Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Loved my stay! So close to the heart of the city and righ by the international train station. Te common areas are amazing and super relaxing, and it was nice to have a sociable room (there was a picnic table in mine which was great! ). Great to have a locker to keep valuables in. Good brekkie although don't like having to pay for it. Overall had a great time and the staff were always really helpful and really friendly!!

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm with a private bathroom. The room and bathroom were always clean when I got back from a day of sightseeing. The all you can eat breakfast price was cheap and the food options were always many! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The only downside is the horrible WiFi which rarely worked and if it did, only for a few minutes at a time.

Wonderful stay, with very polite staff. Only thing was you could hear the noise from the bar downstairs in the room, and shouting girls didn't help. :) But apart from that, the hostel was great... would definitely stay again here... recommended

• 14th Nov 2014
  • India

Wifi had some problems on the first few floors and would commonly disconnect. but the Breakfast is great and the Hostel provides tours of the city (ok tour), Dachau (great tour!), and the Castle.

The only negative thing I have to say about this hostel is their wifi was horrible! Everything else was fantastic!

I stayed three nights but they gave me just one towel.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Always know where your towel is... :)

Was a great location happy hr in bar was great and only a short walk to the city centre. Rooms were clean and you actually had space and a locker. One of the best I have ever stayed in. Thanks

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The rooms are big with individual lights and outlets by each bed and the bar was a great place to get cheap drinks and meet new people. The staff was helpful and we were able to leave our luggage during the day after our stay. Great location, highly recommend to all!

The room doors in this hostel SLAM shut like prison cells! If you are fine with the sound of doors slamming in the morning. Then yes, this hotel is for you. Else, try somewhere else.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Hostel was very close to the train station which was convenient. Rooms were clean and I appreciated the free "welcome beer." But hostel was huge, so it was kind of overwhelming.

I love Wombats!! as a female travelling alone it's an awesome place the bar is pretty good prices and makes it super easy to meet people across the road from the main station and only 10 minutes or less wall to the city centre! awesome spot. security was excellent aswell the wifi was a little patchy but for the price I have absolutely no complaints!

Handy location right in front of HB, but you have to walk 12-15 min to Old Town where the main sights are. Good beds, nice clean dorms and toilets/showers. Excellent breakfast for 3.90 only. Staff very helpful. Cons: you have to make you own bed and bring used sheets to reception at check-out. They have hair dryers for rental, but they don't keep control of the time (ppl return whenever they want) so you may never get a chance to use one and end up having to sleep with your hair wet in winter.

Nice center place to stay in Munich.

Good atmosphere, clean, 3,90 breakfast really good, nice bar, easy to make friends. A

I absolutely loved this hostel, I was on a week trip around Germany because I had off of school and this was by far the best hostel. I loved that each locker had it's individual key and the hammocks downstairs were a great touch and fun place to relax.

• 9th Nov 2014

As the other comments say this was best hostel I've ever stayed. Security on a highest level, great location- just next to the main train station, staff is helpfull (they can help you in almost everuthing), best atmosphere (big common room and bar), very clean. I have found only two drawbacks: it is funny but I don't know why there is hot water in showers but in the taps (every tap) there is cold water only, second thing is bathroom togheter with toilet in 10- bed room= queue.

Great hostel, good vibe, very friendly, social/drinking aspect if you want it but you can also just go to bed if you are tired, and very good value for money.

• 8th Nov 2014

I can't think of a single bad thing about this place!!! Super friendly staff, very clean rooms with a bathroom in them and a really fun bar. I will definitely be back there the next time I'm in Munich.

• 8th Nov 2014

The best hostel to stay if you are in München!!

Staying at wombats was awesome, defenitly doing that again!

• Iceland