Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

All wonderful, except NO AIR CONDITIONING. I don't think you understand it's been hovering around 40 degrees lately. Not okay. Other than that, lovely rooms, private lockers, clean facilities. Can always rely on Wombat's.

Thank you for your feedback. A heat like that is very unusual in Vienna, that´s why most hotels, hostels, etc. don´t have air-condition in Vienna; also it is a matter of environmental protection. To make it easier to get over this heat wave we have now increased the stock of fans:-) Great to read that you enjoyed the rooms and our facilities and we hope to see u soon again in one of our wombat´s all around Europe:-), your wombat´s team

It was terribly hot. We got no sleep. Very unpleasant.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Absolutely loved it! We came way later than we meant to, and the staff were very understanding. Staff was very helpful and friendly. A fun bar in the hostel, and you get a free drink voucher. Breakfast is only €4.5 and includes bottomless coffee, juice, buns, cereal, fruit. Very delicious, and for a great price. The hostel has a really fun atmosphere! The rooms were small and clean. Very secure- we all had our own locker with a key-card. I definitely recommend it!

Got good atmosphere! But wifi connection is very poor in fifth floor. Not sleeping comfortablely due to heat and can't breathe in the room because window can't be opened bigger!

Hi, yes it was really hot in Vienna throughout the last couple of days - we just recieved a shipment of fans to hand out - that should to the trick. Will def look into the WIFI issue! All the best, Boris

There is no aircon in the room for the price you pay to stay here!! Considering it was 38 degrees outside and the price you pay to stay at this hostel it is very disappointing!!

Thank you very much for your Feedback. Vienna is currently struck by a heat wave never seen before here and we have now increased our stock of fans. Due to environmental reasons we do not provide air-condition (and with our normal weather conditions it is usually not needed). So sorry for the inconvenience of the heat, but i hope that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna and had the opportunity to enjoy a bath in one of Vienna´s pools or in the Danube River!:-) Lots of greetings, your wombat´s team

staff were exceptional at this place. so helpful even though i needed help with really tedious stuff. made it so eeasy for me. room was huge and clean. bathroom was great. location great. breakfast was great value. no complaints.

The location is a bit removed, but the atmosphere, staff and overall experience makes up for it completely. The bar downstairs is convenient, cheap and filled with a great crowd. I highly recommend this location ❤️.

You know what to expect from Wombats thats why i stayed. Clean rooms and ensuite bathroom, great location, handy laundry service, and decent all you can eat breakfast for €4.50. All that - tick! Great atmosphere for more of a party scene. Don't go if you want an intimate hostel, it's massive and there will be Contiki/Topdeck groups which is fine but as solo traveller i like a different vibe from a hostel, one where i can feel at home and get to know everyone. Wombats is great for a short stay.

It was excellent. Very clean, friendly&helpful staff, nice company, plenty of breakfast. The location is great too, the underground is really close and only a few minutes to the city. I recommend the place :)

Didn't like that after a long day traveling I get to the hostel and had to put the sheets on the bed, pillow, and comforter myself. Bathroom and room were clean. The main entrance isn't locked so anyone can just walk in from the street and start talking to/harassing guests- which happened to me. The staff didn't point out anything to see or do on the map or tell me anything about Vienna. The dryers didn't work well at drying my clothes. Wouldn't stay here again. It was ok. Location is great tho!

Thank you for your feedback, we will look into the matters mentioned by you (staff, dryers). great to read that you iked the location of our Hostel:-) best regards and happy travels, your wombat´s team

Contiki hostel. The groups are going through here all the time

Wombats the Naschmarkt was a great hostel. I felt very welcome and the staff were very helpful. The room was a four-bed female dorm that was very clean and spacious. I particularly liked that th rooms were cleaned every day.

• 12th Jul 2015

Great hostel, close to all of the main sites and public transport. Right next to Naschmarkt, where you can get good reasonably priced food (just check the menu before you sit down). The staff were excellent, answered all my questions, and even called up the office for the Spanish riding school to check on morning practice times for me. Unfortunately, the horses were on break when I was there, but I really appreciated the help. Can't recommend Wombats enough!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at in Europe

• 11th Jul 2015

With all the Contiki groups coming in, it just wasn't the type of hostel I liked. The main area was nice and clean but the dorm room themselves were old and in need of refurbishing. The bedding (not the ones we put on ourselves) was too old. If we aren't with Contiki, I feel that our beds should have bedding on them and not require us to cover it with duvet and etc. Also, the staff were not kind but rather just always frustrated.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you were not completely happy with our service, but we are always working on improving it. I hope you enjoyed your time in Vienna, safe and happy travels, your wombat´s team

This is a Wombat's, so you know just what you're getting. Great hostel bar, large common area for hanging out, good location by a metro stop and close to old town. Don't expect the staff to do much more than check you in, though.

This was an amazing hostel! It was so nice inside and was definitely worth the money! The staff gave us a free upgrade to a room with only 6 beds instead of 12, which was nice! The breakfast that they have every morning is all you can eat for 4,50€ and it's great!! Not really any complaints about this hostel. The free walking tour that the hostel offers was also really great and I'd definitely recommend it!

Easy walk to all the attractions. Bar was decent. Mattress on bed was out of this world!

Huge rooms. Private showers in each room. Overall really great hostel. Wombar has the cheapest drinks in Vienna and is pretty cool. Gets a little loud in the evenings but rooms stay pretty quiet. No wifi in the rooms which is a downside. But the kitchen space is sufficient despite the mass amounts of people. No oven.

Good hostel, breakfast is particularly impressive offering a full continental spread from cereals, meats to toast and pâté for €4.50 (mind the market outside the door has an even bigger spread). Nice idea to include a free small drinks voucher to get you settled in too.