Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Overall Very good experience staying here. Breakfast excellent value. I went on 2 of the tours with guides which met at the hostel both excellent

Best Hostel I have been

• 13th May 2015

As someone who had never stayed in a hostel until about 3 months ago, I am a complete snob when it comes to choosing places to stay. I was only staying in Munich for one night and didn't want to spend a lot, which is the reason I chose Wombats City. But, I was completely surprised to find that this was not only one of the cheapest hostels I've stayed in, but also one of the nicest. Though it doesn't have the feel of a bed and breakfast as some hostels do, WCH was so clean and had a great air.

• 12th May 2015

good location, good bar, would stay here again

I stayed here with a group of 5 girls and we felt perfectly safe! We needed an extra night when we checked in and the staff was very helpful and quickly found us an extra room. The bar and lounge area are really fun as well. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 12th May 2015

Great location. Easy to get to from the train station or bus station. The walking tour was great and I would recommend it to anyone staying at the hostel! Only negative was there wasn't many night time events...I actually ended up going to a night event through a different hostel. Beds are clean and felt completely safe in the hostel.

Very pleased with this hostel. The location wasn't pretty, but it was very conveniently situated close to the main train station. The room was nicely decorated, the bed was good, and the ensuite was cleaned well everyday. My friend and I didn't use the hostel bar, but it looked like a nice bar. The communal areas were spacious and had a great atmosphere about them. Next time I'm in Munich, I'll stay here again.

The room was surprisingly good and tidy. I like the table provided in the 6 bed dorm.

• 10th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Not the nicest part of town, with brothels and strip clubs, but centrally located.

Excellent hostel! So look no further for accommodation in Munich!

This Hostel had a perfect atmosphere. Right when you walk in the decorations and furniture are very comfortable and modern. The one room in the lobby has a ceiling of just sky lights, bean bag chairs, couches and even hammocks. The room was very spacious and the breakfast was a good price for what you got. Only downside was having 1 shower in our 8 person room and no community shower on the floor. Location was right near the train station and a walking tour left from the lobby. Would stay again!

Hello and thank you for your comment. Actually we do have two separate extra showers. Next time just ask for the key at reception. All the best from Munich.

Great place to stay. Definitely an easy walk from the main station (which makes getting to/from the airport easy as well). Friendly helpful staff, big lockers in each room, great breakfast, tidy and clean - would stay here again every time.

My first European hostel and I was very clean. Staff was extremely helpful when I needed train information. The hostel was literally across the street from the train station. easy to find after you climb over and around the construction.

I like the locker!!!

Well, that is just lovely. ... They are great, aren't they? And so yellow. Or rather orangish you know with that subtle twitch into the red spectrum. Like a declining, melancholic sunset somewhere in South East Asia... Anything else? You liked... maybe? - :) I am very sorry, I'm not making fun of you. Really, I just loved your comment. :) Thanks very much and happy travels!

I think Wombats City Hostel Munich is a good choice for everybody, who want a good stay and fun. Location is really excellent, just a cross the street from Hauptbahnhof. The staff is nice and helpful if you need anything. Most of all I like the private bathroom in the room. But there is just one thing i didn't like it so much and that was a bar downstairs. Wombats suposed to be a party hostel, but the bar had closed at 1.am on Friday night - party hostels usually don't do that.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Normally our bar is open until 2am. (We're not allowed to open longer.) We'll talk to our bar staff about this. If the bar is dead (which can even happen to a party hostel on a day of exhausted weakness :) then it's no use standing behind the taps and contemplating about the doubtful serenity of empty bar stools but this happens very rarely really. Always know where your towel is!

Very cool staff, nice rooms, great little hangout area

• 7th May 2015

Great Hostel, good breakfast, lots of room. I would stay again.

wombats is top notch, I had a great time at the bar downstairs. The only thing that sucked was not being able to book for more than a night.

Stayed at the Wombats in Vienna and absolutely loved it. I had a similar experience in Munich too. Great people, lovely staff, and a clean/relaxed environment. No problems whatsoever! They offer a free walking tour (min. 6 people), and the only day I had to do the tour 4 people showed up. The group of us convinced the guide to still show us around, and I'm SO glad he did. Will definitely recommend!

I've stayed here a couple times and it's been great! Staff is awesome and the atmosphere is perfect for all types of travellers!