2014

The only thing that needs improvement in the wifi signal. My friend and I needed to book hostels and trains for our next country to visit and even the connection on the Wombats desktops wouldn't work. But overall I highly recommended staying here. Very clean, very nice staff, and great breakfast and atmosphere

• 15th Dec 2014

Second time staying here, it's only gotten better. The wifi was a little choppy at times but having it available in the rooms is great. The tours are fantastic and well worth the money. Staff are super helpful. Only complaint, and it's a small one, is that staff in the bar were sometimes rude and inpatient. Otherwise this hostel has everything you could need.

• 13th Dec 2014

We had a great weekend at the Xmas market! There was plenty going on in the bar in the evening with a great atmosphere but we were pretty tired from all the walking so it was perfect to be able to join in for a couple of drinks before heading up to a nice quiet bedroom *old lady alert* Minor downfall was the wifi on the 4th floor was almost non-existent plus just one little hand towel between four people would've been appreciated. Finishing on a positive: breakfast was marvellous :)

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! Apparently the old lady alert didn't go off here due to a young heart. ;) We're constantly working on the wifi but it's a bit like Sissyphus with a mountain range instead of a rock. But there is always hope. Normally people bring their own but you can rent one for free at reception BUT: Always know where your towel is! :) Happy travels

We have a really nice day here and everything is clean and good !!! Definitely will come back again;)!!!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel with good atmosphere making it ideal for a solo traveller like me. Staff were super friendly and make the stay that much better. Thanks guys!

Double private room - was clean and comfortable, just what we wanted. Great location and enjoyable stay. Thanks a lot!

Had a really great stay! Bathrooms are really nice and rooms are nice and big. I loved the common areas with the separation between the bar and hangout room with hammocks. Definitely would recommend staying here!

Amazing hostel (super-friendly staff, unbeatable location, clean, warm, with a really nice common area), though the fact that the bathrooms were within the rooms themselves was pretty annoying -- trying to get six girls through one tiny bathroom in the morning is a huge pain, and having drunk vomiting roommates is also pretty terrible.

• 10th Dec 2014

Helloooo! Thanks very much for your comments! Speaking out of experience: consider yourself lucky that is was ONLY vomit. ;) Just kidding. If there's a jam up to Norway (beautiful I heard) in your bathroom please feel free to ask for the key to our communal bathrooms at reception. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Breakfast was only 3.90 euros and everyone was super friendly! The only problem was that the music from the bar is super loud and it stays pretty loud until about 1 in the morning...but it's a big youth hostel; you have to expect that much.

• 10th Dec 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

It was an incredible place to stay.

• 9th Dec 2014

Probably the best hostel I stayed on my trip. It is located right next to Munich's main station, so it is easy access to trains if leaving or going. We stayed in a 6 person room and it was spacious and had a large table, which was convenient when I wanted to use my laptop, and you know, sit down. The only negative I would say I had was that the Wi-Fi didn't work that well for me.

Great hostel in a great location. Bar is awesome with reasonably priced drinks and really good place to meet others. Rooms were clean with ensuite. Wifi was terrible but all in all a great few nights. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7