Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 5th Apr 2015

The hallway into the building has barely any light, along with the four flights of stairs up to the floor that the hostel is located on which was a bit creepy when walking in after going out at night. The elevator is basically a wooden box with two doors you have to close and its sinks when you step in, feels a bit like a death box. There are only four bathrooms in the facilities which isnt that great considering how many rooms.

• 4th Apr 2015

Was here over Easter weekend so it was a bit pricier than usual (I think?). Still, a great hostel to stay at - very clean, staff are friendly, amazing chill out area and big bar. Not too far of a walk to the main attractions either. Very good!

Maybe a bit too expensibe, but i would say worth it. Definitely great bar, where you get to meet loads of new ppl! Rather very good breakfast! Clean and safe! Totally awesome location!! If in Muenchen, i would go back there.

The location is perfect, very close to the main train station where you can get underground (UBahn or SBhan) to travel within the city or trains further afield (e.g. Newschwanstein) It was a shame that they do not have a kitchen like the one in Berlin due to health and safety regulations. However, the pizza shop at the corner offers tasty pizzas in good value. You get a free drink upon check in which you can use at the bar and will be a good opportunity to meet other travelers.

The atmosphere in this hostel was the best ever!

The service provided by the staff was excellent and couldn't have been more helpful.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Best hostel ever!!! Excellent location, big rooms, great staff and fantastic atmosphere!

Great hostel! Perfect location to visit the city and meet new friends!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The kindness of the staff made my stay more pleasant and the hostel atmosphere in geral is very welcoming. The location is great (very convenient) and rooms are clean and organized.

• 1st Apr 2015

The room and hostel was ok but the beds are very hard and the hostel is very loud. You can here people walking even when they try to don't make noise. Our roommates (8-bed-dorm) came and went all night and when they finally went to bed the room reeked of alcohol, so there was no sleeping at all for me. Seems to be a party hostel... We had to get up at 4 am to catch our flight and next time I'll pay for a normal double bed room.

• 1st Apr 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards!

Staff are nice and helpfull !!! I will come back again. Just a feed back with the free tour around the city, I understand it's free but could improve more if the information is related with explanations about more history than tourist facts! I mean, I don't care pretty much about McDonalds history in Munich I prefer to know more about things like the Opera house building history and kind of that!!!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your recommendation. We'll let the tour guide know and see if and how we can incorporate more historic info into the walking tour. Thanks again and happy travels!

Wombats hostel is big, but very well run. I was traveling with my sister. We stayed in a six-bed room. The room and bathroom were very clean. The lockers were big enough to store all of our luggage. The hostel is located right next to the Hauptbahnhof - the main train station - so it is very convenient but we did not like the neighborhood and did not spend a lot of time there.

• Uruguay

Excellent localization and nice atmosphere. The hostel has a pub that offers beer from one euro. The rooms are ample and cleans. However, the internet is very bad, as there is not password, anyone can use the wifi, so in some times it is impossible use the internet.

One of the best hostels in Munich for sure. Great location, awesome staff, and beautiful rooms. We booked a private room with bathroom and we were surprised to find we even had our private terrace. Would come back again and again.

This hostel had a great bar with very cheap and very good drinks and drink specials!

The Internet must be better. In a lot of places the signal is very poor and we can't connect.

• 31st Mar 2015

Wombats was great. I only wish they had a kitchen!

WIFI sucks, but everything else is very good.

Not very conducive to meeting people. Wifi was horrendous