Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

One of the best hostel I've been to. Big kitchen and a very nice bar so you can start to interact and socialize. Very central location, always a big smile on the staff's faces (and they know the city well), very clean bedrooms with a big locker included. No, really, not a bad thing I could say... This is a great hostel.

If you're familiar with Wombats, this is one of the nicer ones. We stayed in an 8 bed and it was huge and spotlessly clean with it's own bathroom and shower. Each person gets their own bed light and outlet. The breakfast was pretty cheap and you get quite a lot with it. The real selling point is these chair/bed things in the common area that are really comfortable. Everyone seems to hang out there and it's a good place to chill or meet other travellers. Good location too, right in the market.

Location was great, right outside the Naschmarkt, and only about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. Rooms were big and spacious. Breakfast was on until 10:30, with a range of options.

Excellent facilities and staff. Free pool games are definitely a bonus i loved.

Really great Hostel! Breakfast was fantastic, and worked out very cheap, especially in Vienna. Rooms were big and airy, very secure and warm, bathrooms were great. Only notes: No ATM, and bar is cash only. Don't put your swipey card on your iPhone or it may stop working and you can get trapped! Kitchen was quite small Also they conduct ticket checks at the station nearby. I forgot when my 72 hr ticket ran out, and got fined 103 euros, so be super careful! Great experience overall.

perfect hostel. although i dont think it's in the city center, the other part make me feel really satisfied. the reception hall is amazing, makes me feel so nice, also the kitchen. and the room is very big, i have the one with perfect big window i really love it. thanks.

Very helpful front desk, great atmosphere in the foyer, spacious rooms, really cool bar. Location is great, as you are right next to the central market, and a wonderful traditional restaurant (Franz) around the corner.

Everything was perfect..

Great to read that you enjoyed your time with us:-) yoru wombat´s team

Very nice hostel and a place to stay

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Bulgaria

The experience was amazing!! The concept of the hostel is really great and we had good time there wihwith the people we meet also. The only thing is that, one bathroom for 5 people is a lot.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Chile

Pretty decent place, location a little odd.

Great hostel! Didn't have any problems would really recommend

Great Staff, Fun Bar, spacious comfortable rooms, the amenities offered by them for the price is ridiculously amazing, their all you can eat breakfast is delicious and worth it. They offer lots of information of what's going on the city around you. Overall, a really great place in a great, central location.

Okay for stay...even though I met great friends there :)

The hostel is near to a metro station and a walkable distance to the city centre. Everything was ok, just had a problem with my key but it was quickly solved by the staff. Good hostel!

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff was very friendly, everything was clean, they have a really nice loung area to just chill out and meet other travelers, the bar downstairs was very welcoming and also fun to check into. The staff members were very knowledgable about the different things to do in Vienna. I recommend doing the free walking tour. Our tour guide was so much fun, and we learned so much about basically the whole city. It's worth it! ill be back again!

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are soo happy that you liked our service, the wombar and the free walking tour. We wish you happy travels and hope to welcome you soon again in our Hostel:-)), your wombat´s team

Very nice room and the staff is so friendly :-) I will come again!

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Austria

Amazing hostel. This guys are awesome!! One of the best hostels in my trip around europe.

Absolutely adored this place did not wanna leave. The staff we're all amazing, would go out of their way to help you and gave honest recommendations. The rooms were clean, pretty spacious and the best pressure showers. Loved the chill out area and the bar was great for socialising. Right on the steps od the Naschmarkt only 10 mins walk from the centre. Definitely reccomend

Good location with fantastic staff, the bar is great fun and good forgetting to know people without being too rowdy. The hostel isn't too far from the main ring road with all the sights, plus is only a short walk from the U-Bahn and right next to a supermarket. Special shout out to Mathias, Sam and the Italian gentleman whose name I didn't catch for being so helpful and welcoming!