Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Staff was cute!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Really good hostel - I'd stay there again. Quite a lively bar so it's easy to meet people, but also quiet in the rooms so you can get some sleep; also a couple of good tours to go on (walking tour and Dachau). WiFi was pretty slow, but otherwise no complaints!

Good for younger backpackers. Very lively group of people :-)

• 22nd Jul 2014

The WiFi speed wasn't great, the rooms could do with air conditioning and the beer tour was perhaps a little early, but otherwise we loved our stay! Comfy beds, cheap bar and a great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Had a good time at this Wombats. Right near the station! You must go on the Dachau walking tour. The guide is phenomenal. Walking tour was pretty informative as well, but the beer garden tour was better. Lots of fun people and good atmosphere!

It is unfortunate that the hostel cannot have a kitchen, but this is not their fault due to Munich city laws. Other than that, everything was great.

Stayed here for two nights in a twin double private. Had a bathroom that was private as well. Everything was very clean and organized and really was just like a hotel. Great for students and young travelers and the floors were quiet and away from the bar as well. Totally recommend it. So close to the train station and you can take a train anywhere.

The place is very well organized and the stuff is always nice and ready to help, the winter garden is just perfect!! Unluckly when I staid there I couldn't sleep so much cause there was a lot of confusion during the night, guys partying and slamming doors, but I don't know if it was just a case or standard atmosphere.

Excellent location close to Hauptbahnhof (train, metro and subway). Helpful staff, clean building.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff is friendly, the bar is fun, and the atmosphere is welcoming. So thankful we had a fan in our room too!! The tour guide to Dachau was phenomenal. The internet was a bit spotty at times, but it was free and in the rooms as well. Breakfast is a great value! I would stay here again.

Ended up staying with a friend and they refunded me the whole thing!

Wombats is the best hostel that i've been. Your location is perfect, you can do almost everything by foot. The room is big, clean and the bed is really good. Has a bar in the back, everybody goes there for drinking and meting another persons. I loved this hostel, if you need stay in Munich, choose wombats.

Very convenient for transportation, but the neighbourhood didn't feel as safe as other areas for a woman walking alone after dark. Air conditioned atrium was really nice.

I love the location best! It's so in the center of the city, just a minute walking from hbf. The staff is really helpful, and the give us such a cool guide map. Both room and bathroom are clean and comfy, although in my first night there are some disturbing drunken noises from next door people. I notice that wombat has silent policy after 11pm, but appently those people are stupid. Well, overall, when in munich, go with wombats.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! Of course they are not stupid. :) They are just immune against sleep. They had a few "shots" too many ahahahaaa. I'm so funny. No seriously: if somebody - by accident!! - fails to comply with our noise policy feel free to report this to reception. Our night shifters will be happy to... "deal" with it. ;) Don't worry, we do comply with the human rights agenda of Geneva. They're mostly harmless. Thanks again and always know where your towel is!

there is only one bathroom in the 10 bed dorm :(

I got bitten by bed bugs here. Beds are pretty old and dingy and of course made of wood. 베드버그 있어요. 물려서 엄청 고생함..

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

very good place it has a good bar and is very comfy, the breakfast isn`t includedbut for 3.5 you get a delicious breakfast

I really enjoyed my stay at the Wombats City Hostel. I attended the beer tour and it was a lot of fun. The location of the hostel is excellent, because it is near to the central station of Munich and after a long day of travel the hostel can be easily found.

As always the wombats chain of hostels is great. The staff at the munich hostel though were not overly helpful - when we asked any questions we were just handed a pamphlet sheet with information. But as always the hostel was really nice.

This place is awesome