Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Great location! Great hostel and very clean but prepared for party crowds like contiki and busabout . May be too big to stay in if you're solo traveling or prefer to meet older people

The room I was in was roomy and had a bathroom. The hostel was clean and well organised. The breakfast was good and open early for travellers catching early morning transport.

I had a great stay at this hostel - awesome common area, friendly people and the comfiest bed in an 8-week trip! Clean, fresh design and right by the Naschmarkt and easy enough to get to most other places in the city. Staff were efficient and especially responsive at night when the noise next door carried on past midnight. The ideal backpacker's hostel - would definitely recommend.

For as many people that the hostel "hotel" could hold, the bar was extremely small. It had difficulty accommodating people at the bar, and did not offer good options for other bars to go to.

Great location (short walking distance to centrum, Market across the street, lots of supermarkets), nice bar area with happy hour prices and a buzzing atmosphere, kitchen, big rooms.

Excellent place, you can get everything very easily. I highly recommend this place.

Great place. Lockers are big enough for all your stuff. Wifi is more or less good. Breakfast was overpriced, but the bar was a great place to hang out. I'd stay here again if I was in Vienna again.

We did consider choosing a cheaper option for accommodation, but you can tell that they know what they are doing at the wombats hostels. We've stayed at wombats also in Berlin. Total value for the money!

Great place good location! Their wifi is AMAZING! Lots of great people always around. Highly recommend!

Absolutely amazing hostel, we were stunned when we first walked in. The staff we're very helpful, and by each bed there was a plug and reading light. The reception had loads of cushions and seats where people are able to meet or just sleep if they can't get into their rooms yet. Great location, and I would recommend the free walking tour!

I stayed at the Meiningers Vienna for a few nights before moving to here and thought this place was much better. Great location next to the best market I've ever been to. Very cool vibe. No complaints.

The hostel was lovely as were the staff. The hostel bar was also nice and very social. Rooms were very clean and I liked that we had our own bathroom and shower. The location is a bit far out and definitely didn't seem to be the safest area. However, we had no problems.

This hostel is big. There is a lot of room to hang out but as always in huge hostels, it's a bit hard to actually meet people! The cleaners were great! So friendly and kept that place very clean at all times. The breakfast is very good too. You have to pay a small amount, but it's worth it- you get heaps of choice! There was a lot of contiki groups and school groups coming through which was a bit annoying but overall it was a good hostel. Right next to the markets too!

Loved this hostel. The kitchen was great, the ensuite shower was really good, the rooms were clean and the reception was very helpful.

This was an average enough hostel in Vienna. The city is a pretty expensive place, but the location of the hostel means there are affordable options for dining near by. A short walk to the city center (~15 minutes?).

Best shower I've used in a hostel. En suite bathrooms are great

Great place to stay! Top location !

Nice and helpful staff, they handle problems good.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

All excellent about the hostel, but I think it's on the pricier end for private rooms. We paid $100/night for two people. That's approximately the cost of a regular hotel room.

Very convenient right next to Naschmarkt for food, but a couple of metro stops away from city center where most of the museums and sights are. Staff are incredibly helpful and generous with their time.