Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

I stayed in a six-bed dorm. The keycard lockers were nice, and the room was comfortable. Good bar area. Staff was great.

Phenomenal common area with hammocks and bean bag chairs, great bar, but relatively bad WiFi throughout the building, and the breakfast is underwhelming and not free. The rooms are nice and clean, as are the restrooms. Excellent location next to the main train station, from which it's easy to get anywhere in Munich.

Great stay. Staff and location were perfect.

Best hostel where I ever been.

Clean, spacious room. Great facilities; helpful staff; great location. Will not hesitate to recommend it.

Everything is okay...the room is clean and well equipped:), but the environment around the Munich main station isn't that safe and the two guys in the reception was not that helpful.. :(

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Yep, our area around the main station seems a bit dodgy but you can believe me when I say that it surely isn't. Munich is one of the safest places in Germany, even here. So don't worry about that. There's so much police around that you'd have to worry more about crossing red lights on foot... which of course we do not recommend. Officially. --- Ok, my lawyer just told me to shut the f*** up. ;) Winter is coming... Happy travels!

Wifi in communal area was terrible but other than that the hostel was great.

Great place. A free drink was part of the stay and their bar is amazing! The six bed dorm was very spacious and the ensuite was also a good idea. Great hostel.

Great Atmosphere, awesome people!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

This is by far my favourite hostel in Munich, and I've stayed at 4! The staff are always super friendly, and the bar has really cheap happy hour and we always meet fun people playing pool. Definitely the cleanest hostel I've stayed at, and the rooms are spacious with a great locker system. It's located near the main station which is a slightly dodgy area but there's no hostels better located in Munich, and it's fine to walk or get transport anywhere. I only wish there was a kitchen!

Prices and location are great! We stayed for just one night at Munich and needed a room near the central station. Therefore Wombats was our first choice and we were not disappointed. The room and the bathroom were clean and absolutely appropriate for a short stay.

• 22nd Nov 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Perfect location for those traveling by train--Munich HBF is less than a 5 minute walk away.

Unfortunately I had to cancel 2 days before arrival, meanwhile it was only you charging me, shame.

• Denmark

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in:))) Even though encountering the server problem, the staff handled it quite well and we had a pleasant stay at Wombat. The bar is great with live music at Saturday night. And it's beyond my expectation that they have prepared hair dryer in the 6-er dorm:))) Really great location which close to the station. I would stay in Wombat again if I have the chance to travel to Munich sometime.

• China

It was an awesome stay, again! The People in our 6Bed dorn were nice. We got an voucher for a beer in the hotel bar and enjoyed it! We found directly nice people and went out with them. The lobby stuff were friendly and helped us. Futhermore there was a chillout area in the middle. We could wait there and use the free wifi. At least the breakfast were more than we expected for 3.90€! In 3 weeks I'll stay there again. I never had bad experience yet. It's 24 hour open and the staff helps u!

Staff! Smile plz

• 20th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

This is a very well run hostel. Secure, organized, fun. Great breakfast for a few Euro. Nice common areas. Did the walking tour from here as well as Dachau and both were great. Super close to the Central Station. Only thing would be faster wifi, but it wasn't too bad. A great stay at Wombat's!

Staff was fantastic, happy hour at the bar not only a great deal but also fantastic to meet people. Only reason for "average" cleanliness is that there were mold spores on the roof of the bathroom (and must have been somewhere else) and I suffered a fairly bad allergy attack at the property as a result. It was not until the last day that I discovered the mold and put 2+2 together.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Also, I'm very sorry about this allergy! We'll check the room immediately. Despite the attack I hope you'll have a great time onwards. Happy travels!

This place has gone way down. Hostel is a dump. Wifi does not work. Nothing like the other wombats I've stayed at. Dirty bathrooms. Overpriced breakfast. No atmosphere everyone staring at phones waiting for wifi to work. Don't stay here! Also the bartender came up to me and slapped my shoe and told me not to put it on the table. Yeah....if you want a good time in Munich or at least good wifi, find another place. Bar sucks too

Thanks. I'm so sorry for you putting the shoes on the table. Self destruction will commence in 3...2...1...

The location right by the main train station can't be beat. It's very convenient for catching public transportation, sightseeing buses and the side trip to visit Neuschwanstein. The neighborhood is not great, but I never worried when my sister and I were out at night (we're women in our 60's). It's not a long walk to Marienplatz, locaion of the Glockenspiel and they were setting up a Christmas market when we left.

• 19th Nov 2014