Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

One of the best hostels I stayed in while traveling in Europe. Free lockers in the room, great drink specials bring together, and great location.

• 8th Jan 2016

A good, clean, secure hostel. Would definitely recommend it.

Would be better if Wombats can offer a floor towel in bathroom.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • China

Very young crowd. Lovely staff, good breakfast, nice patio and bar.

• 5th Jan 2016

I satisfied with the service Wombats provides. Good location as the hostel is near train station and only 10 minutes walking to old center. Creative decoration. Friendly staff. Tidy room. I definitely come again :)

• Vietnam

GREAT HOSTEL. Great location; walking distance to the main square MarienPlatz and therefore walking distance to the main city tours and city center. Clean, organized, tidy and fun hostel. Rooms are big and spacious ( with even a table in the middle). Confortable beds; each with a phone charger and a mini night table. It has a bar which is fun and has an amazing atmosphere every night. You can eat cheaply there or even take your own food. Amazing , I wouldn't change anything.

Excelent location. Clean enough and nice staff. Will come back here :)

• Panama

Great stuff ! Maybe checkout at 11am instead of 10?

There seemed to be somewhat of a shortage of bathrooms in the hostel. While we did have a bathroom in our 10-bed room, it was being used most of the time and there were no other bathrooms on the floor. Often times the bathroom on the ground floor was in use also.

Hi there! Thank you for your post. Just to let you know we do have extra showers on the floor as well. Please come to reception next time and we help as best we can... Happy travels.

Unfortunately my stay here was my least favourite in Europe. The location is not good for a solo female traveller, I didn't feel safe walking around the hostel after dark, lots of people hanging around , drunk vomiting etc. additionally I didn't find the staff very welcoming or helpful on the couple of occasions I tried to ask for advice or directions...shame because munich is a beautiful city, would love to go again but not stay here!

The location of Wombats City Hostel can't be beat - it's right next to the train station and walking distance to both the museums and the city center. There were access cards to get in the building and there was even a security guard at night, so it felt really secure. The hostel itself is attractive and well-kept. There were definitely people hanging out in the common areas and in the bar, but we had to go to the hostel next-door to find a bar crawl. Overall, this was a great pick for our trip!

Positive: The hostel is nice, the bar area is actually really really nice. The staff is super kind and cool. The area is safe. Negative: The lockers were Brocken and there wasn't a technician, The room was very cold, hitters low and windows that can't close well. From that price I aspect a worm place with lockers and breakfast included

• 2nd Jan 2016

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! I'm very sorry about that! We always try to fix things as quickly as possible in our own interest but sometimes, esp. over Christmas and New Year, there can be days when both our technicians are not in the house. But we're on it, don't worry. As for the heater: if it's turned low feel free to change that yourself! If you feel uncomfortable with that just ask the front desk staff for assistance, also with things like the window. Have a great time onwards!

The toilet in my room didn't work well. And I prefer to use bathrooms outside of the bed rooms to avoid disturbing other people in my room at night.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Japan

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your remarks! We'll unleash our janitors right away. ;) If you want to use our common bathrooms just ask for the key at reception. They are located on the 2nd floor. There are additional toilets on the 1st and 3rd as well. Always know where your towel is!

I thought the price were a bit too expensive and the bathroom was not cleaned daily. It was left very messy by other people in the room, so it would had been nice if someone cleaned every day. Everything else was great/ perfect!

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! According to our routine all rooms should be cleaned daily. However, if your roommates generously distribute their belongings across the dorm then we advise our housekeepers to only clean the "blank spots" because customers get crrrrAZY if we touch their things. So when there's a mess as you write then it cannot be cleaned properly. I'm very sorry about that! Though I'm happy that you liked the rest. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

This hostel was very nice, we enjoyed our stay. One thing though: it has no kitchen, fortunately the bar is really nice, offers all-you-can-eat breakfast for less than 5€. Staff was very nice in general, except for the bar, sometimes they were a bit rude. Location is pretty convenient and nights are very active. Atmosphere is cool. Would stay again.

Hi there! Thanks heaps for sharing! Unfortunately until now we are not allowed to have a guest kitchen due to fire safety regulations. But we deployed a Special Forces Team to bribe/abduct and/or torture some Bavarian authorities to do our bidding. So stay tuned! ;) I'm very sorry about our bar staff though. We'll talk to them about this. Have a blast onwards!

nice city, nice hostel, nice people! :))

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Austria

The hostel bar is very active! I spent my new year's eve there and it was really fun! Had a really great stay there!

Great location, right next to the train station and less than 10 minutes to the heart of the city. Grocery store 2 minutes walk away! I met many great people while staying.

Great hostel! very convenient location (Literally RIGHT beside the train station) - 10 minute walk to the centre of Munich with all the attractions. Very clean facilities, comfy beds, good atmosphere in the bar/atrium lounge. Staff were so helpful and had anything and everything for you if you forgot anything! & free welcome beers!!

The staffs are really kind and helpful, and the room is big and well facilited. The only problems are bathroom smells and the location makes people feel a little bit unsafe.