Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

As always the wombats chain of hostels is great. The staff at the munich hostel though were not overly helpful - when we asked any questions we were just handed a pamphlet sheet with information. But as always the hostel was really nice.

This place is awesome

God breakfast. Good locaton. Helpful staff. Clean communal areas

Wifi could be a little bit better.

I enjoyed my stay at Wombats. I had stayed there previously during my visit to Munich and enjoyed my 2nd stay just as much. I was thrown off by the fact that in an email confirmation i received it said that I owed 30.60 USD however when I went to go pay for my stay at the hostel they charged me 35.00 EVEN though I was able to show them the email I received that my remainder balance was 30.60.

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! I just checked your booking in our system and it says that we charged you EUR 25.52 (almost USD 35). Which is correct: 1 bed in a 6er is € 29.-, where you slept. You paid 12% as a deposit: 3.48 which leaves 25.52. I also checked the confirmation where it states exactly the same numbers. Since the e-mail confirmations are computer generated I`m not sure where the mistake happened. Anyway, feel free to send us a copy of that to be 100% sure. Thanks!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Went for the World Cup final in Munich, had a fantastic room, guys at reception recommended us an incredible beer garden to watch the game. also, their happy hour is very very well priced for Munich!

The location of the hostel is perfect for sightseeing Munich, but the neighborhood it is not so good. It is a strange place with strange people around.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Hi there! Thanks very much your comments! Well, you really have to like main station areas, that is true. Though the area seems kinda dodgy I can assure you that it ain't. Munich is one of the safest cities in Germany, even in our quarter... especially in our quarter. ;) You're more likely to get harrassed by police when crossing red lights on foot than being robbed or anything. That a fact. :) Always know where your towel is!

Great hostel in a great location! Right outside the train station, and everything is within walking distance (or just take a tram). The common area was a conservatory that had an outside feel but with a glass roof (very cool!). Wifi was not too great but worked in rooms most of the time. Generally clean. Has a bar and offers beer garden tours some nights. Beds were comfortable enough and they provided sheets!

• 11th Jul 2014

Wombats is incredibly close to the train station making it very easy for backpackers to come and go. The hostel was clean and tidy at all times, lockers in rooms are large enough and accessed by room cards (instead of bringing your own lock). The facilities are quite old, the hostel itself isn't very modern but it is very accessible to supermarkets, banks and the old part of town. Breakfast was reasonable for the additional price.

No kitchen facilities for DIY. My bed was not cleaned prior to my arrival.

Would recommend to anyone. Terrific location just near the station. Fun and vibrant place with comfortable bed, lockers in rooms and power points at the bed heads. Great place!

Friendly staff. Delicious breakfast (unfortunately not included in price). I felt it was a bit expensive for a 6-bunk room (about $42 USD) where you had to make your own bed. The mattress was surprisingly comfortable, however! Great water pressure in the shower in the 6-bunk all-female room. Security for luggage was ok - one cloak room with people going in/out a lot, but my stuff stayed safe!

• 9th Jul 2014

Excellent!

Room key required to get into the area of the hostel that leads to rooms -- however, I watched a person from the street somehow get past this & was in the 'secured' area digging through trash cans. Very short walk from the main train station, we also walked to Marienplatz & the other 'must-see' places -- never took a train other than to/from the airport & to/from Dachau. Super friendly & helpful staff Breakfast was cheap & tasty Stayed in a double private room -- super clean, great balcony

• 7th Jul 2014

Nice, clean.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff overcharged me because one of their members was new, then they argued with us about the last bed being available when it was not (another guest already claimed it so my friend did not get to sleep and had to walk around the city all night,) and when we complained to the staff again the next morning after they asked how we enjoyed our stay, they said "oh, sorry" and did not provide any solution for our dissatisfaction. €108 later for 1 shared room and 1 private room, I won't be back.

Hi there! Well, at least according to our system we charged the correct price: 108.- - 13.08 (12% dep.) = EUR 95.92. As I get it, our newby charged only 1 person in the double at first which is which why we had to charge the 2nd person separately. But that is no overcharge, only splitted. You booked for 3 people and again, as it SEEMS, 3 did check in and out. If there was a 4th without a booking, then we can't do anything if we're full. I'm very sorry! Feel free to contact us about this.

Nice hostel. Fairly clean, decent facilities and great area for meeting people. Only complaints were that there was no kitchen, and the wifi was terrible when the hostel was full. Also, the downstairs atrium which was advertised as being "air conditioned" was not and it was like a sauna when there were lots of people in there!!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Unfortunately we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Sorry about that! Yep, we had some problems with the air con in the wintergarden but it has been fixed by our maintenance contractor already. :) --- And don't mention the wifi. I'm numb by now. Seriously. ;) Always know where your towel is!

Stopped by this hostel for a day while traveling to Romania. It was a well-kept and up-to-date place to stay. I enjoyed their chill out common area to rest and charge your electronic devices. They also had world cup games on late night which was cool returning to that. I met some interesting characters and had a great time.

• 5th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! I'm glad you liked it here. Say hello to Transsylvania for me! Make sure you visit Sigishoara: beautiful place and one (of the many) which claim to host Dracula's castle. ;) Have fun in Eastern Europe!

Good location, Very clean

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Wonbats Hostel has a great location (only few meters from Hbf Munich). Staff is very helpful (just one of the guys from the reception could be more friendly), chill out and bar area are very good! Although you have to pay for the breakfast (but it is only 3,90 euros), it is totally worth it...it is all you can eat and has a good variety of food and drinks. The only thing, I would suggest is to have more bathrooms out of the rooms.