Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

BED BUGS! Stayed from July 4-7 and had to leave due to bed bugs. A nightmare. Only thing that helped situation was that the staff tried to be as helpful as possible. The young man who worked at night when I came back to find out we all had to be relocated bc of the bed bugs and Eder were great. But moving around, bites that later emerged and fear I'll transfer bugs home, awful. Liked that room had own bathroom. But the beds, even before knew of bugs, seemed runned down. Rooms not cleaned daily.

We are very sorry you had a bad experience with these nasty bugs, they are all around Europe from 5star hotels to hostels, from trains to buses and they love to travel in the bagpacks of fellow travellers; we are trying everything to keep them away, regularly check all rooms, but nevertheless we have the problem sometimes; all our staff (from cleaning to reception) is trained on how to deal with this matter and if a room is infected it is sprayed and closed for at least 3 consecutive days.

Fantastic interior and size of rooms. Excellent kitchen facilities too. Highly recommendable, right outside the Naschmarkt and only a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street, opera and museum quartier.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I had a great time at the hostel. I had already stayed in a Wombats hostel in a different city so I knew what to expect. The staff were very kind and helpful. At first they made a mistake by putting me in the wrong dorm, but after realizing their mistake they immediately made amends by upgrading me to a bigger room. Breakfast was very good and the atmosphere during the Netherlands vs. Costa Rica match was also very nice. In summary, this is the place to stay at if you are in Vienna.

I stayed here for only 1night between my flights, but I would definitely want to Come back for weekend break.

great hostel, really (really) clean, great breakfast, and pretty good location, like 10 minutes walk from the center and 3 minutes from the metro station the avrage age of the guests was really young, im 25 and i felt like hanging with my kid brother.. so if u r in to a quiet and settteld atmosphere it's probably wont be the place for you

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Just a few minor things have to be improved but not that serious ones .. all the rest are excellent!

Great hostel! Good bar and atmosphere and the staff were very helpful!

Works very professional. If you look for a good atmosphere you should look somewhere else. I won't recommend it to lonely travelers that look for meeting people.

Very nice place to stay and see the Nash market.

위치가 정말 좋아요. 깨끗하고, 조용하고, 친절하기까지 합니다. 다만 끝쪽방은 wifi가 잘 안터지네요

This hostel had everything you could need, and I enjoyed being so close to the supermarkets and Naschmarkt. The bar gets very busy at night and is a fun place to go for a drink.

Excellent hostel. Great Location.

I totally recommend this hostel, strategically located in from of the Grossmarkt; the facilities are very tidy and modern, the dorms are very organised and clean, very good option.

Staff was friendly & helpful,Nice place to stay.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Everything was great, but the Wi-fi sucks!

Great place. Awesome bar to hangout in the hostel. Would stay again and recommend.

Me and five of my friends stayed in this hostel for four nights. We found the room was a good enough size for six people. The room and bathroom were clean on arrival. However after two days we started to get a very strange smell from the shower drain. It wasn't very nice as it stunk out our room. The hostel offered a buffet breakfast for €3.50 which was very convenient for us. The hostel is directly outside the nashmarket. Over very good hostel. Would stay again!

Good hostel. Clean. Staff helpful. Nice room.

• 29th Jun 2014

The Wombats Vienna is awesome! The best one of all wombats that I've been. The only problem is the wifi, that is not so good.