Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

During Oktoberfest, the value was terrific : 75e per night for a dorm bed not including breakfast! Otherwise nice staff and good ambiance at the bar!

We all really enjoyed our stay here. Great place, close to the festival & very clean and friendly.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Very clean and nice hostels. Organized website staff was friendly, hostels in great locations!

• 2nd Oct 2014

It was a nice place. Very clean and safe. The staff could be better but I imagine it was because of the Oktoberfest.

I actually liked this hostel but have a very negative point to add. I booked the room for 5 nights. I did not cancel within their window (had other accommodation come up). They charged me for 3 nights (72 hour cancel window) which irked me but whatever, it was my fault. I decided to stay at the hostel since I had paid for it. but on the third night when I came back they had double booked my bed and kicked me out even though I had paid for it! BE AWARE OF THEIR CANCELLATION POLICY!

Hi there! I'm glad you liked it here but I don't know where the problem or misunderstanding was. We charged you only for 2 nights according to our system so of course there is someone else in your room on the third. After talking to the nightshifter who tried to check you in you stated after some discussion about the no-show charge (which we didn't apply in the end) that you want to cancel every other night. Sooo.... ? Anyway, happy travels.

Upon arriving in my room very late at night, I noticed that it was overbooked and all the beds were taken. I had to get a staff member who then had to kick out a dude. Too much to handle at 2am during oktoberfest.

• 2nd Oct 2014

If I travel to Munich again I'll stay this hostel again.Hostel is very close to central station and you can alas walk Oktobefest area. Rooms are clean and big enough even for the 6 person. There is complementary drink at the hostel bar when you arrive which is so kind. Staff was ok but not the best ones.

A little noisy and crowded since October festival.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • China

My 3rd time and hope to come back

• 30th Sep 2014

Amazing place to meet new friends when traveling alone

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Always love staying with Wombats, second oktoberfest with them. Great security, big spacious rooms. Perfect location from the tents and train station. Will keep staying here every visit.

I stayed at this hostel for four nights during Oktoberfest and the best thing about this place was the location. It is right next to the main central train station, so it's very convenient. Also, the Oktoberfest park was just a 10 minute walk away, which was great, since after the festivities you don't want to be stumbling around all over the city trying to find your way home. The security was great. Key cards are used, and they also work on the huge lockers in the rooms.

Great hostel, great location and great staff. Stayed during Oktoberfest so the price was higher than usual but the dorm was big and modern also very clean which was a plus at this time of year! It would have been nice to see breakfast included at the higher price we paid.

Wombats was awesome. The staff was Great! The bar was great the security was good but not perfect.

• 29th Sep 2014

Great hostel! I had always heard good things in the past. Previously when staying at Oktoberfest I had stayed at Jaegers, which I liked, but the rooms and common areas were so much bigger here. Nice to have an ensuite bathroom, and a hall bathroom at your disposal. Was a little pricier for a hostel, but only because of Oktoberfest. Close walk to Oktoberfest park. Staff was very friendly and helpful, would certainly stay again.

I do reccomend this hostal. Its a great hostal and its very well located . They give new bed sheets on arrival. The bar is awesome. Staff members are helpful and the hostal in general is very clean...

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

I don't know if the problems were because the oktober. But the internet never works! NEVER!!! And the staff was rude sometimes. But if pay 70 euros for a bed, the festival can not be a excuse... The location is really good. The bar is amazing, and the rooms are the best i ve seem in a hostel

It was a great location and very friendly Sta ff specially Anna and Mathew at front desk. The room came with a safe luggage box plus flat sheets. It was a vee bi expensive $100 a day but Hey it was OCT 1st festival and it was hard to find a hotel in town. very close to HBF and also city center. If I go again to Munich I will go to this place again.

• 28th Sep 2014

Excellent location and facilities. Wifi was very poor in the evenings and this was a big let down since I was relying on wifi for some important matters. However, the rest of the stay was excellent.

Worst wifi ever!