Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Nice twin private room

• 18th Dec 2015

My first time staying at a hostel and it was a great experience. Great atmosphere, clean room with comfortable bed & helpful staff.

Great hostel. Convenient location. Bar was good. Breakfast was good. Rooms were nice and clean as were the bathrooms. Beds were a bit squeaky.

The music was really loud at night and it made it hard for us to sleep. The rooms facing the social area tended to have open windows because it was so hot in the room but then the loud noise was let into the room.

• 18th Dec 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

This was our second stay at Wombat in Munich, and both times it was excellent. Thank you so much!

• 18th Dec 2015

The hostel had a great atmosphere and the staff were very nice and helpful. However, the lockers in the dorm rooms were not very intuitive to use on the first try.

The wi-fi was not working and the room is too hot, even during the winter!

Hi there! Thanks for your rating! We're very sorry about that. We'll check the temperature and wifi situation in your room right way. Have a great time!

Spacious enough rooms with ensuite! Right near the major train station so huge bonus for going in & out of Munich, only about a 15 minute walk from the central part of the city. The staff are always wiling to help out and give advice/directions! Would recommend this place as I believe its great value.

Excellent location, a two minute walk from the biggest station. Staff were helpful and friendly especially for a chain hostel. The lack of a kitchen is a bit annoying, however it's made very clear that there is none when booking. The shower was a bit of an issue, may have just been my room but the water did not drain properly and pooled up to my ankles when I was showering which was unhygienic and a little gross. Despite this, overall it's a nice hostel and worth the money.

Hi there! Thanks a bunch for your comments! Yep, it's more than a bit annoying to have no kitchen but we're again applying for one though fire safety regulations here are rather adamant. So it might take only a couple more centuries until German authorities will look at our papers. There is always hope. ;) We'll check the drainage in your bathroom a BIT quicker than that though. :) I'm very sorry about that! Always know where your towel is!

Loved everything about this place - location, staff, facilities were all excellent! I appreciated that the staff spoke English, and were always very helpful when I had questions. Thank you!

• 17th Dec 2015

Great hostel with a great vibe, cheap drinks, and located right across from the train station

I stayed at the Wombats Hostel in Munich for only one night but what I have seen, was great. The staff expected us very friendly. They accommodated us immediately, even though we arrived in the morning before the check-in. We joined a free sight-seeing tour which was lots of fun. Thanks Aidan :-). The dorm room was very clean, it had lockers for free as well, a table and benches for socialising within the room and an ensuite bathroom. It was a perfect stay. Thanks Wombats!

• 17th Dec 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. It was pretty well organized in general, people very nice at reception. May be too noisy in the bar and the hostel is so close to the train station which was something I needed.

Typical wombats. Cheap drinks, good staff, good party, good spot. Won't go wrong

I had a great stay, thank you. The room was nice and clean and so was the bathroom. I felt my luggage was secure in the lockers, once I figured out how to work them haha. I met lots of very nice people in the bar and enjoyed that I was walking distance to everything.

• 16th Dec 2015

Everything was clean and tidy. One bathroom for 8 people makes for a lot of waiting in the mornings and the staff tried to change me more than what hostelworld said but it got sorted in the end. Breakfast was quite good. Location was awesome - everything is walkable from it.

Hi there :) thank you for you comment. Just to let you know we do have extra showers and bathrooms on the floor as well. You can ask for the key at reception. All the best from Munich.

I really liked being able to hang out in the greenhouse they have. It was something quiet in the big city. The staff was very friendly and smiled when you talked with them!

• 16th Dec 2015

A little pricier than some other options in town, but generally well worth the money. The staff were all very helpful too.

Great place, another feather in the cap of the franchise.

Pretty clean. Amazingly helpful and friendly staff. This place is huge though which I didn't particularly like but the bar downstairs was great for meeting people. I loved the free drink coupon!