Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

really great! big rooms, clean, secure, bed was great, large space to share. although they have no kitchen and it may be more expensive if you are staying longer to eat out all the time, it was a shame I didnt have more time to stay there. breakfast for 3,90 is really good, great variaty!

The staff was super helpful, they gave really good recommendations for places to eat, and the rooms were nice and clean.

Big hostel but a nice feel to it. I love the Winter Garden with bean bags and hammocks which is in a glass roofed central courtyard. You get a free drink voucher with check in which is nice. Breakfast is 3.90 extra. Lockers in the rooms large enough to fit your backpack. 2 lifts to take you up the stairs though staying in the 10 person dorm there was an extra flight not covered by the lift. Location is excellent short walk to bus/train as well as centre of the city.

As there is only one small bathroom available inside the 6-bed dorm, maybe you can make sure to mention to the guests that there are more showers available in the hallway. We were pleased with the friendliness the staff welcomed us and thought everything was very clean. We had a very pleasant stay, thank you for that!

• 31st Mar 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! I think that would really make sense. We'll think about a solution how to make it more obvious to people that there are communal showers. Thanks again & happy travels!

The stuff in Munich is great, very attentive! Internet works perfectly! It is clean and comfortable! Excellent value for money!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Very clean and nice hostel. Would definitely go back there.

Perfect location. Next to the main train station, convenient to take the train/metro/S-bahn. A big discount supermarket is nearby. Wifi is available in the dorm and the signal is fine. A very useful map was given after check-in. Nice staff. Yes I'll recommend this hostel

Great hostel with fun and friendly staff, big bar and lounge area which is great to meet other travelers. The rooms are very nice and the location is perfect, just around the corner from the main train station. Overall a great hostel and well worth a stay!

• 28th Mar 2014

No recycling in the rooms or communal areas? Isn't this Germany??

Hi there! We hates recycling, doesn't we, precious? Gollum! - We can't wait until our planet looks like the machine world in the Matrix. This will be frrreaking awesome! ... :) Just joking. We're actually working on our greens plans. The thing is...if you try to separate waste in a house with 300 people it is ... logistically demanding I'd say. But we're looking for a solution already. Thanks for your consideration! Thumbs up. Stay safe & happy travels!

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. Young atmosphere, the staff is incredibly freindly, and lets you leave your luggage there for free. The location is absolutely convenient and the rooms are super cheap and clean, due to a wonderful system. They also have a cheap bar, and during their Happy Hour is a good place to meet and plan out the rest of the day. Wifi speed isn't so great because there are a ton of people using it, but it works everywhere.

Best place to stay in Munich!!!!

Perhaps better storage facilities in the luggage room. My backpack was ripped and I had to carry a ripped bag through the station, into Austria and waste time trying to find another one. Perhaps if people paid for lockers or to use the facility they would take better care of other people's property. Other than this, I found the hostel nice. Staff were fantastic and knowledgeable.

An excellent hostel! I had stayed before in 2012 and again now in march 2014.

Hi guys, i had a great stay with you recently. Only comments I have are re security: i met 3 people in the hostel bar who weren't actually staying at the hostel so not sure how they got in?? They weren't causing trouble but i didn't think the bar was open to the public as you have to use your swipe card to get in... My only other comment was that it was a bit more expensive than other hostels, but good facilities so that makes up for it I guess. All round very good though!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your concerns. You're perfectly right, our bar is only for our guests. But exceptions prove the rule. ;) We do have a few outsiders e.g. regulars, ex-staff, friends of staff, co-workers from other hostels. We've known them for years so they're mostly harmless. Otherwise they have to do a face check with reception.... or dance like a three-headed monkey. :) Just kidding, you know what I mean. Happy travels!

deposit charge $10 but return only $5 .

• 25th Mar 2014

Hey there! Thanks very much for your comment. As a rule, we always take a € 5.- deposit for the room key if you can`t provide us with a suitable picture ID. Of course it can be that you don`t have a fiver with you and you don`t care that much so we take the 10.- instead. AND it might be the case we hand back only € 5.- out of habit. (Which is fairly improbable because we use to put exactly the note into the shelf you give to us.) But IF it happens please let us know so we can fix that. Bye!

The location is perfect and the stuff at the counter friendly and helpful. There is also a nice 'free' city tour at 10.45 am starting from the hostel and you can leave your luggage in a store room.

Hi there! Thanks very much for letting us know! Of course there are many bloodthirsty buggers out there but bed bugs normally leave an itching "street" of dots, like a pointed line. No hotel or hostel is 100% safe no matter how sterile the place is. If you ever suffer from those bastards please let us know immediately! Even if it's only you. We have to check and eventually treat the room accordingly. - Kill them! Kill them all!! Gollum! - I'm sorry. Thanks again. Have a great time!

I really loved to stay at Wombats. It was very clean and most of all, I think the buffet-style breakfast was the best of all others at a reasonable price.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Room was clean and big.

I was a hotel kinda guy, in my midfourties this makes sense too, but after my stay in Wombats i am a Wombeliever. Will be there soon again andi strongly suggest it to everyone. On the plus side the staff is extrahelpfull, from the reception to the dark lady that helps with cleanliness. They all seem to love their job and the customers. perfect. Location wise it could not be better, across the main RR station, 5 minutes walk from the old city, with a big super market just down the street etc.

• 24th Mar 2014

Then we saw his face! Now he's a believer!! ... :) Glad, you liked it here. Always know where your towel is.

Really clean, great atmosphere, shame it doesn't have a kitchen.