Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Excelent place, such in good conditions, great facilities. Best hostel i've ever been. Wifi could be improved (intermitent signal).

A 10min walk from the centre but right next to the main train station. Unfortunately no cooking facilities however the rooms were excellent - large and clean. A bar downstairs that was popular in the evenings.

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed and German bureaucracy too. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy! :)

Staff were able to help me with a urgent accommodation request. Location is fantastic, bar was great and the people I met were lovely. Will return!

• 13th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel! My boyfriend and I spent a few nights here, and right away the staff was great. They provide tours, tips and advice. As soon as we got there we were recommended with a great restaurant. The rooms are spacious and clean. The area is good - walking distance to most things and the bar inside is great. However, I found there could be a bit of a sketchy crowd at nights, and one night heard people partying outside very late. The wifi could also be improved, but overall great stay.

I was surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel. It was better than some hotels that I've stayed. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. Maybe they could change the curtains because they let a lot of light into the room. They could also forbid to take food to the rooms because people can eat smelly things and left the room smelling bad for hours.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Chile

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! We'll think about the curtains, again thanks for the hint. :) Actually we DO forbid any food in the rooms due to hygienic reasons. But some people just don't care very much. Please feel free to report to reception anytime about things like that. Always know where your towel is!

thanks for your kindness. I must remember your staff kindness. I recommend for your hostel to my friend who is Y.R.Moon. I am very convenience during your hostel. Thank you very much.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Pros: Nice breakfast, great location, nice bar. Cons: Cold shower, almost no water dropping of the shower, everyone in the bar wants to stay at the bar and no one goes out. -- For sure it's not the best option to stay in munich. -- About walking tour (if you not native english speaker you may have problems to understand that guy) -- Dachau tour - not that great for value, consider to go by itself.

Nice place. Had the feeling of a hostel chain, so you lack the "family" feel. Nice bar, and we were welcomed by a lovely, bubbly young lady which brightened our rainy day. Comfy, clean beds with an ensuite. Overall a comfortable place to rest your head.

woow, the stuff is so amazing and helpful. they printed out a document without ask for money and because i forgot my ID. they sent it to switzerland aswell without any extra cost (THANK YOU GUYS!)! its really everywhere clean! good beds, everybody has a bedlight. DREAM!

Really social Hostel, my favourite Wombats as a solo traveller! Plenty of things to do, I'd recommend the beer tour that starts in the Hostel, it's very good fun!

Stayed on the 5th floor which was a blessing and a curse. No point waiting for the slow elevator at times, so had to take a few stairs. It was nice and quiet up there though. Everything else was great.

Wonderful place to stay at in Munich!

• 10th Aug 2014

The rooms are great with there own bathroom and big windows and large size they do get a bit stuffy though even with the windows open, wifi is really bad, you have to pay to use the computers which are really slow and we were VERY DISAPPOINTED as we asked reception if we had to sign up for beer garden tour the day before

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Since the complaints about our wifi increased during the last few weeks we'll check it -again- to see if we can improve the network. We had some start up problems with our renewed beer tour and are working feverishly to iron them out. I'm very sorry about that! Anyway, I hope you'll have a great time onwards. Stay safe & happy travels!

Great hostel, with lots of people to meet and a fun atmosphere. Free beer garden tour was a highlight, and staff were helpful whenever I had a question.

Very close to everything. Clean and nice rooms

Wombats hostel Munich has pretty much everything a traveller needs: comfy beds, relatively cheap breakfast, a bar, a laundry room, helpful staff, a nice lounge for chilling out and a good chance to get to know fellow travellers. We stayed in a twin private room and it was a bit over-prized (40e/person/night) especially when you could hear the loud noise on the street through our 1st floor window (had to sleep with earplugs on). But all in all it was a hostel I could recommend.

This hostel has some really good features but also lacks a few. They don't accept credit card payments only cash. For such a big hostel I think they really need to update and allow CC payments. You can only get wifi if your literally 1 meter away from reception which is very inconvenient.

• 8th Aug 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for those tipps but actually you CAN pay with credit card (ONLY VISA or Mastercard though). Since years. There's free wifi in the whole building which can be sketchy at times of high usage but we're already trying to improve the situation. ... Are you SURE you were at wombat's? :) Just kidding. Anyway, always know where your towel is!

Wifi worked awesome, super close to everything, breakfast was decent.

All in all it is a good hostel. The lockers are great. You most definitely feel secure. The location is very good, especially if you get to the city by a bus or a train. The staff is best part of the hostel, they were extremely freindly and helpful. The receiptists make every guest feel like they are the only guest. The main problems for me were the cleanliness of the room and especially the bathroom, and that some people made a lot of noise around 2:00 am. In my first night the WiFi didn't work

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Also, we'll talk to our housekeepers and check the cleaning situation. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Good place to stay. Nice little bar, free drinks on arrival and nice spacious rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful. Perfect for a hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014