Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

The room was nice and very spacious, although could have done with air conditioning as it was boiling when we stayed. Good facilities including laundry room and kitchen and a really good location. There was a great atmosphere, always lots of people to talk to in reception and the bar always lively in the evenings.

It would been good to have some more leaflets and flyers about Vienna and it's touristic sites. I was previously at the Wombats Budapest and there they had lots more useful information about walking tours, what to see in 24/72 hrs in Budapest etc. Also, I used the laundry facilities whilst I was at Wombats Vienna and whilst the washing machine was good, the dryer was a disappointing experience. It was very expensive, the first two I tried didn't work and my clothes weren't even dried properly.

Really enjoyed staying at Wombats! Stag are very friendly and helpful.

• 29th Aug 2015

It was great.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • China

Thank you very much for your review:-)

I thought it was a wonderful facility! It was centrally located and I was able to enjoy all of the major sistes in the city with a convent home base. The Hostel is very clean and the cleaning staff work very hard to maintain a clean environment. In terms of atmosphere everyone was nice and friendly. My concern is security, during my stay someone broke into a room and then broke into a locker and stole two laptops and peoples passports. While I felt safe and secure it was alarming.

Thank you very much for your feedback. About the break-in: yes, this was a bad incident, especially as it seems that it was a fellow traveller who broke the locker as the room door and everything else was intact, really sad that things like this happen:-( We are glad though that you enjoyed our facility, the cleanliness and atmosphere. Hope to welcome you soon again in ne of our Hostels all around Europe, your wombat´s Team:-)

Overall a really nice hostel. Room was clean, well laid out. You could rent or buy anything that you needed. And I really recommend the breakfast- best hostel breakfast I've ever had I think. One staff member was quite rude but that's just one person.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Great that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and we hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna:-) Happy and safe travels, your wombat´s team

Pros: good air con, very clean, Aldi next door, tube opposite, great cheap bar on site, great bathroom Cons: no ovens in kitchen, don't get told any advice on Vienna just given map Great hostel, can go have a party there or chill and not be disturbed too much. Thanks!

We were given a room that was in the 5th floor, with no courtains so that around five in the morning the light entered our room! Also, it was a really hot day and there was no way for us to open the windows.

Thank you very much for your feedback; we will immediately take a closer look into this matter and solve this problem, very sorry that it disturbed your sleep! We hope that-apart from that- you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and in Vienna!:-) Happy travels, your wmbat´s team

Clean rooms, good location, great atmosphere. Good deal for the low-budget traveler. The staff was helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the twin room was clean & spacious. There's a nice chilled vibe, lively in the evenings but not rowdy. The location is fine too, central enough with U-bahn very close & plenty of cool bars & restaurants around.

A quick stop but we were really pleased with our room and the bar downstairs made it really easy to meet new people. Location was excellent and easy to get too by public transport

One bathroom for 8 people isn't enough. The hostel is huge so sometimes lacks atmosphere, however the bar is great. Lots of big busabout and contiki groups. Air conditioning in common areas is necessary in summer, the kitchen and diner was a sauna.

Thank you very much for your Review!

The hostel is great in terms of location, cleanliness and facilities, however it's the only hostel where I've struggled to meet people. Not great for a solo travel.

kitchen should be open 24 hours. Some kind of cooling system is required in summer time.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • India

This is a nice place, well equipped and feels a bit more unique than your standard hostel. The location is really good as well with the u-bahn station just down the street and lots of food options at the Naschmarkt.

Thank you very much for your review and great to read that you enjoyed our central location at the Naschmarkt:-) Happy travels, your wombat´s team

kich. isn't clean. for public transportation location is nice

Only stayed one night but the rooms were lovely, breakfast is great (worth the money) and the atmosphere is also good. Super useful location too. There's a good free walking tour every morning which is good for solo travellers wanting to meet people. Would definitely stay again!

This place is real close to the tram stop which makes it easy to get to the accommodation and also to get around Vienna. The Naschmarkt hostel carries on the great name that is Wombats,Staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable when it comes to what to see and do in Vienna. For those that can't live without the internet, the wifi is great everywhere. A short 15-20 minute walk to the main centre where the parliament and museum is. Can get busy with Contiki buses but ask the staff when they come

Best hostel I've stayed in!

Had a great stay! The room was very clean and spacious, cool atmosphere and amazing location, across from the market and near two grocery stores. My only complaint was two of the dryers were not working, and so there ended up being a backlog of wet clothes in the laundry room. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7