Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Amazing staff! Everybody always trying to help with whatever you need. The hostel is really close to one metro station, and you can do pretty much everything using it.

The place is clean and fairly well located. A good place to stay for single travellers, and the bar adds to the atmosphere. The free walking tour they provide is worth while. And the markets opposite the hostel is great to get food at. All in all its a great place to stay.

Absolutely great hostel, beds were the best as they were so comfortable! The staff was more than willing to help when I had questions. The bathroom for the dorm was cleaner than other hostels I've been to, but I'm just a clean freak so I would rate it a good rather than excellent. I have already been recommending Wombats to other travelers I meet along the road!

The best hostel I'be ever been to. For that kind of money I would have expected less,but this hostel is just perfect - very clean, great atmosphere, great staff, perfect location to all the things one wants to see in Wien. The also rent bikes at a really good price, if you want to use that way of moving around Wien (recommended). Overall experience GREAT.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very glad that you enjoyed your time in Vienna and in our hostel:-) Hope to welcome you soon again in one of our hostels:-) Best regards Your wombats team

Very nice place, very organized, the common places of the hostel are comfortable and inviting (no need to be locked in your room when you want to stay indoors!), great atmosphere. The wifi doesn't work in some areas (the bar, for example). The breakfast (4,50 euros) is awesome!!

This hostel was great; since it's a chain I was given a voucher for free breakfast at another Wombat's hostel in a different city. Clean, friendly, excellent bar with pool tables.

Absolutely great, no complaints about the hostel.

Fantastic! The Best hostel so far.

The hostel is really great. The staff is super friendly and they even gave my friend and I a free room upgrade!

Very good location, very clean, very good breakfast, good value for money.

Great location and possibly the best hostel showers in the world, in the four bed dorm at least!

Wombats was a good hostel. I liked being close to the Nashmarket where there was heaps of really nice food at a great price. The kitchen was also pretty good and the walking tour was fantastic with a really good guide! Rooms were also nice with individual power points. Would stay here again.

The place is very nice. the bar is good although not the cheapest but a great place to meet other travelers. They provide an abundance of information on things to do in Vienna which is helpful. The wifi wasn't working when I first got there but the staff offered to pay for 1 hour on the hostels computers while it was being fixed. The breakfast is 4.20 and worth the price! The location was excellent and the staff was great. Overall a good experience!

The hostel is walking distance to the Old Town and metres from the metro. It's super clean and has a great bar where you can meet people. The bar guys rule as well! I met some awesome people during my long weekend, and we had a few really fun nights. Breakfast was pretty good. The rooms are HUGE and I was upgraded which was fab. The receptionists are always happy to help, and are always smiling. Also, the hammock in reception was a life saver. Many drunken hours were spent being super comfy :)

The location of the hostel is great (supermarket next door, close to underground) and the staff are really helpful. The hostel bar has a free pool table and a nice atmosphere with many people to chat to. Security was also great as you operate everything by keycard and the luggae room is secured via the front desk. The only negative was the patchy wifi but they have computers in the foyer. Highly recommended.

A better atmosphere in the bar would be nice. It wasn't very good to get in touch with other people. Maybe you could organise voluntary common activities in the evening. That's the only thing i missed.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

It is a very big hostel, which is cool but the staffs are not friendly at all. Additionally, the wlan didn't work the most of the time, which is very annoying. However, the hostel is very clean, safe and the breakfeast buffet is good!

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback. The wlan is working again:-) We would really appreciate further feedback on our staff, maybe just a short email to office-naschmarkt@wombats.eu; we could then see in which aspects we could improve our staff further. best regards and safe travels:-)

Probably one of the most pleasant hostels I've stayed in. Exceptionally clean and the best location for first timer to Vienna. It has two groceries stores and a pharmacy within 50 steps, and all the things you want to check out are literally 1-3 quick subway stops away. I highly recommend this hostel, very great price point for the location.

wifi connection was really bad

Hey there! We really want to apologise for the disturbance of the wlan, there was a complicated communication problem between the modem and the wifi box which took 3 different companies to solve:-(; I hope that, nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay in Vienna and will come back one day:-) best regards and safe travels:-)

We had a great time in the hostel, but the internet didn't work while we were there.