Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Really good hostel. Its clean, ita has a lot of services and you wont miss anything on your trip. The staff was helpfull and i recommend it to every kind of hostel traveller

The Wombats hostel is normal chain hostel. The atmosphere though is quit anonymous and unpersonell. The staff was a bit sensitive in regards of the typical backpacker-attitude to make party. Its a nice hostel with fair value for money, but People who like it more indiviudal and like to have a closer relation to the staff in terms of real backpacker feeling are definetly wrong here..

• 26th Aug 2014

Hey there, we are sorry that you did not feel comfortable; we are trying to comfort all guests, from younger to older, from the typical backpacker to the ones just doing a short city trip to Vienna. All these people have different needs (sleep, party, etc.) and we are trying to make everyone happy:-)

This hostel would be amazing if the WiFi was better and if the bathrooms had been cleaned every day. With an ensuite and so many people using just one it really needs to be cleaned. The location was amazing though, very convenient with the market and metro station right there.

Great rooms, clean rooms, organization, spaces, modern, with lights and powerline in the beds, ... the only "but": The kitchen was dirty and without many space to leave the clean dishes or the food.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It's a very big place. The setup in the lobby is quite nice and the bar is handy.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. Awesome kitchen facilities

Amzing hostel. One of the best I have stayed in. We arrived after an overnight train and were able to drop our bags for the day. We were also upgraded from a 8 bed dorm to a 6 bed dorm. We went to the free walking tour organised by Wombats and was very informative about the city. Took advantage of the downstairs bar and made some new friends. Loved our roomies and everyone was super friendly. Location was perfect and would definitely reccommend to anyone!

Pretty handy and beside the metro station and literally beside supermarkets. The rooms are kept very clean , the kitchen can be very busy and messy as a result, breakfast for 3.90 is unbelievably good, I've never seen such a great spread! The staff were wonderful and moved me into a mixed room that had 2 females there (without me needing to ask) as my allocated space was originally with 3 males. Highly recommend the walking tour. One last thing though... this is definitely a party hostel!

Great, spacious, friendly and great bicycle parking and general facilities!

Amazing, we stayed in a double private room. It was like staying in a hotel. Loved it, and right across from the markets.

• 21st Aug 2014

Awesome kitchen

Great hostel with an excellent location. Breakfast not included, but with a good value.

• 20th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The bar downstairs is a great place to meet people and there is a large kitchen so even though it's crowded depending on when you go I never had to wait around. The staff were very helpful and there is a metro 2 minutes from the hostel so getting around is easy. The rooms were big with your own locker. No complaints

Loved this place! Great location and atmosphere! Very secure building. Great place to meet other travellers. The walking tour was a bit winded but it was free, so I can't really complain.

Loved my stay here! Met some great people and had some good nights. Nicely located next to the market where you can get good food and not far to the sights! Clean!!

This is an excellent hostel overall.... if you are looking for a hostel in Vienna that is not catering to young 'travelers' concerned primarily with drinking and hooking up, then good luck.... given what travel in Europe ends up being, this is a hostel with a great staff, location, and facility.

Good hostel. Bit too big to easily meet other people but other aspects are all good. Though breakfast is quite expensive!

The breakfast was amazing! Great value for money.

I felt there at home. Wonderful rooms, friendly staff, two department stores near hostel, really near the underground. I recommend this beautiful place. Thank you guys!

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was very clean, organized, social, and perfectly located just outside the city--less than 10 minutes walking from downtown. The bar downstairs was always social and busy, even on a Sunday and Monday night. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone and everyone of all ages.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7