Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

The staffs are really kind and helpful, and the room is big and well facilited. The only problems are bathroom smells and the location makes people feel a little bit unsafe.

Really nice experience. Great location, atmosphere and breakfast.

Great hostel! Really good facilities, great rooms, great bar, everything just 100 meters from München Hauptbahnhof!

The location perfect super very near Munich hbf and 10 minutes walks to the city center. The atmosphere is pretty good and the staffs are very helpful. Unfortunately it happens to me that the wifi connection wasn't very smooth.

Given there are few options for Munich a big hostel like Wombat's isn't a bad choice. Obviously for its size it lacks a cosy atmosphere. However it is right across from the main train station. There's no kitchen, but there is a small fridge. The breakfast isn't free (annoying given there's no kitchen), but it is pretty good value for money, There are lockers in all the rooms and key card entry so security is good. However if you want a good sleep this hostel seems to attract part

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Yeeees, German authorities are quite adamant concerning kitchens when it comes to fire safety I'm afraid. But we're working on it! There is always hope, eh? Or: some bureaucrat is brooding over it. Slowly. Ever so slowly. But we like to keep the breakfast charge separate so people can decide if they want some or no. Otherwise we'd have to increase the room rate accordingly which is NOT sexy at all. :) Anyway, have a blast onwards!

Terrific location (the best). Awesome bar. Nice staff. An all around great experience in Munich!

The staff is very nice and they give a free drink at the bar :) The bathroom is good and the facilities are very likely the photos. The only thing I didn't like was the bed. They are ok, but every time you move they make an annoying sound. Not just mine, but everyone's bed. So during the night you will have an orchestra in your room.

• 26th Dec 2015

I was in a 6 person female room. The only complaint I have is that the cleaning person for two days was a man. In my opinion, if in a female room, you've reserved that room for a reason, and having a male come in the room felt like an invasion of that modesty. However, he did do a great job cleaning and cannot complain about the level of cleanliness of the hostel.

• 26th Dec 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! Hmmm, we never had that complaint before. But we'll think about it and see if we can work it into the work routine of our housekeeping. Thanks again and happy travels!

It's so hard for us to get hot water to boil at the lobby. There should be at least a water dispenser at the lobby as well.

Hi there, thank you for your rating. You can get tap water from the bar just around the corner. Or you can ask always the reception if you need any help.

It is written in the rules but it might be helpful to warn people at checkin personally that they should eat their own food somewhere in the common area and not in the rooms. This was annoying for me in the room. Very friendly and helpful staff, go on like this :)

• Turkey

Hello! :) Thank you for your comment. :) Yes you are right!! People shouldnt eat in the rooms. There are different reasons. Please let us know (also all the future guests who read this comment now). Next time if you see people eating in the rooms please let us know. We have a nice lobby area with tables. It is also possible to eat in our bar. But thank you anyway for your nice staff rating :) Hope to see you again.

The hostel was great! Location was perfect. Some of the people working at the front desk acted like they couldn't be bothered which is off putting when you're asking for help. Otherwise great atmosphere and lovely place.

Great for solo travellers who wants to make friends. the place is very comfortable. Appreciated the lockers inside the dorm. However there is only 1 toilet for 8 ppl so it was not convenient. Other than that the place was awesome. Loved the bar

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

We had great time at Munich and in Wombat's Youth Hostel. Everything was really good and the staff was super helpful! they helped us to find the place for returning rental cars. :) You can have great breakfast! and it's quiet and secured. right in front of th central station. :) Great place to be, i'll be back if i'm back to Munich. :)

• 24th Dec 2015
  • North Korea

Great bar, really easy to meet people.

Good hostel! It's huge so it's hard to meet people. although it seemed like one of the nights, it was a huge party in the common area. We were there around christmas and Germany is very traditional during xmas so there wasn't much to do, so that sucked. Our shower was clogged but they didn't fix it but they did give me keys to communal shower which was much nicer. Overall, it's a good clean hostel. The location is meh.. but right next to hbf station... which is in a sketchy location :/

Hi there! Thanks a lot for... sometimes I feel like a Marvinesque jukebox. Anyway, we did fix the shower in the meantime. At least there were no more complaints since our janitors invaded it. Sorry about that! Location eh? There are flipsides everywhere I look... how often shall I turn them? ;) Don't worry, sketchy but mostly harmless. Winter is coming!

Location is awesome - you never need to worry about getting lost.. just find a local station and head central! 99% of the staff are amazing - friendly, helpful and easy going (especially Munich locals). However, one guys at the reception was very rude. I was embarrassed that he was from the same country as me. Bar was 10/10 - awesome place to meet people!

Hi there! Thanks heaps for your remarks and I'm glad you liked it here! Sorry about your countryman though. We could request a nationality change for him. What about... Trinidad? ;) Joking. We'll talk to him. Normally he's not rude, he's just too cool for winter. :) May the force be with you always...

Absolutely loved my stay at this hostel. It was close to the train station and facilities were great. Would highly recommend this hostel for people who enjoy socialising and drinking as the hostel has its own pub. People drink and socialise every night. Only drawback is that it can be quite noisy and overwhelming for people who are not accustomed to this kind of atmosphere

The staff were extremely helpful and kind

Like many previous reviewers I experienced the horrid bathroom smell. I can't imagine what that would be like in warmer weather. You'd think with so many people complaining about it they would have addressed it by now. Also, there were a few rather predatory local men in the bar around closing time, not an issue for myself, but not what you'd hope for from a security staff that seemed more concerned about noise outside than safety inside.

Hello and thank you for your rating. Sorry if you felt uncomfortable because of some smell in the room. We already talked to the cleaners and the maintanance to check your former room from time to time because we didnt got any other complaint anymore. Just in case... please let us know next time and we always will find a solution to make you happy and to make sure you have a pleasant stay with us. All the best from Munich. Happy travels.