Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

very cozy and the staff was great! great showers. location close to the metro

First of all, the location is very good. Near metro station, near every sightseeing sights. I walked almost everywhere. The room was clean, spacious, and had a seperate shower room and toilet. It was really convenient.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Basically a hotel with multiple beds in each room. Great price. Great staff, open 24 hours. They provide you clean sheets for your bed and cleaning people come to your room daily and do a nice wipe down of everything. Located directly across from a metro station, and located about 10 minutes away (walking) from the Vienna city center. Free tours offered by the hostel. Also directly across the street from Austria's largest outdoor market.....so much cheap and delicious food!!!

Was overall not bad however the queues at reception were fairly long and when I first arrived in the room I was assigned all the beds were taken, meaning I had to lug all my stuff plus bed linen and towel back down to reception and up to another room.

The staff were brilliant, helped me out with print outs for flights etc. as well as tourist info. Can't remember his name (sorry) but he liked Rise Against. Great hostel

Great hostel, awesome location, supermarket next door, big rooms and clean bathrooms. Lots of big tour groups though, with underage travellers: hostel has more of a family vibe than a party, but fitting for Vienna. P.s. go to Dr. Felafel at the market across the street! Yum!

호스텔은 나름 깨끗하고 넓어서 지내기 좋았다. 위치는 지하철역 바로앞에 위치해있었고, 호스텔 옆에는 마켓이있어서 바로 사서 요리해먹기 좋았다. 다만, 마지막날 밤, 남녀무리들이 복도를 뛰어다니며 소리를 지르고, 방안에서 크게 소리치고 놀아서 밤잠을 설쳤다. 그외에는 모든것들이 편했다. 관광지와 가까운점, 지하철역이 바로앞이여서 이동이 편했다. 스태프들은 친절했다.

The hostel is very good The location is perfect dont need transport for The pricipals spots in Vien! O hostel é sensacional limpo e perto de tudo em Viena recomendo!

The rooms are comfortable and clean. There is a nice hostel bar, which is a great place for meeting others. Just go to the bar and you get chatting to others easily. I stayed 3 nights. Staff both on reception and bar very friendly. The hostel arranges a free walking tour which is great and worth doing

thanks for the welcome drinks and the towels when it rained

I really enjoyed my stay here I will definitely recommend here

one of the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Private bathrooms in the rooms, super clean, great atmosphere, has its own bar, kitchen and common room (with a hammock!) next to two supermarkets and a minute from the underground. Would definitely recommend

It is a very large hostel which made it quite difficult to meet people and the atmosphere is quite poor. The hostel was very clean and the dorms are very big. We had a lot of problems with noise during the night and the mornings, every morning around 5am there was all kinds of banging which woke us up. It is fairly close to the centre and very accessible by the U-Bahn. The kitchen was quite small considering the amount of people.

This is an extremely clean, professionally run hostel right next to the Naschmarkt and a U-Bahn station. I would stay here again.

My boyfriend and I stayed at Wombats City Hostel (Naschmarkt) for 4 nights and we absolutely loved it! We booked a double room with private bathroom. The room was super spacious and bright. The bathroom was super clean and shower, sink and toilet seat were all clearly new. Bedlinen and towels were included. We met people of all ages and backgrounds and everybody was respectful to each other, making the atmosphere super comfortable and enjoyable. No noise at night. Definitely RECOMMENDED!!

Wombats has figured out the formula for a quality hostel. It lacks the personalised, communal atmosphere of a smaller hostel. But this can't be helped due to the large size of the place. Good location, friendly staff, good facilities. Would definitely stay again.

Great location. Halfway between city center and the train station and right next to the Naschmarkt. The well-priced breakfast was pretty good as well. I would stay here again if I ever make it back to Vienna

Excellent staff. Great location. The facilities are absolutely amazing. It is basically like staying in a hotel. Everything was clean and modern. Wifi was weak in the rooms but worked great in the lobby.

Modern facilities but "cleaning" staff doesn't actually clean the toilets or the rooms sufficiently. I stayed there for several days and the ensuite toilet in our room became increasingly more disgusting. I told the girl at the front desk that they need to clean our restroom but she replied that they already clean it regularly. Needless to say, this was quite an unacceptable response.

I am very sorry for the inadequate response you got at the front desk; as you are saying this is nt the right answer and we have already talked to the girl so that she can react better the next time. I hope that you enjoyed your stay nevertheless and wish you safe travels. Sophie Manager

There is only one communal kitchen, which is very small, the place probably needs 2 kitchens, & these should be thoroughly cleaned more frequently, otherwise pcw is OK, lm bit pissed off with them because confirmed my date & time of arrival, as l am travelling for 3 months & made all bookings before, l left, as l made so many l confirmed with all places to ensure l had dates correct etc, when l got to this hostel they told me l was supposed to arrive the day before, and ch