Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

The staff overcharged me because one of their members was new, then they argued with us about the last bed being available when it was not (another guest already claimed it so my friend did not get to sleep and had to walk around the city all night,) and when we complained to the staff again the next morning after they asked how we enjoyed our stay, they said "oh, sorry" and did not provide any solution for our dissatisfaction. €108 later for 1 shared room and 1 private room, I won't be back.

Hi there! Well, at least according to our system we charged the correct price: 108.- - 13.08 (12% dep.) = EUR 95.92. As I get it, our newby charged only 1 person in the double at first which is which why we had to charge the 2nd person separately. But that is no overcharge, only splitted. You booked for 3 people and again, as it SEEMS, 3 did check in and out. If there was a 4th without a booking, then we can't do anything if we're full. I'm very sorry! Feel free to contact us about this.

Nice hostel. Fairly clean, decent facilities and great area for meeting people. Only complaints were that there was no kitchen, and the wifi was terrible when the hostel was full. Also, the downstairs atrium which was advertised as being "air conditioned" was not and it was like a sauna when there were lots of people in there!!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Unfortunately we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Sorry about that! Yep, we had some problems with the air con in the wintergarden but it has been fixed by our maintenance contractor already. :) --- And don't mention the wifi. I'm numb by now. Seriously. ;) Always know where your towel is!

Stopped by this hostel for a day while traveling to Romania. It was a well-kept and up-to-date place to stay. I enjoyed their chill out common area to rest and charge your electronic devices. They also had world cup games on late night which was cool returning to that. I met some interesting characters and had a great time.

• 5th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! I'm glad you liked it here. Say hello to Transsylvania for me! Make sure you visit Sigishoara: beautiful place and one (of the many) which claim to host Dracula's castle. ;) Have fun in Eastern Europe!

Good location, Very clean

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Wonbats Hostel has a great location (only few meters from Hbf Munich). Staff is very helpful (just one of the guys from the reception could be more friendly), chill out and bar area are very good! Although you have to pay for the breakfast (but it is only 3,90 euros), it is totally worth it...it is all you can eat and has a good variety of food and drinks. The only thing, I would suggest is to have more bathrooms out of the rooms.

Really like this hostel! I would go back again for sure. Very easy to meet people. lots of people hang out in the bar at night which is a blast but quiet in the actual rooms. I had a good nights sleep each night.

가격은 호스텔이지만 호텔의 서비스를 느낄수 있었습니다

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Awesome hostel, 24 hour reception and a bar that is large and stays open late. Great location and atmosphere, especially for young people. Also very helpful staff.

Good Location, my third stay. Unfortunately, my roommates were quite drunk and noisy during the night at 3am in the morning.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your loyalty! ;) Don't hesitate to report to reception if your roommates behave like... inconsiderate fellow ape descendants. Our night shifters will be happy to very kindly kick their ass. :) Happy travels!

Great place, friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful location. Can't recommend it highly enough :-)

This hostel had a great location only a few minutes from all interesting sites and a few hundred meters from the train station. This hostel created an atmosphere great for socializing with other guests, in an open courtyard rather than secluded bar. Definitely would return here, if Munich interested me more.

You don't LOOOVE Munich??!! Blasphemy! Go get him!! Just joking, mate. :) Thanks very much for the flowers! (as we say in Germany) Stay safe! ... because I WILL find you... ;)

One of the most fun atmospheres I've been in. The combination of the Hotel Bar and atrium are very nice to meet people and hang out.

• 1st Jul 2014

This was an incredible location. I would recommend it to anyone coming through. The rooms were spacious and convenient. The people working there and guests were great, and the bar downstairs as well as the hostel next door made meeting people very convenient.

Perfect location as it is literally across the street from the Munich HB. Very clean and I certainly appreciated the complementary drink upon arrival.

Wombats is excellent!

• 29th Jun 2014

good hostel, great location and good breakfast thx

Definitely a fun place for a younger person or one who loves to party. Lots of drinking and rowdiness nightly at their bar. My really my thing, but probably a fun atmosphere to most. Wifi was fickle...signal didnt always hold well in room.

Wombats was nice! Only stayed for one night, but enjoyed it. Cool hang out area, a working elevator, very clean.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great stay all around.

Everything as expected, staff provides good information and some extra things like free walking tour, I was not into party (probably the only one in the whole building :) but looks like Wombar is a good place to hang out and meet people. Thanks guys.