Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Three of us rode the brand new bikes available for rent from Melk back to the hostel. Initially we were going to ride to Krems then hope the train back to Vienna but the weather was nice and we had plenty left in the tank after a lunch break. Highly suggest taking advantage of the new bikes available to rent and to at least do the Melk to Krems ride.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • gerberGT

This hostel was aight. The common room was chilled and rooms were decent and secure. Most of The staff were pretty awful though, they just wanted to be done with you as soon as possible and move onto the next person. But when you have 100s of people checking in and out each day that's understandable. Optional brekky was worth it and kitchen was good to cook

Only issue was the wifi. It didn't work in the kitchen, and was pretty dodgey in the rooms. Everything else though was exceptional. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

The facilities are new and clean. The only thing I dislike, is that in our 8 bed room, the sink was in the bathroom. As a consequence nobody was able to brush teeth or wash hands when somebody else was using the shower or toilet. The atmosphere was poor in my point of view because there were so many school kids during my stay (I am 26). So no real hostel experience from a traveller's point of view. From a school kid's point of view, I suppose it was fun.

The hostel is in a great location, two supermarkets next door for guest cooking and the Naschmarkt market on your doorstep! It is also only a 10-15 minute walk to the main sites in the 'Inner Stadt'. The rooms are huge with amazing showers, by far the best I have had in any hostel so far. The kitchen is great, lots of hobs and fridge space, but no worksurface space for preparing food. It also got very busy after about 7pm.

Great hostel and location! Everything about it is really good except that the bedrooms are exceptiooooonalllly hot!!!! And the sheets are too small for the bed! Otherwise would definitely recommend (might be an uncomfortable sleep in the peak of summer)

Great! location is really good. and staffs were very kind.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • South Korea

We had an awesome room and the location is great, within walking distance of the museum quarter. Breakfast is pretty good for 4 euros. Only downside was that the WiFi was pretty bad

• 1st Jun 2014

everything is alright about this hostel. the room is big and clean and the atmosphere is really great. but its charge is quite high compared to other hostels.

Good hostel, clean, only stayed for 1 night but enjoyed our stay. Not too far from the centre and easy to get too. Would go back there in the future

Great place to stay. Helpful staff, huge kitchen, and a good laundry room. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The large outdoor market is right across the street as well, which provides a great place to eat or buy food for later. Highly recommended.

Poor wifi connection in the rooms, and beds should be renewed...

A well above average hostel. The key-card lockers were great.

Maybe it would be good a better system to choose your bed when you arrive. In my case I was the first in arriving to a room. But when I came back someone had tried to take the same bed than me. I don't but it could be good for instance to be able to label the chosen bed.

See you next time ;-)

• 29th May 2014

I recommend everybody to go to this hostel, you will spend a good moment there! Good location, nice staff, kindly!

관광지랑은 다소 멀지만 지하철역이 매우 가깝고 시설이 너무너무 좋습니다.

location was noot good

• 26th May 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel was great - the reception staff was so helpful and knowledgeable. The lobby has a lot of information about how to get from A to B (e.g. Vienna to Budapest/Prague), what to see in Vienna, times and locations of activities, etc. The hostel is so clean too!!!

I do recommend this hostel!! It's very well located and they offer a nice free walking tour (tipped based). It's clean and safe, with nice lockers for your luggage. The staff is very friendly: I've commented about sleeping problems (a roommate was snoring a lot) and they promptly offered me another room. Good breakfast (not included, but worth to pay apart). I had a very good time there...