Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

We stayed here in the end of July for a few days to visit the Zhangjiajie mountain park. Already upon arrival the English speaking staff was more than eager to make sure we got the best out of the area and helping us plan out our days there. The hostel itself is a very laid back little place that offers all you can ask of a hostel. And with the staff just waiting for you to ask for their help, we quickly fell in love with the place. Definetly the place to stay, if you're visiting the park.

Nice hostel, great staff. Got everything we needed. No problems at all :)

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

I'd heard how helpful Victor was. But he really just gave me a review of the hikes. I could have read that anywhere. I think his main job was to turn off the fans and computers in the common area. The hostel kitchen is closed from 11-4:30, so I just went out for lunch (and the rest of my meals). This place is a good business, but not a good hostel

I'm sorry for your feeling,1,our staff need rest at the noon,so not have food offer at 1:00-3:00 pm. and near our hostel have many restaurant,if you want to eat some food. 2.I give guests some information of the park, traffic .food..and I have a job at my hostel so I can't guide you travel the park like a tour guide. Thank you!

Really good hostel for the price. My room was nice, AC and a good mattress. Vitor, the owner is an excellent person, always ready to help and he speaks a good English.

Thanks your happy is my happy

Location and staff were great! Victor was extremely helpful. He helped us plan three days of hiking around Zhangjiajie and Baofeng Lake and everything he recommended was excellent. The hostel itself was ok. Cracked toilet seat was a bit annoying...

The Wulingyuan ZIYH is great value accommodation and has very large rooms for a hostel. The staff were very helpful and welcomed us on our arrival at 1am full of smiles. We had and I recommend using a guide for in ZJJ but the staff were willing to assist everyone in planning an itinerary to see the amazing sights in the National Parks. The rooms are comfortable but the bathrooms could be updated, yet it is still great value for money. There are many restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

• 7th Jul 2014

We really liked this hostel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the downstairs area was spacious and open. Victor was really friendly and helpful and helped us plan what to do during our stay, he knows everything about the local attractions/transport etc. Our only negative point would be that the bathrooms could be improved. Our group stayed in 2 different rooms and both had completely broken toilet seats and the toilets didn't flush very well. Also you have to pay extra for air con

Great place for visiting Zhangjiajie National Park. Victor was amazing in planning out my days in the park, as well as train and bus tickets for my next destination. When I come back to visit Tianmen Mountain (hopefully when its not foggy) I will be staying here. Great place

thank Rob !

It's hard to find the hostel at first.

victor, the owner, is super friendly and helped us plan our whole trip in the area. the common area is fairly large and you can buy food there.

Victor was fantastic and helped us both with trip suggestions in the national park and with translating Chinese for us. The rest of the staff was not that friendly (even if that perhaps was mostly due to communication problems since we don't know Chinese) and the food in the restaurant was not worth the prices. The rooms were okay but not more. The location of the hostel was as good as it could be outside the park. Wulingyuan is a really nice town!

Hi,thank you very much, because my staff can not speak English, i'm so sorry about this.because the last day the weather is change better.

The hostel has a very good location, all major attractions can be reached by bus which stops directly in front of the house. Some are even in walking distance. In proximity there are shops, markets, restaurants, ATM's, massage studios etc. The remarkable part about my stay was definitely the staff which is highly dedicated, friendly, local, fluent in English, extremely helpful, concerned about the guests' well being and always making an effort to make your stay unforgettable.

you are so kind and welcome to zhangjiajie for tianmen mountain.

Nice hostel in a very good position, Victor was very helpful, I recommend it

thank you very much!

The hostel has that musty odour and the bathrooms qualify as okay. The bed was very firm. Between that, the noise, and the odour I didn't sleep well and woke up each morning feeling a little of. All of this is made up for because of the hostel's proximity to the national park and the indispensable staff member, Victor. His suggestions, though not entirely comprehensive, gave great direction for each day's excursions. He does however have terrible taste in music and will sing along to it.

Hi Steven , I'm so sorry,I don't know you don't like listening to music!

Free 5 am wake up call by the construction noise, outside our window, was the only bonus! We had to pay extra for air conditioning, the staff wouldn't let us borrow cutlery and the toilet seat, in our room, was broken and sharp. The hostel is located close to the national park entrance which is convenient. Victor, the main staff member was friendly and provided us with a few good hiking routes. However, the other staff members were generally not very hospitable or helpful.

Good place to stay is your want to visit zhangjiajie parc. Victor from the staff speaks very good English and is very helpful! Thanks!

thanks too,have a nice trip in china

Good hostel, Location was good zhangjiajie in general is pretty easy to go around but this is in a great place to see the national parks areas. Victor was extremely helpful and knowledgeable with helping to plan our days out around the parks to what would be best to do with the time and weather conditions. Only complaint is the wifi did not reach our room on the 4th floor but other than that a great place! would definitely recommend staying here.

*_* thank you

Great little place outside of the park. Easy to find. Staff were a great help. Big enough place to hang out in the evenings. Prefer here to the sister hostel, but that's just me ^_^

Great place to stay. Victor is super helpful and informative and friendly too. He helped us with everything we needed!

your happy is my happy,i want every guest have a nice trip at zahngjiajie. have a nice trip in china

Quite a good location near to Baofeng Lake and close to shops and restaurants. Really helpful in giving information and route planning. It's just quite noisy from the number of buses that go past beeping their horn as well as the construction at the back of the hostel.