Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

One of the best I have stayed in through Europe! Rad bar area with FREE pool! Very clean

• 15th Jan 2016

First, this hostel's location is perfect! Around the hostel, there were lots of supermarket and cheap restaurant! And All staffs are very kind! Room and bathroom was so clean, even thought I stayed there really cold weather, I didn't feel cold inside room! If I visted Wien again, I would stay there definitely!! Everything was perfect;)

Thank you so much for your review:-) Yes, it is really cold right now, brrrr and our heaters have a lot of work to do:-) We are glad to read that you had a great time staying in Vienna and in our Hostel. Hope to see u once again in one of our wombat´s Hostels all around Europe:-) your wombat´s team

The hostel was in the perfect location and we really enjoyed the free walking tour provided. The breakfast was delicious and the room was clean and comfortable. Thank you!

Average hostel, staff were rude when we questioned why they needed to keep either a bank card, licence or passport as a deposit for the room key. This system is quite ridiculous as I was driving in Vienna and needed all 3 of these things. Seems leaving a cash deposit is not acceptable either.

Thank you very much for your feedback. The reason for the deposit is that we need to be able to identify our guests; therefore we need a photo ID. If you cannot give an ID, we can always just make a copy of your passport:-) Lots of greetings from Vienna, your wombat´s team:-)

This is a very nice hostel for a quick stay in Vienna! The rooms were spacious, impeccably clean and we had our own bathroom. The neighborhood the hostel is in could be better, but it is close to a metro stop and a quick trip to the city center. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

The hostel was in a great location, it did a great job of being located between the ringstrasse and the summer palace. The only complaint I have was about the beds. The mattresses were a little thin and the blankets could have been a little warmer (I went in winter). Other than that, it's a great bet.

staff needs to wear wombat suits

• 14th Jan 2016

Haha. true that!:-)) Lots of greetings, your wombat´s staff

Fabulous place to stay!!! Much better than St Christopher's Hostels in ALL respects--quality, price, staff!! Will definitely come back again and recommend to others!!

• 14th Jan 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are happy that you were happy and are waiting for welcoming you again:-))) your wombat´s team

Next time I will book a hotel. I am too old for a night with no sleep, because of the roommates. I had to work the next day.

• 14th Jan 2016

Thank you very much for your review! Best regards, your wombat´s staff

One of the best hostel I've been to. Big kitchen and a very nice bar so you can start to interact and socialize. Very central location, always a big smile on the staff's faces (and they know the city well), very clean bedrooms with a big locker included. No, really, not a bad thing I could say... This is a great hostel.

If you're familiar with Wombats, this is one of the nicer ones. We stayed in an 8 bed and it was huge and spotlessly clean with it's own bathroom and shower. Each person gets their own bed light and outlet. The breakfast was pretty cheap and you get quite a lot with it. The real selling point is these chair/bed things in the common area that are really comfortable. Everyone seems to hang out there and it's a good place to chill or meet other travellers. Good location too, right in the market.

Location was great, right outside the Naschmarkt, and only about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. Rooms were big and spacious. Breakfast was on until 10:30, with a range of options.

Excellent facilities and staff. Free pool games are definitely a bonus i loved.

Really great Hostel! Breakfast was fantastic, and worked out very cheap, especially in Vienna. Rooms were big and airy, very secure and warm, bathrooms were great. Only notes: No ATM, and bar is cash only. Don't put your swipey card on your iPhone or it may stop working and you can get trapped! Kitchen was quite small Also they conduct ticket checks at the station nearby. I forgot when my 72 hr ticket ran out, and got fined 103 euros, so be super careful! Great experience overall.

perfect hostel. although i dont think it's in the city center, the other part make me feel really satisfied. the reception hall is amazing, makes me feel so nice, also the kitchen. and the room is very big, i have the one with perfect big window i really love it. thanks.

Very helpful front desk, great atmosphere in the foyer, spacious rooms, really cool bar. Location is great, as you are right next to the central market, and a wonderful traditional restaurant (Franz) around the corner.

Everything was perfect..

Great to read that you enjoyed your time with us:-) yoru wombat´s team

Very nice hostel and a place to stay

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Bulgaria

The experience was amazing!! The concept of the hostel is really great and we had good time there wihwith the people we meet also. The only thing is that, one bathroom for 5 people is a lot.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Chile

Pretty decent place, location a little odd.