Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

one of the best hostel experiences ever! especially appreciated the good and friendly staff

Great great place!

I would recommend it... my holiday wasn't perfect but the lodgings were pretty good. clean safe close to he centre and main atractions. I hardly ever needed to spend money on transport. and to get to the airport is easy. I shared a taxi. 36 euros at 4 am on 24th Dec.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Romania

Perfectly located hostel. I had the 4 bedroom on the top floor which was a loft style room and had a fantastic view! It was so clean and modern. The security system was awesome. The bar could have had a more inclusive atmosphere but I suppose that is what you get from larger hostels. May be hard for solo travellers to meet people. Also staff could have been more helpful regarding what do to in the city, one staff member also gave me instruction to the wrong bus station but was okay in the end.

This is a very nice hostel. Big one, meant for backpackers either traveling in groups out alone. Easy to meet people in the bar (you get a ticket for a welcome drink when you arrive). Great breakfast, totally worth the price. The location is great, just 10-15 minutes walking to the center, and in front of a great market. In Saturdays there's a flea market happening there, make sureyou visit it! Rooms wide and clean, nice common area, everything seems new.

Typical big hostel with new rooms. Unfortunately there were only en-suite rooms which really is a hassle in an 8-bed dorm and there were no common showers on the floor. Apart from that a nice stay. And the breakfast was really nice

Great hostel! I will definetely come back anytime everything is perfect

We had a great time staying in Wombats Vienna Hostel. The room was very clean, modern and stylish and the shower was amazing! All the staff were very helpful and friendly and it was a brilliant location, we could walk to most places.

• 17th Dec 2014

If you're just looking for somewhere to keep your things and rest your head at night, you could do a lot worse than Wombats; however, if you're looking for the hostel experience of getting to know people from all over the world, then you'll be sorely disappointed. Everything felt very impersonal and corporate, like a giant college dormitory. And it smelled like something had died in the bathroom.

A good hostel, for a really super affordable price. In a good location just next to the Naschmarkt and very close to the U4-U-Bahn station. The hostel itself is very new and facilities are above standard compared to many other hostels I visited. The staff was helpful. The all you can eat breakfast, although not included in the price, was great. Wi-Fi worked OK. Atmosphere was pleasant although I have been to more social hostels. I do recommend this hostel and I might come back again.

Great, clean hostel with all the amenities in an amazing location. The breakfast is amazing, too. I would definitely stay here again.

Great experience at the Wombat Vienna, would stay there again if I ever return!

Good location, very kind staff and atmosphere is great.

Nice location

very helpful employees. everythin was just good as I expected to be and especailly kitchen is well equipped A hostel is very close to the station, so just make sure you dont use a wrong gate, if you so. you have to walk pretty dark way by yourself

Wombats is the best option ever. If in the city have wombats, please check in.

I stayed at a hostel for the first time in my life and I am glad I had picked Wombats. Location is perfect. Rooms are big and clean, having the toilet & shower in the room is a great plus. Staff was friendly and helpful. Lockers were quite big. And beds were comfortable. It is also a great plus to be right across to the Naschmarkt, where you can find variety of stuff and food. Metro station is literally one step away from the hostel but you do not need to use it to go to Centrum!

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

It was better than expected. We will definitely come back next year.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Great as always. I've stayed here a couple of times already and it's always a pleasure. Great location, the bar is perfect to meet fellow travellers and the breakfast is decent and worth the extra money. The ensuite bathrooms are fairly new and in a good shape. Wifi is reliable and they now have gotten rid of the passwords, so it's even easier to connect.

Excellent hostel...great location and the stuff very helpfull! I think cleaning could be better...I was once in the room when the maid came to clean and she only did the very basics. Try harder! Great stay overall! :)

• 12th Dec 2014