Ximen New Moon Hostel Reviews

1F., No.79, Xining S. Rd., Wanhua Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel is located at a rather weird location, in a residential apartment - not the address stated on the web. The staff also insisted that I them the full amount upon check in and that the 10% deposit was not deducted as the website only required my card number for reference. I had to talk to the boss on my check out day to get back my 10%.

Reasonable for it's price. Location is pretty good. However, security is awful ! The padlock on my bag was disturbed when I returned, most probably by the house-keeping. What's worst is someone tried to open my door in the morning on my last day of stay while I was still sleeping, even before I check-out ! Totally unacceptable and not secure ! Entrance to room is on different building and counter will close after 1 AM ! No phone in room for service and packet shower creams are very limited !

• 23rd Oct 2013