Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Nice breakfast for 3.5 euros. Clean rooms, nice and clean washrooms with warm water running always! great wifi nice common area pretty decent bar good location - 10 mins walk to the station , 5 mins to the eatries good place to meet people, very helpful staff!! you guys are doing a great job! would surely recommend it!

Not the best location, yes it is extremely close to the train station, but around that area is very dirty and unkept. Had an room issue come up within our 4 days but the staff was very helpful and handled the situation perfectly, so great staff. The hostels bar was always packed and played good music, but some nights a lot of the younger travelers were really drunk (saw a lot of puke) but good stay and only issue was the dirty location

The bar is very social and a great way to meet fellow travelers.

Great location and a good price. Very social and has a great busy bar with good prices. Had a good time here. Helpful staff encountered at every instance. Would stay again.

Such a beautiful hostel - our private room was way nicer than a hotel- floor to ceiling windows and cool decor ! Wombar was fun and a great place to meet other people ! Super close to the train station and about 15 min walk from Marienplatz and Hofbräuhaus. My only complaint is the area a and surroundinh couple streets were not very nice/ didn't feel overly safe to walk around at night. However the hostel has good security so I felt safe inside.

Amazing hostel! New facilities and great vibe, great bar and chill out space. The only thing I can fault is the room I stayed in had some sewage problems with the toilet, meaning the toilet was smelling like all the sewage gas constantly to the point where the entire room at some point smelled like farts, and the toilet was unusable at times because it smelled so bad.

• 4th Sep 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for letting us know! We'll unleash our janitors right away. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Good hostel. Average part of town. No kitchen (common for Germany). Absolute bad house wifi during peak times. Staff are great, bar is awesome& security setup is tthe best. An improvement could be curtains for individual bunks in the dorms.

Hi there! Thanks heaps for your comments! Unfortunately the wifi keeps being more stubborn than a Scottish Rugby player (no offense). But we "don't give up the fight!" Curtains are a good idea, not the first time to be mentioned actually. We'll think about a practical solution. Thanks again and take it easy!

This is the third wombat's I've stayed in and although the place was nice, rooms big, good facilities in the common areas... for the price I paid I expect good wifi and a decent shower. Neither were provided here, the water pressure (room 105) and the wifi everywhere were awful. The wifi improved during quieter periods but that's not really good enough when you're paying this much! Staff were friendly, breakfast was good but expensive compared with other hostels and wombat's.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your criticism! We're constantly struggling with our wifi but it proves rather stubborn unfortunately. Seems ridiculous in these times but it's our everyday reality here. As an emergency we opened our surf stations in the lobby for free use and just cross fingers. Water pressure should be ok though. We'll tell our janitors to check it right away. Munich is considerably more expensive than other wombat's cities, especially rents. Anyway, have a great time onwards!

Excellent hostel. Beds were comfortable. Big lockers which are very secure. Ensuite was well equipped and was cleaned each day. Would recommend this hostel and stay again although the wifi was shockingly bad at times and could hear the music from the bar but other than that it as good.

It is a nice hostel, very close to the central station. They have a bar and thr bartenders are amazing. The drinks are good and you can meet people. The best part for me was the bar staff.i think her name was Nina, or Anna, very nice and they make good drinks.

Very clean hostel, excellent and friendly staff. Bar was excellent, free tour excellent, breakfast was a pleasant bonus. Will no doubt see you again the next time I am in Munich.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Excellent. :)

Located right next to the main station, very convenient. Security is top quality. We have individual key card to access the hostel and rooms. Lockers are large enough to put the whole backpack in. Staff are helpful and informative, atmosphere is awesome. The indoor garden and hostel bar are great places to hang out. Given the high living cost in Munich, this hostel is great value to money. Highly recommended!

Great atmosphere at this hostel, very helpful staff as well. The tour company comes right to reception everyday, so lots of people from wombats go on the tours making it a great way to meet people.

Highly recommend staying here. Staff members were great, the guests were cool, location was prime and the bar was best. The only criticism I have is in regards to the WiFi; simply doesn't work in periods of high demand. Otherwise, great place.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Everything was fine for our stay. although there are a few things that I like to mention. our bathroom smelled of urine all the time even after being cleaned... Oh and 1 bathroom between 6 people is no fun. the thing that annoyed me the most was that using wifi was really frustrating. Travellers are often trying to book their next bus, train, hostel or attraction tickets, and when the wifi doesn't load, it can be really stressful. I have only had this issue at Wombats vienna and Munich.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Urine? After cleaning?! Maybe they use too much concentrate. We'll check the situation right away and tell them. The wifi's still unstable unfortunately and we're pressing hard on that but for organizing important things, as you mention, we opened our surf stations in the lobby for free usage in the meantime. Go for them! :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Great staff - capable, knowledgeable and friendly. Central location; amenities and other things are on par with other highly rated hostels.

I had a great time at wombats! the place is in a bit of a dodgy area but in my only encounter with a non guest in the hostel the staff were on the case and saved me straight away. I can say the only problem was the wifi cutting in and out but this hostel is all about having fun, so fast wifi isnt needed. I would stay again!

Super nice hostel in Munich with very friendly and helpful staff! I loved the atmosphere, the cosy glass-roofed garden and the huge breakfast. It's not the cheapest place, but it's definitely worth every cent. Plus it is super nice to have a private bathroom in every room. There's also enough space in the rooms and nice wooden beds as well as tables and benches. Definitely will stay there the next time I am in Munich :)

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

I will always highly recommend a Wombats Hostel to anyone. In particular, I really enjoyed my time in Munich because this hostel is very close to the train station, and the staff is incredibly helpful when it comes to suggesting what to do for the day. The breakfast is great, and the "outdoor" area in the center of the ground floor is very relaxing. Thank you so much for the hospitality!

Great hostel with great chill out zone and hostel bar! All you could eat breakfast was cheap and plentiful great location by the main station of munich, free city map very helpful.