Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

I have put average for security as although access to the rooms was high and I felt very safe I was a little concerned as there was no noticeable security at the front door or bar area- not that I ever felt unsafe but thought its worth a mention

• 17th Sep 2014

Clean, bright hostel with good facilities and great breakfast, good location.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Female Group, 41+

Amazing. Great bar. Room was spacious and clean!

Average Hostel, but they screwed my access card up and were telling me it was my fault and that i had swapped cards with a friend even though i was travelling solo. Third time this has happened at a wombats, security and staff are so rude and the breakfast is overpriced

Hi there! So it happened the third time... always you but different receptionists i different cities... Hm. We'll ponder about that. Happy travels! :)

뮌헨역이랑 5분도 안되는거리. 걸어서 근처 관광지 다 걸어다닐 수있음. 침대시트 제공. 방 넓음. 개인락커있음. 짐 무료로 맡길수 있음. 바에서 음료한잔 무료제공. 온수 잘나옴.

The hostel is very nice...you will love the staff and the place..also don't miss the great breakfast for only 4 € you can eat and drink as much as you can !!..they offering everything you will need for free except towel...my only negative comment is that I don't like the area at the HBF...yes...it's in the center of the city..close to everything...but not clean....maybe you will love Munich when you go to the far places like English garden, Nymphenburg Palace....etc..better than the Center !!!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

Really enjoyed the stay and would recommend to everybody!

A good hostel in a good location for munich city center. They have a good bar and offer breakfast for around €4 which was pretty good. The bar at night wasn't really my taste but if you like crappy pop songs then you will love it. It's a clean hostel with friendly staff. I would stay again.

Great rooms and facilities. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. A great place to stay!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place great location! I would recommended this place! The room got unbelievably hot during the night and the fans hardly worked. Other than that it was good.

Bar area is awesome. Same as Vienna fix the wifi. It's not because it's overcrowded there's more to it than that

very satisfied with the hostel, the room was very large with a good size ensuite. good friendly staff and tours to neuschwanstein castle and dachau memorial leaving from the lobby daily, bar had a good atmosphere centralised l9xation to karlplatz and marienplatz

Close to HBF. Good bar and atmosphere - would stay again. Staff were good as well.

The lounge area was nice, the breakfast could be improved taste wise. Otherwise good location in central Munich

Wombats in Munich was an awesome place to stay. We stayed at many hostels during our month in Europe and this was by far our favorite. The staff was super friendly and nice. The rooms were clean and cheerful. The bar had cheap drinks and a good atmosphere. The hang out room was cool too and a great place to meet people.

We enjoyed staying at this hostel and would stay again. The room (we had a private room with own bathroom) was clean and comfortable. The private balcony was spacious and nice to sit in. The continental breakfast (optional for a fee) was a great value. My only complaint was that, on the first night, we were not able to take shower in our room due to very low water pressure. We had to use a shower on another floor. It was fixed the next day after reporting it to the front desk twice.

• Japan

Very clean and comfortable. It is located near central station, and easy to find. Close to Marien platz so good for sightseeing.

• South Korea

I think Wombats City Hostel Munich is a great place to stay while visiting Münich. I have never been in such a nice hostel before!

• Argentina

Checking into Wombats made me wish I was spending more than 12 hours at the place. It was fun and youthful and everything I want a hostel to be. After ditching my pack in my room, I wandered back downstairs where a decent party was going on at the bar (which had the most eclectic music ever for a bar. Dolly Parton and Mulan soundtrack were featured). But after finishing my free beer, I was able to go back to my room and barely hear the party at all. I felt very safe as a lone, female traveler.

I am very satisfied with my stay in this hostel - location is super convenient, staff very efficient and friendly. Room is clean and spacious. I don't recall if they have a kitchen since I was not in need of using a kitchen. I was a bit uncomfortable when they asked an ID as deposit for the key - I would be more comfortable if they just asked for a monetary deposit.