Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Wombats is great, the winter garden is perfect to hang out in at the end of the day with a beer. The main problem was that the fan for the bathroom was noisy even after the light had been switched off which could be an issue for people. There are bedside lights and powerpoints at each bed so no fighting for sockets.

Everything wsas good!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed. Amazing facilities, staff, and location. It is 2 minutes walking from the main station in Munich and just 10 minutes walking from the city center. The bar on the first floor has an unique atmosphere and it is great to meet new people!

Awesome place. Great atmosphere, staff, facilities, all super.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Wombats is a huge hostel chain and though it tries capture the experience, it is such a manufactured exp. It feels kind of fake. On the wombats website, it said there would be a kitchen, only to find in the tiny tiny tiny print that Munich is the only Wombats without a kitchen. This bothered me more than it should have. The rooms are decent, staff are good and it is a good location, but I lied to them when I said I'd check out the Wombats when I went to Vienna.

• 17th Feb 2015

Nice place to crash for a couple of nights. Nerdy college vibe with a very multicultural crowd, typical of several other hostels in the area. Rooms, washrooms, bar and lobby are very average but location is great and the staff is fluent in English and quite efficient . All in a all, good value for money.

Excellent Hostel. Just a few minutes walk from train station HBH. Quiet for sleeping. Lovely modern clean decor. Friendly helpfull reception staff.

• 16th Feb 2015

The staff were always lazy and unwilling to help, seriously, it seemed like I was doing a favor staying there. Bar staff was even worse, and they even allow one of the girls who works there to bring it's dog inside, way to go. They have this awesome space inside with the hammocks, full of low life's and people who aren't even guests, so what's the point? Internet completely sucks and I definitely won't stay in any other wombat's in Europe.

This is not the hostel fault, but I stayed at a 6 bed dorm, and everybody woke up arround 7 and started making lots of noise, packing plastic bags and talking out loud. I repeatedly asked them to be quiet with a prolongued "SHHHH" but they were all japanese and I didn't have a translator with me. I guess SHH doesn't mean a thing in japanese.

It was a typical hostel. The wifi barely worked and they do not have a bar crawl. I´m not too sure if they wash the bedspreads because you only have to return the bedsheets at the end.

No good WiFi :(

Its a really good hostel if you plan to meet people and have fun. Rooms or beds arent big. The Breakfast is a bit expensive, but its ok. I payed cheaper hostels that included better breakfast. Here you are paying for its location and bar.

Wombats was amazing! It was literally right outside of central station - so easy to find! However, Euroyouth hostel was right down the street and it was $100 cheaper for the same amount of nights (2) and breakfast was free! The only thing I found nicer about wombats was that they had ensuite bathrooms attached to the private rooms instead of communal bathrooms.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great facilities, very clean, excellent atmosphere. Hands down my favorite hostel

• 13th Feb 2015

Great hostal! Great service! It is really well located, just by the main train station and right in downtown Munich!!! I would come back for sure!

• Colombia

Its nice hostel which is located near the main station and keeps cleanliness. Even enough wifi was bit weak, it's convenient and kind for your purse.

Amazing chillout yard inside the hostel! And the bar is worth attention, in the morning for the breakfast as well! Good experience )

• Lithuania

I'm very impressed, especially for a large hostel. The RFID card system works great, and I loved the RFID in-room lockers! The best part was the other guests. I met lots of people at breakfast in the morning and at the bar in the evening. Great atmosphere.

Very good hostel, and I have stayed in a lot. Good points were the beds: sturdy bunks with individual plug socket and light. Nice bar with a great happy hour(s). Hammock chill out atrium. En suite bathroom in the dorm. Bad point was the Internet, which at the time was very unreliable, and actually having en-suite in the dorm is a bit annoying because you have to wait to use it in the morning, advantage of a shared bathroom is you don't have to wait for someone to shower and shave.

• 12th Feb 2015

Top place. Real party atmosphere. This was our first time staying a hostel and it won't be our last!

• All Male Group, 25-30