YHA Kakapo Lodge Reviews

14 Amuri ave, Hanmer Springs, New Zealand

Good fast wifi ($5 extra), clean rooms and bathrooms, well equipped kitchen, short walk to the hot springs and supermarket.

It was almost empty when we stayed there, so we had plenty of space to ourselves which was kind of nice. Walking distance from everything you need in the town too. Really recommend the hot springs.

Great place to stay. Clean, quiet, comfortable

• 5th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel that offers all you need for a comfortable stay.

• 12th Jan 2015

Location was perfect. Next to everything. Hostel was clean and safe and the staff were very friendly. The only thing I didn't like we're the noisey kids upstairs but they were quiet at night but that was my only complaint I guess you can say.

Genuine, friendly, hospitable, helpful owners/managers who went out of their way without asking whenever they saw any additional way they might help make the stay better. Also how they manage to keep the place so clean and odour free is beyond me. I have stayed in supposedly higher standard and much higher cost hotels and other accommodation that did not match theirs. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending YHA Kakapo Lodge.

• 29th Oct 2014