Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Very clean and well run hostel. Would stay at a Wombat's again.

• 13th Apr 2015

Good location best value

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel is very good!!! very clean, location is very good, staff is nice. They even have a free drink voucher, nice! people there were very nice, big common area and bar, good place to meet friends. Only 1 thing not good, was the WIFI connection....

Room and hostel itself were nice, clean and secure. The hostel reception were both rude off the bat for no reason. They had a smug don't care attitude toward us. And there were way to many drunk men walking about.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! Unfortunately drunk men and hostels seem to correlate quite a bit I'm afraid. ;) I am very sorry that you were let down by our staff. We already set up a meeting with everybody where we will discuss this matter. If you have any important details on that please feel free to let us know: office@wombats-munich.de. I hope you'll have a great time onwards!

Great stay at Wombat's, as always! Room a tad cramped, but clean. Very helpful staff and a nice ambience.

A very good hostel, the only problem is that it does not even have a microwave to cook food.

The toilet was broken in our original room. When we told the front desk staff, they immediately apologized, assigned us to another room, and gave us breakfast vouchers. Really appreciated the professionalism and immediate response. Our second room was very clean. Lockers are great- sturdy but easy to access- and breakfast was perfectly fine. This hostel is a good value for the price!

• 9th Apr 2015

The Wombat's chain is great. It's a little pricy for a private room but their cheap drinks more than make up for it! Second time I've been here and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Munich.

It's a nice hostel, but don't expect to get breakfast if you're 20 cents short.

Would have higher scores but internet is a NIGHTMARE.

Dude, you should have a look at our server... ;) Happy travels!

Great hostel. Good atmosphere for meeting people with a decent sized bar and little oasis with a hammock and other comfy seats on the ground floor. wifi struggled at night when a lot of people were on it but no problems to report!

Great place! The staff is wonderful and very friends, the atmosphere is awesome, and the location is great- right by the central station and only a 10-15 min walk to Marienplatz. We met some great people in the hostel bar and had a blast. I would highly recommend this hostel and will gladly return for my next stay.

Only stayed at Wombats for one quick night, but the location was great (less than 5 minutes to central train station of Munich), easy to find, clean, cool vibe, and helpful staff who answered all questions, and even called me by name! I didn't have the time to meet any other travelers as the stay was so short, but it definitely seemed possible for those looking to do so. Would definitely consider staying again on a longer stay in Munich next time.

Large, modern hostel close to the central train station. Cheap breakfast buffets and nighly bar, spacious lounge area and interesting city tours. I would come back.

Very cheap beer, especially with happy hour. Liked the courtyard area in the middle.

Really Nice. All staff is kind. Bar and lobby is good, too.

Very clean and well kept, location was average and staff wasn't very good. Tours were well done though and facilities were well maintained.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your remarks! We'll check back with our staff what the problem was but feel free to write us an e-mail: office@wombats-munich.de. The more details the more we can do. :) Have a great time onwards!

It was great! I will recommend it ND hopefully stay again.

Hopefully we'll have you back. :) Thanks for the flowers (as we say here) and happy travels!

Sarcastic front desk guy when checking out at the end about saying I can give him money if I store my luggage. But checking in with british girl was very friendly.

Really liked the common area. Didn't find it easy to meet people, even when I went to the bar both nights. That's probably not your fault... but it was weird because most places people randomly socialized a lot more.