Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

Our stay in Wulingyuan was amazing! Viktor has been very helpful and kind with us, showing us how to get the most of the Zhangjiajie park! Only negative aspect: no WiFi in the 4 bed rooms ..

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Belgium

tks, Welcome to here next time,and see you again

Overall good, but it wasn't the cleanest place. No wifi in the rooms, but in the lobby yes. Victor was very helpful and advised us the best paths to take in the parc. You can buy a map of the parc for 5yuans.

• 24th Jan 2016

Hi I'm Victor I want you have a nice days here,and welcome to here next time.

The cleanliness could do with some improvement but it was reasonable. The room was basic but comfortable, cold overnight without the heater. The staff were exceptional, Victor helped us plan our days around the national park, gave us tips on where to eat, helped us get SIM cards, taught us a card game and just generally went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our time in Wulingyuan. We cannot praise him enough. If going to the national park, base yourself here, it's a 15min walk to the gate

thank you welcome to here next time.

The staff is very helpful and speak English. The location is a little bit far but it's not too hard to find. So far it's a very good place to pick.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Thailand

tks welcome to here next time.

We stayed for 3 nights in january And we had an awesome time hiking the national park. Big Thank you to Victor who gave us the perfect routes each day And was always helpful and friendly. I Would definetly recommend staying here. Location Is perfect And that was most Important to us since se spend all day outside anyways.

• 10th Jan 2016

tks for your review, very happy to meet you,welcome to here next time.

The location 8 very close to the main bus station. Which is very convenient. I only stayed a night. Even then the staff helped me make the most of it. Gave me clear instructions to go to the places I needed to.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • India

tks welcome here next time sahana.

Perfect location for the park and easy to find. Staff was ok when I arrived but Victor came the next day. What a nice guy, helpful and caring. I was there in december, was off season, but still met some nice people. Must be really cool in the summer. If you get there in winter, pay for heat, it is worth it.

• 3rd Dec 2015

tks for your review,the first i go to park with my friend i'am sorry, we will do our best to make you have a nice trip at zhangjiajie

Great hostel, exactly what you need on your trip to the avatar mountains. nothing more nothing less. Victor (the owner) was really friendly and his english was quite good. Helped us with planning a route to walk around the park (which was a great route) and told us to call him when we had any trouble. we called him a few times for some translations or minor questions and he friendly helped us out.

• 24th Nov 2015

hi tks for your review,we will do our best to make you have a nice trip at zhangjiajie

Awesome place. Great location near all attractions, shops, food and parks. Victor at front desk is so helpful and will give you all the info you need even the best spots that the tours don't go. Very happy stay here!

• 17th Nov 2015

tks,and welcome to here next time.

I thought this hostel was great!! Not only was it super close to all the parks but the host Victor basically gave us a free tour all over the mountains and was fun to be around!! It made my vaction to the mountains way better then it would have been if I would have stayed anywhere else!!

• 15th Nov 2015

hi tks,and very happy to meet you welcome to here next time.

Victor was so awesome!! He helped us out so much when we stayed there. He offered his services as our park guide and helped us navigate the town. He is such a great guy! The hostel was nice, but cold when we went in November. Depending on the room you get you have to pay for heat/ac which was 10 Yuan. It was worth it!! There aren't many food places for breakfast near the hostel. The hostel will provide breakfast upon request for about 10 Yuan or so. We loved our stay mostly because of Victor! :)

tks,every happy to meet you and i feel very happy for you have good time in zhangjiajie

Stayed for 2 days in the 3 bed private room. The room was ok, but a little mold on the ceiling. The room was cold, just like outside. The shower was inconvenient, water all over the floor. Location was really good though, only 5 minutes with bus 2 to Wulingyuan Entrance.

We went there because the manager is supposed to be great and always helps people organizing the trek to the avatar mountains but he waS not there and nobody could speak English so it was very hard to communicate. Rooms and facilities are dirty and although they have signs saying that is not allowed to smoke, their own staff was smoking all the time. The food is good and is not expensive!

Location of hotel was good easy to go to tourist places with few minutes. Staff try to help me for information eventhough he can not speak English.

Victor, the guy at the front desk was super helpful. The facilities were average for the price paid. Bring flip flops to wear in the bathrooms as the floor gets very wet from the shower. Location is relatively convenient for Wuliyuan Park.

Rooms are basic and old fashion. Victor and his staff were helpfull and very kind. When Victor wasn't in the building the other staffmembers tried to help you as much as possible in English.

The location was only good if you are visiting zhangjiajie national park and it is walking distance to Baofen lake. We hated this place. It was cold, damp, dark and musty. All of our clothes left in the room were damp at the end of our stay. The guy victor is really helpful with what to do but that's about it. The common area downstairs is the only place for wifi. It is occupied by an old man who seems to live there who watches Chinese to very loudly. Not a good hostel needs a revamp

This hostel is in the perfect location if you are planning on going to the National Park! Victor is an amazing person as well. He is so helpful and wants to assist you in any way that he can. The hostel is lacking in things to do if you want to just sit around, but it is a beautiful city and area, get out and experience it!

tks,welcome to here next time.

Best hostel in Wulingyan for the price you pay, easy access to all the attractions and it is very close to Baofeng lake, Victor at the reception is such a cool person and his guidance was the best, I will recommend this hostel to backpackers who wants to feel home away from home

haha,tks, with you have a good time in zhangjiajie. welcome to here next time.

Zhangjiajie is a pretty small city and all of its business seems to be centered around the park there, so hotel options are limited and even moreso when you're on a budget. While the facilities and cleanliness of this hostel are just so-so, the staff are exceptional. Victor helped me with every little thing. I even got lost in the park and called him for help; with his knowledge of the massive park he knew exactly where I was and helped me find my way. I'll definitely visit again in the future.

haha,tks see you next time.