Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Since it was hot in the city, it was unbelievable hot in the room at night. No think of sleep. But in the winter it's nice in the hostel ;-)....in the middle of the city.

This hostel had one of the best buzzes I have seen so far in Europe! The bar staff were incredibly especially Ben! Staff at the reception were very helpful when it came to printing out boarding passes or various other tickets. Only downside which was a majority annoyance was that the wifi in the hostel is very poor and doesn't live up to the standard the rest of the wombats facilities and staff set. I would definitely suggest that this should be looked at!

• 27th Jun 2015

It was very nice location hostel!! But, if u want to sleep deeply, u shouldn't choose it. The bar on the even floor was very noisy in the ni ght. Except for bar, it was perfect.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

The wifi is horrible i could not connect to it at all

Wombats says they have WiFI. They should not as it is useless and rarely works. It would be better to simply say they don't have it so you don't waste your time trying go get it to work. It only worked for a few seconds at a time. Horrible!

• 25th Jun 2015

Hi there! Thanks for your criticism! Believe me, it wasn't always that bad. But during the last weeks it just deteriorated which is why we decided to change our provider. We're pressing hard but it might still take a while until all that is finished. Until then we can only apologize but: there is hope! Always... :) Have a great time onwards!

Just stayed for a night, the Hostel is great and very comfortable. Very clean. WomBar was great. The location cannot be better. Had a great time.

The hostel is a 15 min walk from the city centre which is very convenient! There are a few dodgy SIM card sellers that hang around outside the hostel, which is the only negative about the location. It's a pretty standard Wombas hostel. Decent wifi, good facilities, bar with cheap drinks. I'd recommend it

Really nice bar area great for meeting people and hanging out but the wifi is absolutely terrible ! Really need to have that sorted especially I sidering they offer Internet on the computer which didn't even work either. But staff were really lovely and helpful

I loved my stay here. Great value for money, I felt super secure. great location right next to the main train station as well. Wasn't too happy that the page advertises free breakfast and then you pay 4 euros for it, or that it costs an arm and a leg to wash clothes, but the place is very comfortable and well run. Would recommend for sure.

Wombats was a great place to stay in Munich. It was centrally located to the train station and all the sight seeing places around Munich, which was great for two people who keeps getting lost. The environment was great and the drink deals at the bar were even better!

Be confident about staying at any Wombats. Everything is top notch. I highly highly recommend. Very safe, very clean, excellent staff and awesome atmosphere. Thanks Wombats for an excellent time.

Stayed here 2 nights. The dorms and beds are nice, also it's really nice that the dorms each have their own bathroom! I thought the breakfast and coffee were worth the money. It's less than a 5 minute walk from the München Hbf train station, about 10 minutes from ZOB. HUGE perk! And about 15 minutes from the center part of Munich. My friend and I are 24, and I will say we felt older than most of the crowd in the hostel bar.

WiFi sucks. It's fine to pay deposit for hair dryer but they don't allow me to keep it during your stay so you have to take out money everytime if you want to use it. It's annoying since the lobby is not close to your room.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! The thing is that there are 300 people in the house and only a couple of hair dryers. So we can't rent them out to people for the entire length of their stay. I mean, even if we did buy a whole lot more there would be just no space to put them. Rather impractical I'm afraid. As for the wifi, we are aware of the situation and truely apologize! We'll change our provider a.s.a.p., there's no other way. Happy travels!

WiFi was very sporadisch

Great location and great atmosphere.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Staff was very helpful with places to go see. Room was great and the bar/outdoor area was a great place to hang out. I definitely will be staying here when I come back! As an older 20 and young 30 group we had no problem going to bed a bit earlier as well! Stay at Wombats !!

• 21st Jun 2015

Excellent hostel! Perfect being so close to main station, easy to get everywhere else. Well kept rooms and helpful, friendly staff. I'll definitely recommend Wombats to others!

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel is good for its close proximity to the train station and access to the Main Street. It's also reliably clean and has good bathrooms etc. however, they lack atmosphere being such a new hostel ie they don't have any common room where people can hang out if they're not wanting to drink. You're forced to hangout in your room if you're not in for a big night in the bar.

Hello from Munich! Thanks very much for your remarks. But could it actually be that you've completely missed out our wonderfully serene and peaceful wintergarden?? Oh my Flying Spaghetti Monster, let alone for that you have to come back! ;) Hang and stay loose!

Very good hostel, i wold definitely recommend this. I liked it so much ive decided to try other locations

Great experience as usual. The only real issue I had was with the wifi, hopefully gets sorted as there were a few grumbles about it around the room.

Hi my lady! The only real issue we have is the wifi. :) Thanks very much for your remarks! Actually, after endless battles with our provider we decided to look for another one because there's just no improvement whatsoever. We're pressing hard but it might take a while until everything's locked up. Puleease be patient and until then we're trying everything we can to make it as usable for you guys as possible. May the odds be ever in our favour!