Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Excellent Hostel!!

We loved this hostel, it was the best one we've been to since being in Europe. The atmosphere was great and both the staff and other guests were friendly and fun. Our room was really nice, more like a hotel than a hostel (we had a private double so I don't know about the forms but we were happy), the breakfast was good and cheap, the location next to the market was perfect and the walking tour was great too. We'd definitely stay here again.

Hostel was great.

everything as in hostel description! stayed in the female dorm, and access security was reall great: keycard for entering wing and room. even locker could be used with the personal keycard, no need to bring a lock. private shower and bathroom was really nice and very clean! blanket, pillow and mattress seemed a bit used, but as sheets were sealed and clean, this is just a minor fact, which i would not have recognised if the bed had already been prepared ;) was really calm at night!

The four-person ensuite is very large, with a price near as a normal mix dorm, so quite good value/money. Not only the public area (bar, surfing island, common place) is nice, it's also clearly separated from the rooms, so no disturb for people who need rest. Staff very willing and helpful. Location also quite good. All in all a big recommendation.

The Nashcmarkt is great but it's still at least a 15-20 minute walk away from other attractions. Vienna is pretty spread out so that is inevitable but it's just not the best possible location. Staff were friendly but busy, the bar and lobby area is great and rooms are very quiet. I stayed in a 6 person dorm and it was lovely, spread out and comfortable. Lockers are huge and key card operated. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Vienna (unless a place with a better location shows up)

There was some noise in the corridor after 10pm which stopped me from falling asleep. But they finished talking after a while and I did not report it.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Well located, staff very helpfull! would stay there again!

Cool place, all I needed was a cheap place to stay in while I was in Vienna (I came to see an opera). I received what I needed and much more! Wombats is a great hostel in Vienna and around the world. I recommend this hostel and other Wombat hostels as well.

Facilities are clean. I stayed in a 4 bed all female dorm room. Lockers and rooms are key operated, same card for both. Lockers and bathroom in the room. Bar in the building as well. The beds were wood framed which made noise going in and out, waking the person below me. The room door would open without a card which I reported right away when I found out. It wasn't a big deal because the place feels secured. It's across from market for cheap eats and 2-3 stops on metro for everything else.

Good: Location was very close to subway and right at the market, we got a free drink in the bar downstairs, staff were helpful, rooms were clean, we could leave our bags before/after check in free of charge. Bad: Price wasn't the cheapest for the room, plus we had to pay an extra €3.90 for breakfast. It did include a coffee machine that made cappuccino, espresso etc which was nearly worth it. The free walking tour also didn't take place (how often does that happen? hmm) Overall, very good

Very nice hostel with comfortable beds and nice location.

Massive big hostel with mainly the younger crowd. Clean with lockers in the room but don't expect any personal service ect. You are treated as a number here.

The hostel was nice and clean, with big spacious rooms. There was also a good atmosphere down at the bar in the evening and easy to meet people. Had a few problems with the staff and the wifi was absolutly bad.

Great hostel. Nice spacious room. Friendly staff. Great location. I will be back :)

Bed bugs!!!!!! Staff forgot to tell me and 2 other ppl that the room we were in was infested - I was only moved to a different room when I complained directly. Had to spend half a day washing everything and the dryerz weren't working properly. Great location though! Bed bugs aside, this place was ok but nothing special.

After staying in warm friendly hostels with a community feel, the staff and environment at this hostel was very cold and unwelcoming. You have to make your own bed, which I wasn't happy about after exhausting travel. I did not spend much time in the hostel but it was clean. The breakfast was weak, 4 euros for basically cereal, bread, and some old fruit. Not great. I will stay somewhere else next time I'm in Vienna.

Thanks for your feedback! We are a large hostel, but we try everything to make it as comfy as possible, e.g. by having beanie bags+a hammock in our common area, by having events in our bar, etc. Our breakfast costs 3,90€ and comprises: coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice, fruit, vegetables, 4 sorts of bread, eggs, salami, ham, cheese, jam, honey, nutella, peanut butter, meat spread, cornflakes, müsli, etc. A single coffee anywhere in town costs about 3,00€..just as comparison.

Central location by nachtmarkt and between Shoonbruun Palace and downtown. Great kitchen. Two supermarkets just next door. Wifi did not work in the dorm room, but worked well in the lobby. Huge hostel and clean and modern. Definitely worth it in Vienna. Enjoy!

Very nice sleep. Appreciate prompt response from the team.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • India

Thank you so much for everything. :) The staff was amazing, and upgraded my room gratis, which just made our day - for three days straight. Very, very, very impressed. :D

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • India

Thanks for the nice feedback; we are happy that you had a great time in Vienna and hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna. Safe travels The wombat´s team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7