Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

The usual good stay at a wombats hostel. Clean, comfy and well appointed. My only complaint was that neither fan in our room worked so it was a bit toasty in the 8 bed dorm at night. Solid place overall though.

It's more like a hotel than a hostel, but it's really nice, the staff is very helpful and the rooms very clean..

Wombats was AMAZING! The WomBar was great for getting to know People, and there were lots of great people to meet, access to a kitchen was clutch. The only Thing is the rooms were extremely hot and there was no air conditioning, but they did provide towels for showers that had great water pressure. The lobby was also a very cool spot to hang out, chill and get to meet people. 5/5!

My sister and I had a great time at this hostel. It was very clean and easily accessible by the train. The Internet was a little sketchy in the rooms but wasn't too bad. We really like hanging out in the bar and common room and meeting other travelers. Absolutely would recommend this hostel!

• 18th Jul 2015

There was no air conditioning, and the staff was very unwilling to provide additional fans to alleviate the heat. The hostel was fun but limited food and beverage variety. Good location.

Thank you very much for your review. We are currently struck by a heat wave we never had before in Austria, so now we bought a lot of extra fans!!! Air-condition we don´t offer due to sustainability reasons. Lots of greetings from hot Vienna:-) your wombat´s team

Large, exciting hostel that's clean and safe. Good location

Awesome experience! Great place to meet new people. Staff were all welcoming and very nice! Room was really nice. Only downfall is the heat of Vienna and no aircons. But if you don't mind that Wombats is awesome.

• 17th Jul 2015

All wonderful, except NO AIR CONDITIONING. I don't think you understand it's been hovering around 40 degrees lately. Not okay. Other than that, lovely rooms, private lockers, clean facilities. Can always rely on Wombat's.

Thank you for your feedback. A heat like that is very unusual in Vienna, that´s why most hotels, hostels, etc. don´t have air-condition in Vienna; also it is a matter of environmental protection. To make it easier to get over this heat wave we have now increased the stock of fans:-) Great to read that you enjoyed the rooms and our facilities and we hope to see u soon again in one of our wombat´s all around Europe:-), your wombat´s team

It was terribly hot. We got no sleep. Very unpleasant.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Absolutely loved it! We came way later than we meant to, and the staff were very understanding. Staff was very helpful and friendly. A fun bar in the hostel, and you get a free drink voucher. Breakfast is only €4.5 and includes bottomless coffee, juice, buns, cereal, fruit. Very delicious, and for a great price. The hostel has a really fun atmosphere! The rooms were small and clean. Very secure- we all had our own locker with a key-card. I definitely recommend it!

Got good atmosphere! But wifi connection is very poor in fifth floor. Not sleeping comfortablely due to heat and can't breathe in the room because window can't be opened bigger!

Hi, yes it was really hot in Vienna throughout the last couple of days - we just recieved a shipment of fans to hand out - that should to the trick. Will def look into the WIFI issue! All the best, Boris

There is no aircon in the room for the price you pay to stay here!! Considering it was 38 degrees outside and the price you pay to stay at this hostel it is very disappointing!!

Thank you very much for your Feedback. Vienna is currently struck by a heat wave never seen before here and we have now increased our stock of fans. Due to environmental reasons we do not provide air-condition (and with our normal weather conditions it is usually not needed). So sorry for the inconvenience of the heat, but i hope that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna and had the opportunity to enjoy a bath in one of Vienna´s pools or in the Danube River!:-) Lots of greetings, your wombat´s team

staff were exceptional at this place. so helpful even though i needed help with really tedious stuff. made it so eeasy for me. room was huge and clean. bathroom was great. location great. breakfast was great value. no complaints.

The location is a bit removed, but the atmosphere, staff and overall experience makes up for it completely. The bar downstairs is convenient, cheap and filled with a great crowd. I highly recommend this location ❤️.

You know what to expect from Wombats thats why i stayed. Clean rooms and ensuite bathroom, great location, handy laundry service, and decent all you can eat breakfast for €4.50. All that - tick! Great atmosphere for more of a party scene. Don't go if you want an intimate hostel, it's massive and there will be Contiki/Topdeck groups which is fine but as solo traveller i like a different vibe from a hostel, one where i can feel at home and get to know everyone. Wombats is great for a short stay.

It was excellent. Very clean, friendly&helpful staff, nice company, plenty of breakfast. The location is great too, the underground is really close and only a few minutes to the city. I recommend the place :)

Didn't like that after a long day traveling I get to the hostel and had to put the sheets on the bed, pillow, and comforter myself. Bathroom and room were clean. The main entrance isn't locked so anyone can just walk in from the street and start talking to/harassing guests- which happened to me. The staff didn't point out anything to see or do on the map or tell me anything about Vienna. The dryers didn't work well at drying my clothes. Wouldn't stay here again. It was ok. Location is great tho!

Thank you for your feedback, we will look into the matters mentioned by you (staff, dryers). great to read that you iked the location of our Hostel:-) best regards and happy travels, your wombat´s team

Wombats the Naschmarkt was a great hostel. I felt very welcome and the staff were very helpful. The room was a four-bed female dorm that was very clean and spacious. I particularly liked that th rooms were cleaned every day.

• 12th Jul 2015

Great hostel, close to all of the main sites and public transport. Right next to Naschmarkt, where you can get good reasonably priced food (just check the menu before you sit down). The staff were excellent, answered all my questions, and even called up the office for the Spanish riding school to check on morning practice times for me. Unfortunately, the horses were on break when I was there, but I really appreciated the help. Can't recommend Wombats enough!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at in Europe