Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Location is perfect, but value for money is average..even though in Vienna everything costs much. I hoped before arriving to meet some good people at the hostel, but since they apparently have just a few big dorms and since its a very big hostel, making friendships is not so easy. I'd suggest it for couples wanting to spend not so much and for big groups already set with friendships. Don't come here if u backpack on your own

I really enjoy the stay in wombat. It is very near to the underground station. The kitchen is quite big and allows me to cook without queuing. The breakfast is well valued, the drinks from the coffee machine is nice. Staffs are very helpful and helped us to print our Ryanair boarding pass. I would recommend anyone coming to vienna to stay in this hostel.

• 26th Dec 2014

Staff extremely helpful with answering any questions and providing general information. free lockers in the room was also a big plus.

• 26th Dec 2014

Right by the metro station the wombats lives up to its reputation. A 10 min walk form the city centre and right by a street market. It's well located and the staff is welcoming and warm. The breakfast buffet is nice. The bar is cool and nice to meet people. There is a hammock in the common area and the place is very comfy to just chill and relax.

Nice stay, central location and helpful staff.

About Hostel: Hostel was nice and the rooms were very good. We have the attached bathroom and security lockers and cleanliness was good. Place: The place was beautiful and a good to visit place.

awesome hostel, awesome ambiance, everything was the best

Excellent, modern and clean hostel very close to the city centre. Very good breakfast for 3.90€.

Second time at a Wombats Hostel and definitely keeps to its high standards. Last time I stayed at The Lounge which has awesome social areas, but I chose this one this time for location. I stayed in the 4 bed deluxe room - STAY HERE, the view is amazing plus the room is awesome too - it's huge!

Excellent place, the rooms, location atmoshpere is very nice. Kitchen, bar , living room everything is good. Wi-fi is poor in the rooms you need to go downstair. The staff very helpful. I have a great time there. The breakfast is very good and cheap aroun 4 euros but with different options.

Super fun hostel, very clean and the showers are great!

For self-service: Just a very small kitchen for literally 2 -4 people at the same time. Minus point. Huge kitchen for breakfast which is offered separately for small value. Good point, as if you do not want to take it, you do not have to pay for it.

It was my second time in Vienna, but the first for my friends. Overall we were satisfied! The location is prima! Nest to the hostel you'll find supermarkets, asia shop and fresh open market (Naschmakrt)! As a group (8p) we love to save by buying food from the shops and really enjoyed shoping at the Naschmarkt. We cooked a lot! Facilities: couldn't ask for more as a hostel. We loved using the kitchen and the huge common dining room. The only minor thing is maybe the unstable Wifi connectivity

I really loved staying at this hostel. The staff was amazing and I look forward to seeing them again when I go back to Vienna. I loved the room and the overall clean and fun aesthetic of the hostel. I would definitely stay here again. The hostel is super close to Naschmarkt which I think anyone could love, especially if you're traveling during the summer. It's also right off the U (their subway) and a quick walk to most things I wanted to see.

The atmosphere and staff were absolutely excellent. The only negative thing I can say about this hostel is that the mattress was a bit uncomfortable, but other than that it was an amazing and very unique place to stay!

Our room was great except for the toilet in the bathroom. It looked like the toilet seat had recently been replaced but the new seat was too big and sat 5 inches too forward. It also was leaking every time we flushed. When I told the front desk about this they were nice about it but said the plumber wouldn't be there for a week. Just kinda frustrating they didn't try to offer us another room or a solution, but I guess it was a hostel so what do I expect. Otherwise it was a great stay in Vienna.

• 21st Dec 2014

Wombats Hostel are more like a hotel; they've got efficient services and systems in place for everything, down to collecting the sheets and all. The Naschmarkt Wombats was close to the station and on the same line as Schonbrunn palace, so pretty well located.

The hostel is very comfortable to live in. There was access to all facilities allowed, even after checking out. Staff was really helpful. I fully recommend staying at Wombats City Hostel Vienna

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Poland

I had a fantastic time here, this hostel is literally a 15 minute walk from the Hofburg (which was very helpful when getting up early to see the Vienna Boys' Choir at the Hofburgkapelle). I met some very interesting people from around the world, and the facilities both in the 4-person room and the public areas are very reasonable. Two small complaints: the wifi is a bit slow for using Google Maps, and the common kitchen was rather messy. But all in all, an excellent experience.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

This was our 3rd stay at this hostel and it was excellent as always. Warm and friendly welcome at the reception,helpful staff, clean rooms, great bar downstairs, tasty breakfast in the morning... What more could you possibly want? ;)