Youth Hostel Fritz Prior Schwedenhaus

Fabulous 181 Total Reviews

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2017
2.0

Hostel is alright, arrived there at 11am and couldn't check in until 5pm, we couldn't even leave our bags there which was annoying as we had to drag it all through the town so we could get something to eat as there are no near by restaurants. Check out is before 9am and we weren't allowed to leave our bags there until 12 as we had a train at 1, so again we had to carry our bags all through town. Only positive is the wifi was good.

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017
7.4

Lovely hostel in a lovely location. But please bare in mind when it says check in at 5pm they mean it. There was six of us stood out in the rain for 2 hours waiting for reception to let us in. This also goes for your luggage if you want to leave it behind to enjoy the rest of they say there you are unable to collect it until after 5pm

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017

Gorgeous location just out of the city. Very spacious and clean room. Games room is extremely fun and accessible. We didn't see many other people during our stay.

• subo2013
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Jun 2017

Pros: Free breakfast, quiet, location, good size rooms Cons: no atmosphere, early checkout

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2017
6.6

I have never stayed at a hostel that has such strange reception hours. You can only check in after 5pm and you have to check out before 9am. The reception is closed between 9am-5pm so you have no one to ask for any good places to go or to eat etc. Breakfast is very early but they have a good selection to eat. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm but it was only myself. The rooms are clean and decent with a ensuit. I visited end of June and it was very quiet. There were not many people in the hostel.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
7.4

A hostel with so much potential, but the staff's negligence ruins it. Their checkout time is horrible at 9am, but check in time is 5pm, with no exceptions. Came early about 4pm on the first day and they just make me sat there till 5pm even when the room was ready. Just gave me the room key and didnt mention wheres the kitchen, the place for breakfast, or the wifi password. The wifi shuts off at 11pm too which they wont bother telling you. Bunk was spacious and everything else was great.

20th Jun 2017

Good hostel, bit of an odd one though. I would stay again if I ever went back to Innsbruck (which is likely) but to my understanding the front desk is closed between 22.30 and 07.00 and during the weekend; for me the wifi was not available past 22.30 or before 0700 either. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I was not give any bed linen and so I do not know if it is free or not.

• lyndenburns
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
19th Jun 2017

A great hostel with a cool view of the mountains. Facilities were great and staff were helpful. A short bus ride from the main train station.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
18th Jun 2017
7.4

A good place to spend a night or two but nothing special. No atmosphere and felt more like a hospital than a hostel. Very clean and nice though