Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Great Hostel, good breakfast, lots of room. I would stay again.

wombats is top notch, I had a great time at the bar downstairs. The only thing that sucked was not being able to book for more than a night.

Stayed at the Wombats in Vienna and absolutely loved it. I had a similar experience in Munich too. Great people, lovely staff, and a clean/relaxed environment. No problems whatsoever! They offer a free walking tour (min. 6 people), and the only day I had to do the tour 4 people showed up. The group of us convinced the guide to still show us around, and I'm SO glad he did. Will definitely recommend!

I've stayed here a couple times and it's been great! Staff is awesome and the atmosphere is perfect for all types of travellers!

It was a nice clean hostel with a good atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful. Generally Munich is a really safe city, and the hostel is very centrally located, however around every central station you can see some "shady" things- you just have to be careful if its late at night.

It's the second time I stay in this hostel. I really like it. The location is beyond excellent. There's one catch, though... the washing and drying machines (they really "ate" some of my coins - although I have followed the instructions).

Hey there :) thank you for Your comment. We also will welcome you a third time. If you have troubles with the washer or dryer just let us know. reception is open 24h. We will help you as best we can. See you soooon..

Great! Me and my friend stayed in a 6 person mixed dorm. Each person gets a locker the room was secure whilst we stayed there, however one of the others In the room informed us that the room we stayed in 2 of the lockers had been broken into the night before. But we personally felt as though it was secure. When in the room you can't here the bar so it was a good night sleep. Staff are super friendly and want to help in every way.

Fix the internet.

Yes, SIR! ;)

Clean tidy room, great location, friendly/helpful staff, decent breakfast for only 4 euro. My first hostel experience and I would definitely recommend or stay again!

• 5th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The atmosphere was very nice and friendly. Thanks for the kind services.

• 4th May 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent location and facilities. Large and confortable rooms with safe lockers. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it didn't feel cramped. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, one of the best I've seen in hostels. I'd recommend improving the wi-fi. Very unstable in the rooms as well as common areas. It helps the traveller to plan his outings, especially when there's a train strike in Munich! Still, Wombats was a great place to stay and I'd highly recommend it!!

Great hostel. The security was great, right next to the main train station and 10minutes walk from the old town. Breakfast was extra but you could eat all you want. The bar seemed pretty good but I was sick when I was here so didn't go there. The facilities were great too except wifi doesn't work sometimes, usually at night. The lounge was awesome!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Clean, safe, a minute from the train station, the nicest shower, lights & outlet (that work) for each bed, wonderful coffee and lavish breakfast for 4.50€. The only downside was no kitchen, but no other hostel in Munich does and they do have a mini fridge for guests that helps.

great place and can't be beaten for the money. Good low key atmosphere and very quiet in the evenings. A girl in my room had a laptop stolen but it wasn't locked up at the time. Like all hostels be mindful of your possessions. The lockers work well so there isn't any excuse for not locking up expensive items. The bar is friendly and the whole place is great. I would not hesitate to stay there again

• 4th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

I stayed here earlier in May and had such a fantastic time! Staff were wonderful and great fun and the hostel was lovely. I would love to stay again!

Great place, good bar, right by the train station. Wifi was awful. Munich is a fun place

Great hostel! Nice common area outside, convenient location (almost in front of the train station), safe and clean like other Wombats. The only problem is wifi, which gets very slow during "rush hours". Also, you're asked to give an ID as a deposit for you key which I didn't like much considering it was the only one I had with me (I'd prefer a 10 EUR cash deposit like in almost every hostel I've stayed).

Great location! Very helpful staff!! Nice dorm! Would definitely stay here again!

• 2nd May 2015

We had an awesome experience at Wombat's! The staff were all super friendly and helpful, the place was very clean, and the hostel had a great atmosphere. The rooms were big and spacious, and the common areas were really nice to hang out in. We did the tour of Dachau with the hostel which was very well done. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone.

It was really noisy.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!