Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

The wi-fi is a joke. Works very poorly, even in the paid computers. There is a serious need of increasing the number of bathrooms outside the rooms.

staff not so friendly, but the hostel is very nice. there has a good bar down there but surprisingly you can't hear anything in the room. no kichen that is a minus otherwise good for stay

My favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! This hostel is SO MUCH FUN. The bar facilitates conversation and the people there are so friendly and easy going. I had the best time, ever. I would recommend this place to anyone! Good selection for breakfast for a good price too! I went back twice in the same week. STAY HERE.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The location is pretty good. And it's really good for meeting new friends. In fact, there are quite many similar hostels in the same street, so no need to worry abt no places to stay.

very convenient location and stylish bar! had a wonderful Christmas Eve party with lots of ppl. Perfect place to hang out

Too noisy 😞😞😞 I can't sleep

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • wishonmystar
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

We had a private double with en suite. We got fresh towels everyday also fresh linens very clean room no problems at all. The location is one street over from the main train station. There were movies playing in the lobby the bar was a great place to hang out. All the doors have security locks even the different levels so no fear what so ever. Best place ever invented for a hostel.

Great location and it's just 5 mins it's walk to the main station, but the area is a bit dangerous for girls at night, helpful staff.

Great place. Rooms were nice, bathrooms were clean. Not too loud in the rooms, and the bar downstairs was really great. Good location directly next to the main train station. Lots of cool people (I imagine this is always the case) and super friendly environment. Do the walking tour that starts at the lobby. Meet people. Have fun. Had a dorm room and also a private. Private had a small balcony, very large, clean, and perfect for getting some long-needed uninterrupted sleep. It's fantastic!

Great hostel, Great location and a wonderfull breakfast.

There needs to be more than 1 toilet and shower for a 10 person dorm. Also noise from the bar carries throughout the building I was on floor 5 and could hear it. Laundry is ridiculously expensive for the size of machines they have.

Hostel seems dark and a bit melancholic. The bar/lounge area was great, but the rest of the hostel not so much. My friend's locker didn't work.

everything here was good excceppttt the wifi *it completely sucked most days and then 2 days it crashed and was completely not working* but otherwise the hostel was central (right outside the main train station) it was clean, fun, and secure. lockers in the room, decent recommendations from the staff but not great *just do your own research... the bar was alright but could use more seating... overall good place to stay

The airline lost my luggage and the employees at Wombat's were very understanding and worked with me to ensure I received it during my stay. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Dec 2014

The atmosphere really a relax for holiday.

• 21st Dec 2014

This was a great hostel with a great atmosphere. The bar and breakfast were great and the staff were helpful. Very helpful and great location, near the main station, so easy to find! Only minor issue was the wifi was a bit dodgy at times. But in general it worked. Our dorm room was super clean and really big! Oh and the beds were comfy :)

The Lounge was excellent! The reception staff were very friendly and the rooms (6 person for me) were quite clean. Our bedroom had its own bathroom, which was clean, well-functioning, and equipped with an air freshener that sprayed every half hour or so. The lack of hand soap was annoying though. The hostel common areas were great and neatly divided between a bar with loud music and chatter and a quiet indoor courtyard for soft conversation or reading.

Service was appalling, on several occasions we asked for assistance and could not be provided with answers, even after several days. Internet worked sometimes at best which made planning and organizing difficult especially considering the staff were unable to assist.

Disappointing. We stayed here over the festive period as we anticipated such a well known hostel would be a good place to spend Christmas. However we were greeted with a few strands of nominal tinsel and an unhelpful staff who clearly didn't want to be there. The wifi was so bad that it's almost misleading to say they had it in the first place. Stay was redeemed only by the other travelers we met there and decent location.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! I'm very sorry you were disappointed by our staff and the wifi. I can only say we're constantly trying to improve the connectivity but it's a hard one to be honest. But there is always hope I guess. Also, we were just faced with a major change conncering reception staff and this may have resulted in a little hick-up in their performance. We will talk to them right away! Stay safe & happy travels!

This hostel is excellent for meeting people, the bar is fantastic and the free walking tour was great! I had a fantastic time and met wonderful people!