Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

This is THE hostel to say at when going to Vienna. Everything is very clean, tidy and modern. The only thing is that it lacks a bit of atmosphere but I guess that's because of the city itself and not the hostel. Would definitely go here again If I was to visit again Vienna.

Very clean, good people, great location within the city.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • jcurrell

Typical large chain hostel! Good and clean facilities with kitchen and bar! Could have air conditioning in the lounge area or the common area for a hostel this size. It feels like a sauna during a warm day! Location was good right opposite the large food market and 15 mins walk to the cathedral! Atmosphere was good although was harder to meet people as a lot of people there travelled in groups. The staff were amazing too! :)

Best hostel i've been so far. Amazing staff very helpfull. Awesome vibe at the hostel's bar. Only thing that's no aircondition.

Excellent, well established hostel. Great location for going out- walking distance to museums and downtown shopping areas, plus close to the underground train for everything else you may want to get to, and close to the market and groceries for cheap food. Very clean rooms and bathrooms, well stocked kitchen. Atmosphere was good- lots of younger travelers/school groups but still fun. Staff was friendly and helpful. Worth the price.

BED BUGS! Stayed from July 4-7 and had to leave due to bed bugs. A nightmare. Only thing that helped situation was that the staff tried to be as helpful as possible. The young man who worked at night when I came back to find out we all had to be relocated bc of the bed bugs and Eder were great. But moving around, bites that later emerged and fear I'll transfer bugs home, awful. Liked that room had own bathroom. But the beds, even before knew of bugs, seemed runned down. Rooms not cleaned daily.

We are very sorry you had a bad experience with these nasty bugs, they are all around Europe from 5star hotels to hostels, from trains to buses and they love to travel in the bagpacks of fellow travellers; we are trying everything to keep them away, regularly check all rooms, but nevertheless we have the problem sometimes; all our staff (from cleaning to reception) is trained on how to deal with this matter and if a room is infected it is sprayed and closed for at least 3 consecutive days.

Fantastic interior and size of rooms. Excellent kitchen facilities too. Highly recommendable, right outside the Naschmarkt and only a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street, opera and museum quartier.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I had a great time at the hostel. I had already stayed in a Wombats hostel in a different city so I knew what to expect. The staff were very kind and helpful. At first they made a mistake by putting me in the wrong dorm, but after realizing their mistake they immediately made amends by upgrading me to a bigger room. Breakfast was very good and the atmosphere during the Netherlands vs. Costa Rica match was also very nice. In summary, this is the place to stay at if you are in Vienna.

I stayed here for only 1night between my flights, but I would definitely want to Come back for weekend break.

great hostel, really (really) clean, great breakfast, and pretty good location, like 10 minutes walk from the center and 3 minutes from the metro station the avrage age of the guests was really young, im 25 and i felt like hanging with my kid brother.. so if u r in to a quiet and settteld atmosphere it's probably wont be the place for you

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Just a few minor things have to be improved but not that serious ones .. all the rest are excellent!

Great hostel! Good bar and atmosphere and the staff were very helpful!

Works very professional. If you look for a good atmosphere you should look somewhere else. I won't recommend it to lonely travelers that look for meeting people.

Very nice place to stay and see the Nash market.

위치가 정말 좋아요. 깨끗하고, 조용하고, 친절하기까지 합니다. 다만 끝쪽방은 wifi가 잘 안터지네요

This hostel had everything you could need, and I enjoyed being so close to the supermarkets and Naschmarkt. The bar gets very busy at night and is a fun place to go for a drink.

Excellent hostel. Great Location.

I totally recommend this hostel, strategically located in from of the Grossmarkt; the facilities are very tidy and modern, the dorms are very organised and clean, very good option.

Staff was friendly & helpful,Nice place to stay.

• 1st Jul 2014