Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Great hostel in Munich. Easy to find with helpful staff that went the extra mile to help me out when I arrived. Very welcoming and clean facilities. And the room was good to. First hostel I've ever stayed in that had a table in the room. Great touch! Really really enjoyed my stay here and the staff on the bar were great for helping me improve my German skills! Highly recommended!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

It was nice stay at Munich. Actually, I had a terrible experience while I was staying. One US guy was kidding on me when I was sleeping. However, at the time I went down to reception, the staff was very kind and tried to compensate about it. :)

I very much enjoyed staying at the Wombats City Hostel. It had a very inviting, clean, and refreshing atmosphere. In addition, everyone gets a free drink at the bar which makes for a very social atmosphere and we had fun visiting with other guests, there was even live music the night we were there. I felt very safe and the location was really great as it was right next to the train station. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• 28th Feb 2015

Such a nice hostel! Great atmosphere! Super clean and very nice! Definitely skip the continental breakfast that's definitely not worth 4.50€ but other than that I loved my stay and everything about this place!

• 28th Feb 2015

The WIFI here is the worst I have ever had at any hostel. Other than that, everything is great!

One of the best hostel I've stayed at. Airy and large rooms, very nice common areas, terrific location, good facilities; I would definitely go back there again.

Everything is good expect the wifi does not work properly.

We stayed in a six bed mixed room, for the 4 of us, and it was perfect! The lockers are big and every bed has it's own outlet. The rooms are clean and ours had a bathroom so it was everything we needed. Also the beds are super comfortable and you get clean sheet and towels! Breakfast is cheap and the bar at night is an easy place to make friends, plus the staff are hilarious. All in all a great hostel and I would 100% stay here again!

• 21st Feb 2015

The guys at the front desk can be jerks, but it was a great hostel. Rooms were clean, the city map had lots of great suggestions (make sure to go to Augustiner Stuben - best beer I have ever had), and the hostel bar was fun. A bit of a walk to major stuff, but almost everything is a bit of a walk in Munich.

poor wifi

• 19th Feb 2015

Wombats is great, the winter garden is perfect to hang out in at the end of the day with a beer. The main problem was that the fan for the bathroom was noisy even after the light had been switched off which could be an issue for people. There are bedside lights and powerpoints at each bed so no fighting for sockets.

Everything wsas good!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed. Amazing facilities, staff, and location. It is 2 minutes walking from the main station in Munich and just 10 minutes walking from the city center. The bar on the first floor has an unique atmosphere and it is great to meet new people!

Awesome place. Great atmosphere, staff, facilities, all super.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Wombats is a huge hostel chain and though it tries capture the experience, it is such a manufactured exp. It feels kind of fake. On the wombats website, it said there would be a kitchen, only to find in the tiny tiny tiny print that Munich is the only Wombats without a kitchen. This bothered me more than it should have. The rooms are decent, staff are good and it is a good location, but I lied to them when I said I'd check out the Wombats when I went to Vienna.

• 17th Feb 2015

Nice place to crash for a couple of nights. Nerdy college vibe with a very multicultural crowd, typical of several other hostels in the area. Rooms, washrooms, bar and lobby are very average but location is great and the staff is fluent in English and quite efficient . All in a all, good value for money.

Excellent Hostel. Just a few minutes walk from train station HBH. Quiet for sleeping. Lovely modern clean decor. Friendly helpfull reception staff.

• 16th Feb 2015

The staff were always lazy and unwilling to help, seriously, it seemed like I was doing a favor staying there. Bar staff was even worse, and they even allow one of the girls who works there to bring it's dog inside, way to go. They have this awesome space inside with the hammocks, full of low life's and people who aren't even guests, so what's the point? Internet completely sucks and I definitely won't stay in any other wombat's in Europe.

This is not the hostel fault, but I stayed at a 6 bed dorm, and everybody woke up arround 7 and started making lots of noise, packing plastic bags and talking out loud. I repeatedly asked them to be quiet with a prolongued "SHHHH" but they were all japanese and I didn't have a translator with me. I guess SHH doesn't mean a thing in japanese.

It was a typical hostel. The wifi barely worked and they do not have a bar crawl. I´m not too sure if they wash the bedspreads because you only have to return the bedsheets at the end.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7