Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Staff was not friendly or welcoming, very aloof and patronizing for no reason. They have great facilities, and a really cool atrium for hanging out in, but I don't think it was quite worth what we paid, considering it was off-season, after Oktoberfest and didn't include breakfast or many perks at all really.

I wasn't sure about this place at first but ended up having a great time. The bar downstairs and common area is fabulous.

Clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly. Met great people. Would recommend for anyone looking for a good hostel to stay at.

Great hostel! One the cleanest and most comfortable I've ever been in. The only problem was the other guestsguests! Some of the people in my dorm were very inconsiderate, being loud when coming back at 3am and leaving used condoms on the floor and vomit in the bathroom... It wasn't even Oktoberfest! :-/

Roomy 6 person dorm with picnic table, and clean adjacent bathroom and excellent internet!

Non helpful (cranky) staff, squicky bunkbeds, tiny bathroom, pior WiFi. Good for those in their 20's, it's a party place.

Hi there! We'll talk to staff to see if there was a problem... Hope you have greater bathrooms onwards! ;)

Nice place to stay--rooms were comfortable, ensuite bathroom was nice, and the indoor courtyard was lovely. The wifi was pretty spotty at times, and laundry was suuuuuper expensive. Staff were really nice, though, and we met some great people. I'd stay here again.

This is my second time staying at Wombats Munich. The room is clean. However, the roommates aren't considerate, making the floor wet by washing clothes in the sink and not flushing after using the toilet.

Can't fault it at all, the location is fantastic, right across the road from the main railway station, very easy to find and an easy, 10-15 minute walk to the main areas of culture, bars and restaurants. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful from the moment of check in. Rooms were clean, roomy and bathrooms were very clean. The bar within the hostel was good value, great atmosphere and again, friendly staff. Wi-fi great throughout the building.

Great job, very pleased with my stay. Wouldn't mind if the beds were even sturdier.

Pros: - Wombats had the best security ! Need a key card to enter different parts of the building,/the lockers were locked with the key card /a security guard is stationed all night. As 2 female travelers, it felt awesome to have so much security. - The bar had great atmosphere with good happy hour deals. Easy to meet people -Gave an awesome map of the city + a free drink -Across street from train station Cons: -Pillows and bedding were pretty worn out and a little gross

Hi there! Thanks a million for your comments! We'll check the bedding in the room straight away. Sorry about that! Have a great time onwards!

The overall feel of the hostel is great and the six bed dorm we in had more than enough room. Also the were great.

Great bar area/atmosphere to hang out in. €4.30 for an all-you-can eat breakfast which filled me up until dinner so definitely worth it. Staff, location, and security all excellent. I absolutely recommend for travelers looking to meet people and have a good time!

Clean Hostel. Lounge is great. Was there for the Oktoberfest which was walking distance. Lots of food options nearby..

The hostel is in a great location. It is a very large hostel with a very nice bar. Making new friends at this hostel is not a problem. The common areas are nice, especially the courtyard. I only stayed a night, but if I go back to Munich, I will definitely stay here again.

Good hostel, nice staff but was overpriced for the facilities offered

Hey mate! Thanks a bunch for your comments! If you have any idea how to improve our facilities feel free to write us an e-mail: office@wombats-munich.de. Always know where your towel is!

Great location and atmosphere. Expensive during Oktoberfest, as all accommodations are. No breakfast included but the buffet in the morning isn't expensive. Only stayed one night but will definitely go back if I'm ever in Munich again!

Overrated hostel. My reasons why I wouldn't recommend this to others: 1. Their parking was full, so I had to park far away at a much higher cost. 2, Pillow and mattress looked old and dirty 3. They could invest in some better soundproofed windows, since outside is noisy all night and it's impossible to sleep 4. They need to set an age limit or at least separate the old farts from the young. 4/6 people were over 45 in my room and their loud snoring and frequent #2s made my stay a nightmare

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Uzbekistan

Staff very friendly and helpful. Location is amazing as everything you need is on the doorstep. Rooms are clean and spacious. Would absolutely stay here again.

Can someone guide the bartenders how to switch to the right Bundesliga / EPL football channel? I missed out Bayern Munich's match....Although my team won, but devastated not having to catch the match, excitement & adrenaline rush. Also, can you have a policy of 15 minutes extended period @ no cost from the check out time? [No need to declare to the public]. Sometimes, packing of the luggage to check out is quite a hassel.

Hi there! Thanks for your comments! This is all rather strange. Normally our bar staff knows this. (?!) Sure, it didn't interfere with a Rugby World Cup match? Also, we NEVER charge anyone who checks out a bit late. If it's more than 2 hours though we might make guests to pay another night. There has be a limit since we need to clean the rooms for check-in. We'll have a look into these matters and check the situation. Take it easy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7