Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Great hostel! Nice common area outside, convenient location (almost in front of the train station), safe and clean like other Wombats. The only problem is wifi, which gets very slow during "rush hours". Also, you're asked to give an ID as a deposit for you key which I didn't like much considering it was the only one I had with me (I'd prefer a 10 EUR cash deposit like in almost every hostel I've stayed).

Great location! Very helpful staff!! Nice dorm! Would definitely stay here again!

• 2nd May 2015

We had an awesome experience at Wombat's! The staff were all super friendly and helpful, the place was very clean, and the hostel had a great atmosphere. The rooms were big and spacious, and the common areas were really nice to hang out in. We did the tour of Dachau with the hostel which was very well done. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone.

It was really noisy.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

I had a lot of fun in this hostel, highly recommended to make new friends or to get reunited with old friends:; I really liked the pole dance :) ALso it was positive for me to find people in different ages. Even though the hostel was huge, it was surprisingly quite clean and tidy. The staff was availably 24hrs, always helpful and kind, no complains at all. I would only recommend one thing: to use like a ¨tickets´system¨ for the lugagge store, i didn´t have any issue but u never know...

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words and the suggestion! We'll think about it if we can implement it. the problem is, the more you work with "tickets" and stuff, the more complicated it gets. Especially given the fact that we never really had issues before so we like to keep it simple. But let's see. :) Have a great time onwards!

location was good. It is located in 3 minute from Haupbahnhof(main train station) And domitory also was good. you can drink and rest at 1st floor. there are bar and place you can take rest.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Very bad wifi

Great hostel with a chill bar! Definitely enjoyed my stay, although it would help if there was more communal toilets/sinks on the floor (for the ensuite floors when the bathroom is occupied), and if check-out time is pushed to 11am.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your suggestions! We'll think about them. Right now there communal toilets on the first floor as well as showers on the 2nd. During high season we'll open more on the 3rd level. Until now People seemed to be satisfied with that but we'll keep a weather eye out. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Had an amazing time here! Rooms are very spacious, wifi was a bit spotty but it got the job done, relaxing common room, great bar and within easy walking distance to the main sights! Location seems a like sketchy but not too bad. As a solo female traveller I'd definitely recommend staying here!

good to stay

Party vibe in the base of hotel, but there is also another really nice atrium-esque area that you can relax in, albeit you can hear the bar from there. Bar is nice feature though as it is a great place to meet fellow travelers.

There was just one ensuite bathroom for like 10 people. The breakfast is a really good deal, though. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The hostel has a cool vibe.

Loved the place. Although 12 people sharing one bathroom is hard.

Amazing ! I hope to stay in wombats again. Excellent:)

• 27th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Social areas were a good place to hang out. Nice touch with a voucher for free drink each when we arrived. Wifi wasnt amazing. Would of loved somewhere/ anywhere to prepare food as we ended up spening a lot more eating out.

Great. Awesome location- next to train station and all sites.

Layout of the 10 bed dorm was fantastic, though it was quite stuffy and there were no blinds on the windows. Bathroom was pretty good, but not overly ideal when 10 people were trying to use it at the same time in the mornings. Lockers in the rooms were great. Amazing common area & good atmosphere in the bar. Nice location, near to the festival grounds and city centre & convenient for the station. Wifi was pretty terrible.

You can never really go wrong with Wombat. Very nice facilities and always very welcoming.

Enjoyed my stay, well setup to meet people, would recommend the castle tour they offer at front desk. Would have given 100% but internet is up and down, and had a bad experience with one of the staff at the bar on my last night. Overall great hostel.

we had a blast at the munich wombat hostel. the place is clean, well run by a friendly staff, and the bar is awesome. I would highly suggest this hostel for young people looking to have fun and meet people in an awesome environment. lots of love wombat crew from Dory and the gang