Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Everything else is clean but the mattress, I was suspicious when I saw the mattress, however as I was given sheet and cover etc, I thought it would have been OK, however, I got bitten on my arms at the second night stay, it looks like bedbugs bite. although I got refunded for the second night stay, I had to through away some of my clothes as I am afraid of carrying the bugs home, after the hot wash and dryer, fingers crossed the bugs have been killed. it is just annoying.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • China

Well located and clean. Decent bar with pool table. Would stay again.

Great stay at the wombats at naschmarkt. Had previously stayed at the lounge in Vienna, and there was definitely a difference in attitudes, facilities and cleanliness despite both being Wombats hostels. Secure rooms with key card access, lockers were great and facilities were brilliant. I can't think of anything to fault this place.

Great place to stay! Next to a metro station, Near the market which has affordable food and a 20 min walk to the main areas in Vienna. The bathroom was clean and beds were comfy. We had the breakfast one morning and it was very thorough compared to other hostel breakfasts. Would stay here or at another Wombats again!

The rooms could be a bit cleaner and they don't need so much furniture in they.

Really really bad wifi

HUGE hostel. Walking in was a little overwhelming. Very crowded and young crowd. The front desk staff was very helpful in recommendations and directions. Was pleasantly surprised with the room. It was so clean and the community kitchen was wonderful! Good breakfast for the value as well.

I enjoyed my stay at the Naschmarkt hostel, I can't really fault it. It's very close to the city centre and you can easily travel around Vienna by taking the U-Bahn right next to the hostel. The staff were helpful and friendly. The bar on the ground floor is a nice place to socialise. The breakfast was nice and very good value.

Sadly, we checked into a room with bed bugs, after waking up covered in bites we notified reception staff. We were given coins to do our washing and a room change to a private suite. Staff handled the situation very well, which was great but made it clear that there is an ongoing issue with bed bugs at this hostel. Wifi good, bar and common area lack atmosphere, bar staff more interested in talking amongst themselves. Great location, spacious bedrooms.

Checkin staff are very friendly and helpful even providing me with information on my next destination.The hostel was very clean and is in an excellent location less than 5 mins of the Underground Line 4. The only negative were the bar staff who didn't really interact with the customers one to one they just served you and chatted amongst themselves.

• 14th Sep 2014

Superb in every respect with the exception of inconsistent WiFi service. The best Hostel we stayed at!

The main thing that let it down was it's location. Too far from the nicer centre and very close to a messy market, which when we arrived consisted of thousands of Broken items on the floor, covered in rubbish with the locals scrabbling round looking for scraps. The hostel itself was big and had a nice open space with a hammock for relaxing, a bar on one side with pool table, though we never went in - the atmosphere wasn't very in keeping with this, consisting more of families.

This is the second time we've been here, can't complain! Had a decent stay.

If you can provide towel would be good

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

Amazing atmosphere. I really do recomend. Nothing to complain. Just the breakfast should be included on the price, but even for €3,90 it's worth.

The communical kitchen could have been cleaned on a regular basis

• 12th Sep 2014

What I typically like about hostels is the ability to meet people. This requires the hostel to have a good common area where people can chat, chill, drink and just get along. Such an atmosphere was missing in this hostel. The bar was awesome, but then that's more of a bar and you typically don't go there during the day. Also, the main lobby seemed to lack that charm.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • India

It was 2 great days!!! The breakfast is awnsome, the bar was full of girls, the internet is relativily quick and the people were also attentive.

This is one of the best hostels that I have stayed in. The staff are excellent and is in great location.

Great location