Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Too hot...

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

It is very close to the main train station and to the city center. The street is not so nice, you can be afraid at nights but the hostel is well protected. There is a very nice bar and loud music at nights at the hostel, it was a very cool environment if you want to hang out. But if you need silence and a good sleep, it is not for you! The breakfast and facilities in the room was great.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down (also in the bar) and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

The hostel itself was in a convenient location. However, there were a lot of gross people outside the hostel. The area was covered in empty bottles and cigarettes butts. I definitely would not say it was in a clean or nice area. The staff was less than friendly. Super unhelpful and some of the women behind the desk were downright rude. I was told that I could "iron my shirt on the floor because they couldn't help." Very disappointing. Overall, I was disappointed in the hostel and wouldn't return

Pros: Really great staff. Awesome bar, neat set up, clean, nice atmosphere, if you be a little social you'll make friends, a free beer coupon. Cons: Very hot in the rooms during a heat wave. Crappy wifi. This hostel was a lot of fun for me. I really enjoyed it overall.

Overall it was a good experience in this hostel, the staff were friendly and always happy to help and the location is ideal, just a minute from the train station. Being up in the top of the building however the dorm was extremely hot as whilst there were windows in the roof we could not open them so got absolutely roasted in the room.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It is clean and the staff are great but the atmosphere is what makes it! I got to meet a lot of interesting people at the bar in the hostel. Also, the location is good, by the city and by the train station. The only aspect that wasn't great was the wifi, it didn't work most of the time.

We only stayed here one night. The beds were sturdy and there was a private bathroom for the mixed dorm. The bar downstairs was fun, had a great vibe. Nice staff and the breakfast was good as well. Only minor downsides were the wifi connection and our room was really really hot. I hardly slept because it was so uncomfortable. They definitely need fans or air conditioning I think there may have been a heat wave when we were here. We had a really good night! Would stay again.

Hi from Munich! Thanks heaps for all your remarks! There should be at least one fan in every room actually. We'll check the situation in the dorm you stayed right away! ...more like a heat microwave actually. Feels like we're in the epicentre if a solar outburst. ;) Have a great time onwards!

Wasn't expecting much but was still disappointed. Area is actually really dodgy, the wifi was terrible and the room is a hot box. The city itself is great so I would recommend spending as much time as possible outside.

Hi there! I'm sorry you didn't have a good time here. :( We're working on a new contract for the wifi so let's hope. If the rooms get too hot feel free to ask for another fan at reception. They'll be happy to give them out as long as there are spare ones. As it often is with main Station Areas, they're not the nicest one. But don't worry, even in that area it's pretty safe. Hope, you'll enjoy your time onwards!

i think temperature in room was so much warm which make me don't sleep during night,but the others were so good !.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! As I wrote concerning another rating, don't hesitate to ask at the front desk for second fan. With temperatures like this the whole city seems like one big Sauna. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Australian staff member with facial hair behind the reception desk was gorgeousss

Seriously, as you know, your wifi is garbage. I wouldn't advertise even having it until such a time I was ready to step into the 21st century. I could surely surf better in North Korea.

Location is right beside main station! Staff was very helpful! Super secure and very clean! The only thing wrong is the internet was so slow that it barely worked! So wi fi is almost non existant!

We stayed in a 6 person female dorm. The area around the hostel was not the best neighborhood, but the hostel was very safe. You needed your key card to get in most parts of the hostel. The breakfast was a nice cost, enclosed patio (?) was very nice, and the staff was very friendly! Two complaints: wifi connection was awful, and bathroom frequently flooded. Other than that, we really enjoy the Wambat's hostels!

Nice hostel close to the main town and right across the road from the train station. Wifi was pretty good in the room and the hostel was clean.

First one I gave five starts to across the board I think!

Since it was hot in the city, it was unbelievable hot in the room at night. No think of sleep. But in the winter it's nice in the hostel ;-)....in the middle of the city.

This hostel had one of the best buzzes I have seen so far in Europe! The bar staff were incredibly especially Ben! Staff at the reception were very helpful when it came to printing out boarding passes or various other tickets. Only downside which was a majority annoyance was that the wifi in the hostel is very poor and doesn't live up to the standard the rest of the wombats facilities and staff set. I would definitely suggest that this should be looked at!

• 27th Jun 2015

It was very nice location hostel!! But, if u want to sleep deeply, u shouldn't choose it. The bar on the even floor was very noisy in the ni ght. Except for bar, it was perfect.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

The wifi is horrible i could not connect to it at all

Wombats says they have WiFI. They should not as it is useless and rarely works. It would be better to simply say they don't have it so you don't waste your time trying go get it to work. It only worked for a few seconds at a time. Horrible!

• 25th Jun 2015

Hi there! Thanks for your criticism! Believe me, it wasn't always that bad. But during the last weeks it just deteriorated which is why we decided to change our provider. We're pressing hard but it might still take a while until all that is finished. Until then we can only apologize but: there is hope! Always... :) Have a great time onwards!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7