Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

We enjoyed staying at this hostel and would stay again. The room (we had a private room with own bathroom) was clean and comfortable. The private balcony was spacious and nice to sit in. The continental breakfast (optional for a fee) was a great value. My only complaint was that, on the first night, we were not able to take shower in our room due to very low water pressure. We had to use a shower on another floor. It was fixed the next day after reporting it to the front desk twice.

• Japan

Very clean and comfortable. It is located near central station, and easy to find. Close to Marien platz so good for sightseeing.

• South Korea

I think Wombats City Hostel Munich is a great place to stay while visiting Münich. I have never been in such a nice hostel before!

• Argentina

Checking into Wombats made me wish I was spending more than 12 hours at the place. It was fun and youthful and everything I want a hostel to be. After ditching my pack in my room, I wandered back downstairs where a decent party was going on at the bar (which had the most eclectic music ever for a bar. Dolly Parton and Mulan soundtrack were featured). But after finishing my free beer, I was able to go back to my room and barely hear the party at all. I felt very safe as a lone, female traveler.

I am very satisfied with my stay in this hostel - location is super convenient, staff very efficient and friendly. Room is clean and spacious. I don't recall if they have a kitchen since I was not in need of using a kitchen. I was a bit uncomfortable when they asked an ID as deposit for the key - I would be more comfortable if they just asked for a monetary deposit.

Wombats in Munich is a must for any traveller. The staff are super-friendly and helpful, THE BAR is fantastic! We met a few lifelong friends in there. The only downside to this hostel is that there are no guest kitchens. However, I believe this has more to do with Munich than it does with Wombats. But food is pretty cheap anyway. GO GET A PRETZEL!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Perfect hostel

Great hostel, good location. Free welcome drink at the hostel bar. Nice and spacious rooms, clean bathroom. Great wifi, also in the rooms.

I stayed in 8 bed dorm. Nice room with light and outlet per each bed, clean and hot shower in the room, helpful staff, excellent bar with pool and winter yard with hammocks, nice location - center is 20 min by foot. The only thing I didn't like was PURE INTERNET everywhere - in rooms and in lobby. Next day my roommate said Internet became faster when everyone left, but many of us has no chance to check it... Anyway, this hostel looks the best in Munich, as for me, and I would stay here again

First of all the room I stayed in was massive compared to most 6 ned dorms! Everything was very clean, the bar was really good and the staff were brilliant. Can't think of a bad thing about it!

the hostel location and facility is great. However the staff does not gice much attention to the ppl staying, it was quite cold. I feel like I was brothering them when I ask them questions.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating. Sometimes it can get so busy at reception that there is simply not enough time to linger more with every guest. Which would be desirable of course. But please don't blame them because I am sure that they do whatever they can out there. :) But we'll tell them to try be more accomodating whenever possible. Sweet redundance... ;) Stay safe & happy travels!

Super location! Large hostel, so harder to get to know people....highly recommend though.

Amazing hostel! Great staff made everything very easy. They even arranged a free beer tour which took us to different beer gardens in Munich each with their own specialty beer! The bar and common room are great places to meet other travelers! Rooms very specious with en suite! Each bed had its own socket and lamp which is always useful when you want to charge a phone over night! Great location very near to the train station and not too far away from the center of town!

Great place in many ways....friendly and warm staff. Super location and facilities! The only issue Was inconsistent wifi. Highly recommended!

Thank for you help! Great hostel, i' happy

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Russia

The staff were friendly but failed to resolve an incident when a chap returned late in the morning to find someone else in his bed. There followed an hour of shouting and although a member of staff came up he didn't do anything and soon left. Not good enough.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments. Unfortunately I cannot go into detail because I don't have enough info about your incident. In general you are totally right of course. Our staff normally acts accordingly so I don't know what went wrong there. We will definitely have a look into that and advise our nighties. I'm very sorry about that! Anyway, have a great time onwards!

Great hostel!

Great location, clean and the bar in the hostel allows solo travellers to meet others very easily. Cannot fault this hostel.

Overall awesome hostel! Spacious rooms, great WiFi, hot showers and very social atmosphere! Close to pretty well everything within walking distance. Has great tours! I'd stay there again!

The Wombats map that is given to each guest is really helpful.

• 10th Sep 2014