Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

This was a great hostel. Very clean, great location, and a great atmosphere. They even had the World Cup matches playing on a big screen for everyone to watch. The only downside was that the Wi-Fi didn't work as well as it should've. Breakfast was good, but you have to pay for it. They should make it free, even if that means scaling down on some of the food choices.

Great stay! Would come again!

• Croatia

Great bedrooms, great bar, great staff. Individual outlets and lights by each bed.

I had a single room. Was really nice, like being in a boutique hotel :-)

Nice place. Social atmosphere. A bit far from the city.

• 15th Jun 2014

Great Staff. Great atmosphere!

• Albania

Wombats was a nice place! It was very clean, secure and had great facilities. It was also located in a great area, near not only the Naschmarkt but also in walking distance to the major sites! The only downside is that it was really big and felt too corporate. It wasn't the best place to meet people, and it wasn't as cosy and welcoming as some other hostels.

I caught bed bugs at this hostel, along with 2 other roommates, the rooms are too warm at night, the fan they give is useless. The location is brilliant, but I wouldn't recommend this hostel are my experience ruined my time in Vienna

Hey there! I am very sorry for the bad experience you had with these nasty beasts; we are trying everything to prevent the bugs, but they are a problem around Europe (from 5 star hotels to hostels to trains and buses) and they love to travel just as we love it. If a room is infected we professionally spray them and keep them closed until we can be sure that the bugs are gone. I hope that apart from that you had a nice time in Vienna. Safe travels The wombat´s team

I have stayed in two wombats hostels in Vienna and Naschmarkt is better in term of location. Facilities are almost excellent. This hostel seems to be very big and commercial. Stay here if you don't mind paying a little bit extra.

Very clean, nice bathroom.

More like a budget hotel, large ques, not a great atmosphere but was clean enough and beds were comfy. Lockers were a nice touch

The flouroscene light from the neon sign was a bit distracting , I couldn't turn off the bright green light .. Just close blinds :-)

This hostel was great! Very clean, great location, lots of resources, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I only had a day in Vienna, and they even gave me a little sheet of how to tour Vienna in a day. There were also a lot of areas to socialize in as well if you are a solo traveler.

Big hostel with big living area and a nice bar! I was on a double bed room, it was clean and nice. Close to markets and supermarkets and metro.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Mozambique

Wombats at Naschmarkt was a great hostel. It's location can't be beat since it's in the main food district of Vienna. The market right outside was great to walk up and down and get some great food. The staff were wonderful. They have their own bar and offer a free drink coupon for each guest. The room was huge and had it's own private shower room and bathroom. We will definitely stay there again when we go back to Vienna.

• 10th Jun 2014

It was great to have Wifi in our room. The breakfast was amazing, the biggest we've seen on our trip. The rooms are spacious and clean, great staff too. We were on the top floor so our room was a little hot even with the windows open. However it was 35 degrees outside so that's understandable. Definitely recommend this hostel to fellow travellers!

The best hostel you can get!!!!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Israel

The 35c heat was just full in lobby and room. Although you cannot do to the weather,should have some other solution. We only had one fan in 8 dorm. In addition,some of our food disappeared which was put in fridge despite we had name on it.

Hey there, sorry for the inconvenience during the stay. About the fan situation: we always have some extra fany we can out in the roms if requested; so if you visit us again once and there´s another heat wave, just come to reception and ask for an additional fan:-)

Really enjoyed my time here, though there was only 1 major negative point. I was there in summer on the top (5th) floor and it was ridiculously hot. We would leave the window open through the night and in the morning it felt almost as hot as when we went to sleep, and it would be cool outside. A fan was provided, but it was on the ground and did not blow any air toward the top bunk. I did not sleep much on my 1st two nights, and then slept on the floor for two nights.

• 9th Jun 2014

The wifi doesn"t work in our room. The breakfast was the best. We loved it!