Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Massive big hostel with mainly the younger crowd. Clean with lockers in the room but don't expect any personal service ect. You are treated as a number here.

The hostel was nice and clean, with big spacious rooms. There was also a good atmosphere down at the bar in the evening and easy to meet people. Had a few problems with the staff and the wifi was absolutly bad.

It would better if the hotel can sign a parking partner to provide an easier and cheaper access to parking for travelers

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

Great hostel. Nice spacious room. Friendly staff. Great location. I will be back :)

Bed bugs!!!!!! Staff forgot to tell me and 2 other ppl that the room we were in was infested - I was only moved to a different room when I complained directly. Had to spend half a day washing everything and the dryerz weren't working properly. Great location though! Bed bugs aside, this place was ok but nothing special.

I’m really sorry to hear that but thank you for the info! Unfortunately there is no 100% protection from bed bugs, even though we try to keep a very high level of cleanliness. But thanks to you we can now clean the room. Just to let you know: We shut down the room for a minimum of three days. During these days we heat up the room to appr. 60°C with an industrial heater and after that we use a chemical treatment to make absolutely sure, that the room is bed bug free after that. Sorry :(

After staying in warm friendly hostels with a community feel, the staff and environment at this hostel was very cold and unwelcoming. You have to make your own bed, which I wasn't happy about after exhausting travel. I did not spend much time in the hostel but it was clean. The breakfast was weak, 4 euros for basically cereal, bread, and some old fruit. Not great. I will stay somewhere else next time I'm in Vienna.

Thanks for your feedback! We are a large hostel, but we try everything to make it as comfy as possible, e.g. by having beanie bags+a hammock in our common area, by having events in our bar, etc. Our breakfast costs 3,90€ and comprises: coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice, fruit, vegetables, 4 sorts of bread, eggs, salami, ham, cheese, jam, honey, nutella, peanut butter, meat spread, cornflakes, müsli, etc. A single coffee anywhere in town costs about 3,00€..just as comparison.

Central location by nachtmarkt and between Shoonbruun Palace and downtown. Great kitchen. Two supermarkets just next door. Wifi did not work in the dorm room, but worked well in the lobby. Huge hostel and clean and modern. Definitely worth it in Vienna. Enjoy!

Very nice sleep. Appreciate prompt response from the team.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • India

It's a very efficient, well-run hostel in a great location. But no real atmosphere... The bar is more of a club, dark and with loud, bad music which makes it very difficult to carry a conversation and get to know people. So not great for a solo traveler. But you don't have many options in Vienna and it is clean and comfortable. Would stay again!

Thank you so much for everything. :) The staff was amazing, and upgraded my room gratis, which just made our day - for three days straight. Very, very, very impressed. :D

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • India

Thanks for the nice feedback; we are happy that you had a great time in Vienna and hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna. Safe travels The wombat´s team

From the start the staff were great, our private room was fantastic and the atmosphere was brilliant! Clean, modern with plenty of facilities and a really fresh vibe!

Awesome location right by the market. The en suite bathrooms are very nice and very clean. Staff are nice enough, but not too enthusiastic or helpful

Large and impersonal, but a great location.

The standout was the lovely and very helpful staff at reception.this is a very well run facility.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The staff here are really nice and helpful, I love the information on the walls in the lobby for ideas on trips and where to eat etc. The hostel feels really modern and the shower is FANTASTIC! really good water pressure which is quite rare in hostels! The 4 bed female dorm was a bit small, you all felt a bit squashed in. If you are a solo traveller its not great as the hostel is so big that it would be difficult to meet people in the common areas.

Got to my room and the person who was last in hadn't taken off their sheets so I was surprised to find that the staff don't actually take responsibility for things like that.. The bathroom was a constant mess so I'm not sure how often the cleaner was in. The staff are pleasant enough. There were some school groups while I was there which made reception a bit hectic. The bar is good for socializing though and the drinks a relatively cheap. Easy to get to via the underground and not a bad location

It was perfect and also, they help me in everything! :)

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The front desk staff was ill equipped to deal with our US credit cards. Surprising, since I'm sure they get americans all the time. They also have a great bar downstairs with a really party atmosphere and we had a great time. The vibe here is a lot younger, so I would not recommend this hostel for anyone over 30.

The bathroom connected to the room smells of old urine. A lot of people which come and go in the middle of the night. People trying to steel your belongings in the lobby -they tried to take my smartphone. A lot of people don't do their dishes in the common kitchen. No space where you get to talk to other travelers. Poor service at the check-in as soon as it is more than the usual. Met a lot of Asian people, which didn't care about other people trying to sleep....at night and early morning.

• 28th Sep 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The hostel is central located. So you are in town by foot or subway in a few minutes. I can really recommend it...

• 28th Sep 2014