Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Pretty amazing hostel in central location. It's a big hostel and cool for meeting people. I liked the rooms and the key-card locker system. Two negatives. 1) Wifi sucks at peak times. 2) The bar staff were very variable. They made us wait well over one hour until they finished their snooker game, I thought this very annoying. (I appreciate it will take time because of working but it's very selfish!!). Also, one barman was fine to me but very rude to other guests with minor reason in my opinion.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! Well, to be perfectly blunt: if they prefer to play snooker they need not suffer to work here. I am very sorry about this and we will talk to them immediately! But I'm glad that you had a good time here otherwise. Take it easy!

clean and good location

I loved Wombat's!! Great location, and the staff is extremely accommodating! The only complaint I have would be that the wifi didn't work for anyone (in my group of 5) for more than a minute or so, which was very limiting. Bar was awesome. Overall great atmosphere!

• 15th Mar 2015

This is a very nice hostel. The breakfast is awesome (tough not included in the price for the room) and they have a very nice bar. The rooms are silent and clean. The only problem is that they lack a kitchen and they probably won't have one ever.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • AnaCristaldi

I'm in love about Wombat's Hostel. I've been in Munich and London, and both were great. Anywhere I go that there's Wombats, it is for sure my only choice. Safety, clean and with such a great vibe!

• 13th Mar 2015

The hostel was spotlessly clean, the staff were awesome, and the location was right next to the main station. It had some great eateries close by. There are some good bars and clubs within walking distance, too. The price of the drinks in the bar was amazing, especially during happy hour! Amazing hostel. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone going to Munich.

• All Male Group, 18-24

Not the best place for solo travelers, as it is more of a party hostel and everyone seemed to be in a big group.

This was my first hostel that I've stayed in, and I had an amazing time, the only issue I had was with the wifi constantly cutting out, which was very frustratingly. Aside from that, the staff were really lovely, the all you can eat breakfast was great! I managed to meet new people every night down at the bar, as I am a solo traveler, which was fantastic! Would definitely stay there again.

• 13th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels in Europe. Best in Munich.

I felt there very good :) everything was clean and staff very kind :).

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

Second time at this hostel and it was def a better time than the first. Fairly clean, great party hostel. The reservation was messed up and they still made sure it worked out the way we wanted. Staff was really helpful.

Just great to stay!! I stay here every time when I came to Munich.

The most spacious hostel room I have ever stayed in! Comfortable beds, lockers and bathroom in the dorm, very clean! (The automatic parfume spray in the bathroom was almost too much. Hair dyers would be a plus). Excellent location close to the railway station and the city center. I enjoyed my stay at wombats a lot and would recomand it to everyone!

The staff at the reception and the cleaning staff was extremely friendly. Just the Barkeeper in the evening at the "Wombar" was too busy to "look cool" instead of serving us Drinks.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Hi there! Thanks heaps for your comment! I' m very sorry about this behaviour of our colleague. We will talk to our bar staff about this right away. Have a great time!

Locate on the center, near to the main station (Hauptbahnhof), not more than 20 mins walk to Marienplatz. They also provides a luggage room, which has a lock that can be openned directly only by the staff at the reception desk. That makes me feel less worried to deposit my bags.

nothing to complain about ;)

• 6th Mar 2015

One of the nicer hostels I've stayed at. Fun atmosphere for meeting people

I cannot fault Wombars Hostel. 16 of us recently stayed here and everyone commented what a great place it was. Staff were fantastic and location spot on. If we didn't want to see the rest of munich we could easily have spent all our time in the great bar on site.

Could be cheaper :)

Always... ;) Thanks very much for your rating and have a great time onwards!

Overall, it was alright. The location, facilities, big lockers... but nothing exceptional. The wifi connection wasnt so great in the room and the bartenders were that willing to serve the free welcome drinks. Pricewise, it is just an average hostel and I felt it is a bit overated. I have stayed here and Euro Youth Hostel and in comparison, the bed is much more comfy here but it was 6 euros more expensive for the same type of room. Both are okay and located on the same street.