Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Great experience at the Wombat Vienna, would stay there again if I ever return!

It was better than expected. We will definitely come back next year.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Very good, very clean and good location

Overall good place to stay. Close to the Ringstrasse, Museum Quartier, State Opera house. Key card for floor, room and locker access is great. Good options for breakfast which is 3.90 euros. Only downsides would be that beds are not comfortable and bathrooms smell no matter what. Ventilation is almost non existent.

Great hostel. Awesome location, right next to the local market and train station. Great hostel for groups, but for solo travellers its difficult to meet people. Small bar with free pool, which was great. Oh and awesome breakfast for 4 euro

• 7th Dec 2014

it was good

Very helpful and friendly staff with all the facilities you could want. Exceptionally clean.

• 5th Dec 2014

The closest Hostel I found to the City Center. I only stayed one night but I had a lot of fun and the staff was completely friendly and helpful. Nice and cheap inside bar, clean toilets in my room. Personal electrical plug and light per bed, even in a 8x room. Bed was clean, maybe the room was a little overcrowded (big backpacks occupy a lot of room), but that's a minimum price when you go to hostels. Astonishingly secure and convenient magnetic keys (cards) also for personal lockers.

no kitchen to boil my instant food

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback; I am just wonderding if you maybe mixed up our hostel with another one as we actually do have a guest kitchen with evyerthing you need to cook?!

The best hostel I've ever been to.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Serbia

I had a good stay at the wombats hostel. The place was clean, staff was helpful, drinks are reasonably price and breakfast is def worth the money. Only thing I would add is an oven in the kitchen. Other than that the place is great.

Great Hostel! Room was very spacious, breakfast was amazing and the location was great!

Brilliant hostel, very modern. Staff were very helpful. No issues at all. The only thing I'd say is that the bar shuts early on a Sunday. Good location, right opposite the Naschmarkt which was brilliant for food. Within walking distance of the centre of Vienna. Loved our stay here and would recommend.

I had a great stay at Wombats at the Naschmarkt. I was hesitant about the location when I booked the hostel, but after getting there I realized that the location was very good. Its right next to the metro and the Naschmarkt, which is fun to walk through and to sample street food. The walk to the center of Vienna is only about 10-15 minutes and it is a pleasant walk. I felt safe coming back to the hostel at night as a solo female traveler, so I really appreciated that aspect of the location.

• 29th Nov 2014

I can't think of a single bad thing about this hostel. The location is fantastic, right next to a mouthwatering market and subway station. The staff couldn't be more friendly and even though it sometimes feels like a hotel because of how big it is, the atmosphere is still great. Breakfast wasn't free but it was worth every 3.9€. The reception lounge is pretty cosy and the bar staff was most friendly. If I ever go back to Vienna, I'm definitely staying at wombats again.

Thanks very much for your feedback! We are glad you had a good time in Vienna and in our Hostel:-) Safe travels Your wombat´s team:-)

Biggest hostel I've ever stayed. Very good location within walking distance to many sites. Room was very clean and spacious. It was hard to socialize with people here because people usually travel in big group and many of them were not backpackers. Staffs were friendly and helpful. Common areas are big and always have place for u to relax. There's a bar which sells affordable alcohol but I felt that the bar is a bit too small especially during weekend. So far very good hostel. Recommend !!

The eight person dorm was pretty big. Plenty of room for everyone, and I liked the wood floors and easy to open, big windows for fresh air. Good sized lockers. The location at Naschmarkt worked out really well for me (very easy to get to my train station, Miedling and I enjoyed the market across the street) but it may not be the ideal location for everyone. The lobby/ common area/ bar were all average. Like any other chain hostel. The kitchen seemed above average (clean and modern)

Fantastic stay here! The staff were great and the location was perfect. Very close to the station or within walking distance to most things if you don't mind walking to things and seeing nice things along the way! Got to use their shower room after I had checked out and was waiting for a night train. Super clean and new bathrooms!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • tiarnetiarne

I've stayed it in about 250 hostels around and this one was by far the best! Lockers are free and big, stuff frendly, close to everything and station, can't believe the price for breakfast: awesome!

Very nice