Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

One of the staffs wasn't that polite

• 18th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The location was incredible and the staff was awesome helping me navigate Munich including translating and giving me directions. The community areas are a great environment for hanging out and meeting other people to go explore with. Would highly recommend this spot!

Everything about the hostel was great except when it came to my room. The bedsheets provided were all sealed and appeared very hygienic but upon the 2nd day sleeping there my body was covered in bed bug bites - so maybe a fumigation of the bed is in order. Other than that a window in the room was out of order and was locked in the open position - seemed alright due to the cool breeze coming through but at 3am in the morning the delivery and garbage trucks made sleeping hell due to loud noises

• 17th Aug 2015

Friendly staff and a good bar! The room we got was a 6 person room and it was quite nice. The only downside was that the bathroom is apparently not cleaned every day, and trust me, it should. The bathroom was quite disgusting by the end.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Actually, the bathroom should be cleaned every day! I'm very sorry if this wasn't the case. We'll talk to our housekeeping about this. Anyway, I hope you have a great time onwards! :)

Rooms and staff were great!!!

• 17th Aug 2015

Great atmosphere and staff! I felt very secure and welcome at this hostel. Provided plenty of things to do!

• 17th Aug 2015

Dorm door was broken and so was my locker, however they repaired the locker but the door was not able to be fixed in the time I was staying there.

Hi there! Thanks very much for the comment! I'm very sorry we couldn't fix the door while you were here but in the meantime we succeeded! :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Womats was awesome.. if you are trying to stay in a quiet place with no community and not a lot of party people... this is not for you. This hostel is so fun and wild if thats what you are looking for. Good drinks, good people, and great atmosphere. The conservatory is my favorite part.

• 16th Aug 2015

Centrally located, well secured and the bar is for residents so great place to meet other travellers.

Good, clean and secure hostel. Lockers and free wifi are an added bonus. The facilities are very good with a bar, chill out area, pool table and the location is fab to explore Munich.

Stayed in 3 wombats hostels around Europe and you can't go wrong! Very high standard. Loved my stay here. Great location in Munich. You pay a bit more than other hostels but it's worth it

Everything was great, really lovely staff, awesome bar, great rooms. Only let down was the awful wifi - even in the reception area.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We're still in negotiations with potential new providers which is kind of tedious and believe me, we want to have things sorted rather yesterday. Also, we're in contact with our current provider (again) on how to improve the situation which is even more tedious. As an emergency solution we now opened our surf stations for FREE usage if you need to organize things and the wifi again cracks down. Keep fingers crossed and hope, hope, hope. All the best!

The Internet is very slow, often drops the connection.

Hi there! I'm very sorry that you (also) suffered using our wifi. We're still in discussions with a new provider, unfortunately something like that takes time. But if you need to organize something online we now opened our surf stations in the lobby for FREE usage so check them out. :) Take it easy!

Very good Wombats hostel, it does what is says on the tin. The location is excellent, the staff are helpful and friendly and the free welcome drink is much appreciated. The bar also makes it easy to meet fellow travellers and the common areas are suitable. However, I must add that the WIFI was terrible when I was there.

Excellent hostel with a great atmosphere.

Amazing hostel, clean and secure. I was only there one night and the bar was full up until late, but wasn't loud enough to keep me awake when I left for bed (my room was on top of the bar).

Can't argue with the Wombat. Amazing location right next to the train station- excellent, cheap in house bar. Clean beds and showers, tons of things to do and a very cool social area. Top class!

INCREDIBLE HOSTEL! So clean and fun and modern- ensuite toilet :D Staff so friendly and helpful and the bar was buzzing and great fun in the evening - cheap cocktails and live music! The outside covered garden are was so chilled to han out in a hammock! So close to the bus and train station and 5 min walk into town. Such great value for money! I would go back here over any hotel! Everybody should go :D

Clean, safe, right next to central metro station

• 11th Aug 2015

Need better fans, very warm in the rooms.

Hi there! Thanks very much for letting us know! We're already under way of changing old and weak fans for new ones. I'm very sorry that yours was still defective but at least now we know. :) Always know where your towel is!