Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

no real policing of noise making after the advertised quiet time. kept awake by people on the opposite balcony (within the hostel) at 4:00 am. had to take matters into out own hands.

Very nice. Very pleasant. Lovely bar. Only problems were the rooms being very warm and the internet being unreliable. Otherwise great.

• 9th Jun 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! If the rooms get too hot please feel free to ask at reception for an additional fan. They will help you out gladly. Unfortunately our wifi-connection is the best we can get right now but if many people use it at the same time there still seem to be shortages. We'll keep a weather eye out! Have a great time onwards!

When I first arrived, there were too many people in my room, so I didn't have bed. The front desk guy promptly fixed this, and gave me several free drink vouchers to make up for the inconvenience, which I didn't use (only a 0.2 l pilsner? In Munich!?!). The wifi was down all morning, so that hurt my day plans. The breakfast was good, but should've been included in the price of the room, which is higher than most places I've stayed.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your elaborate rating. So let me get this straight... you didn't use our free welcome drinks because - they were too small? - ... Right... Anyway, we'll check the wifi situation. Have fun onwards!

You guys were awesome! You shared internet codes as needed. The internet was somewhat reliable, but best in common areas, which could need improvement.

Wombats is perfect choice if you plan to visit Munich! It takes you only 5 minutes by walking to get to Munich's train station. Overall facilities are in good condition, rooms are nicely cleaned. In addition, they offer welcome drink! And their buffet breakfast costs only 3.90 Euro/person! Let say Wombats offer more than I expected! Will definitely stay here again if I come back to Munich.

Really cool hostel!!! enjoyed our stay here. Breakfast is a major plus, really sets you up for the day. private ensuite room was big and we also got a balcony too. It was very clean and room itself is cleaned daily too! The majority of the staff were really helpful, however when we arrived the Guy working at reception was very unhelpful, and didnt appear to want to have to answer questions. When we returned that afternoon to check in and get our room however, the staff were great!!

No kitchen but the breakfast was great! bit of a seedy location but not far from the city centre.

Cheap but loud night spent here June 2014. Accommodations were fine but I probably won't return.

Great location, helpful staff. Wi-fi works well enough in rooms but worthless in downstairs common errors. I didn't personally meet many people here, though obviously your experience will vary. There are at least two other hostels on the same street, also with their own bars, so you have a few options if the Wombat bar doesn't work out for you. Breakfast is a good deal, facilities were clean, storage lockers provided.

Got absolutely attacked by bed bugs here! Stayed for 7 nights and half way through complained to staff and was told it was probably mosquitos, seeing as theres no screens on the windows. On our last night was moved to another room and given drink tickets, judging by how covered I was in bites the bed I was in must've been really infested. Rooms are super hot with 1 fan for up to 10 people, cool bar and hangout area though, and really good brekky. Some staff were super helpful, central location.

Good bar, excellent staff, but the wifi / internet worked very poorly.. Dropouts were very frequent and at times the internet was completely unusable.

Great hostel. Awsome atmosphere, great location, comfy beds and good showers.

Loved the place but be careful not to arrive before check in at 2 pm. Staff is unpleasant, but you can't beat the location, facilities, bar and rooms.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We'll have a chat with our staff about this since this is not the first complaint within a short time frame. Anyway, of course you can always ARRIVE before 2pm but it's just not possible to check into the rooms until then due to cleaning. But you can always leave your luggage here if you want to explore or simply crash in one of our cosy hammocks in the wintergarden. ;) Stay safe & happy travels!

The 6 bed mixed dom is extremely large, even with a brench inside. Everyone has his own light and electric sockrt. The staff are nice and amswer any questions. Toilet inside yhe room, very convenient. Sometimes with noise from bar, but overall it is alright for such a good hostel.

Great reception staff. Welcome drink was a nice bonus. Nice breakfast (paid separately).

Great hostel conveniently located near the train station. Big and comfy with a great buzz around the place. Bar / common area is a great place to kick off (or finish) a night out on the town. There's also an enclosed courtyard with hammocks which is great to relax in and unwind. Breakfast not bad either. The place is reasonably clean and amenities are good. Security is good as well. Beer crawl tour run by an Aussie called James is pretty good as well. Do recomend.

It was incredibly loud late into the night/morning. Facilities were fine, but not good for someone whose goal is to sleep and see the city (not party in a hostel all night.)

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Staff was pretty rude

Keep up the good job! The staff was a top-notch. Thank you Krissy!

Thanks for the lovely comment! It was great having you at Wombats Munich! Happy travels!!! Chrissy

Friendly staff Near housebanhof