Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

The location was great and Victor was really helpful. I also liked the food. The hostel was really big but pretty empty so I was a bit scared to be in a room on the top floor on my own until I was joined by my roommate. There was also no toilet paper provided. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

Hi. because this is off season at zhangjiajie and we separate boys and girls,so your room just two people.

I have very low expectations for cheap hostels. I do not need a common room, AC, wifi, food, or a nice bed. The only thing I ask is a cleanish shower. The bathroom are filled with mold and I needed to use hand sanitizer after getting out of the shower. Victor was the best, but cN get past the bathroom. I asked others and they all say the same. Beware!

• 28th Sep 2014

room and batheroom are humid

thank you because here is south of china so humid

I wish you could rate one staff member and not all because Victor is amazing. I was sorry to have inconvenienced the other 2 staff members I saw with my presence in their hostel. The hostel was in an incredible location 40 minutes outside Zhangjiajie but less than 5 minutes by bus to the national park. They food and vibe in Wulingyuan was great. I loved getting out of the city of Zhangjiajie. I would stay here again but something to know: the power and water are shut off during the day.

Victor was very helpful with planning my stay into the park. Very nice guy ! He gave me great advices on hikes in the park (especially ones to avoid the crowd) and also helped me out with buses/trains/etc... Thanks :)

• 20th Sep 2014

ths you too.

Victor was great, he helped me plan a ton. I would go back just for his travel help.

Victor is extremely helpful and gives you excellent advice on the wulingyan park. For this alone, I would recommend this hostel. However, I'm not sure, but he seems to work solo and it can feel like you're bothering him if you ask a lot of questions, like me. Facilities are old (could do with refurbishment), and it'd be nice to have personal touches like clean towels, free tea/coffee etc, as everything is chargeable including maps and water. Beds are on the hard side too.

POSITIVE: victor is great..helped us plan our days around the park. hostel is in a good location, you can even walk to the park in 15 mins. NEGATIVE: have to pay extra for air con they dont supply toilet roll..you have to go and buy it!! have to pay for maps rooms are mouldy and musty..in need of a revamp! bathrooms stink and also in need of rennovation. no atmosphere at all. very noisy when trying to sleep ok place to stay for the park..and theres not really any alternatives!

They're in a very good location for those who are seeking for peace and nature. Very near and convenient to go to the ZhangJiaJie National Park and to the Cave. Despite of it, they offer no services at all. You have to pay for the air-conditioning per night, and you can only get the air-conditioning remote at 20h. 6h in the morning somebody will enter in your room and turn it off. They don't rent towels and don't offer any service besides Wi-fi, as far as i'm concerned only 1st floor.

• 8th Sep 2014

The hostel is in a great location (very close to the Wulingyuan park entrance, and the staff was very helpful with planning hikes and travel within the park. However, the rooms (particularly the bathrooms) are in very poor condition. Toilets wouldn't flush, sinks had leaks, and the room itself had a musty/modly smell. Additionally, the policy of charging for using the air conditioner seems arbitrary and unfair, especially to those placed on the 5th floor.

The hostels in this area of China are not as nice in other areas but that is to be expected given that the area is not as touristed as others, the location is great because it is a lot closer to that park than staying in Zhangjiejia city. By staying in Wulingyuan you avoid a 40 minute bus ride. Although there is also a park entrance in Zhangjiajie also, it is not as convenient to see the park. I would recommend to stay here.

Victor was really helpful and facilitating. Room was fine although you have to pay extra for aircon and the toilet smelled a little. Lobby was a bit dead most of the time and closed fairly early. Enjoyable stay overall

Okay, so the location of this hostel and the fact that the man who runs it worked at the park are credible. He helped us find a less touristy route to see the national park Andre park itself was truly beautiful. However: the manager he is difficult and obnoxious. This hostel has a strict 12mindnight curfew, wifi doesn't reach the rooms and he turns everything off between the hours of 12am-6am. He refuses to replace items such as toilet paper. Regardless of booking extra nights etc.

hi i'm so sadness about you,tens of thousands of questions,Answer one by Answer one by one,geive you the information of the park.and booked the train tick for you and find the information how to get to he guiling and HK,like a baby-sitter..i'm so sorry I too good for you..

We stayed here in the end of July for a few days to visit the Zhangjiajie mountain park. Already upon arrival the English speaking staff was more than eager to make sure we got the best out of the area and helping us plan out our days there. The hostel itself is a very laid back little place that offers all you can ask of a hostel. And with the staff just waiting for you to ask for their help, we quickly fell in love with the place. Definetly the place to stay, if you're visiting the park.

Nice hostel, great staff. Got everything we needed. No problems at all :)

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

I'd heard how helpful Victor was. But he really just gave me a review of the hikes. I could have read that anywhere. I think his main job was to turn off the fans and computers in the common area. The hostel kitchen is closed from 11-4:30, so I just went out for lunch (and the rest of my meals). This place is a good business, but not a good hostel

I'm sorry for your feeling,1,our staff need rest at the noon,so not have food offer at 1:00-3:00 pm. and near our hostel have many restaurant,if you want to eat some food. 2.I give guests some information of the park, traffic .food..and I have a job at my hostel so I can't guide you travel the park like a tour guide. Thank you!

The facilities are bit old.Don't like toilet:( The staff was nice and friendly.Had good time over there.

Really good hostel for the price. My room was nice, AC and a good mattress. Vitor, the owner is an excellent person, always ready to help and he speaks a good English.

Thanks your happy is my happy

Location and staff were great! Victor was extremely helpful. He helped us plan three days of hiking around Zhangjiajie and Baofeng Lake and everything he recommended was excellent. The hostel itself was ok. Cracked toilet seat was a bit annoying...

The Wulingyuan ZIYH is great value accommodation and has very large rooms for a hostel. The staff were very helpful and welcomed us on our arrival at 1am full of smiles. We had and I recommend using a guide for in ZJJ but the staff were willing to assist everyone in planning an itinerary to see the amazing sights in the National Parks. The rooms are comfortable but the bathrooms could be updated, yet it is still great value for money. There are many restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

• 7th Jul 2014