Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Wombats is a great hostel. It is one of the best places to know travellers and have a good night. It has a nice bar, great breakfast, rooms are quiet and clean. It has Big lockers that work with your card (no locks needed). It is at 200m from the station! Possibly one of the best places to stay.

We stayed in a six bed mixed room, for the 4 of us, and it was perfect! The lockers are big and every bed has it's own outlet. The rooms are clean and ours had a bathroom so it was everything we needed. Also the beds are super comfortable and you get clean sheet and towels! Breakfast is cheap and the bar at night is an easy place to make friends, plus the staff are hilarious. All in all a great hostel and I would 100% stay here again!

• 21st Feb 2015

We stayed at Wombat City for two nights in February and we loved it. The hostel room was bright and airy, the bar was busy each night and very cheap, €5 for a 1.5l beer during happy hour is always a bonus! The luggage storage room was really handy for us as we had a late train on our day of departure, we hung out in the communal room which is covered in bean bags and hammocks which was a great place to relax, especially while we nursed our sore heads after the aforementioned cheap beer....

The guys at the front desk can be jerks, but it was a great hostel. Rooms were clean, the city map had lots of great suggestions (make sure to go to Augustiner Stuben - best beer I have ever had), and the hostel bar was fun. A bit of a walk to major stuff, but almost everything is a bit of a walk in Munich.

poor wifi

• 19th Feb 2015

Wombats is great, the winter garden is perfect to hang out in at the end of the day with a beer. The main problem was that the fan for the bathroom was noisy even after the light had been switched off which could be an issue for people. There are bedside lights and powerpoints at each bed so no fighting for sockets.

Everything wsas good!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed. Amazing facilities, staff, and location. It is 2 minutes walking from the main station in Munich and just 10 minutes walking from the city center. The bar on the first floor has an unique atmosphere and it is great to meet new people!

Awesome place. Great atmosphere, staff, facilities, all super.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Wombats is a huge hostel chain and though it tries capture the experience, it is such a manufactured exp. It feels kind of fake. On the wombats website, it said there would be a kitchen, only to find in the tiny tiny tiny print that Munich is the only Wombats without a kitchen. This bothered me more than it should have. The rooms are decent, staff are good and it is a good location, but I lied to them when I said I'd check out the Wombats when I went to Vienna.

Nice place to crash for a couple of nights. Nerdy college vibe with a very multicultural crowd, typical of several other hostels in the area. Rooms, washrooms, bar and lobby are very average but location is great and the staff is fluent in English and quite efficient . All in a all, good value for money.

Excellent Hostel. Just a few minutes walk from train station HBH. Quiet for sleeping. Lovely modern clean decor. Friendly helpfull reception staff.

• 16th Feb 2015

The staff were always lazy and unwilling to help, seriously, it seemed like I was doing a favor staying there. Bar staff was even worse, and they even allow one of the girls who works there to bring it's dog inside, way to go. They have this awesome space inside with the hammocks, full of low life's and people who aren't even guests, so what's the point? Internet completely sucks and I definitely won't stay in any other wombat's in Europe.

This is not the hostel fault, but I stayed at a 6 bed dorm, and everybody woke up arround 7 and started making lots of noise, packing plastic bags and talking out loud. I repeatedly asked them to be quiet with a prolongued "SHHHH" but they were all japanese and I didn't have a translator with me. I guess SHH doesn't mean a thing in japanese.

It was a typical hostel. The wifi barely worked and they do not have a bar crawl. I´m not too sure if they wash the bedspreads because you only have to return the bedsheets at the end.

No good WiFi :(

Its a really good hostel if you plan to meet people and have fun. Rooms or beds arent big. The Breakfast is a bit expensive, but its ok. I payed cheaper hostels that included better breakfast. Here you are paying for its location and bar.

Wombats was amazing! It was literally right outside of central station - so easy to find! However, Euroyouth hostel was right down the street and it was $100 cheaper for the same amount of nights (2) and breakfast was free! The only thing I found nicer about wombats was that they had ensuite bathrooms attached to the private rooms instead of communal bathrooms.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great facilities, very clean, excellent atmosphere. Hands down my favorite hostel

• 13th Feb 2015

Great hostal! Great service! It is really well located, just by the main train station and right in downtown Munich!!! I would come back for sure!

• Colombia