Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

I find the luggage room a little bit unsafe, but otherwise I am perfectly satisfied. Awesome hostel!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Very close to subway stop! Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers to store your things in. Clean room and great breakfast! Have stayed at both the Munich and Vienna Wombats and they are GREAT

We were very happy about our stay in Wombat's. It is much better than expected. Thanks for everything!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

A perfect hostel. The double room was clean and quite big. They even gave us a hairdryer when we broke ours. Breakfast (at 3,90 euro) is complete. There is really everything you need. Close to the city centre and in a nice area.

No control over the luggage room. Really good room, hot shower, nice staff

It was the best hostel ever.

Great hostel! Didn't expect it to be so large, but that was alright. Also booked a 6 person room but was put in a 4 person dorm, not complaining because that as very nice. I like how there was a bar in the hostel, especially since it was cold and rainy, so it was nice not to have to go out to get a drink. The WiFi was not very reliable, especially in the bar and eating area, and sometime in the room. But other than that everything was great, including the clean sheets and towels!

Friendly staff with large kitchen to cool however had to rewash everything, though that's previous guests. Good bar and great location close to train station. Wifi can be abit iffy and drops out occasionally. Breakfast is good for 3.90€. Staff are hit and miss, had some which gave terrible advice while others were great and went above. Bathroom and dorm rooms clean. Great hostel

Very nice hostel! Just next to the Naschmarkt. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean. Didn't make use of their facilities much though!

It was my first time to backpack solo. I think I may have met the most people in this particular hostel than any other hostel I stayed in! The staff were great at recommending really unique and interesting places to go, which a tourist like myself would never find. A really welcoming

Great place even for a more grown up

Thanks very much for your comment! Safe travels:-)

Excellent Hostel. I was sick one day and the staff wrote down what I needed at the chemist, in German, so that I got exactly what I needed. Apart from this, 10 minite walk right into the heart of the city, plus the awesome markets across the road. Best hostel I stayed in my entire trip, so far!

This hostel is basically just a big hotel! Very impersonal and difficult to socialise in! The most expensive hostel I've stayed in but you have to pay for breakfast and computers.

This hostel was very clean and safe. The location is not the best, but there is day market in front of it that is nice. The bar on the ground floor is fun.

Wombat defiantly got everything you need and the staff if excellent. BUT it feels like high-school in a break time, with teenagers running and yelling, all around, or just seat in the commune area, with their eyes stuck in their smartphone or i-Pad. there is no Hostel atmosphere at all. as a lone traveler i found it not pleasant.

Wombats is not for everyone, despite how much effort they go to to market themselves that way. it's a VERY large chain and while it's nice enough, it did help us decide that chain hostels are not really our thing. However if youre the sort of young person willing to get blackout drunk with mostly australian travellers (contiki and busabout both use womabats) then I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I was in a 4 bed female dorm. The room is big and comfortable. The locker in the room is big and could hold my backpack and a day pack. The only complaint I have was that there was no fan in the bathroom. When someone had bowel movement, the bathroom would stink for a long time.

Very nice hostel, very large but the bar is really good with lots of specials every night. Great location.

Excellent Hostel!!

We loved this hostel, it was the best one we've been to since being in Europe. The atmosphere was great and both the staff and other guests were friendly and fun. Our room was really nice, more like a hotel than a hostel (we had a private double so I don't know about the forms but we were happy), the breakfast was good and cheap, the location next to the market was perfect and the walking tour was great too. We'd definitely stay here again.

Thanks very much for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel and hope to welcome you soon again in ne of our hostels all around Europe:-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7