Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

A short little shelf in the shower would have been great.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Massive hostel located about 10 minutes walk from the inner city. Also, right next to a huge street market so it's really easy to get some fresh food (except on Sunday). Hostel bar is a nice place to chill and play pool. Seems like a hub for busabout and contiki tours , meaning huge groups coming and going. Like a hotel, but a big, nice, relatively cheap place to stay that's a bit more social.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's nicer than some hotels I've stayed in. I would recommend it to everyone. I'll definitely be back.

I had a great stay. The staff were extremely nice and let me check in early done my room was already ready. Then after I checked out I was allowed to chill out in the lobby and use the decent wifi until I was ready to leave. I'll be back in Vienna in a few weeks and I will stay here again. Also really close to the U bahn station.

Only stayed one night but it was a new, clean hostel with good facilities. The bar was packed but the lounge was pretty unsociable so a little hard for solo travellers to meet people but great location close to the metro, city centre and right next to naschmarkt.

Location is great, walkable distance to the Centre of the city. I used to see everything beeing cleaned everyday. Wifi in the room. Staff is polite and helpful. Beds are made of wood, which made me feel a little insecure climbing to the top, but nothing happened after all. I recommend it! :)

• 29th Jul 2015

I spent there 4 days and I can only be very happy to have choosen this hostel!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Good location and facilities, staff where not so friendly as other hostels. Ok for ins of two nights

I just can't describe enough how good this hostel is , it was really amazing , very very clean , very cozy , staff was extremely helpful and polite , had amazing common room and a cool bar and was very near to metro station

The only thing I can complain about this place is that breakfast isn't free (but then if you wake up at lunch time, that doesn't really matter) and that there isn't a computer available (but then there is free wifi and the staff will print your boarding passes fro free, so it doesn't really matter). It is incredibly clean and safe for such a big hostel and I would definitely recommend it.

This is definitely one of the better hostels we have stayed in. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bathroom was great.

Excellent hostel. Clean, helpful staff, big bedroom/bathroom, equipied kitchen, good breakfast for an honest price. The location is also really good: very close to a metro station and more or less 10 minutes walking from the center. There are lockers; plug and reading light next to the bed. But the best is the atmosphere, so many friendly people! If you're alone, you'll meet someone at the bar. I've been in a Wombats Hostel in Munich and that's why I chose it again: never disapoints!!!

amazing time, loved my private room!

Really nice hostel with good facilities. Great atmosphere - the bar was a really good place to meet fellow travellers! Our room was very clean and the staff were helpful. The all you can eat breakfast was also very good value for money at €4.50.

A cool hostel right next to the train station, a friendly and sociable vibe

I had a great time there! Really nice location, cool hostel, very clean and amazing staff =D I'll definitively will be back!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

...and we are looking forward to welcoming you back:-) your wombat´s Team:-))

During my stay my luggage was stolen from reception. I was expecting that somebody would contact me in terms of compensation or apology. But it doesn't happen.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Slovakia

Wombats is one of my top choices when staying in Vienna (the other is the Hostel Ruthensteiner). It's got a great location and the three and four person rooms have their own shower. They also have a washers & dryers, and a bar till 2am. There is also a low key common area, and the possibility for breakfast in the morning. During this particular visit, the weather was in the mid 90s, and Wombats has no air conditioning, so the building, along with the rest of Vienna, was sweltering.

Great stay and friendly atmosphere, the hostel bar is fun. So incredibly hot the few nights I stayed which I realize isn't the hostels fault - but some more fans in the rooms with a lot of people would have been really nice! Also a little hard to meet new people as a solo traveller in the bar , it's so loud it's had to approach people to talk, luckily I met people on the free walking tour and checked out the bar with them. Great hostel and location!

• 21st Jul 2015

Full of annoying drunk contiki-type Australians.

Thank you for your review! Yes, we had a lot of contikis here, but it will change next year/summer as the contract will be different. I hope that apart that, you were able to enjoy your stay in Vienna and our Hostel and we can welcome you again in one of our Hostels all around Europe!:-) Happy and safe travels, your wombat´s Team:-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7