Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

The building was nice but we were unlucky to have really messy and smelly roomates. The service was really good.

I had a great experience at Wombats. Everything is good and convenient. I definitely recommend my friends to stay this awesome Hotel.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Overall atmosphere in the place was not nice, very hostile from many of the guests seemingly not to understand smiling is a common social interaction. The lack of air con in 32C heat was a real problem, needing all windows to be open all the time, which would be kind of ok except for the fact bin lorries go past on the main road outside at 4am making a crazy amount of noise. Staff was mixed, a couple were lovely but the other half were unfriendly and unhelpful.

I am very sorry you had some not so nice experiences while staying at our hostel. I hope that, nevertheless, you enjoyed your trip to Vienna and you might come back once:-) Safe travels from the wombat´s team

Very nice bedrooms. Not that good located in my opinion, it could have been in the same street but more to the center, than to the end of the Naschmarkt where the containers are located. Otherwise very good and friendly staff at the reception, who always helped you out.

Great hostel. Bar on site was rad. Rooms were big and comfortable beds. It got rather hot in the rooms though, no air conditioning and just one small fan. Locker wasn't big enough for my big backpack but that's ok. Was able to store my important stuff in the locker just fine. Power points and light at the bed was nice. Good location, but a bit of a walk from the train station to get there. Would definitely recommend.

Great place to stay in Vienna. Large chain of hostel so its not as easy to meet people, but the rooms were great.

The staff were extremely kind and helpful. In fact, I would consider the staff to be some of the most friendly persons that I have encountered in my extensive world travels. Simply wonderful!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Great location and convenience. The facility is very clean but the dorm/bathroom cleanliness can vary based on fellow guests. Staff is very friendly and willing to answer questions, but not as knowledgeable as I had hoped--i.e. Had difficulty providing restaurant recommendations and excursions details outside of a planned tour. Other guests are quite young, seemed to be mostly in their young twenties.

• 13th Jul 2014

This place is awesome, luxurious compared to other hostels. Common areas were awesome, fun and lively, very easy to meet other travellers. Nice fresh rooms that are clean and lockers provided too. Great location! Wifi doesn't work throughout the building though. Small disappointments include: bed spread was stained, they didn't provide towels.

We only stayed here for one night, but the room was excellent! Very spacious, clean and comfortable.

Excellent, very clean and good atmosphere!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

My stay at the hostel was great! It really made Vienna that much better of a place. And the bar the have in the hostel is a huge plus too!

• 12th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel, special mention for the bar inside, with cheap drinks :p

Really great hostel. Lots of good people and amazing environment. They even offer free pasta in the kitchen!

I really loved this hostel. The bar is amazing, the room is very large and clean, with great location.

I've stayed at this hostel three years in a row. The staff are always very helpful, the rooms clean, and the price great. I love the location, right by the Naschmarkt and within a block or two of the train. I will definitely continue booking Wombats in the future!

A very good option to stay in Wien. Confortable, clean, well located and with a good breakfast.

Rooms are very spacious, with lockers. Right next to underground station, so very convenient to get to/from.

Very modern hostel with great facilities (free wifi, awesome lounge areas, laundry, etc.) . I wasn't in Vienna long so not totally sure of location but it did seem a bit of a walk to city center. Metro station and market right beside though. Excellent sercuity with lockers that lock with your room key. Very well soundproofed, quiet. Breakfast was not included but cheap and well worth the money.

Great place to stay, wifi quality was poor