Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

We had fun

• 23rd Jul 2014

Wifi strength was unsatisfactory. Hosetl was ill prepared for warm weather in the dorms, making it difficult to sleep. I was very impressed with the free map though. It was exceedingly useful.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! An unsatisfactory wifi is existential and has to prevail because otherwise the very fabric of the universe will crumble and then there will only be nothingness... which sometimes doesn't seem too bad to me though. But that is something completely different. - Aaaanyway, if one fan isn't enough please don't hesitate to ask for an adfditional one at reception. Stay safe & happy travels!

Good, Perfect. If i have to stay in Munhen, I really want to stay in Wombat

• South Korea

Staff was cute!

• South Korea

Really good hostel - I'd stay there again. Quite a lively bar so it's easy to meet people, but also quiet in the rooms so you can get some sleep; also a couple of good tours to go on (walking tour and Dachau). WiFi was pretty slow, but otherwise no complaints!

Good for younger backpackers. Very lively group of people :-)

• 22nd Jul 2014

Very clean and tidy. Really appreciated the hair dryer in the female dorm and the hostel map with restaurant and activity recommendations. Central location. Only stayed for one night; should have stayed longer!

The WiFi speed wasn't great, the rooms could do with air conditioning and the beer tour was perhaps a little early, but otherwise we loved our stay! Comfy beds, cheap bar and a great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! I just answered two other ratings about wifi and aircon so I don't want to be too redundant. ;) But I have to say a beer tour can NEVER be too early!! :) Prost!

Had a good time at this Wombats. Right near the station! You must go on the Dachau walking tour. The guide is phenomenal. Walking tour was pretty informative as well, but the beer garden tour was better. Lots of fun people and good atmosphere!

It is unfortunate that the hostel cannot have a kitchen, but this is not their fault due to Munich city laws. Other than that, everything was great.

Wombats is an incredibly clean, comfortable hostel, with a really great atmosphere thanks to the communal areas, the bar, and friendly staff. The hot water in my shower didn't work upon arrival but after telling staff it was fixed the next day. My only complaint really would be that the wifi was not very good!

• 20th Jul 2014

Pretty good hostel. But by far the worst staff of any hostel I stayed at in europe. All 3 staff members I dealt with were very unhelpful. When I checked into 6 person room I was with a family with small children. Not what anyone wants or expects feom a hostel. Despite this being against their own listed policy on website,, nobody at the front desk had any sympathy. They would not let me switch rooms. This really ruined my night. Best hhour special for sure. 5 dollar jugs of hofbrau . Best beer

Hi there! If you travel as a family it is best to inform us as soon as possible after booking so we are actually able to switch you to a quieter room. On the day of arrival most often it's not possible anymore because we're packed to the last bed. Have a good trip onwards!

Stayed here for two nights in a twin double private. Had a bathroom that was private as well. Everything was very clean and organized and really was just like a hotel. Great for students and young travelers and the floors were quiet and away from the bar as well. Totally recommend it. So close to the train station and you can take a train anywhere.

"and really was just like a hotel" THAT IS NOT A COMPLIMENT!!! ;) Just kidding. Thanks very much for the flowers! (as the saying goes here) Have a great time onwards!

The place is very well organized and the stuff is always nice and ready to help, the winter garden is just perfect!! Unluckly when I staid there I couldn't sleep so much cause there was a lot of confusion during the night, guys partying and slamming doors, but I don't know if it was just a case or standard atmosphere.

Hi there! Thanks very much for the flowers! (as we say in Germany :)) We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Excellent location close to Hauptbahnhof (train, metro and subway). Helpful staff, clean building.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff is friendly, the bar is fun, and the atmosphere is welcoming. So thankful we had a fan in our room too!! The tour guide to Dachau was phenomenal. The internet was a bit spotty at times, but it was free and in the rooms as well. Breakfast is a great value! I would stay here again.

The best hostel for a traveler who just get tired of long time train or plane! great location, near from the main train station. and there are so many good restaurant nearby. I don't have to take a long walk for searching food, and that is just for a exhausted traveler!

Ended up staying with a friend and they refunded me the whole thing!

Wombats is the best hostel that i've been. Your location is perfect, you can do almost everything by foot. The room is big, clean and the bed is really good. Has a bar in the back, everybody goes there for drinking and meting another persons. I loved this hostel, if you need stay in Munich, choose wombats.

Very convenient for transportation, but the neighbourhood didn't feel as safe as other areas for a woman walking alone after dark. Air conditioned atrium was really nice.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! Main station areas always seem a bit dodgy, true enough. But don't worry, Munich is one of the safest cities in Germany so even as a woman in this area you're not likely to be harrassed. Until now we never had any issues because of this. Always know where your towel is!