Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Good vibe.

This was my first stay at a hostel, and it was wonderful. I will definitely look for other Wombat hostels if I ever need a place to stay whilst on a European adventure.

• 24th May 2015

Wifi gets bogged down when everyone signs on which became very frustrating.

Brilliant bar open till late and good atmosphere! Woodys Stag 2015

• All Male Group, 31-40

Nice place and Nice team ! The breakfast is quite unbelievable !

• 23rd May 2015

Great value for money and really friendly people!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Scotland

Superb location, 5 minutes from Marianplatz. Clean, nice staff, nice atmosphere, bar is excellent to meet lovely and friendly people, to drink and enjoy the night (there was live music on Saturday). The "relaxing" area is amazing to spend time reading and sipping a glass of wine after a day exploring the city 😃😃😃

Location was convenient for the hauptbahnof and only a 20 minute walk from marirenplatz. It wasn't the safest looking area, but I had no trouble with anything. Rooms were clean and safe, the bar is an awesome place to hang out!

Everything was great apart from the location, felt very uncomfortable even during the day.

I've stayed in a double bed room!Really good hostel! Near the main train station, comfy beds, hot showers, clean, cheap and good breakfast! Helpful staff and a cool bar with cheap drinks!🍻🍻

I had a great time here, they have lift! So no worries guys...

Please invest in more bandwidth for your WiFi. Many of us had access to the WiFi but it would not work because of the many users. Many of my friends were in need of internet access for emergency issues in contacting their family members and could not. Furthermore, your only available internet access was one computer that happened to be down for the two days I was there.

This hostel has a great vibe to it and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we only had 1 night here but wish we could have stayed longer. Definetally worth the money.

Excellent security. Keycard access to room and locker. Front desk staffed 24 hours. All staff fluent in English. WiFi was occasionally spotty, but at least they have free WiFi. 24 laundry facilities.

Well...There is only one public wifi and it works reeeealy slow, and sometimes it doesn't work at all (during9-11pm). It's just 1mins walk from central station, that is convient, but at night, it's really noisy, I was waked up by shouting of some drunked people on the street even though I lived in the third floor. And one of the bed sheets doesn't fit my bed =(. But the staff is friendly and you also get one free drink from the hostel bar. But overall, it's just so so.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your rating! We're constantly trying to improve our wifi but that's quite a hard one. BUT! There is always hope. We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. Again. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please feel free to report to the front desk anytime. They’ll be happy to help you out. Stay safe & happy travels!

GOOD RESPONSIVE STAFF WILLING TO HELP AND GUIDE

• 19th May 2015
  • Singapore

This was the second wombats I stayed at and it was still a very pleasant experience but the rooms were very small and it wasn't as clean as the other one I was at. The breakfast is totally worth the extra money. Great location. 10 minute walk to most of the main beer halls and 1 minute from the train station. The free walking tour from the hostel was great and the dachau concentration camp tour was well worth the €22.

Great, great, great!

The only thing I couldn't figure out was where/how to get towels.

• 19th May 2015

very easy..wo have towels on reception. Just come here and ask. They are fresh, clean and free to rent :)

One of the best atmospheres for a hostel I've stayed in! Great character in the decor, the layout, and (most importantly) the guest services. The only problem was in actually sleeping: the rooms were warm, but opening a window meant hearing the screaming from the bars down below.

• 18th May 2015