Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

I thought that Wombats had really great facilities, and was in a wonderful location. It is right next to a wonderful outdoor market, and not far (5-10 minute walk) from many of the best sights in Vienna. The breakfast is AMAZING, and the bar had a pretty cool vibe also. It was not the friendliest hostel I've ever been to, I didn't meet too many people, but besides that, it was great.

Large hostel that is conveniently located right in front of the Naschmarket. Has a bar and a large chill out zone. The hostel is run very professionally and, due to its large size, almost feels like a hotel. I was there a Friday night only and the bar was busy with young hostelers: I don't know if its like this other days. I didn't notice any noise from the bar in the rooms. Bunk beds & bathrooms are new. Heating in rooms and good water pressure. Lockers with electronic locks are in room.

It was a great time I spent there. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. Had lots of fun!

I loved the location and the general condition of the hostel as one can see that everything is looked after. The breakfast is great! However, I would feel better if you would make clear what language is spoken as I once asked a staff member and she clearly wasn't comfortable in german but she didn't pass on the question either.

• 25th Feb 2015

Wonderful, felt like a hotel. Nachmarkt is a fun area--walking distance to the museum district and full of great shopping and restaurants. Loved it and would definitely return.

A good atmosphere and the staff was very friendly! The staff was really social en engaged. A nice lounge and super breakfast buffet! Everything is well organized. The room was modern and tidy. One disadvantage was that there was some waste left in one bed (bottle of water, paper) and that the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night (just for ten seconds, luckily). But we highly recommend this hostel!!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Excellent structure, comfortable rooms, great and cheap breakfast. All you need for a nice stay

Best hostel ever!

Awesome hostel!! Good location, close to the U-Bahn. Very clean, very friendly staff! Breakfast is amazing and totally worth the money. We only went on our last day but I wish we had gone everyday! Loved this hostel!!

would be nice if can boil hot water in room

I had a great time. The hostel is great with vary good atmosphire. The only thing that was a little disapointing was the metress which was a bit unconvinient.

Hello, Me and my girlfriend slept in this Hostel - Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt - We spent good times in the bar, kitchen shared, communs spaces. But, during the night, we was bitten by some spiders ( i thing ... ), we had lot of big red spot very scratchy on our skin Hope the direction will do the best to eradicate this problem Bruno & Marie

The staff are very friendly, they are very good at explaining where to go and very helpful defiantly one of the best service I got! Also it's very nice in there and you get a free drink :)

Fantastic hostel in every way. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a hostel in Vienna. Really clean, large rooms, very close to downtown, and right beside a metro stop.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Great facilities. Bar was a great place to meet fellow travelers!

For the price, it's hard to believe Wombats can provide such a great place to stay. Nothing to complain about here... Though a cheaper breakfast wouldn't go astray.

Great hostel, everything works very good, the bar was nice, you can meet a lot of people there, the breakfast was plenty for 4.50 euros it is very good price and it is buffet.

Fantastic rooms in a fantastic location. Very clean

Marvellous! My single room was better than many hotels I have visited. I immediately began recommending Wombat's to friends.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you sooo much for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your days in our house:-) Best regards from Vienna Your wombat´s team

Amazing staff! Everybody always trying to help with whatever you need. The hostel is really close to one metro station, and you can do pretty much everything using it.