Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

nothing to complain about ;)

• 6th Mar 2015

One of the nicer hostels I've stayed at. Fun atmosphere for meeting people

I cannot fault Wombars Hostel. 16 of us recently stayed here and everyone commented what a great place it was. Staff were fantastic and location spot on. If we didn't want to see the rest of munich we could easily have spent all our time in the great bar on site.

Could be cheaper :)

Always... ;) Thanks very much for your rating and have a great time onwards!

Overall, it was alright. The location, facilities, big lockers... but nothing exceptional. The wifi connection wasnt so great in the room and the bartenders were that willing to serve the free welcome drinks. Pricewise, it is just an average hostel and I felt it is a bit overated. I have stayed here and Euro Youth Hostel and in comparison, the bed is much more comfy here but it was 6 euros more expensive for the same type of room. Both are okay and located on the same street.

Great, modern and fun hostel. Lots of space and great facilities. Though tip for girls traveling alone maybe around the time of any FC Bayern matches, don't stay in a mixed dorm in case you're unlucky like me and get woken up for over an hour by a group of drunk young bayern supporters at 4am

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

a very noisy location, no sound isolation from local all night hollers in the street

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Would recommend

I can't use wifi in your hostel

really the only thing to complain about was the shower. within a few seconds you were standing in water up to your ankles because the water did not flow off quickly enough. everything else was pure enjoyment in this hostel, during the next stay in munich i will certainly come back.

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much your rating and the good words! :) Our janitors will deal with the shower Situation instantly. You're most welcome back anytime! Stay safe & happy travels!

Great hostel in Munich. Easy to find with helpful staff that went the extra mile to help me out when I arrived. Very welcoming and clean facilities. And the room was good to. First hostel I've ever stayed in that had a table in the room. Great touch! Really really enjoyed my stay here and the staff on the bar were great for helping me improve my German skills! Highly recommended!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

It was nice stay at Munich. Actually, I had a terrible experience while I was staying. One US guy was kidding on me when I was sleeping. However, at the time I went down to reception, the staff was very kind and tried to compensate about it. :)

The worst wifi internet in the world! It's hard when you depend on that to plan the next steps of your trip. Awful. Great common area, delicious breakfast.

I very much enjoyed staying at the Wombats City Hostel. It had a very inviting, clean, and refreshing atmosphere. In addition, everyone gets a free drink at the bar which makes for a very social atmosphere and we had fun visiting with other guests, there was even live music the night we were there. I felt very safe and the location was really great as it was right next to the train station. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• 28th Feb 2015

Such a nice hostel! Great atmosphere! Super clean and very nice! Definitely skip the continental breakfast that's definitely not worth 4.50€ but other than that I loved my stay and everything about this place!

• 28th Feb 2015

The WIFI here is the worst I have ever had at any hostel. Other than that, everything is great!

Friendly staff. Centre location. Free drink when we arrived. Nothing to complain about. Would stay again.

One of the best hostel I've stayed at. Airy and large rooms, very nice common areas, terrific location, good facilities; I would definitely go back there again.

Everything is good expect the wifi does not work properly.

The set up for this hostel caters to travelers very well. Although check out is 10am they don't mind if you hang out in the common area all day. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is welcoming. The hostel bar is an easy way to meet other people. Recommend staying here, especially as a single traveler!