Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

The 35c heat was just full in lobby and room. Although you cannot do to the weather,should have some other solution. We only had one fan in 8 dorm. In addition,some of our food disappeared which was put in fridge despite we had name on it.

Hey there, sorry for the inconvenience during the stay. About the fan situation: we always have some extra fany we can out in the roms if requested; so if you visit us again once and there´s another heat wave, just come to reception and ask for an additional fan:-)

Really enjoyed my time here, though there was only 1 major negative point. I was there in summer on the top (5th) floor and it was ridiculously hot. We would leave the window open through the night and in the morning it felt almost as hot as when we went to sleep, and it would be cool outside. A fan was provided, but it was on the ground and did not blow any air toward the top bunk. I did not sleep much on my 1st two nights, and then slept on the floor for two nights.

• 9th Jun 2014

The wifi doesn"t work in our room. The breakfast was the best. We loved it!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Wombats Hostel at the Naschmarkt. The rooms felt very secure, and I liked how we could use our hostel cards to lock our lockers. The Location was great. It was easy to get to public Transportation, and we loved being right by the Naschmarkt for breakfast and snacks. The only thing we did not enjoy at the hostel were the staff. In general, they never seemed eager to answer questions or help you figure out what to do in Vienna.

Very clean and lovely spacious rooms!

Very happy about this hostel I am a solo female traveler that felt very safe. Very clean (only complaint was stained mattress), the $3.90EU buffet-breakfast is GREAT value (all you can eat vs the breakfast of 1 croissant+ coffee I had the day before for $9 at another place...) 10min or less walk to Opera House and 15 min metro to Schonnbrun. Staff was extremely helpful and welcoming! Definitely would recommend this hostel!!!

• 8th Jun 2014

Grear place. Great staff. Great location.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • India

Very clean hostel right next to the Nachsmarkt. About a 5 minute walk from the opera house, and from there any major sight from Vienna is about 5 minutes away. The beds and the sheets were clean, the bar was hopping, and it was a good place to stay. The cons were that if it's hot there's only a single fan per room to keep you cool. Also it's a larger hostel so you don't get that small hostel meet everyone experience. But overall great place, would recommend!

great hostel! they have a very nice breakfast "all you can eat " for a great price! nice staff, nice atmosphere, i'll back without a doubt!

definitely a good place to stay!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

we stayed in a doublebedroom on top, the view was exiting, but it was very very hot and there was no possibility to make the room dark - in comparison to the wombat at Maria Hilf, where this ist possible. So maybee you think about that. And the high season prices are nearly similar to Hotels like Ibis, motel one etc. But we really enjoyed our stay and we´ll come back soon.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Austria
  • Couple, 41+

guys at reception are great. Good breakfast

The room was really big and spacious - really big en-suite bathroom too! The beds were comfy. Kitchen was okay, but had no toaster or oven - basics all hostels should have. But, there is no air con anywhere in this hostel!! It made it difficult to enjoy the hostel, which is otherwise really nice.

I wish I could rate this lower. Sure it's clean and security is great but this was a hotel where you sleep in the same room with other people, not a hostel. I didn't meet one person. I know this place gets good reviews and it would be great if I were in a big group but I was alone and it was just sad. The bar was not inviting and really quiet even though it was a Saturday night. Really just a terrible place for solo travelers though I'm sure it could be fun if you're not alone.

Hey there, sorry that you felt uncomfortable as a solo traveller; I know how hard it can be to meet fellow travellers (especially nowadays when everyone is occupied and usy with smartphones, facebook, etc. We try everything to get people more together, we even have single nights now in our bars, because we think that meeting new people is one of the essential things when traveling.

The stay would have been great except there was no air conditioning, so I couldn't sleep at night cause I was too hot.

• 6th Jun 2014

Just a lovely hostel to stay in whilst travelling. Staff were very helpful, room was fantastic, breakfast was great,easy to walk into the main centre and overall a wonderful place.. Will recommend it to others while staying in Vienna.. Thank you

• 6th Jun 2014

Stay was great, staff excelent, breakfast very good, see you.

If you don't mind large industrially run hostels that are more like budget hotels than the more intimate, homely hostels you tend to get around Europe, then this is the one for you. It is very well located, super clean, very efficiently run and has very good facilities. However, it lacks all sense of personality. I felt fine there but also like i was in a factory designed to get as many guests through as possible. Kudos to the staff for helping my friend change rooms when a snorer kept her up.

Very friendly staff and great central location!

Good for visiting Viena!