Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Very good!

• 27th May 2015

Really nice hostel with great atmosphere. Nice big rooms, very clean, and easy to meet other travellers. Only problem is the wifi isn't very good.

I only stayed here one night, but it was a very nice hostel. Great location, right next to the train station, and nice bar, lounge area etc. for the price, a free breakfast would have been nice. otherwise I have no complaints!

Wombats is clean, close to the metro, and the staff was helpful. The bar was ok. Gets the job done.

Hah. Well, that's not what we're here for. I don't see any "Amazing!"'s or "Awesome"'s in your text. So if you have any suggestions how we could improve our performance feel free to let us know: office@wombats-munich.de. Thanks very much and may the odds be ever in your favour!

Great hostel! Great location! Would definitely stay here again. The bar downstairs was fun too

Very clean, almost luxurious for a hostel. They have a beautiful courtyard in the middle aswell. The rooms were SO hot! They only had two sub par fans for a big room. And we couldn't open up the windows because the courtyard was so loud. This was also at midnight/1am, so it's not as if it was at 9pm. Pretty disappointed with that, but other then that it was right beside train station and had all the other qualities you would be looking for!

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Everything was good except for the INTERNET ... WIFI you have 0 .. the poorest internet-wifi i ve ever experienced in a hostel . And we had pre paid german chip for the iphone from 02 company and it was horrible as well .. there ś better prepaid internet for iphone in 3rd world countries .. the only way we could do our internet tasks was going outside to look for a starbucks .

• 25th May 2015
  • Costa Rica

I hate O2, too. ;) We're working on it. ... Said Sissyphus, rolled up his sleeves and plunged his aura into the web... Thanks heaps for your rating and have a great connection onwards! :) Just joking...mwahaha

Everything was ideal... but the WIFI was absolute garbage. I've stayed in lots of hostels and this was by far the worst as far as WIFI goes. It wasn't just my phone, either. Everyone was complaining about it. You have full connection but you'd be damn lucky if you got a page to load.

Nice clean rooms and a lovely atmosphere, but some of the worst wifi I have ever experienced in a hostel.

The hostel is standard, with everything you need, but I wouldn't stay again. I can't put my finger on why (which isn't very helpful, I know), but there's just something off about it. You pay above average and you have to make up and strip your own bed linen, the wifi is terrible, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the bar had a pretty good atmosphere. Just a weird vibe in general.

Hi there! Thanks for your remarks! Of course I can't say something intelligent about the vibe since this is prone to subjectivity a lot. Until now it has been more or less standard to make and strip your own bed in a hostel. However, we will keep an eye open on how this will evolve in the near future. Always know where your towel is!

Only close to central station. Not a very nice location in relation to the city. But great for getting to/from transportation.

Good vibe.

This was my first stay at a hostel, and it was wonderful. I will definitely look for other Wombat hostels if I ever need a place to stay whilst on a European adventure.

• 24th May 2015

Wifi gets bogged down when everyone signs on which became very frustrating.

Brilliant bar open till late and good atmosphere! Woodys Stag 2015

• All Male Group, 31-40

Nice place and Nice team ! The breakfast is quite unbelievable !

• 23rd May 2015

Great value for money and really friendly people!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Scotland

Superb location, 5 minutes from Marianplatz. Clean, nice staff, nice atmosphere, bar is excellent to meet lovely and friendly people, to drink and enjoy the night (there was live music on Saturday). The "relaxing" area is amazing to spend time reading and sipping a glass of wine after a day exploring the city 😃😃😃

Location was convenient for the hauptbahnof and only a 20 minute walk from marirenplatz. It wasn't the safest looking area, but I had no trouble with anything. Rooms were clean and safe, the bar is an awesome place to hang out!

Everything was great apart from the location, felt very uncomfortable even during the day.