Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

Senefelderstrasse 1, Munich, Germany

Amazing hostel (super-friendly staff, unbeatable location, clean, warm, with a really nice common area), though the fact that the bathrooms were within the rooms themselves was pretty annoying -- trying to get six girls through one tiny bathroom in the morning is a huge pain, and having drunk vomiting roommates is also pretty terrible.

• 10th Dec 2014

Helloooo! Thanks very much for your comments! Speaking out of experience: consider yourself lucky that is was ONLY vomit. ;) Just kidding. If there's a jam up to Norway (beautiful I heard) in your bathroom please feel free to ask for the key to our communal bathrooms at reception. :) Stay safe & happy travels!

Breakfast was only 3.90 euros and everyone was super friendly! The only problem was that the music from the bar is super loud and it stays pretty loud until about 1 in the morning...but it's a big youth hostel; you have to expect that much.

• 10th Dec 2014

Hi there! Thanks very much for your comment! We'll talk to our night shifters about the noise. They’re in charge of keeping it down and therefore patrol the house every hour. But if the noise is still bothering you please don't hesitate to come down to reception. They’ll be happy to help you out anytime. I hope you’ll have a great time onwards! Happy travels!

Always a great stay here. Been back many times! Cleanliness really does set the standard, and the staff are so friendly and professional. I just wish they had a kitchen!

It was an incredible place to stay.

• 9th Dec 2014

Probably the best hostel I stayed on my trip. It is located right next to Munich's main station, so it is easy access to trains if leaving or going. We stayed in a 6 person room and it was spacious and had a large table, which was convenient when I wanted to use my laptop, and you know, sit down. The only negative I would say I had was that the Wi-Fi didn't work that well for me.

Great hostel in a great location. Bar is awesome with reasonably priced drinks and really good place to meet others. Rooms were clean with ensuite. Wifi was terrible but all in all a great few nights. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Very nice hostel, loved it, really clean and in a good location, will surely stay there next time!

• 7th Dec 2014

Great location near the main station in Munich with access to the whole city only a short walk and the staff are very polite and welcoming, bar staff will remember your drink very quickly and always served with a smile. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm room which was big with table to sit and chat with others staying the room, also the lockers were hard to get at first but were very safe for belongings. The 'outdoor' area which is actually indoors was great to chill out in or meet people in the bar.

Had a very good stay. Handy to central station and the zob is just a short walk. Supermarket etc very close. Facilities are good but no kitchen. Beds comfy, bathrooms excllent and clean. If you get a chance, jump on the castle tour-well worth it! Enjoy your free drink. Have fun :)

Great hostel with a fantastic bar downstairs. Excellent location, breakfast and facilities! Highly recommended

Best hostel stay we have ever had

After traveling for 5 months around Europe, NZ, Japan, I can safely say that hostels can't get better than this. The wifi connection is weas, but aside that- great atmosphere, amazing facilities. Good, reliable staff.

Friendly atmosphere and nice furniture. The setting is ideal if you just pass by Munich for one night, like me, and have a train early in the morning as it's 1-min walk from Munich Central station.

• 6th Dec 2014

Great location near train station. Although clean there was an unpleasant smell in the drains. One of the bathrooms was unusable because of it. I would stay here again.

I suggest wombats to all lonely travellers! Best location, 2 min walking to Hauptbhf, clean and friendly. Always full with good reason. Although, we should reconsider this sheet thing for those who check out before 6 am!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Greece

I had already been to Munich before but this was definitely the best hostel i have been in, the atmosphere is really cool, the place is well equipped, the personal is super nice and the bar is great! The lounge also was a very nice touch and of course, the breakfast was really good and inexpensive : ). All in all it was a great decision to stay at the Wombats. Very cool place to meet people also! you will not get bored : )

Two friends and I stayed in the room for 10 people and we only had two clean beds open. Without number assignments to the beds it is hard to determine whether a bed a free or not and there was a lot of confusion with that.

• 4th Dec 2014

Everything was generally ok, but we'd been around Germany and paid less for better accommodation (including in Berlin and Nuremberg). Breakfast for 3.90 was good value when you're out all day.

Really?? Dude, I paid even less in Indonesia! ;) Just joking, mate. But it's true, you need to have some perspective, and Munich is by and large one of the most expensive cities in Germany. So it's conservative economy-orientated opportunists here against left-wing militant tree huggers and candle blowers without a job in Berlin. So much for prejudices... but there's always a tiny seedling of truth, isn't there? Anyway, where was I? Thanks for your rating and: always know where your towel is! :)

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good bar and breakfast. Safe lockers in the rooms.

• 4th Dec 2014

This was a wonderful hostel. I stayed in the 6 person female room and it was clean and well equipped . The breakfast was worth it. Lots of options and tasty.