Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

Good: Location was very close to subway and right at the market, we got a free drink in the bar downstairs, staff were helpful, rooms were clean, we could leave our bags before/after check in free of charge. Bad: Price wasn't the cheapest for the room, plus we had to pay an extra €3.90 for breakfast. It did include a coffee machine that made cappuccino, espresso etc which was nearly worth it. The free walking tour also didn't take place (how often does that happen? hmm) Overall, very good

staff were rude. not very welcoming. the whole hostel is nosey and crowed.

Hey there! We are very sorry to hear that you had some bad experience. Any negative feedback can only help us to improve our service in the future, so we would really appreciate a more detailed Feedback in an email to office-naschmarkt@wombats.eu

Very nice hostel with comfortable beds and nice location.

Bar down stairs is relatively cheap. Gets busy with the Busabout coming in every second night.

The facilities at all the Wombats Hostels I've stayed at have been immaculate and this one was no exception. If you are after a clean place to stay in an interesting area this is perfect, however as a large hostel atmosphere is lacking and its very hard to meet people. Staff are efficient but don't go out of their way for you.

Massive big hostel with mainly the younger crowd. Clean with lockers in the room but don't expect any personal service ect. You are treated as a number here.

The hostel was nice and clean, with big spacious rooms. There was also a good atmosphere down at the bar in the evening and easy to meet people. Had a few problems with the staff and the wifi was absolutly bad.

Unless you're with a big group don't stay in wombat hostels. If you are with one they are perfect. Also their bathrooms smell weird

Wombats is my favourite hostel throughout Europe. Wombats Vienna had a great bar to meet people, great rooms, good bathroom, wifi worked great throughout the rooms but not very well in the bar which I thought was good so then you had to mingle with other travellers. The staff were really helpful and friendly, the location was perfect.. Food markets and supermarket a couple of steps away. I would recommend wombats to every traveller!! Can't get enough! Would stay there again!

Great location, facilities and staff. Easy to walk to most tourist destinations. If there was any downside it would be that parking is far away.

It would better if the hotel can sign a parking partner to provide an easier and cheaper access to parking for travelers

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

Being next to the Naschmarkt was awesome. Only a 15 minute walk to everything in Old Town and right next to the subway. The dorms are also huge!

Great hostel. Nice spacious room. Friendly staff. Great location. I will be back :)

Bed bugs!!!!!! Staff forgot to tell me and 2 other ppl that the room we were in was infested - I was only moved to a different room when I complained directly. Had to spend half a day washing everything and the dryerz weren't working properly. Great location though! Bed bugs aside, this place was ok but nothing special.

I’m really sorry to hear that but thank you for the info! Unfortunately there is no 100% protection from bed bugs, even though we try to keep a very high level of cleanliness. But thanks to you we can now clean the room. Just to let you know: We shut down the room for a minimum of three days. During these days we heat up the room to appr. 60°C with an industrial heater and after that we use a chemical treatment to make absolutely sure, that the room is bed bug free after that. Sorry :(

After staying in warm friendly hostels with a community feel, the staff and environment at this hostel was very cold and unwelcoming. You have to make your own bed, which I wasn't happy about after exhausting travel. I did not spend much time in the hostel but it was clean. The breakfast was weak, 4 euros for basically cereal, bread, and some old fruit. Not great. I will stay somewhere else next time I'm in Vienna.

Thanks for your feedback! We are a large hostel, but we try everything to make it as comfy as possible, e.g. by having beanie bags+a hammock in our common area, by having events in our bar, etc. Our breakfast costs 3,90€ and comprises: coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice, fruit, vegetables, 4 sorts of bread, eggs, salami, ham, cheese, jam, honey, nutella, peanut butter, meat spread, cornflakes, müsli, etc. A single coffee anywhere in town costs about 3,00€..just as comparison.

Central location by nachtmarkt and between Shoonbruun Palace and downtown. Great kitchen. Two supermarkets just next door. Wifi did not work in the dorm room, but worked well in the lobby. Huge hostel and clean and modern. Definitely worth it in Vienna. Enjoy!

Very nice sleep. Appreciate prompt response from the team.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • India

It's a very efficient, well-run hostel in a great location. But no real atmosphere... The bar is more of a club, dark and with loud, bad music which makes it very difficult to carry a conversation and get to know people. So not great for a solo traveler. But you don't have many options in Vienna and it is clean and comfortable. Would stay again!

Thank you so much for everything. :) The staff was amazing, and upgraded my room gratis, which just made our day - for three days straight. Very, very, very impressed. :D

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • India

Thanks for the nice feedback; we are happy that you had a great time in Vienna and hope to welcome you soon again in Vienna. Safe travels The wombat´s team

From the start the staff were great, our private room was fantastic and the atmosphere was brilliant! Clean, modern with plenty of facilities and a really fresh vibe!