Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

We stayed in a double room with own bathroom and it was great. Clean, very new and good value for the money. The bar and the welcome drink we got was great and a a good atmosphere, there is also a kitchen which is a bit small and a very big and nice dinning room. The location is great. Near some of the important sights, right next to a big market and an underground station.

Very Kind, Very Clean, Very nice!

The hostel was very nice when you walk in, almost like a hotel and the rooms are similar too! The bar was nice and the eating area was solid space but the kitchen was a little small. It was very nice to have the little extra travellers food too! It was a very nice place to stay with a decent location!

Loved everything about the hostel. With the exception of how anti social the communal area was. Granted I was hung over and arrived late at night with only one day to see everything. So I did not spend allot of time hanging out in the area. It just seemed like people were preoccupied with the computer station or a tablet. I suppose this is similar to any communal space, would just be nice to have a table to play cards or something that creates a social atmosphere, not discourages it like comps.

Great hostel, staff went over and above, especially for such a large place. Wonderful info on what to do in vienna made up by the staff. Nice and spacious, great lockers, comfy beds, great bar, great kitchen, wonderful location, bathrooms cleaned daily, hand soap in dorm bathrooms, most awesome tourist map I've come across provided free, would stay again in a flash and can highly recommend. Not sure I'd bother with the breakfast though.

The location was really good and the staff was always really nice! We had a misunderstanding with the bills and they solved it quickly! It was amazing!

The hostel is very well located, and it is very big. It has its own bar, and when you arrive they give you a free welcome drink. We also used their free walking tour. The rooms are considerably big, and the beds are comfortable. The only problem we had is that they didn't have wifi all throughout our stay, and in the lobby they have coin-operated computers tso we had to ask the staff for money to use them.

The place was definitely one of the nicer hostels I've stayed in but two of the day's the wifi was down. Also the room I was in smaller a bit. Other than that the people and facilities were great!

great place !

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Great hostel. I stayed in a 4 bed female room and it was wonderful. We had views of the market. It felt safe and the walk to the rest of the city was short.

It's a nice hostel, with a great buzz. I think they need more people in the reception as I arrived at midnight to still find a queue of people trying to check in. Also my ID was placed in the wrong slot. They need to get rid of the bedding they have all kind of stains on them regardless to the sheets they give to cover up the pilow and stuff, some of the stains on them didn't look good at all. The wifi needs to sorting it didn't work. We all got told to go out and find wifi. Please sort WiFI

Hey there! Thanks for your Feedback! We will work on replacing the bedding if needed. Wifi works again, the modem was broke:-( best regards and safe travels:-)

the wifi was down for 2 days when i was there. this hostel is more for people who likes to party.

It's no possible to stay 3 dayd without wifi.. Also part of the stuff was very rude.

I really like the location of the hostel. Seconds away from the subway. Next to the Naschmarkt which was fun to explore. Otherwise a pretty typical traveler hostel. Friendly staff, nice and clean. No complaints.

This is a very large hostel, it sort of feels like you're in a large hotel with shared rooms. The facilities were great though and it was really clean. The walking tour offered was good, as was the breakfast which you had to pay a bit for.

Absolutely amazing hostel. Without doubt the nicest I've ever been in. Staff were brilliant and the bar in the hostel was really good fun. There are also shops near by and a large market across the road

The hostel was really nice, clean, super helpful staff. It was in a convenient location too. The free towels were nice as well (:

Wombat's is a chain hostel with extremely nice facilities. Feels weird being in a corporate hostel at first, but with a great staff, tons of resources, and spotless facilities, it is hard to find a better hostel. A little pricey compared to others, but a great stay nonetheless.

“Great hostel, good location close to metro. I had a great time there! Good wi fi

Very nice hostel with plenty of space in the rooms, the location is very good minutes away from the opera and another interesting buildings of the city.