Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

This was a very well thought out and well run hostel. Everything is provided for and had an excellent stay. Definitely check this place out when you come to Vienna!

im a tourist from malaysia..the hostel is very worthwhile to stay for..just need to improve here and there a lil bit

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The best hostel where I have ever been! I had a really good time! Might be an idea to inform everybody that things can be stolen, that way people will pay more attention to their things, because they know stuff have been stolen before in the common areas!

Not the best location, and kind of expensive for a weeknight. A lot of amenities, so I might recommend one of the other locations. The bar downstairs was nice, but it was dead while I was there,, so I won't hold that against them

Solo traveller for a 5month trip this place hands down is the cracker absolutely awesome place to stay - Australia ;)

I would recommend taking the breakfast. It is 3,90 but it is buffet. Around the hostel there are some nice restaurants on the naschmarkt

We had already stayed at Wombats the Base (which we liked), so this time we wanted to try the latest addition to the Vienna Wombats group. We did not regret it. We had a private room, which was very pretty and specklessly clean. The Bed was awesome! The location of Wombats at the Naschmarkt is ideal for doing lots of things on foot. The Breakfast at the Hostel for 3,90€ is worth the money, but I'd still skip it: Go try one of the plenty opportunities at the Naschmarkt instead!

Great hostel in an excellent location, very convenient for public transport. The private rooms are extremely spacious. The staff were great with the exception of one of the female staff members who was extremely unhelpful bordering on rudeness during our two encounters with her - one was when we asked her for advice on buses to Prague from Vienna and the other was when she checked us out. Was the only negative side to our stay.

It was lovely to stay there, all good and good for money too. The breakfast was good too. I was lucky to be alone in female dorm the first day, even the second day, I just share with the order girl. Very comfortable. Thank you.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel and location.

• 28th Feb 2014

Awesome place fantastic amenities (toiletc shower kitchen etc) close to underground awesome location and easy as to find! But atmosphere isn't the best don't know why I guess others in the downstairs bar could seem a bit more friendly

The location was great and easily accessible by foot or by metro. The lockers were locked by each of our room keys, so no need to bring your own lock. The rooms were very clean with linen and towels given for free. The only downside was that the staff was not very knowledgeable. Many times then sent us to the complete wrong area, so I wouldn't necessary trust them.

This is the way a large chain hostel should be done. Clean, quiet, social, informative. The showers were amazing, and you can tell that Wombat hostels don't cut corners in the renovation and maintenance of their facilities.

Nice hostel, well located on the market street but not in the inner city "ring" (5-10 minutes walk). Very clean bathroom. One complain is that you have to leave a ID card/passport as key deposit.

The hostel is a beatiful structure, excellent for the cleaned sheets and the facilities. The location is good, a few kilometres from the center and the museums quarter.

Always stay there wen I will be in Vienna. :-)

Veeeeeery good!!!

• 26th Feb 2014

Wonderful experience! Thoroughly impressed!

• 25th Feb 2014

Bright dorm with clean bathroom. The female room is spacious but one of the mixed dorms is very crowded. The breakfast is great and the price is reasonable. The hostel is near a station of Metro 4, close to Naschmarkt and many supermarkets even chinese ones. So you can either find delicious food in Naschmarkt or buy some materials and cook yourself in the kitchen of the hostel. I just had 3 nights of very good sleep there. I really recommend this hostel.

Recomended for all the travelers who want to jump to vienna. Overall awesome.