Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

This Hostel is amazing. The staff is always there to help you! The breakfast is one of the best. If you go to Muniche you have to stay there.

Wombats is really clean and has a great atmosphere. The breakfast is awesome and definitely worth 3.90 euro. We couldn't figure out the locks on the lockers, would be nice if staff could explain that at check in. Location is ideal for public transportation. Be careful with personal belongings in public areas- my friend's iphone 5s was stolen within 15 seconds after she accidentally left it on a couch. Wifi is pretty terrible too.

Excellent stay, would highly recommend

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Location was great - right next to the main train station. Everything was very clean, and it was nice having a bathroom right in the room itself. The only bad thing I experienced was roommates who didn't know how to be quiet when packing at 5am, but not the hostel's fault.

Hello and thank you for your nice rating. Sorry for the noisy 5am experience. Just let us know if you can not sleep because of your noisy roommates. We have a 24h reception and can help next time even at 5am... all the best from Munich and happy travels

I think it is more $$ then other hostels but I had a great time and met some really cool people, travelers and locals!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Fantastic Hostel, as all Wombats we've stayed. Congratulations.

Will stay at this hostel if I travel to Munich again :)

really great! big rooms, clean, secure, bed was great, large space to share. although they have no kitchen and it may be more expensive if you are staying longer to eat out all the time, it was a shame I didnt have more time to stay there. breakfast for 3,90 is really good, great variaty!

The staff was super helpful, they gave really good recommendations for places to eat, and the rooms were nice and clean.

Big hostel but a nice feel to it. I love the Winter Garden with bean bags and hammocks which is in a glass roofed central courtyard. You get a free drink voucher with check in which is nice. Breakfast is 3.90 extra. Lockers in the rooms large enough to fit your backpack. 2 lifts to take you up the stairs though staying in the 10 person dorm there was an extra flight not covered by the lift. Location is excellent short walk to bus/train as well as centre of the city.

As there is only one small bathroom available inside the 6-bed dorm, maybe you can make sure to mention to the guests that there are more showers available in the hallway. We were pleased with the friendliness the staff welcomed us and thought everything was very clean. We had a very pleasant stay, thank you for that!

• 31st Mar 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! I think that would really make sense. We'll think about a solution how to make it more obvious to people that there are communal showers. Thanks again & happy travels!

The stuff in Munich is great, very attentive! Internet works perfectly! It is clean and comfortable! Excellent value for money!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Very clean and nice hostel. Would definitely go back there.

Perfect location. Next to the main train station, convenient to take the train/metro/S-bahn. A big discount supermarket is nearby. Wifi is available in the dorm and the signal is fine. A very useful map was given after check-in. Nice staff. Yes I'll recommend this hostel

Great hostel with fun and friendly staff, big bar and lounge area which is great to meet other travelers. The rooms are very nice and the location is perfect, just around the corner from the main train station. Overall a great hostel and well worth a stay!

• 28th Mar 2014

No recycling in the rooms or communal areas? Isn't this Germany??

Hi there! We hates recycling, doesn't we, precious? Gollum! - We can't wait until our planet looks like the machine world in the Matrix. This will be frrreaking awesome! ... :) Just joking. We're actually working on our greens plans. The thing is...if you try to separate waste in a house with 300 people it is ... logistically demanding I'd say. But we're looking for a solution already. Thanks for your consideration! Thumbs up. Stay safe & happy travels!

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. Young atmosphere, the staff is incredibly freindly, and lets you leave your luggage there for free. The location is absolutely convenient and the rooms are super cheap and clean, due to a wonderful system. They also have a cheap bar, and during their Happy Hour is a good place to meet and plan out the rest of the day. Wifi speed isn't so great because there are a ton of people using it, but it works everywhere.

Best place to stay in Munich!!!!

Perhaps better storage facilities in the luggage room. My backpack was ripped and I had to carry a ripped bag through the station, into Austria and waste time trying to find another one. Perhaps if people paid for lockers or to use the facility they would take better care of other people's property. Other than this, I found the hostel nice. Staff were fantastic and knowledgeable.

An excellent hostel! I had stayed before in 2012 and again now in march 2014.