Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

We were so pleased with our entire stay. The place felt like a home away from home and made our great trip even better. Really glad we chose this centrally located place to see the sights out of.

• 5th Apr 2015

thank you very much,welcome to here next time.

We had a very nice stay at the Wulingyuan hostel. Victor is a very helpful guy, on Sunday he guided us through the park together with some other foreigners. The location of the hostel is perfect, you can reach everything within some minutes. All in all I can really recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

thank you very,welcome to here next time!

There was a nice hostel with very polite and helpful staff. I just wish they would set up a system so that late-night people like myself can get in without waking the staff.

We met very nice staff that he help our trip a lot. He recommend all things that we had the question, because travel in China not easy if they are not speak English . We have to Thank you again that we met new friend in big country His name is Mr. Ning Zheng ( Victor)

Victor... what a guy! After only spending 3 nights there I feel like we made a lifelong friend. You will NOT find a better hostel host. The hostel is on a really noisy street but that is the only downfall. He has been to the park about 50 times and knows everything about it. Wifi is only in the lobby and you have to pay for heat in the dorm rooms.

Hi joseph thanks a lot,and welcome to here next time.

This is a great place to stay if you are going to the national park. It is close enough that you can walk to the entrance. Victor is very helpful and will help you plan your trip and find the hostel, etc. You do have to pay for the heaters - 10Y a night which was not expected. The rooms are nice and the hostel is a great choice. Know that it is about an hour bus ride outside the city but it's perfect for the park.

Hi Jessica did you back to Nanjing welcome to here next time.

Good location, just by the entrance to the national forest park. Very friendly staff who helped me plan the entire route within the park as well, many thanks!

thanks zhang,welcome to here next time.

The hostel location is best to explore National Forest Park. Victor is amazing host ever-seen and he planned the mountain route as per our days. So interesting person and makes your day comfortable way for travellers.Definitely I will come again.

thank you very much and have a nice trip

Victor is a great host and provides a wealth of information about the mountains. Its a five minute taxi ride to the zhangjiajie gate entrance from the hostel. Anyone complaining about the heat does not understand China. South of the Yangtze river there is no central heating. Everyone uses the air conditioner for heat. You have to pay 10 yuan extra for this. Its standard as electricity is expensive. The air conditioner in my room worked quite well actually and I wasnt cold.

thank you Ashley,and have a nice trip in China Happy Valentine's Day,.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the room was not that good. They don't provide towels and you need to pay if you want to use the AC (and they only turn it on at night). The location is close to both city centre and Wulingyuan Park.

First thing I did upon arrival was book a hotel room for myself somewhere else. I imagine this place is so so in the summer when it's not cold, but in the winter there is no heat on anywhere. You have to pay for heat in your room and even then they won't turn it on until 6 pm. It was 40 outside, the windows and doors were open. I don't know what that is in Celsius but it's not much warmer than freezing. The bathroom was disgusting and no tp. No WiFi in room. Guy at desk didn't speak English.

Victor at the front desk is a legend, very friendly and helpful.

thank you and welcome to here next time

Heater not include in dorm room . U need to pay for it . No wifi on 5th floor . I am not sure about other . No heater in lobby that is only place i can use wifi .

Choose this hostel if you want to stay close to the park. It's a 10 minute bus ride away from WuLingYuan entrance. Great location! And the main guy here, Victor, is of great help. He speaks good English and will give you all the info you need. They have another hostel which is located inside the park. I recommend staying here a night or two, there's a viewpoint (Bridge Viewing Terrace - WanQiaoTai) right behind the hostel and it's awesome!

• 5th Dec 2014

Overally 100% perfect youth hostel ever I have stayed!!! If I would have next chance to trip to ZJJ, I certainly would never hesitate to book here.

haha,welcome,next time if you want go there please send me wechart i will tell you the weather.

The hostel is pretty much average, but in a good way. We even had a shower in our room, not in the corridor. But the best part is definitely Victor! He was SOOOOO helpful, especially when we got lost in the park. He gave us the directions to another hostel on the mountain, which we would never find without his help. Our superman!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Russia

I think this might be your only option for cheap accommodation right beside the famous mountains, and it's really not so bad. Victor is very very very very helpful and lovely, and it's worth it just to get his advice on where to go in the park. I had no problem with our room or any of the facilities with a pretty big exception of the bathroom. If there's any area to be improved upon it's here. While not terrible, definitely not up to Western standards. Otherwise, it was really perfect!!

This is an old hotel and it was pretty damp to be honest. I felt ill while I was there. The main reception guy was fantastic though. He is definitely the best thing the hostel has going for it. One tip though, if you are going to visit the mountains then check weather first. I didn't. It rained for two days solid and I saw nothing so was a wasted trip. Gutted.

If you go to the park, this is the perfect spot. The bus number two stops right at the door and brings you right to the entrance in only 10 minutes. Victor is about the only person in this town that speaks English what is a great help as there are very few Western tourists in this area what makes traveling a bit harder compared to many other parts of China. Some people mention problems with the toilets but I guess they threw paper in what you cannot do anywhere in China but there is no sign.

The hostel is ok. It is not as terrible as some suggest, but also not great. it simply needs some refurbishment. The reason to go there is Victor as he speaks English, which makes everything easier. Though he was on holiday most of the time I was there. His brother doesn't speak English and is also not very friendly. Though the two ladies that cook are. There food is o.k. as well. Though the menu is as usual badly translated.

• 18th Oct 2014