Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

11997 Total Reviews

여기 호스텔은 한국사람들이면 거의 아는 곳이잖아요 그래서 고민도 안하고 했습니다 모든 것이 편하고 깔끔한편입니다 스탭도 좋고요 다만 주방시설없는 것이 불편했습니다

• 16th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

The only thing lacking here is a communal kitchen. Otherwise, a perfect property on every front.

The staff was great. Very helpful, friendly and open-minded people from all over the world but still with extensive knowledge about Munich. The small bench and table in the rooms is nice as well, made me feel comfortable. Maybe you should try to repair the coffee machine in the lobby... And it would be great if you could collaborate with a company that offers trips to Neuschwanstein and book guests on their tours. You could get the commission and people that travel alone can joing a tour group..

Hi there! Thanks very much for all your recommensations! Good job. Trying to repair our (second) coffee machine is like filling up a black hole. We are cursed. But we will laugh fate in the eye and keep on. ;) Are we not the shining crown of creation? -coughcough- We actually worked with a tour operator to Neuschwanstein but the company doesn't exist anymore. But we'll keep a weather eye for a new one. Always know where your towel is!

Really friendly staff, very friendly and helpful.

Excellent hostel, right next to the old town and to the main train station. The rooms are huge and the beds very good. The bar is a good place to start or finish the night. Bad points: for 3,80 Euro breakfast could be better, and the wifi really sucks, sometimes it's impossible to use.

Wombats has some parking places in the basement but these seemed to be taken by non-Wombats guests. But the staff came and sorted it out quickly - just put us in one of the rental places and said they'd take care of it. Other than that, no problems whatsoever. Breakfast was great, the room was clean and the hostel is close to the centre (not the best area but not too bad either).

• 15th Feb 2014

This is by far the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms are huge and everything is modern. The chill out area is just amazing! I was late for check out, however the staff was really friendly and there were no extra fees. Moreover their staff has great knowledge of munich and helped us organizing something for a rainy sunday. Cool music in the reception area ;)

really good breakfast, nice big hostel but not too big. the staff is really cool, feel like they are travelers too. I do recommend this hostel, they have a bar if you don't wana go to far too. And they have the best thing I havve ever seen in a hostel is a litle tablet next to each bed with a lith light underneath and a power socket for each and every single bed !!!

The hostel is awesome! Staff is awesome! Andy from the reception was the best! Thanks guys!

Compared to the Vienna and Budapest hostels where I have been, the one in Munich is more expensive and not as nice.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! The reason might be that Munich is the most expensive city of all the three. :) I LOVE to be a smart-arse. ;) Anyway, tastes are different but if there were certain things in particular that you didn't like then feel free to tell us: office@wombats-munich.de. We're always keen on improving our place. But please don't start with the guest kitchen...:) Cheers bro! Have a great time!

We only stayed here one night but I can't recall any issues that we had, the bar seemed really good for making friends. Breakfast was good but I feel they shouldn't be so strict on taking a roll to go! as long as people don't go crazy on it!

I have spent a great time in hostels The facilities are very good and clean hostel very convenient it was And there I met a lot of friends are able to get good information I want to come back if the opportunity However, after having checked out the laundry room was not available And this does not have a wide range of breakfast

• 8th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Great location just a short walking distance from the main train station. Hostel bar makes it easy to meet and talk with other hostelers, along with the rooms themselves!

This place is actually one of the best i've stayed in Europe. Each staff was super nice and wifi is free and accessible from every corner of the building. I will definitely visit again !

• 7th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

I must say my stay here at Wombats was much better than I expected. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable, the bar was great to meet new people and the locations right near the train station and fair walking distance to the main centre. Only faulty thing was the wifi as it kept cutting out and slowing it down but I'm not complaining about that. If I ever go back to Munich I will definitely stay here again.

Wifi is not great but so are most places in Munich we found. Other than that it's a really great hostel super close to the station and breakfast is great, worth the extra €3

Really good for a hostel. The wifi can be a bit slow at night but the staff are lovely, excellent location and clean

• 5th Feb 2014

I really liked it here only down side was the wifi was really bad, and when backpacking you need wifi to plan and book other places. Would go again.

LIAR!!! --- :) Just kidding. Thanks for your remark. Unfortunately we still experience performance cuts due to heavy traffic or whatever sometimes which cannot be undone. Until we will be unshackled from the chains of our old contract. Then we will enter the angelic realm of a super-duper glasfibre connection. It will be so fast that pages will pop up before you even contemplate about them. ;) ... Don't ask, maybe it's the weather. Happy travels!

just so-so, the room is big but the bathroom is very small and always occupied.

It was great to stay in this hostel cause all staff were kind and the facilities were in good condition. We also thought the breakfast was satisfying. GOOD to hang out with various people around the world too.

• 4th Feb 2014