Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

I particularly appreciate the high security of the hostel. It makes me feel so safe. And the room (mine is a 6 bed female dorm) is so big that everybody has enough place for the luggage. It was a pity that I couldnt join the free walking tour since they have cancelled it on the day im ready to join. Last but not least, it would be better to included breakfast in the fee.

Wi-fi sucks

Wombats never fails to impress & per usual, this one was no different. The room was clean, spacious and relatively quiet (the hostel couldn't really be blamed for the lad noisily sucking air all night, now could they?) The bar was cool and the glassed in courtyard was perfect for a quiet drink with friends. Breakfast was phenomenal (though that coffee machine made me deeply regret quitting coffee. *sniff*). Staff was fun and just a bit cheeky. Perfect mix. Will visit again, m'dears!

Always know where your towel is... e.g. you could shove it into the rattling yawning mouth of his. :) Nooo, of course you don't do that. - I repeat: that is NOT an offical recommendation! It's just that I didn't have enough sleep myself last night. Anytime love. Thank you so much!

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Good quality!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Venezuela

It was an amazing stay, very friendly staff and awesome facilities.

• 29th Oct 2014

Is really good, clean and save, everything is in the area I went by walk to the main places for tourist :)

Friendly and helpful staff. Well designed, clean facilities with lockers in rooms and plugs beside all beds. Walking tour also great. This hostel doesn't have a kitchen (which I would have liked to prepare my own breskfast) but enjoyed my stay here and a few beers in the hostel bar.

Pretty great location right next to train station just seemed like some things weren't cleaned regularly

The staff are pretty non-interested in making conversation but friendly enough. Nice hostel/hotel feel, good bar, pretty good value for money. The wifi is TERRIBLE but I know they're working on it. Big rooms, nice bathrooms, hot showers, nothing to complain about, but you won't get a true "backpacker" feel from this place. Would recommend for a quick stopover as it's super close to the station, but wouldn't want to stay longer than a couple of nights.

the hostel was great but the staff was too sassy

• 28th Oct 2014

Please define "sassy"... ;) Just joking. Thanks very much for your rating! We'll educate our staff to be good boys and girls..."Hey Tom! Get the whip, will you! - Nooo, the spiky one. Cheers, mate!" I am very sorry about this. It's just I could not resist. Always know where your towel is!

Fun place, clean, nice bar, met some great people of the Walking Tour they offer. Wish they had a kitchen, more than one bathroom per 8 person room. Overall great experience

Hi from Munich! If the bathroom get crammed at times feel free to ask for the key to our communal ones at reception. :) And yes. The kitchen problem. It IS a shame I know. Anyway the matter of fact is that we're not allowed to have a kitchen due to fire safety regulations. Check. We're so sorry about that! Have some peanuts and take it easy! :)

Would love to have a kitchen here and then I would never leave :)

Everything was great, but the wifi was bad. It kept disconnecting and wasn't even strong enough to keep a skype call going for a few minutes. Please make the wifi signal stronger!

All the staff were fantastic, polite amd very helpful. To the stafg. Danke.

Good hostel, has everything there in terms of facilities and the indoor garden with the hammock is particularly cool. My locker didn't work though so I couldn't protect my valuables, and one of the staff members was pretty rude on my arrival. Otherwise, I did enjoy my stay there and found it very comfortable. Only a short walk into the centre of munich and perfect if arriving by train because it's right next to the hauptbahnof.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Sorry about the locker. Our janitors are on it. Also, we'll talk to our staff what the deal was on your arrival. Have a good one and take it easy!

Great place worth the money

Awesome hostel right in the heart of Munich! Loved my stay here. Good bar downstairs too!!

• 25th Oct 2014

The proximity to the main train station was a major convenience for us. It was really easy to connect from the airport on the way in and take the train out onwards for the rest of our journey. The bar was always lively and made for a good pre- and post-drinks spot. Our en-suite room was very clean and comfortable, with a lot of natural light from the patio.

The hostel was perfect: great location, clean, comfortable beds, nice people... nothing to complain! :)