Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Brilliant hostel, very modern. Staff were very helpful. No issues at all. The only thing I'd say is that the bar shuts early on a Sunday. Good location, right opposite the Naschmarkt which was brilliant for food. Within walking distance of the centre of Vienna. Loved our stay here and would recommend.

I had a great stay at Wombats at the Naschmarkt. I was hesitant about the location when I booked the hostel, but after getting there I realized that the location was very good. Its right next to the metro and the Naschmarkt, which is fun to walk through and to sample street food. The walk to the center of Vienna is only about 10-15 minutes and it is a pleasant walk. I felt safe coming back to the hostel at night as a solo female traveler, so I really appreciated that aspect of the location.

• 29th Nov 2014

I can't think of a single bad thing about this hostel. The location is fantastic, right next to a mouthwatering market and subway station. The staff couldn't be more friendly and even though it sometimes feels like a hotel because of how big it is, the atmosphere is still great. Breakfast wasn't free but it was worth every 3.9€. The reception lounge is pretty cosy and the bar staff was most friendly. If I ever go back to Vienna, I'm definitely staying at wombats again.

Thanks very much for your feedback! We are glad you had a good time in Vienna and in our Hostel:-) Safe travels Your wombat´s team:-)

Biggest hostel I've ever stayed. Very good location within walking distance to many sites. Room was very clean and spacious. It was hard to socialize with people here because people usually travel in big group and many of them were not backpackers. Staffs were friendly and helpful. Common areas are big and always have place for u to relax. There's a bar which sells affordable alcohol but I felt that the bar is a bit too small especially during weekend. So far very good hostel. Recommend !!

The eight person dorm was pretty big. Plenty of room for everyone, and I liked the wood floors and easy to open, big windows for fresh air. Good sized lockers. The location at Naschmarkt worked out really well for me (very easy to get to my train station, Miedling and I enjoyed the market across the street) but it may not be the ideal location for everyone. The lobby/ common area/ bar were all average. Like any other chain hostel. The kitchen seemed above average (clean and modern)

Fantastic stay here! The staff were great and the location was perfect. Very close to the station or within walking distance to most things if you don't mind walking to things and seeing nice things along the way! Got to use their shower room after I had checked out and was waiting for a night train. Super clean and new bathrooms!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • tiarnetiarne

I've stayed it in about 250 hostels around and this one was by far the best! Lockers are free and big, stuff frendly, close to everything and station, can't believe the price for breakfast: awesome!

Very nice

• South Korea

Nice location and quite kind staffs but the price was not that resonable for not including breakfast.

Good location, kind staffs

• South Korea

Great location and great staff!! Very clean! I loved this hostel and will go back to this and other wombats

Again another great stay at a Wombats Hostel - they never disappoint! We always choose Wombats where we can, the double room is great value for money whilst still being able to meet other travellers in the common areas. Staff very helpful.

• 20th Nov 2014

A great hostel. Perfect location, really clean, helpful and funny staff and good atmosphere. Plus the free walking tour was great! To emphasise - the reception staff were really nice!

As others wombats hostels, it is really good place to stay. A lot of facilities and very clean and secure.

Huge hostel in the middle of the city. If you just want beds in vienna, it is your place. If you want an hostel atmosphère, it's not.

You'd better stay here if you wanna save your money and spend a good time in Vienna!! Lounge and place for dish was very wide and neat. It became one of my favorite hostel!!

Great location and enjoyable stay. stayed in a double room and was a good size, wifi worked and managed to get extra pillows which was good.

• 16th Nov 2014

Great stay apart from the bugs that came out of the sheets when unravelled. Scary stuff! Otherwise good location, decent size lockers and great atmosphere in the bar downstairs!

Hey there, we are very sorry for the incident; unfortunately these nasty bugs are all around Europe and sometimes they also find their way to Vienna:-( We are trying everything to get rid of them quickly by closing any affected room immediately and get a professional pest control. I hope that you enjoyed your stay anyways and hope to welcome you soon again in one of our hostels:-)

Pros: Clean rooms, free locker, breakfast available, close to metro stop, and just a short walk (10-15 minutes) to the city center of Vienna. Cons: Staff wasn't super friendly or helpful upon arrival.

• 15th Nov 2014

one of best choice for budget travellers in group.

• 15th Nov 2014