Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Great, great, great!

The only thing I couldn't figure out was where/how to get towels.

• 19th May 2015

very easy..wo have towels on reception. Just come here and ask. They are fresh, clean and free to rent :)

One of the best atmospheres for a hostel I've stayed in! Great character in the decor, the layout, and (most importantly) the guest services. The only problem was in actually sleeping: the rooms were warm, but opening a window meant hearing the screaming from the bars down below.

• 18th May 2015

This was my first hostel experience and one that I had while traveling alone. The location is right near the train station which has both its benefits as well as some drawbacks. Overall the location is great with a short walk to Marienplatz and other central spots. The great thing about the hostel were the various tours that they offered leaving right from the spot. The staff also had great recommendations for things to do and places to eat. They were very helpful!

• 18th May 2015

Excellent security. Keycard access to room and locker. Locked luggage room . Front desk is staffed 24 hours. All staff speak fluent English. WiFi was occasionally spotty, but at least they have free WiFi. 24-hour laundry facilities. Excellent location near the train station and in the city center. Excellent hostel. No complaints.

Great hostel. Great facilities and really amazing atmosphere in the downstairs bar. Had a blast as a solo traveler - highly recommend.

Located 1 street over from the Munich train station. The hostel has a very nice terrace area with bean bags and hammocks. The bar is also very nice to hang out in. The staff is helpful. The only complaint is that the wifi is TERRIBLE. Do not expect to do anything important on the internet because you wont be able to. The staff advises you go to the top floor for the best wifi.

The location of the hostel couldn't be any better. It's close to the train/bus station and other places. The staff was really nice & helpful if you had any questions. The room itself was clean & pretty spacious. The only thing that bothered me was the loud noise at night.The breakfast was good but some more vegetables and some fruit would have been really nice. Overall I had a nice stay, met awesome people and can only really recommend this place.

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Staff are really helpful, I love the common area so much, and also the bar is great. Wifi in room can be better but is acceptable. I am gonna recommend this hostel to my friends.=)

The staff was very friendly and helpful entire time

Great location.

• Finland

Wombats 5eva! Dope hostel. That is all

Phew! I am certainly not able to keep up with this new young hip cool speach. At all! Are you referring to- drugs? -shock- No, I'm sorry, unfortunately we don't sell any. I think it is illegal here. Many things are. Germans like to keep it nice and clean. At least I am telling me that when I cry myself into a dark and oblivious sleep... ;) Just fooling around. Thanks a million for the flowers! (as we say here) Always know where your towel is!

We were three adults in our sixties and the whole experience was great. The reception crew was friendly and very helpful as were the bar and breakfast crew

• Mixed Group, 41+

pros: 1) good location near train station; 2) bed is comfortable , all facility are new and good ; 3) clean cons: 1) not really safe cos black guys are crowed at the street, 2) may have drunk guys yelling all the night

Poor wifi in the room

Great location, great staff, great atmosphere! The common areas of the hostel are my favorite! It is also a great place for meeting new friends/fellow travelers! It is also next to the main station and easy walking distance to Marienplatz. The 8-bed dorm I stayed at was very spacious! My only concern was I had a bit trouble accessing their Wifi, but other than that I highly recommend this hostel! Would definitely stay there again!

Great hostel, we loved everything! the location is perfect, it's only a two minutes walk to the train station. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff was super nice. We will definitely come back!

Very friendly, competent, and helpful staff. Great bar and social area in a really convenient location in the city.

• Wales
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Had a great stay at wombats! Perfect location for people wanting to get out the city as so close to station! The happy hour prices were insane and the staff were helpful. Would recommend to anyone and will stay in wombats if possible on future trips!

• 15th May 2015

Everything was perfect except for the internet. It was very slow sometimes or even non.

• Mexico