XiaMen Baijiacun International Hostel Reviews

Liao Hua Road20#, Xiamen, China

Great location, and friendly atmosphere. But the facilities toilets, rooms etc are run down and in desperate need of repair. Stay if you want to live in an old colonial building, but be prepared to rough it .

• 21st Jul 2014

It s a good value for the money, good location and quite secure, clean and the staff quite helpful, I would definitely stay again if I have to go back to Xiamen

Staff there are so nice, I.met some.new friends and watched World Cup in the hostel restaurant . What a great place to stay in Xiamen

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The place was decent and fulfilled all my wants except the coffee machine was broken. I wouldn't say it was spectacular and loads of fun, but it was functional, relaxed, and relatively clean. The location is the best aspect - near several bus stations, around some nice parks, and not too far from the beach.

They have smelly bedsheets as if they were not washed.

A very pleasant place to stay. Just a small problem about the drainage pipe under my sink, but it got fixed quickly.

This is the worst hostel I've EVER stayed in! The room and bathroom were very dirty. Also, there was NEVER toilet paper. None of the lockers locked and the beds were hard as rocks. Worst of all, when we tried to leave they pointed at some broken light, said we broke it and wanted us to pay a lot of money for a new one. The girl who works there physically grabbed my arm when I refused and started screaming 'This is China!' The owner came down and locked us in the complex to extort the money.

Excellent Location, in the centre of everything! Close to the city center and the ferry to Gulang yu. The Family who owns the hostel is extremly nice and helpfull - especially since they can actually speak englisch! They helped us a lot with general information as well as the arrangement of tours. Since the hostel is directly located in the old town/street market district it can be noisy at night, thats the price you pay for the excellent location. We didn´t mind and just used earplugs. :-)

Staff wasnt very nice and locked the door at night so we had to ring the bell for 10-15mins before someone finally opened the gate, cursing us in Chinese. Rooms and bathrooms are particularly clean, however, the location is very nice and just a few minutes from the main part of the city

Nice place where you can meet people from around the world. In female dorm toilet was broken so we had to go to public rest room. Also our dorm wasn't cleaned a few days.