Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Horrible laundry machines- we had to dry 3 times! Place has a cool bar but it's full of 18 year olds who don't know their drinking limits.

Great hostel with everything you could ask for. One of the best hostel kitchens I have seen. Big downside is that it is often full of tour buses so the atmosphere looks and sounds good but a lot of the people are in their own groups and resistant to meet people outside of their tour group. Overall a great hostel though!!

Large age range of people staying here. Only real downside to the place is that there is no wifi in the bedrooms, and the wifi in the main area was fairly slow.

Thank you very much for your review! To get a perfect working wifi is currently on the top of our list! Best regards and safe travels, your wombat´s team

kitchen is big but a little bit messy. room is big and the locker is quite high-tech. It's a little bit far away from old town but It's ok to walk.

Very clean, nice rooms, wifi worked really well. Laundry room in basement was nice. 1 thing I didn't like was that you had to leave ID as a key deposit - most places let you leave a 10 Euro deposit.

Stayed in a 4 person a ensuite, large room with plenty of space for all of our bags. Beds/matteress looked really dirty and gross but they give clean sheets when you arrive. Everything else in the room was clean and the bathroom was nice, no plug in there though. Wifi was slow at times but worked well enough. Staff was friendly enough I suppose. Breakfast was 5 euro and not worth it, look for other places to go. It's walking distant to many of the districts so that was good. Beautiful city

Very nice and clean hostel and staff was helpful. Great location, within a walking distance from all the main sights.

I love Wombats

I stayed during 4 nights and the bathroom was not clean during my stay. The hostel do not create any activity and also the staff are not so friendly. This is not a hostel for a solo travel. Internet is veryyyy slowwwwww.. Pros: great location, huge facility.

Awesome hostel. Would have liked to stay there a bit more as I was there 2 days and 1 night. Everything was awesome, onmy discomfort was a guy puked at night in the sink because downstairs in the bar which is pretty lively Jaggerbombs are 4x10€. ( awesome but this guy was an i diot).)

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

- First night we had the luxury double suite (because no others were available), which had no curtains to darken the room, so we were awake at 5u15... - Second night different room, but loads of noise, so even with earplugs not a great night :( - Staff were really nice though and the amenities and location are great.

• 19th Jun 2015

Good location with lots of Asian markets.

Everything was great! Although some of the hostel staff were quite stand offish. But most were great and very helpful!! 😃

• 18th Jun 2015

I PREFER THE ONE NEAR WESTBAHNHOF

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Bangladesh

I would recommend having the guest kitchen cleaned outside of mealtimes, not during.

• 17th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will consider your recommendation and think about a solution. I hope that-apart from that-you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and will visit us again:-) Best regards, your wombat´s team

The staff was very helpful and the breakfast options were plentiful at a reasonable price. The wifi didn't work in the breakfast area, but that is the only complaint!

Thank you very much for your review:-)

My favorite hostel I've been to! Perfect location, very nice people, a great atmosphere to meet more nice people, and loved the room I stayed in. Thanks for all you do!

• 16th Jun 2015

The high-tech lockers in the room were really cool! I needed somebody in my room to show me how to work them though. Almost all of the staff were friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast had great variety, but I wish it was included in the room price.

I only stayed one night but it was one of my favorite hostels so far, I liked the atmosphere and so happy to finally see a usable kitchen (however it's always insanely busy) it's still nice to have, staff were friendly. Rooms were nice and clean.

Wombat's is the best hostel that I've been. The environment its amazing full of young travelers, the bar is very nice, it's super clean, the breakfast is very good, the staff always helps you... the location its excellent. Best hostal in the world.

• 15th Jun 2015