Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Nice hostel, nice service, good localization, but I don't mind Vienna is expensive, share a room in a hostel shouldn't be that expensive... We are losing that right of traveling without daddy's credit card.

Nice location, helpful staff, awesome bar. We met some locals and ended up going out on the town saturday night. Had a blast. Right by the train station, grocery stores, and restaurants. Great rooms, you need to bring bath towels and toiletries. You have to pay for parking tickets to park on the street and take a little walk to the train station to get the ticket.

• 31st Oct 2014

Not good, that the breakfast is not includede, like in the most hostels. And there is no oven in the kitchen. The rooms are very big, and not crowded, that's really good!! :)

Thanks very much for your feedback. Breakfast is not included as we want to keep our rates as low as possible and only half of our guests want to consume brekkie and then they would need to pay for it as well which we consider unfair. That is why we offer brekkie extra and don´t include it in the room rate. Kind regards Your wombats team

Our room had an amazingly clean bathroom and the best water pressure I've ever had at a hostel!

전반적으로 무난하긴 했는데, 움밧 유명도에 비해선 별로였던 곳. 좋았던 건 위치, 직원들 친절도였어요. 그리고 전 7인실 썼는데 공간이 너무 좁았고, 침구 청결도가 그렇게 좋진 않았어요.

Great hostel. Guy at the front desk told us bar closed at 1.30. We went at 12.00 or so and the barkeekper (girl) was really rude for no reason because she was closing. You work in a bar, be nice :)

Hey there! Thanks for your Feedback! We will talk to our staff about ths incident and apolgize to you for the rude behaviour.

Especially great for college students and young people looking to meet others! The lobby and bar atmosphere make it easy to make friends, and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with everything I needed :) The only thing was that I booked a six person female dorm and was put in a 5 person female dorm instead, which was a bit cramped (especially because three of the girls had done laundry and left their things everywhere to dry out making it feel even more cluttered and tight)

Would have been better if there was a little shelf inside the shower area for holding body wash, shampoo, etc. But in general, the hostel is very comfy and clean. Good location and a good bargain!

The room was very clean- you pick up your packed bedsheets downstairs to make your bed. The bathroom was new, functional and clean and there was a good selection for breakfast. The location is great and it feels safe as you can only access corridors and rooms via an electronic card.I would go back.

I stayed in a 6 share which was really the biggest and nicest 6 share I've ever seen in a hostel. Unfortunately it was not that clean, very dusty and lots of hair on the floor which didn't got better after one of the girls left and a cleaner was supposed to be in the room. The bathroom in the room was disgusting, it smelled worse than toilets on train stations. Especially the girls at reception have been very unfriendly. A really nice thing was the wombar and the free drink everybody got.

• 29th Oct 2014

This is definitely one of the best hostel I've ever stayed in! It's very well located, the rooms and common areas are super clean, its atmosphere is great and its staff is AMAZING! I'd definitely come back to this hostel on a next trip to Vienna.

Right in the center of Vienna, daily free guide trips, many nice travelers to meet. Would recommend for everyone who is on budget.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Lithuania

Great hostel ... :-)

Good stay apart from the fact the person I was traveling with had their bank information stolen off her comluter through the "secure" wifi network they provide. Someone piggybacked her connection and stole her details while she purchased a bus ticket on the Internet.

Really nice atmosphere, some nice staff, a really nice bar inside. Dirty floor at all on at the room, but clean beds and free towels. Was a really nice stay there!

Pretty standard hostel, shower in our room was amazing. The breakfast was pretty decent but probably not worth paying for especially if you're not going to eat much, there's a market right outside which does amazing food so just go there instead. You also have to pay to use the computers which is a big no for me, when you're travelling and need to book things and contact people its not right to charge for computer access. I'd stay again as long as I brought my own laptop.

I find the luggage room a little bit unsafe, but otherwise I am perfectly satisfied. Awesome hostel!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Very close to subway stop! Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers to store your things in. Clean room and great breakfast! Have stayed at both the Munich and Vienna Wombats and they are GREAT

This is a fantastic hostel near the underground station and a fabulous market with lots of food stalls and restaurants. The rooms were clean, the staff was great, and there was a great bar off the lobby. Power outlets and lights at all the beds, and lockers large enough to store most backpacks. Great hostel, no complaints, and I'd definitely stay here again.

We were very happy about our stay in Wombat's. It is much better than expected. Thanks for everything!

• 24th Oct 2014