Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

A good safe hostel in Munich. Very central location but it is a little bit dodgy at night so just be aware if you are a solo traveller. Only one major issue- the rooms were unbearably hot! Fans were provided but it just wasn't enough. Would be great if you aren't travelling in the height of summer.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! Don't worry too much, it may seem dodgy but it's pretty safe in Munich, even around here. If it gets too hot I can only advise you to open windows and doors as often as possible. Also, you can ask at reception if there's a second fan for you left. Might help a little. Take care & happy travels!

Overall pretty good. For the price I would've expected a little more (like functioning wifi and a better location) but I can't really complain. €4.30 breakfast was good and the staff were super helpful. You could probably find the same standard of hostel at a lower price.

Pros: Really helpful staff. Good clean hostel. Clean Toilets. Good wifi speed in the rooms. Safe lockers available. Cons: No Fans or AC in the room. It was too hot, but in all fairness i was visiting during the hottest time of the year. Definitely would love to stay in Wombats whenever I am there.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • India

A good hostel very well located right next to the main station. Large, clean and tidy rooms with good facilities, no AC during August made the 6 bed dorm very hot! The communal areas included a good bar with good prices and an indoor garden area which was great for cooling off. The lack of kitchen area may be a hindrance to some but there are a great range of cheap food places nearby, the only problem for me was that there was no where to fill water bottles which is important in 35 degrees!

Pleasant hostel with good facilities. The bathrooms are all ensuite. Unfortunately they are not well designed. The shower water comes all over the floor which made the bathroom gross by the time it was my turn to shower. The downstairs area is very nice. No airconditioning though, which makes it very hot in summer. The location is ideal, just a stones throw away from the central train station.

It's too hot. It's so hot you can barely sleep. They have air conditioning but they don't turn it on because they're maximising profits. I'm surprised people pay to sleep in such poor conditions. Did I mention that it is too hot? I would never come back.

Ahem. Really? Well, THANK YOU! I don't know where you got the information but THERE IS no aircon in our hostel apart from the wintergarden. Which is running constantly if you haven't noticed. But the loveliest part of your Evaluation, I find, was to - based on FALSE information - actually ACCUSE us of not turning it on in order to MAXIMIZE profit??!! Oh yeah, what a great strategy in the service industry. Please never come back and vent your misplaced political activism somewhere else.

This is one of the best hostel I have been!. People in the reception are very friendly and they will try to help you with anything. The location is excellent, 3 minute walk to the central station, I like the fact that there was a security person in the hostel walking around. The bar was really good and great atmosphere! I would stay again in this hostel and I would recommend anybody to stay here too!

It's clean and the room was big enough. It's close from the main station. Breakfast was quite expensive, but ok. They have big windows and safe.

Wombats is a decent chain of hostels and their Munich accommodation is no different. The rooms do get very hot, but otherwise I have no complaints.

This is a great hostel with a friendly atmosphere. The bar is great for socializing and it is a very short walk into the cultural center of the city. Giving each room its own bathroom seems good on paper but in reality it can lead to one having to rush with the thought that their 7 room mates might be waiting. I would have preferred if they had big bathrooms on each floor like most other hostels. The rooms themselves were quite spacious which was great.

Hi there! Thanks heaps for your comments! If there's a jam in the morning feel fre to get the key for our communal showers on the second floor. There are also additional toilets in the bar, on the first and third floor. Go for them! :)

Awesome hostel, definitely stay here. Feels like a college dorm atmosphere. Bar is huge and very loud, great drink deals and good place to meet ppl. More geared towards college age travellers. Also they dont allow outside alcohol but the bar is a great option

It is very clean. The rooms are a good size and everything is very safe and secure! The bar has a very inviting atmosphere, too. The staff are extra friendly and helpful.Tom, the hot Aussie guy at the reception was my favourite, he personally made my stay at Wombats a hundred times better! 10/10 would stay here when I go back to Munich!

The wifi needs to be improved but everything else was great.

Really well located and nice hostel! We spent the two nights in the bar and met cool people! I would definitely go back again as it was just a few minutes from the city center by feet! It was clean and the wifi worked well. There's also a cool place to chill with hammocks!

The staff is excellent, cheerful and helpful. There was a nice bar with billiard table, the atmosphare there was great duringthe night i have spent there. Security was excellent, was kinda weird to be honest. Everything locked. Negative: there was no parking space available for us. Seems like you need to book the parking at least 1 week in advance... so coming with a car as i did was pretty bad that way. The hostel is next to public transportations.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Israel

Ridiculously expensive! Great secure hostel however! Only downside is that I thought it was a bit lazy for customers to have to bring their bed sheets down!

I thought the hostel bar was a great addition to the hostel. The bar are cheap and the people were lively.

This is a big hostel with a really loud bar. It was clean and located right near the train station but not the best area. Not great for a solo traveler, probably better for a group or pair. Wifi was really bad.

I had the best breakfast in my travel life! The rooms are incredibly clean and the bar has cheap nice drinks.

Nice hostel, although bit pricy