Wombats City Hostel Vienna - at the Naschmarkt Reviews

Rechte Wienzeile 35, Vienna, Austria

I had a great time at the Wombats City hostel in Vienna! The location is really great, just a few minutes walking brings you to the opera and the Hofburg and there is also a metro station right around the corner. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. Rooms were nice and everything was very clean. It is a really big hostel and the rooms and the atmosphere are more like a hotel. Check out the Free Walking Tour!

Like some other wombats, this is a bit more like a hotel than a traditional hostel as sports teams were there and families as well, so if you're looking for a traditional 'backpackers' hostel, this isn't it. However, it was still a lot of fun, and the happy hour at the bar was a good way to start the night!

Clean, big room and bed. Nice staff with excellent location nearing subway station.

Great hostel. I love the Wombat's chain. They are a little pricy, but their cheap drinks make up for it. Awesome bar at this location to meet people and is right across the street from the Naschmarkt so it is super easy to grab a cheap meal or hop on the U to go see the palaces.

This was my first hostel experience and I loved it! Very clean and very comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff and met a bunch of great people.

The location was great and the rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. The bar was cool, and the kitchen was well equipped. However the bathroom in our room smelled absolutely terrible. It stank of urine like a public toilet. We complained twice and asked them to clean properly under the matting where the smell was coming from but nothing was done. The floor in our room was also very dusty and dirty. I would always prefer a slightly dilapidated but clean hostel over a fancy dirty one.

• 31st Mar 2015

The best hostel I've stayed in! The atmosphere is great, the staff super friendly and extremely helpful. They have a nice bar and give you a free welcome drink, great place to meet people. The rooms are very clean and the facilities are amazing. Definitely recommend it!

Great hostel! Bar was fun, as was the street market right outside.

Really excellent place to stay. Great location as it's not far from the centre at all, but also has a lovely local area. The staff were incredibly friendly and it had a great atmosphere both day and night. The rooms were spotless, but the only minor issue was that our room was very hot. (Although, once turning the radiators down and opening the windows it was fine.) Would really recommend this hostel - definitely worth the price.

We really enjoyed Wombats hostel. Our room (4 person private with ensuite bath) was very nice, clean, and had everything we needed. The lobby area of the hostel was also very welcoming and had lots of helpful information on things to do in Vienna. We also enjoyed the cheap, all-you-can-eat breakfast and the "Wombar" bar.

• 29th Mar 2015

This was the perfect location, right across from the Naschmarkt obviously, only a few minutes walk from Karlskirche, the Vienna State Opera, the Albertina etc. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. My one complaint is that outside of the lobby the wifi worked maybe 50% of the time but that's minor.

Cool place, lots going on, clean rooms and a decent vibe. Could have done with just a bit more effort on the party side considering its a capital city! However, by far one of the best options for this city! Thanks a lot!

Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay in the hostel. However, two of my roommates always came home pretty late and making a lot of noises. Well I guess that's the downside of staying in a hostel, but I saw several signs in the hostel reminding guests to keep the noise down after 10 pm. I guess the hostel can remind guests about this everytime a guest check-in. And also, I couldn't get the wifi in my room and that was a bit annoying but other than that I'm happy with the hostel :)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

This place was really great! It's a little bigger than any other hostel I'd stayed at but the staff was friendly and available 24/7. It's about a 15 min walk from the center and right next to a metro stop. Rooms were clean and there was a lobby, kitchen and bar area. I think I overpaid a tad but I travelled during spring break so that's probably why. Would stay here again.

Expensive breakfast Nice location

Thanks for your feedback:-) We are trying to offer a very extensive range at breakfast and , compared to Viennese prices, the price of our brekkie is unbeatable, it would cost about three times more anywhere else. We are sorry that you thought it was too expensive, but we can only keep the good quality and broad range with a certain minimum price.

Most Wombats have more of a fun atmosphere, which is important to me as a traveller. This one had a ton of high school students hanging at the bar, and not many people socializing. It did have cheap beer and was a very clean hostel. Expensive but so.is everything in Vienna.

Thank you for your Feedback!

I had unlucky timing on this one, or maybe it's a common occurrence. Seems to be a favourite with traveling school groups, so the only downside to this place is that the bar is overrun with teenagers. Definitely look elsewhere for a night out. Otherwise, the hostel itself is clean, comfortable, well-managed. I had no other issues and slept really well there.

I love this hostel!!!

• 21st Mar 2015

GREAT location across from the Nashmarkt! Would stay here again for sure!

A little hard to find (especially without a functioning map from the train station), but overall a great location right next to the Naschmarkt. Staff were friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were very well-maintained. Very quiet when it needed to be but also complete with a well-stocked bar.