Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Very nice hostel! Just next to the Naschmarkt. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean. Didn't make use of their facilities much though!

Great place even for a more grown up

Thanks very much for your comment! Safe travels:-)

Excellent Hostel. I was sick one day and the staff wrote down what I needed at the chemist, in German, so that I got exactly what I needed. Apart from this, 10 minite walk right into the heart of the city, plus the awesome markets across the road. Best hostel I stayed in my entire trip, so far!

Wombats is not for everyone, despite how much effort they go to to market themselves that way. it's a VERY large chain and while it's nice enough, it did help us decide that chain hostels are not really our thing. However if youre the sort of young person willing to get blackout drunk with mostly australian travellers (contiki and busabout both use womabats) then I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I was in a 4 bed female dorm. The room is big and comfortable. The locker in the room is big and could hold my backpack and a day pack. The only complaint I have was that there was no fan in the bathroom. When someone had bowel movement, the bathroom would stink for a long time.

Very nice hostel, very large but the bar is really good with lots of specials every night. Great location.

Excellent Hostel!!

We loved this hostel, it was the best one we've been to since being in Europe. The atmosphere was great and both the staff and other guests were friendly and fun. Our room was really nice, more like a hotel than a hostel (we had a private double so I don't know about the forms but we were happy), the breakfast was good and cheap, the location next to the market was perfect and the walking tour was great too. We'd definitely stay here again.

Thanks very much for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel and hope to welcome you soon again in ne of our hostels all around Europe:-)

Hostel was great.

The computers that The hostel have To The clients are very very bad, doesnt work, And they dont have USB To download pictures or something, all The other staffs are excelent!!!

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

everything as in hostel description! stayed in the female dorm, and access security was reall great: keycard for entering wing and room. even locker could be used with the personal keycard, no need to bring a lock. private shower and bathroom was really nice and very clean! blanket, pillow and mattress seemed a bit used, but as sheets were sealed and clean, this is just a minor fact, which i would not have recognised if the bed had already been prepared ;) was really calm at night!

The four-person ensuite is very large, with a price near as a normal mix dorm, so quite good value/money. Not only the public area (bar, surfing island, common place) is nice, it's also clearly separated from the rooms, so no disturb for people who need rest. Staff very willing and helpful. Location also quite good. All in all a big recommendation.

Thanks very much for your recommendation!! Wish you happy travels and hope to welcme you again in one of our hostels;-)

The Nashcmarkt is great but it's still at least a 15-20 minute walk away from other attractions. Vienna is pretty spread out so that is inevitable but it's just not the best possible location. Staff were friendly but busy, the bar and lobby area is great and rooms are very quiet. I stayed in a 6 person dorm and it was lovely, spread out and comfortable. Lockers are huge and key card operated. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Vienna (unless a place with a better location shows up)

There was some noise in the corridor after 10pm which stopped me from falling asleep. But they finished talking after a while and I did not report it.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Well located, staff very helpfull! would stay there again!

Cool place, all I needed was a cheap place to stay in while I was in Vienna (I came to see an opera). I received what I needed and much more! Wombats is a great hostel in Vienna and around the world. I recommend this hostel and other Wombat hostels as well.

Thanks very much for your feedback, very much appreciated:-)

The hostel is across the street from the Naschmarkt and about a 10-15 minute walk from the State Opera. There is a nice atmosphere with the bar and lobby area to meet new people. The people at the desk were very nonchalant when hearing about bed bugs complaints which didn't put my mind at ease, luckily I did not have an experience with bed bugs like some of the guys who had been switched to my room. Overall I had a nice stay, it wasn't bad and it wasn't great, just a place to sleep.

Facilities are clean. I stayed in a 4 bed all female dorm room. Lockers and rooms are key operated, same card for both. Lockers and bathroom in the room. Bar in the building as well. The beds were wood framed which made noise going in and out, waking the person below me. The room door would open without a card which I reported right away when I found out. It wasn't a big deal because the place feels secured. It's across from market for cheap eats and 2-3 stops on metro for everything else.

Good: Location was very close to subway and right at the market, we got a free drink in the bar downstairs, staff were helpful, rooms were clean, we could leave our bags before/after check in free of charge. Bad: Price wasn't the cheapest for the room, plus we had to pay an extra €3.90 for breakfast. It did include a coffee machine that made cappuccino, espresso etc which was nearly worth it. The free walking tour also didn't take place (how often does that happen? hmm) Overall, very good

Very nice hostel with comfortable beds and nice location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7