Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Wombats was amazing! It was literally right outside of central station - so easy to find! However, Euroyouth hostel was right down the street and it was $100 cheaper for the same amount of nights (2) and breakfast was free! The only thing I found nicer about wombats was that they had ensuite bathrooms attached to the private rooms instead of communal bathrooms.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great facilities, very clean, excellent atmosphere. Hands down my favorite hostel

• 13th Feb 2015

Great hostal! Great service! It is really well located, just by the main train station and right in downtown Munich!!! I would come back for sure!

• Colombia

Its nice hostel which is located near the main station and keeps cleanliness. Even enough wifi was bit weak, it's convenient and kind for your purse.

Amazing chillout yard inside the hostel! And the bar is worth attention, in the morning for the breakfast as well! Good experience )

• Lithuania

I'm very impressed, especially for a large hostel. The RFID card system works great, and I loved the RFID in-room lockers! The best part was the other guests. I met lots of people at breakfast in the morning and at the bar in the evening. Great atmosphere.

Very good hostel, and I have stayed in a lot. Good points were the beds: sturdy bunks with individual plug socket and light. Nice bar with a great happy hour(s). Hammock chill out atrium. En suite bathroom in the dorm. Bad point was the Internet, which at the time was very unreliable, and actually having en-suite in the dorm is a bit annoying because you have to wait to use it in the morning, advantage of a shared bathroom is you don't have to wait for someone to shower and shave.

• 12th Feb 2015

Top place. Real party atmosphere. This was our first time staying a hostel and it won't be our last!

• All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is honestly one of the best I've ever stayed. I'd recommend it to anyone!

• 12th Feb 2015

I loved this hostel. There is a sunroom it has a glass roof, with trees growing in it and hammocks and beanbag. It was very comfy. The atmosphere was amazing. I met so many new friends in the hostel bar. Plus everyone gets a free drink token when they arrive. The rooms are really spacious and even have a large table and benches to sit at.

Very clean and comfortable rooms, the location is great. It would have been better with a kitchen...

Great place to stay! The rooms are decent sizes and it's all very clean. Staff are amazing, and are willing to help you out at the drop of a hat. Location is perfect too. The atmosphere in the bar is fantastic- many great nights were had. Also recommend eatting the hostel breakfast, it's not half bad and for a single travelers it was a great way to meet people. Highly recommend this place

Would reccomend all wombats hostels! Always wonderful staff, amazing location, good security, and en suite shower.

The hostel offers spacious rooms with huge lockers and bathroom. Common area its kind of steril and made for big number of people. Unfortunately not the internet connection, which is unstable and unreliable at all!!!

Koreans very much. Korean deulyimyeon want haejugo recommended. However, foreigners may be inconvenient. Ah Wi-Fi is not good.

Everyone should stay here in Munich !!! I had a great time staying here the staff were great and I met so many people as it was such a social place and the wombar was pretty dam good. The breakfast was well worth paying for !!

I stay d in one of the private doubles, and I can 100% recommend them. You have the hostel atmosphere downstairs, with a nice modern private room to sleep in

Great place where I have stayed several times! However my latest stay wasn't as good as my previous ones. Firstly, the wifi is useless. Don't know if something has changed since my last stay but They should really get this fixed, or not offer it at all. Secondly one of the staff members was a little bit too cocky in my opinion. Don't remember his name but he was at main reception Friday morning (13/2/15). Nevertheless the best hostel in Munich!

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Sorry that you had some bad experience here. Our Wifi is fixed and should work properly. We also will talk to our receptionists. I hope you understand, if the receptionists are in a rush at check in or check out time. It could be, that we can't answer all the questions in the first place then. So we would ask to come back later when ist a little bit more quite. Maybe you come back one day and i m sure you will get a different Impression. Happy travels.

you need to change your browser / router - internet is slower than a snail ... past years was cheaper and faster ...

• 7th Feb 2015

hey there..sorry we had some trouble with the router. the snail is gone. happy wifiing again. :)

The location is perfect, right beside the central train station that goes everywhere. The staff is very friendly, especially in the Wombar, where it's perfect to wind down after a day of sight seeing. The rooms are comfortable and the lockers are a good size. The bathrooms and showers are clean as well. All in all I had a wonderful stay, I'll definitely be back!!

• 7th Feb 2015