Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Good location however its disappointing that the breakfast cost extra. Also annoyed that the staff tossed out my bag of groceries in the kitchen

Great stay- lovely private room. Great bar and social scene. Helpful staff. Location is great.

Had a pretty poor stay at this hostel but a vast majority of it was due to inconsiderate guest, and had nothing to do with the hostel itself. We had rude room mates who shouted at each other at 4am and we had things stolen and staff didn't seem to care. I know there's nothing they can do but some compassion would have been nice. Pros: location, fun bar with cheap drinks, free walking tour Cons: breakfast not included, have to make your own bed, kitchen too small for amount of guests

Best hostel I stayed thus far.

Friendly and helpful staffs. Good & convientent location! Clear room, safe security & bar. Nice Stay and will back again!

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Hong Kong

Positives: amazing shower. Fantastic pressure, very modern. Best I've had all trip. Negatives: Never a good thing to make travellers have to put their own sheets on the bed. At least you don't have to "buy" them here but still lazy and annoying on the hostels behalf to not do something so basic. Location is about 20 minutes walk from anything worth seeing and 30 minutes walk from the central station.

Pro's: big dining area; big rooms; clean rooms & well sound-proofed; comfy-lounge. Con's: unfriendly, unhelpful staff; small (and unclean) kitchen for size of hostel; no sink in toilet; had to walk through bar/main reception to kitchen; check in was unorganised; had to make own bed which was narrow and flimsy; awful storage space for BACKPACKERS; lounge area is in reception or dining room; lockers in the way of toilet - too crowded in mornings; price of laundry went up during stay?!

Everything here is nice, nothing to complain about. Breakfast is much exceed our expectation especially the choice of drinks and sauces. Location near to metro and you can walk to almost all tourist interest. Excellent hostel, will definitely stay in wombats again.

Wonderful hostel, absolutely no complaints. Great if you want to walk everywhere in Vienna, wonderful position and really helpful staff!

It was all wonderful!!!! The room was beautiful, the staff were friendly - I had a great time, and made some lifelong friends.

• 31st Jan 2016

Best hostel we've ever been to. Great in every aspect. We had the opportunity to stay in anorther Wombats in Munich and the quality was pretty much the same. Thank you guys for the pleasant stay!

Thats great to hear - thanks!

I would definitely recommend this hostel. the location can't get any better. The drinks in the bar are as cheap as they can come, and are very good !! The only downside is, that this is a very large hostel and if a large group is staying here, it makes it a bit harder to socialise with the other travellers in the bar.

Good and clean hostel right at the city center. Perfect location! It's a very big hostel so it might lack a bit of atmosphere if you traveling solo. Dorms are very spacious and commun areas vey comfortable.

Its very convenient to stay at your hostel. We like it very much

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

I stayed just one night at the hostel with my brother and loved it! The location is amazing and if I could, I would give the staff an 11 for how wonderful they were. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about what to see, etc. I would definitely return. It had a great vibe inside the hostel, although it is fairly large. Thanks again to Wombat's for an amazing stay. I hope to return on my next trip!

I love to stay in WOMBATS City Hostel Vienna at the Naschmarkt, because of its great location and friendly staff. I see, that an adventure is here better, than the rutine back at home.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

I can only agree and will apss on your kind words to the staff! All the best!

Noisy Dirty Not a guesthouse but a factory 1 tiny kitchen for 500 customers Very bad Wifi connection

• 28th Jan 2016
  • bo24

Hi, sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time here. Not really sure what to say as it sounds like you generally had a bad time. Safe travels none the less!

We had two sets of single bedsheets for a double bed - which was strange as we are a couple.

Everything was great except for the slow internet.

• 28th Jan 2016

Only here for 1 night but fairly good location, really clean and plenty of room in the dorm. I liked the reception area which had a really comfy atmosphere to it. Lockers were so secure I didn't even understand how to use them for the first half an hour.

Acutally you're not the first to not understand how the lockers work - maybe we should invest in some instructions on the lockers. All the best and thanks for the great review!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7