Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

location: metro was close by and I was able to walk to several important monuments close by. room: was in 4 bed with 2 other girls, bathroom was clean and it was nice that i only had to share with just those 2 girls. staff; was helpful and friendly enough. bar: it was nice that they had a bar and drinks were good and fairly cheap to start your night out in Vienna but it was too hot in the bar, they need to install ac, like they have in munich. overall very good place to stay.

Lots of space to hang out and meet people. Pretty good kitchen. One of the better hostels I've stayed in!

Great great atmosphere. Perfect hostel!

Great spot - Hofer (ALDI) right next door! Staff very friendly But, VERY hot in summer. Our room had one little fan that stood up from the ground but in a 6 bed dorm I didn't even feel it. Super close to the metro though, and right outside the Naschmarkdt which is cool. Besides the heat, not a bad place

It would been good to have some more leaflets and flyers about Vienna and it's touristic sites. I was previously at the Wombats Budapest and there they had lots more useful information about walking tours, what to see in 24/72 hrs in Budapest etc. Also, I used the laundry facilities whilst I was at Wombats Vienna and whilst the washing machine was good, the dryer was a disappointing experience. It was very expensive, the first two I tried didn't work and my clothes weren't even dried properly.

Really enjoyed staying at Wombats! Stag are very friendly and helpful.

It was great.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • China

Thank you very much for your review:-)

I thought it was a wonderful facility! It was centrally located and I was able to enjoy all of the major sistes in the city with a convent home base. The Hostel is very clean and the cleaning staff work very hard to maintain a clean environment. In terms of atmosphere everyone was nice and friendly. My concern is security, during my stay someone broke into a room and then broke into a locker and stole two laptops and peoples passports. While I felt safe and secure it was alarming.

Thank you very much for your feedback. About the break-in: yes, this was a bad incident, especially as it seems that it was a fellow traveller who broke the locker as the room door and everything else was intact, really sad that things like this happen:-( We are glad though that you enjoyed our facility, the cleanliness and atmosphere. Hope to welcome you soon again in ne of our Hostels all around Europe, your wombat´s Team:-)

Lovely hostel! Reception area and bar provided great areas for socialising. I was very impressed with the quality and conditions of the rooms. Located in a great place.

I will never stay here. I broke a bone had to come home called the hostel to let them know and they still charged me for four nights there. Also your munich hostel did that too. I want a refund for both places now.

• 28th Aug 2015

such a beautiful and clean place, so far my favorite hostel.

Overall a really nice hostel. Room was clean, well laid out. You could rent or buy anything that you needed. And I really recommend the breakfast- best hostel breakfast I've ever had I think. One staff member was quite rude but that's just one person.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Great that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and we hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna:-) Happy and safe travels, your wombat´s team

Was clean, the staff were cool, had a good bar and very good location, would definitely recommend.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Good location. Rooms were not ready when we arrived which was not nice at all.. Sheets did not fit that well but showers were ok as well as breakfast. Cheap drinks at the bar

Pros: good air con, very clean, Aldi next door, tube opposite, great cheap bar on site, great bathroom Cons: no ovens in kitchen, don't get told any advice on Vienna just given map Great hostel, can go have a party there or chill and not be disturbed too much. Thanks!

We were given a room that was in the 5th floor, with no courtains so that around five in the morning the light entered our room! Also, it was a really hot day and there was no way for us to open the windows.

Thank you very much for your feedback; we will immediately take a closer look into this matter and solve this problem, very sorry that it disturbed your sleep! We hope that-apart from that- you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and in Vienna!:-) Happy travels, your wmbat´s team

Clean rooms, good location, great atmosphere. Good deal for the low-budget traveler. The staff was helpful.

Probably one of the best hostels in Europe. Really cheap, spacious and modern dorms with lockers, private lights and power points, ensuite toilet and shower in dorms that are impeccably clean. Huge kitchen to use, huge breakfast and dining area. Cheap laundry downstairs and lively bar. We stayed once in cooler weather and LOVED it, but when we stayed in peak heat it was absolutely unbearable with no air flow at all so just don't go in peak summer!

We really enjoyed our stay. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the twin room was clean & spacious. There's a nice chilled vibe, lively in the evenings but not rowdy. The location is fine too, central enough with U-bahn very close & plenty of cool bars & restaurants around.

A quick stop but we were really pleased with our room and the bar downstairs made it really easy to meet new people. Location was excellent and easy to get too by public transport