Ximen New Moon Hostel Reviews

1F., No.79, Xining S. Rd., Wanhua Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

At first, we were being arranged to a very dirty room at worse location, went to the staff and complained about it, I was trying to ask for refund and change an accommodation, end up the manager kept saying she will arrange another room for us and we definitely will satisfy. the progress took more around an hour to move our luggages etc. wasted the time. Finally the room is ok, but beddings is dirty & don't feel safe, toilet facilities is bad. The host have some accommodation at different venue.

Location is perfect. Walking distance from the amazing Ximending area. The bathroom includes necessary items (toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo), which was a pleasant surprise. Room was clean, lady at the reception (which is in a massage salon a few doors over) was very nice.

Cheap and good and decent with this pricing.

A really clean room with a nice decoration. The staff are very nice and helpful And the price is really great for having a good quality room like this. I think if I go Taipei again I will choose this hostel again :)

This place is very well located, in the middle of Ximending. The rooms are OK, but no what they look like in the website. They are small and the window is in the toilet, no in the actual room. It is not bad for backpackers, but I would not recommend it for couples.

The staff don't understand English and the clean could better. You got what you pay for.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Delivered exactly as advertised. My 2nd stay with them, although different house. My wife complained about climbing 2 flights of steps, but was ok. Room small but clean and everything worked. Right next to Xinmending yet not noisy. We arrived after 11pm (an hour later than our appointment) and they were very accepting, room was waiting. Front door quite secure IF other travellers close it. Cameras cover all doors. Will stay again.