Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

Choose this hostel if you want to stay close to the park. It's a 10 minute bus ride away from WuLingYuan entrance. Great location! And the main guy here, Victor, is of great help. He speaks good English and will give you all the info you need. They have another hostel which is located inside the park. I recommend staying here a night or two, there's a viewpoint (Bridge Viewing Terrace - WanQiaoTai) right behind the hostel and it's awesome!

• 5th Dec 2014

Overally 100% perfect youth hostel ever I have stayed!!! If I would have next chance to trip to ZJJ, I certainly would never hesitate to book here.

haha,welcome,next time if you want go there please send me wechart i will tell you the weather.

The hostel is pretty much average, but in a good way. We even had a shower in our room, not in the corridor. But the best part is definitely Victor! He was SOOOOO helpful, especially when we got lost in the park. He gave us the directions to another hostel on the mountain, which we would never find without his help. Our superman!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Russia

I think this might be your only option for cheap accommodation right beside the famous mountains, and it's really not so bad. Victor is very very very very helpful and lovely, and it's worth it just to get his advice on where to go in the park. I had no problem with our room or any of the facilities with a pretty big exception of the bathroom. If there's any area to be improved upon it's here. While not terrible, definitely not up to Western standards. Otherwise, it was really perfect!!

This is an old hotel and it was pretty damp to be honest. I felt ill while I was there. The main reception guy was fantastic though. He is definitely the best thing the hostel has going for it. One tip though, if you are going to visit the mountains then check weather first. I didn't. It rained for two days solid and I saw nothing so was a wasted trip. Gutted.

If you go to the park, this is the perfect spot. The bus number two stops right at the door and brings you right to the entrance in only 10 minutes. Victor is about the only person in this town that speaks English what is a great help as there are very few Western tourists in this area what makes traveling a bit harder compared to many other parts of China. Some people mention problems with the toilets but I guess they threw paper in what you cannot do anywhere in China but there is no sign.

The hostel is ok. It is not as terrible as some suggest, but also not great. it simply needs some refurbishment. The reason to go there is Victor as he speaks English, which makes everything easier. Though he was on holiday most of the time I was there. His brother doesn't speak English and is also not very friendly. Though the two ladies that cook are. There food is o.k. as well. Though the menu is as usual badly translated.

• 18th Oct 2014

The location was great and Victor was really helpful. I also liked the food. The hostel was really big but pretty empty so I was a bit scared to be in a room on the top floor on my own until I was joined by my roommate. There was also no toilet paper provided. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

Hi. because this is off season at zhangjiajie and we separate boys and girls,so your room just two people.

This is a simple chinese guesthouse that facilitates a trips to zhangjiajie perfectly. It has a perfect location and decent chinese food for like minded trekker. Victor is by and far one of the most helpful staff I have ever met. If you dont speak chinese you must stay here. His help in priceless. Thanks a lot victor.

I have very low expectations for cheap hostels. I do not need a common room, AC, wifi, food, or a nice bed. The only thing I ask is a cleanish shower. The bathroom are filled with mold and I needed to use hand sanitizer after getting out of the shower. Victor was the best, but cN get past the bathroom. I asked others and they all say the same. Beware!

• 28th Sep 2014

room and batheroom are humid

thank you because here is south of china so humid

I wish you could rate one staff member and not all because Victor is amazing. I was sorry to have inconvenienced the other 2 staff members I saw with my presence in their hostel. The hostel was in an incredible location 40 minutes outside Zhangjiajie but less than 5 minutes by bus to the national park. They food and vibe in Wulingyuan was great. I loved getting out of the city of Zhangjiajie. I would stay here again but something to know: the power and water are shut off during the day.

Victor was very helpful with planning my stay into the park. Very nice guy ! He gave me great advices on hikes in the park (especially ones to avoid the crowd) and also helped me out with buses/trains/etc... Thanks :)

• 20th Sep 2014

ths you too.

Victor was great, he helped me plan a ton. I would go back just for his travel help.

Victor is extremely helpful and gives you excellent advice on the wulingyan park. For this alone, I would recommend this hostel. However, I'm not sure, but he seems to work solo and it can feel like you're bothering him if you ask a lot of questions, like me. Facilities are old (could do with refurbishment), and it'd be nice to have personal touches like clean towels, free tea/coffee etc, as everything is chargeable including maps and water. Beds are on the hard side too.

POSITIVE: victor is great..helped us plan our days around the park. hostel is in a good location, you can even walk to the park in 15 mins. NEGATIVE: have to pay extra for air con they dont supply toilet roll..you have to go and buy it!! have to pay for maps rooms are mouldy and musty..in need of a revamp! bathrooms stink and also in need of rennovation. no atmosphere at all. very noisy when trying to sleep ok place to stay for the park..and theres not really any alternatives!

They're in a very good location for those who are seeking for peace and nature. Very near and convenient to go to the ZhangJiaJie National Park and to the Cave. Despite of it, they offer no services at all. You have to pay for the air-conditioning per night, and you can only get the air-conditioning remote at 20h. 6h in the morning somebody will enter in your room and turn it off. They don't rent towels and don't offer any service besides Wi-fi, as far as i'm concerned only 1st floor.

• 8th Sep 2014

The hostel is in a great location (very close to the Wulingyuan park entrance, and the staff was very helpful with planning hikes and travel within the park. However, the rooms (particularly the bathrooms) are in very poor condition. Toilets wouldn't flush, sinks had leaks, and the room itself had a musty/modly smell. Additionally, the policy of charging for using the air conditioner seems arbitrary and unfair, especially to those placed on the 5th floor.

The hostels in this area of China are not as nice in other areas but that is to be expected given that the area is not as touristed as others, the location is great because it is a lot closer to that park than staying in Zhangjiejia city. By staying in Wulingyuan you avoid a 40 minute bus ride. Although there is also a park entrance in Zhangjiajie also, it is not as convenient to see the park. I would recommend to stay here.

Victor was really helpful and facilitating. Room was fine although you have to pay extra for aircon and the toilet smelled a little. Lobby was a bit dead most of the time and closed fairly early. Enjoyable stay overall