Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

From the start the staff were great, our private room was fantastic and the atmosphere was brilliant! Clean, modern with plenty of facilities and a really fresh vibe!

Awesome location right by the market. The en suite bathrooms are very nice and very clean. Staff are nice enough, but not too enthusiastic or helpful

Large and impersonal, but a great location.

The standout was the lovely and very helpful staff at reception.this is a very well run facility.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The staff here are really nice and helpful, I love the information on the walls in the lobby for ideas on trips and where to eat etc. The hostel feels really modern and the shower is FANTASTIC! really good water pressure which is quite rare in hostels! The 4 bed female dorm was a bit small, you all felt a bit squashed in. If you are a solo traveller its not great as the hostel is so big that it would be difficult to meet people in the common areas.

Got to my room and the person who was last in hadn't taken off their sheets so I was surprised to find that the staff don't actually take responsibility for things like that.. The bathroom was a constant mess so I'm not sure how often the cleaner was in. The staff are pleasant enough. There were some school groups while I was there which made reception a bit hectic. The bar is good for socializing though and the drinks a relatively cheap. Easy to get to via the underground and not a bad location

It was perfect and also, they help me in everything! :)

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The front desk staff was ill equipped to deal with our US credit cards. Surprising, since I'm sure they get americans all the time. They also have a great bar downstairs with a really party atmosphere and we had a great time. The vibe here is a lot younger, so I would not recommend this hostel for anyone over 30.

The bathroom connected to the room smells of old urine. A lot of people which come and go in the middle of the night. People trying to steel your belongings in the lobby -they tried to take my smartphone. A lot of people don't do their dishes in the common kitchen. No space where you get to talk to other travelers. Poor service at the check-in as soon as it is more than the usual. Met a lot of Asian people, which didn't care about other people trying to sleep....at night and early morning.

• 28th Sep 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The hostel is central located. So you are in town by foot or subway in a few minutes. I can really recommend it...

• 28th Sep 2014

Hostel is located directly across from the Naschmarkt street market, which was great for grabbing a bite to eat rather cheaply. Hostel is also a short walk from the U-Bahn station, and only a 15 minute walk from the city center. Room (private, queen bed) was very clean and perfect for our stay. Staff was incredibly helpful, and gladly helped us make a reservation at Figlmüller's. I would highly recommend staying here, and will likely do so again the next time I am in Vienna.

quite good!

• China

The kitchen needs a better recycling system. In Austria there is a good system and that was missing in the kitchen.

Very nice hostel. More than what I expected. Will definitely stay here again. Staff are very helpful and kind. The rooms are spacious and very clean.

Almost perfect hostel! Big common area in the first of the 6 floors. Could be little bit har to meet another travelers if you are alona, the common area it seems a common area of a big hotel. Great bar!, all the rest, perfect.

great place to stay alone or with people. I MRT a bunch of cool people. hope to stay there again!

The wifi was terrible

• 26th Sep 2014

It's a perfect place to stay. Its clean and quiet. I loved it at Wombats

• 26th Sep 2014
  • India

Good location, close to subway station, but still a walkable distance to city center. Very nice bar, good to meet people. Big rooms. Only bad point was that the bathroom in my dorm (6 beds) was not smelling so good on the second day. Not sure how often they clean it.

Rooms are big. Beds are definitely clean as fresh sheets are self pick-up at the lobby and installed. Location is perfect. Close to subway station, Naschmarkt with a lot of convinience store. Staffs are both friendly, informative and professional. We really appreciate the ability to use guest shower room prior to check-in time. The only complain I got is the confusing laundry facilities. Can't figure out the dryer machine and end up paying double for my clothes to be dried.

• 25th Sep 2014