Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

It was great.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • China

I thought it was a wonderful facility! It was centrally located and I was able to enjoy all of the major sistes in the city with a convent home base. The Hostel is very clean and the cleaning staff work very hard to maintain a clean environment. In terms of atmosphere everyone was nice and friendly. My concern is security, during my stay someone broke into a room and then broke into a locker and stole two laptops and peoples passports. While I felt safe and secure it was alarming.

Overall a really nice hostel. Room was clean, well laid out. You could rent or buy anything that you needed. And I really recommend the breakfast- best hostel breakfast I've ever had I think. One staff member was quite rude but that's just one person.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Great that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and we hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna:-) Happy and safe travels, your wombat´s team

We were given a room that was in the 5th floor, with no courtains so that around five in the morning the light entered our room! Also, it was a really hot day and there was no way for us to open the windows.

Clean rooms, good location, great atmosphere. Good deal for the low-budget traveler. The staff was helpful.

A quick stop but we were really pleased with our room and the bar downstairs made it really easy to meet new people. Location was excellent and easy to get too by public transport

One bathroom for 8 people isn't enough. The hostel is huge so sometimes lacks atmosphere, however the bar is great. Lots of big busabout and contiki groups. Air conditioning in common areas is necessary in summer, the kitchen and diner was a sauna.

Thank you very much for your Review!

The hostel is great in terms of location, cleanliness and facilities, however it's the only hostel where I've struggled to meet people. Not great for a solo travel.

kitchen should be open 24 hours. Some kind of cooling system is required in summer time.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • India

This is a nice place, well equipped and feels a bit more unique than your standard hostel. The location is really good as well with the u-bahn station just down the street and lots of food options at the Naschmarkt.

Thank you very much for your review and great to read that you enjoyed our central location at the Naschmarkt:-) Happy travels, your wombat´s team

kich. isn't clean. for public transportation location is nice

Only stayed one night but the rooms were lovely, breakfast is great (worth the money) and the atmosphere is also good. Super useful location too. There's a good free walking tour every morning which is good for solo travellers wanting to meet people. Would definitely stay again!

This place is real close to the tram stop which makes it easy to get to the accommodation and also to get around Vienna. The Naschmarkt hostel carries on the great name that is Wombats,Staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable when it comes to what to see and do in Vienna. For those that can't live without the internet, the wifi is great everywhere. A short 15-20 minute walk to the main centre where the parliament and museum is. Can get busy with Contiki buses but ask the staff when they come

Best hostel I've stayed in!

Had a great stay! The room was very clean and spacious, cool atmosphere and amazing location, across from the market and near two grocery stores. My only complaint was two of the dryers were not working, and so there ended up being a backlog of wet clothes in the laundry room. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Rooms were comfy, atmosphere was cool, waiters in the wombar were very cool too

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Excellent location, amazing facilities, one of the cleanest and well presented hostels we've ever stayed in. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 2 nights which was really nice and stayed in a private room on our last night which was amazing, like a hotel room without a TV

The people staying here were a bunch of uptight turds! On this particulsr trip, I have been to other hostels and the vibe has been so much better.

• 22nd Aug 2015

This was a GREAT hostel. There's energy, efficiency and comfort and cleanliness to boot! The facilities are GREAT and up to date, the shower had some amazing pressure, there's a welcome drink included...I felt welcome immediately and what's even better is that after a long ride from my last city, I didn't have to think too much, I just arrived and they took care of everything. Stay here.

Staff very helpfull and funny! Room was quite nice

• 21st Aug 2015