Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

We had a very big room, there was enough space for everything. The lockers are great as they only can be opened with your personal roomkey!! You can not hear any noise from the bar or from other rooms. Also the breakfast was good value for money. The staffs was very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Austria

One of the coolest hostels we visited. Also the bar was actually in use because it had cheap drinks unlike some others! The breakfast is basic but worth it since it'd be hard to find food in Munich for cheaper. It could have done with a kitchen and lockers that work by your own padlock not the key card, since we only got 1 card because you have to hand over ID. But otherwise, brilliant hostel!

Large party hostel. Everything good except wifi which let's it down occasionally...

A pleasant stay in general, the bar area is the only way you can meet people but was lacking in atmosphere. Got bedbugs at this hostel! Be wary and check your bedding if you plan to stay here. Other than that pretty much just like all wombats hostels, good but not amazing

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were in a 6 bed dorm and found everything clean and safe. The hostel had such a great environment and we wouldn't hesitate to return. The only thing I could fault was the wifi which was only really accessible in the common areas and really slow, but overall this didn't impact our stay negatively.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Room was great with the big balcony. Breakfast was not included but it was value for money (cheap and quite ok). I really liked the lounge area with the hammocks.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Great place and location! Super close to main train station and other major places to see. Would definitely stay there again

Only stayed the one night. Fine for a quick stop but didn't get much sleep. A lot of noise which is expected in a hostel, unfortunately the room was very stuffy and not air conditioned so the windows needed to stay open, making it noisier. Alright for the regular hostel traveller.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Also, if the room gets too hot please feel free to ask for additional fans at reception. :) I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Great hostel, but no kitchen which was disappointing. Lovely staff and the building is great but a little expensive.

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy! :)

It was great to stay here

Generally the facilities, location and staff were very nice.The street is mainly frequent by people who go out to party as there are many pubs around, and although noise levels slowly decreased after 11pm, it kept going on for a while after that time (so, think twice if your plan is to rest).

Really, really close to the train station and about a 10 minute walk to marienplatz (glockenspiel). Really easy to meet people at the hostel bar. Wifi was alright, spotty at best. Staff was super helpful. On my last day I woke up with 8 bug bites on my left hand and they gave me money to go to the pharmacy and do laundry in case they were bed bug bites. I'm honestly not 100% sure if they were bed bug bites or some other bug bite. Also offered free walking tour which was great.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! Yeah, you can never be sure about those buggers. Anyway, we thoroughly checked the room to make sure it's not infested. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Nice breakfast Clean bed Cool and cheap bar Only the Wi-Fi should be more stable

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

My friend and I stayed in the hostel for a few nights. Originally we were meant to stay for 3 nights but changed our plans, still there was no problem amending our booking via email. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It was really clean and spacious and there's a socket and reading light next to each bed plus a 6 person table bench in the room - all very convenient. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was not a banquet but still very decent and good to eat.

It was one of the most best hostels that I ever been. The atmosphere is excellent and great to meet people. The staf is always very helpfull and smiley. I really want to come back. The rooms are very good for the price !!

Amazing hostel, I can't remember too much from it which obviously means I had a great time!! Very clean, excellent room sizes. Super friendly staff who will accept a challenge on the pool table. They serve Hoffbrau = amazing

This was a great hostel. The rooms were pretty clean & the private rooms were really nice as well (we upgraded for a couple of nights from a shared room to a private room) I highly recommend taking Gordon's tour to Dachau that is offered through the hostel. It was a great tour!

a great place to stay, a nice atmosphere to get in contact with travelling people. Highly reconmended!

Improve the wi-fi!

• 19th Aug 2014

I had a great experience, during the day I spent there. I even built a friendship.

• Algeria