Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

The best thing about this place is the staff! Viktor was so helpful. He was extremely friendly and helped us to plan every day in the park. The location of this hostel is fantastic if you're planning to visit Zhangjiajie National Park, just £1 for a taxi or 20p for a bus and takes only 5minutes! The wifi connection is okay. The rooms are fine, the showers aren't so great but it's what you would expect for such a cheap price.

thanks lucy and welcome to here next time. tks

Victor was a legend and gave us a great route for the National Park which steered us clear of all the tour groups! He needs to get himself an assistant though!!

• 14th Aug 2015

Victor, who speaks excellent English, is great to talk to and get advice from when he is around. However, I've once seen him one out of four of my days here. The other staff are helpful, if you speak Chinese. The hostel is a short bus ride from the east gate (Wulingyuan) to the park, but gets a lot of traffic noise early in the morning.

tks welcome to here nice time

We were on our own in this hostel. We stayed 3 days and never met the only person who speaks English, so called Victor. I emailed him asking for his help but never heard back from him. One member of staff was extremely helpful despite not being able to speak a word of English- which of course is not his fault. Furthermore the hostel advertised many things it simply didn't offer such as food, raincoats, or tickets to the Zhangjiajie National Forest. I could continue easily but I've ran out of cha

I'm sorry i will do my best!

the hostel provides good coffee to sale, there's internet for you to browse, if you come there at night no worry, bus station is just about 15 minutes short walk from the hostel, just read the map clearly!

tks welcome to here nice trip

We really enjoyed our stay here very much and would definitely recommend this place to anyone! It's in an ideal location, and extremely helpful staff with one in particular with flawless English. They were more than happy to help book things and give advice !

• 17th Jul 2015

I stayed at this hostel because of the good location and what other travelers had posted about Victor being helpful. The location turned out to be perfect. However, I didn't even seen Victor until my third day at the hostel. There were only Chinese speakers working there and it was difficult to communicate.

• 9th Jul 2015

Victor was very helpful but the rest of the staff spoke no english at all, if you had questions and Victor wasn't there you could not get answers. The facilities were oke but not very clean and there was no toilet paper provided. But what I really didn't like was having to pay extra for the airconditioner without being informed of this on the site.

The room was very dusty everywhere and there were used tissues under the bed. A/C stopped working in the middle of the night. Corridors and stairs were too dark. If it wasn't for Victor we would have struggled a lot in Wulingyuan. Thanks for your help Victor!

It was an okay hostel with convenient transportation to the national park (although the public bus has no set schedule). Victor was incredibly helpful with his advice on hiking in the park, but the other staff were considerably less so. The place was clean.

Wulingyuan international youth hostel was a good experience for me. The receptionist was friendly and very helpful. The dorm wasn't messy but was kind of loud in the morning because you can hear all the cars honking. Other than that, it was great.

I had a very comfortable stay at Wulingyuan. Not the best atmosphere if it's a rainy day and you can't go hiking. However, I had a great room and the girl at the front desk was amazingly helpful . Great location for getting to the park as well.

Victor was an excellent host. He offered individualized advice to any traveler depending on what they wanted to do. He speaks English well and also likes to hang out with people in the lower level common area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing too special. The common area sells water and cheap beer and is a good place to hang out with other guests.

I would highly recommend staying at this hostel! Victor (the guy that runs it) is awesome and extremely helpful! The hostel is in a great location, it's an easy walk to the lake and very close to the park. Facilities wise, nothing to complain about for the price. Happy travels!

thx,welcome to her next time.

The hostel is located close to the park entrance and the cute, touristic city of Wulingyuan. Viktor helps everyone out in planning their trips through the park, which has made my stay awesome. Facilities are good and the beds are very comfortable. Tip: spend one night in a hostel inside the park itself and marvel at the sunset and sunrise. Unforgettable!

ths,and welcome to here next time.

I'm always a bit suspicous when reviews focus so much on one employee, but in this case I have to say - Victor really is great! He is a great source of knowledge and much more helpful than his job description requires. The hostel itself is also good. Our group hat 3 twins, all facing the road so it was noisy (esp. early in the morning), but the rooms were clean, with enough space to fit the luggage, and the shower was great! There are shops and restaurants close by, so it's very convenient.

• 9th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Victor was very helpful with giving hiking routes and advice about the park in general! Super nice guy. Hostel conditions were expected with the price for a room so nothing to complain about! Great location to get a head start on the day.

• 1st May 2015

haha,ths I very happy you like here and welcome to here next time.

Victor was so helpful and made our trip really awesome! Hostel was in a great location, facilities could use some work but it was very passable. Price was good.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good hostel, great location. Plenty of taxis driving on the street to take you to the park. Victor is the best part of this hostel. He knows the park so well and is so helpful. The hostel didn't provide toilet paper. I thought that was weird and unreasonable. Good food for a hostel too.

We had a great experience here - it was a quick trip for the weekend, and we really wanted to get into the park right away after getting off a night train. Victor speaks excellent English, and was very helpful, he gave us great advice for the first rainy day, and then what do the next day. The hostel has an excellent location, walking distance from the park gate. We got lost in the park the last day and Victor helped us make our train with minutes to spare - Thank you so much!