Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Staff!!!!!!! What can I Say... Super super friendly and atmosphere was so amazing. Loved it. Close to maintain station.

Staff was really kind and helpful and the atmosphere is great!

Everything was great. Free walking tour was nice and enjoyable. Met some great people, don't really have any complaints.

All perfect, but i didnt sleep very well, because it was too loud. The other guests weren't very thoughtful.

• 16th Dec 2014

The only thing that needs improvement in the wifi signal. My friend and I needed to book hostels and trains for our next country to visit and even the connection on the Wombats desktops wouldn't work. But overall I highly recommended staying here. Very clean, very nice staff, and great breakfast and atmosphere

• 15th Dec 2014

We had a great weekend at the Xmas market! There was plenty going on in the bar in the evening with a great atmosphere but we were pretty tired from all the walking so it was perfect to be able to join in for a couple of drinks before heading up to a nice quiet bedroom *old lady alert* Minor downfall was the wifi on the 4th floor was almost non-existent plus just one little hand towel between four people would've been appreciated. Finishing on a positive: breakfast was marvellous :)

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! Apparently the old lady alert didn't go off here due to a young heart. ;) We're constantly working on the wifi but it's a bit like Sissyphus with a mountain range instead of a rock. But there is always hope. Normally people bring their own but you can rent one for free at reception BUT: Always know where your towel is! :) Happy travels

We have a really nice day here and everything is clean and good !!! Definitely will come back again;)!!!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel with good atmosphere making it ideal for a solo traveller like me. Staff were super friendly and make the stay that much better. Thanks guys!

Double private room - was clean and comfortable, just what we wanted. Great location and enjoyable stay. Thanks a lot!

• 11th Dec 2014

Amazing hostel (super-friendly staff, unbeatable location, clean, warm, with a really nice common area), though the fact that the bathrooms were within the rooms themselves was pretty annoying -- trying to get six girls through one tiny bathroom in the morning is a huge pain, and having drunk vomiting roommates is also pretty terrible.

• 10th Dec 2014

Helloooo! Thanks very much for your comments! Speaking out of experience: consider yourself lucky that is was ONLY vomit. ;) Just kidding. If there's a jam up to Norway (beautiful I heard) in your bathroom please feel free to ask for the key to our communal bathrooms at reception. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Breakfast was only 3.90 euros and everyone was super friendly! The only problem was that the music from the bar is super loud and it stays pretty loud until about 1 in the morning...but it's a big youth hostel; you have to expect that much.

• 10th Dec 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Probably the best hostel I stayed on my trip. It is located right next to Munich's main station, so it is easy access to trains if leaving or going. We stayed in a 6 person room and it was spacious and had a large table, which was convenient when I wanted to use my laptop, and you know, sit down. The only negative I would say I had was that the Wi-Fi didn't work that well for me.

Great hostel in a great location. Bar is awesome with reasonably priced drinks and really good place to meet others. Rooms were clean with ensuite. Wifi was terrible but all in all a great few nights. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Had a very good stay. Handy to central station and the zob is just a short walk. Supermarket etc very close. Facilities are good but no kitchen. Beds comfy, bathrooms excllent and clean. If you get a chance, jump on the castle tour-well worth it! Enjoy your free drink. Have fun :)

Great hostel with a fantastic bar downstairs. Excellent location, breakfast and facilities! Highly recommended

Best hostel stay we have ever had

After traveling for 5 months around Europe, NZ, Japan, I can safely say that hostels can't get better than this. The wifi connection is weas, but aside that- great atmosphere, amazing facilities. Good, reliable staff.

Great location near train station. Although clean there was an unpleasant smell in the drains. One of the bathrooms was unusable because of it. I would stay here again.

I suggest wombats to all lonely travellers! Best location, 2 min walking to Hauptbhf, clean and friendly. Always full with good reason. Although, we should reconsider this sheet thing for those who check out before 6 am!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Greece

I had already been to Munich before but this was definitely the best hostel i have been in, the atmosphere is really cool, the place is well equipped, the personal is super nice and the bar is great! The lounge also was a very nice touch and of course, the breakfast was really good and inexpensive : ). All in all it was a great decision to stay at the Wombats. Very cool place to meet people also! you will not get bored : )

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7