Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

a very noisy location, no sound isolation from local all night hollers in the street

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Would recommend

I can't use wifi in your hostel

really the only thing to complain about was the shower. within a few seconds you were standing in water up to your ankles because the water did not flow off quickly enough. everything else was pure enjoyment in this hostel, during the next stay in munich i will certainly come back.

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi there! Thanks very much your rating and the good words! :) Our janitors will deal with the shower Situation instantly. You're most welcome back anytime! Stay safe & happy travels!

Great hostel in Munich. Easy to find with helpful staff that went the extra mile to help me out when I arrived. Very welcoming and clean facilities. And the room was good to. First hostel I've ever stayed in that had a table in the room. Great touch! Really really enjoyed my stay here and the staff on the bar were great for helping me improve my German skills! Highly recommended!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

It was nice stay at Munich. Actually, I had a terrible experience while I was staying. One US guy was kidding on me when I was sleeping. However, at the time I went down to reception, the staff was very kind and tried to compensate about it. :)

The worst wifi internet in the world! It's hard when you depend on that to plan the next steps of your trip. Awful. Great common area, delicious breakfast.

I very much enjoyed staying at the Wombats City Hostel. It had a very inviting, clean, and refreshing atmosphere. In addition, everyone gets a free drink at the bar which makes for a very social atmosphere and we had fun visiting with other guests, there was even live music the night we were there. I felt very safe and the location was really great as it was right next to the train station. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• 28th Feb 2015

Such a nice hostel! Great atmosphere! Super clean and very nice! Definitely skip the continental breakfast that's definitely not worth 4.50€ but other than that I loved my stay and everything about this place!

• 28th Feb 2015

The WIFI here is the worst I have ever had at any hostel. Other than that, everything is great!

Friendly staff. Centre location. Free drink when we arrived. Nothing to complain about. Would stay again.

One of the best hostel I've stayed at. Airy and large rooms, very nice common areas, terrific location, good facilities; I would definitely go back there again.

Everything is good expect the wifi does not work properly.

The set up for this hostel caters to travelers very well. Although check out is 10am they don't mind if you hang out in the common area all day. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is welcoming. The hostel bar is an easy way to meet other people. Recommend staying here, especially as a single traveler!

Overall, it was a good hostel, with a nice bar & cheap drinks, a nice common area, friendly staff. The place is super close to the central station, so it's quite convenient and easy to find. It's a bit of a walk to the main tourist area, but it's not too bad. Rooms are quite comfortable and spacious. It wasn't particularly amazing but was a good hostel and i don't really have any complaints :) The bar is nice!

Wombats is a great hostel. It is one of the best places to know travellers and have a good night. It has a nice bar, great breakfast, rooms are quiet and clean. It has Big lockers that work with your card (no locks needed). It is at 200m from the station! Possibly one of the best places to stay.

We stayed in a six bed mixed room, for the 4 of us, and it was perfect! The lockers are big and every bed has it's own outlet. The rooms are clean and ours had a bathroom so it was everything we needed. Also the beds are super comfortable and you get clean sheet and towels! Breakfast is cheap and the bar at night is an easy place to make friends, plus the staff are hilarious. All in all a great hostel and I would 100% stay here again!

• 21st Feb 2015

We stayed at Wombat City for two nights in February and we loved it. The hostel room was bright and airy, the bar was busy each night and very cheap, €5 for a 1.5l beer during happy hour is always a bonus! The luggage storage room was really handy for us as we had a late train on our day of departure, we hung out in the communal room which is covered in bean bags and hammocks which was a great place to relax, especially while we nursed our sore heads after the aforementioned cheap beer....

The guys at the front desk can be jerks, but it was a great hostel. Rooms were clean, the city map had lots of great suggestions (make sure to go to Augustiner Stuben - best beer I have ever had), and the hostel bar was fun. A bit of a walk to major stuff, but almost everything is a bit of a walk in Munich.

poor wifi