Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

It was my first experience in a hostel and I really loved. I hope to see you again guys!

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Wombats is a really well run hostel. It actually felt like more of a hotel/hostel hybrid to me. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever been on in a hostel. The bar downstairs was awesome, and all the facilities were clean and new. The one downside I would say is that it is so big, it loses some of the "local hostel" feeling/community vibe.. but that could have just been my experience/opinion. Still highly recommend Wombats in Vienna!

Great FANCY hostel... The amenities were beyond expectations, lots of people from around the world, great bar with cool music too! Highly recommended.

Great hostel! It is perfectly located to the Ubahn. Loved the lockers in the rooms and how they lock with the room key. Bar in hostel really gives off a great atmosphere. I was SO happy about the bathrooms in the room, they were so clean! Will be staying here again if I ever journey back to Vienna!

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and spacious rooms. Great atmosphere for meeting people!

Overall, great place. The sheets were packaged so they felt clean. The room was spacious and the ensuite bathroom was great. The only downside was the fact that the locker was stuck for a while until I had to pound the door to get it unstuck. Also, while the sheets were clean, it was weird how the blankets weren't washed and were simply left on the uncovered mattress. What's the point of having clean sheets but a dirty blanket? I ended up getting more sheets to cover the blanket.

It's perfect! I especially love the fact that it's ensuite. The staff are super nice and one of them helped me boil hot water in the middle of the night because the kitchen was closed. The only thing inconvenient is that there is just one kitchen located on the ground floor, but if you don't always need hot water like me, it's okay because there's space to eat downstairs as well. The pamphlet they provide is with informative and very useful info. I love it!

Fantastic hostel. Had a great atmosphere with lots of friendly faces. a 5 minute walk into the center of Vienna. They provide security cards that work for the doors and lockers so no need for additional padlocks.

One of the best hostels/hotels I have been. Very comfortable, good located, excellent staff and secure.

• 3rd Jan 2016

This hostel has a bar. It is not as noisy as the one in Munich. The staff are really helpful. I also like the free computers in the common area. They charge 4.5 Euro for breakfast, lots of options for breakfast, but just average quality. I stayed in a six bed mixed dorm, however I was lucky all of us are girls. The room is big, with lockers, but the beds are a little bit old. It is close to the subway. Walking distance to museum quarter.

This felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Amazingly clean, large, great facilities. The breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hostel - mind blowing. The only negative part about this hostel is that it's hard to meet people. It's just too huge, so it seems to be occupied by people travelling in large groups. So it becomes hard to know which people are travelling alone or in a smaller group. People travelling with 3 or more people tend to not be interested in conversations with strangers.

Easy to get to and near main tram lines.. By far the most comfortable bed and pillow I've used while traveling.. Having a full bathroom in the room was awesome. Staff was very kind and willing to answer any questions you may have. Bar provides a decent happy hour/ nightly drink special

everything is oke and the location is good. i suggest, The Wombats put the route to reach this hostel (how to get the hostel) in the website.

This is a large scale operation and feels akin to a hotel, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The people in the hostel are as well, and the Wombats bar makes it very easy to meet people outside of your room. The bar is actually really great...happy hour, drink specials, darts and pool table, food. The beds were incredibly comfortable! I might actually ask what mattresses they use...that good. It's located right off the kettenbruckengasse stop, easy to access everything in Vienna.

This was one of the most expensive hostels I have stayed in, but I think it was pretty worth it. My favorite parts were the main lobby and the bar area. The main lobby area was a really cool place to hang out and it was comfortable and cool, the bar was the same, and the bartenders were really friendly too. Overall it was really easy to meet new people, and it was definitely more than just a place to sleep. The main city center is also very close to the hostel, just about a ten minute walk.

Loved it!

Very nice hostel, the ensuite and shower in each room are great. Our room was very spacious and had a nice view of Wien. The statf were very kind and helpful; the atmosphere is very laid back and friendly, its easy to meet people in the lounge or relaxing on the day beds in the reception area. The hostel is very close to the transit stop which is nice because its location is not very close to the vienna attractions. One of the best hostels that i have been to!

Very nice and organized place! They provide a locker in the room. Super clean without doubt!

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Taiwan

I can only tell you that if I ever gonna visit Vienna again I would deffinetly stay in this hostel again. Amazing location , very good breakfast , very welcoming atmosphere and staff.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Turkey

It was absoulutly a good choice to stay at Wombats Naschmarkt. Staff was good and helpful. Room was clear. Hostel had a good atmosphere that felt like at home. And it was founded a very good location. Subway was so close and took us everywhere so easily. If i travel a country where the wombats are, certainly i will stay there. Thanks so much for your hospitality. Looking forward to see you again.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Turkey

Thank you very much for your review, we are also really looking forward to welcoming you again in our hostel:-) Happy New Years and safe travels, your wombat´s Team:-)