Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

We really enjoyed Wombats hostel. Our room (4 person private with ensuite bath) was very nice, clean, and had everything we needed. The lobby area of the hostel was also very welcoming and had lots of helpful information on things to do in Vienna. We also enjoyed the cheap, all-you-can-eat breakfast and the "Wombar" bar.

• 29th Mar 2015

This was the perfect location, right across from the Naschmarkt obviously, only a few minutes walk from Karlskirche, the Vienna State Opera, the Albertina etc. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. My one complaint is that outside of the lobby the wifi worked maybe 50% of the time but that's minor.

Cool place, lots going on, clean rooms and a decent vibe. Could have done with just a bit more effort on the party side considering its a capital city! However, by far one of the best options for this city! Thanks a lot!

Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay in the hostel. However, two of my roommates always came home pretty late and making a lot of noises. Well I guess that's the downside of staying in a hostel, but I saw several signs in the hostel reminding guests to keep the noise down after 10 pm. I guess the hostel can remind guests about this everytime a guest check-in. And also, I couldn't get the wifi in my room and that was a bit annoying but other than that I'm happy with the hostel :)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

This place was really great! It's a little bigger than any other hostel I'd stayed at but the staff was friendly and available 24/7. It's about a 15 min walk from the center and right next to a metro stop. Rooms were clean and there was a lobby, kitchen and bar area. I think I overpaid a tad but I travelled during spring break so that's probably why. Would stay here again.

Expensive breakfast Nice location

Thanks for your feedback:-) We are trying to offer a very extensive range at breakfast and , compared to Viennese prices, the price of our brekkie is unbeatable, it would cost about three times more anywhere else. We are sorry that you thought it was too expensive, but we can only keep the good quality and broad range with a certain minimum price.

Most Wombats have more of a fun atmosphere, which is important to me as a traveller. This one had a ton of high school students hanging at the bar, and not many people socializing. It did have cheap beer and was a very clean hostel. Expensive but so.is everything in Vienna.

Thank you for your Feedback!

I had unlucky timing on this one, or maybe it's a common occurrence. Seems to be a favourite with traveling school groups, so the only downside to this place is that the bar is overrun with teenagers. Definitely look elsewhere for a night out. Otherwise, the hostel itself is clean, comfortable, well-managed. I had no other issues and slept really well there.

I love this hostel!!!

• 21st Mar 2015

GREAT location across from the Nashmarkt! Would stay here again for sure!

A little hard to find (especially without a functioning map from the train station), but overall a great location right next to the Naschmarkt. Staff were friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were very well-maintained. Very quiet when it needed to be but also complete with a well-stocked bar.

good experience, clean rooms and good location.

Front desk girl was very nice and helpfull. Also she was really hot. The one with black curly hair. Haha

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The staff were very helpful and outgoing and I truly enjoyed my stay there in Vienna.

It will be better if it's cheaper when I pay for more than 3 days.

Slightly soulless but good location, helpful staff, showers hot and powerful. Only negative was the sheets were quite dirty but if I cared that much I probably could have changed them.

I had a wonderful stay at wombats, I will definitely visit their location in Budapest, and London. Friendly staff and knowledgeable , easy to meet other travelers. I had an all around great time!!!

Staff was really nice and helpful. Rooms are comfy and spacious but the bathroom in our dorm wasnt cleaned everyday. But all in all good price value.

The hostel is really big and more like a hotel - so if you are looking for a more cosy and interactive atmosphere this is not really the place. However, the staff were very helpful with recommendations for eating out and activities and the hostel is in a really good location. The breakfast was a useful option to have too and all the facilities were good.

• 18th Mar 2015

This is without a doubt one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Check-in process was smooth and we were given a free drink token each with was a nice touch. When we went up to our double room i was surprised by the size of it and view out the window. The en-suite shower was perfect for recovering after the journey/night before. Location is incredible next to the Nachtmarkt and a connected subway station. Overall great value for money and i would absolutely stay here again when in Vienna.