Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Good hostel centrally located

Staff were great. No real issues, except that it was quite noisy as we were there on a Saturday night.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Unfortunately, one thing that I miss you and 'a fully equipped kitchen for all. for me that I have a daughter celiac (only eat gluten-free) and 'very important for me .In Vienna the lounge i was very good for this.

excellent but a bit noisy

Centrally located, clean rooms, great atmosphere.

Great breakfast. Good showers, decent beds, each bed has own power socket and light. Location is near the main station, which is in the ghetto. Not a "small family-run hostel", but one of those goliaths filled with hipsters and guys on stag weekends. Front desk operated by your typical no-care-in-the-world, yet very friendly, traveller types. Very, very, noisy of an evening. Go here if you think you're cool and want to meet other people that like to say "dude" and "man" a lot.

Thou shalt not judge. :) Thanks very much for your rating! In the ghettoooo.... "Dude" (gnhnhnnn) if you want to see a ghetto go to Frankfurt. The terms Munich and ghetto are as compatible as Apple with... everything else. And I'm not showing off here! Munich could well do with a bit more "ghettosim". ;) Honestly, main station areas are always a bit dodgy, true enough, but don't worry. Munich is the safest citiy in Germany, which is one of the safest countries on the planet. Fare thee well!

Great personel at reception. I felt welcome. They were also very practicle. Room was clean. The Wombar was a bit noisy but as we were on the 5th floor that was not a problem. You might want to consider selling plush toy wombats by the way, they're cute! :-)

• 1st Aug 2014

Staff was always friendly and helpful. The 3.90€ breakfast was pretty good for the price. There were no hidden costs upon arrival. The station neighbourhood may not be glamourous but it's easy to get around the city from there. The rooms were large and tidy and the complementary lockers (with lock) were a great addition to the room.

Amazing place to discover Munich

On July 31 around 5 o'clock . I ask a staff at front desk (female, another guy was friendly) for wifi password. I said ' excuse me, may I have WIFI password?' The staff siad' please' I thought password is please. I was ready to leave, then she said 'you should say please, it's more polite.' who is more impolite?

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Hi there! Thank very much for your rating. We'll have a look into this. I'm sorry if you felt being treated in the wrong way. Have fun onwards!

Great hostel, very clean. Wasn't a fan of the location- in the middle of a very busy, multi-cultural area that felt a little unsafe. Otherwise very good and staff excellent.

Very comfortable hostel - almost like a hotel in its size (both overall and the rooms). The room was quite nice and spacious with an ensuite bathroom and big locker. Given the size, the atmosphere is a little lacking although can overcome this by hanging out in the bar. Very good place if you want to do your own thing, though solo travellers would have to make more of an effort to meet people

Location is perfect, just next to the train stations. Staffs are nice and helpful. Rooms are clean. The only bad thing is the WIFI, it does not work all the times.

Great Hostel in with a great atmosphere in a great place. highly recommend

Very expensive, but good location, clean and good sized lockers. Very unhelpful that you only get a locker if you have an id card to hand over though.

Had a great stay!

We had a great stay at Wonbats. The rooms are nice and BIG. There is a cosy common room with a nice atmosphere and a bar to have a good time. The only thing missing was a kitchen where we as backpackers could cook our own food.

best hostel in town! excellent place to be!

It's Wombat, and that's it's a warranty of a certain quality. But compared to, for example, the one at Vienna, Naschmarkt, this is definitely worse. Anyway, it's very good nonetheless.

As usual... Perfect.