Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

The hostel is located close to the park entrance and the cute, touristic city of Wulingyuan. Viktor helps everyone out in planning their trips through the park, which has made my stay awesome. Facilities are good and the beds are very comfortable. Tip: spend one night in a hostel inside the park itself and marvel at the sunset and sunrise. Unforgettable!

ths,and welcome to here next time.

Victor was very helpful with giving hiking routes and advice about the park in general! Super nice guy. Hostel conditions were expected with the price for a room so nothing to complain about! Great location to get a head start on the day.

• 1st May 2015

haha,ths I very happy you like here and welcome to here next time.

Victor was so helpful and made our trip really awesome! Hostel was in a great location, facilities could use some work but it was very passable. Price was good.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good hostel, great location. Plenty of taxis driving on the street to take you to the park. Victor is the best part of this hostel. He knows the park so well and is so helpful. The hostel didn't provide toilet paper. I thought that was weird and unreasonable. Good food for a hostel too.

We had a great experience here - it was a quick trip for the weekend, and we really wanted to get into the park right away after getting off a night train. Victor speaks excellent English, and was very helpful, he gave us great advice for the first rainy day, and then what do the next day. The hostel has an excellent location, walking distance from the park gate. We got lost in the park the last day and Victor helped us make our train with minutes to spare - Thank you so much!

Lovely staff with very helpful advice. Rooms were fine, quite noisy in the morning with noise from the road. Only improvement is to get heating in the dining room!

We were so pleased with our entire stay. The place felt like a home away from home and made our great trip even better. Really glad we chose this centrally located place to see the sights out of.

• 5th Apr 2015

thank you very much,welcome to here next time.

We had a very nice stay at the Wulingyuan hostel. Victor is a very helpful guy, on Sunday he guided us through the park together with some other foreigners. The location of the hostel is perfect, you can reach everything within some minutes. All in all I can really recommend this hostel.

thank you very,welcome to here next time!

There was a nice hostel with very polite and helpful staff. I just wish they would set up a system so that late-night people like myself can get in without waking the staff.

We met very nice staff that he help our trip a lot. He recommend all things that we had the question, because travel in China not easy if they are not speak English . We have to Thank you again that we met new friend in big country His name is Mr. Ning Zheng ( Victor)

Victor... what a guy! After only spending 3 nights there I feel like we made a lifelong friend. You will NOT find a better hostel host. The hostel is on a really noisy street but that is the only downfall. He has been to the park about 50 times and knows everything about it. Wifi is only in the lobby and you have to pay for heat in the dorm rooms.

Hi joseph thanks a lot,and welcome to here next time.

This is a great place to stay if you are going to the national park. It is close enough that you can walk to the entrance. Victor is very helpful and will help you plan your trip and find the hostel, etc. You do have to pay for the heaters - 10Y a night which was not expected. The rooms are nice and the hostel is a great choice. Know that it is about an hour bus ride outside the city but it's perfect for the park.

Hi Jessica did you back to Nanjing welcome to here next time.

Good location, just by the entrance to the national forest park. Very friendly staff who helped me plan the entire route within the park as well, many thanks!

thanks zhang,welcome to here next time.

The hostel location is best to explore National Forest Park. Victor is amazing host ever-seen and he planned the mountain route as per our days. So interesting person and makes your day comfortable way for travellers.Definitely I will come again.

thank you very much and have a nice trip

Victor is a great host and provides a wealth of information about the mountains. Its a five minute taxi ride to the zhangjiajie gate entrance from the hostel. Anyone complaining about the heat does not understand China. South of the Yangtze river there is no central heating. Everyone uses the air conditioner for heat. You have to pay 10 yuan extra for this. Its standard as electricity is expensive. The air conditioner in my room worked quite well actually and I wasnt cold.

thank you Ashley,and have a nice trip in China Happy Valentine's Day,.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the room was not that good. They don't provide towels and you need to pay if you want to use the AC (and they only turn it on at night). The location is close to both city centre and Wulingyuan Park.

First thing I did upon arrival was book a hotel room for myself somewhere else. I imagine this place is so so in the summer when it's not cold, but in the winter there is no heat on anywhere. You have to pay for heat in your room and even then they won't turn it on until 6 pm. It was 40 outside, the windows and doors were open. I don't know what that is in Celsius but it's not much warmer than freezing. The bathroom was disgusting and no tp. No WiFi in room. Guy at desk didn't speak English.

Victor at the front desk is a legend, very friendly and helpful.

thank you and welcome to here next time

Heater not include in dorm room . U need to pay for it . No wifi on 5th floor . I am not sure about other . No heater in lobby that is only place i can use wifi .

Choose this hostel if you want to stay close to the park. It's a 10 minute bus ride away from WuLingYuan entrance. Great location! And the main guy here, Victor, is of great help. He speaks good English and will give you all the info you need. They have another hostel which is located inside the park. I recommend staying here a night or two, there's a viewpoint (Bridge Viewing Terrace - WanQiaoTai) right behind the hostel and it's awesome!