Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

I stayed only one night in your hostel but everything was perfect :-)

Thank you very much, I really appreciated to stay in your hostel. The room was amazing and everybody from the staff was very friendly and helpful!!!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Israel

The Lobby needs a refurbishment Wifi worked only in the lobby

• 7th Mar 2015

Hey there, thanks for your feedback! We are actually rebuilding our lobby completely this April:-) Best regards from Vienna Your wombat´s team

Absolutely great! Very clean, quite and safe. 10 minute walking away from the Opera and Karlsplatz subway. Great all you can eat breakfast for only 4,50 euro. The market is close by, there are tons of goodies to eat and buy there.

We had just got back from a week of heavy skiing and were all staying one night before all going out to the airort for long haul flights around the US and Europe. Staff were very pleasant to deal with and we had three beers in nice bar for getting a good nights rest in the very clean rooms.

We really enjoyed our stay, the location is fantastic right next to the nachtsmarket where there are lots if fantastic places to eat. Probably the best part was the free walking tour the guide was fantastic! We were in a twin room it was towards the back of the hostel and not noisy at all!

Really awesome hostel, location and staff. Everyone at the reception was super friendly and very helpful. Bar was great. Everything was really good, to be honest. Best hostel I've stayed so far.

I was really satisfied with this hostel. The hostel is near by metro station, famous market, and city town. Location is good. Furthermore hostel's atmosphere was really good. I could enjoy the chance to meet many friends from all around world. Especially, bar in this hostel was good. Clearness, employees... everything was satisfying. I wanna recommend this hostel to anyone, who has plan to visit Vienna.

Nice big lockers that lock with key card they give you. Good hostel. Clean and staff was friendly. Also the bar was very fun and they give you a free drink voucher when you check it.

Very very friendly staff! Nice & clean rooms! Very spacious. There is a kitchen, but all the kitchen utensils seem to be hidden or something :D We did enjoy the bar and the HAPPY HOURS :D Lovely cocktails. The reception service was awesome (calling doctors, printing boarding passes, ...) There are 2 stores and a pharmacy nearby, which is really great.

• Belgium

We really enjoyed our stay here. The location is fantastic. It's very close to a station, and right on the Naschmarkt. It was so easy to get around and very central. I had decent Wifi in my room and I was on the second floor. There were also power points and lights above every bed. Modern big lockers in rooms. The place was extremely clean and the facilities excellent. There are folders full of recommendations for Restaurants, attractions etc in the common room. Overall there was a great vibe.

overall it was a nice stay for 2 days, though I hoped that they had mentioned they offer a towel. I found out that the next day. There was no kitchen where i could use microwave or kettle.

• South Korea

Hey there, thanks for your feeback. We actually do have a guest kitchen with microwave and everything; Information about where to find it you get at checkin with the info sheet and there are additional info sheets on the room and the public areas. We only have a limited number of towels for guests who e.g. forgot their towel at home, that´s why we only give them out upon request. Lots of greetings from Vienna:-) your wombat´s team

Upon check in you don't receive any information in regards to what you should see and do whilst in Vienna. You a simply handed a map, they don't even tell you when the free walking tour is. The free walking tour with Charles was great. It was very informative and he is a great laugh.

• 4th Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback:-) We will pass on your positive feedback to Charles and will work on your critical feedback with our receptionists! Happy travels:-) Your wombat´s team

Only complaint is that there were a few beatles in our room. Matresses a little dirty but everything else was clean. Small but fully stocked kitchen available. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hallway doors somewhat loud but okay. Cool place to hang out and meet people. I was there for business...our 4 person dorm was quite enough for that.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your feeback. We have already exchanged the mattresses, unfortunately they get dirty pretty quick:-(, but we are exchanging them regularly. We are glad you enjoyed hanging out in our hostel and hope to welcome you soon again:) Your wombat´s team

The in room lockers were very nice, the build in lock made if convenient because I didn't need my own padlock which sometimes doesn't even fit, or properly lock. And Definitely the best pillows in all of the world of Hostels. I would definitely stay at Wombats again, and will be looking for one in all future cities.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Glad that you had a good time here:-) Your wombat´s team

The hostel was excellent in respects for location, value for money and cleanliness. The staff were very obliging and we had excellent service from everyone we encountered. The free walking tour guide was amazing with lots of little jokes and information. I cannot think of anything negative. We had an enjoyable stay and would certainly look out for Wombat hostels in other cities.

• Israel

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Immaculate, new, close to everything, pleasant helpful staff, none of the flophouse feel of some hostels. Wouldn't stay anywhere else next time in Vienna, or any other city where they have a hostel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel:-)) Lots of greetings from Vienna and safe travels Your wombat´s team

Wifi conection was very poor in the room, and we were only on the first floor, the bar had a good atmosphere, but closed at 1am. The orange juice at breakfast wasn't very nice. Despite these small few things i had a great stay and met some really cool people.

• 3rd Mar 2015

This hostel has a great location and the staff were very helpful. The room was clean and every bunk has an outlet and a light. The wifi worked great and the bar downstairs is fun!

Great hostel, lots of places to meet people (not just the bar), great location, facilities, friendly staff, etc. One really flawed policy though- they collect your photo ID as a key deposit (for just a key card!), and wouldn't even agree to take a cash deposit instead.

• 2nd Mar 2015