Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Amazing hostel, but it is a party hostel so I know it's rude of me but I would suggest banning early check outs... Like I was up from 4:30-8 from people spending 3 hours of the morning to leave which tbh isn't the hostels fault like if you're a traveller leaving early pack your bag and your stuff at night! Common curtesy . Maybe they could book according to expected check out times? But seriously these girls were getting ready for 1.5 hours at 4:30am.. There's probably a way around this

Very nice, clean, and modern. Fun atmosphere and it's within close walking distance of the old town attractions, plenty of food and shopping, and Hauptbahnhof. However, because it is so close to Hauptbahnhof, I felt like I was about to be pickpocketed every time I stepped out the door. As a female travelling alone I was uncomfortable in the area outside the hostel after dark, but that's just the nature of many large stations.

I loved it at Wombats! Everyone is super helpful! The atmosphere is what makes it the best though! The bar is so much fun! we were there on a Monday and Tuesday when everything else closes early and we still had a great time at wombats! If you're old or don't like the party scene then don't stay here!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel was one of my favorites on my trip in Europe! If I ever do come back to Germany I will definitely come back to this hostel since everything was very met up to standards! I would also refer this hostel to anyone staying in the Munich area!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Spain

GREAT location! Right near the train station, which also means it is a lot closer to the center than anything west of it. I think I had to walk about 15minutes to Marienplatz, but it was along the street performing and touristy area anyways, so no problem. Also, great bar at night and a good, cheaper than normal buffet in the morning.

I can not figure out why my reservation booked overlap ; 2times, same data but I got a one reservation e-mail reception employee told me "we can't, you're too late, we help you to cancel 2day" ; I booked 3 days so I had to pay 1 day and 12% diposit and also I couldn't cancel and get a deposit

• 26th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

The staff and amenities were amazing. We had a great time. Thank you!

Well the staff was great but the outside noise was really bad. People were talking loudly late, at the hall.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

No doubt this isn't the first time they have heard this, but it took a while to figure out the locker system, but once I did, it was amazing! Well fitted out hostel, plug, shelf and light beside the bed. Rooms spacious, bright and lots of natural light. Bathroom was ok. No kitchen, but they do inform you of this before you book. Security was great, had to go through about 3 card entry doors to get to room. Staff super friendly and helpful. Wifi pretty much non existant, best go to a cafe!

Everything is good, just the wifi service. It's like having wifi service is the same as without wifi. Can't even connect or so slow even when going to the lobby.

Too expensive, and the rooms on level one and two are exposed to thumping beats of the club downstairs. Was convinced to buy the buffet breakfast because the coffee was meant to be good, but was awful, I drinkable. Can't believe I paid so much to stay here, would never stay here again, am so great fun I only had to stay 1 night!

This is right next to Munich HBF so it's really central and easy to find, the staff were great, they showed us everything cool on the map and gave good tips. The rooms were really good and clean. The bar at night is excellent as everyone goes there so it's really easy to make friends.

The staff were really friendly, we had a great stay.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Very good hostel with chilled out atmosphere. The outdoor communal area in the middle is just perfect with hammocks bean bags and mains electric which is perfect if you need to charge your phone. Did not want to leave that area. Rooms and beds were also clean, comfortable and spacious.

Nice location and kindly staffs,recommended!

Great hostel in the heart of Munich. Stated there many times.

The room was very hot and lacked aircon. If you opened tge window for air then you could here people yelling on the street all night. The bunk itself was comfortable but being on the top bunk, right in the corner with no aircon or breeze made it feel like a sauna so I got virtually no sleep for the 3 nights. The customer service via email and phone was great and they even helped fix up my stuff up with the booking process. The hostel bar was fun and hostel had ok wifi.

Stayed here in June and came back on a separate trip in July to stay here mainly because of its location in relation to the city centre and main train station. The only thing I can complain about is that the wifi is very poor no matter where you are in the hostel.

Amazing hostel, the bar is always pumping and beers flowing. Wifi is good and location is ideal, just near central train station and metro. Bars nearby also. only downside was no AC in rooms and it was super hot. would return in an instant

Clean very well run hostel