Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Brilliant place. Wonderful lounge area, bar, and unbelievably close to the HBF. Only drawback - my room had a single toilet that was in the same room as the shower, and there are no communal bathrooms available. Mornings got a little frantic, what with 10 people waiting to use the facilities and all.

Front desk queue was very long all the time Wifi signal is weak upstairs Cleaners came in before 10am Very roomy

Excelent place, such in good conditions, great facilities. Best hostel i've ever been. Wifi could be improved (intermitent signal).

A 10min walk from the centre but right next to the main train station. Unfortunately no cooking facilities however the rooms were excellent - large and clean. A bar downstairs that was popular in the evenings.

Hi from Munich! Yep. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Unfortunately it is chronic and there will be no solution until the world is changed and German bureaucracy too. Aaaaanyway the matter of aching fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy! :)

Staff were able to help me with a urgent accommodation request. Location is fantastic, bar was great and the people I met were lovely. Will return!

• 13th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel! My boyfriend and I spent a few nights here, and right away the staff was great. They provide tours, tips and advice. As soon as we got there we were recommended with a great restaurant. The rooms are spacious and clean. The area is good - walking distance to most things and the bar inside is great. However, I found there could be a bit of a sketchy crowd at nights, and one night heard people partying outside very late. The wifi could also be improved, but overall great stay.

I was surprised by the cleanliness of the hostel. It was better than some hotels that I've stayed. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. Maybe they could change the curtains because they let a lot of light into the room. They could also forbid to take food to the rooms because people can eat smelly things and left the room smelling bad for hours.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Chile

Hi there! Thanks very much for your kind words! We'll think about the curtains, again thanks for the hint. :) Actually we DO forbid any food in the rooms due to hygienic reasons. But some people just don't care very much. Please feel free to report to reception anytime about things like that. Always know where your towel is!

thanks for your kindness. I must remember your staff kindness. I recommend for your hostel to my friend who is Y.R.Moon. I am very convenience during your hostel. Thank you very much.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Pros: Nice breakfast, great location, nice bar. Cons: Cold shower, almost no water dropping of the shower, everyone in the bar wants to stay at the bar and no one goes out. -- For sure it's not the best option to stay in munich. -- About walking tour (if you not native english speaker you may have problems to understand that guy) -- Dachau tour - not that great for value, consider to go by itself.

Nice place. Had the feeling of a hostel chain, so you lack the "family" feel. Nice bar, and we were welcomed by a lovely, bubbly young lady which brightened our rainy day. Comfy, clean beds with an ensuite. Overall a comfortable place to rest your head.

woow, the stuff is so amazing and helpful. they printed out a document without ask for money and because i forgot my ID. they sent it to switzerland aswell without any extra cost (THANK YOU GUYS!)! its really everywhere clean! good beds, everybody has a bedlight. DREAM!

Really social Hostel, my favourite Wombats as a solo traveller! Plenty of things to do, I'd recommend the beer tour that starts in the Hostel, it's very good fun!

Stayed on the 5th floor which was a blessing and a curse. No point waiting for the slow elevator at times, so had to take a few stairs. It was nice and quiet up there though. Everything else was great.

Great bar, great atmosphere and quite nice rooms! Right across the road from the main train station

Wonderful place to stay at in Munich!

• 10th Aug 2014

The rooms are great with there own bathroom and big windows and large size they do get a bit stuffy though even with the windows open, wifi is really bad, you have to pay to use the computers which are really slow and we were VERY DISAPPOINTED as we asked reception if we had to sign up for beer garden tour the day before

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Since the complaints about our wifi increased during the last few weeks we'll check it -again- to see if we can improve the network. We had some start up problems with our renewed beer tour and are working feverishly to iron them out. I'm very sorry about that! Anyway, I hope you'll have a great time onwards. Stay safe & happy travels!

Great hostel, with lots of people to meet and a fun atmosphere. Free beer garden tour was a highlight, and staff were helpful whenever I had a question.

Very close to everything. Clean and nice rooms

Wombats hostel Munich has pretty much everything a traveller needs: comfy beds, relatively cheap breakfast, a bar, a laundry room, helpful staff, a nice lounge for chilling out and a good chance to get to know fellow travellers. We stayed in a twin private room and it was a bit over-prized (40e/person/night) especially when you could hear the loud noise on the street through our 1st floor window (had to sleep with earplugs on). But all in all it was a hostel I could recommend.

Great bar atmosphere. Really social! The bar is really fun at night, they even had a band play. There is a really cool chill out area too. Felt secure and nice rooms and beds. Great stay!