Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Wombats delivers! Doesn't matter which city you're in but it's a brilliant, warm, clean and hospitable feeling each time. Love the Wombar and drink specials - great catalysts for meeting other travellers :) Would highly recommend!

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Ultra clean rooms. excellent atmosphere, immediately when I entered the room I felt welcome by the people I was sharing with. Excellent security. Really helpful staff.Free drink voucher when you check in. I never personally made it to the bar on site but it always seemed to be busy. Really close to train station and just down the road is the Marienplatz. 15 minute was to hofbrauhaus was also excellent. Would 100% stay at a wombats location again.

I absolutely loved this hostel! The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, the hostel is in a great location and is very clean and new, and the bar serves good food and drinks at very reasonable prices! It's a very social and young hostel, which made it easy to meet other travelers.

Wombarts perfectly cater for when you're in the mood to have a chat/drink some beer and make new friends and for those times need a few moments alone, you can lay in a hammock, browse the Internet and sleep. Staff were friendly and located right next to the train station made it so easy for me. The. bed sheets were new and clean and no deposit needed for towels

They are not allowed to have a guest kitchen, otherwise everything is available. No complaints !

First time to stay in hostel, however, i have to tell that wombats is a cool place ever. They have such a friendly staff. The room is clean and safe. Breakfast is worth the money. I would definitely go back again.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • nannada07
  • Thailand

BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Facilities were highly secure and clean. Location was perfect, a quick walk from all the main central city sights and right near the trams to take you farther away from the city center. Really cool fun atmosphere.

Decent time, can't get a better location for the train station. The staff weren't helpful at all or even very friendly. Locker in the dorms, but ours didn't work. The lack of kitchen is definitely a bummer, so it seems reasonable that for the cost of a dorm bed in a fairly large room breakfast would be included. I'd stay again if I needed to, but would look into other options first.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comments! We already fixed the locker in the meantime, I'm very sorry that it didn't work when you were there. Also, we apologize for the behaviour of our staff. We will instruct them immediately! You have a point about breakfast but the problem is that if we'd include breakfast we'd have to charge more accordingly for the overall stay. So we decided to keep that separate so guests may decide for themselves if they want breakfast. Stay safe & happy travels!

Traurig, dass ein Teil des Personal nicht wirklich deutsch sprechen kann obwohl das Hostel in diesem Land ist.

• 17th Oct 2015

I had an amazing there. Last year I went to the wombats hostel in Berlin. We just fell in love with it, that's why I decided to come to you in Munich. The staff is lovely, everything is clean. And I had crazy nights at the bar!! Loved it!

I really enjoyed staying here. Multiple card access points and the lockers were also key card accessible. The location is right next to the munchen central station and everything is walking distance away. I would stay here again.

Need free towels

Have free towels. If you ask reception. With a smile.... a BIG smile... ;)

Great sized clean rooms. Handy to major sites and public transport.

I really liked the hostel it's clean, cozy and has nice helpful stuff. I chose it for its location, as it's really close to both the Hupbahnhof and the historical center. Of course, the area near the station doesn't look as neat as the other parts of the city but it's safe. I highly recommend their free city tour they have a really nice tour-guide, who knows his job very well. Last but not least, they have a free luggage room, personal lockers and a cross functional key for everything.

Fantastic and lovely atmosphere. Surely visit again.

This was my first ever hostel experience and I have to say it was a great one! While I didn't really know what to expect, I was very impressed with the security with swipe access specific to not only your floor but your own locker. The beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean, and the hang out area was nice. This hostel is quite big with a lot of people that appeared to be traveling together so it can be a bit more difficult for solo travels to meet people, but all-in-all, I enjoyed my time!

Definitely a "party hostel" but a respectful one. (The best kind) Good location, good facilities, I'd stay again if on vacation.

The central area for relaxing was very nice. The beds comfortable. The lockers were very confusing to use. And required skill to open. Location wasn't too exciting. Close to the main station.

The location is really central (hbf) and is only a 10 minute walk to city hall. The wifi was good. I really enjoyed free tour by Gordan tours. The bar is a good place to meet other travellers! Also, they have a really secure locker system. Overall, my stay was enjoyable and I would stay again.

Very well located near public transport and within walking distance of everything you wanted to see. Lockers were big and there were outlets and reading lights with all of the beds, which is always a nice feature. The people working there were never rude or anything, but there were a couple of times when they seemed annoyed that I was asking them questions. Overall I would definitely stay here again.