Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Super nice hostel in Munich with very friendly and helpful staff! I loved the atmosphere, the cosy glass-roofed garden and the huge breakfast. It's not the cheapest place, but it's definitely worth every cent. Plus it is super nice to have a private bathroom in every room. There's also enough space in the rooms and nice wooden beds as well as tables and benches. Definitely will stay there the next time I am in Munich :)

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

A staff member knocked on our door at about 12am. We said yes who's there? Without asking permission she opened our door using the masterkey while we were undressed and in bed. It was a horrible experience.

The main problem was no Air conditioning!!! Temperature was very high due to the heart wave and all the staff had to say was that Germany is not equipped for it. But paying 80 Euro a night for a room for two not including breakfast, it's not fair that we sweat at night and don't get proper sleep. Otherwise staff was helpful like at the other wombats.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • India

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! As I always say, feel free to ask for an additional fan at reception or replace the one in your room if you feel that it doesn't really work. We've changed quite a few already since they're just too old and weak now. I'm very sorry that you had to suffer during the blaze! Even if all the fans provided won't do just ask the front desk with a radiating smile if you couldn't have breakfast for free due to the situation... ;) Stay safe & happy travels!

Wombats Munich was clean, has a good bar, and is very close to the central station, while not being far from the city centre. I didn't like that the shower, toilet and sink for the ensuite rooms were all in the one room. It caused problems with waiting forever just to brush your teeth in my 6 share dorm. The limited number of backup bathrooms were only on one floor, several floors down from me. The WiFi became completely useless at times when the majority of guests were at the hostel and awake

Just your general run of the mill hostel with a good bar. The wifi is absolutely horrendous and doesn't work 95% of the time. The location is really good though and it's close to everything Munich.

Hi there! Thanks heaps for your rating! I can happily announce that we're now down 93%! :) Just joking, eh? What can you do, either cry or laugh or both. But that doesn't mean we'll do the ostrich. We're pressing hard on negotiations for a new and radiating wifi contract and at the same time trying to squeeze out as much as possible of the existing wire. We're very sorry about that! Until then feel free to use our even more free surf stations in the lobby if you need to organize stuff. Cheers!

I really enjoyed this hostel! Perfect location to most things you want to see. Staff are helpful and friendly. Pricing is good :) worth the stay. Thank you

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Streetfront rooms get some noise in morning hours

Brilliant relaxed clean hostel with friendly helpful staff and a great bar. Only criticism would be the wall to wall Bruno mars in the mornings..... ;-) great place thanks for having/putting up with us!

• 28th Aug 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your feedback! Unfortunately we have to play his music to prepare you for the looney-gloomy world out there. Otherwise your brain would melt and re-materialize as a gumboot. We've tried several artists over the years but Bruno Mars gets the best results. Sorry about that!

Besides rooftop terrace (that closes at 10pm) and the bar, this stunk. The rooms were fine, but just the atmospherewasnt there. The staff were most unhelpful people, and the hostel didn't do a good job of connecting you to the city. Besides a bulletin board of a few things to do, the hostel was useless in helping you out .

Hi there! Thank you very much for your rating! Problem is... we don't have a rooftop terrace. :) Happy travels!

Excellent hostel! Rooms meticulously clean and very spacious, great chillout area and bar, really friendly and helpful staff, central location, good breakfast, great showers. Only problem was that we didnt stay long enough! Thank you

One of the nicest hostels we stayed at during our travels. The area/location was a bit dodgy, but the inside of the host was awesome and the staff were a lot of fun. Definitely recommend this hostel to any young travelers looking to enjoy the downstairs bar and meet new people. Rooms were very hot during the heat wave in Munich, and it was very noisy woth the windows open, but overall, it was a great hostel and cool experience.

• 26th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel. Facilities were great (excluding slow wifi). Only stayed one night, but the downstairs bar was nice and makes it easy to meet other travelers. Would stay here again.

In my opinion music is very loud at the bar. It is a bit uncomfortable if you are talking with other hostages.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! Don't worry, we will release you and the other hostages as soon as our demands are met. ;) Sorry, just kidding. We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

We loved this hostel! The staff were super helpful and funny. The rooms were big and bright and had their own bathrooms which was so great. There was also an individual table and outlet in each bunk. The bar in the hostel was really fun, and you can keep drinking in the lobby after the bar closes at 1. Very close to the train station. We had a fantastic time here and definitely would stay here again!

"..., and you can keep drinking in the lobby after the bar closes at 1." Don't tell that to everyone, sweetheart. Our nightshifters will haunt you forever... ;) Just kidding! - It'll only be half of forever. :) We're glad you liked it here. Rock on, rock hard!

Beds were quite small. I don't fit in a 1,9 meter bed so it was hard to sleep. The rooms are very clean and have basic facilities. The building is a little noisy in the evening when everyone is at the bar.

• 25th Aug 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments. Though I wonder, are you sure you stayed here? I'm very sorry, this may seem a rather stupid question but I am 1.95m and slept in some our hostels myself and never had any problems (and all our houses have the same standard size beds). Anyway, if the noise is bothering feel free to report to reception aobut this. They will help you out as good as they can. Have a great time onwards!

Fun, big hostel with a great bar, big comfy beds. Could not be closer to the train station.

Good hostel. Large rooms. There are other bathrooms in the hallway in case someone is using the one in the room which is really nice. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Close to train station and everything else. I'd go again.

It's a very efficient hostel, but I found it too big and commercial. Doesn't offer a unique experience to travelers.

Ah shame. You should have tried our wormhole next to the Toblerone section in our vending machine. Takes you right into a dive on Sirius with Chewbacca sitting next to you trying to outhowl a Tie Fighter. --- Sorry. No offense mate, I just couldn't resist. :) Always know where your towel is!

I asked for a parking space, and asked twice about the height restriction. I then found that the parking was too low. Very commercial and impersonal set up with rooms, bar etc. Hostelling on an industrial scale. No personal touch.

Convenient location. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Excellent breakfast for only 4,30 euros! Dorm beds comfortable. Toilets/showers could be cleaned more often (twice day). Internet very slow. Overall recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7