Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

overall it was a nice stay for 2 days, though I hoped that they had mentioned they offer a towel. I found out that the next day. There was no kitchen where i could use microwave or kettle.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Upon check in you don't receive any information in regards to what you should see and do whilst in Vienna. You a simply handed a map, they don't even tell you when the free walking tour is. The free walking tour with Charles was great. It was very informative and he is a great laugh.

• 4th Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback:-) We will pass on your positive feedback to Charles and will work on your critical feedback with our receptionists! Happy travels:-) Your wombat´s team

Only complaint is that there were a few beatles in our room. Matresses a little dirty but everything else was clean. Small but fully stocked kitchen available. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hallway doors somewhat loud but okay. Cool place to hang out and meet people. I was there for business...our 4 person dorm was quite enough for that.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your feeback. We have already exchanged the mattresses, unfortunately they get dirty pretty quick:-(, but we are exchanging them regularly. We are glad you enjoyed hanging out in our hostel and hope to welcome you soon again:) Your wombat´s team

The in room lockers were very nice, the build in lock made if convenient because I didn't need my own padlock which sometimes doesn't even fit, or properly lock. And Definitely the best pillows in all of the world of Hostels. I would definitely stay at Wombats again, and will be looking for one in all future cities.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Glad that you had a good time here:-) Your wombat´s team

The hostel was excellent in respects for location, value for money and cleanliness. The staff were very obliging and we had excellent service from everyone we encountered. The free walking tour guide was amazing with lots of little jokes and information. I cannot think of anything negative. We had an enjoyable stay and would certainly look out for Wombat hostels in other cities.

• Israel

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Immaculate, new, close to everything, pleasant helpful staff, none of the flophouse feel of some hostels. Wouldn't stay anywhere else next time in Vienna, or any other city where they have a hostel.

Wifi conection was very poor in the room, and we were only on the first floor, the bar had a good atmosphere, but closed at 1am. The orange juice at breakfast wasn't very nice. Despite these small few things i had a great stay and met some really cool people.

• 3rd Mar 2015

This hostel has a great location and the staff were very helpful. The room was clean and every bunk has an outlet and a light. The wifi worked great and the bar downstairs is fun!

Great hostel, lots of places to meet people (not just the bar), great location, facilities, friendly staff, etc. One really flawed policy though- they collect your photo ID as a key deposit (for just a key card!), and wouldn't even agree to take a cash deposit instead.

• 2nd Mar 2015

to many tourists groups, it was really sad walking in the lobby because everyone was using their phone no social interaction, but facilites were good and clean, loved the locker system and the big spacy rooms and nice showers!

Thanks for your feedback.

My room was very nice but the bathroom was very bad smell and compared to budapest hostel I stayed, which is the same network, left much to be desired!

Hey there, thanks for your feedback; it would be very nice if you could write us an email (office-naschmarkt@wombats.eu) and tell us which room you stayed in, so we can check what caused the smell. Best regards from Vienna:-)

The hostel have a excellent location, it is clean and very cosy. The kitchen is big and well organized. The room was comfortable and tidy.

hostal is in a good location, very clean, the staff is very gentile(10/10) and very helpfully. the unique thing is if you are a traveller is not the right place to meet people cause is too big(in my experience) maybe not i would stay again cause the place is great

The hotel is very friendly, very satety and good installation.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Excellent location very convenient for the cost

• 28th Feb 2015
  • India

Nice hostel. Although one of the first times I've felt old in a hostel, seemed to be full of sixth formers on their first trip abroad.

The hostel is good. Walking distance from the center and main attractions. The location during the night can be pretty scared around the nearst metro station... I've enjoy my stay, except for the noisy people in my room. I wish if the hostel have a silice policy or so that inform people about it! Because when you are sleeping at 23:00 and people are speaking loud and lights on in your room... it's not actually nice.

We were group of 6 girls and had the whole room just for us, which was great! However the room was very spacious and there are lockers, if shared with completely unknown people. The hostel is very comfortable furnished, especially the lounge area which was great for waiting, when you're already checked out, but there is still some time remaining until your departure. We also really liked the bar area. Our special greetings go to the staff, who were incredible friendly and helpful, thanks! :-)

All the staff at this hostel were amazing! They knew which bars/clubs to recommend and gave us very precise directions to get there so we wouldn't get lost which was awesome. The hostel itself is very clean, perfectly located, and has a super fun bar as well. Would definitely go there again, and recommend it to anyone.

• 27th Feb 2015

I thought that Wombats had really great facilities, and was in a wonderful location. It is right next to a wonderful outdoor market, and not far (5-10 minute walk) from many of the best sights in Vienna. The breakfast is AMAZING, and the bar had a pretty cool vibe also. It was not the friendliest hostel I've ever been to, I didn't meet too many people, but besides that, it was great.