Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Easy check in, comfy beds, great bar and beers :-) one suggestion... when you give the room number/locker number out - it would be a good idea if the beds were numbered as well as the lockers, I came back in in the early hours to find a new guest (not through alcohol) who had clearly just checked in and thought my freshly made bed was his and made up by the hostel...! not so fun!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Had an awesome stay!

Great hostel overall. The atmosphere is just amazing. They have an awesome bar downstairs that opens at 10 and lets you warm up for a good night out. They give you the the best Munich map ever. The rooms and bathrooms are just spotless and the staff is awesome. The location is perfect since its across the street from the train station and about a 15 minute walk to the city center. There are also good bars and clubs walkin distance. Worth every euro.

staff at the reception were okay but the cleaners were real rude, kind of ruined my experience there The facilities weren't bad, internet connection was real bad, stopped trying after a while. Wasn't too bad overall but dont think I would revisit next time around

The two guys who worked reception in the afternoon while I was there were amazing! So sweet and helpful. A Clyne of the morning workers were alright, didn't seem quite as helpful, but they were still fairly nice. This is the first hostel I really felt a sense of community in (even if one girl did ruin it for me my last night...); most other German hostels I've felt more like I was staying in a hotel. This was definitely the most social.

Good hostel nothing special though. Easy to meet people if your a solo traveller.

I enjoyed my stay at Wombats in Munich pretty much. The location is amazing, just around the corner of the train station and at a walking distance from Marienplatz. I stayed at the pink wing and I liked that the room hat its own bathroom. The only downside was that the bathroom floor got really wet after everyone showered.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Austria

다좋았으나... 밤에 자려고하면 정문앞에서 무리들이 떠드는 소리때문에 잘 수 없었다. 광장까지와의 거리는 가깝고 좋았음

Pretty amazing hostel in central location. It's a big hostel and cool for meeting people. I liked the rooms and the key-card locker system. Two negatives. 1) Wifi sucks at peak times. 2) The bar staff were very variable. They made us wait well over one hour until they finished their snooker game, I thought this very annoying. (I appreciate it will take time because of working but it's very selfish!!). Also, one barman was fine to me but very rude to other guests with minor reason in my opinion.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! Well, to be perfectly blunt: if they prefer to play snooker they need not suffer to work here. I am very sorry about this and we will talk to them immediately! But I'm glad that you had a good time here otherwise. Take it easy!

clean and good location

I loved Wombat's!! Great location, and the staff is extremely accommodating! The only complaint I have would be that the wifi didn't work for anyone (in my group of 5) for more than a minute or so, which was very limiting. Bar was awesome. Overall great atmosphere!

• 15th Mar 2015

This is a very nice hostel. The breakfast is awesome (tough not included in the price for the room) and they have a very nice bar. The rooms are silent and clean. The only problem is that they lack a kitchen and they probably won't have one ever.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • AnaCristaldi

I'm in love about Wombat's Hostel. I've been in Munich and London, and both were great. Anywhere I go that there's Wombats, it is for sure my only choice. Safety, clean and with such a great vibe!

• 13th Mar 2015

The hostel was spotlessly clean, the staff were awesome, and the location was right next to the main station. It had some great eateries close by. There are some good bars and clubs within walking distance, too. The price of the drinks in the bar was amazing, especially during happy hour! Amazing hostel. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone going to Munich.

• All Male Group, 18-24

Not the best place for solo travelers, as it is more of a party hostel and everyone seemed to be in a big group.

This was my first hostel that I've stayed in, and I had an amazing time, the only issue I had was with the wifi constantly cutting out, which was very frustratingly. Aside from that, the staff were really lovely, the all you can eat breakfast was great! I managed to meet new people every night down at the bar, as I am a solo traveler, which was fantastic! Would definitely stay there again.

• 13th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels in Europe. Best in Munich.

I felt there very good :) everything was clean and staff very kind :).

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

Second time at this hostel and it was def a better time than the first. Fairly clean, great party hostel. The reservation was messed up and they still made sure it worked out the way we wanted. Staff was really helpful.

Just great to stay!! I stay here every time when I came to Munich.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7