Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

11997 Total Reviews

Everything is good here. Kindly staffs, clean room and relaxing courtyard. Also closed to main spot and train station is 3 mins walking from hostel.

It was my second time at the hostel. This year they put wifi in the complete and they lost the atmosphere at the bar and the lounge. Very well located!

Beautiful hostel in an excellent location! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were extremely clean and the lounge was great to spend some time in before my departure.

Really enjoyed my stay at Wombats Munich. Excellent central location, friendly staff, great rooms and a good bar! Will definitely stay there again next time I visit Munich.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

absolutely great place! comfy beds, everything working very efficiently, friendly helpful staff.. my only complaint is that the beer in the bar seems to give me a headache

The Wombat is the perfect place to meet fellow travelers. I especially appreciated the "Free Drink" dollar that guests receive at check-in. One bathroom for six guests proved a bit difficult. Great location (basically door-to-door from Central Train Station) and extremely friendly/helpful/fun staff! Clean rooms and bathrooms, a bar and two lounge areas to hang out in! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Great hostel, meters from the station, large rooms adn very good common areas

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Spain

The location of this hostel is super good !!

I really enjoyed the night we spent at the hostel. We were a group of 8 people. We booked different rooms cause they did not have availability but a few days later they emailed me offering the 8 beds room. I think this was kind from them. Staff at reception was exceptional, very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was fun, very lively, happy .... they also have a quiet area where you can sit and relax with your book, laptop, mobile etc. Clean and warm. Good breakfast. Very good value for money.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Spain

This hostel is from a chain and it is a great choice in general, the beds are comfortable, you have your own power outlet and lights, the lockers are operated with the bedroom keycard so no need yo buy special locks. It is very near the train station and walking distance from the touristic places of the city.

Cannot rate this high enough! Awesome place to stay. Staff are perfect! Everything you need in a hostel highly recommend this.

Very nice place well situated

I visited the hostel on the 8th March, stuff was very friendly and hostel very clean. really liked it!

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Greece

I traveled to Wombats by myself and booked a 6-person all female room and I felt safe the entire time. Most of the other girls in my room were traveling alone or with one other person and I never felt uncomfortable about not having someone with me. I would easily return to this hostel!

• 8th Mar 2014

We did have a few beggars come into the hostel and ask for money in the middle of the day. I know that isn't something you can do much about, but I thought I would let you know.

Micro wave

• 7th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

I have nothing bad to say about this place. It was clean and safe, and the staff was very friendly.

• 7th Mar 2014

Nice staff. Very clean rooms. Happy hour needs to be longer considering there is a far better happy hour at euro youth just down the Road.

Oh yeah. To lure even more of your party bunch into our place or what?! :);):) Just kidding. Thanks for the hint! We'll discuss this with our bar manager. Have fun onwards and: Always know where your towel is!

Considering the steep competition of the 2 hostels that are right next door, Wombats is very average. I stayed at all three and would rate it at the bottom for value for money and facilities. Don't stay here as a solo traveller, as most people here are in groups (though that's most of munich really). The other hostels' bars are more fun for foreigners. Pro: They have a fridge you can use. Staff are helpful. Con: There is a smell in each room that makes it unpleasant to be inside.

Fast wifi, cool reception, good place to stay!

• 5th Mar 2014