Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in:))) Even though encountering the server problem, the staff handled it quite well and we had a pleasant stay at Wombat. The bar is great with live music at Saturday night. And it's beyond my expectation that they have prepared hair dryer in the 6-er dorm:))) Really great location which close to the station. I would stay in Wombat again if I have the chance to travel to Munich sometime.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • China

It was an awesome stay, again! The People in our 6Bed dorn were nice. We got an voucher for a beer in the hotel bar and enjoyed it! We found directly nice people and went out with them. The lobby stuff were friendly and helped us. Futhermore there was a chillout area in the middle. We could wait there and use the free wifi. At least the breakfast were more than we expected for 3.90€! In 3 weeks I'll stay there again. I never had bad experience yet. It's 24 hour open and the staff helps u!

• 21st Nov 2014

Staff! Smile plz

• 20th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

This is a very well run hostel. Secure, organized, fun. Great breakfast for a few Euro. Nice common areas. Did the walking tour from here as well as Dachau and both were great. Super close to the Central Station. Only thing would be faster wifi, but it wasn't too bad. A great stay at Wombat's!

Staff was fantastic, happy hour at the bar not only a great deal but also fantastic to meet people. Only reason for "average" cleanliness is that there were mold spores on the roof of the bathroom (and must have been somewhere else) and I suffered a fairly bad allergy attack at the property as a result. It was not until the last day that I discovered the mold and put 2+2 together.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Also, I'm very sorry about this allergy! We'll check the room immediately. Despite the attack I hope you'll have a great time onwards. Happy travels!

This place has gone way down. Hostel is a dump. Wifi does not work. Nothing like the other wombats I've stayed at. Dirty bathrooms. Overpriced breakfast. No atmosphere everyone staring at phones waiting for wifi to work. Don't stay here! Also the bartender came up to me and slapped my shoe and told me not to put it on the table. Yeah....if you want a good time in Munich or at least good wifi, find another place. Bar sucks too

Thanks. I'm so sorry for you putting the shoes on the table. Self destruction will commence in 3...2...1...

The location right by the main train station can't be beat. It's very convenient for catching public transportation, sightseeing buses and the side trip to visit Neuschwanstein. The neighborhood is not great, but I never worried when my sister and I were out at night (we're women in our 60's). It's not a long walk to Marienplatz, locaion of the Glockenspiel and they were setting up a Christmas market when we left.

• 19th Nov 2014

WiFi would make you cry at times, it was painfully slow in the morning and the afternoon (when everyone was likely to be at the hostel) which was annoying when you are trying to plan stuff. I was travelling solo and found it hard to get talking to people compared to other hostels I have stayed in and the room layout for the 10 bed room didn't help when trying to get talking to your room mates.

Very well located and clean hostel! It also has a lot to offer! I really enjoyed the breakfast (good value for money) and the City tours are also cool! They are for free and at the end you give a tip. The security is very good (only the security of the luggage room could be improved - they let the people go in on their own...) The staff is good but they only do the necessary. I felt I was disturbing them by asking questions. I really enjoyed my stay and can recommend it :-)

난괜차나 한국어 잘해서좋다

• 18th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Wombats was a great place! Near some great things to see while visiting the town. Was a little dirty in some areas of the hostel, but nothing too bad. Very easy to meet fellow travelers, and it was just a great experience for myself. Would stay there again! Also loved the common room!

Loved my stay! So close to the heart of the city and righ by the international train station. Te common areas are amazing and super relaxing, and it was nice to have a sociable room (there was a picnic table in mine which was great! ). Great to have a locker to keep valuables in. Good brekkie although don't like having to pay for it. Overall had a great time and the staff were always really helpful and really friendly!!

Hi there! Who likes to pay? Welcome to the Age of Turbocapitalism! :) I'm sorry, that was mean. Seriously, we can't take less than that unless we'd raise the room rates. Which would su** frankly because then nobody could decide if they wanted breakfast or no. Munich is quite expensive unfortunately. Anyway, thanks a million for the flowers (as the saying goes in Germany)! :) Stay safe mate

Huge hostel! Great bar, great breakfast, great facilities. It's just missing a kitchen, but it's already explicit that won't be a kitchen for some policies in munich. Very close to the train station, that helps a lot when you carry a huge backpack. Staff is great!

Service mess

• 16th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Im not sure about this hostel' facilities.. If u want to stay this hostel ... hmm

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Always a pleasure staying here. Great staff who are always very helpful and friendly. More room space then any other hostel that I've been to, no cramming (at least regarding the 8 bed dorms and under) complete with a smart locker system, modern bathroom, large beds (I'm 6'4 and fit no worries) and even a picnic table. Just book in advance or you'll miss out!

it was perfect hostel. The location is very nearby the main station, and you can go main street by foot. And in the room, there are hair dryer and mirror. room and bed are very clean.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

it felt more like a business hostel than a traveler's hostel, as it was a bit difficult to meet people unless you go on the tours that leave from the lobby, which are pretty good and I highly Reccomend!

The dorm rooms themselves weren't all that but the lounge area was so cleverly thought out and the staff so friendly that I felt literally at home in Munich. A sign on one of the doors put a big smile on my face and another at reception made me laugh out loud. Being right next door to the Central station and the centre of the city, give and take a block, made staying at this hostel such a good choice and excellent value for money. I would recommend it to anybody.

• 14th Nov 2014

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm with a private bathroom. The room and bathroom were always clean when I got back from a day of sightseeing. The all you can eat breakfast price was cheap and the food options were always many! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The only downside is the horrible WiFi which rarely worked and if it did, only for a few minutes at a time.