Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

The breakfast was amazing! Great value for money.

I felt there at home. Wonderful rooms, friendly staff, two department stores near hostel, really near the underground. I recommend this beautiful place. Thank you guys!

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was very clean, organized, social, and perfectly located just outside the city--less than 10 minutes walking from downtown. The bar downstairs was always social and busy, even on a Sunday and Monday night. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone and everyone of all ages.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. The market outside is good for a look around and can easily get into the centre via the U-bahn. The hostel was obviously cleaned very regularly and the facilities (WIFI/ laundry/walking our) were great.) Bar had a really good atmosphere and cheap cocktails. Rooms were huge and bathrooms great. Would definatelty recommend.

Location is good, there is a metro station right beside the hostel as well as a supermarket. Rooms are clean and have a lot of space, bathrooms clean and new. Breakfast was really good for the price and the bar was fun and had good drink specials.

Absolutely fantastic, we stayed in three Wombats hostels and this one was by far the best! Everyone is really friendly and helpful, the bar provides a great way to meet new people and although it doesn't initially seem like it when you arrive the hostel is in a great location by the centre, and also nearby shops and the underground. The kitchen is well-equipped, and the lockers are secure. My only slight improvement would be to have a sink for handwashing laundry, but that's being really picky!

• 15th Aug 2014

All was very good. There were some noise through windows at Sunday night - but it was not a big problem. Room for six was cozy and big. Bathroom big enough, although - the soap appears only on the fifth night of my stay. Good breakfasts.

• Ukraine

Overall good stay. Right across from the main market. About 10-15 min walk to everything you need to see, and real close to a metro if you want to go farther.

all is good!!

• South Korea

This is a very nice youth hostel. I love its breakfast (only at 3 euros and all you can eat!!!!). The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is very clean equipped with lockers highly secured. I will definitely stay there again when visiting again Vienna.

Very commercial hostel. Maybe a little bit too big to meet up with fellow travellers, but it does have a decent bar and lots of dining space. Wi-fi was very slow for most of my stay which was a little frustrating, apart from that I would recommend staying here.

Hey there, thanks very much for your feedback. We are currently working on improving our wifi.

One of the best hostels i've stayed in. Great location. City center is just a short walk away. Great atmosphere. Right in front of the main market. Close to the metro. Just perfect. Highly recomended.

Rude staff ruined the overall experience. Not very central location.

• 13th Aug 2014

Hey there! We are very sorry for any bad experience you had with our staff. Would you be so kind and write us an email (office-naschmarkt@wombats.eu) and tell us more in detail what happened; we are always working on improving our service and every feedback helps:-)

Very modern and clean hostel. Great lobby space to socialize or just chill. Excellent bar, with fun bartenders, on the premises. Amazing market located just outside too.

Really lovely clean hostel, good location 100m away from the metro line, nice bed and duvet and pillow and bedsheets, really comfy! The hostel's bar is really nice as well. Only downside: Slowest and most annoying elevators ever, but that's not a massive problem :)

Pretty standing expectations for a hostel chain. Staff was very helpful for any information. The hostel was very hot even though it was cool outside, and the bar was very stinky inside. Other than that, again, pretty standard.

Pretty nice place to stay, great location for getting out for some food. Staff were really friendly and knew lots of useful information. The rooms were great and clean. Only problem was the shower being in the same bit as the toilet.

Wombats City hostel Vienna was a great experience and I'll probably stay there again one day! Wombats takes into consideration what travellers need and thus the hostel provides you with clean rooms and facilities, a nice bar and breakfast and also a voucher with which you can get one free drink from the bar/at breakfast. The lounge is a nice place to hang out and the staff is super nice and helpful.

Very well located and clean. Suitable for large groups as it has a hotel atmosphere rather than a hostel due to it's size.

The hostel is in a great location, with easy access to the center of Vienna and the Naschmarkt right in front of it! The facilities are very good too, but the bathroom in my room could use some changes, as it was ALWAYS wet with water that leaked out of the shower. The bar kn the first floor was very noisy, too! Beds are OK, and sheets are clean. Didn't see any cleaning in my room, even though I stayed 5 or 6 nights. The breakfast was nice and well worth the money. Overall good stay.