Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Only stayed one night but the rooms were lovely, breakfast is great (worth the money) and the atmosphere is also good. Super useful location too. There's a good free walking tour every morning which is good for solo travellers wanting to meet people. Would definitely stay again!

This place is real close to the tram stop which makes it easy to get to the accommodation and also to get around Vienna. The Naschmarkt hostel carries on the great name that is Wombats,Staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable when it comes to what to see and do in Vienna. For those that can't live without the internet, the wifi is great everywhere. A short 15-20 minute walk to the main centre where the parliament and museum is. Can get busy with Contiki buses but ask the staff when they come

Best hostel I've stayed in!

Distance to major tourist attractions was not so close but still walk-able. The hostel seemed to be a clean and safe place to stay.

• pahajs
  • South Korea

The room lacks many things such as hair dryer. Although I can borrow one from the check-in desk, it requires deposit. Also, some staffs are not friendly. When I came into the open kitchen, one staff yelled me and warned me that I had to get the permission to enter the kitchen in the morning. I think that the staff can mentioned me about this, not yelled me!

• Taiwan

Had a great stay! The room was very clean and spacious, cool atmosphere and amazing location, across from the market and near two grocery stores. My only complaint was two of the dryers were not working, and so there ended up being a backlog of wet clothes in the laundry room. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Rooms were comfy, atmosphere was cool, waiters in the wombar were very cool too

• Spain

Excellent location, amazing facilities, one of the cleanest and well presented hostels we've ever stayed in. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 2 nights which was really nice and stayed in a private room on our last night which was amazing, like a hotel room without a TV

The people staying here were a bunch of uptight turds! On this particulsr trip, I have been to other hostels and the vibe has been so much better.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Spacious, secure rooms. Large hostel that didn't give up on atmosphere. Hostel bar is actually one of the most active in the city. Would stay again.

Great place, perfect location. Lovely staff. Cool ground floor bar. Good value-for-money breakfast. Very simple bedrooms. (Some more coat hooks would have been great. Generally clean, but those stains on the matresses... ;-))

This hostel was probably the best hostel we stayed in during our travels. So modern and clean. Our room was on the third floor and it was so spacious and clean. Couldn't believe the amount of room we had when we entered. Bar area with the free drink voucher was brilliant too and a great way to meet new people. We would definitely come back here again and stay for longer this time :)

• 21st Aug 2015

This was a GREAT hostel. There's energy, efficiency and comfort and cleanliness to boot! The facilities are GREAT and up to date, the shower had some amazing pressure, there's a welcome drink included...I felt welcome immediately and what's even better is that after a long ride from my last city, I didn't have to think too much, I just arrived and they took care of everything. Stay here.

Staff very helpfull and funny! Room was quite nice

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Wonderful amazing hostel! Perfect location, next to the naschmarkt and the U. The staff was welcoming and helpful, the bar was great, the rooms were clean, and the atmosphere felt just like a hostel should. I loved my stay!

Great hostel! Good location in Vienna, within walking distance from most things, and there's a metro stop just down the street if you prefer public transportation. Facilities were great too. It's a big hostel, feels almost more like a hotel in some ways. Things run really smoothly--would definitely return!

Very good hostel, close to everything and clean. Would recommend. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly and I enjoyed my stay

• 20th Aug 2015

The location was great of this hostel! I think the rooms could have been a little nicer but they were not too bad. One of the better hostels I stayed at.

I stayed in a individual room, I wouldn't be able to talk about the other types. The temperature in the city was very OK (23 degrees as average), but the room was in rooftop due to that it was too warm in the morning. Maybe with higher temperatures it can be uncomfortable, even using the fan provided in the room.

• 20th Aug 2015

Great hostel but lacking in atmosphere because there are so many rooms. However very comfortable stay. Would possibly be able to get the same for cheaper though.