Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

11992 Total Reviews

Nice Atmosphere and clean rooms. Good choice. I had a great time :)

I had a great stay: the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are amazingly clean, and there is a generally good vibe in the hostel. My only remark would be that, in the impossibility of fitting in a kitchen, perhaps you could make a sink with basic kitchen utensils (e.g. chopping board, knives, plates) available so that one could at least make a salad. Alternatively, a wider choice of food at the bar could be a solution. Other than that it's an awesome hostel!

If you're in Munich, Wombat's hostel is the place to be. On arrival, we were "upgraded" to a 6 bed dorm from the 8 bed dorm, we'd reserved! The breakfast was great and cheap as well. There's a really neat hang-out space with lots of light, plants and comfy couches, hammocks, and chairs. The staff was really friendly and helpful and had great vibes. Overall, really great experience! Loved it, and will recommend Wombat's to anyone traveling to Munich!

• 30th Jan 2014

Card key door opening, Card key aided lockers exist each of dorms, Key point is no additional fee paying by Card!

I spent 2 nights in the Hostel. The room was clean, I meet nice girls with who I was sharing the bedroom. In the room, there was a bathroom with toilets and a really clean shower. As the room was full, 6 personnes, I tried to use the showers in my corridor but unfortunatly, I couldn't use them and it's a pitty because I don't know why. Otherwise it was good.

• 30th Jan 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! If you want to use the communal showers in the hallway please ask at reception. For a small deposit they'll give you the keys. :) Have great time onwards!

Very nice bar, staff, location, etc. It's very easy and quick to arrive in the hostel from the Hauptbahnhof.

• 29th Jan 2014

Included in the cost: sheets, towel, & a hair dryer in the ladies dorms. The locker is operated by a key card so no separate lock required. The hostel rooms are cleaned everyday - floors, shower etc - which is nice when you are staying in a mixed dorm. This is the cleanest hostel I've stayed in by far. The bunk beds are a bit rickety and climbing into the top bunk was odd. The bed itself I found incredibly uncomfortable so i didn't sleep much. Breakfast for €4 was reflective of the price.

Hostel is not a pub..... Everything was perfect but this place was too much noisy.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Very clean and excellent enviroment. Cleaner came daily and cleaned properly toilets and room floor. Sitting area and lounge was very clean and pleasant. Location was best . There was no use of kitchen available.

very good location and friendly staff, good facilities. but wombar was very very noisy.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

My Bed was at by the exit door where the light is too bright and its not really easy to sleep. I suggest that you remove the beds from there and make it a small living room for the room. You ll loose on quantity but win on quality. Its a 10 people room and a cozy corner to seat sounds better that a bad place to sleep.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Greece

Hi! Thanks very much for the tipp! I'm not quite sure which light you mean but we'll definitely have a look into that. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

We had booked 2 private rooms with ensuites. Very clean, modern & comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic value and so was prices the in the bar.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Negative: Insufficient cleaning of the toilet room 209, bathroom smelly.

• 24th Jan 2014

Great hostel in convenient location. A bit over priced for 2 people in a double room.

• 23rd Jan 2014

excellent!

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • South Korea

wonderful location and excellent breakfast !

The best hostel in the world

• 21st Jan 2014

need more billiards

• 19th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The staff was amazing - they helped me with charging my phone after I lost my cable, helped me also to book a train and print out my ticket, and were great when I had to change plans and stay one more night at the hostel! Super friendly and very nice! I'll definitely reccommend Wombats!

Great hostel! Right next to the train station where tons of tours pick up from. Staff was friendly and helpful. Security was great and I felt very safe. Lockers in rooms that can only be opened with your room key card so no padlocks. The bar downstairs is a great time! Don't miss out! Breakfast is well worth the price! I would definitely stay here again!