Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Good, clean and secure hostel. Lockers and free wifi are an added bonus. The facilities are very good with a bar, chill out area, pool table and the location is fab to explore Munich.

Stayed in 3 wombats hostels around Europe and you can't go wrong! Very high standard. Loved my stay here. Great location in Munich. You pay a bit more than other hostels but it's worth it

Everything was great, really lovely staff, awesome bar, great rooms. Only let down was the awful wifi - even in the reception area.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We're still in negotiations with potential new providers which is kind of tedious and believe me, we want to have things sorted rather yesterday. Also, we're in contact with our current provider (again) on how to improve the situation which is even more tedious. As an emergency solution we now opened our surf stations for FREE usage if you need to organize things and the wifi again cracks down. Keep fingers crossed and hope, hope, hope. All the best!

Very cool vibe in this particular hostel. The bar and chill out area were the best that I've seen on my travels in terms of size, colour, and atmosphere. The staff were friendly and the morning breakfast (really good value) sets you up for the day.

The Internet is very slow, often drops the connection.

Hi there! I'm very sorry that you (also) suffered using our wifi. We're still in discussions with a new provider, unfortunately something like that takes time. But if you need to organize something online we now opened our surf stations in the lobby for FREE usage so check them out. :) Take it easy!

Very good Wombats hostel, it does what is says on the tin. The location is excellent, the staff are helpful and friendly and the free welcome drink is much appreciated. The bar also makes it easy to meet fellow travellers and the common areas are suitable. However, I must add that the WIFI was terrible when I was there.

Excellent hostel with a great atmosphere.

Amazing hostel, clean and secure. I was only there one night and the bar was full up until late, but wasn't loud enough to keep me awake when I left for bed (my room was on top of the bar).

Can't argue with the Wombat. Amazing location right next to the train station- excellent, cheap in house bar. Clean beds and showers, tons of things to do and a very cool social area. Top class!

INCREDIBLE HOSTEL! So clean and fun and modern- ensuite toilet :D Staff so friendly and helpful and the bar was buzzing and great fun in the evening - cheap cocktails and live music! The outside covered garden are was so chilled to han out in a hammock! So close to the bus and train station and 5 min walk into town. Such great value for money! I would go back here over any hotel! Everybody should go :D

Clean, safe, right next to central metro station

• 11th Aug 2015

Need better fans, very warm in the rooms.

Hi there! Thanks very much for letting us know! We're already under way of changing old and weak fans for new ones. I'm very sorry that yours was still defective but at least now we know. :) Always know where your towel is!

Great common area and bar with fab atmosphere at night. However rooms were so warm that it was hard to sleep but the common area has air conditioning which is great. Bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner. Apart from that good hostel with easy walking distance to town centre and excellent security as every floor can only be accessed with a key card and the same key card is used for you locker. Big breakfast for good price was also a plus.

If you are into the partying culture this is a good place to stay. It was not exactly what we were looking for.

Very noisy, even every late at night.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Very close to the station, Kind staff and clean room.

• South Korea

Great location and lovely staff, just issues with the lockers in the rooms. Mine didn't unlock another guy we knew had his bag locked in there and had to be smashed into to get it out!! Breakfast was fine, bar was lots of fun and you're only ten minutes walk to the city centre. Would definitely reccommend!

• 9th Aug 2015

Overall great place to stay, awesome bar, cheap drinks and good atmosphere. However the wifi could not be used - they shouldn't advertise they have it, the rooms had no air conditioning and we would have to sleep with the bedroom door open to get air con from the hallway. One staff member in particular was rude and unhelpful, however the others were great.

• New Zealand

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! But - we do have wifi. It's just not good. ;) Seriously, we're in negotiations with a new contractor so please be patient for a little while, unfortunately it's not that easy. About the heat: we always advise people to open windows and doors as often as possible to get some ventilation. Other than you can ask for a second fan at reception. Feel free to write us a more detailed e-mail about the rude staffer: office@wombats-munich.de. Happy travels!

An excellent, large hostel. Very close to central station, clean bathrooms, modern internally, big lockers, big room, great bar and an excellent atmosphere. Wifi was rather spotty. Overall a great place to stay and it will be my "go to" hostel in Munich.

cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! Excellent facilities and bar/lounge area was fantastic.