Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

This hostel is in very good location. This is first time, i stayed there just for one night. Quiet impressed by friendly behaviour of staff, good atmosphere and silence at night. Very clean. Even i received free breakfast lukily. Although we should pay for that. The location is very close to Nasch market, center, karls platz are very close by. I am very impressed on choosing this hostel and would like to continue on my next visit. Thanks for friendly behaviour towards your guest.

• 10th Feb 2016
  • India

Hi, thanks for the great review! your wom-team

Definitely the location it's the best. The Naschmarkt it's incredible! I'd like have more days in Vienna to enjoy more! It's also near most of beautiful buildings in the city. The hostel has parties every night in the bar but therooms are very silent.

• 8th Feb 2016

Good location however its disappointing that the breakfast cost extra. Also annoyed that the staff tossed out my bag of groceries in the kitchen

Hi, we always thought about including the breakfast, but then the room rate would automatically increase too and that would be unfair to all the backpackers who do not want to have breakfast. All the best, Boris

Great stay- lovely private room. Great bar and social scene. Helpful staff. Location is great.

This is my second Wombats (my first was in Munich) and both were fantastic! Love Wombats!

Had a pretty poor stay at this hostel but a vast majority of it was due to inconsiderate guest, and had nothing to do with the hostel itself. We had rude room mates who shouted at each other at 4am and we had things stolen and staff didn't seem to care. I know there's nothing they can do but some compassion would have been nice. Pros: location, fun bar with cheap drinks, free walking tour Cons: breakfast not included, have to make your own bed, kitchen too small for amount of guests

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Yes, crappy roommates suck - I agree. I guess backpacking is always a bit of a gamble :) Cheers, Boris

Best hostel I stayed thus far.

Great location, nice and clean room, friendly staff

Friendly and helpful staffs. Good & convientent location! Clear room, safe security & bar. Nice Stay and will back again!

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Hong Kong

Nice hostel, clean and well located. Vienna is more expensive when compared to other cities around and so is the hostel. The rooms were big with a lot of place to sit and clean. You have to make your own bed, which doesn't happen all the time. The bar at the hostel is nice and good vibes at night! The sitting area is nice as well!

Positives: amazing shower. Fantastic pressure, very modern. Best I've had all trip. Negatives: Never a good thing to make travellers have to put their own sheets on the bed. At least you don't have to "buy" them here but still lazy and annoying on the hostels behalf to not do something so basic. Location is about 20 minutes walk from anything worth seeing and 30 minutes walk from the central station.

Hi, thanks for getting back to us. I agree, having your bed made is nice - but actually not so common in hostels. Furthermore we can offer lower rates for the beds because we can reduce costs. All the best, Boris

Pro's: big dining area; big rooms; clean rooms & well sound-proofed; comfy-lounge. Con's: unfriendly, unhelpful staff; small (and unclean) kitchen for size of hostel; no sink in toilet; had to walk through bar/main reception to kitchen; check in was unorganised; had to make own bed which was narrow and flimsy; awful storage space for BACKPACKERS; lounge area is in reception or dining room; lockers in the way of toilet - too crowded in mornings; price of laundry went up during stay?!

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I will speak to the staff that checked you in to see what the problem was here. We do not make the beds so that we can reduce costs and this offer lower rates. Regarding price of laundry: yes, I guess that was little unfortunate. We hadndt raised the price for 5 years and now we increased washing by 50Cent (drying didnt Change). But I understand that you are bit pissed off, that the raise happened during your stay :( All the best from Vienna, Boris

Everything here is nice, nothing to complain about. Breakfast is much exceed our expectation especially the choice of drinks and sauces. Location near to metro and you can walk to almost all tourist interest. Excellent hostel, will definitely stay in wombats again.

Wonderful hostel, absolutely no complaints. Great if you want to walk everywhere in Vienna, wonderful position and really helpful staff!

It was all wonderful!!!! The room was beautiful, the staff were friendly - I had a great time, and made some lifelong friends.

• 31st Jan 2016

Best hostel we've ever been to. Great in every aspect. We had the opportunity to stay in anorther Wombats in Munich and the quality was pretty much the same. Thank you guys for the pleasant stay!

Thats great to hear - thanks!

I would definitely recommend this hostel. the location can't get any better. The drinks in the bar are as cheap as they can come, and are very good !! The only downside is, that this is a very large hostel and if a large group is staying here, it makes it a bit harder to socialise with the other travellers in the bar.

Good and clean hostel right at the city center. Perfect location! It's a very big hostel so it might lack a bit of atmosphere if you traveling solo. Dorms are very spacious and commun areas vey comfortable.

Its very convenient to stay at your hostel. We like it very much

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

I stayed just one night at the hostel with my brother and loved it! The location is amazing and if I could, I would give the staff an 11 for how wonderful they were. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about what to see, etc. I would definitely return. It had a great vibe inside the hostel, although it is fairly large. Thanks again to Wombat's for an amazing stay. I hope to return on my next trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7