YHA Kakapo Lodge Reviews

14 Amuri ave, Hanmer Springs, New Zealand

Location was perfect. Next to everything. Hostel was clean and safe and the staff were very friendly. The only thing I didn't like we're the noisey kids upstairs but they were quiet at night but that was my only complaint I guess you can say.

Genuine, friendly, hospitable, helpful owners/managers who went out of their way without asking whenever they saw any additional way they might help make the stay better. Also how they manage to keep the place so clean and odour free is beyond me. I have stayed in supposedly higher standard and much higher cost hotels and other accommodation that did not match theirs. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending YHA Kakapo Lodge.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

The Hostel was really comfortable and clean...and I was surprised how warm was there during the night. I would definitely recommend, because its close to hanmer spring pools, silent with nice staff.

Kitchen closed at 10pm which was a little strange. Other than that it was a decent hostel. Clean rooms and a nice receptionist

Very Close to town. Super friendly staff, very helpful. Great atmosphere, very clean kitchen and rooms. Hairdryer available. Dryer wasnt the greatest, we had to cycle our loads twice.

Very pleasant n relaxed stay hassel free😊

• 11th Jul 2014