Youth Hostel Firenze 2000 Reviews

Viale Raffaello Sanzio, 16, Florence, Italy

The staff from check in to check out were friendly and helpful to everyone they dealt with, all with excellent language skills. The location of the hostel is outside the historic centre of Florence but there are a number of interesting routes to walk into the centre along both sides of the Arno or there's a good bus/tram service. Very convenient to a big supermarket (big plus!) with a good selection of local cafes, bars and restaurants without the crowds or prices of central Florence.

I really did like the private rooms. Everything was pretty awesome. Easy to find, however the only thing I was a little shocked about was the charge for the use of WiFi. Although its just 1 euro, backpackers are always looking for that budget experience. Haha. However you take it.

Staff were not welcoming and although they weren't rude they didn't offer any help. AC you buy not per room but per person. Reception hours were terrible with closure at 7:30pm. There was no kitchen and the area the hostel was in was not very friendly or safe in atmosphere, however that was the only way to eat. We were in a double bed room yet the mattress was only two singles pushed together with double bedding. Would not reccommend or return, spend a bit more and stay somewhere else!!

Hostel was nice. We had a private room. Unfortunatelly you have to pay additional fee for wi-fi and there is no breakfast. In general it was ok.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Though this hostel was a little out of the way (but still entirely accessible), it was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at, and reasonably priced too!

It was easy to get there and the staff were very nice and helpful. Would recommend it to others.

The reason I chose this hostel was simply for the price as Florence is pretty expensive. Therefore in the context of things I can't complain too much. However the location wasn't great as it is about a half an hours walk from the centre. Plus our room did smell of damp and the window had some strange net with a tiny square you could open that looked like something you'd find in a bird cage. Therefore getting natural light into the room was a big problem. The shower was great though.

I liked this hostel very.much. Personnel is very responsive. One minus is that hostel needs one document as deposit for key but it's not crucial.

Very friendly staff, location is good but not perfect, by foot it takes you about 20 min to the historical center, but a supermarket is very close! Unfortunately there is no kitchen in the hostel, but cute sitting areas in and outside!

The directions may seem confusing to get to the hostel on foot, but it is a quick walk, and an even shorter (and simpler) bus ride. I would not say that it is a good value for the money, because you do not have access to wifi, breakfast is just a prepackaged croissant, and there really isn't any hostel culture. It was a nice clean place to sleep, and the location is in a quiet area, but that is about it. It was fine but I would probably book with someone else next time.

A disgusting little place that is a good 45 minute walk from anything worth seeing. Great you have your own room and bathroom but towels and wifi were extra and my bedroom had bugs in it. There was not a place to cook anything and my room was not at all clean.

The room we had was cold, damp and had a mouldy smell to it. We asked if it was possible for heating to be turned on but unfortunately it couldn't be. Despite our room the staff were very helpful and friendly.

I have had a wonderful stay with them .