Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

11992 Total Reviews

Great hostel with fun and friendly staff, big bar and lounge area which is great to meet other travelers. The rooms are very nice and the location is perfect, just around the corner from the main train station. Overall a great hostel and well worth a stay!

• 28th Mar 2014

No recycling in the rooms or communal areas? Isn't this Germany??

Hi there! We hates recycling, doesn't we, precious? Gollum! - We can't wait until our planet looks like the machine world in the Matrix. This will be frrreaking awesome! ... :) Just joking. We're actually working on our greens plans. The thing is...if you try to separate waste in a house with 300 people it is ... logistically demanding I'd say. But we're looking for a solution already. Thanks for your consideration! Thumbs up. Stay safe & happy travels!

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. Young atmosphere, the staff is incredibly freindly, and lets you leave your luggage there for free. The location is absolutely convenient and the rooms are super cheap and clean, due to a wonderful system. They also have a cheap bar, and during their Happy Hour is a good place to meet and plan out the rest of the day. Wifi speed isn't so great because there are a ton of people using it, but it works everywhere.

Best place to stay in Munich!!!!

Perhaps better storage facilities in the luggage room. My backpack was ripped and I had to carry a ripped bag through the station, into Austria and waste time trying to find another one. Perhaps if people paid for lockers or to use the facility they would take better care of other people's property. Other than this, I found the hostel nice. Staff were fantastic and knowledgeable.

An excellent hostel! I had stayed before in 2012 and again now in march 2014.

Hi guys, i had a great stay with you recently. Only comments I have are re security: i met 3 people in the hostel bar who weren't actually staying at the hostel so not sure how they got in?? They weren't causing trouble but i didn't think the bar was open to the public as you have to use your swipe card to get in... My only other comment was that it was a bit more expensive than other hostels, but good facilities so that makes up for it I guess. All round very good though!

• 25th Mar 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your concerns. You're perfectly right, our bar is only for our guests. But exceptions prove the rule. ;) We do have a few outsiders e.g. regulars, ex-staff, friends of staff, co-workers from other hostels. We've known them for years so they're mostly harmless. Otherwise they have to do a face check with reception.... or dance like a three-headed monkey. :) Just kidding, you know what I mean. Happy travels!

deposit charge $10 but return only $5 .

• 25th Mar 2014

Hey there! Thanks very much for your comment. As a rule, we always take a € 5.- deposit for the room key if you can`t provide us with a suitable picture ID. Of course it can be that you don`t have a fiver with you and you don`t care that much so we take the 10.- instead. AND it might be the case we hand back only € 5.- out of habit. (Which is fairly improbable because we use to put exactly the note into the shelf you give to us.) But IF it happens please let us know so we can fix that. Bye!

The location is perfect and the stuff at the counter friendly and helpful. There is also a nice 'free' city tour at 10.45 am starting from the hostel and you can leave your luggage in a store room.

Hi there! Thanks very much for letting us know! Of course there are many bloodthirsty buggers out there but bed bugs normally leave an itching "street" of dots, like a pointed line. No hotel or hostel is 100% safe no matter how sterile the place is. If you ever suffer from those bastards please let us know immediately! Even if it's only you. We have to check and eventually treat the room accordingly. - Kill them! Kill them all!! Gollum! - I'm sorry. Thanks again. Have a great time!

I really loved to stay at Wombats. It was very clean and most of all, I think the buffet-style breakfast was the best of all others at a reasonable price.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Room was clean and big.

I was a hotel kinda guy, in my midfourties this makes sense too, but after my stay in Wombats i am a Wombeliever. Will be there soon again andi strongly suggest it to everyone. On the plus side the staff is extrahelpfull, from the reception to the dark lady that helps with cleanliness. They all seem to love their job and the customers. perfect. Location wise it could not be better, across the main RR station, 5 minutes walk from the old city, with a big super market just down the street etc.

• 24th Mar 2014

Then we saw his face! Now he's a believer!! ... :) Glad, you liked it here. Always know where your towel is.

The Hostel is great! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I already stayed a few times at this hostel and there were no problems. The atmosphere in the common room and the bar is relaxed and you get to know other travelers easily. The bedsheets and towels are free, also the locker. The locker is closed with your key card. There ist always a bathroom in your dorm which is a little minus. If share the room with a lot of people you have to wait until everyone finished.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Liked the place. If you are looking for a good time you will find lots of people to party.

improve the map of the city and widen the choice of dishes at the wombats bar

Tell us about it. :) But thanks for the tipp! Actually there's a new - and far better - edition in the making already. But we have to get rid of the old ones before just to not laugh nature in the face. ;) Stay safe & happy travels!

Muito bom!! Quarto grande, amplo e mto limpo! Ótima localização! Com luz, prateleira e tomada particular em cada cama! Fiquei so uma noite e não deu nm tmpo de tomar café da amanha, mas recomendo mto esse hostel! O melhor que já fiquei!

The staff are lovely and really helpful. The facilities are nice and the breakfast is well worth the money if you're a breakfast eater. The only odd thing was that people from the street snuck into the bar, which was a little uncomfortable from time to time. Other than that it was a really nice hostel.

Loved everything about this hostel. Great atmosphere and fun bar to meet people, good location near everything you want to see, friendly and helpful staff, nice clean rooms. Had a great time and will definitely be back.

For sure the best hostel I ever stayed, great staff, great facilities, awesome location, fantastic bar, totally recommendable!

Great hostel and location. Helpful staff. Wi-fi was a bit intermittent sometimes but it did the job. Good crowd of different travellers. Would use again for my next visit.