Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Overall, Wombats was one of the best hostel experiences I have had. Clean facilities and people there were friendly. However, I was there in July during a heat wave and my room did not have AC. It was very difficult to sleep that night. Wi-Fi was also very slow.

Hard to believe in this day and age a hostel without internet. It had wifi, but it was so slow that nobody could load even a single internet page. Only one computer downstairs in the lobby for use and it was pay-to-use. It was unbelievably frustrating because I really needed to load/print some documents for the next day.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks for your rating! I'm very sorry about the ongoing wifi problems. I can assure you that we're on it. If you really need to get something done and it won't work feel free to ask at reception if they can help you out on their computers. Have a great time onwards!

The location is a little less than what you desire for when you think of crowds, but the location relative to tourist attractions is amazing . Just a short walk aways!

• 18th Jul 2015

The staff was exceptionally friendly and the hostel was very clean. The atrium is a very cool chill-out space.

Arrived super early and were greeted by the lovely staff. We were allowed to leave our bags and chill until check in. Wifi was decent enough. Great location very close to the centre. Awesome facilities, nice garden type area and great bar for meeting people, cheap drinks and food. Very secure rooms and lockers provided. Clean linens for beds. Overall great atmosphere and vibes!

Great hostel with a great bar! The bedrooms look exactly like they did in the pictures which shocked me because I haven't had that happen in some of the hostels I've stayed at, and large area to hangout besides the bar. It's also literally a 2 minute walk from the train station which was pretty awesome. My only complaint would be that the wifi isn't the best and I could barely connect. But besides that, great hostel!

Hi there! Ah don't worry. Our rooms are crap. It's just that your perception shut down emergency-wise. ;) I'll pass the word to the cleaners. Thanks very much for your kind words! Have a great time onwards!

Really nice time here - the staff were helpful and the facilities were great!

This is a well staffed and sociable hostel in Munich centre. There are small annoyances, however, such as having to pay a ridiculous deposit to use to pool table (which is often an easy way to socialise, and they are limiting it). Overall I do recommend. There breakfast is probably work getting as well, and you can likely sneak out some bananas or rolls.

Staffs were so kind and they showed their eagerness of understanding customers' culture

• 16th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Second time at this hostel and it was again a great experience.

Really good stay at this hostel- common room for lounging, clean rooms and bathrooms, and friendly staff. Breakfast is offered for 4 euro and was a good deal. Only major problem was the wifi which barely worked the entire time we were there, and it seemed to be the same for everyone else.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! Unfortunately the situation with the wifi will still take some since we're in discussions with a new provider. I'm very sorry about that and beg you guys to be a bit more patient. Happy travels onwards!

Very close to the train station which is perfect. Short walk to city centre. Good atmosphere. Found the rooms to be like a sauna found it hard to sleep as the stand up air con that is supplied doesn't cool the room.

• 15th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Sauna is healthy. :) Haha. Sorry. No, we've actually just ordered new fans since our old ones are dying somewhat. Still, if it's like Oman in there please feel free to ask for a second fan at reception. As long as there are some left they'll be happy to help you out.

It was the easiest hostel to arrive, it is really near to the train station. And it is really easy to go to the main attractions of the city. It was my second time in this hostel and I still recommend, the bedroom is great, they have a nice bar to just warm up before going out. The only thing that could change is put separately the shower and the bathroom, it gets really difficult in the mornings when everyone needs to use the bathroom and others want to take a shower

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Unfortunately we cannot change the layout of the rooms because that would mean tearing everything apart and restructure the whole room setup. Such a thing will not happen unfortunately because....No. :) But what you can do during rushower (what a play of words!!! ;) in the morning is to grab a key for the communal showers (2nd floor) or use the open toilets (bar, 1st & 3rd floor). Stay safe & happy travels!

I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Very good atmosphere.

Great hostel, modern and clean. The staff was always happy to help and cheerful. The only bad thing is the location. It is indeed near both the station and the city center, but I wouldn't really reccomend staying near the hostel at night, because of the people living on the surroundings.

• 15th Jul 2015

Only issue: no AC! But otherwise a really great hostel.

Things disliked: 1. Staff "needs" to hold on to some form of identification like passport or drivers license/I.D to give you the room key until your check out. 2. Staff didn't make an effort to explain anything about their bar hours, breakfast hours and costs. 3. Staff didn't bother to show me where my room was and the linens not already provided on the bed, I had to get them prepackaged downstairs 4.cleanig was not up to par, bunk bed frames were filthy with brown dirt. Bar was cool/cheap!

1. Thanks very much for your rating. 2. Yes, unfortunately we "need" to hold on to an ID because out of experience much less keys will get lost which would be an unnessecary waste money and resources AND would pose a certain security leak. 3. I'm very sorry that our staff didn't explain things to you. We will instruct them immediately. 4. Making your own bed is part of the Hostel deal still. 5. We'll also talk to our cleaners about the dirt on the bed. 6. Stay safe! 7. Keep smiling.

Staff is incredibly unresponsive to emails.

Hi there! The only e-mail from you I found came in yesterday. I will answer it today. Well... I will leave it like that for peoples' consideration... Unfortunately our wormholes are broken but our janitors are already "into" it. As soon as they rematerialize unharmed we will pick up speed promise. - I'm very sorry, I'm really not making fun of you I just had to go for that one. Because I love wormholes. But that is a whole different matter. Come on! Happy travels!

Wish there had been more evening activities organized by the hostel for guests to meet one another. Also, would have loved a free breakfast for the money. the locale was great and staff very friendly.

Hi there! Thanks very much for comments! - But we will refuse to play games like catch the ball. No! I'd rather quit. ;) Just joking, mate. We'll think about something cool and anti-hip. If we include the breakfast in the rate we'd need to raise bed prices. Budget's pretty tight in that respect unfortunately. So we figure it's more fair to leave it open for people to decide if they want it or no. Sorry about that! Always know where your towel is!

The staff are very nice, but the hostel's location next to the central train station meant it was loud late into the night (past 3am it was still very loud). In addition, at least for the summer, a fan would be helpful (even with the windows open the room was disgustingly warm).

• 12th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! Normally there should be fans in every room. If it is not enough you can also ask for a second one at reception. Anyway, we will go through every room (again) and check the situation. Stay safe & happy travels!