Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

It's a perfect place to stay. Its clean and quiet. I loved it at Wombats

• 26th Sep 2014
  • India

Good location, close to subway station, but still a walkable distance to city center. Very nice bar, good to meet people. Big rooms. Only bad point was that the bathroom in my dorm (6 beds) was not smelling so good on the second day. Not sure how often they clean it.

Great location. Last time I stayed the hostel was brand new. Sad to see a little wear and tear on the common areas and in the rooms, but it is to be expected. Very friendly staff, couldn't ask them to be nicer or more helpful.

I can't argue, it's placed in a wonderful part of town (the Nashmarkt is fantastic) and it's walking distance to everything, esp the museums quarter which is 5 minutes away, and the rest, as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk, is easy. Within 20 minutes, I was wherever I wanted to be

Awesome hostel! Great location, friendly and helpful staff and cool bar open late. Definitely recommend

It s a great hostel. I think is more group friendly than solo friendly. The room is amazing! All work with the key card. You can move almost everywere with subway. This is a great hostel to stay. Fully recomendable

Very conveniently located next to Nachmarkt, and only a 10-15 minute walk to the State Opera! The hostel was really nice, my room was considered a "roof room" and as such we had a loft (so fancy) where our beds were located and a downstairs area with the en suite. There was a bit of lounge room in the center of the bed area, which was nice and led to some great conversations about how awesome the beanbag chair was. The bar area was nice and had a lot of drinks to choose from.

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Bathrooms very new and renovated and always clean! The main town is about a 15-20 minute walk away but it is located right outside the naschmarkt which has the best food! Eat a falalfel!! Also bar downstairs has a great atmosphere and reasonably priced drinks! Wifi a little on and off.

Brilliant hostel, feels very safe and welcoming. Staff are really helpful and if you are hungry, the all you can eat breakfast is great. Sadly, things in our room were broken upon arrival, such as the shower basket, which in the grand scheme of things is rather insignificant. A bit on the expensive side for a private room, however, that wouldn't stop me recommending it anyone going to Vienna.

Everything else is clean but the mattress, I was suspicious when I saw the mattress, however as I was given sheet and cover etc, I thought it would have been OK, however, I got bitten on my arms at the second night stay, it looks like bedbugs bite. although I got refunded for the second night stay, I had to through away some of my clothes as I am afraid of carrying the bugs home, after the hot wash and dryer, fingers crossed the bugs have been killed. it is just annoying.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • China

Sorry to hear that you had problems with bugs in the room. We always try to keep a very high level of cleanliness but unfortunately it is impossible to eliminate the possibility of bed bugs in hotels and hostels. With hot washing (over 50 degrees) they will be destroyed for sure! Hope you liked the rest of your stay. Safe travels:-)

Top Hostel, i will absolutely come back, everything was just perfect. Best location in Vienna, nice staff, super clean, cheap and rich breakfast, totally cool!

We stayed in an eight bed dorm and it was really spacious and spotlessly clean. Lights and sockets by the beds are great. The Naschmarkt is a great location, you can walk into town, and the hostel's right near the metro.

This is first time to stay at hostel. I believe it is good choice to stay at your hostel. Very clean, no worries about security from outside / inside (female dormitory need card to access before enter actual room) Also excellent location. There is local supermarket near by, 5min from train station and i could access most of famous places within 15 min. Thanks n i would like to stay again if i have chance to visit Europe.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Wombats was a fine place to stay in Vienna, the location was wonderful and it was easy to get around with a U stop basically right out the door. Unfortunately however, I encountered some bed bugs in my room which is always an extremely unwelcome travel companion. The staff were really great about it and set me up with a new room, free breakfast, and unlimited laundry money. Still though, the frustration and insomnia that come with exterminating the little biters isnt worth it.

• 17th Sep 2014

Hey there! We are very sorry for the inconvenience; I know how nasty these bugs are and can understand your annoyance. Unfortunately the bugs are a problem all around Europe, they travel in buses and trains and therefore sometimes arrive in hostels as well. We are trying everything to get rid of them as fast as possible if a case occurs.

Well located and clean. Decent bar with pool table. Would stay again.

Great stay at the wombats at naschmarkt. Had previously stayed at the lounge in Vienna, and there was definitely a difference in attitudes, facilities and cleanliness despite both being Wombats hostels. Secure rooms with key card access, lockers were great and facilities were brilliant. I can't think of anything to fault this place.

Great hostel in an awesome location, very central and close to public transport. Staff were welcoming and very helpful.

The hostel looks more like a hotel than to a hostel actually, but its facilities are really good. They charge you for breakfast and it's not cheap, good food though. The location is good as well. There is one Brazilian staff who is really nice and can help you a lot with things to do.

Great place to stay! Next to a metro station, Near the market which has affordable food and a 20 min walk to the main areas in Vienna. The bathroom was clean and beds were comfy. We had the breakfast one morning and it was very thorough compared to other hostel breakfasts. Would stay here or at another Wombats again!

The rooms could be a bit cleaner and they don't need so much furniture in they.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7