Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Good reception, nice atmosphere, near by the tourist sites

The rooms were very basic. The bar downstairs was great and the common area gave me a really nice vibe about the place but the rooms disappointed.

Great staff, only downside was place was being done up when we were there but nothing could be done about that!

• 16th Apr 2014

Facilities are amazing~ we will choose to stay again! Thanks

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

My stay in Wombat Munich was great...i will recommend them to those who are going to go to Munich. There is nothing bad I can say about Wombat Munich. If you also stay in the other Wombat, pls ask for the stamps in each city. Thet also give free bfast if u stay in 2 Wombat during ur trip.

It was a very nice hostel but the atmosphere is what made it one of the best I stayed in. The free drink card was a wonderful way to get people together and talking.

• 15th Apr 2014

Cool common room area with hammocks (although WiFi never seems to work there). Free drinks on arrival is a nice touch and all-you-can-eat brekky is cheap. One thing that was annoying was cleaners kept coming into the room early (9am, before checkout!) and waking people up.

Hey there! Thank you for your Mail. Sorry for the inconvenience..seems our cleaners are overmotivated. I will pass over your complain to the responsible person.

It is really close to the train station. Facilities were clean and relatively comfortable. However, for some reason the hostel was like a sauna... extremely hot everywhere even though it was around 5C outside. It is a little bit noisy because of the bar located on the 1st floor.

extra clean hostel, great frendly staff

Very good hostel. staff very kind and helpful. recommend.

good stay

• 14th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

I had such a great time at Wombats! The tours they offer are fantastic, the bar is full of fun people (and affordable beer & pizza) and the rooms were large and clean. Will Definitely book here next time I'm in Munich! Also, there is free wifi even in the rooms! I had heard it was just in the common spaces, but no, it's everywhere :)

Hi there.. :) Yesssss wifi everywhereeeee.... thanks for your nice comment. See ya soon.

Very friendly staff who were fairly helpful. I was only here for a layover of one night, but this place definitely seemed a party hostel. The bar was busy, people were partying loud, and when I got up early for my flight. But the rooms were quite clean. It seems a good hostel.

• 14th Apr 2014

Loved this hostel! Staff were nice and helpful.

Great hostel and staff!!

Had a great time at Wombats. A little hectic in the morning when I tried to check in, but that's normal. The staff was friendly and the bar downstairs was great! I definitely recommend the walking beer tour.

Only thing missing is a kitchen. Bathroom in room also had terrible smell the entire time I was there. Otherwise great stay

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed and German bureaucracy will have to burn in hell for all eternity. And beyond. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy!

I had a great time at Wombats! The room was a decent size and although the bathroom got a bit gross it was cleaned every day. Great atmosphere. I met lots of people at the bar and planned all my sightseeing with new friends. Easy to find from the train station, 2 minute walk and about 10 minute walk to the main part of the city. Definitely stay here again!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Wombat´s! Unfortunately we had just one night. Next time we´d love to stay longer!

• 12th Apr 2014