Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

This was a wonderful hostel. I stayed in the 6 person female room and it was clean and well equipped . The breakfast was worth it. Lots of options and tasty.

This was a great hostel with a very social atmosphere. The only downside was one bathroom (toilet and shower in the same room) for 6 people.

• 4th Dec 2014

Excellent bar. Large dorms are spaced out so as to be quite private. Very good hostel, recommended for young people who want to party

I do not understand why this hostel is rated so well, out of at least 50 hostels I've stayed in, it was one I liked least. The wifi is totally nonfunctional. I understand not having it in the rooms, but there is no common area where it works and the staff does not care. A "private bathroom" in a dorm is a joke. It means you never are able to enter the bathroom. There is no separate basin in the rooms and no communal toilets in the halls, except for one set by the bar. impersonal atmosphere

Hi there! I'm very sorry that you didn't like it here. The wifi situation is not "the best" I admit, but our technicians are on it. Constantly. To say our staff would "not care" goes a bit far I think but I understand your frustration. No wifi surpasses the great famines of mankind it seems. ;) Anyway, reception are no technicians so they can't simply do anything about it. Also, we DO have additional bathrooms on the 1st and 2nd floor. Ask for the keys at reception. :) Just so. Happy travels!

Wombats is always a great place to stay.

In general, the hostel was OK, but: Arrived and my room was filthy, dirty bedsheets hadn't been removed. Very dark, gloomy interior to the hostel. Some rooms were directly above the bar, and you can hear the music playing quite loudly until late hours of the night. Hostel staff seemed unsure about whether the room would be cleaned on my second day (it turned out that it would be, but only around 2pm, which was a nuisance since the other guests had tracked mud all over the room).

• 3rd Dec 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments. Our rooms are cleaned every day in general. I don't know what went wrong in your case but we'll have a look into that. We'll also talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Happy travels!

Fantastic hostel, so easy to meet people and everything is lovely and clean. Breakfast is worth the 3,90 euro and the location is a short walk from the town centre. Staff are super friendly and the 1 euro happy hour beers were a great result!

Great hostel, very clean, lovely staff :)

• 1st Dec 2014

The reception area looks not nice but the breakfast room and the common room are really nice. Staff at the reception was not so friendly but ok. Breakfast looked really good event though I dindt taste it. 6bed female dorm is nice and big enough,. Bed is confortable and there's a big locker with room card. The small bath room in the dorm was clean but smelled bad. Very good location.

Only stayed for one night, but had a great experience. Friendly staff, working wifi, great bar and atmosphere, and very close to train station and town square.

My friend and I booked beds in a 6er room and we had two friendly roommates. The rooms were clean and the overall atmosphere of the hostel was friendly and warm.

• 29th Nov 2014

Great place to stay in Munich. The location is perfect. Close to the main train station and to the city center.

I wouldn't stay here again, to be honest. If you stay at Wombats, definitely stay at the one in Berlin. It is way better. There were times when I needed to use the Wi-Fi here and couldn't because nothing would load. The staff was not helpful in this matter. The food at the bar is terrible. My pizza was disgusting and cost 6.50. And I got food poisoning from it. There is also no kitchen to cook your own food. Yeah, wouldn't stay here again.

Heya! And you still rate us 89%?! Wow... :) Just kidding. I'm very sorry that your time here was not too great. Well, the staff can't really do anything about that since they're not technicians. But the ones in charge are on it, don't worry. Unfortunately we're not allowed to have a guest kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Stay safe!

A large hostel with a lively atmosphere, our 8 bed dorm was a bit noisy at times and sharing one bathroom was a bit problematic but the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet has a wide variety and bar has events on every night. Location was a bit unfavourable in the red light district and girls may feel uneasy at times but it is conveniently close to the train station and trams. Overall a fun place to stay for a good price.

I will be back! Best hostile experience ever - nice location, great staff, lovely place.

My stay here was amazing from start to finish. Although I arrived early Pia was helpful in checking me in and storing my bags and later when I had to depart for a late flight all staff helped me again to store my things and let me hang around the common area. The room was well lit and ventilated and had two heaters for the cold nights. The room and en-suite was cleaned thoroughly every day! The buffet breakfast was incredible value! I am going to return here soon.

• 28th Nov 2014

Super amazing Hostel!!! Great breakfast (€3.80), bar, atmosphere, super relaxing and chill area. Our room for 6 was perfect and had its own bathroom!! Literally the ONLY thing I had a problem with was the wifi, which was ok in the room but I gave up on using it in the common area. Staff were helpful with computer problems!

Nice Hostel, Perfect Location in the Center!

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

I enjoyed my stay, it was comfortable and secure. The location was great; only a short walk to the marienplatz, surrounded by places to eat and obviously very close to the train station. Only inconvenience was the lack of a kitchen for personal use etc and although everything in room looked clean there was always a funky smell lingering. 1 girl complained that she'd been bitten by bed bugs (I saw no evidence on my part), staff said theyd investigate but it took 2 days for her linen to be changed

Hi from Munich! Thanks very much for your comments! I don't know what the situation was exactly but we'll check back with the people involved. We haven't had similar complaints about a funky smell but we have that on our Radar as well. Have a great time onwards!

My friend and I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. There was a ton of space in the room and the bathroom was also in the room. The hostel bar was pretty cool and they are in an amazing location! The only bad part was that their wifi was terrible! It only worked sometimes in the room and it wasn't much better in the lobby.