Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Cool staff, good bar, nice reading and relaxing area in the middle of the ground floor. I enjoyed my stay there so much. I recommend it.

Great hostel! Loved the ensuite in the room and everything was very clean. Good location and atmosphere - the free drinks on arrival were appreciated and reception staff very helpful. Will be back :)

Stayed in both a large mixed dorm and a private room, and both were very clean and comfortable! We also went on the pub crawl and had a great time in the various beer gardens -- nice to not go club hopping for a change. Highly recommended! Props to the staff for switching our rooms around when asked, and returning my lost camera (by emailing me immediately before I could leave Munich!)

Not the cheapest place but it is very close to the main train station and includes a ton of information such as city maps, walking tours, tours to the Neuschwanstein Castle, etc However as a backpacker on a budget I do not appreciate that there are so much costs on top of relatively high price such as price to use their computers and breakfast. Although you really can get your moneys worth with their impressive all you can eat breakfast menu. Great atmosphere for young and social travellers.

This place is very good for young people, the bar, the breakfast and the locations. The shower is better than other hostels I stayed in this trip. Things like bed sheet and floor are all very clean. Euro 3.9 for breakfast, the food is quite nice.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Great location, great security. Front desk staff were pretty helpful, but seemed a little exasperated at times. The bar was packed at night, which was fun. The wifi was a little spotty, and the code given was only good for 2 devices. Since I was traveling with a friend, we could only have both our phones on the network, making booking things a pain since we couldn't use wifi on our laptops/tablets. Bathroom was located en suite, which was nice and clean. The room was very big for 6 people.

Thanks very much for your comments! Yeah, things can get pretty stressy at the front desk. Imagine literally 8 hours of only checking in people. And the same phrases over - and over - again. I'm not exaggerating but be sure that we always push our best out there! :) About the wifi codes: Dude! Just ask for another code at reception. They're free anyway so why limit them? ;) Next time, eh? Have a blast onwards!

It is good place :)

Amazing hostel!!!! A must Stay!!!!

I wish there had been a community kitchen, but overall a very nice place to stay. Love the free drink coupon!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in- and I've stayed in a lot! Staff very attentive, knowledgable, helpful etc. would definately stay here again should I return to Munich and If I know of anyone in the future going, I'll recommend wombats. The place and the people made my stay brilliant :)

This hostel has it all. Its location is great: you can walk to it from the Hauptbahnhof, which is one stop from the Munich fairgrounds where Oktoberfest is held. The security is good: you have to pass through 3 electronic locks to get to your room. The room has a locker that is coded to your keycard and fit my 75 liters of baggage. I rolled ensuite in a 6 bed. Bathroom was clean, fresh sheets provided were too. The bar was popping nightly. Staff were very helpful. Nice job all around!

Such a kickass hostel. Munich is also a beautiful city. There is a reason this hostel fills up quick so don't leave booking until the day before.

The hosts were very fun and friendly and the bar was great!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

simply the best I could have imagined for my 4 day stay in Munich: centrally located, helpful staff, nice hostel bar (Cannot comment on breakfast, judging from roommates' opinions it was very nice though), walking tours offered from hostel, nice recreational courtyard, very clean. I stayed in room 307, which is a 6-bed mixed dorm, with en-suite bathroom. Absolutely no complaints. Beware, you will have to leave some sort of ID at the check-in desk as a deposit, don't make it your student ID!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Really great hostel with a super great staff! I had a really nice stay and will stay here again! Super close to the metro and train station but so much within walking distance I didn't use it much. The staff always very helpful and fun. Breakfast was awesome and it was super clean!

Everything was good!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

1.good location, just across the central station(munich hbf) 2.staffs were kind, nice, friendly 3.good atmosphere, there's a bar on the ground floor. 4.breakfast is not included, 7.5euro per person. 5.generally, facility was nice, however little bit expensive.

• 4th Sep 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your quite... German rating! And for living up to prejudices. - :) Just joking! Sorry mate, I could resist. Just one little detail I have to rectify: breakfast is € 3.90 per person. :) But otherwise you are completely right. We ROCK! As we say in Germany: imagination too is education. ;) Stay safe & happy travels!

Very nice staff, maybe too early to check-out

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Calm to sleep, but with a nice bar and chill area. Staff friendly, fair price, good location... In short, recommended.

It's really close to the train station which is handy if you are interailing. Also short walk to the historic centre. There is a nice bar also. Only issue was the noise, my room was facing the Main Street and it is a bit of a back packet party spot and it was very loud all night so take ear plugs for when you're sleeping!

• 3rd Sep 2014