Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

There was one particular staff who was extremely rude and that even made me have a bad first impression of Vienna. I simply asked to stay one more night. But, she was just looking down on me and very annoyed when dealing with my request. I'm not sure if it was kind of discrimination, because she surely looks like a racist. The room is quite spacious for a dorm and I liked the location though.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • South Korea

This is a very nice clean place to stay where I was able to meet many other travelers. There is also an incredible walking tour in the morning. The staff was also extremely helpful and they always did their best to help in whatever I wanted to do. My only complaint was that there were often not enough staff at the desk. So it would sometimes take a long time to be able to talk to someone.

Very clean and nice place

great place to stay will stay again going to stay in one in Munich thanks Wombats

Really nice hostel with good security and a nice vibe. Friendly staff, free welcome drinks and clean rooms. The only thing is that the bathroom has a weird smell :(. Other than that, highly recommended!

Great location as a base for exploring Vienna. Staff were really helpful and friendly, room was clean with own ensuite. WiFi is easy to access and reliable as far as hostels go! Would stay here again for sure.

nice hostel, easy to be accessed and good value of money

The location is awesome. It's right by the centre of the city and the Hauptbahnhof and Westbahnhof for traveling in and out. It also has a subway station and supermarkets nearby.

Location is great! The staff is very kind! The bar is very good and so is the breakfast! Our bathroom was not smelling good...

This hostel feels more like a hotel-- super big, very clean, and really helpful front desk staff. We were only here for one night but really enjoyed it and loved Vienna!!

This was my first time staying at a Wombats hostel! It was super clean, modern, spacious and secure. Wifi only really worked in the lounge for us because our room was so far away from the source, I think. Plus there was no Wifi in the kitchen or bar which is a bummer but oh well - forced us to turn up from our phones! Lol. It's too bad breakfast wasn't included in the price. Vienna is a pretty expensive city so we paid a decent price :)

Wonderful!

• 12th Apr 2015

The hostel is really well located, you can take a reasonable walk to the main tourist attractions. The environment is really good, they even give you a free drink once you check in. Staff is really nice.

Very large and 'proper' hostel, felt a bit like a hotel. The 4-bed dorm was very clean and spacious, good locker system, and lovely ensuite bathroom. The bar is fun with cheap drinks and I think they organise themed nights (although not whilst I was there) too. The hostel is very close to a metro station, but is around 15 minute walk to the main sights of the city. I thought the hostel was great but just a little expensive, but that seems to be the case everywhere in Austria.

Liked everything.

Fantastic hostel. Perfectly clean rooms with all facilities (lockers, sockets, bedding, bathrooms with functional showers!, bar, lounge etc etc.) Staff are helpful and friendly and the breakfast is excellent and comes at a bargain of 4,50€ for the buffet.

Enjoyed my stay a lot, very good bar, rooms are very clean and modern. Apart from the wifi not working in my room i cant pick a bad thing about the place!

The hostel is located in a very good location just on the other side of Nachmarkt and very close from the Metro station. The facility is good but the wifi is very poor in the room. We stayed in the 4 beds mixed room and the wifi cannot reach our room. Some of the staffs are really nice but there is a girl who kind of rude.

the room i was given had a pink striplight which didnt turn off! i complained at 10pm and was told it would turn off soon. by midnight it still wasnt off and two room switches later i was in one without a striplight but with a loud fan... which also would not turn off staff were courteous but being a hostel didnt really care that much

• 10th Apr 2015

I loved this hostel! They had an incredible breakfast - for 4.50 Euro, all you can eat, including awesome meats, cheeses, fruit, veggies, and cream cheese spreads, and more! The staff were always really helpful and never made you feel like you needed to rush at the reception when asking questions about locations, Metro, etc. Great location next to the Naschmarkt - really easy to get to from the train station - and the view from our window was stunning! Nice big rooms in the 4-bed female dorms.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your time on our hostel:-) Your wombat´s team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7