Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Overall good. Confortable and clean. Nice lounge area.

Great place overall, only complaint would be that there was not air conditioning and the room was very hot.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your rating! If the rooms get too hot feel free to ask at reception for 1 or even 2 fans. More than that is not possible though because then our fuses will burst. :) Always know where your towel is!

Really liked Wombats! Came in for one night and absolutely exhausted but I still managed to meet so many new people and get a great night's rest. Definitely would stay again (except for a longer period).

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

No complaints, the location is right next to the central station and the city's main attractions are at a walking distance. Facilities are clean. The staff varies, some of them are really nice and some were indifferent but most of the staff I've asked for assistance were helpful. I find the place quite secure as well, with every floors having locked doors. Overall, a pretty decent stay except for a bunk mate who's snoring kept me up all night but that's irrelevant, thanks for the earplugs btw!

• 1st Jun 2015

Really love this hostel! Almost everything is perfect. Location is near the main train station and shopping street. The room is really good, large and there has lift also. There is a bathroom inside the room. The bed is comfort. The staff are good especially for the female staff in the morning.

We booked 3 nights on different day. The first day, we've got the room on the second floor (1st floor), facing the main road, it was too noisy even at late night and early morning. Wifi was very slow.

We really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were very warm at night and the windows didn't open far. The street was noisy all through the night. Overall the location was good enough to make up for it. Very clean place and friendly staff.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. Also with fans as was already mentioned. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

This seemed more like a hotel than a hostel, which in Wombat's case is a great thing! Hostel is very clean, lockers are large and secure, breakfast is a good value, and staff was always willing to answer my questions or recommend a tour. Dachau tour was amazing and powerful. The only complaint is that it can get rather loud and hot in the rooms, so earplugs are a must. Overall, a great stay and I'm looking forward to Wombats Berlin. Cheers!

Great place to both party in the bar and get a solid night's sleep in the rooms. Best of both worlds.

Overall the hostel was nice and very clean. Very spacious rooms as well. Though the part of the city was not ideal and had many strip clubs nearby, not right near the actual city center. Close to the train station so it was noisy and busy all the time. WiFi was a whole other story. It was French WiFi because it only worked maybe 35 hours a week, took long holidays, and when it did work it was painfully slow. This is the 21 century, please improve the WiFi.

Hi there! What do you mean, strip clubs are not ideal? --- Ok yes, that was a joke. Most people love it though because you could spit right into the main train station. Actually, it's Bavarian wifi which is even worse than French because it doesn't take just holidays, it'll simply stay in a beergarden the whole time and that's that. Seriously, we're constantly trying to improve the situation but the cables won't give much more as it seems. But! We're on it. Call it a Mantra. Happy travels!

The hostel location is great, the staff were lovely and helpful. The wifi was terrible though, couldn't get it to work at all. Also the room we were in was really loud at night from the bar downstairs until about 2.30am which was an issue as we had to be up early to travel the next day

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

This is one of these places that does exactly what it says on the tin.. It is a place to sleep and very little more. Staff to me seemed to be the biggest let down. Checking in, it was literally fill this in. Pay me. Take your bed sheets. Bye. No how is your day, how are you. Check out was the same but I got a smile..The bar was good I must say. Stayed in a very spacious 8 bed ensuite room. I slept with a fan on right beside my face and still woke up in a ball of sweat from the heat of the room.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! I'm very sorry that our staff didn't meet your expectations. Things can get a bit short when it's stressful with many customers but of course it should definitely not be the way you described it. We will talk to them for sure! Also, if one fan is not enough feel free to ask for a second one at reception. As Long as we have spare ones we will gladly provide them for you. Anyway, I hope you have a great time onwards!

Great hostel overall. Perfect location and a great place to meet people. My only complaint was that the wifi was pretty awful, aside from that, an awesome place to stay.

Wifi yes. I dream of that word. It haunts my nightmares actually. Any boogeyman and even Freddy bloody Krueger will sit in the darkest corner, rocking back and forth, sobbing, shivering and silently crying. Aaanyway, of course I thank you for the comment, truely, but I can only say what I always say: we will reboot, restart or whatever you call that and try to squeeze out as much as possible. May the force be with us! :) Have a great time onwards!

Lots of young people but welcomed seniors like us

The staff at the front desk was always friendly and upbeat! The staff working the breakfast and the bar weren't very friendly and could be rude. Location was close to the main station which was great but the street it was on was a bit dodgy at night. It was quite expensive but I think this was due to it being a weekend. If breakfast was included it would be worth the money!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! We'll talk to the guys in those departments. Though I have to say, smiling on an early morning is never easy. ;) The bar staff will get the full blow of our punishment, though. No, of course we don't work like that... YES, WE DO PRECIOUSSS!!! May the force be with you!

Rooms were spacious but you could hear noise from the bar with the windows closed. Also we were in an 8 person room with access to only 1 shower. Otherwise a nice place, close to the train station and main shopping area.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour, also to tell the bar staff to keep the music level bearable. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Excellent place with a great bar and atmosphere. Stayed at three of the wombats across Europe and all are high quality hostels. Strongly recommend!!

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

• 27th May 2015

Very good!

• 27th May 2015

Really nice hostel with great atmosphere. Nice big rooms, very clean, and easy to meet other travellers. Only problem is the wifi isn't very good.