Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Was a bit uncomfy with the summer heat!

I was only here for one day and one night but I liked this hostel, especially the beds. So comfy and each had a light and a locker. The kitchen was also excellent. Despite it's reputation, I didn't think this hostel had much atmosphere. It was full of people chatting so it had a good vibe but because the hostel is so huge most people were in giant groups and not really trying to make friends.

I walked in the hostle bar and few seconds later get shot in the face with a water gun. Some drunk kid with 4 friends don't like that I give him attitude - this is because there is a sign on the wall that states that you might get wet. The front desk worker said it's hot and not a big deal. So it's allowed at Wombats. In all honesty I got terrible nightlife advice and it's set up for children on their parents money. Do Vienna differently.

This hostel is like a hotel, it's so huge! That's why the atmosphere is not so intimate. Clean and comfy, near to the city center and metro station.

Wombats was really great. We only stayed one night but it was a good one night. When you needed to sleep the rooms were very quiet. If you want to meet people, the lobby area and bar are perfect for that. The lobby area has a ton of space for laying down and waiting so that you may check in. The only problem I had was the lack of air conditioning. It was really hot when I stayed.

Great location! Great hostel and very clean but prepared for party crowds like contiki and busabout . May be too big to stay in if you're solo traveling or prefer to meet older people

The room I was in was roomy and had a bathroom. The hostel was clean and well organised. The breakfast was good and open early for travellers catching early morning transport.

Excellent place, you can get everything very easily. I highly recommend this place.

Great place. Lockers are big enough for all your stuff. Wifi is more or less good. Breakfast was overpriced, but the bar was a great place to hang out. I'd stay here again if I was in Vienna again.

Absolutely amazing hostel, we were stunned when we first walked in. The staff we're very helpful, and by each bed there was a plug and reading light. The reception had loads of cushions and seats where people are able to meet or just sleep if they can't get into their rooms yet. Great location, and I would recommend the free walking tour!

Best shower I've used in a hostel. En suite bathrooms are great

Great place to stay! Top location !

Nice and helpful staff, they handle problems good.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

The location is perfect, just facing the naschmarkt and beautiful Art Deco houses. We had a double bed room with our own bathroom which was great. Good value for money!

Thank you very much for your review, great that you had a great time in Vienna and our Hostel:-)

Just a perfect hostel!

Best hostel ever!! Top location, near the Naschmarkt. Very helpfull staff.. A really cool and friendly place to stay, with a bar in it!

Nice hostel in a good location. The wifi was a bit sporadic in the room, even though they say it works I. The whole building. Breakfast was a bit expensive given what it was (bread, yoghurt and cold cuts) but there are two supermarkets almost next door and a kitchen for guests to use.

It was a very nice and perfect stay!!! Thank you!!!

• 24th Jun 2015

My second time staying here and the staff remembered me. Managing since it is a huge hostel. Could perhaps do with some more washing facilities (since again there are so many people). Really cool hip bar in the hostel and the lobby has comfy space to relax. I love wombats!

Great hostel. Staff could be a little more friendly and welcoming

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7