Yoho International Youth Hostel Salzburg Reviews

Paracelsusstr. 9, A 5020 Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria

It's a stop for the top deck tour so there were so many people when we arrived and at night people were on the stairs and hallways outside our room till super late so we didn't get the best night sleep. Lucky I had some ear plugs. The kitchen is pretty much non existent so the only things you can cook are microwaveable items, it also smells like mould. They have a cool bar and play the sound of music which is fun. The beds a comfy and nice big rooms with big lockers.

Love the place, every time I stay.. Returning after 3 years and hasn't disappointed... Make a few friends each time and thanks to patrick and christina for their time... :)

This hostel was great! A short and very doable walk from the center. The staff was very helpful and the hostel bar had a great atmosphere and was a great way to meet people and have fun in a fairly small city.

The receptionist Patrick was excellent and extremely helpful. He answered all our queries with a smile and went the extra mile in providing us additional information! Had an excellent stay at YoHo!

Patrick and Patricia both staffs were awesome. It was Christmas time and very busy although both were helping out everyone with smile. Overall, experience at YOHO was great and they show you sound of music movie every night 👍👍👍👍

staff were great! Patrick was very friendly, good job! Dinner served at lowest price, can quite confidently say you can't get such price anywhere else!

One member of staff was exceptionally rude and interrogated me like a criminal before demanding my passport when I asked to check in. He was concerned because I had come down from upstairs before asking to check in. No matter how concerned about security he is, I think it's disgusting to speak to paying guests in that way and it completely ruined my impression of this place. Having said this, the receptionist who I spoke to earlier that morning was very friendly and helpful - it's all luck!

The staffs are really kind and can try to explain everything well.

Cool place to stay. Room was adequate and the bedding was actually very warm and comfortable. Internet is only available in office, wish it was available in room but it forced me to get out and interact. The bar in the hostel is fun. I had a few beers in there to close out the night. The playlist was mostly american 90s rock and made me feel at home.

• 20th Dec 2014

great hostel and friendly, helpful staff

Clean area, good showers, friendly staff, good wifi and decent bar. A good stay!

Very poor experience. Basically it was a barrack, for sure it is young house and can be predicted. Besides, when you check in there were no introduction of everything and cold fish staffs were busy on daily routine. You are not able to use Internet in room and every time when you try to go online you must login again, it was extremely inconvenient.

Everything is good. They have breakfast buffet for a very reasonable price, so as dinner (the pizza is really yummy!!). Other than that, they show 'Sound of Music' every night, which is really cool! The staff are all very friendly too! However, the toilet is not clean. I think the it needs to be cleaned more than once a day.

Very clean hostel. Bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean. I found breakfast a bit expensive for what was there. Salzburg is a very small location and the location is quite central to everything. Hostel is down the road from an amazing restaurant called "Pasta and Vino". Wifi is a bit patchy in the rooms but if you stand near the boys showers you get awesome wifi - so it's not all bad.

Overall excellent. Only complaints: no individual power sockets for each bed, and the breakfast probably isn't worth 3.50, even if it is all you can eat. Receptionist should avoid referring to watching the Sound of Music in Salzburg as "cheesy" - I do what I want!

I loved that atmosphere and everything was so clean! The wifi was awesome and I enjoyed the all you can eat breakfast for 3.5 euro, although I wish there had been a few more choices. I would definitely stay here again!

• 15th Dec 2014

Nice dorm room - more spacious and bright than usual for hostels. The break fast was average - could offer a little more choice- not as good as in other hostels I visited on my trip.

• 13th Dec 2014

Near the train station, it is a modern hostel where you can easily enjoy the city and sleep comfortable.

Decent hostel that provides all the essentials but lacks a bit of atmosphere despite having a "bar". It seems to be a stop on TopDeck Tour so provides little opportunity for solo travellers to meet people.

Was aight