Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Was surprisingly shabby when compared to the Vienna wombat, and in a slightly dodgy neighbourhood. Wasa. Little bit disappointing.Everything was decent enough though. It's a pretty social hostel- the beer garden tour was awesome!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! What exactly do you mean with "shabby"? Our house is older than most of the Vienna babies and there's quite some construction going on right now. But feel free to write us an e-mail: office@wombats-munich.de to give us some hints. We're always happy to improve. :) Also, don't worry about the area. Yes, it's the train station but Munich is safer than a Montessori kindergarden. ;) You'd rather get bullied by cops when crossing red lights. Have fun!

All in all a good one night stay. Two things can be better though. The room was a bit too warm in the night, and we had to leave an ID-card as a deposit for the card-key. I'd rather have left money as a security.

Its a great hostel, great atmosphere, nice bar and rooms with their own toilet. The fact that they don't have a kitchen was a letdown, as they didnt even have a microwave or a kettle for guests to use. Location is good, walking distance to the main attraactions, couple of minutes walk to the underground station and a supermarket right on the corner. Got a free breakfast for staying in their partner hostel in Vienna which was nice.

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed and German bureaucracy will have to burn in hell for all eternity. And beyond. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Anyway, you can still ask our front desk or bar staff to heat food or water for you. Rock and Roll! ;) Happy travels!

Awesome experience all around; room got hot the last night, could use a better fan or A/C. Great breakfast, bar, staff.

Two staff members eating breakfast at reception during peak check out hours-no a good look. Pissed me off cause I had to wait and they were eating an chatting instead of serving customers

Wifi was terrible! Does not work most of the time. They really shouldn't claim they have wifi because it does not work. Other than that it was fine.

This hostel was quite nice, minus the rotten egg smell coming from the shower in the room.

• 24th Jun 2014

Hostel had spacious, clean rooms, with cool high-tech lockers. Was close to the train station, but a bit of a walk to the city center. They gave a good map.

A great stay for a couple of nights! City tour and beer tour were amazing!

Had a great time!

Fantastic hostel! I would definitely return! Great bar/common room downstairs, clean bathrooms and the beds weren't bad. They have great walking tours and beer tours!

I stayed 4 nights in room 201 at Wombats Munique and I had a good time. I slept very well, no noise, good atmosphere, I was in a room with a German, an American and a polen and all were good and civilized guys. There is no kitchen, this is the only negative point but the breakfast they offer is not expensive at all: 3,90 euro. Wombats is located in downtown and you will have no problem hitting the most important museums and shopping areas. The staff is very friendly and competent to help us.

Staff is very friendly and helpful! Location is very closed to central station! Very nice hostel! The room is very large!

Wombats hostel is in an excellent location near to the main central railway with their own banners hanging out to draw you to the front door.all public transport is less than 5minutes away and for walking to the main town centre attractions is only 10 minutes.The hostel is well run,friendly,clean and with a great bar area and atmosphere.This hostel comes highly recommended and value for money.

Kitchen is too small for such a big hostel. I wanted to use a kitchen, but it was too small and dirty, I couldn't use it. And WI-FI is not for free? I was totally surprised at this. Shower was also bad working.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Japan

In addiction to the Wifi connection, everything is perfect, and I like beer and Party here.^^

Overall, a very good clean hostel with a nice terrace/common room. The bathroom in a 6 bed dorm was inside the room which I liked.

Absolutely amazing hostel. Facilities are extremely clean. The rooms are HUGE and there's even a large picnic table in the middle of the room, so you never feel cramped. Wifi is in the rooms and that's pretty rare. There are vending machines for drinks and snacks. Overall, it's more like a quality hotel rather than a hostel.

"...it's more like a quality hotel rather than a hostel." --- If I may counsel you: Be careful with that kind of - compliments. It's like congratulating a punk to his new i-pad which he'd involuntarily won during an Apple promotion. You know? It's just not cool to be compared to a hotel. ;) Just cracking, mate. Thanks for the flowers! (as we say here). Always know where your towel is!

Was in the 10men room and saw a baby cockroach running across the bed frame. Other then that, the place was great and staff was amazing.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! We'll check the room immediately. In general it's always best to report those buggers to reception as quickly as possible so we can react right away. Cheers and happy travels!

Fun bar scene. We had a very nice room, spacious, with a bathroom in it. Located close to the main part of the city.