Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Great hostel ... :-)

Good stay apart from the fact the person I was traveling with had their bank information stolen off her comluter through the "secure" wifi network they provide. Someone piggybacked her connection and stole her details while she purchased a bus ticket on the Internet.

Really nice atmosphere, some nice staff, a really nice bar inside. Dirty floor at all on at the room, but clean beds and free towels. Was a really nice stay there!

Pretty standard hostel, shower in our room was amazing. The breakfast was pretty decent but probably not worth paying for especially if you're not going to eat much, there's a market right outside which does amazing food so just go there instead. You also have to pay to use the computers which is a big no for me, when you're travelling and need to book things and contact people its not right to charge for computer access. I'd stay again as long as I brought my own laptop.

I find the luggage room a little bit unsafe, but otherwise I am perfectly satisfied. Awesome hostel!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Very close to subway stop! Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers to store your things in. Clean room and great breakfast! Have stayed at both the Munich and Vienna Wombats and they are GREAT

This is a fantastic hostel near the underground station and a fabulous market with lots of food stalls and restaurants. The rooms were clean, the staff was great, and there was a great bar off the lobby. Power outlets and lights at all the beds, and lockers large enough to store most backpacks. Great hostel, no complaints, and I'd definitely stay here again.

We were very happy about our stay in Wombat's. It is much better than expected. Thanks for everything!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Excellent security and amazing staff attitude. Really fun atmosphere and a very easy place to make good friends. Great common room area, fantastic bar area and the breakfast is well worth the money!! I also highly recommend taking the free walking tour. It made all the difference in my stay! Very pleased with this hostel!

A perfect hostel. The double room was clean and quite big. They even gave us a hairdryer when we broke ours. Breakfast (at 3,90 euro) is complete. There is really everything you need. Close to the city centre and in a nice area.

No control over the luggage room. Really good room, hot shower, nice staff

It was the best hostel ever.

Great hostel! Didn't expect it to be so large, but that was alright. Also booked a 6 person room but was put in a 4 person dorm, not complaining because that as very nice. I like how there was a bar in the hostel, especially since it was cold and rainy, so it was nice not to have to go out to get a drink. The WiFi was not very reliable, especially in the bar and eating area, and sometime in the room. But other than that everything was great, including the clean sheets and towels!

Friendly staff with large kitchen to cool however had to rewash everything, though that's previous guests. Good bar and great location close to train station. Wifi can be abit iffy and drops out occasionally. Breakfast is good for 3.90€. Staff are hit and miss, had some which gave terrible advice while others were great and went above. Bathroom and dorm rooms clean. Great hostel

Very nice hostel! Just next to the Naschmarkt. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean. Didn't make use of their facilities much though!

Really well located and very clean. It was a great choice i would deffinetely recommend it!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

It was my first time to backpack solo. I think I may have met the most people in this particular hostel than any other hostel I stayed in! The staff were great at recommending really unique and interesting places to go, which a tourist like myself would never find. A really welcoming

Great place even for a more grown up

Thanks very much for your comment! Safe travels:-)

Excellent Hostel. I was sick one day and the staff wrote down what I needed at the chemist, in German, so that I got exactly what I needed. Apart from this, 10 minite walk right into the heart of the city, plus the awesome markets across the road. Best hostel I stayed in my entire trip, so far!

Wombats chain. I enjoyed my stay so much in budapest that i decided to stay in a wombats in vienna. The atmosphere was amazing, really good vibe. As it was my birthday they gave me some free drinks which is rare in some hostels. Wifi was a bit temperamental but didn't really use it as i was out most of the day. Restaurants, bars, trains, monuments were very close by metro. I felt it was a little expensive for the hostel but all in all great experience.