Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Great location. Staff are friendly and helpful. They put a lot of emphasis on cleanliness. Best kitchen facility I have seen in a hostel. I was lucky and upgraded to a 5 bed dorm after booking 8 person dorm.

Great location near the metro and Nachstmarkt. Helpful staff. Definitely need more bathrooms or separate toilet and shower rooms, especially in the 8 bed rooms (one bathroom was tough in the mornings). Bathrooms with at least toilets on each floor would be good. Bar was super hot but decent prices. Breakfast was standard, may be better to go into the market for food.

Thank you very much for your review!:-)

Really great hostel. Easy to meet people in the bar at night and the location is amazing right outside the Naschmarket. Only issue while there was they had constuction going on that pretty much took up all the common area. Overall great stay in a beautiful city.

Very good place to stay, I would highlight the facilities, very spacious, renovated, and comfortable. They have a big room with a bar where you can relax and have fun. Rooms are also large, but too much hot! I think fans aren't enough, they should have air conditioning. Location is not so close to city center, but you have a metro station just next to hostel.

I stayed at tis place for 2 nights! Very well-located and clean. I must complain, however, about two things. First, there are no computers available for use if you don't have a smartphone. Second, most of the staff memebers are friendly but there were two girls who were very unpolite and unfriendly.

Thank you very much for your Feedback! We will soon get one or two computers available for those who don´t have smartphones. Additionally I would really appreciate to get further feedback concerning the two girls (at what time did it happen?, what happened exactly?). Please feel free to write an email to sophie@wombats.eu:-) Best regards and hoping to welcome you soon again:-), your wombat´s team

The blowing in the bathroom was too noisy and made the sleeping hard. I think there should be no wifi in the comon room. The beauty of the youth hostels is the interaction between the people there. It's now impossible because of the smartphones.

• 7th Jun 2015

Good value for the money. Location is fine. Not much in the area, need to take underground, but that's super easy. Only issue id's same as others have mentioned, the way the shower is in the bathroom it floods the floor and do the bcc bathroom floor and into the room is always wet. They have a squeegee and may, but make sure to bring shower shoes.

Good location, huge safe in room. They have a bar.

This was professionally managed. Perfect location across the street from the Naschtmarkt and a stop on the hop on/off bus. Very clean rooms, key card to get into your floor, your room as well as your assigned locker. Had a party vibe, staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. My only "concern" was no AC in the room(I dealt w/it) but no screens on the window. But no bug problem either. Highly recommend. €4.50 buffet breakfast available but gets eventually gets boring.

Could add fans to the rooms as it gets pretty hot in the rooms. Also bathroom needs to be more equipped. Rest everything is absolutely awesome!

Great hostel. Friendly competent staff. Clean rooms. Being renovated while I was there, but no major disruption. My only complaint is that my top floor room was very warm in the sunshine and did not have AC.

Very helpful staff who can give me many advices on where to hang out. They even provide postal services and I dun need to go find post offices myself. Location is excellent, near the metro station and the market and grocery stores. Excellent facilities as they got a mini bar and many public area as well. Definitely would consider this when go to Vienna next time.

I stayed at the hostel while it was under construction :( The atmosphere was very boring and the snack machines kept eating my money or not accepting it at all. The kitchen for travelers was very hot and not very clean. I liked the breakfast area layout and the great location (in front of the Naschmarkt :) The suggestions on the Wombat's "Vienna for Aliens" gave good suggestions on where to eat and places to visit.

This is a nice hostel, it was under construction during my visit so probably more enjoyable for future guests. The location is excellent, right outside the Naschmarkt, and close to nice restaurants as well. It is a very large facility so you have to go a little more out of the way to meet people.

Laundry facilities (3 working washers) for such a large hostel were totally inadequate. We finished our washing (due to waiting for machines) at 12.40am.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Sorry for the trouble with the washing machines, I hope that apart from that, you enjoyed your time in our hostel and in Vienna:-), your wombat´s team

breakfast should be included in price, at least coffee and milk. additionally, luggagge storage needs to be safer, there wasno control of who entered and whar he took.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you very much for your feedback. Regarding the breakfast: if we include brekkie for all guests, we would need to raise the price and that would be unfair to people who don´t want brekkie; so everyone can decide whether to pay for it or not:-) Safe and happy travels, your wombat´s team

Good hostel, no major problems. They were undergoing renovations so it was a little chaotic, but they were managing very well.

A lot of construction in bar and common area so I'm sure it's gonna look great real soon. Next to metro and a sweet market with a lot of great local restaurants.

This was my second time staying at Wombat's Naschmarkt. The place is directly across the street from the Naschmarkt and not too far from metro stops. Hostel was very clean and each key card worked as a lock for your locker inside each dorm, which was efficient. Wombats has a bar inside the hostel, awesome way to meet people and drink before you go out. The staff was so-so, some I spoke to were kind of rude, others were lovely. Would definitely go back though.

Excellent place with a great bar and atmosphere. Stayed at three of the wombats across Europe and all are high quality hostels. Strongly recommend!!