Youth Hostel Firenze 2000 Reviews

Viale Raffaello Sanzio, 16, Florence, Italy

When my friend and I arrived, we were told we could use the WIFI for €1 each per night, which wasn't a lot of money but thought it was a bit cheap of them, seeing as the WIFI connection wasn't that great. Then when we tried to turn on the AC, we couldn't. We were then told that was extra too, and would cost €2.50 EACH per night, which I didn't understand. There was no hand soap offered in the bathroom, so I had to shell out money for that too. Too many extras and poor location. Too annoying.

• 23rd Jun 2015

After backpacking Europe for 2 months, this was by far the WORST hostel we've ever stayed at. Besides the staff being completely obnoxious liars, they charge you 6 euros a night just to use the air conditioning that's already in the room!! They also charge you for wifi that barely even works. The reception closes at 7pm so if your daily wifi runs out after 7, you're pretty much screwed until the next day. I would rather sleep on the street than stay here again.

This hostel was really friendly and helpful. A 2 minute walk down the road and you'll find a restaurant called osteria (recommended by staff) it was absolutely delicious. Best I had in Italy. The bus 12 and 13 we found were horrible and slow. However, if your of average fitness or do not hold any injuries, you can basically walk to where ever you need to go in florence.