Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Very good hostel in Munich. You won´t go wrong on this one.

I have stayed there for five nights.I don't like there is a bar because I heard my roommate was drunken consistently. I felt not safe to some extent. Although the common area is so beautiful, I didn't Stay because it is so cold. Hostel outside always has people surrounded,it made the door too narrow. It might be so strict for the hostel because apart from these, everything is fine. However, I would not recommend single girl staying there.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there! I'm very sorry that you felt uncomfortable during your stay here! Whenever your room-mates are bothering you please feel free to ask at reception for... assistance. ;) In the extreme case you cana lways Switch rooms if there is availability. Anyway, I hope you have a great trip onwards!

Hostel was clean and tidy but the Wifi did not work. Beds were super comfy. Breakfast was ok but you have to pay and for that price you can go to Goodfellows cafe and pay €2,70 for bagel and juice.

Helloooo! Thanks very much for your comment! And I am very sorry for what follows but I just couldn't resist... But is it all-you-can-eat? :) Also, we have -he takes a deep breath- coffeeplainorwith milk-tea-juice-water-hotchocolate-spreads-jelly-whitebread-darkbread-toasts-plainandstrawberryyoghurt-fruitsalad-ham-salami-cheese-THREEcheese-butter-milk. And cereals. As opposed to: bagel and juice. :):) ... Catch my drift? Valar morghulis!

This is by far my favourite place I've stayed so far. I'm a solo traveler and found this to be a great place! Super convenient location. I'd recommend this to people traveling in groups, as the bar in the hostel is a great place to hang out and the hostel is close to everything. For solo travellers, it's a big hostel and you can easily end up sitting alone in the bar surrounded by groups, so if you stay here be prepared to introduce yourself to others. Awesome place though. Loved it!

• 17th Dec 2014

Staff!!!!!!! What can I Say... Super super friendly and atmosphere was so amazing. Loved it. Close to maintain station.

All fine! Thanks!

• 16th Dec 2014

Staff was really kind and helpful and the atmosphere is great!

Everything was great. Free walking tour was nice and enjoyable. Met some great people, don't really have any complaints.

All perfect, but i didnt sleep very well, because it was too loud. The other guests weren't very thoughtful.

• 16th Dec 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime and kick some asses. ;) I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

The wifi is absolutely terrible so don't expect to look much up while you're there. The location is in a very touristy spot, but not too far from the Christmas markets. Very clean and comfortable for a few nights' stay.

Oh no?! The wifi didn't work? How could THAT happen?? ;) Just joking mate, gallow's humour you might call it. It is fascinating though how the world is tilting without wifi nowadays. I can only say we're on it hard but it might still take a while until we reach a solution as it seems. Cross fingers everybody! And may the odds be EVER in your favour!

Great stay but the hostel staff didn't give me a free welcome drink for some reason. He gave it to 2 girls that checked in before me :(

Hi there! I'm very sorry about your free drink!!! That IS a tragedy without any trace of irony. Of course it's not supposed to happen but sometimes in the frenzy of extreme checking-in it might slip through. In that case don't hesitate to ask for it and you might get two. ;) Happy travels!

The wifi is sometimes unstable, you have to keep reconnecting the server. But other things else is good, enjoy my stay there very much.

Wifi yes. Thank you!

3rd time staying here. place is awesome. the hostel bar is a great place to meet cool people and start the night. the only thing i didn't like were the bathrooms--the floors can get janky really fast.

The best hostel ever in terms of time value for money and service quality. Highly recommended to stay there. It's one of the best options for stay in Munich.

The only thing that needs improvement in the wifi signal. My friend and I needed to book hostels and trains for our next country to visit and even the connection on the Wombats desktops wouldn't work. But overall I highly recommended staying here. Very clean, very nice staff, and great breakfast and atmosphere

• 15th Dec 2014

Wifi huh... Wifiwifiwifiwifiwifiwifzzzzz-BOOOM!!! ... That - was my brain. No, of course not. How would I be able to write this? Without a brain? I'm no chicken... Where am I? ;) Thank you very much for your kind words! :) Winter is coming...

Good location next to main train station and not too far from city centre. 6 bed room with ensuite was clean, good to have lockers in room. Minor annoyance having to make bed on arrival, but overall good stay.

Please, work on fixing your wi-fi. Everything else is great!!

Despite the wifi isn't working for most of the times, everything is fine. During my stay there was only one computer working and it could barely function (you couldn't even visit the gmail page and the facebook page was in language that you totally won't understand). The location is very good being just five minutes to train station.

This hostel is a state of the art facility. Everything that a traveler needs is available. The most impressive and time saving feature is the card system which they use. A single card opens the front door, the rooms, and your personal locker inside the rooms. I found this system very efficient. Also the facilities are excellent. There are 2 elevators which is a very big plus. The location is close to the center of town.also various free walking tours depart from the hostel on a daily basis. good

Second time staying here, it's only gotten better. The wifi was a little choppy at times but having it available in the rooms is great. The tours are fantastic and well worth the money. Staff are super helpful. Only complaint, and it's a small one, is that staff in the bar were sometimes rude and inpatient. Otherwise this hostel has everything you could need.