Yijia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.329 zhongzhoudong Road, in the opposite of Qingnianggong, Luoyang, China

Nice hostel, communication with staff was not always easy in English but it always worked out. Clean rooms, mainly Chinese people staying at this hostel, the atmosphere in the bar was really nice.

A pleasant surprise! Everything was great and what you'd expect from a hostel in a big city. I was a bit surprised b/c Luoyang can feel off the beaten path for the average tourist in China... but this hostel has a good bar, reasonable prices, is clean, and has a cool location in Old Town Luoyang. I'd highly recommend it! (If you are looking for a good location to Longmen, Shaolin, and White Horse Temple you won't find one ... they are all far from each other so this hostel is as good as any).

No doubts it's a good place like stay at home~ valued~

• 14th Feb 2014

Thank you so much for your praise! Welcome to our hostel next time.

The staff was quite helpful - The oven in the common room was very nice to warm up in the winter, but unfortunately the AC is not properly working in the dorm.

Ok, very busy, I had a double room which was basic, no wifi accept in busy, loud lounge area.When I mentioned free breakfast came with booking 3 nights they didnt know what I was talking about I had to show them the website which stated free breakfast. I was then presented with 2 slices of hard toast, frozen butter and 2 slices of undercooked bacon, not exactly as advertised. Asked for bus route to Shaolin Temple, spent 2 hrs on a bus they told me to get that went to the middle of nowhere!!!

Sorry about the breakfast and the wrong information. As the staff is fresh who are not very familiar with our ads on the websites and the tourists information. And sorry about the breakfast we served , that was our big mistake,we will punish the chef. Thanks for your review, we will improve our service and enhance our staff management.

The staff didn't know english, and the one who did wasn't very nice or helpful! The bar/restaurant who they said is working, doesn't exist! It was clean, thats a big plus!

Cutest kitten and puppy ever, at one point they both fell asleep on my lap. Hostel is clean and tidy, round the corner from snack street, definitely worth visiting. Really helpful staff, spoke great English.

The staff were great and helped us enormously with how to get to the places we wanted. Bedrooms clean and warm.

A nice and friendly place to stay in Luoyang, close to the night food market which is handy. Also, they have cute young dogs and a friendly cat which is a plus.

Nice hostel in an easy access area. The staff were helpful. The bed was comfy. There were three adorable puppies running about the common area / bar (and a kitten if you are a cat person), they were great for a little cuddle! The only downside is that the wifi was patchy.