Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Very modern hostel with great facilities (free wifi, awesome lounge areas, laundry, etc.) . I wasn't in Vienna long so not totally sure of location but it did seem a bit of a walk to city center. Metro station and market right beside though. Excellent sercuity with lockers that lock with your room key. Very well soundproofed, quiet. Breakfast was not included but cheap and well worth the money.

Great place to stay, wifi quality was poor

It's quite expensive for what it is, although it is ideally placed for town (and a metro to elsewhere). A perfectly fine place to sleep but not so great for unwinding after long day sightseeing.

Wombats is a great community hostel with an awesome bar and is perfect for those traveling and wanting to meet people. It's not far from the metro but there is not much else around. No markets or many restaurants nearby. The rooms were dirty and very basic. The breakfast was good although you had to pay for it and the staff was pretty helpful. Would not stay here again.

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback. I am wondering if you maybe stayed in another hostel and mixed up the ratings as there is the biggest market in Vienna just in front of our hostel with a minimum of 100 restaurants in walking distance?! Best regards from Vienna

Room is too hot!!!

Hey there! I am very sorry that your room was too hot, we have a lot of fans in stock for these occasions, so next time just come down to reception for an additional fan. Safe travels

Due to it being a very large hostel, it was difficult to make friends so the atmosphere wasn't good. , it was clean and our dorm was very big. Only one other person turned up in the eight bed dorm so we had the place to ourselves. The bar looked good if a little small. It was fairly close to the centre, within walking distance to all the sites. The kitchen waa quite small considering the amount of people, and it was very hot. Overall a typical chain hostel - good but not exceptional.

Very clean, good people, great location within the city.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • jcurrell

Typical large chain hostel! Good and clean facilities with kitchen and bar! Could have air conditioning in the lounge area or the common area for a hostel this size. It feels like a sauna during a warm day! Location was good right opposite the large food market and 15 mins walk to the cathedral! Atmosphere was good although was harder to meet people as a lot of people there travelled in groups. The staff were amazing too! :)

Best hostel i've been so far. Amazing staff very helpfull. Awesome vibe at the hostel's bar. Only thing that's no aircondition.

Excellent, well established hostel. Great location for going out- walking distance to museums and downtown shopping areas, plus close to the underground train for everything else you may want to get to, and close to the market and groceries for cheap food. Very clean rooms and bathrooms, well stocked kitchen. Atmosphere was good- lots of younger travelers/school groups but still fun. Staff was friendly and helpful. Worth the price.

BED BUGS! Stayed from July 4-7 and had to leave due to bed bugs. A nightmare. Only thing that helped situation was that the staff tried to be as helpful as possible. The young man who worked at night when I came back to find out we all had to be relocated bc of the bed bugs and Eder were great. But moving around, bites that later emerged and fear I'll transfer bugs home, awful. Liked that room had own bathroom. But the beds, even before knew of bugs, seemed runned down. Rooms not cleaned daily.

We are very sorry you had a bad experience with these nasty bugs, they are all around Europe from 5star hotels to hostels, from trains to buses and they love to travel in the bagpacks of fellow travellers; we are trying everything to keep them away, regularly check all rooms, but nevertheless we have the problem sometimes; all our staff (from cleaning to reception) is trained on how to deal with this matter and if a room is infected it is sprayed and closed for at least 3 consecutive days.

Fantastic interior and size of rooms. Excellent kitchen facilities too. Highly recommendable, right outside the Naschmarkt and only a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street, opera and museum quartier.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I had a great time at the hostel. I had already stayed in a Wombats hostel in a different city so I knew what to expect. The staff were very kind and helpful. At first they made a mistake by putting me in the wrong dorm, but after realizing their mistake they immediately made amends by upgrading me to a bigger room. Breakfast was very good and the atmosphere during the Netherlands vs. Costa Rica match was also very nice. In summary, this is the place to stay at if you are in Vienna.

I stayed here for only 1night between my flights, but I would definitely want to Come back for weekend break.

great hostel, really (really) clean, great breakfast, and pretty good location, like 10 minutes walk from the center and 3 minutes from the metro station the avrage age of the guests was really young, im 25 and i felt like hanging with my kid brother.. so if u r in to a quiet and settteld atmosphere it's probably wont be the place for you

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Just a few minor things have to be improved but not that serious ones .. all the rest are excellent!

Great hostel! Good bar and atmosphere and the staff were very helpful!

Works very professional. If you look for a good atmosphere you should look somewhere else. I won't recommend it to lonely travelers that look for meeting people.

Very nice place to stay and see the Nash market.