Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

So modern, clean and secure, extremely quiet. Location on Naschmarkt was perfect to grab food, very close to the metro as well. Internet always worked in the room, grocery store next door, and I love their locker technology. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I return to Vienna in the future.

Really loved this hostel! It's about a 15-20-minute walk from the Innere Stadt, so it's not the most central, but it's very close to a metro stop and a supermarket, and right across from the Naschmarkt (where I had the best - and cheapest - falafel of my life). It's big, but the bar and common room make it easy to meet people if you want - and if you don't want, the rooms are good-sized and quiet (and clean), and come with lockers and reading lights. I recommend this one!

It is excellent place to live

The rooms were nice and quite spacious and had their own bathroom which was pretty good. The location is perfect, directly at the Naschmarkt which is a good place to start the day. The bar was a good place to meet people, but there were no evening activities or anything. I would recommend the free walking tour!

nice rooms, but the bed could have a better mattress.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Austria

After staying at the other WombatHostels in Vienna several times, we have now tried this one and liked it, too. Everything is very new here, spacious & lovely room, maybe less crowded than the others. Buffet breakfast is always great! The only doubt would be about the location: even if it's not far from most sights & attractions in the city center and only 150m from the underground station, the area is pretty dead after lunch time (esp. on weekends) and there is no direct connection to airport.

Very good place, helpful staff, very clean and organized. The breakfast costs 3,90€, but it is amazing.

Good place to stay. Not very homey, but the bar is a decent place to meet people.

The location was a bit of a hike from the center of Vienna but it was a fairly good hostel. It didn't have the homey personal feel a lot of hostels have that I like, it felt more impersonal like a hotel. But the staff were nice enough, the room was spacious and secure, the other guests were nice and the facilities were very good.

Our stay at Wombat's Naschmarkt I am rating as "Excellent" all around. I particularly liked the availability of kitchen facilities. When travelling on a budget, it is GREAT to only have to go out for a meal when one wants to!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great experience! The location was amazing, the team was great and everything was clean. Couldn´t have asked for more!!!

Staff were professional and friendly. The location is excellent and the facilities are clean and secure. Atmosphere is somewhat lacking - but as to be expected in such a large hostel in Vienna. The bar is small and the 6pm opening hour leaves no option of a nice drink with lunch. The common area isn't very sociable. BUT best walking tour ever - recommended. Good for a big group.

If you're travelling in a group, this hostel is great. Good facilities, very secure, good location. However, if you're travelling alone, it is really hard to meet people there, the atmosphere is kind of sterile, not very conducive to meeting people, so it can feel a bit lonely despite the hoards of people.

Hey there! Thanks very much for your comment. We are currently working on making our chillout areas even more comfy than they already are in order to encourage guests to spend more time there and get to know new people. Also we will totally re-design our bar and make it more comfortable. So, who knows, next time you come to Vienna, you might make a bunch of new friends in our new chillout area:-))

Hostel was fine, OK for a chain, but staff not that friendly, kitchen was dirty and there was no oven and only one microwave, so there was a que of about 20 people waiting to heat there microwave meals up at 8 o clock on Friday night. Good location at least. Rooms clean and secure. Overall - average hostel.

Hey there! Thanks very much for your feedback on our hostel. We have already talen your rating to heart and have started to "pimp" our guest kitchen with a second microwave; other improvements will follow. So, next time you come to Vienna, an improved guest kitchen will be waiting for you:-) Lots of greetings from Vienna:-)

Nothing to complain about except for the fact that they charged me 2 euros more at the reception desk. After I checked my hostelworld reservation I noticed that the first value they were asking was already more than the value I was supposed to pay based on my hostelworld recipt. I end up paying a little more (around 3 euros) than I was expecting. Appart from that, everything was ok. WC was perfectly clean. Great stay! (Cannot comment the breakfast because I had not.)

This was a very well thought out and well run hostel. Everything is provided for and had an excellent stay. Definitely check this place out when you come to Vienna!

im a tourist from malaysia..the hostel is very worthwhile to stay for..just need to improve here and there a lil bit

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The best hostel where I have ever been! I had a really good time! Might be an idea to inform everybody that things can be stolen, that way people will pay more attention to their things, because they know stuff have been stolen before in the common areas!

Not the best location, and kind of expensive for a weeknight. A lot of amenities, so I might recommend one of the other locations. The bar downstairs was nice, but it was dead while I was there,, so I won't hold that against them

Solo traveller for a 5month trip this place hands down is the cracker absolutely awesome place to stay - Australia ;)