Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Everything is above average. Yet I think the detailed direction on the website is a little misleading. It says turn right at the main entrance of the train station but actually I only have to cross the street right in front of the main entrance. Therefore I wasted a little while finding the right place.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Really, really enjoyed staying here! Favorite hostel on our trip! Not sure if it was just because of the World Cup, but definitely a great atmosphere every night! As far as breakfast went, price was very good and had a pretty good selection. The staff were great! A map was provided when we arrived with restaurant recommendations in the area and other activities to do. One complaint - Wombat affiliated tour provider for Dachau very knowledgeable but is biased against Americans. Not impressed!

Wombats is super near the hauptbahnhof. We didn't even have to take a train there, all we had to do was walk for 2 minutes. Great friendly atmosphere as well. It's a good hostel for people who like to socialize in crowds and meet lots of new people. Not to say that the hostel is very noisy, because the rooms are quite a distance away from the bar and social areas, so one can still sleep in peace. It was a good idea to have toilets separate from the showers, too.

Good location near Munich Hbf; didn't rate as excellent because the street feels a bit back-alley-ish (but is safe, as far as I could tell). Helpful staff, adapters available (deposit required), and plenty of charging ports for electronics. I wish the activity within the hostel had revolved a bit less around the bar and drinking. Beer is, of course, an important part of German culture, but it seemed that manu of the hostellers cared more about the nightlife than about anything cultural.

• 15th Jun 2014

Staff very helpful, nice common area and bar. Room are quite large and clean.

Very clean, close to all the main sites in Munich, fun bar and good breakfast.

Wombats is simply one of the best. only a few minute walk from munich hbf. easy walk to marenplatz etc. the staff is helpful and friendly. wifi is free and pretty fast. they showed all the world cup games. breakfast was pretty good as well. rooms clean, lockers large enough to fit my backpack. would stay again.

The Wombat was one of our favorite hostels to stay in. The location is great for being close to the train station, a little farther from the old part of the city, but Munich is very spread out anyways. The atmosphere within the hostel was very welcoming and lively. The bar was busy every night of the week including Sundays and Mondays! The other travelers were easy going and fun to hang out with at the bars - we met a lot of great people and were sad to leave when we did!

no kitchen, but great wiifi and great rooms

Great place. Fun and safe atmosphere.

• 13th Jun 2014

The location was great but staffs were extremely rude. Please i want them to learn something more to treat tourists well.

Quite noisy outside. But the room is clean and so convenient with a toilet inside. Very close from the train station.

Great place to stay, very helpful staff, lots of fun people to meet. Highly recommend it.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Perfect for my needs. Staff very helpful. Room was quiet. Great location.

• 11th Jun 2014

I was disappointed by this wombats compared to the quality of their other hostels. For the extremely high price they charge you here, they have some rude staff, the wifi does not work properly at all it is essentially non-existent (very difficult for solo backpackers), and the rooms are so uncomfortably hot you cannot sleep, no kitchen, no included breakfast. Well located near train station but also a very dodgy area! It is mostly nice but not worthy the money

Hi there! Well, what can I say. Munich IS quite more expensive than Berlin or Vienna so therefore our prices have to be higher. For that it's the safest city in Germany, even around the train station. If the rooms get too hot please feel free to ask for additional fans at reception. Breakfast is not included in any wombat's. We're not ALLOWED to have a kitchen. But we WILL talk to our staff about that matter and also try to improve our wifi. Sorry that we couldn't live to your expectations.

First impression: The hostel is in a pretty bad neighborhood...once inside, it was like a college frat house. Drunk party people everywhere...not that that's a terrible thing, but I don't think I was able to get a good night's sleep at all during my stay here. Otherwise, the rooms were clean (they have housekeeping come in daily), and the sheets and towels are free, plus a breakfast buffet for 4 Euros. Overall - I would NOT recommend staying here if you are looking for a quiet room.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! Well, areas around train stations are seldom very appealing. Having said that, Munich is one the safest cities in Germany, also here. :) We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards!

Showers should have a shelf in them for convieniance. No lift for the three days I was there

Great place. Second stay, and will stay again if in Munich!!

I stayed here with one of my friends for a few days. We met great people while we were here. Everything was clean and safe. The first morning we ate breakfast here but we did not think it was worth the price-little expensive.

• 11th Jun 2014

Place was very unclean. Staff was good, but seemed like they didn't have control over the place.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Well, I wouldn't go so far to say we have no control. In fact, there are quite a few construction works going on right now so that makes it not as clean as it could be in some areas. But be assured that our housekeeping does everything possible. Normally we time such things with our low season but this time it was not possible unfortunately. As soon as the works are finished it will be spotless again. Happy travels!