Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

So the hostel isnt right in the center of the city but its convienent with the metro right there. Had the superior view which was worth it (essentially the penthouse). Other than that it was a standard wombats.

Excellent in terms of cleanliness and organization, but not necessarily the best for solo travelers as I found it rather difficult to meet other people. However, it is perfect if you are just looking for a place to rest your head at night. The breakfast is amazing and a great deal. Also has great amenities like cheap laundry facilities. Would definitely recommend this to those traveling with another individual or in a group.

This hostel would be amazing if the WiFi was better and if the bathrooms had been cleaned every day. With an ensuite and so many people using just one it really needs to be cleaned. The location was amazing though, very convenient with the market and metro station right there.

Great place to stay. Highly recommended. Staff, Cleanliness and security were great. The location wasn't bad walk to main part of city took about 10-15mins and walk to Schombrunn Palace took about 40mins. But alternative was the train very close to that.

when advertising the hostel, you should encourage elderly people to stay at the hostel. The youthful atmosphere at the reception might feel a bit strange to us senior citizens, but we were received friendly.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great rooms, clean rooms, organization, spaces, modern, with lights and powerline in the beds, ... the only "but": The kitchen was dirty and without many space to leave the clean dishes or the food.

It's a very big place. The setup in the lobby is quite nice and the bar is handy.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. Awesome kitchen facilities

Amzing hostel. One of the best I have stayed in. We arrived after an overnight train and were able to drop our bags for the day. We were also upgraded from a 8 bed dorm to a 6 bed dorm. We went to the free walking tour organised by Wombats and was very informative about the city. Took advantage of the downstairs bar and made some new friends. Loved our roomies and everyone was super friendly. Location was perfect and would definitely reccommend to anyone!

Pretty handy and beside the metro station and literally beside supermarkets. The rooms are kept very clean , the kitchen can be very busy and messy as a result, breakfast for 3.90 is unbelievably good, I've never seen such a great spread! The staff were wonderful and moved me into a mixed room that had 2 females there (without me needing to ask) as my allocated space was originally with 3 males. Highly recommend the walking tour. One last thing though... this is definitely a party hostel!

Great, spacious, friendly and great bicycle parking and general facilities!

Amazing, we stayed in a double private room. It was like staying in a hotel. Loved it, and right across from the markets.

• 21st Aug 2014

Awesome kitchen

Great hostel with an excellent location. Breakfast not included, but with a good value.

• 20th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The bar downstairs is a great place to meet people and there is a large kitchen so even though it's crowded depending on when you go I never had to wait around. The staff were very helpful and there is a metro 2 minutes from the hostel so getting around is easy. The rooms were big with your own locker. No complaints

Loved this place! Great location and atmosphere! Very secure building. Great place to meet other travellers. The walking tour was a bit winded but it was free, so I can't really complain.

Loved my stay here! Met some great people and had some good nights. Nicely located next to the market where you can get good food and not far to the sights! Clean!!

This is an excellent hostel overall.... if you are looking for a hostel in Vienna that is not catering to young 'travelers' concerned primarily with drinking and hooking up, then good luck.... given what travel in Europe ends up being, this is a hostel with a great staff, location, and facility.

Good hostel. Bit too big to easily meet other people but other aspects are all good. Though breakfast is quite expensive!

The breakfast was amazing! Great value for money.