Wulingyuan Zhongtian International Youth Hostel Reviews

Baofeng Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, China

Really good hostel for the price. My room was nice, AC and a good mattress. Vitor, the owner is an excellent person, always ready to help and he speaks a good English.

Location and staff were great! Victor was extremely helpful. He helped us plan three days of hiking around Zhangjiajie and Baofeng Lake and everything he recommended was excellent. The hostel itself was ok. Cracked toilet seat was a bit annoying...

The Wulingyuan ZIYH is great value accommodation and has very large rooms for a hostel. The staff were very helpful and welcomed us on our arrival at 1am full of smiles. We had and I recommend using a guide for in ZJJ but the staff were willing to assist everyone in planning an itinerary to see the amazing sights in the National Parks. The rooms are comfortable but the bathrooms could be updated, yet it is still great value for money. There are many restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

• 7th Jul 2014

We really liked this hostel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the downstairs area was spacious and open. Victor was really friendly and helpful and helped us plan what to do during our stay, he knows everything about the local attractions/transport etc. Our only negative point would be that the bathrooms could be improved. Our group stayed in 2 different rooms and both had completely broken toilet seats and the toilets didn't flush very well. Also you have to pay extra for air con

Great place for visiting Zhangjiajie National Park. Victor was amazing in planning out my days in the park, as well as train and bus tickets for my next destination. When I come back to visit Tianmen Mountain (hopefully when its not foggy) I will be staying here. Great place

thank Rob !

Victor was fantastic and helped us both with trip suggestions in the national park and with translating Chinese for us. The rest of the staff was not that friendly (even if that perhaps was mostly due to communication problems since we don't know Chinese) and the food in the restaurant was not worth the prices. The rooms were okay but not more. The location of the hostel was as good as it could be outside the park. Wulingyuan is a really nice town!

Hi,thank you very much, because my staff can not speak English, i'm so sorry about this.because the last day the weather is change better.

The hostel has a very good location, all major attractions can be reached by bus which stops directly in front of the house. Some are even in walking distance. In proximity there are shops, markets, restaurants, ATM's, massage studios etc. The remarkable part about my stay was definitely the staff which is highly dedicated, friendly, local, fluent in English, extremely helpful, concerned about the guests' well being and always making an effort to make your stay unforgettable.

you are so kind and welcome to zhangjiajie for tianmen mountain.

Nice hostel in a very good position, Victor was very helpful, I recommend it

thank you very much!

The hostel has that musty odour and the bathrooms qualify as okay. The bed was very firm. Between that, the noise, and the odour I didn't sleep well and woke up each morning feeling a little of. All of this is made up for because of the hostel's proximity to the national park and the indispensable staff member, Victor. His suggestions, though not entirely comprehensive, gave great direction for each day's excursions. He does however have terrible taste in music and will sing along to it.

Hi Steven , I'm so sorry,I don't know you don't like listening to music!

Free 5 am wake up call by the construction noise, outside our window, was the only bonus! We had to pay extra for air conditioning, the staff wouldn't let us borrow cutlery and the toilet seat, in our room, was broken and sharp. The hostel is located close to the national park entrance which is convenient. Victor, the main staff member was friendly and provided us with a few good hiking routes. However, the other staff members were generally not very hospitable or helpful.

Good place to stay is your want to visit zhangjiajie parc. Victor from the staff speaks very good English and is very helpful! Thanks!

thanks too,have a nice trip in china

Good hostel, Location was good zhangjiajie in general is pretty easy to go around but this is in a great place to see the national parks areas. Victor was extremely helpful and knowledgeable with helping to plan our days out around the parks to what would be best to do with the time and weather conditions. Only complaint is the wifi did not reach our room on the 4th floor but other than that a great place! would definitely recommend staying here.

*_* thank you

Great little place outside of the park. Easy to find. Staff were a great help. Big enough place to hang out in the evenings. Prefer here to the sister hostel, but that's just me ^_^

Great place to stay. Victor is super helpful and informative and friendly too. He helped us with everything we needed!

your happy is my happy,i want every guest have a nice trip at zahngjiajie. have a nice trip in china

Quite a good location near to Baofeng Lake and close to shops and restaurants. Really helpful in giving information and route planning. It's just quite noisy from the number of buses that go past beeping their horn as well as the construction at the back of the hostel.

Positives were the lady on the front desk who was very helpful and friendly. Also we booked a twin room as it was slightly cheaper and were pleasantly surprised that each bed was plenty big enough for two people. The negatives were not having wifi in the rooms. Also we had an extremely noisy construction side right outside our window which commenced before 7am each morning. Whilst I understand this was out of the control of the hostel it was not mentioned anywhere when we booked or checked in.

• 17th May 2014

Hostel is great, and Victor is as good as they get! Speaks English and very helpful. Only issue is that the road outside turns into a honking disaster full of buses blasting their airhorns all night and early in the morning. It's not the hostel's fault, and should be dealt with by the town of Wulinyuan, but still, don't expect to sleep past 6am. If you can, request a room on the inside of the building away from the road.

have a nice trip in china,welcome to zhangjiajie next time! Vcitro

Great staff! Victor helped us planning our trips through the park and told us about the best spots to visit there! He's really nice. Hostel is located in the village not in the city of Zhangjiajie: That is very positive. The lake is in walking distance, the entrance to the park is a 5 mins bus drive.

• 30th Apr 2014

English speaking staff is very helpful in arrangements and planning outings. Cleanliness could be better but for only a few nits stay it's bearable. 3. Person rooms are convenient and personal bathrooms is a big help!

Hi because you are in dorm room and your room nobody check-out so if there is no guest requirements we can't go to your room cleaning the garbage, replace the bag.

Fantastic Hostel! The staff were really helpful! They helped me organise my time in Wulingyuan efficiently so I could see as much as possible in the short period of time I was there.

Thank you for your review. We hope you had a good time at Zhangjiajie