Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Really nice and clean hostel in a great location. Highly recommend.

A True Gateway to Vienna | Place To Be ' Location is great (once you get to know the city) - | Hostel is very good, standard quality insured : everything you expect from a hostel, nothing to stress abour, nice lounge, good place to socialize and very helpful staff | Price are fair | Will come back, for sure :)

My visit to Wombats Hostel in Vienna was great! The room was spacious. The bathroom was also nice and clean. Inside the rooms the lockers can be locked using your room key and they are quite roomy. To me the location was the best part about the hostel. It is right in front of the markets. You step outside of the hostel and you can have a stroll around and grab some food and drinks. The walk to the museums quarter is about 7 minutes so no need to take the metro. Definitely recommended!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Fantastic stay and great facilities. Found the kitchen very useful and bar was always buzzing.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Only stayed here one night, but thought it was a really good hostel. Had good facilities - the room had an en-suite so you shared bathrooms with less people. Would stay here again.

Great location. Across the street from Naschmarkt, 3 min. walk to the U-bahn, and right next to a few grocery stores. Plenty of chill places if you want to meet people, and our 4 bed dorm was clean and spacious.

Wonderful staff at reception, very clean accommodation and because of the key cards it felt very secure! Would have loved to stay longer, even to just hang out at the facilities more which seemed to lack nothing! Cosy area at the front and fun bar!

Was a bit uncomfy with the summer heat!

Hi, yes it is really hot at the moment. We try to have an unlimited supply of fans during the hot summer months. Or you can cool down in the bar - but careful - you might get sprayed with a water gun! All the best, Boris

Bit of a walk from Wien Hausbahnhof, especially with rucksacks in 30 degree celcius heat. but you can get the metro which doesn't cost much. Bar was great, providing a fantastic social spot to meet new people. Aldi right next door but would recommend going to the shop down the road, turning right from the hostel. Right next to Nashmarket. The free tour we went on wasn't very good however we had heard previous days it had been very fun so we put it down to our tour guide. Breakfast- well worth it

Very mass-produced. I had to make my bed myself and bring the sheets down at check out, which isn't a big deal, but for the price I'd expected it to be done for me. It was really hot without air-conditioning with the summer heatwave. The atmosphere is more like a hotel than a hostel, albeit a hotel for young people.

We stayed in double room with private bathroom for 2 nights, I think the impression is better than some of the 3 star hotels with things are clean and new. The price for staying in a double room seems a bit expensive in hostel standard but actually it worth more than its price, with all doors in electric locks and a very nice lobby with good environment, where you can enjoy good security as in hotel but good atmosphere and meet new friends as in hostel Highly recommended!

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was only here for one day and one night but I liked this hostel, especially the beds. So comfy and each had a light and a locker. The kitchen was also excellent. Despite it's reputation, I didn't think this hostel had much atmosphere. It was full of people chatting so it had a good vibe but because the hostel is so huge most people were in giant groups and not really trying to make friends.

I walked in the hostle bar and few seconds later get shot in the face with a water gun. Some drunk kid with 4 friends don't like that I give him attitude - this is because there is a sign on the wall that states that you might get wet. The front desk worker said it's hot and not a big deal. So it's allowed at Wombats. In all honesty I got terrible nightlife advice and it's set up for children on their parents money. Do Vienna differently.

Hi, sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that you got sprayed with a water gun. ALl the best, Boris

This hostel is like a hotel, it's so huge! That's why the atmosphere is not so intimate. Clean and comfy, near to the city center and metro station.

Wombats was really great. We only stayed one night but it was a good one night. When you needed to sleep the rooms were very quiet. If you want to meet people, the lobby area and bar are perfect for that. The lobby area has a ton of space for laying down and waiting so that you may check in. The only problem I had was the lack of air conditioning. It was really hot when I stayed.

Amazing understanding customer service!

Nice hostel. Large rooms. A bit of a walk to the city but the underground is very close and convenient.

Great location! Great hostel and very clean but prepared for party crowds like contiki and busabout . May be too big to stay in if you're solo traveling or prefer to meet older people

The room I was in was roomy and had a bathroom. The hostel was clean and well organised. The breakfast was good and open early for travellers catching early morning transport.

I had a great stay at this hostel - awesome common area, friendly people and the comfiest bed in an 8-week trip! Clean, fresh design and right by the Naschmarkt and easy enough to get to most other places in the city. Staff were efficient and especially responsive at night when the noise next door carried on past midnight. The ideal backpacker's hostel - would definitely recommend.