Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

- First night we had the luxury double suite (because no others were available), which had no curtains to darken the room, so we were awake at 5u15... - Second night different room, but loads of noise, so even with earplugs not a great night :( - Staff were really nice though and the amenities and location are great.

• 19th Jun 2015

Great hostel with excellent location and facilities. Only two negatives was the expensive breakfast and constant contiki tours staying at the hostel. Otherwise good kitchen, bar, wif. A little big to meet people but would still return!

Good location with lots of Asian markets.

Everything was great! Although some of the hostel staff were quite stand offish. But most were great and very helpful!! 😃

• 18th Jun 2015

I PREFER THE ONE NEAR WESTBAHNHOF

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Bangladesh

I would recommend having the guest kitchen cleaned outside of mealtimes, not during.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will consider your recommendation and think about a solution. I hope that-apart from that-you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel and will visit us again:-) Best regards, your wombat´s team

The staff was very helpful and the breakfast options were plentiful at a reasonable price. The wifi didn't work in the breakfast area, but that is the only complaint!

Thank you very much for your review:-)

This was the best hostel I've been to among many. I received an extra free drink voucher just for waiting additional 5 minutes to check in. A roommate had already littered the room that I checked into and I requested for a move and immediately got one. The staff is super warm. They have a free walking tour, a great lounge bar and the location is just perfect. A hostel experience just couldn't get better in Vienna! Will definitely come back! A bit expensive but worth every penny!

My favorite hostel I've been to! Perfect location, very nice people, a great atmosphere to meet more nice people, and loved the room I stayed in. Thanks for all you do!

• 16th Jun 2015

The high-tech lockers in the room were really cool! I needed somebody in my room to show me how to work them though. Almost all of the staff were friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast had great variety, but I wish it was included in the room price.

I only stayed one night but it was one of my favorite hostels so far, I liked the atmosphere and so happy to finally see a usable kitchen (however it's always insanely busy) it's still nice to have, staff were friendly. Rooms were nice and clean.

Wombat's is the best hostel that I've been. The environment its amazing full of young travelers, the bar is very nice, it's super clean, the breakfast is very good, the staff always helps you... the location its excellent. Best hostal in the world.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

The location was excellent. The market is right across the street, and a grocery store is right next door. The directions to get to the hostel were great. Staff were friendly, though a bit standoffish. Rooms were clean, the lockers inside the rooms were large and extremely secure (you need your key card to open and lock the lockers). I stayed on the second floor, and wifi didn't reach up there as much as I hoped. The kitchen got packed and was quite hot, and the bar was loud. Otherwise, great!

• 15th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback, great to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel:-) We wish you happy travels and hope to see u once again in one of our Hostels all around Europe, your wombat´s team

I find all the wombats hostels are really clean and a pretty no hassle run experience. A bit pricier but nice if you want an ensuite bathroom so you only have to share with your room. The location of this was amazing! Right next to vien as biggest market which was a great place to spend all morning sampling food or window shopping for gifts. The only downfall is I found there were never enough washing machines. All in all, was very happy with wombats!

No air conditioning made it very hot at night. Very good location.

Thank you very much for your review! Due to sustainability reasons we don´t have air-condition, but the fan in each room should make the few hot days in Vienna more bearable:-) Happy and safe travels, your wombat´s team

So good hostel, and you meet people easily here. The dorms are spacious and price is definitely in place. It's all very good. I will return here next time I'm in Vienna. :)

E X C E L L E N T ! ! ! Cannot dissapoint!

Very nice facilities!

-WiFi in the rooms were weak -quite difficult to meet new people -location was perfect (1min walk from metro) -security and cleanliness were top notch -individual lockers provided -buffet breakfast was worth the money -Nice area to hangout at the lobby

Great location and really clean and modern. The staff was very helpful and. They provided you with everything you needed for a few days in Vienna. The breakfast buffe for 4.5 euro was also excellent and great value for the money. I'll definitely recommend this place to family and friends!